TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Sightings

Old 08-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #51
omens619
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by barairoTVlive View Post
I checked TRU, and they said that they would place them on shelves two to three weeks later, but the customer service guy was nice to me and got two boxes of thundercats and let me choose which ones i wanted so i chose thes two.

GRUNE

PANTHRO

BOTH
what tru did you get it from, where?
omens619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #52
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Just checked TRU in Tustin/Irvine Marketplace - no merchandise anywhere. Asked a staff member, who said they'd be arriving in 1-2 weeks. I still want a Wily-Kit. :/
SerahGetzlaf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #53
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerahGetzlaf15 View Post
Just checked TRU in Tustin/Irvine Marketplace - no merchandise anywhere. Asked a staff member, who said they'd be arriving in 1-2 weeks. I still want a Wily-Kit. :/
I'm going on a mission up to LA, well really for work but I'm going to hit up a bunch of stores, if I see a Wily-Kit I will grab it for ya
snarfsnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #54
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfsnarf View Post
I'm going on a mission up to LA, well really for work but I'm going to hit up a bunch of stores, if I see a Wily-Kit I will grab it for ya
Oh, man! That'd be awesome if you could! I've been tearing around the OC to no avail - haven't had a chance to check up in LA.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #55
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I was at TRU in Dublin, CA. yesterday. They had 3 Thundertanks, a couple of sword of omens, 1 basic Mummra and a deluxe Lion-O, Mummra and Tygra.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #56
topnotch97
Lexi Belle fan
hey guys! can you guys post the prices of the toys you got? like 4 inch, 6 inch, vehicles, deluxes, etc.

i wanna see how much they sell `em at stores.

thank you!

ps - you guys are making me jealous.
topnotch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #57
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Oh, man! That'd be awesome if you could! I've been tearing around the OC to no avail - haven't had a chance to check up in LA.
I wish I had good news for you I went to 2 LA Kmarts and they didn't have anything or even a spot for them. I asked and 1 said they didn't have them and the other said they can't sell them yet, don't understand Kmart at all.

I did go to 3 Toys R Us on my way to LA and found the Thundertank Got my Snarf figure finally. So I'm guessing we will see Thundercats at OC TRU's this week. Let me know if you aren't going and I will keep looking and grab one

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch97 View Post
hey guys! can you guys post the prices of the toys you got? like 4 inch, 6 inch, vehicles, deluxes, etc.

i wanna see how much they sell `em at stores.

thank you!

ps - you guys are making me jealous.
Toys R US has the 4" for 7.99 Kmart has the 4" for 6.99
Toys R US has the 4" deluxes at 14.99 and Kmart has them for 11.99
Thundertank was 29.99 at both

Not sure about the bigger sizes but you can check TRU and Kmart websites to see the prices. If you go to TRU's Facebook page and hit "like" you can get a 20% off coupon for 1 item. I got the Thundertank for $24 from TRU
Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #58
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I wish I had good news for you I went to 2 LA Kmarts and they didn't have anything or even a spot for them. I asked and 1 said they didn't have them and the other said they can't sell them yet, don't understand Kmart at all.

I did go to 3 Toys R Us on my way to LA and found the Thundertank Got my Snarf figure finally. So I'm guessing we will see Thundercats at OC TRU's this week. Let me know if you aren't going and I will keep looking and grab one.

Toys R US has the 4" for 7.99 Kmart has the 4" for 6.99
Toys R US has the 4" deluxes at 14.99 and Kmart has them for 11.99
Thundertank was 29.99 at both. Not sure about the bigger sizes but you can check TRU and Kmart websites to see the prices. If you go to TRU's Facebook page and hit "like" you can get a 20% off coupon for 1 item. I got the Thundertank for $24 from TRU
Aw, I figured LA wouldn't have anything either. I am planning on looking around the OC all next week, but if you do randomly come across a 2011 Wily-Kit figurine, I'd be so grateful if you could get me one.

Thanks also for the FB info - totally missed that when I ordered my Lion-O. :/
Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #59
omens619
Thunder Kitty
FYI, You should know that TRU only seems to get one case of the classic 8" figures, I checked with them and here is the kicker only 4 per case. 2 liono's 2 tygras. that's it. The odds have got to be timing when hunting these down. I have mine, if you see liono don't hesitate, grab him you might not see him again, he's worth it.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #60
Death2Fanboys
Red Eye
I got 4" WilyKat WilyKit and Tygra from K-Mart (Carson) on Tuesday

However, K-Mart cancel my Cheetara order and my blood was boiling!

That was the final straw! I officially done with K-Mart and their site.

So I had to go to the ONE place I knew I would find them but paid the higher price.

FRANK AND SON'S COLLECTIBLES. in City of Industry.

You will DEFINETLY find all the TC figures and collectibles. However, those retailers will make you pay extra.

For $80 I got 4" Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Grune the Warrior and CHEETARA!

Now, I need to get the Classic TC Lion-O and Tygra.

Just a word of caution. If you decide to go to Frank and Son's Collectibles be cautious when shopping. Some retailers will charge more than others. You could bargain or trade, but just DON'T over pay. Keep looking (you will find them) and ask the retailer how much he/she wants. Also, don't look desperate, just ask and keep your cool.
Death2Fanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #61
omens619
Thunder Kitty
Frank and son's is a rip off, just be patient a few more months they'll have all the thundercats on sale everywhere, especially as it gets closer to x-mas, the trick is going to be hunting for the classics, most stores will only get one case of classics, which only have 4 figures total, are you kidding me only two lionos

what is bandai thinking, somebody can buy a case before they even put them out.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #62
Thunder Cutta
Thunder Kitty
TRU in Van Nuys just,got in some 4" figures. Lion-O, Tygra, Mumm-Ra (little crusty one) Claw shields, Thunder Racers, Short Sword of Omens.
Thunder Cutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #63
Pum-Ra
Thunder Kitty
Late post. Went by Hayward, Ca Toys R Us on Heperian around 11am tody and they had 5a Sword of Omens, 4 thundertanks, and a case of the Lyn Powers Lion-O, Grune, Mum-Ra, and Tygra. Only bought the Sword and store clerk.said that is all they recieved today.
Pum-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #64
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Aw, I figured LA wouldn't have anything either. I am planning on looking around the OC all next week, but if you do randomly come across a 2011 Wily-Kit figurine, I'd be so grateful if you could get me one.

Thanks also for the FB info - totally missed that when I ordered my Lion-O. :/
So Tustin got them in but they didn't have much...I got a 4" Lion-o and they have more of him and Mumm-Ra. They had some of the other bigger figures and Thundertank too.

They checked the stores around and looks like all of them have them now. They said Anaheim Hills TRU shows the most stock, so if you have a chance I would go check there tomorrow. They said Fullerton has a small amount and Cerritos (I checked Cerritos and they only had Mumm-Ra and Tygra). HB might have them tomorrow, they got a truck today.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #65
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
So Tustin got them in but they didn't have much...I got a 4" Lion-o and they have more of him and Mumm-Ra. They had some of the other bigger figures and Thundertank too.

They checked the stores around and looks like all of them have them now. They said Anaheim Hills TRU shows the most stock, so if you have a chance I would go check there tomorrow. They said Fullerton has a small amount and Cerritos (I checked Cerritos and they only had Mumm-Ra and Tygra). HB might have them tomorrow, they got a truck today.
Gah. Will have to run to Anaheim Hills and Huntington Beach tomorrow, after I randomly check out Culver City's TRU to see what they have. There's gonna be a LOT of driving on my end. Thanks for the heads up, though!
Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #66
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Gah. Will have to run to Anaheim Hills and Huntington Beach tomorrow, after I randomly check out Culver City's TRU to see what they have. There's gonna be a LOT of driving on my end. Thanks for the heads up, though!
Not sure if you got what you wanted in that run but Toys R Us Huntington Beach has them, only problem is they are too lazy to put them out and they refuse to get them out. Tustin checked for me on Saturday and called TRU HB and they said they would get them out today but when I went they said they don't have enough staff lol sounds like great management running HB TRU. So maybe you will have better luck then I did but they have everything in the back and tons of it.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #67
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Not sure if you got what you wanted in that run but Toys R Us Huntington Beach has them, only problem is they are too lazy to put them out and they refuse to get them out. Tustin checked for me on Saturday and called TRU HB and they said they would get them out today but when I went they said they don't have enough staff lol sounds like great management running HB TRU. So maybe you will have better luck then I did but they have everything in the back and tons of it.
So I went to Anaheim Hills TRU Saturday and tonight and obtained the following:

Instagram

However, when I went tonight, the pickings were very, very, VERY slim. Looks like everyone tore up the section over the weekend. :/ Still hoping I'll be able to snag a Cheetara and/or a Snarf plushie, but other than that, I'm very content with what I got.

Sounds like Huntington Beach is just faily all around. I'll make a note of that for future reference.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #68
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
So I went to Anaheim Hills TRU Saturday and tonight and obtained the following:

Instagram

However, when I went tonight, the pickings were very, very, VERY slim. Looks like everyone tore up the section over the weekend. :/ Still hoping I'll be able to snag a Cheetara and/or a Snarf plushie, but other than that, I'm very content with what I got.

Sounds like Huntington Beach is just faily all around. I'll make a note of that for future reference.
Nice finds! I didn't even know there were plushies!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #69
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Nice finds! I didn't even know there were plushies!!!
Well, actually, there aren't any Snarf plushies that I know currently exist, but I'm hoping they'll come out with one. Once that's done, I'll be a happy camper.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #70
gingaio
Thunder Kitty
Checked HB today (I live here, actually) and they had 2 each of the Classics Lion-O and Tygra. I picked up 1 of each. Wanted an extra Tygra, but the right leg joint looked a bit sketchy on the other one. These things sort of vary in terms of paint as well, so I was thankful that there were 2 of each to choose from. They had a decent stash of modern stuff as well, but I didn't look too closely as it doesn't interest me. Noticed some Thundertanks and various figures.
gingaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #71
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I was at TRU on Monday in Dublin, CA. and was able to pick up a Classic Tygra. One of the employees was doing go backs and I saw it in her cart and picked it up and went to the register and bought it. Now I just need a classic Lion-O (don't want to open my SDCC exclusive)
Old 08-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #72
omens619
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingaio View Post
Checked HB today (I live here, actually) and they had 2 each of the Classics Lion-O and Tygra. I picked up 1 of each. Wanted an extra Tygra, but the right leg joint looked a bit sketchy on the other one. These things sort of vary in terms of paint as well, so I was thankful that there were 2 of each to choose from. They had a decent stash of modern stuff as well, but I didn't look too closely as it doesn't interest me. Noticed some Thundertanks and various figures.
You lucked out, the classics line only has 4 figures in a case 2 of each, you pretty much saw the case.
It's all timing when hunting for the classics

Last edited by omens619; 08-17-2011 at 05:05 PM..
Old 08-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #73
gingaio
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by omens619 View Post
You lucked out, the classics line only has 4 figures in a case 2 of each, you pretty much saw the case.
Interesting. Wouldn't a store have more than one case, though? Or are stores only carrying 1 case each?
gingaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #74
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by omens619 View Post
HB TRU still has Lion-o and Tygra. Cerritos TRU has 2 Tygra's...both have been sitting there for a few days now...what gets me is yesterday Cerritos TRU had a few 4" Mumm-Ra's and Lion-o's and they said they were getting more in today...so today I went and they had at least 10 each of Lion-o, Mumm-Ra, and Tygra...is there a case with only those guys. I still have yet to see any other 4" figures ever
Old 08-19-2011, 05:39 AM   #75
Lion O of savannah
TruthJusticeHonorLoyalty
The cases that seem to be shipping has multiple lion o's, mumm ra's and tygra's, but only offers one of each of the othr figures. Kit, kat, panthro, and cheetara only 1 per case. Good luck on your hunt, an enjoy tonights episode.
Lion O of savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #76
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion O of savannah View Post
The cases that seem to be shipping has multiple lion o's, mumm ra's and tygra's, but only offers one of each of the othr figures. Kit, kat, panthro, and cheetara only 1 per case. Good luck on your hunt, an enjoy tonights episode.
The episode was cool! and I found Panthro today. They had the Tower of Omens too if anyone is interested in it, at TRU Tustin.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #77
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I found WilyKat and Kit today and picked them up at TRU in Dublin, CA. Still no sign of Grune.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #78
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Super WalMart in Stockton had quite literally everything in stock today. I Grabbed the twins, my friend grabbed the only other two twins they had. When we left they had everything except those two Tons of classics even.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #79
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
Super WalMart in Stockton had quite literally everything in stock today. I Grabbed the twins, my friend grabbed the only other two twins they had. When we left they had everything except those two Tons of classics even.
Finally!...sick of searching TRU's and Kmart's...blah.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #80
GK Punk
We were somewhat surprised to find them there, we just stopped on a whim. Turns out they literally just put them on the shelves moments before we got there.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #81
GK Punk
Stockton TRU

Old 08-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #82
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
We were somewhat surprised to find them there, we just stopped on a whim. Turns out they literally just put them on the shelves moments before we got there.
What are they charging for the 4" guys?
Old 08-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #83
GK Punk
6.98, so it's not too bad.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #84
barairoTVlive
barairoTVlive
My recent visit to TRU
barairoTVlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #85
Death2Fanboys
Red Eye
SCORE! Wal-Mart in Santa Fe Springs. I got me the Tower of Omens and two ThunderRacers.

Wal-Mart in the Long Beach Town Center had the last two Classics Lion-O and Tygra.

I check the Wal-Marts in Duarte, Rosemead, and Industry and practically collectors CLEAN the TC sections. Only found a couple 4" Munn Ras left. They took EVERYTHING...even the peg board hooks. WOW!

I have to check out the La Habra Wal Mart last.
Death2Fanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #86
omens619
Thunder Kitty
So, I went to TRU this morning and.....
They had everything. I got cheetara, panthro, kit and kat, Grune, 2 classic lionos, I've everything else, I finally got 4" Panthro, I passed on the tower, looked flimsy
Old 08-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #87
OmniCat
Thunder Kitty
I finally finished finding all of the Thundercats toys I was looking for.
Thank you to everybody on this forum for your help finding these bad boys. I would also like to say a special thanks to my buddy Mike for sending me Cheetara--found in Walmart--from Ohio.

I cheated and bought Tigra and Wily-kit from Amazon. Classic Lion-O and the sword are from comic-con. Everything else is from the TRU in San Diego off the 5 in Morena, but when I went there last it was picked apart.

Good luck with your hunts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01610.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	746.1 KB
ID:	609
OmniCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #88
SEANxLONG
Thunder Kitty
Both my local Toys R Us had the Tower of Omens playsets. I got the last two for me and my friend at Citrus Heights, CA but the Roseville, CA one has two of them left. Both TRU had the deluxes like mumm-ra, all the 6" & 4" figures, role play & Thundertank. Only Roseville had classic Tygra no Lion-o at either.
SEANxLONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #89
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
The Dublin and Pittsburg TRU's had the Tower of Omens. Still have to get Panthro, Cheetara and Mummra in the basic 4 inch scale and Grune and Mummra in the deluxe.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 AM   #90
MrCoffeeAddict
Caffeine...
Toys R Us in Irvine on Jamboree had a bunch of wave 1 4" and 6" figures, 6" classics, the 4" deluxe figures (Grune, Mumm-Ra, Lion-O, Tygra), the deluxe Sword of Omens, the claw shield, the Thundertank, and the Thunderracers.

Last edited by MrCoffeeAddict; 08-26-2011 at 01:48 AM..
MrCoffeeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #91
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
If anyone finds these guys at a Walmart in OC, let me know? I want to buy some guys but don't want to pay the Toys R Us raised pricing
Old 08-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #92
Metroplex
Thunder Kitty
Hi - just wanted to introduce myself. For anyone on TFW I am Metroplex[IH]. I saw the Tower of Omens at TRU Culver City yesterday along with Panthro and Grune. I bought the figures and left the sea of Lion-O and Tygra.

Still looking for Cheetara and the Twins.
Metroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #93
ThunderCatz
ThunderCatz
That's odd my Wal-Mart usually stocks all the new waves or new arrivals very early.. They still haven't gotten any ThunderCats toys. Lately the girl aisle are dominating the boy aisles damn you Barbie!!
ThunderCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #94
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I picked up a Classic Lion-O at the Dublin TRU last friday. He was the only one Lion-O they had with 3 Tygra's. Still haven't opened either one yet. Wonder if they will show any of the other classics at the New York Con.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #95
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Finally found Thundercats at Walmart, anyone still looking for any of the 4" figs around OC?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #96
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I just picked up Cheetara at the TRU in Dublin. Still haven't seen Grune yet. Nothing at any of my local Walmarts as far as I know.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #97
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Finally found Thundercats at Walmart, anyone still looking for any of the 4" figs around OC?
Which WalMart were you at? I'm still looking for a Cheetara. XD
Old 09-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #98
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Which WalMart were you at? I'm still looking for a Cheetara. XD
It was the Walmart in Santa Ana...I can check if they are still there in a few as I need to grab some stuff anyway. I can hide one for you if they are? or just buy it for you?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #99
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
It was the Walmart in Santa Ana...I can check if they are still there in a few as I need to grab some stuff anyway. I can hide one for you if they are? or just buy it for you?
Whoops, sorry for the late response. Wasn't even aware that there was a new WalMart in Santa Ana, haha. I'll have to check it out this week, but thanks for offering to help a fellow fan out!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #100
SerahGetzlaf15
Thunder Kitty
Walmart in Santa Ana is pretty much cleared out tonight. Might be the back to school hordes, but there was slim pickings there for sure. Did see 4" Wily-Kit/Kat, Mumm-Ra, Tygra, the Thundertank, Sword of Omens and a few other misc items, but no Cheetara. :/