TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 10-31-2011, 06:10 AM   #51
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
I can't wait for this to be shown in the UK
Should be in the next 2-3 weeks. We're only a couple of episodes behind the US!
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #52
Joe Moore
Administrator
Sorry for the delay in the review and screen caps. Got side tracked Friday and forgot to DVR the show. Review and caps will be up later today.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #53
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Sorry for the delay in the review and screen caps. Got side tracked Friday and forgot to DVR the show. Review and caps will be up later today.
Awesome! Thank you! Can't wait!

My desktop cannot survive without a constant flow of HD screen caps
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #54
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Awesome. Thank you for continuing the HD screen caps. I hope I didn't come-off as whiny, lol...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #55
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinSage View Post
as a few others have asked: HD screen-caps!?!?
Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...-captures-288/
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #56
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
♥♥♥♥♥ thaaaaaaaank youuuuu!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 10-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #57
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Great episode! I want Zooble-like Berbil toys now!
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #58
crackus
Thunder Puss
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincheng2k5 View Post
Does anyone know where I could find an HD encode of this ep? Thanks!
i think you can find one from btjunkie...
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #59
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackus View Post
i think you can find one from btjunkie...
Thanks! I was looking too!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #60
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
I have to say that these Berbils were a LOT better than the old ones. I always thought of them as cyborg Ewoks.

This REALLY helped me to grasp that the Thunder Tank in the first series wasn't a new idea to them. Panthro didn't build this tank and I can see a Tank V Tank battle between Panthro and Grune!!
80sFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #61
80sFanboy
Unofficial Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
Thanks! I was looking too!
Watch Thundercats online free on Tv-links

This is how I watch without cable!
80sFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #62
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Did anybody catch what Bill was calling his son? The few times he said it I couldn't really tell what he was saying. I would assume Bob, as he has the same coloration as the Bob character in the original.

Watching it again, it sounds like "Bebo", or something along those lines. The first one to be grabbed by the claw, and the one that Lion-O saves from being captured, is Bob.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 10-31-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #63
dragon
Thunder Kitty
there cuter form te orginal ones they look like giant popples, hedgehogs when they get away in hurry
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #64
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 9 - Berbils Review
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #65
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sFanboy View Post
Watch Thundercats online free on Tv-links

This is how I watch without cable!
Awesome! Thanks for the link!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #66
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
I also agree that the new Berbils are better than the old ones. And this coming from a dude who has a decades-old plastic Berbil on his shelf.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #67
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
i don't think the berbils used the thundercats just to make use of the thundertank...not totally at least. the thundercats happen to be in berbil territory and the berbils decided to help them. and they would have done so even if they were not in danger. it just happen to be that they needed there help too.
in season 2 of the vintage thundercats series the berbils went out of there way and risked there lives to save 3 thundercats before thundera exploded. there just the helping sort. it's in there nature.
also they never made themselves known to the thundercats, the thundercats had to catch them in the act in order to find out who was helping them. it's conceiveable to think that they may never have revealed themselves and they would have kept helping the thundercats in secret until they left there territory.
even if they were just "using" the thundercats i don't think it was in a negative way. maybe they thought if we help them maybe they'll help us.
spike78a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #68
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
I really haven't warmed up to the new Panthro... though oddly he's still my favorite.
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #69
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
According to the ThunderCats Crew Blog, the son's name is Beebo
Thundercats Crew Blog

I like this version of Berbils. I think this episode struck a nice cord in keeping enough nostalgic reference and familiarity while changing some other things up. Their ability to roll around was probably my favorite update to the Berbils bunch.
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #70
Ocicat
Thunder Kitty
Just seen this episode on my sky + and I loved it, I thought the over-active wily-kit and wily-kat from the fruit they'd eaten was good, I also like the berbils, but then always have, I liked the group shot of the thundercats before they battled for the first time and the fight scene was really well done with the Conquadors. I also loved seeing snow-miaow! Is this also the first time we see the ThunderCats symbol from the sword of omens? Loved it when Panthro said 'that's our cue!' and when the ThunderTank roared!
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #71
flibbits
Thunder Kitty
"However the Zen like nature of the original Berbils is gone and I can't help but feel that something has been lost because of that. "

Note that they split that into the elephants in the temple. The non-imaginative creators of this new series "improved" or "re-imagined" the T-Cats by splitting the Berbils into elephants and Berbils. The elephants got the people stealing food, even bigger people come when the thieves are defeated story line. That was the Berbil story line in the original.

Original "While out exploring, Lion-O and Snarf are taken prisoner by a band of small robotic bears named Ro-Bear Berbils.[3] They soon learn that the Berbils are being frequently attacked by the Trolligs[4] who steal their fruit to give to the Giantorrs."

New "While out exploring, the Thundercats discover a temple of elephants. They soon learn that the elephants are frequently being attacked by giant wasps who steal their fruit and keep a rock giant at bay."

I'm growing tired of Cheetara? Saying the first half of her lines as a question then the second half as a statement.

From the elephant episode "It's time to show these boys? What real speed is.

Ep 11 "We might not be able to see why yet? But coming here (pause) might be the key to locating the stone there."

The Berbils aren't really much different than they were in the original. Then they were a robotic race of builders who the T-Cats helped and who helped the T-Cats build things. They built the Lair.

Panthro's "character development" is as the generic gruff guy who is really a soft guy at heart.

Last edited by flibbits; 11-23-2011 at 01:00 AM..
flibbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:16 AM   #72
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Berbils is a fun episode that shows the Berbils at their usefulness in aiding the Thundercats in repairing the Thundertank and in return fighting for their colorfully cute village. If anything this episode belongs to Panthro who does have a soft heart after being grumpy. When I see the 2nd wave figure of him with robot arms, I'm thinking he's going to be like the Berbils.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote