TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #851
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I'm a girl. >.< But i agree with your statements. I do wonder why Tygra/Cheetara didn't seek each other out, they couldn't have been busy all the time.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 12-13-2011 at 10:56 AM..
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #852
darthktempus
Thunder Kitty
I agree that tygra didn't show interest until he saw that lion-o cheetara was getting closer. Again Lion-o needs cheetara no ifs and or buts about it.
darthktempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #853
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I'm a girl. >.< But i agree with your statements. I do wonder why Tygra/Cheetara didn't seek each other out, they couldn't have been busy all the time.
Forgive me of my ignorance.

I am sorry if I offened you.

She asked.

I know when I care about someone, I will risk it. If you wait, then that someone could find someone else. You could regret it.

Tygra could have put another flower outside the doors with a note. If it was gone, he could have put the same flower out there every year of the date they met.

There were so many ways they could have communicate their feelings.

It is like tygra had no feelings for her until L/C were getting close. Than he got jealous, and lion-o didn't help it when he made it a game. Moron.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 11:36 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #854
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthktempus View Post
I agree that tygra didn't show interest until he saw that lion-o cheetara was getting closer. Again Lion-o needs cheetara no ifs and or buts about it.
Agreed. I believe the two of them are connected to the SoO.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #855
darthktempus
Thunder Kitty
I agree about lion-o being a moron for making it a game, there was an episode where everyone is in the thundertank and cheetara and lion-o are sitting together and lion-o flat out says that cheetara will be his. Everyone on that tank had to have heard him and his proclamation is a bold one at that, and what does cheetara do - she does nothing at all about it, she ignores it. You'd think she would confront him on it but she doesn't.
darthktempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #856
L08e16o
Quote:
I agree about lion-o being a moron for making it a game, there was an episode where everyone is in the thundertank and cheetara and lion-o are sitting together and lion-o flat out says that cheetara will be his. Everyone on that tank had to have heard him and his proclamation is a bold one at that, and what does cheetara do - she does nothing at all about it, she ignores it. You'd think she would confront him on it but she doesn't.
Or what most girls/women do in anime when guys do that, hit him. Why kiss him on the cheek (E12) if she heard it.

You know she heard it.

After watching E1 again, it makes E13 more confusing.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #857
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
She had already left the tank when he said "just like the sword chose me, so will Cheetara" and it was addressed to Tygra after they had argued, i believe.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #858
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
It's great that you would tell them because you're right. The longer you wait,the bigger the risk that they'll find someone else. Problem is not everyone might be as confident as you. Sometimes the fear that the other person may not feel as strongly runs deep. That and Cheetara seems like she would put duty before a relationship. I think the only reason she came out about it now is because she knew the boys were misreading her intentions. It's still speculation but a lot of units like clerics, those who use anonymity are often celibate and refrain from close contact with those outside of their group. Kind of like they do their best work from the shadows type of thing. Once again, all speculation. For all I know they could walk around freely and fall in love with whomever they wanted.

Ive had feelings for someone for 3 years and never told him how I felt, because I was so damn scared of him not feeling the same way.My fault. But it happens a lot. Especially among younger people who are not all the good with commitment. Not good with committing to other people and not familiar with having committed feelings.

Remember we have never had an inner monologue for Cheetara, not even some quiet mumbling to herself. We never really knew how she felt about anyone outside of Lion-O and Jagga and even then there was confusion. Everyone can admit to her being there for Lion-O. She was the first to truly believe he has what it takes to make it. At the same time a lot of people believed she developed a crush on him because of her constant touching . Others thought it was just her being supportive.

In all honesty what about the Cheet-O relationship would make you think either party is in love? Even from a corny cartoon perspective . Love takes more then a couple of flirtatious smiles. Lion-O's interest in Cheetara has been portrayed as mostly physical . We all know he cares, but nothing epic has been put on paper. We don't see him climbing to better understand Cheetara or how she feels. The only time they interact is when Lion-O is having some sort of problem, otherwise she's hanging in the back with everyone else. From what I can tell, it was a crush.

Lion-O is not just some guy. He is the King of Thundera. We've all heard it, "with great power comes great responsibility". Sure he might have to take a one of his solo trip/episodes but to leave the group with the intentions to never come back? I dont think that's very kingly behavior.

I dont think Cheetara heard him. She went to the bottom of the tank and then Lion-O said what he did. Same with "may the best cat win", once again Cheetara was unlikely to hear what was being said.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #859
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
It's great that you would tell them because you're right. The longer you wait,the bigger the risk that they'll find someone else. Problem is not everyone might be as confident as you. Sometimes the fear that the other person may not feel as strongly runs deep. That and Cheetara seems like she would put duty before a relationship. I think the only reason she came out about it now is because she knew the boys were misreading her intentions. It's still speculation but a lot of units like clerics, those who use anonymity are often celibate and refrain from close contact with those outside of their group. Kind of like they do their best work from the shadows type of thing. Once again, all speculation. For all I know they could walk around freely and fall in love with whomever they wanted.

Ive had feelings for someone for 3 years and never told him how I felt, because I was so damn scared of him not feeling the same way.My fault. But it happens a lot. Especially among younger people who are not all the good with commitment. Not good with committing to other people and not familiar with having committed feelings.

Remember we have never had an inner monologue for Cheetara, not even some quiet mumbling to herself. We never really knew how she felt about anyone outside of Lion-O and Jagga and even then there was confusion. Everyone can admit to her being there for Lion-O. She was the first to truly believe he has what it takes to make it. At the same time a lot of people believed she developed a crush on him because of her constant touching . Others thought it was just her being supportive.

In all honesty what about the Cheet-O relationship would make you think either party is in love? Even from a corny cartoon perspective . Love takes more then a couple of flirtatious smiles. Lion-O's interest in Cheetara has been portrayed as mostly physical . We all know he cares, but nothing epic has been put on paper. We don't see him climbing to better understand Cheetara or how she feels. The only time they interact is when Lion-O is having some sort of problem, otherwise she's hanging in the back with everyone else. From what I can tell, it was a crush.

Lion-O is not just some guy. He is the King of Thundera. We've all heard it, "with great power comes great responsibility". Sure he might have to take a one of his solo trip/episodes but to leave the group with the intentions to never come back? I dont think that's very kingly behavior.

I dont think Cheetara heard him. She went to the bottom of the tank and then Lion-O said what he did. Same with "may the best cat win", once again Cheetara was unlikely to hear what was being said.
Tygra is a very confidant person. I think he would have found away. He wink at a cleric.

No one is saying they are in love. The staff said Lion-o feels very strongly about cheetara, but doesn't love her. They wouldn't comment about T/C.

Her interacton with lion-o started in episode one. He was not going to be king at the point in time. She could have said you have all of us, not each other. She never had to get close to him to tell him words of encouragement. She did not have to kiss lion-o on the cheek right in front of tygra. If she liked tygra, why hurt him. Even tygra thought she chose lion-o.

I don't think it is over. Longer animes never show the ending relationships in the begining.

The actress said she would go for the higher good. Higher good is not to send mix singals. The crew picked up on what she was doing to him.

You're right, lion-o has not shut up once and tried to understand how cheetara feels about the loss of jaga or any of her feelings. Maybe he will realize that she is in a tough situation with them both and talk to her about it and try to understand who she is and how she is feeling.

She was was supposedly sleeping.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #860
L08e16o
Quote:
She had already left the tank when he said "just like the sword chose me, so will Cheetara" and it was addressed to Tygra after they had argued, i believe.
You don't think she didn't hear him?

Lion-o saying that and may the best cat win, is just stupid.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #861
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
You don't think she didn't hear him?

Lion-o saying that and may the best cat win, is just stupid.
She most likely did,but probably didn't care since she had made her choice yers ago and doesn't care what Lion-o says, since it's not true about her choosing him. But something else strikes me as odd: Why didn't she ever say anything about Tygra's problems with Lion-o? Besides the "you need to believe in him" part, she never mentions anything else that he needs to work out, and then there's still the shadow thing.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #862
L08e16o
Quote:
She most likely did,but probably didn't care since she had made her choice yers ago and doesn't care what Lion-o says, since it's not true about her choosing him. But something else strikes me as odd: Why didn't she ever say anything about Tygra's problems with Lion-o? Besides the "you need to believe in him" part, she never mentions anything else that he needs to work out, and then there's still the shadow thing.
I think she would have said something. I think cheetara is a better person than that. If that was true, then she knowingly led lion-o on. If she sees lion-o standing there, what can she say. She could have taken care of it earlier.

That I don't know. Even if Lion-o never taunt tygra, his jealousy was being feuled by L/C interactions. As a guy, I would think cheetara was really into lion-o.

I forget the thing abou the shadown. Can you summarize it please?

I always thougth lion-o walked in tygra's shadown. If lion-o is never born, then tygra is king. Their father loved him (tygra) and so did the people.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 04:19 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #863
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I think she would have said something. If she sees lion-o standing there, what can she say. She could have taken care of it earlier.

That I don't know. Even if Lion-o never taunt tygra, his jealousy was being feuled by L/C interactions. As a guy, I would think cheetara was really into lion-o.

I forget the thing abou the shadown. Can you summarize it please?

I always thougth lion-o walked in tygra's shadown. If lion-o is never born, then tygra is king. Their fahter loved him and so did the people.
Lion-o: Tygra's always had this darkness in him
Cheetara: He's lived in your shadow his whole life
Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #864
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Tygra is a very confidant person. I think he would have found away. He wink at a cleric.

No one is saying they are in love. The staff said Lion-o feels very strongly about cheetara, but doesn't love her. They wouldn't comment about T/C.

Her interacton with lion-o started in episode one. He was not going to be king at the point in time. She could have said you have all of us, not each other. She never had to get close to him to tell him words of encouragement. She did not have to kiss lion-o on the cheek right in front of tygra. If she liked tygra, why hurt him. Even tygra thought she chose lion-o.

I don't think it is over. Longer animes never show the ending relationships in the begining.

The actress said she would go for the higher good. Higher good is not to send mix singals. The crew picked up on what she was doing to him.

You're right, lion-o has not shut up once and tried to understand how cheetara feels about the loss of jaga or any of her feelings. Maybe he will realize that she is in a tough situation with them both and talk to her about it and try to understand her.

She was was supposedly sleeping.
Tygra's confidence is a false confidence. He's been overcompensating since day one, because he feels inferior about his place in his family. He feels being better then Lion-O will make everyone forget that he is not a Lion. That he is NOT Claudus' biological son. The Tygra Thunder Thursday article goes into this.
Also in Into the Astral Plan, Tygra clearly has NO confidence when it comes to Cheetara. He couldn't even sit by her when they were children, and had to tip toe to give her his gift. He says that he's always been invisible to Cheetara. Makes sense. A lot of the OS fans thought Tygra was a more shy cat.

We still don't know the circumstances behind why she was following him in episode one.
She said "we have each other in episode 4. When she said it, I thought she meant we have each other as in her and the rest of the group. See how differently we interpreted that line of dialog. Even if she meant her specifically, that doesn't guarantee that she had romantic implications . She could have meant, "I'm here behind you, every step of the way because I believe you can do it".
A kiss on the cheek has lost all of its sexual appeal. Relatives kiss on the cheek. Friends kiss on the cheek. Strangers kiss on the cheek. Hand holding has gotten more intimate then cheek kissing.
If she didn't see anything remotely romantic about the kiss, then how would she know it would affect Tygra? We dont even know if she knew at that point in time that Tygra had feelings for her. Someone said her VA mentions that Cheetara does for the better of the group. How would being romantic with Lion-O in the presence of his older brother benefit the group? To me that supports the idea that she had no clue anyone was interpreting her intentions that way. Not that she needs to hide how she feels. If she wants to hide her feelings for the better of the group, it would suck for her, but its her deal.

Longer anime cartoons dont show relationships in the begining? Young Justice has Superboy and Miss Martian in a commited relationship by episode 11.

Do you have a link to the staff talking about the relationships? I thought
S/he said love was a strong word. Did they answer more questions ?

Last edited by Chique; 12-13-2011 at 04:27 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #865
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-o: Tygra's always had this darkness in him
Cheetara: He's lived in your shadow his whole life
Thanks.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #866
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
They didn't answer any more questions, and the question is asked wasn't put in their blog, just answered to my old tumblr that was deleted. But they said verbatim: "Love is a strong word."
Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #867
L08e16o
Quote:
Tygra's confidence is a false confidence. He's been overcompensating since day one, because he feels inferior about his place in his family. He feels being better then Lion-O will make everyone forget that he is not a Lion. That he is NOT Claudus' biological son. The Tygra Thunder Thursday article goes into this.

