TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #51
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlocksPS View Post
Yep and he didn't move the whole time. Like i said it was a minor complaint and i wasn't the only one who felt this way. It shouldn't overshadow what an excellent episode that was.

Not a bad thing at all. I like character development. I am glad the writers are taking the time to do it right

Oh definitely, i totally felt that way during this ep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyjo View Post
I'm not sure I have one, but good filler is better than bad filler imo. If this is to just be filler, its a filler episode I enjoy having.

If I can think of a good answer to that question though I'll put it here
Thanks.
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #52
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Missed it on TV, but was able to find it online. Definitely a great episode (don't have a single thing to complain about), and better than last weeks episode (not that it was a bad episode, just not as good as this one). Slithe and his minions were perfect, and the cats were great too. Was nice to see Snarf and Lion-O interacting some more. Was also nice to see a hint at the inevitable romantic bits. Panthro's intro was nice, but would have been much more epic if I hadn't seen it already, lol. I found the Petalars to be a nice reference to Silky, though a nice twist on her would-be species.

Already looking forward to next week's episode. Should be interesting to see how Panthro gets along with the rest of the team.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #53
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Dd you hear the musical score in tonight's episode...fantastic, animation is fantastic, voice acting is fantastic, story line modification is fantastic. Sorry but dbz cannot hold up to such a high modern comparison.
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #54
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Moved some posts to a new thread, off topic. Let's try to stay on topic from here on out. Thanks guys!
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #55
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I thought this was a really well done episode. Loved the ending.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #56
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Now THAT was an incredible episode - I admit that I surprised myself when I teared up at Emrick's death. But Panthro's intro? Awesome!! <3d the animation and loved the underlying message (I could use some of that advice right now, heh). I'm pretty bummed that I'm going to have miss next week's episode, but I'll manage.. XD
SerahGetzlaf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #57
Death2Fanboys
Red Eye
Wow! I thought I was the only one with tear on my eye during this episode.

Love it! 5 out of 5 for me.

When Lion-O met the Petalars it was a throw back for me to the episode when Ro-Bear Berbils where introduce.

Panthro's debut was kickass.
Death2Fanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #58
Gale
Thunder Kitty
I really liked this episode. The idea of the petalars only living an entire life in a day was very intriguing and shows that the people who worked on this show have some nice imaginations.
Also, as I do not spoil myself with previews, I was super pumped when I saw the thundertank!
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #59
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
10/10, if I hadn't been won over yet, this cements it. The music, the story themes, structure, animation, all of it.

I'll admit I was a big baby and had a tear when Emrick was about to pass on. I agree that this series has done more on an emotional level then most series do in 52 episodes.

Normally this is where I'd put the things I don't like. That it ended?
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #60
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
wow was this an amazing episode!

but is it just me, or are all these "morals" cartoon networks attempt to get an Emmy? LOL!

Last edited by dolza_khyron; 08-13-2011 at 02:35 AM..
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:08 AM   #61
omens619
Thunder Kitty
This episode reminded me of a mix of Chronicles of Narnia/Lord of the Rings/Avatar and a Disney classic movie score, very powerful to represent the Thundercats! But done really well.
omens619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #62
Hammerhand
Thunder Kitty
This was an awesome episode. I loved it so much. Great to see characters are given development.
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:36 AM   #63
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by omens619 View Post
This episode reminded me of a mix of Chronicles of Narnia/Lord of the Rings/Avatar and a Disney classic movie score, very powerful to represent the Thundercats! But done really well.
it reminded more of fantasia; you know what i mean?
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #64
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
I noticed that every week, It ends in a way of getting (us) to come back for more, for the following week.
Its like a telling of a story which blends in w awhole diff story but still keeping the 1st story in tach. and the (show) always ends with the main story. If that makes scense.
Its like, The Thundercats are on a mission to do wat they have to do or go where they have to go then out of nowhere that story gets sidlined by a new story and new characters. then onces that lil story ends, b4 the show ends, they take us back to wat they were doing b4 the incident. and then POOF, STAY TOON FOR NEXT WEEK.
So next week we will know more about Panthro where hes been and all that. and then the thundertank. too! follow by anothey short story. lolz
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #65
robster1968
Thunder Kitty
This episode was a soup of all good emotions that make us human. What a fantastically beautiful episode. Its such a wonder how that much range of emotion can be translated into a cartoon episode. Thundercats has it all drama, sci-fi, sword and sorcery. It will be extremely difficult for any other animation now, or even years to come to top this episode in terms of animation quality, voice characterization, depth, and the ability to evoke a basic need for us to do good things and to prevail in spite of the obstacles we face in life. This episode is truly a masterpiece. Thank you so much WB for bringing back this classic, and i have never expected for an animated cartoon to move me to tears. Panthro's entrance was also so well placed, though I wished they didnt spoil it with the trailer, but again what a kaleidoscope of emotions, heroics, and a roller coaster of thrills. THUNDERCATS HOOOOOO !!!!!!!
robster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #66
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Mumm-rah delivers unto you.......

Episode 4
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #67
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
I'd rather recommend the HD version!

This was an amazing episode. The Petalars were a well-thought-out race. All in all the message and the story reminded me of the Star Trek TNG episode Inner Light where Picard lives out a lifetime in a matter of hours...

The designs were great. Not just the Petalars, but the new lizards too. Their names (if I got that right) were Chamai, Cask and Sorro. It's a pity they most likely were killed off, I'd have liked to see them again. Slithe was ruthless even towards his own people, and he also dropped a classic "yessss". And Snarf does say 'snarf!' more often now.

Loved the "dare" bit with the kittens, and how Tygra's conflict with Lion-O is once again brought forth.

And Panhtro made a grand entrance.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #68
NIBMRatchet
Transformers, Baby!
What a fantastic show! Absolutely spectacular!
NIBMRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #69
ThunderCat Tygra 2011
Prince of Thundera
XD I love the twins!! They´re so cute and funny^^ Snarf too and about Snarf....way to go!!!! ^_^
Gosh its so obvious that while Lion-O learns to be king they should pay more atention to Tygra : /
And great lesson from the petalaras^^ They are great! This episode is really nice They song is really nice^^
I love this show!!!!
I know its common between the petalars but, is sad for the cats that they become friends with them and in a day they lose them ;_;
But it´s how Emerich said...."in the end what matters is not how long we live but how fully we live, the good we´ve done, the friends we´ve made, the love we´ve shared along the way...." *tears* That dead was sad! :´( But what a great lesson of life and thay teached them hope too^^
And I love Lion-O´s line: "We're all leaves passing in the wind. Here and then gone......but while we´re here....We live to the fullest!. THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"
The bad guy are way cool too!!!! Slith is great and his minions, scary!
I SOOO LOVE PANTHRO´S INTRO AND THEME!!!!! ALSO THE THUNDERTANCK KICKASS!!!!! >D
This was a GREAT EPISODE!!!!!
ThunderCat Tygra 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #70
Ashley
Thunder Kitty
Got to say I'm just shocked at how much this series has exceeded my expectations at every turn.

When I saw the preview with the Petalars I thought for sure the show had started out great but now they going to go in a bad direction. Then I watched the episode and I was totally caught up in the life of Emrick. From his speech to rally the Petalars to help the Thundercats to holding out hope when everyone else had given up I really liked the little guy. Movies can almost never make me cry but darn if Emrick's death didn't tear me up.

Then thank goodness Panhtro showed up all cool and kicking lizard butts to make me feel like a man after crying like a child over a flower guy.

Between the animation, the music, the magical feeling of the moment and other elements coming together it kind of reminded me of some of the best anime movies I've ever seen. Which is really saying something for a weekly cartoon.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #71
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
Like others, I was a little unsure about this episode at first. But, it blew me away. Such a great message in that episode. Everything about the episode was great. The grand entrance of Panthro at the end was epic. My all time favorite T-Cat has arrived.
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #72
FunderCat
Thunder Kitty
I just realized, WilyKit was toading! Anybody remember that Family Guy episode or am I just coming off as weird?
FunderCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #73
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
I liked the episode. Although, I wished they would've brought Panthro in sooner than they did, like in the last 6 or 7 minutes. Also, seeing the Thundertank was cool. I hope when or if they introduce the ThunderRacers, they can combine with the Thundertank in the show.

