TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #451
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Makes me wonder how young Lion-O was when he started getting interested in Technology and what started the fascination.
Might have been a young age when he was read stories like the kittens or when he heard of the flying machine tygra arrived in either way he was desperately trying to make a ps3 from scraps
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #452
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Lion-O liked Cheetara. Tygra liked Cheetara. We didn't know who Cheetara liked.

Love triangle.

is that really so complicated?

Considering you got it wrong....

What we are shown:

Lion-O likes Cheetara
Cheetara likes Lion-O
Tygra is a spoiled brat with psychological issues.
Cheetara chooses Tygra.

It wasn't a triangle, it was a poorly written mess and nothing more. You have your opinion about it and I have mine.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #453
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Eh, Betty-Archie-Veronica is a love triangle. Not that it's well done, but at least the requisite points are there. And it's not one that's easily resolved either

Oh my god, you just sunk Balgus' battleship!

Well done!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #454
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Well, in this case, Archie is more like Cheetara, Betty is Lion-O and Veronica is Tygra
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #455
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Archie is more complicated than a triangle. you also have Reggie going after Veronica, Archie going after Cheryl, Betty has went after Jason and Adam, Archie dating Valerie. etc, etc.

That's not a triangle that's an octagon or something.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #456
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Whether it truly is a love triangle or not is not something I am going to get into but I will say the series would be better without its inclusion.

When the new series was announced I don't think any of us went "I wonder if there will be a love triangle!?" The writers completely missed the field goal with that decision.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #457
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Reggies gone after both Veronica and Betty though. I'm calling it, Pumyra is Reggie.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #458
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Archie is more complicated than a triangle. you also have Reggie going after Veronica, Archie going after Cheryl, Betty has went after Jason and Adam, Archie dating Valerie. etc, etc.

That's not a triangle that's an octagon or something.
That's a Soap Opera.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #459
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Well, in this case, Archie is more like Cheetara, Betty is Lion-O and Veronica is Tygra
Hmm I'd say lion-o is charlie brown snarf is snoopy cheetara is the little red head girl and pumyra is peppermint patty and tygra can be lucy (after a cat change)
Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #460
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
I kinda think I thought Lion-O Pumrya was supposed to happen back in the original show. I know that before Pumrya showed up, I definitly thought Lion-O/Mandora was supposed to be something. But shipping isn't really what a six year old is thinking about.

We definitly need a payoff for Lion-O and Tygra. Either Lion-O finally desicivly beats Tygra, or Tygra finally realizes that Lion-O has enough trouble without his petty jelously, especially when he's won all the good stuff, and Lion-O is stuck with the responsibilities.

And let us not forget one of the biggest problems with dragging stuff out so it can be developed later. You might not get a latter....
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #461
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
I kinda think I thought Lion-O Pumrya was supposed to happen back in the original show. I know that before Pumrya showed up, I definitly thought Lion-O/Mandora was supposed to be something. But shipping isn't really what a six year old is thinking about.

We definitly need a payoff for Lion-O and Tygra. Either Lion-O finally desicivly beats Tygra, or Tygra finally realizes that Lion-O has enough trouble without his petty jelously, especially when he's won all the good stuff, and Lion-O is stuck with the responsibilities.

And let us not forget one of the biggest problems with dragging stuff out so it can be developed later. You might not get a latter....
Lion-o could've been like either bruce wayne or tony stark in the OS.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #462
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
LMAO at the PS3 line!

You could be right but that all goes back to what many fans are taking issue with. The way the explanation was done was moronic and rushed. Cheetara never really got a backstory yet so everything about her past is in the dark. Thus we don't know what her reason or rhyme for wanting to be a cleric comes from. We don't know her situation prior to arriving in the kingdom.

All in all, it was just poorly done scenes and poorly done character development.
This is one of my biggest problems.

The lack of fleshing of cheetara. All we know is she likes flowers and her flashback was with tygra. So she has nothing that is about her with another character being involved.

We get flashbacks of the other characters though.

Last edited by L08e16o; 05-10-2012 at 11:56 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #463
L08e16o
Quote:

Pumyra stayed on third earth, so did tygra. Pumyra was also on an island with Bengali. You know they got to know each other.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #464
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Wait, posts along the lines of: ""Lion-O did more" are silly, degrading and archaic" but posts like "Lion-O got the Sword and Crown so tygra should get Cheetara" aren't? And I've seen plenty of posts along the lines of "Lion-O got the Sword and Crown so Tygra should get Cheetara beacuse that's fair" from you and others who ship Tygra so why the double standard?
it's wasnt suppose to be about fair. It was about the story. Watching Lion-O get everything wouldnt be as much fun. Watching him struggle with something that he like Tygra, wanted but wasnt owed would help add another dimension to his character. Not a comment about how it was written, because I know you don't like that

BB was so long ago, but I doubt I personally used the word fair. I have NEVER flat out said Cheetara has to pick Tygra because Tygra doesnt have a sword. I NEVER said she sould feel obligated because Tygra has nothing.

Last edited by Chique; 05-10-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #465
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Who else here thinks "AnonymousIncognito" IS Nick? He sure is replying a million posts in a row just like him.
He is Nick, lol. Hey Nick no need to refer to yourself in third person, we know its you.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #466
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Pumyra stayed on third earth, so did tygra. Pumyra was also on an island with Bengali. You know they got to know each other.
Tygra was stationed to remain on third earth but was in such a rush to see panthro on thundera that he crashed the feliner hence wilykats "wink wink" moment in that ep . Bengali seems to like small fury thing berbils, snarfer, kit etc so pumyra doesn't really fit his profile and that would leave lynx-o hmmm was he an old coot ?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #467
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Tygra was stationed to remain on third earth but was in such a rush to see panthro on thundera that he crashed the feliner hence wilykats "wink wink" moment in that ep . Bengali seems to like small fury thing berbils, snarfer, kit etc so pumyra doesn't really fit his profile and that would leave lynx-o hmmm was he an old coot ?
Now we know why he lost his sight.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #468
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Shipping often isn't sane. Anyways I haven't seen the Season two and on episodes since they first aired.

I think what really made the idea of a Lion-O/Cheetara ship in the old series was Lion-O's bieng an aged up child, and that Cheetara had been one of his caretakers.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #469
L08e16o
Quote:
Shipping often isn't sane. Anyways I haven't seen the Season two and on episodes since they first aired.

I think what really made the idea of a Lion-O/Cheetara ship in the old series was Lion-O's bieng an aged up child, and that Cheetara had been one of his caretakers.
It was all the little things and them going to thundera.

Ships are crazy.

That is why maybe they should've stayed away from romance.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #470
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I think it would have been for the best if they had no romance. The plot would have moved forward faster.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #471
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
He is Nick, lol. Hey Nick no need to refer to yourself in third person, we know its you.
I have no idea who this nick person is but even if he is nick, so what?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #472
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I have no idea who this nick person is but even if he is nick, so what?
Nick was a guy on facebook who complained about the "triangle"/some other stuff and DN flipped out on him and accused him of harassing the TC staff/crew.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #473
Sining
Thunder Kitty
kay, this concerns this particular forum how? If he's nick, he's nick. If he's not, so what? For all we know on the internetz, he could be obama.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #474
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I agree. Well, the AnonymousIncognito person was making a lot of posts and agreeing/disagreeing with people. So, idk why they thought he was that Nick guy.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #475
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Sounds like some highschool drama to me. Like when a clique gets together to mock someone 'oh, don't you think her hair looks a poodle' 'omg,it totally does, lolololol' etc etc etc -_-
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #476
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:

Oh so very true. I was hoping for a head-to-head in Native Son but all we saw was Tygra's petty and foolish reasons for his hate - no resolution.
FreakinZoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #477
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Nick was a guy on facebook who complained about the "triangle"/some other stuff and DN flipped out on him and accused him of harassing the TC staff/crew.

Wait, what? So a fan complains about what; one part of the show, and DN flips out and accuses the fan of harassment?

I'd expect better from someone like DN....
Old 05-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #478
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
This is one of my biggest problems.

The lack of fleshing of cheetara. All we know is she likes flowers and her flashback was with tygra. So she has nothing that is about her with another character being involved.

We get flashbacks of the other characters though.

You are right. There is nothing that really shows us Cheetara past. And what we see of her present doesn't look all that good.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #479
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
Whether it truly is a love triangle or not is not something I am going to get into but I will say the series would be better without its inclusion.

When the new series was announced I don't think any of us went "I wonder if there will be a love triangle!?" The writers completely missed the field goal with that decision.

You're right. The show would have been much better without it. But, since it was in the puke WS/DC comics and WB is tied in with DC, the leghumping DC alum had to tow the company line. It's more than obvious they are using the comics for reference than anything else.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #480
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:

Hmm, and here I already stated my actual name on this very forum yet you continue to accuse me of being "Nick"

You seem to be an equal mix of pathetic and stupid but then again, it's par for the course with the DN troll squad that patrols the forums to defend his posterior so your lips can continue to enjoy kissing it.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #481
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Sounds like some highschool drama to me. Like when a clique gets together to mock someone 'oh, don't you think her hair looks a poodle' 'omg,it totally does, lolololol' etc etc etc -_-

Thank you for rising above the hate and drama.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #482
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinZoid View Post
You are right. There is nothing that really shows us Cheetara past. And what we see of her present doesn't look all that good.

OH NO! Hey Freak, you better be careful. The troll squad is going to start picking on you if any of your comments mar their brainwashed image of Cheetara or Tygra.

Any comment as such will be met with abusive flames from Chique, Eclipse, Balgus and the rest of the buttkisser brigade so be on your toes.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #483
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
it's wasnt suppose to be about fair. It was about the story. Watching Lion-O get everything wouldnt be as much fun. Watching him struggle with something that he like Tygra, wanted but wasnt owed would help add another dimension to his character. Not a comment about how it was written, because I know you don't like that

BB was so long ago, but I doubt I personally used the word fair. I have NEVER flat out said Cheetara has to pick Tygra because Tygra doesnt have a sword. I NEVER said she sould feel obligated because Tygra has nothing.

And I never said you did. I said I saw comments from you and others along those lines. Which is true.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #484
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
That's a Soap Opera.

And that is exactly what they turned Thundercats into; a tween soap opera.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #485
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Hmm, and here I already stated my actual name on this very forum yet you continue to accuse me of being "Nick"

You seem to be an equal mix of pathetic and stupid but then again, it's par for the course with the DN troll squad that patrols the forums to defend his posterior so your lips can continue to enjoy kissing it.

Who cares WHO you are? All that matters is you have an opinion and you have the right to share it.

I've read a lot of comments by people attacking you simply because they don't "like" what you said.

If this is another forum run by bullies and brats who pick on any who don't agree with them, then they can have it because they aren't fans - they are no better than Mr Burns attack dogs.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #486
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
OH NO! Hey Freak, you better be careful. The troll squad is going to start picking on you if any of your comments mar their brainwashed image of Cheetara or Tygra.

Any comment as such will be met with abusive flames from Chique, Eclipse, Balgus and the rest of the buttkisser brigade so be on your toes.

I am noticing that to be very true. While I won't go so far as to name names, I do notice that as soon as one comes out to attack, they all tend to. And all because others don't agree with their mindset of the show.

The entire group of them strikes me as no better than a gang of grade school bullies.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #487
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
And that is exactly what they turned Thundercats into; a tween soap opera.

LMAO!

Too true. Too true.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #488
L08e16o
Quote:
Who cares WHO you are? All that matters is you have an opinion and you have the right to share it.

I've read a lot of comments by people attacking you simply because they don't "like" what you said.

If this is another forum run by bullies and brats who pick on any who don't agree with them, then they can have it because they aren't fans - they are no better than Mr Burns attack dogs.
This is forum is a lot better than TCats Lair where most of the tygra fans are.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #489
L08e16o
Quote:
Plus people get mad if you want L/C, they say that is sexist. She can choose who she wants, more like who MJ wants.

It is sexist if cheetara can't have a flashback without a male like tygra in it. We have nothing from her that stands alone.

If here defining moment is the flower than that to me is sexist. She needed a male to help her be a cleric. I believe jaga would've chosen cheetara without the flower.

If the OS never existed, MJ would've had tygra as lord of the thundercats.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #490
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Quote:
That is how 80 cartoons were done.

This is a message board or forum. If people want to whine they can.

Isn't the job of the writers to make a good story? If fans complain about say a NBA or NFL team, are you going to tell them to go out there and play? They don't have the same skill level.

After Steelers (fan of) won the SB, Steelers fans were finding something to complain about. It is what it is.

The writers are paid to write a story, we are not. People have a right to complain.

I don't think lion-o worked to win in episode 20. It was over fast IMO.
Yeah, but lately it has somewhat became rampant, that's what really bothers me.

Quote:
I'm sorry but I thought this was the place to come and dicuss things. Do you live in China? In America we have this thing called a Constitution and the first Amendment to it allows us to come to places like this and discuss.

You always have the option to leave.
see above ⇧

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
There's a difference between spotting legitimate flaws in a show and complaining for the sake of complaining (the so-called "right to complain") because things don't conform to your own personal desires. That's just childish.
That's what I meant in the recent posts…

Quote:
By "work" are you referring to moments such as his trial against Panthro?
Yes, like in the trial, he had to overcome a foe with greater physical power.
Quote:
And your right, in the NS he doesn't rely on the magic of the sword, he relies on the spirit stone and "voilá, the foes are gone".
Touché , you got me with the spirit stones…
Quote:
No one said they wanted the SoO to be over powered, just that they would like more involvement with it, more screen time. You can't just erase the fact that most of us grew up with the OS and see the Sword of Omens as one of the most awesome swords in all of science fiction.
Ahh ok, I was thinking of just relying on the power of SoO - you meant more like "Give me sight beyond sight" thing…

Ok, then let's make it different:
we gather all the "flaws" that would make TC2011 better, agree on important things and try to reply on the TC blog of the makers.

Last edited by Thunderian scholar; 05-11-2012 at 08:58 AM..
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #491
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:

One sentence and you judge me to be "pathetic and stupid". Wow....

Ah well, to each his own.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #492
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Yeah, but lately it has somewhat became rampant, that's what really bothers me.

see above ⇧

That's what I meant in the recent posts…

Yes, like in the trial, he had to overcome a foe with greater physical power.

Touché , you got me with the spirit stones…

Ahh ok, I was thinking of just relying on the power of SoO - you meant more like "Give me sight beyond sight" thing…

Ok, then let's make it different:
we gather all the "flaws" that would make TC2011 better, agree on important things and try to reply on the TC blog of the makers.
I know, but it is what it is.

I hate comparing sports forums but they are the worse. When the QB of the Steelers was accused of rape, you should've seen the boards. I have been a Steelers since 5 (Black is my favorite color and the Steelers are black and gold), I had to step away from the board for a good 4 months. Mods were fired, long time poster left for good. It was really ugly!!

There are shows I like and people think they are stupid, they have a right to their opinion.

Just ignore it and respond to the post you like.

We are all fans.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #493
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
All right, at first I thought he was playing a joke on us. Anonymous Incognito is using the same nickname Nick uses in a board at fanfiction.net (you can check it out, no sign up necessary). Here, he has repeated arguments stated by the true Nick there. It's only natural I may think they are the same person, and as I said, I thought he wanted to be called upon it. But of course, it had to be a taunt so he could start the name-calling he's so partial to, as well as flaunt his own clique

Last post on the subject, you all can have as many last words as you want. Flood the boards 'till your hearts soar, gentlemen...!
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #494
Balgus82
Quote:
You're right. The show would have been much better without it. But, since it was in the puke WS/DC comics and WB is tied in with DC, the leghumping DC alum had to tow the company line. It's more than obvious they are using the comics for reference than anything else.
They've said more than once that the comics weren't taken into consideration when writing this show. And Dan has said he hasn't even read them.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #495
Balgus82
Quote:
I am noticing that to be very true. While I won't go so far as to name names, I do notice that as soon as one comes out to attack, they all tend to. And all because others don't agree with their mindset of the show.

The entire group of them strikes me as no better than a gang of grade school bullies.
How are we the bullies? We're just countering his arguments. He's the one calling people buttkissers and pathetic and all manner of other things.

And honestly, I think you and he are the same person. He comes in posts over 60 posts in the same thread in one day trashing people, then when others call him out suddenly you're here to help him and agreeing with every word.

I could be wrong. But *shrugs* just calling it like I see it.

I don't always agree with the people on this forum, but I've always attempted to be respectful. For example L08e16o and I disagree a LOT, but he's always been respectful and admits when others have a point in the argument and says thanks when we site our sources. We're on difference sides of the fence on many occasions but I respect him FAR more than I do you right now (or at least AnonymousIncognito on the off chance you two actually aren't the same person).

Last edited by Balgus82; 05-11-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #496
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
I know, but it is what it is.

I hate comparing sports forums but they are the worse. When the QB of the Steelers was accused of rape, you should've seen the boards. I have been a Steelers since 5 (Black is my favorite color and the Steelers are black and gold), I had to step away from the board for a good 4 months. Mods were fired, long time poster left for good. It was really ugly!!

There are shows I like and people think they are stupid, they have a right to their opinion.

Just ignore it and respond to the post you like.

We are all fans.
We are all fans. Whether we agree or disagree we are all here because of our love for Thundercats and that unites us. I would believe we are all above what happened in that Steelers forum.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #497
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
We are all fans. Whether we agree or disagree we are all here because of our love for Thundercats and that unites us. I would believe we are all above what happened in that Steelers forum.
Well put there. Fans of different ships CAN co-exist and co-exist well, just ask my buddy...lol!

Last edited by fuukonomiko; 05-11-2012 at 04:06 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #498
L08e16o
Quote:
Well put there. Fans of different ships CAN co-exist and co-exist well, just ask my buddy...lol!
Who is your buddy? Don't tell me he has stripes.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #499
L08e16o
Quote:
How are we the bullies? We're just countering his arguments. He's the one calling people buttkissers and pathetic and all manner of other things.

And honestly, I think you and he are the same person. He comes in posts over 60 posts in the same thread in one day trashing people, then when others call him out suddenly you're here to help him and agreeing with every word.

I could be wrong. But *shrugs* just calling it like I see it.

I don't always agree with the people on this forum, but I've always attempted to be respectful. For example L08e16o and I disagree a LOT, but he's always been respectful and admits when others have a point in the argument and says thanks when we site our sources. We're on difference sides of the fence on many occasions but I respect him FAR more than I do you right now (or at least AnonymousIncognito on the off chance you two actually aren't the same person).
Is that good or bad?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #500
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Who is your buddy? Don't tell me he has stripes.
LMAO! Oh he's going to keel over if you even ask him that. He hates Tygra so much he's killed/tortured him more times than I count in his fics, lol. He's a big Lion-O/Cheetara shipper. :P