We still don't know the circumstances behind why she was following him in episode one.
She said "we have each other in episode 4. When she said it, I thought she meant we have each other as in her and the rest of the group. See how differently we interpreted that line of dialog. Even if she meant her specifically, that doesn't guarantee that she had romantic implications . She could have meant, "I'm here behind you, every step of the way because I believe you can do it".
A kiss on the cheek has lost all of its sexual appeal. Relatives kiss on the cheek. Friends kiss on the cheek. Strangers kiss on the cheek. Hand holding has gotten more intimate then cheek kissing.
If she didn't see anything remotely romantic about the kiss, then how would she know it would affect Tygra? We dont even know if she knew at that point in time that Tygra had feelings for her. Someone said her VA mentions that Cheetara does for the better of the group. How would being romantic with Lion-O in the presence of his older brother benefit the group? To me that supports the idea that she had no clue anyone was interpreting her intentions that way. Not that she needs to hide how she feels. If she wants to hide her feelings for the better of the group, it would suck for her, but its her deal.

Longer anime cartoons dont show relationships in the begining? Young Justice has Superboy and Miss Martian in a commited relationship by episode 11.

Hollowdheart asked about Lion-o loves cheetara. She also asked about T/C with no comment, unless she received something. It was in this forum.

cmangund posted about lion-o feels strongly about cheetara from the producer.

I have not watched young justice. Did they build the relationship up?

I am talking animes in general. You can start from Robotech to Gundam. My point it is they have 39 episodes to play with this. They will not allow to go to waste.

tygra might feel insecure about not being a lion, but he is very confidant in being better than lion-o. From battle to women. I would hope L/T conflict is not over. You can't dismiss feelings that built up over years.

One more thing. It might be unfair to cheetara, but if others are interpeting L/C how can she not see it. In the context of episode 4. That was ripe with a romantic situation. They were by theirselves, she touched his hand and said they had each other. The producer put that in there for a reason. She smiled at him after he said do we. If snarf was not a hater, I say they kiss.

When he said do we, he was referring to them. She could have stop it right there, but she was along for the ride and smile back. Heck adults would have taken that the wrong way.

If this happen to tygra, I would be saying the samething for tygra.

When she was falling him around, why show herself.

This show is aimed at kids, teenagers, and adults. Kids would not understand that. OS fans would not understand that, they have the money to spend. There is a difference with kissing people that you have no past history with. I know no one that would kiss someone without knowing them. They don't want people to read them the wrong way. Guys would take cheetara's, that she likes them. The women I know will not flirt with a guys that they don't know. To many fights of jealousy. Remember too, lion-o is king. Why would a cleric risk that if there is nothing there. If she was devoted to her king, she would be honest from the start. If we are going to use life situations, a king would have her head if they felt she betrayed them.

It is one thing to say kisses and holding hands don't mean anything, but the situation does. I am not trying to be bad, but that part in episode 4 could be a Cialis commerical. The mood was right. Sorry if I was a pig on that. The producers didn't want it right now, so snarf came in and busted up the party.

Like cmangund writer friend said she felt guilty and went to tygra. How much longer can cheetara hold together with all this going on. I hope we find more about cheetara in the next epiosdes.

The producer said we will find out why she follows lion-o around.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 05:02 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #868
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Hollowdheart asked about Lion-o loves cheetara. She also asked about T/C with no comment, unless she received something. It was in this forum.

cmangund posted about lion-o feels strongly about cheetara from the producer.

I am talking animes in general. You can start from Robotech to Gundam. My point it is they have 39 episodes to play with this. They will not allow to go to waste.

tygra might feel insecure about not being a lion, but he is very confidant in being better than lion-o. From battle to women. I would hope L/T conflict is not over. You can't dismiss feelings that built up over years.
The build up of that relationship wasn't well received by the general fandom. Most people thought it was rushed with Superboy only showing ROMANTIC interest at the very last moment. Personally, I like to see why two people should belong together BEFORE the relationship. It was a little like Cheet-O in that respect( and like TyChee with cramming everything in ). We got to see wht Miss Martian was good for Superboy, bot not the other way around. She was good at calming him down, but how is he good for her?
I can see why Cheetara would be good for Lion-O, but not why Lion-O would be good for Cheetara. I can see why Tygra could be good for Cheetara but not why she would be good for Tygra. This takes development and growth. Time. All of her support of Lion-O just made me see how one sided it was. It also made her look kind of flat character wise.

We know you support him, but what else? She kinda sounded like a 2nd grade school teacher to me. Always encouraging but never putting it out there. Mostly because she is trying to build confidence. If she never finds fault in Lion-O or calls him out on some of the more silly stuff he does, then he will remain static. There will be no potential to grow. At least not in the context of their relationship.
A strong crush. It would need to be, or the finale of season one wouldn't work right. If it was minuscule then he wouldn't have stood there with that look on his face. I know he's hurt by this, but do I think he should go crazy from it ? Nyah.

At the end of the day, the only thing that would have to change is her approach to Lion-O. Now that she knows he's been reading her wrong, she will be more aware of herself. She can still be supportive without being a girlfriend.

I know Lion-O and Tygra have a rift. Its an age old conflict, whose better the Lion or the Tiger? I think this conflict could be a nod to that. I dont expect Tygra to not be confrontational. It'll be there but I think it will be brought down a bit because of the lesson he learned in the AP. Otherwise BB would have been a waist of time.
As for the Love triangle, I wont say anything is settled. For all we know Tygra and Cheetara chose not to pursue anything beyond that kiss.
This is a american cartoon based on an old action series. I'm not expecting all that much romance. Some but not day time soap opera levels.

As for episode 4, It looked like she may have been leaning it, but we may never know. It could have been another opportunity for her to not be aware of how he was reading her. LOl. Snark the cock block. We all know Tygra hurled him at them.

You can apply a lot of what you said to the TyChee relationship as well. They have some form of relationship from a shared past. Why would the writers want to let that go down the drain ? Tygra knows more about Cheetara then Lion-O. He knows her biggest dreams and desires. He knows she can be a bit cocky and stubborn to fault. She sees that he's been living in his little brothers shadow. They have the necessary stuff to build a relationship too. In the context of romantic cartoons/animes.

You cant hold all women to your standards, You cant hold anyone to a preconceived ideal you had before you met them. Sure society has its norms, but we are all individuals . You say kids ( the target audience) wont understand it, but then by that logic her going to Lion-O after her scene with Tygra would be confusing as I dont know what. This show is not being written for OS fans. Not unless those fans are between the ages of 6-12.

Why would CHeetara need to lie about her feelings to Tygra if none were there? . SHe could have just turned him down, after all he was ready for it. That would have made her feelings really clear. Lying about something like that would only cause more pain and confusion

Last edited by Chique; 12-13-2011 at 06:00 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #869
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Young justice has Superboy & Miss Martian relationship (more obvious) and
Artemis and Kid Flash relationship (not that obvious) both building. Artemis is also attracted a bit to Superboy by complementing his looks.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-13-2011 at 06:42 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #870
L08e16o
Quote:
The build up of that relationship wasn't well received by the general fandom. Most people thought it was rushed with Superboy only showing ROMANTIC interest at the very last moment. Personally, I like to see why two people should belong together BEFORE the relationship. It was a little like Cheet-O in that respect( and like TyChee with cramming everything in ). We got to see wht Miss Martian was good for Superboy, bot not the other way around. She was good at calming him down, but how is he good for her?
I can see why Cheetara would be good for Lion-O, but not why Lion-O would be good for Cheetara. I can see why Tygra could be good for Cheetara but not why she would be good for Tygra. This takes development and growth. Time. All of her support of Lion-O just made me see how one sided it was. It also made her look kind of flat character wise.

We know you support him, but what else? She kinda sounded like a 2nd grade school teacher to me. Always encouraging but never putting it out there. Mostly because she is trying to build confidence. If she never finds fault in Lion-O or calls him out on some of the more silly stuff he does, then he will remain static. There will be no potential to grow. At least not in the context of their relationship.
A strong crush. It would need to be, or the finale of season one wouldn't work right. If it was minuscule then he wouldn't have stood there with that look on his face. I know he's hurt by this, but do I think he should go crazy from it ? Nyah.

At the end of the day, the only thing that would have to change is her approach to Lion-O. Now that she knows he's been reading her wrong, she will be more aware of herself. She can still be supportive without being a girlfriend.

I know Lion-O and Tygra have a rift. Its an age old conflict, whose better the Lion or the Tiger? I think this conflict could be a nod to that. I dont expect Tygra to not be confrontational. It'll be there but I think it will be brought down a bit because of the lesson he learned in the AP. Otherwise BB would have been a waist of time.
As for the Love triangle, I wont say anything is settled. For all we know Tygra and Cheetara chose not to pursue anything beyond that kiss.
This is a american cartoon based on an old action series. I'm not expecting all that much romance. Some but not day time soap opera levels.

As for episode 4, It looked like she may have been leaning it, but we may never know. It could have been another opportunity for her to not be aware of how he was reading her. LOl. Snark the cock block. We all know Tygra hurled him at them.

You can apply a lot of what you said to the TyChee relationship as well. They have some form of relationship from a shared past. Why would the writers want to let that go down the drain ? Tygra knows more about Cheetara then Lion-O. He knows her biggest dreams and desires. He knows she can be a bit cocky and stubborn to fault. She sees that he's been living in his little brothers shadow. They have the necessary stuff to build a relationship too. In the context of romantic cartoons/animes.

You cant hold all women to your standards, You cant hold anyone to a preconceived ideal you had before you met them. Sure society has its norms, but we are all individuals . You say kids ( the target audience) wont understand it, but then by that logic her going to Lion-O after her scene with Tygra would be confusing as I dont know what. This show is not being written for OS fans. Not unless those fans are between the ages of 6-12.

Why would CHeetara need to lie about her feelings to Tygra if none were there? . SHe could have just turned him down, after all he was ready for it. That would have made her feelings really clear. Lying about something like that would only cause more pain and confusion
Thank you, I wanted to say CBing. I just didn't know if that would be received well. LOVE the line about tygra hurling snarf at them!!

I don't have standards for people, but you have to be honest. If I don't trust you, I don't hear you or respect you. I had to learn that the hard way.

I do to like the development of relationships and not rushes. Tygra was a rush. L/C was going well, I think lion-o would have been more direct. A lot of anime has a weak male lead who overcomes is weakness and goes for the lead female.

Lion-o is not good for anyone now.

How could lion-o get over it, he was not looking to just hook up. We want lion-o to get over something like this, but tygra couldn't. Tygra had years to deal with his insecurities, but lion-o has to do that in a couple episodes. That is not realistic. Men always fight over women, that will never change.

Lion-o was attracted to cheetara at first, then it grew to stronger feelings. That wasn't a flash in the pan. You can't get rid of that.

That was a romantic setting in E4, no way around it.

I think she has feelings for both, but feels guilty over what tygra did years ago for her. I am hoping they see him standing there. That will make a lot of drama. It would be one way to get everything in the opening.
I think she didn't turn him down because she felt guilty.

The orginal fans are older adults, they have more money to spend. That is what this is all about in the end of it. Even my dad is a OS fan.

It would be logical to go to lion-o, as you said tygra was ready to move on. She lets lion-o down and goes to tygra, that covers her to allow to express her true feelings.

If cheetara was sounding like a second school teacher, man I wish she was one of my teachers. If that is what she was then she has no respect for lion-o, she was treating him like a kid. That is not true.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 07:18 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #871
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Artemis and Kid Flash relationship (not that obvious) both building.
So they been building from the start?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #872
cmangund
Quote:
yes but no triangle mess that I know of.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #873
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Artemis and Kid Flash relationship (not that obvious) both building.
Most of the building has been after the relationship.We actually had to accept that most of their closeness came from the fact that they lived with each other. Off screen.

I still think its terrible one sided with MM helping SB grow and develop. Most of its really just lovey dovey teen stuff as of now. Lots of teeny bopper flirting and touching. Sigh, the romantic in me was disappointed.

It was obvious that MM was infatuated from the beginning. Superboy looked rather non-pulsed by it up until he kissed her.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #874
cmangund
Quote:
Greig Weisman is the main producer of the Young Justice show he made Gargoyles cartoon before that, and there was a love triangle there, So Maybe they will add love triangel later on Young Justice.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #875
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanund View Post
Greig Weisman is the main producer of the Young Justice show he made Gargoyles cartoon before that, and there was a love triangle there, So Maybe they will add love triangel later on Young Justice.
hopes its done better than the thundercats love triangles.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #876
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
hopes its done better than the thundercats love triangles.
Well in Gargyoles cartoon the final pairing is the main pairing that started from the beginning before the love triangle. so yeah it ended good.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #877
L08e16o
Quote:
So most of the show have relationships building then they throw in another, right?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #878
L08e16o
Quote:
Well in Gargyoles cartoon the final pairing is the main pairing that started from the beginning before the love triangle. so yeah it ended good.
See, that is where I think this is going.

Why not bring in the flashback in E6. Then let it build up to E13. That would have more emotion to it.

It was like lion-o and cheetara needs a chage up (tygra).
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #879
cmangund
Quote:
Maybe if it was Greg Weisman that's handling thundercats it will ended with Lion-O/Cheetara.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #880
cmangund
Quote:
See, that is where I think this is going.

Why not bring in the flashback in E6. Then let it build up to E13. That would have more emotion to it.

It was like lion-o and cheetara needs a chage up (tygra).
But Greg is not involved in any way with tcats only Sam Register.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #881
cmangund
Quote:
So most of the show have relationships building then they throw in another, right?
Yes that is correct.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #882
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe if it was Greg Weisman that's handling thundercats it will ended with Lion-O/Cheetara.
I just don't have much confidence with these writers after the last 2 episodes.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #883
L08e16o
Quote:
But Greg is not involved in any way with tcats only Sam Register.
I still think they will not play their hand so soon. How much DC cartoons are out there compared to TC.

I am hoping E14 we see flashbacks of Cheetara and at the end see T/C see lion-o standing there while they were kissing.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #884
L08e16o
[QUOTE=cmangund;24276]Yes that is correct.[/QUOT

Thanks.

I mean how do you take "if you invest in each episode you will get more out of it"?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #885
cmangund
Quote:
Greg also pissed off a lot of fans when adding the love triangle
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #886
L08e16o
Quote:
A lot of people are feeling that way. E14 will determine if they drop the series or not. There are a lot of people who don't watch cartoons, but the TC are different.

Lot of people have been waiting for L/C.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #887
cmangund
[QUOTE=L08e16o;24279]
Quote:
Yes that is correct.[/QUOT

Thanks.

I mean how do you take "if you invest in each episode you will get more out of it"?
Yeah eventough it was Tygra and Cheetara at the end of episode 13 it still add development to Lion-O/Cheetara thing, it will make Lion-O's feeling go up to the surface and really relizing it.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #888
L08e16o
[QUOTE=cmangund;24282]
Quote:

Yeah eventough it was Tygra and Cheetara at the end of episode 13 it still add development to Lion-O/Cheetara thing, it will make Lion-O's feeling go up to the surface and really relizing it.
If I was lion-o, I would have said "So that is how it is".

I think it will make him more serious. I think he will be more mature about it. I don't think he will give up on her. She is the first person to show some type of affetion to him and believe in him. That means a lot.

If they (L/C) were went to be, then it will withstand this.

I know there are arguments over what cheetara was doing, but I think they have something more than a momment in the past. To me they were connecting.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 07:15 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #889
cmangund
I still cannot find any more clues on the net for Tygra and most of my contacts and friends already on leave for holiday season. looks like I cannot asked outside help for awhile, I still I will try to analze Tygra's Character with the pathetic very little amount of data, and the episodes. But I do no want to watch the episode 13 ending scene again it is too "horrific" for me, I will get stomach ache again like the first time, so with ep 13 I will only add to the analyzing based only on my memory. will take a lot of my time definelty.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #890
stormbringer
Since Lion-o will likely distance himself from his brother and Cheetara he should get battle training from Panthro beat Tygra in a fight to show cheetara what she missed out on (just kidding about the last part)

Last edited by stormbringer; 12-13-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #891
cmangund
[QUOTE=L08e16o;24283]
Quote:

I know there are arguments over what cheetara was doing, but I think they have something more than a momment in the past. To me they were connecting.
Lion-O and Cheetara are connected I am sure L08e16o. You SOO connection theory really clicks, big time to me, at least.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #892
L08e16o
Quote:
I still cannot find any more clues on the net for Tygra and most of my contacts and friends already on leave for holiday season. looks like I cannot asked outside help for awhile, I still I will try to analze Tygra's Character with the pathetic very little amount of data, and the episodes. But I do no want to watch the episode 13 ending scene again it is too "horrific" for me, I will get stomach ache again like the first time, so with ep 13 I will only add to the analyzing based only on my memory.
I was excited about the Steelers winning and know I don't care after I saw that ending. I rewatched it again after I was mad.

From a man perspective. Tygra has fought the feeling that he should be king, but he is not a lion. I think he was crushed when lion-o was born, so from there he wanted to beat him and prove he was the most worthy. He tried to kill him. I don't think tygra has deep feelings for cheetara. His feelings for her came out of jealousy. He saw it that cheetara was becoming closer, he didn't want to lose out to the last peice of thunderia. He lost the kingship, he was not about to lose her. This guy is a prince, he could have gone looking for her. I think if L/C didn't have something going on, I don't think tygra would have gone after cheetara. They threw in the flashback to show why he was jealous.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #893
L08e16o
Quote:
Since Lion-o will likely distance himself from his brother and Cheetara he should get battle training from Panthro beat Tygra in a fight to show cheetara what she missed out on (just kidding about the last part)
He is going to have to understand cheetara more. He is going to have stop doing all the talking. He should tell her about how he feels and let her talk and listen.

I don't know how lion-o will handle it.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #894
cmangund
Quote:
I still think they will not play their hand so soon. How much DC cartoons are out there compared to TC.
I think the only one with the most same staff mainly Register and J.M. DeMatteis is WB's and DC's Justice League.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #895
L08e16o
[QUOTE=cmangund;24286]
Quote:

Lion-O and Cheetara are connected I am sure L08e16o. You SOO connection theory really clicks, big time to me, at least.
She is connected to the sword and lion-o. Her eyes glow yellow, the other cats don't.

I think she is the guardian of the sword and it picked her.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #896
L08e16o
Quote:
I think the only one with the most same staff mainly Register and J.M. DeMatteis is WB's and DC's Justice League.
I should have said how many DC cartoons are out there like batman and others. There are a lot to please those fans.

This is the only TC anime. Most fans knew about OS before this one. That is why the L/C thing is causing riff.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 07:33 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #897
cmangund
Quote:
I was excited about the Steelers winning and know I don't care after I saw that ending. I rewatched it again after I was mad.

From a man perspective. Tygra has fought the feeling that he should be king, but he is not a lion. I think he was crushed when lion-o was born, so from there he wanted to beat him and prove he was the most worthy. He tried to kill him. I don't think tygra has deep feelings for cheetara. His feelings for her came out of jealousy. He saw it that cheetara was becoming closer, he didn't want to lose out to the last peice of thunderia. He lost the kingship, he was not about to lose her. This guy is a prince, he could have gone looking for her. I think if L/C didn't have something going on, I don't think tygra would have gone after cheetara.
episode 1 and 2 did show early attraction between Lion-O and Cheetara. Tygra already knew Cheetara was that Cleric.
The crew confirmed that the one who said "Cheetara!?" "She's a cleric!?" was Lion-O not Tygra, Tygra just suprised that she is still alive. Point is Tygra already knew that Cheetara was that paticular cleric, he could have flirted with her more before Lion-O does but it looked like cheetara never really answer his flirting otherwise they could have already been together early on before even Lion-O knows her, this agrees with the cheetara conflicted feelings theory.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #898
L08e16o
[QUOTE=cmangund;24282]
Quote:

I hope that happens in E14.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #899
cmangund
[QUOTE=L08e16o;24293]
Quote:

I hope that happens in E14.
Let us hope. and point is Ep 13 does not conflict with jelenic's invest comments.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #900
stormbringer
The problem with the triangle is that for 11 episodes the only "romantic" scenes we saw were with L/C. Then in the 12th episode we get a short flashback, and all of a sudden in the next show we get a T/C kiss, its just very abrupt an strange, like a last minute script change almost.