TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
NateHups
Thunder Kitty
In the show he was on mumm ra’s side and on the native sons episodes they talk about how the tigers stuck with mumm ra. the toy on the other hand comes in tcats symbol packaging and has a cat symbol on his chest. So what do you think is Tygus good or bad?
NateHups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Tygus worked for Mumm-Ra therefore he was bad. The Tigers never revolted against Mumm-Ra's rule. Whoever designed the toy had no idea who's side Tygus was on and figured since he was a cat he should wear the Thundercats logo. Remember Grune also came with a TCats logo at first until they corrected the error.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I don't really think he can really be classified as good or bad. We actually don't know much at all about him. We do know that the Tigers stayed loyal to Mumm-Ra after the revolt. Maybe they didn't believe that he could be defeated so easily, and didn't think he would be trapped for long in his tomb. They did work for Mumm-Ra, as did all the other cats, but they could have felt powerless against him, and chose to work for him rather than be slaves. There's really a lot about that whole situation we don't know about for sure.

If I had to say one or the other, I would say good, but mislead and fearful of Mumm-Ra's wrath. As powerful as old Mummsy was, I can imagine the Tigers thought he could be back in-action at any time, and can't really blame them for not wanting to act against him. We also don't exactly know Tygus's role in all of this. For all we know, he might have even been mislead by his fellow Tigers.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
If I had to guess I'd say he was bad as they not only served mumm-ra but also the ancient spirit of evil
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Agree with Big Snarf. Misguided or not the fact is they stayed loyal to Mumm-Ra and the ASOE when they didn't have to.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Unfortunately, Bad. I'm disappointed at that. I feel kind of like they only did that to give Tygra a growth episode. When they could have maybe done a different approach with it, and still kept the ending about the same.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
He's a tweener. Neither bad nor good. He remained that way until joining the foot clan years later. Then he was a total bad ass.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I think all the thundercats were bad until Leo and Panthera changed that.

I think the tigers pride got in their way of changing sides. They remained loyal to mummra and ASoE, they were bad.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Tygus was one of my favorite characters in the 2011 series. I would have really liked to see if the writers had anything more planned for him had the show had an opportunity to run its course.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote