TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Well I know its inevitable that younger thundercats fans will be more inclined to buy the new liono or if there old school fans the collectors edition liono.

So that means my near mint complete liono and snarf while they look great on my shelf and I thought was a steal at 25 dollars will probably see some depreciation in value.

However alot of characters who only made one or two appearances in the show where residents of third earth which is not in the new series or had little relevance to overall continuity, so they probably will not see the light of day again.

What do you guys think of this, Im sure all of us with vintage collections have some of these characters.

I have a couple berserkers hammerhand and cruncher. I also have mongor, the snowman of hook mountain. There not complete but they are popular amongst collectors and if they do not see reissue should gain popularity.
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
IMO your collecting for the wrong reasons. No disrespect intended.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I can see why you would think that from my post but in all honesty I have no intrest in reselling any of my thundercats.

I bought that new liono because the sword of omens and claw shield are very important to not just liono but all thundercats.

Belive me most of my vintage thundercats figures are incomplete but I bought them because I like them and wanted them in my collection. Even the brand new bandai thundertank got removed from its packaging and placed beside my original.

It is a scholars intrest that makes me wonder about the fate of some of the members of third earth society
Old 08-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Got ya I guess the best answer I can give you then is probably the ones that were rare to begin with.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
thatboywhite
Thunder Kitty
if you picked up a mint on card lion-o with snarf for $25 that is an insane deal, congrats!

i've been on an ebay binge for 6 months now and from what I can gather all vintage figures, loose or complete are gaining value, especially:

any of the berserkers
any of the companions (berbils, snarf, maa-mutt, kit and kat)
ben gali
lynx-o
pumyra
jaga
mongor
captain crackers
captain shiner
safari joe
driller - extremely expensive, busted up loose versions are going for $100+
thatboywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
Oh no that was a loose piece thats why i mentioned complete I have a couple berserkers unforunatly hammerand is missing his purple tubes there but he is still awesome along with cruncher, two of my favorites actually.

Maa mutt i have complete with black chain and mint shape. i actually got him because i think he is cool not because of his value I just really love this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboywhite View Post
if you picked up a mint on card lion-o with snarf for $25 that is an insane deal, congrats!

i've been on an ebay binge for 6 months now and from what I can gather all vintage figures, loose or complete are gaining value, especially:

any of the berserkers
any of the companions (berbils, snarf, maa-mutt, kit and kat)
ben gali
lynx-o
pumyra
jaga
mongor
captain crackers
captain shiner
safari joe
driller - extremely expensive, busted up loose versions are going for $100+
Old 08-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
thatboywhite
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
Maa mutt i have complete with black chain and mint shape. i actually got him because i think he is cool not because of his value I just really love this guy.
I just got my Maa-Mutt yesteray, he is the coolest looking figure in my opinion. They really went all out on his detail and he looks mean. Mine is missing the chain link, but that's how I managed to pick it up for under $12, which is still too much but he was the last piece I needed to make my collection match :P
thatboywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
dollman ron
Disabled and handling it.
IF you're looking for the whole set, this is what you've got to look toward to.

Have Snowman and Snowmeow, just not in the picture.

Was in my early Twenties and married when these were coming out, bought many of them before We even paid our bills.
dollman ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
wow....you could nearly buy a new car with all that. nice collection!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
Your wife must have wanted to kill you in your sleep on multiple occasions. lol

At least it turned out to be a good investment
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 AM   #11
dollman ron
Disabled and handling it.
Investment? It would have to be life or death, or going into the poor house before I would part with them. I’ve already told my wife and kids (who are grown) that when I’m gone they better keep the set together no matter what they do with it.
dollman ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
Wilykat
Thunder Kitty
i hope we get to see some of those play sets for this line.
Wilykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
shimey013
Thunder Kitty
It's a shame i was 5 years old when these came out... I have cat's lair somewhere, i dunno what else i have...i may have to go dig in my moms house to see if i can find what i have...
shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #14
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
I'm selling mine. I lost a lot somehow. Gonna sell all my he-man too. Funny thing is out of all my sets he-man silverhawks ninja turtles thundercats is the only one I still have any attachment too. I was thinking about using the money on a sick sword of omens for the wall. Something that would be in the living room that looks cleaner more adult to me but still brings back memories of the thundercats. Possibly a sword of omens sheathed in the claw. If only I could find replicas of panthros chucks is put them up to.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote