TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #301
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtulanSama View Post
Ok, I understand you are a Cheetara fan and you don't want to acknowledge her mistakes but what she did is beyond stupid.
I'm a fan of the whole show and all the characters, not just one or two. I just find it distasteful when people here on the forums start calling for Cheetara to be killed or excessively punished.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #302
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Who is to say that Tygra and Cheetarah stay together though? We know that in "Trials" Tygra is forced to take leadership of the group and they decide to go after the sword, while Lion-O would probably have gone after their fallen comrade, just so he could be sure. Tygra is more hard-hearted than his brother and isn't as focused on the bigger picture as Lion-O is and he may end up being too hard on the other Thundercats or unable to take his failures in stride like Lion-O can (since he's won almost everything he wanted). He might not be able to handle criticism as well either since he was always told how wonderful he was. All of this could lead to him snapping at or taking his frustrations out on his teammates when they fail to live up to his expectations, which could damage his relationship with Cheetarah. I'm not saying it will happen or even that I want it to, it's just a possibility based on what we know about the characters and the teasing nature of the show's creators.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #303
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
But you see, the Tygra/Cheetara Defence League will spin it in such a way that it’s always Lion-O fault.

I agree with you. I really wish this ‘love triangle’ was done better, especially since it seems to play such an integral role in the plot. What bothers me is not T/C but rather how it was handled.

Incidentally, when Lion-O was knocked out by Slythe, at first I thought that Slythe actually killed or decapitated Lion-O because it looked like he hit him with the axe attached to his gun!

Yep their are some who will fight for Cheetara's RIGHT to abandon her duty, and doom herself and everyone else to certain death, all in the name " love". The writers should have gone with T/C in the first place if this was what they were going to write, and just made this show a straight forward action/adventure.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #304
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
But you see, the Tygra/Cheetara Defence League will spin it in such a way that it’s always Lion-O fault.

I agree with you. I really wish this ‘love triangle’ was done better, especially since it seems to play such an integral role in the plot. What bothers me is not T/C but rather how it was handled.

Incidentally, when Lion-O was knocked out by Slythe, at first I thought that Slythe actually killed or decapitated Lion-O because it looked like he hit him with the axe attached to his gun!
Agree. Most of those fans are tygra fans.

I agree, they should've done it earlier.

You notice how tygra came up with a plan to escape. I think tygra's heart was never into uniting the animals like his ancestor or reincarnation tygrus. I would think he would've been the master of his whip.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #305
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
I'm a fan of the whole show and all the characters, not just one or two. I just find it distasteful when people here on the forums start calling for Cheetara to be killed or excessively punished.
Who said that?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #306
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Who is to say that Tygra and Cheetarah stay together though? We know that in "Trials" Tygra is forced to take leadership of the group and they decide to go after the sword, while Lion-O would probably have gone after their fallen comrade, just so he could be sure. Tygra is more hard-hearted than his brother and isn't as focused on the bigger picture as Lion-O is and he may end up being too hard on the other Thundercats or unable to take his failures in stride like Lion-O can (since he's won almost everything he wanted). He might not be able to handle criticism as well either since he was always told how wonderful he was. All of this could lead to him snapping at or taking his frustrations out on his teammates when they fail to live up to his expectations, which could damage his relationship with Cheetarah. I'm not saying it will happen or even that I want it to, it's just a possibility based on what we know about the characters and the teasing nature of the show's creators.
Great overview.

My question is, will tygra give up his title back to lion-o? Tygra's true jealousy is the crown.

Lion-o will have to save them from mummra.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #307
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Yep their are some who will fight for Cheetara's RIGHT to abandon her duty, and doom herself and everyone else to certain death, all in the name " love". The writers should have gone with T/C in the first place if this was what they were going to write, and just made this show a straight forward action/adventure.
I agree with this.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #308
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
She is different. I don't don't care what people say. When lion-o was fighting the generals, he was saying stick together from what she said. I don't think he was thinking about cheetara choosing tygra. He thought cheetara had his back. She is a cleric, not his anymore.
Lion-O said "there's still two of us." Meaning he had already accepted that Tygra was done for. If he had thought Tygra would have found a way to get out of it he wouldn't have said that.

He might have said "we have to stick together" but if he was really doing it he wouldn't have written Tygra off like that. Sticking together doesn't mean you just let someone die.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #309
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Great overview.

My question is, will tygra give up his title back to lion-o? Tygra's true jealousy is the crown.

Lion-o will have to save them from mummra.
Tygra may not have a choice. The sword chose Lion-o, in Tygra's own words. It's not likely to allow him to keep it once Lion-o returns. It's doubtful that Tygra vs retain the crown, with Lion-o returning, and the Swords full power only responding to him.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #310
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtulanSama View Post
Ok, I understand you are a Cheetara fan and you don't want to acknowledge her mistakes but what she did is beyond stupid.

With surrendering, Tygra lost all his chance to escape. Remember; HE IS A FULLY TRAINED WARRIOR.

She gave up her weapon(which is a powerful one) to the enemy hands.

She distracted Lion-O(who has the war stone and the spirit stone).

And if panthro hasn't shown up, 3 cats would die a disgraceful(shameful and many things) deaths. For a warrior there is nothing worse than a death like this.(BECAUSE IT IS A COWARDS DEATH)



Lion-O's call was right as a soldier. He knew that enemy would never let them live long enough to think something to escape. He trusted his companions' ability to fihgt and survive but Cheetara gave up, pointing that tygra is weal and lion-o is not capable to buy thygra time for him to escape from his bonds. She proved that she has no confidence in her abilities either.
Speaking of Lion-O having the war stone and the spirit stone, why didn't he actually USE them during the fight? He could've beaten Slithe as fast as he beats Mumm-Ra if he had.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #311
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Lion-O said "there's still two of us." Meaning he had already accepted that Tygra was done for. If he had thought Tygra would have found a way to get out of it he wouldn't have said that.

He might have said "we have to stick together" but if he was really doing it he wouldn't have written Tygra off like that. Sticking together doesn't mean you just let someone die.
They were going to die anyways.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #312
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Lion-O said "there's still two of us." Meaning he had already accepted that Tygra was done for. If he had thought Tygra would have found a way to get out of it he wouldn't have said that.

He might have said "we have to stick together" but if he was really doing it he wouldn't have written Tygra off like that. Sticking together doesn't mean you just let someone die.
I took that to mean that Lion-o meant their was still 2 of them that were free to fight.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #313
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Tygra may not have a choice. The sword chose Lion-o, in Tygra's own words. It's not likely to allow him to keep it once Lion-o returns. It's doubtful that Tygra vs retain the crown, with Lion-o returning, and the Swords full power only responding to him.
I agree, but tygra doesn't have to give it to him. Tygra could say you got your self killed so you don't deserve to have the crown.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #314
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I took that to mean that Lion-o meant their was still 2 of them that were free to fight.
Agree.

Lion-o believes in tygra.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #315
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I agree, but tygra doesn't have to give it to him. Tygra could say you got your self killed so you don't deserve to have the crown.
Well since Lion-o is the one that has to save them, Tygra may not want say that.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #316
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I took that to mean that Lion-o meant their was still 2 of them that were free to fight.
And with Cheetara's new staff she should have been able to take at least 2 of them down on her own. She's a cleric, that's what she's trained to do. She's been fighting for as long as she's been a Cleric.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 03-28-2012 at 03:45 PM..
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #317
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Well since Lion-o is the one that has to save them, Tygra may not want say that.
Who is to say mummra didn't offer tygra a position to rule over 3rd earth?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #318
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
And which Cheetara's staff she should have been able to take at least 2 of them down on her own. She's a cleric, that's what she's trained to do.
Excellent point.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #319
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
They were going to die anyways.
This has been exactly my point the whole time. They would've lost anyway. No matter what Cheetara did or didn't do they would've still lost. So all this talk about "tactical advantages" is irrelevant.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #320
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Tygra may not have a choice. The sword chose Lion-o, in Tygra's own words. It's not likely to allow him to keep it once Lion-o returns. It's doubtful that Tygra vs retain the crown, with Lion-o returning, and the Swords full power only responding to him.
I have a theory that Tygra won't even be able to use the real Sword of Omens in the first place because he wasn't chosen and because Lion-O "never really died." Add in the theory that Lion-O would have gone back to look for him while Tygra went after the sword and there the impression that Tygra isn't "worthy" of the Sword of Omens and will have to choice but to return it to its true master, no matter how much he wants to keep it.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 03-28-2012 at 03:48 PM..
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #321
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Who is to say mummra didn't offer tygra a position to rule over 3rd earth?
Now there's a plot twist. I'm sure Cheetara would have no problem being the evil queen.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #322
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post


I have a theory that Tygra won't even be able to use the real Sword of Omens in the first place because he wasn't chosen and because Lion-O "never really died." Add in the theory that Lion-O would have gone back to look for him while Tygra went after the sword and there the impression that Tygra isn't "worthy" of the Sword of Omens and will have to choice but to return it to its true master, no matter how much he wants to keep it.
Another excellent post.

Do you think lion-o will fight tygra again? He is going to have to beat him at some point.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #323
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
And with Cheetara's new staff she should have been able to take at least 2 of them down on her own. She's a cleric, that's what she's trained to do. She's been fighting for as long as she's been a Cleric.
I think my jaw dropped when Cheetara dropped her staff. I thought for a second she was going to reveal she was working for Mumm-ra all along.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #324
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post


I have a theory that Tygra won't even be able to use the real Sword of Omens in the first place because he wasn't chosen and because Lion-O "never really died." Add in the theory that Lion-O would have gone back to look for him while Tygra went after the sword and there the impression that Tygra isn't "worthy" of the Sword of Omens and will have to choice but to return it to its true master, no matter how much he wants to keep it.
Lion-o's very much dead. Jaga says the stone's giving him another chance, so he has to battle his teammates to get to live.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #325
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Now there's a plot twist. I'm sure Cheetara would have no problem being the evil queen.
Well, mummra will be the priest to marry them in episode 16. Lion-o comes in with a even more shocked face and stops it.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #326
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I took that to mean that Lion-o meant their was still 2 of them that were free to fight.
That's not the way I took it. If they had kept fighting what then? Even if they had won Tygra would've been killed. Do you think for a second Kaynar would've hesitated to do it? And if they had lost they would all be dead anyway and Cheetara's decision wouldn't have mattered in the slightest.

As it stands If Cheetara hadn't stopped fighting Tygra would be dead right now. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #327
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
This has been exactly my point the whole time. They would've lost anyway. No matter what Cheetara did or didn't do they would've still lost. So all this talk about "tactical advantages" is irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
That's not the way I took it. If they had kept fighting what then? Even if they had won Tygra would've been killed. Do you think for a second Kaynar would've hesitated to do it? And if they had lost they would all be dead anyway and Cheetara's decision wouldn't have mattered in the slightest.

As it stands If Cheetara hadn't stopped fighting Tygra would be dead right now. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Exactly, and Balgus82, I commend you for continuing to bring logic to this "discussion". I personally have given up. It's obvious that they aren't going to change their opinions, or truly listen to anything we might say. All it's doing now is giving them more reasons to continue to rant...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #328
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I have a theory that Tygra won't even be able to use the real Sword of Omens in the first place because he wasn't chosen and because Lion-O "never really died." Add in the theory that Lion-O would have gone back to look for him while Tygra went after the sword and there the impression that Tygra isn't "worthy" of the Sword of Omens and will have to choice but to return it to its true master, no matter how much he wants to keep it.
Good theory. I wonder if this would make Tygra more respectful towards Lion-o, or cause more resentment?
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #329
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
That's not the way I took it. If they had kept fighting what then? Even if they had won Tygra would've been killed. Do you think for a second Kaynar would've hesitated to do it? And if they had lost they would all be dead anyway and Cheetara's decision wouldn't have mattered in the slightest.

As it stands If Cheetara hadn't stopped fighting Tygra would be dead right now. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Well tygra got the upper hand on the three of them in episode 15. They were all captured too.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 03:56 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #330
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Ya'll really shouldn't be shouting out episode 15 spoilers in an episode 14 thread btw.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #331
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Well, mummra will be the priest to marry them in episode 16. Lion-o comes in with a even more shocked face and stops it.
Mumm-ra: "Now their journey to the darkside is complete".
Lion-o: "Not so fast Mumm-ra! Sword of Omens, come to my hand!"
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #332
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Another excellent post.

Do you think lion-o will fight tygra again? He is going to have to beat him at some point.
In the second half of the Trials Lion-O will be forced to face his own self-doubt with takes the form of Tygra (although it may morph into his father at some point). Lion-O has spent much of his life being told he's not good enough and that his interests are wrong and he has to prove them wrong. Unlike the other trials with required cunning and could have "work around" solutions this will be the one he has to face head-on and the old-fashioned way. He must defeat his brother and his doubt and prove why the Sword chose him.

He'll come out of it a better person and won't have to defeat the real-life Tygra because upon his return his brother will have gone through his own trials and learned why Lion-O was chosen and the two brothers will finally begin supporting one another.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 03-28-2012 at 04:01 PM..
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #333
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Ya'll really shouldn't be shouting out episode 15 spoilers in an episode 14 thread btw.
Sorry.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #334
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
In the second half of the Trials Lion-O will be forced to face his own self-doubt with takes the form of Tygra (although it may morph into his father at some point). Lion-O has spent much of his life being told he's not good enough and that his interests are wrong and he has to prove them wrong. Unlike the other trials with required cunning and could have "work around" solutions this will be the one he has to face head-on and the old-fashioned way. He must defeat his brother and his doubt and prove why the Sword chose him.

He'll come out of it a better person and won't have to defeat the real-life Tygra because upon his return his brother will have gone through his own trials and learned why Lion-O was chose and the two brothers will finally begin supporting one another.
I think it will morph into his father too.

On book 1 season 2, they have Claudus VA actor's name on it. So I am guessing he is going to be in episode 16.

It is up to tygra. Will he give him the respect he thinks lion-o deserves.

You have some good insight on the episodes. Off topic question on episode 17, you think we will finally learn about tygra's past?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #335
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
In the second half of the Trials Lion-O will be forced to face his own self-doubt with takes the form of Tygra (although it may morph into his father at some point). Lion-O has spent much of his life being told he's not good enough and that his interests are wrong and he has to prove them wrong. Unlike the other trials with required cunning and could have "work around" solutions this will be the one he has to face head-on and the old-fashioned way. He must defeat his brother and his doubt and prove why the Sword chose him.

He'll come out of it a better person and won't have to defeat the real-life Tygra because upon his return his brother will have gone through his own trials and learned why Lion-O was chosen and the two brothers will finally begin supporting one another.
That would be good to see. They have to work out their issues at some point, if this situation doesn't do it , nothing will.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #336
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
I'll try to explain why I support Cheetara's decision the best I can right now.

They were basically given two options. Surrender and Tygra lives, or keep fighting and Tygra dies. One option was an absolute outcome. If they kept fighting Tygra would die.
But If they surrendered they might've been taken prisoner. There really wasn't any way for her to know for an absolute certainty that Slithe would call for them all to be killed anyway.

So she basically had a choice between an outcome that was certain and an outcome that might or might not work in her favor.

So she gambled on the uncertain outcome (where they could've been simply held prisoner) instead of the certain outcome (where Tygra would've definitely died).

And honestly, how do you know that Slithe didn't make his decision to kill them anyway because Lion-O wanted to keep fighting?

Last edited by Balgus82; 03-28-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #337
stac
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
This has been exactly my point the whole time. They would've lost anyway. No matter what Cheetara did or didn't do they would've still lost. So all this talk about "tactical advantages" is irrelevant.
Sorry but no it isn’t.

We know for a fact that once Cheetara surrendered, they would all be executed. However, what would have happened if she had helped Lion-O continue the fight would be speculation – they may or may not have survived.
The point is surrender would have led to a guaranteed and instant death for all three. The only wise tactical move was to continue the fight as it was the only option with a possible positive outcome, which Lion-O got correct.

Battle strategies are often utilitarian – “the maximum good for the maximum number.” Cheetara would have gotten them all killed. Lion-O decision was the best one he could make in a no-win situation.

Why is this so hard to understand? It’s just logic and math. Do I need to analyse this using Game Theory?

Cheetara’s action was nothing more than a symbolic gesture to show her undying devotion to her new boyfriend.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #338
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I think it will morph into his father too.

On book 1 season 2, they have Claudus VA actor's name on it. So I am guessing he is going to be in episode 16.

It is up to tygra. Will he give him the respect he thinks lion-o deserves.

You have some good insight on the episodes. Off topic question on episode 17, you think we will finally learn about tygra's past?
Probably the ceremony in which Lion-O was chosen over him as the next king. This is why he's dressed as a guard in "Between Brothers," He was trying to prove himself better than Lion-O and thus more worthy of the throne.

As for some "dark secret" I don't think there really is one.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #339
KurtulanSama
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Speaking of Lion-O having the war stone and the spirit stone, why didn't he actually USE them during the fight? He could've beaten Slithe as fast as he beats Mumm-Ra if he had.

I don't get that either. Ok, I know they have to lose because thet need to show that Cheetara gives up too damn fast but boy, spirit stone can stop the lizard tank's turret fire, an axe swung by slithe would be no problem.
KurtulanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #340
theking
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 23
Kinda funny on how the original voice actor of Lion-O now plays his father Claudus.
Looking forward to episode 15, I want a break from all the I love you but I hate you at the same time for betraying me (Lion-O and Cheetara), and the all my life I proved I was better than you, why was I not chosen (Tygra) drama that the writers seem to have carved into stone.
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #341
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Sorry but no it isn’t.

We know for a fact that once Cheetara surrendered, they would all be executed. However, what would have happened if she had helped Lion-O continue the fight would be speculation – they may or may not have survived.
The point is surrender would have led to a guaranteed and instant death for all three. The only wise tactical move was to continue the fight as it was the only option with a possible positive outcome, which Lion-O got correct.

Battle strategies are often utilitarian – “the maximum good for the maximum number.” Cheetara would have gotten them all killed. Lion-O decision was the best one he could make in a no-win situation.

Why is this so hard to understand? It’s just logic and math. Do I need to analyse this using Game Theory?

Cheetara’s action was nothing more than a symbolic gesture to show her undying devotion to her new boyfriend.
They weren't guaranteed death for surrendering. We only know that they would've been killed after the fact. They said surrender or he dies which implies that if they surrender he would live. hindsight might be 20/20 but she didn't make her decision with the knowledge that they would try to kill them all anyway.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #342
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtulanSama View Post
I don't get that either. Ok, I know they have to lose because thet need to show that Cheetara gives up too damn fast but boy, spirit stone can stop the lizard tank's turret fire, an axe swung by slithe would be no problem.
The stones/Lion-o's power level only works the way the writer wants it to.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #343
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
The stones/Lion-o's power level only works the way the writer wants it to.
Yep, logic is not these writers strong suit.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #344
stac
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I'll try to explain why I support Cheetara's decision the best I can right now.

They were basically given two options. Surrender and Tygra lives, or keep fighting and Tygra dies. One option was an absolute outcome. If they kept fighting Tygra would die.
But If they surrendered they might've been taken prisoner. There really wasn't any way for her to know for an absolute certainty that Slithe would call for them all to be killed anyway.
We do not know for a fact that Kaynar would have killed Tygra, even though it may have been very likely.

Cheetara did surrender and Lion-O was knocked out. They could have been taken prisoner then but were not. They were to be executed immediately.


Quote:
So she basically had a choice between an outcome that was certain and an outcome that might or might not work in her favor.
Even if we assume that Tygra's death was certain, her surrender did nothing to delay or prevent it!

Quote:
So she gambled on the uncertain outcome (where they could've been simply held prisoner) instead of the certain outcome (where Tygra would've definitely died).

And honestly, how do you know that Slithe didn't make his decision to kill them anyway because Lion-O wanted to keep fighting?
Slythe has constantly made his desire to kill the ThunderCats well known, for example, in the Song of the Petalars. Moreover, why did he bring in the new Generals?

Either way, what Slythe might have done is speculation.

There is too much speculation for your argument to work. Deal only with the information you know for certain.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #345
KurtulanSama
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
They weren't guaranteed death for surrendering. We only know that they would've been killed after the fact. They said surrender or he dies which implies that if they surrender he would live. hindsight might be 20/20 but she didn't make her decision with the knowledge that they would try to kill them all anyway.
"Surrender or he dies." this doesn't imply that they would let him live. This only means that these guys will keep tygra alive until cats decide.
KurtulanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #346
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
We do not know for a fact that Kaynar would have killed Tygra, even though it may have been very likely.

Cheetara did surrender and Lion-O was knocked out. They could have been taken prisoner then but were not. They were to be executed immediately.




Even if we assume that Tygra's death was certain, her surrender did nothing to delay or prevent it!



Slythe has constantly made his desire to kill the ThunderCats well known, for example, in the Song of the Petalars. Moreover, why did he bring in the new Generals?

Either way, what Slythe might have done is speculation.

There is too much speculation for your argument to work. Deal only with the information you know for certain.
Your argument that they would've all died anyway only holds credit with the knowledge that came after she had already made her decision.

You have to think of what she knew when she made the decision. She didn't know they would all be killed anyway. They were given the choice to either surrender or let Tygra die, so she surrendered.

Slithe certainly never said "Surrender and you'll all die."
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #347
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtulanSama View Post
"Surrender or he dies." this doesn't imply that they would let him live. This only means that these guys will keep tygra alive until cats decide.
I completely disagree with that. "Surrender or he dies." Meaning he dies if you don't surrender. So logic dictates that the reverse should be true as well. If you surrender he won't die.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #348
KurtulanSama
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Your argument that they would've all died anyway only holds credit with the knowledge that came after she had already made her decision.

You have to think of what she knew when she made the decision. She didn't know they would all be killed anyway. They were given the choice to either surrender or let Tygra die, so she surrendered.

Slithe certainly never said "Surrender and you'll all die."
This is actually knowing about the enemy. In this kind of situation you act based on your information. If you don't have any, act on the worst possible outcome.

The only info they had about the enemy that Slithe wanted them dead. I would play on that. The only cat that could leave as a prisoner was cheetara(to lift the guarding magic on sword). Presuming otherwise is naivity.

Edit: You think with an honest person's mind. Twist your logic. This was something they did to make cats surrender. Can you think of any reason why they should let cats live? I will accept any logical reasoning.

Last edited by KurtulanSama; 03-28-2012 at 04:41 PM..
KurtulanSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #349
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Probably the ceremony in which Lion-O was chosen over him as the next king. This is why he's dressed as a guard in "Between Brothers," He was trying to prove himself better than Lion-O and thus more worthy of the throne.

As for some "dark secret" I don't think there really is one.
Sorry, I meant do you think we will find out about his past like he is the native son?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #350
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
The stones/Lion-o's power level only works the way the writer wants it to.
So true!!
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thundercats Episode 1 & 2 Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 190 11-27-2011 02:22 AM
Thundercats Episode 9 - Berbils Discussion Thread Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 71 11-27-2011 02:16 AM
Thundercats Episode 7 - Legacy Discussion Tony_Bacala Thundercats Cartoons 122 11-27-2011 02:03 AM
Thundercats Episode 5 - Old Friends Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 79 08-24-2011 07:06 PM
Thundercats Episode 3 Ramlak Rising Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 66 08-09-2011 06:21 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS