TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #151
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I dsagree. He said he lost the two things he cherished most, Mother and Crown.

The AP was brining up these emotions that were buried. Just like he memories of tygra making lion-o fall in the pit. These were all emotions that tygra really feels.
It doesn't really matter if you disagree, it doesn't make you right. Thanks to the introduction of the mother, we now simply will never know who Tygra was talking about there unless they confirm it.

Until this episode everyone thought it was Cheetara, now there's a strong argument that it was the mom, but we have no idea. There is nothing pushing it either way other than your personal opinion.

That said, making it the mom he was talking about may seem logical in hindsight, but in reality if you watch the show in order that would lack any emotional weight. At the time we had no knowledge of their mother, to suddenly bring her up with no context or explanation (or way of knowing it wasn't Cheetara he was talking about) would be (I'm tired of this point) bad writing. The scene there only carries weight at that point in the show if its Cheetara.

That said, I'm not saying it IS Cheetara, I'm saying we can no longer prove either.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #152
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
It's more of a precautionary measure since they know the new generals are apparently out to get them and are capable of doing so. I would at least have expected them to stick together for safety. Or you know, at least have the cleric accompany them since both of them are the last of the royal line, which clerics are in charge of protecting -_- Would be kind of hard to protect them if she's not around. At least none of them mentioned the dreaded 'hey, this seems like it would be a good spot for an ambush' line

Btw, they never explained why Tygra can do the invisibility thing. Is that something given to Tigers, some tigers or is it just Tygra alone?
It's one of those times where you have to forgive it for the sake of the story. If they had added Cheetara into the mix, they would have had to dedicate time to the affect it would have on their relationship. It would be odd to have her standing right there, while Tygra decides to stay with the Tiger clan. Heck, it was odd to not bring her up without her being in the episode . We already had a lot going on this episode, adding her probably would have just added to the rushed feeling many of us felt. It's hard to keep track of so many characters and develop a smooth story in 22 minuets. That's why team shows usually like to break the cast up into different combinations often.

While it could have been nice to have her there, it's easy to see why they chose not to.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #153
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
The Crew Of Omens blog confirmed that some cats were killed in the fall of Thundera, others were either taken as slaves or fled into the mountains to hide, so there's still plenty left. It's just a matter of finding them all, and right now that's not the priority.
I think if they rebuild Thunderia, they will come to them.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #154
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
The Crew Of Omens blog confirmed that some cats were killed in the fall of Thundera, others were either taken as slaves or fled into the mountains to hide, so there's still plenty left. It's just a matter of finding them all, and right now that's not the priority.
Okay, that's basically what I figured since that's essentially what they did in the original show.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #155
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
It doesn't really matter if you disagree, it doesn't make you right. Thanks to the introduction of the mother, we now simply will never know who Tygra was talking about there unless they confirm it.

Until this episode everyone thought it was Cheetara, now there's a strong argument that it was the mom, but we have no idea. There is nothing pushing it either way other than your personal opinion.

That said, making it the mom he was talking about may seem logical in hindsight, but in reality if you watch the show in order that would lack any emotional weight. At the time we had no knowledge of their mother, to suddenly bring her up with no context or explanation (or way of knowing it wasn't Cheetara he was talking about) would be (I'm tired of this point) bad writing. The scene there only carries weight at that point in the show if its Cheetara.

That said, I'm not saying it IS Cheetara, I'm saying we can no longer prove either.
We didn't know the full story of why tygra resented lion-o. Now we know.

Somethings are explained later.

We didn't know how lion-o's mother died. Now we do.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #156
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
It's one of those times where you have to forgive it for the sake of the story. If they had added Cheetara into the mix, they would have had to dedicate time to the affect it would have on their relationship. It would be odd to have her standing right there, while Tygra decides to stay with the Tiger clan. Heck, it was odd to not bring her up without her being in the episode . We already had a lot going on this episode, adding her probably would have just added to the rushed feeling many of us felt. It's hard to keep track of so many characters and develop a smooth story in 22 minuets. That's why team shows usually like to break the cast up into different combinations often.

While it could have been nice to have her there, it's easy to see why they chose not to.
This I agree with. I do think this is a show that needs to learn some subtlety, but this is a perfect example of where I do forgive them in the name of a good plot, because it WAS a good plot.

The problem with some of their earlier oversights in Season Two is that they DIDN'T lead to a good plot. Here it did.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #157
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
We didn't know the full story of why tygra resented lion-o. Now we know.

Somethings are explained later.

We didn't know how lion-o's mother died. Now we do.
Which does not make it true, it just makes it a possibility. Until we get some confirmation, which we are unlikely to get, there's just no way of knowing anymore. The scene makes perfectly good sense in either case. Therefore it's not really necessary to explain because it adds nothing.

It's the sort of thing someone will ask them at a con sometime and we might get an answer but it won't matter. Believe he was talking about whichever you want, there's no proof. I still think, in light of the context of the episode it happened in, it was Cheetara, but if it was his mom it's not really that different.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #158
L08e16o
Quote:
Which does not make it true, it just makes it a possibility. Until we get some confirmation, which we are unlikely to get, there's just no way of knowing anymore. The scene makes perfectly good sense in either case. Therefore it's not really necessary to explain because it adds nothing.

It's the sort of thing someone will ask them at a con sometime and we might get an answer but it won't matter. Believe he was talking about whichever you want, there's no proof. I still think, in light of the context of the episode it happened in, it was Cheetara, but if it was his mom it's not really that different.
Yes it is, it explains that tygra blames lion-o for her death and it is not only the crown that he resents him for.

It makes tygra's feelings more complex than being mad that he lost his girlfriend.

I like characters having depth. This adds more layers to tygra.

Also we could say the writers are doing plot convenience.

I think this episode was to show what is the core issue with tygra and him dealing with it. It seems he healed from this episode.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-15-2012 at 09:57 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #159
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Regarding the second half of your post.

I'm going to assume the Tank has issues with snow. Otherwise, why brave that weather on your feet? Maybe the tank was low on fuel? Scouting a trail was just a convenient excuse to get the brothers alone. Which, I don't see the huge issue with
If next week's episode takes place during Native Son, as it's been hinted somewhere, we might get these questions answered.

Or not.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #160
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
If next week's episode takes place during Native Son, as it's been hinted somewhere, we might get these questions answered.

Or not.
Good one.

That would explain why kit and kat are on their own.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #161
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Yes it is, it explains that tygra blames lion-o for her death and it is not only the crown that he resents him for.

It makes tygra's feelings more complex than being mad that he lost his girlfriend.

I like characters having depth. This adds more layers to tygra.
You liking something does not make it true, it's still just your personal opinion. More than that, it is your opinion that it makes him a better character.

Being mad at lion-o about the crown is semi-reasonable given the idea that Lion-o actively chose to be a somewhat lazy prince; being mad at him about their mom is ridiculous. Lion-o had NO way of controlling that (I am aware people ARE sometimes ridiculous, I'm just saying it doesn't make Tygra more reasonable).

And for people that truly feel love or strong infatuation, having the woman you like go for your brother IS a perfectly good justification for resenting him.

Again, I'm not saying it can't be his mom, we just have no way of knowing. And these new layers to Tygra's character do not disappear if he was talking about Cheetara in the AP. Tygra can certainly resent Lion-o for potentially 'taking' both of those women.

But that isn't why I'm fighting, I actually like that theory. The reason I first brought this up is that I saw several posts from you and others 'explaining' that now we know it was the mom he was talking about and it bugged me.

It's a good theory, but it's just a theory. I don't like it when random fans on a message board act like their theory is the definite truth.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-15-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #162
L08e16o
Quote:
You liking something does not make it true, it's still just your personal opinion. More than that, it is your opinion that it makes him a better character.

Being mad at lion-o about the crown is semi-reasonable given the idea that Lion-o actively chose to be a somewhat lazy prince; being mad at him about their mom is ridiculous. Lion-o had NO way of controlling that (I am aware people ARE sometimes ridiculous, I'm just saying it doesn't make Tygra more reasonable).

And for people that truly feel love or strong infatuation, having the woman you like go for your brother IS a perfectly good justification for resenting him.

Again, I'm not saying it can't be his mom, we just have no way of knowing. And these new layers to Tygra's character do not disappear if he was talking about Cheetara in the AP. Tygra can certainly resent Lion-o for potentially 'taking' both of those women.
We will have to disagree.

Not taking tygra's side, just saying what drives him. He said he lost the two things he cherished, mom and crown.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #163
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
We will have to disagree.

Not taking tygra's side, just saying what drives him. He said he lost the two things he cherished, mom and crown.
And if he actually HAD lost Cheetara, I'm sure she'd be on the list too.

But yeah, I'm not that mad about this, I just think it's impolite to treat an opinion like fact.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #164
L08e16o
Quote:

But that isn't why I'm fighting, I actually like that theory. The reason I first brought this up is that I saw several posts from you and others 'explaining' that now we know it was the mom he was talking about and it bugged me.

It's a good theory, but it's just a theory. I don't like it when random fans on a message board act like their theory is the definite truth.
Then why have a message board??
Old 04-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #165
L08e16o
Quote:
And if he actually HAD lost Cheetara, I'm sure she'd be on the list too.

But yeah, I'm not that mad about this, I just think it's impolite to treat an opinion like fact.

We are looking at the core of tygra. This core was developed way before cheetara entered the picture.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-15-2012 at 10:18 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #166
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Then why have a message board??
Quote:
WTF. Are you mad the writers didn't have tygra bring up cheetara??
I don't really get your point. Are you saying a person cannot state an opinion without acting like they're 100% right? Because I'm pretty sure that you can say something like 'I think he was talking about his mom" or 'maybe he wasn't talking about Cheetara. I think it's rude to just say it IS such and such.

And no I'm not mad they didn't bring up Cheetara, I was responding to your point about him saying he lost two things, mom and crown, and just pointing out his list might be different if Cheetara had picked Lion-o. In a what if scenario, Tygra would currently be VERY resentful of Lion-o. But she didn't, so Tygra's focusing on past things since he doesn't have modern ones.

My point is what he resents Lion-o for can change moment to moment.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-15-2012 at 10:25 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #167
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
We are looking at the core of tygra. This core was developed way before cheetara entered the picture.
And you don't think that his core, and his reasons for resenting his brother, would have changed if the girl he's liked since he was nine or so chose to go out with his brother instead of him?

Tygra's whole character would have been altered by that.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #168
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't really get your point. Are you saying a person cannot state an opinion without acting like they're 100% right? Because I'm pretty sure that you can say something like 'I think he was talking about his mom" or 'maybe he wasn't talking about Cheetara. I think it's rude to just say it IS such and such.

And no I'm not mad they didn't bring up Cheetara, I was responding to your point about him saying he lost two things, mom and crown, and just pointing out his list might be different if Cheetara had picked Lion-o. In a what if scenarion, Tygra would currently be VERY resentful of Lion-o. But she didn't, so Tygra's focusing on past things since he doesn't have modern ones.

My point is what he resents Lion-o for can change moment to moment.
I think it's stupid to said it is rude, if it is a opinion. This is a message board.

I don't think cheetara would've came up, even if she picked lion-o. These two things made such a impacted on tygra's life that it has define who he was.

I think tygra has moved on from the person he was. He will be different and act like the big brother he was suppose to be.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #169
L08e16o
Quote:
And you don't think that his core, and his reasons for resenting his brother, would have changed if the girl he's liked since he was nine or so chose to go out with his brother instead of him?

Tygra's whole character would have been altered by that.
No. He would still be the same. The early childhood moments have already made him. That is his core.

He would've chalked up to one other thing he didn't deserve, like he said. When he got cheetara, tygra didn't changed did he. He needed for lion-o to die, so he could see what lion-o went through. He also needed episode 17 and who was right beside him, lion-o.

This is why they needed to be together in this episode. We saw how tygra become the person he is today and was able to beat his clan curse, pride.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-15-2012 at 10:40 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #170
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I think it's stupid to said it is rude, if it is a opinion. This is a message board.

I don't think cheetara would've came up, even if she picked lion-o. These two things made such a impacted on tygra's life that it has define who he was.

I think tygra has moved on from the person he was. He will be different and act like the big brother he was suppose to be.
I didn't say the opinion was rude, I said the way you said it was rude. And yes you can be rude on a message board.

We're arguing about two things here. You're talking about this episode where I agree that Cheetara had no real need to be mentioned, and the original point was about who Tygra was talking about in Episode 13. You're saying that this episode makes it apparent it was their mom, and I'm saying nothing in this episode makes that necessarily true, it's just a theory.

And I agree that this episode was a good growth episode for Tygra, but nothing in that changes who he may or may not have been talking about in the AP.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #171
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
No. He would still be the same. The early childhood moments have already made him. That is his core.

He would've chalked up to one other thing he didn't deserve, like he said. When he got cheetara, tygra didn't changed did he. He needed for lion-o to die, so he could see what lion-o went through. He also needed episode 17 and who was right beside him, lion-o.

This is why they needed to be together in this episode. We saw how tygra become the person he is today and was able to beat his clan curse, pride.
If by 'same' you mean he wouldn't like his brother, then yes he would still be the same, but modern events DO affect the way people behave.

Your childhood does not dictate your personality every step of the way for the rest of your life. It's important, sure, but important enough events, and sheer will, can cause changes.

But really, what are we even arguing here? All I said was you don't know for sure that Tygra was talking about their mom in episode 13. There's no proof. Good theory; still no proof.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #172
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Just realised in this episode, Tygra's a total mom-con. Or mother's boy.

As for Lion-O, I mentioned before in another thread that Lion-O has other things other than the kingship he's interested while Tygra is pretty much just interested in the kingship(apparently since the young tender age of 3). In other words, Tygra is one of those who live for the job while Lion-O has hobbies on the side.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #173
L08e16o
Quote:
I didn't say the opinion was rude, I said the way you said it was rude. And yes you can be rude on a message board.

We're arguing about two things here. You're talking about this episode where I agree that Cheetara had no real need to be mentioned, and the original point was about who Tygra was talking about in Episode 13. You're saying that this episode makes it apparent it was their mom, and I'm saying nothing in this episode makes that necessarily true, it's just a theory.

And I agree that this episode was a good growth episode for Tygra, but nothing in that changes who he may or may not have been talking about in the AP.
And how is that rude???

IMO, he meant his mother. Is that better?

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-16-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #174
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
And how is that rude???

IMO, he meant his mother. It that better?
Yes, basically. I just pointed out that it didn't have to be his mom, it could still easily be Cheetara, and you argued. My point is there's no real evidence either way; or I guess you could say there is basically equal evidence both ways and the evidence is circumstantial. This argument got bigger than I intended, I was just trying to point out that we can't be sure.

And it wasn't just you, I looked at some episode reviews on some other sites and saw other people say 'oh, that means it was his mom he was talking about' and it bugged me. It's just an assumption.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-15-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #175
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Not reading all the feedback, don't really care.

To be honest, I nodded off. Re-watching what I slept through, I found this to be a pointless story. It wasn't as outright terrible as it's been since episode 7, but it was extremely boring. Not sure which is worse really, since at least when it's terrible, there's something to discuss.

This new series is circling the drain for me, big time.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 AM   #176
RazorclawX
Campaign Oracle
Quote:
And it wasn't just you, I looked at some episode reviews on some other sites and saw other people say 'oh, that means it was his mom he was talking about' and it bugged me. It's just an assumption.
Maybe that's a sign that you should just let it go. It's not worth arguing over.
RazorclawX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #177
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorclawX View Post
Maybe that's a sign that you should just let it go. It's not worth arguing over.
And see, that's where I do agree with L08e16o. What is the point of a message board if not arguing over inane things? I will admit I sort of lost sight of what I was arguing in the middle of that, but I still stand by my first, fairly simple point. And that is just that we have no proof to suddenly decide that Tygra was talking about their mom all along. He may very well have been talking about Cheetara, generally speaking the most obvious answer is often the correct answer.

But I wasn't trying to make a long argument out of it.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #178
merlin
wizard
tryga 's grandpa work for mummra in one eps of new thundercats
tryga 's father is alive
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #179
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
tryga 's grandpa work for mummra in one eps of new thundercats
tryga 's father is alive
???

Tygrus was an ancestor.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #180
Balgus82
Quote:
I don't think that's true though. According to you, he's 2-3 yrs older than Lion-O which means he was 2-3 years old when Lion-O was born and when that particular flashback took place. IF he was told the story, I don't think it would have been in such detail that they would mention 'oh hey, btw, your mother? She didn't call you prince starting from then' It's probably something he remembered.
He says In the episode that he wasn't told the story until later. We're watching flashbacks, but that doesn't mean every single detail we see is something he's describing in the story.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #181
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Not to sound pushy/impatient, but is there any word to be had on screen-caps for this episode?
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #182
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Not to sound pushy/impatient, but is there any word to be had on screen-caps for this episode?
The 720p TVrip just came out on demonoid this morning.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #183
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Ep 17 Native Son Review

Caps will be up later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #184
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
He says In the episode that he wasn't told the story until later. We're watching flashbacks, but that doesn't mean every single detail we see is something he's describing in the story.
Look at the scene where the queen tells Tygra they're going to have a cub. Only the king, queen and Tygra are there. Who's going to tell him in their retelling of that scene that 'oh, the queen didn't call you prince at that moment'? Claudus? I don't think so. The only one to whom that scene has importance is Tygra and that's why that particular scene at least has to be his own memory. That and the death. The previous scenes where he was a baby was probably retold to him.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #185
Balgus82
Quote:
Look at the scene where the queen tells Tygra they're going to have a cub. Only the king, queen and Tygra are there. Who's going to tell him in their retelling of that scene that 'oh, the queen didn't call you prince at that moment'? Claudus? I don't think so. The only one to whom that scene has importance is Tygra and that's why that particular scene at least has to be his own memory. That and the death. The previous scenes where he was a baby was probably retold to him.
again. Just because we're watching a flashback while a character tells a story doesn't mean he's describing every single thing in the flashback. We're seeing what happened as it happened not necessarily how he's telling it.

He's not going to sit there and give a word for word description of everything that was said and done. Do you think he's standing there next to Javan going "and then Father said this. but then Mother said that. and then Father said this. Btw Mother had red hair and a crown of jewels on her head and I was playing next to a toybox that had a mumm-ra doll."

When relaying a story like that you're going to generalize or simplify things. You're not going to have a script to hand them. And as I've said before he was only 2 or 3 years old when this happened. He's not going to remember it clearly if at all and he definitely wouldn't remember exactly what someone said word for word.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-16-2012 at 10:41 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #186
Sining
Thunder Kitty
then you're saying that tygra doesn't remember the scene at all, or doesn't remember his mother's death very clearly. That kind of makes the entire scene lose its importance and weight since he then clearly mentions "That was the day I lost the things etc etc etc"

And yes, I agree that when you're relaying a story, you're going to generalise things. Which is why I stress the fact that NO ONE but Tygra would have bothered to remember that his mother didn't call him prince that time. Claudus certainly wouldn't have bothered to mention it since he would also have generalised things. Unless you're saying Tygra doesn't remember his mom not calling him prince, at which point a lot of people's argument that 'oh, this is why Tygra is so resentful of Lion-O' doesn't make sense.

Hence why I believe that Tygra's flashback of that scene and his mother's death are his actual memories, despite him being only 2-3 years old at that time. And as a result, his desire for the kingdom is true as well.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #187
nickanu
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Look at the title of the last episodes. What lies above. That stone will be the last one.

Remember they went to mummra's lair, that was probably really far away. So there might be another stone closer.
Mummra's lair couldn't of been that far considering Lion-o had to get there and save the others all before sunrise....

I think this episode was meant to air earlier in the series....don't get me wrong I like the ep.....I just got the feeling it was out of place...
nickanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #188
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickanu View Post
Mummra's lair couldn't of been that far considering Lion-o had to get there and save the others all before sunrise....

I think this episode was meant to air earlier in the series....don't get me wrong I like the ep.....I just got the feeling it was out of place...
We had to get to lion-o becoming the King he is meant to be. After it was finished, then they could start fleshing out the other characters. Lion-o is able to deal with his brother better than he would before his death.

Look at all the areas he ran through. Remember she did ten markers.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #189
Balgus82
Quote:
then you're saying that tygra doesn't remember the scene at all, or doesn't remember his mother's death very clearly. That kind of makes the entire scene lose its importance and weight since he then clearly mentions "That was the day I lost the things etc etc etc"

And yes, I agree that when you're relaying a story, you're going to generalise things. Which is why I stress the fact that NO ONE but Tygra would have bothered to remember that his mother didn't call him prince that time. Claudus certainly wouldn't have bothered to mention it since he would also have generalised things. Unless you're saying Tygra doesn't remember his mom not calling him prince, at which point a lot of people's argument that 'oh, this is why Tygra is so resentful of Lion-O' doesn't make sense.

Hence why I believe that Tygra's flashback of that scene and his mother's death are his actual memories, despite him being only 2-3 years old at that time. And as a result, his desire for the kingdom is true as well.
I'm saying he probably doesn't remember it nearly as clearly as the flashback was. He might remember bits and pieces and how he felt at the time, but I don't think he would remember exact words that were said. Do you remember things your parents told you when you were 3? Exact words and not paraphrasing? Personally I can't remember much of anything before I was 5. just brief flashes. Unless he just has an eidetic memory or something I just can't see it. I wouldn't even think he would clearly remember what she looked like unless there were paintings of her around the Lair.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-17-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #190
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Little late to the party, but I'm here. Just caught the new episode, and it was great. I like that since Lion-O's trials have finished, it now seems time for Tygra to do some growing up. I really liked that he still asserted that Claudus was his father despite meeting his real one. I.E. Claudus is the dude that raised him, and Javen is just his biological dad. I like that Tygra still has so much respect for Claudus.
It seems like Lion-O and Tygra are bonding more now, and that's good to see. It feels like at some point they're going to be on the same level that Lion-O and Tygra were in the original series, where they have total faith and trust in each other. Anyway, short review. Bottom line- good episode, and I liked it a lot.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #191
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 17 Native Son HD Screen Caps

Sorry for the delay folks. Enjoy!
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #192
Bill923
Thunder Kitty
We now have flash backs for all the Thundercats, with exception to Wily-kit, and Wily-Kat. I can't wait to see how their past (however recent) merges into the current story. Tygra now has his tri-sphered whip as a nice homage to the orginal, along with an appearance by the Ancient spirits. I loved the episode. The theme of the Power of forgiveness was excellent.
Bill923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #193
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Thundercats Episode 17 Native Son HD Screen Caps

Sorry for the delay folks. Enjoy!
Thanks for the screen caps. As for the delay, no need to apologize.

Looks like I'll be making a new background here soon, lol...

Edit: I didn't notice this till just now, but the band Tygra wears around his right wrist was something his father sent with him in the basket. That's kinda cool.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 04-17-2012 at 06:55 PM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #194
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Edit: I didn't notice this till just now, but the band Tygra wears around his right wrist was something his father sent with him in the basket. That's kinda cool.
Good observation. It also appears to reflect the design of the new bolo whip.

I also noticed Javon was wearing it in the flashback, before Tygra was sent away in the balloon.

Last edited by CreepySariFan; 04-17-2012 at 07:14 PM..
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #195
Balgus82
I noticed that Javan was wearing it in the flashback too and that he wasn't wearing it in the present. So that's his father's bracelet.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #196
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I'm saying he probably doesn't remember it nearly as clearly as the flashback was. He might remember bits and pieces and how he felt at the time, but I don't think he would remember exact words that were said. Do you remember things your parents told you when you were 3? Exact words and not paraphrasing? Personally I can't remember much of anything before I was 5. just brief flashes. Unless he just has an eidetic memory or something I just can't see it. I wouldn't even think he would clearly remember what she looked like unless there were paintings of her around the Lair.
Lol, like I said earlier, I find it amazing Tygra has such clear recall of things when he was 2-3. I thought he was 4-5 which actually made more sense of why he would remember things at all and judging based on the way he looked during the flashbacks. Myself? I can't remember anything clear before age 4.

So we can agree that Tygra did remember his mothers words and that he did remember how he felt about losing the 2 most precious things to him, the kingdom and his mother?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #197
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
I would imagine that the other flashbacks happened mostly the way they appeared since they looked like recollections shared between at least two people, although since this one is apparently a story told by Tygra (and something Lion-O or anyone else can't personally confirm, being either too young at the time or currently dead) I wouldn't be above speculating there may be some minor editing going on here. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that that's exactly how he remembers it.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #198
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I would imagine that the other flashbacks happened mostly the way they appeared since they looked like recollections shared between at least two people, although since this one is apparently a story told by Tygra (and something Lion-O or anyone else can't personally confirm, being either too young at the time or currently dead) I wouldn't be above speculating there may be some minor editing going on here. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that that's exactly how he remembers it.
I would have an easier time with thinking the whole flashback was more credible/realistic if Tygra had been a bit older. 2 and 3 year olds don't remember much unless they're traumatized by something....and i doubt he'd remember not being called Prince when he was 2-3 or even younger. If he had been say, 5 or 6, then i would find the whole thing less than confusing. And i'm still a bit uncomfortable with Tygra's line about Lion-o's birth and irritated that he's still hung up on Lion-o "taking the crown and the her" away from him, when Lion-o didn't even want to be King (and no one wanted him to be in Thundera, including Tygra, which makes the last trial odd since apparently Lion-o's supposed to have some self esteem when he was treated like that) and he doesn't even remember his mother and it wasn't his fault she died. Her body was probably not strong if she had such trouble conceiving in the first place.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #199
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I would have an easier time with thinking the whole flashback was more credible/realistic if Tygra had been a bit older. 2 and 3 year olds don't remember much unless they're traumatized by something....and i doubt he'd remember not being called Prince when he was 2-3 or even younger. If he had been say, 5 or 6, then i would find the whole thing less than confusing. And i'm still a bit uncomfortable with Tygra's line about Lion-o's birth and irritated that he's still hung up on Lion-o "taking the crown and the her" away from him, when Lion-o didn't even want to be King (and no one wanted him to be in Thundera, including Tygra, which makes the last trial odd since apparently Lion-o's supposed to have some self esteem when he was treated like that) and he doesn't even remember his mother and it wasn't his fault she died. Her body was probably not strong if she had such trouble conceiving in the first place.
I agree about the trauma. I almost saw my mom shot in the head when I was four, but I don't recall all of it. I just remember the gunman running at her and putting the gun to her head.

I think with everything we are left with Tygra's interpretation. He might have been told how it happen, but this is how he sees it. It would make sense, because he cherish his mom and crown. This is how he feels right or wrong.

I think we saw what is driving tygra to feel this way. I think in the end he is healing. That smile said a lot at the end.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #200
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I think we saw what is driving tygra to feel this way. I think in the end he is healing. That smile said a lot at the end.
While Lion-O and Tygra’s relationship may have improved a bit, many issues haven’t been resolved; nor should they in a single episode.

To make it more believable, the writers may want to gradually ‘de-jerkify’ Tygra over a series of episodes.

We have seen instances previously where Tygra seems to understand how difficult it must be for Lion-O, only to turn around and continue being pompous and self-important.

Last edited by stac; 04-19-2012 at 11:10 AM..
stac is offline   Reply With Quote