4/5
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #74
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Im really surprised how deep the episode was. It really got to me. I think its my favorite one so far. Panthro was just the icing on the cake.

My only issue with the episode was the suicide dash at the end. It felt out of place to me.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #75
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
for me this wasn't a total filler episode. it did progress the story arc that there building, though not alot. out of the 4 episodes so far there have been 2 episodes that have dealt with the main story arc and 2 that have only dealt with it slightly, that's not that bad. the season is still young, they'll be plenty of episodes that will deal with the quest.
you need episodes like this one because you want the main story to stay fresh. you don't want to wear the viewers out with the same thing over and over again. and i wouldn't want to take anything away from the episode just because it didn't advance the overall story much.
on that it was a great episode. it was also very touching and i actually almost shed a tear when the cool little flower dude died in lion-o's hand. that could have come off as really cheesy but it didn't. and the thundertank debut was awesome! it reminded of the batmobile's introduction to the gotham city police in batman begins.
spike78a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #76
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
OK, finally got on today to talk about this;

I almost cried at the end of this epsiode. Not for Emeric, sad though his death was. No, when Lion-O gave that speech, followed by the battle cry, and THEN followed by the animation of the symbol, it felt like I was seeing it for the first time, just like I did so many years ago. It was beautiful.

Overall, this was a great epsiode. The Petelars are cool and sad at the same time. Taking an aesthetics class in college, I can defintiely see the Japanese influence in the story, about the beauty of the impermanent. I love that elite squad of lizards, very cool. But when the Tank and Panthro came out, oh heel yes that was great! Also, I enjoyed Snarf ruining the moment between Lion-O and Cheetara.
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #77
LXL Guy
Thunder Kitty
Snarf, why'd you have to ruin the good mood between the two?!

Otherwise I enjoyed this episode. I like how the light actually shined into the sky after doing the Thunder Thunder Cry. I think that's why Panthro came to their aid.

Now I await next weeks episode.
LXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #78
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Pumpkinhead View Post
I almost cried at the end of this epsiode. Not for Emeric, sad though his death was. No, when Lion-O gave that speech, followed by the battle cry, and THEN followed by the animation of the symbol, it felt like I was seeing it for the first time, just like I did so many years ago. It was beautiful.
I agree! That whole little scene right there was amazing. I felt like I was 8 years old again.
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #79
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I've been re-watching the original show here lately. I just started watching episode twenty, and realized that the froog in this episode is similar to the frogdog that Slithe petrified when demonstrating the Warbot's abilities to Mumm-Ra. Not sure if it was meant to be a reference to the frogdog, but it's definitely similar enough to me to make me smile a bit.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #80
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Does anybody know when the final will be? I mean the final show of 2011, is this like a tv show where each year has a season, or is this gonna b new everyweek until it gets canceled? not that i want it to. i hope not, i love thundercats, im glad their back and i hope their here to stay. As it is i already bought most of the new toys so woot woot!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #81
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Im enjoying every show as they air friday nights. Sumtimes i feel these shows get derailed at sum point or another but re-watching them, u kinda "get it" or understand it better if you didnt the 1st time. So yea its looking great so far, the wily's are already my favs, Hope they never change, lol
Old 08-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #82
Dust Viper
Thunder Kitty
I enjoyed Wilykat's bet and the teasing that followed.

Can't wait to see Panthro take center stage.
Dust Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #83
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Overall great ep. Last week, wasn't super impressed. Thought it lost something from the first 2. However, this ep brought back the "epicness" that was present in the first 2. Felt like you were connected to the characters and what was going on.

Plus, story was very cool. Presented something that I hadn't thought of before. Deep, in a cartoon standard kind of way.

Animation, voice work, sound was spectacular again as well.

Looking forward to how the Panthro thing will play out.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #84
hdeleon
Thunder Kitty
I really liked this episode. feels like they are foreshadowing the journey of our band of heroes. I disagree with the review saying that its just an episode leading up to the intro of Pathro.

The episode teaches a lesson without being preachy. The lesson being that we have to make the most of the time we have while we have it. There is no perfect time to do anything, as long as you feel like you are getting the most from the experience, that's all that matters.

loved how the thundercats are see themselves as fraction of what makes up there world. There are many different races, small and large that all contribute to their world and their importance is all relative.

I also loved how the villians had different talents that help them become more specialized and special. creates more depth in their character, they are more than just being the bad guys. They are all special in their own right.

love the banter between tygra and lion-o and how all the other characters relate to each other and other inhabitants of 3rd earth. I can't wait to see more!!!! the storytelling is very developed and i get a sense there is more to reveal.
hdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #85
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I'd rather recommend the HD version
Um, all you did was post the link i already posted dude
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #86
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
Overall great ep. Last week, wasn't super impressed. Thought it lost something from the first 2. However, this ep brought back the "epicness" that was present in the first 2. Felt like you were connected to the characters and what was going on.

Plus, story was very cool. Presented something that I hadn't thought of before. Deep, in a cartoon standard kind of way.

Animation, voice work, sound was spectacular again as well.

Looking forward to how the Panthro thing will play out.
I couldn't agree more. I thought that there was a drop off in the 3rd episode and that this episode really brought things back on par with the first two. They've done a magnificent job all around and I am really pleased with how it's turned out. Hasbro/The HUB should be paying strict attention. THIS is how you do it.
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #87
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Has anybody seen the previews for the next show? I wonder if we will know more about Panthro and the Thundertank?! From the looks of it, i can see that this tank is taller than they were (hight wise) Since on toy it looks smaller than the (figures), Anyhow we also know that it shoots (duh me) lolz, and it can jump like the batman tumbler, reminds me of that. As for Panthro, we shell know where hes been, and damnit, i wanna know wat happened to jaga. lolz
Old 08-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #88
Bravestarr
Banned
This episode is gonna win the Oscar.
Bravestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #89
dbox183
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Pumpkinhead View Post
OK, finally got on today to talk about this;

EXACTLY! I was ecstatic, overwhelmed, and almost jumping up and down over how absolutely amazing the entire scene played out -- As you put it, it was beautiful. I love how when Lion-O did each "Thunder", it was a different pose from the original intro that lead into the HO! part looking exactly like Lion-O standing atop that mountain from the original... The Cat Signal looked amazing too, turning into the logo as it did.

When the episode first started (After the Lizard's Patrol scene) - I was worried where they were going with the Petalars, but it turned out to be just another great chapter in this series so far. It truly was an emotional rollercoaster to say the least - and Panthro to conclude was brilliant. I'd give this episode at least an 8.5/10.

Last edited by dbox183; 08-15-2011 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: html error.
dbox183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #90
jmfoxfire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravestarr View Post
This episode is gonna win the Oscar.
i hope it does
jmfoxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #91
LordLionO
Hear the Roar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLionO View Post
Oh, this was such a great episode!

....is what I see myself saying after watching!

And I was right, lol! This was a fantastic, beautiful episode! Very deep for a so called "children's show." Lion-O's speech at the end gave me goosebumps, and Big P's debut at the end was awesome!
LordLionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #92
Ben_Gali
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lion O View Post
For those who talk of fillers and and disappointment (and I mean no offense here simply curious) what cartoon to you hold up as the gold standard of animation and storytelling? Please respond...
I thought it was a great episode, stand alone or otherwise.

As for gold-standard of animation and storytelling, I would have to go with Batman:TAS. While kid-friendly, it definately had much to offer older kids and adults. IMHO, Justice League and JLU took the torch and carried it well.
Ben_Gali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #93
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
time flew this week, seems like the other day i was watching ep4 debut, now 2 more days for ep5..woot!! woot!
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #94
Thundera
Thundercat!
Great episode! Love the plot, characters, development, and over all run of this show so far!!
Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #95
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
After re-watching it again today, I noticed... Kamai (the chameleon-like lizard) did survive the battle with Lion-O. When Panthro stops the tank at the end of the episode, it is Kamai trying to attack him from behind (and gets brained by nunchucks for his troubles). He's in shadows, but you can see the bulgy eyes and the leather straps with rings on his helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumm_ra_the_ever_living View Post
Um, all you did was post the link i already posted dude
Nope, your link was a 85 Mb low-res file, mine was an 500 MB HD version.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote