TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
First of I have never had such a strange emotion mix of excited and confusion as I have now.

I love the old silverhawks cartoon and would love a chance to get a set of the core silverhawks good guys as well as a chance at getting the first mon star figure in that form since i think the only one available was when he got transformed by the moon star.

Here is my problem I only ever had one vintage silverhawk but i was 5 years old and the vaccume metalized cooper kid i had was fragile and ended up in pieces never had another one.

So do I display silverhawks with my new thundercats or do they belong on a shelf all there own.

And I never watched tigersharks nor had any toys but ive seen vintage tigersharks and they actually look really cool so Im excited about this prospect.

So are you guys planning on displaying your silverhawks and tigersharks alongside your thundercats or will they be getting there own shelfs?
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Ratslash
Thunder Kitty
Probably together, mainly because they incorporated them all in the new cartoon, and also because Im running out of shelf space.
Ratslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
jmfoxfire
Thunder Kitty
that would be awesome if they made silverhawks pjs with wings on it for kids and adults
jmfoxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
I'm getting rid of my silverhawks
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
Catsfan85
Thunder Kitty
Am I mistaken or were "Tigersharks" featured in the last episode as some of the slave animals aboard Mumm-Ra's ship? (The swimming guys.) I could swear they were called Tigersharks. Am I wrong?
Catsfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
SaberKat
New Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan85 View Post
Am I mistaken or were "Tigersharks" featured in the last episode as some of the slave animals aboard Mumm-Ra's ship? (The swimming guys.) I could swear they were called Tigersharks. Am I wrong?
You're right those were the Tigersharks. Also Mon*Star from Silverhawks made an appearance too (he was on Mumm-Ra's screen).

Last edited by SaberKat; 09-05-2011 at 10:17 PM..
SaberKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 AM   #7
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Silverhawks! Oh man, I'd be in vintage heaven. I still remember my first silverhawk. My oldest brother bought two of them for me for christmas with the money he saved from his first job. That was the first year he started buying gifts for my other brother and I, and it meant so much because we never expected anything. Does anyone know if anyone is rereleasing the silverhawks line? I'd love to see a Classics set of those like the Thundercats Classics.
rchrz60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
stormywaters
Samophlange
We may see some Tigersharks on the show, but I don't hold out much hope for the Silverhawks, as if humanity were still around on Earth with that kind of tech, they'd probably be the dominant species
stormywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
Saint Phe
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormywaters View Post
We may see some Tigersharks on the show, but I don't hold out much hope for the Silverhawks, as if humanity were still around on Earth with that kind of tech, they'd probably be the dominant species
I don't think it's definite in the new series that Third Earth is the same planet as our Earth. You would think that it is, but we know very little about it at this point.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrz60 View Post
Silverhawks! Oh man, I'd be in vintage heaven. I still remember my first silverhawk. My oldest brother bought two of them for me for christmas with the money he saved from his first job. That was the first year he started buying gifts for my other brother and I, and it meant so much because we never expected anything. Does anyone know if anyone is rereleasing the silverhawks line? I'd love to see a Classics set of those like the Thundercats Classics.
Don't expect any Silverhawks stuff unless they get featured in the new cartoon, or maybe get their own (unlikely at this very moment)

I really don't see how to "properly" incorporate Silverhawks into the existing show AS IS. BUT, the establishment of interstellar starships in this fiction opens up the possibility of maybe the Tcats going off into space for a while (maybe to "return" the various stolen magic stones?). In that scenario, I think the likelyhood of a Silverhawks appearance increases exponentially.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
If they can work Mandora in they'd be able to work Silverhawks in. A space cop is a space cop. This show has a mix of magic and tech and has already established that there was, at least at one time, advanced tech on other planets. I'd imagine that there are other planets would've kept advancing technology and wouldn't have reverted to a feudal society.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Are you kidding me, this is one of the easiest story fillers available. They can say that there was an Ice Age or something that caused the Silverhawks to leave the planet. They obivously could because they have the tech. They have used to monitor the planet, but started to give up hope that it was inhabitable. It wasn't until the Battle caused by Grune that the silverhawks equipment even registered, and now they are returning to investigate.

BOOM, Bobs your uncle, SilverHawks can now be regulars on the show!

Ok I covered that for everyone, now I want a SilverHaws Classics Line!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #13
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
So I went back and re-watched this episode, the only SilverHawks reference that I could see was Mon-Star, and I was wondering if I miss something? I noticed the TigerSharks, and I know they referenced the Vulturemen, looking more like birds now, but I didn't actually see a SilverHawk.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #14
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrz60 View Post
So I went back and re-watched this episode, the only SilverHawks reference that I could see was Mon-Star, and I was wondering if I miss something? I noticed the TigerSharks, and I know they referenced the Vulturemen, looking more like birds now, but I didn't actually see a SilverHawk.
Nah the actual Silverhawks weren't in the episode. Just Mon*star.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #15
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Ok I thought maybe I was missing something. I wouldn't mind seeing them though, I think it would be a great way for Bandi to expand their empire even further if you think about it.