TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #51
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Why jump to bad writing though? I feel like we were suppose to get that impression from that scene. For most of the clip, he is her "little Prince", but she switches it up when her biological child is on the way.

In the comic, Cheetara and Tygra's twins had spots and stripes. Real life hybrids also have features from both parents.

By the way, I'm still open to it being something else.
Calling it bad writing is too strong of wording, especially on this board where it's a complaint that is associated with the end of the world as we know it. My main point is I think it's supposed to be 'children's visual shorthand.' I don't think we're supposed to think she suddenly started ignoring her first son. It's just an establishing moment that was done quickly and somewhat harshly because it's a kid show.

That's my point. By 'bad writing' I wasn't really trying to link it to all the other complaints, just say I think they could have done it with a little more subtlety.

Yeah, I've seen their kids. It's just all the romance made me wonder. They always say the king has to be a lion. So is a lion SUPPOSED to marry another lion? Or is it just that they've all happened to marry lions before and no one really cares? I'm sure I'm over-analyzing. It's just finally seeing his mom combined with the romance and bloodline stuff makes me curious.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #52
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I have to say Lion-O's mother looks hot.

I wonder if the Tiger Clan being cursed has something to do with Tygra's ancestor Tygus' association with Mumm-Ra.

I hope Lion-O recruits the Tiger Clan into the Thundercats because they need to expand their ranks. I also hope Bengali is in this one.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #53
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Calling it bad writing is too strong of wording, especially on this board where it's a complaint that is associated with the end of the world as we know it. My main point is I think it's supposed to be 'children's visual shorthand.' I don't think we're supposed to think she suddenly started ignoring her first son. It's just an establishing moment that was done quickly and somewhat harshly because it's a kid show.

That's my point. By 'bad writing' I wasn't really trying to link it to all the other complaints, just say I think they could have done it with a little more subtlety.
No need to soften the "blow". "Bad writing" is "bad writing" no matter what the "level of assness" is.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #54
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
No need to soften the "blow". "Bad writing" is "bad writing" no matter what the "level of assness" is.
Glee! I'm so happy we still have this dead horse to beat! Think of all it accomplishes!
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #55
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Glee! I'm so happy we still have this dead horse to beat! Think of all it accomplishes!
Unfortunately Jelenic has "heard" nothing from "the librarian"...
"Bad news" travel faster than "good news", in this TCATS universe.

Last edited by cmangund; 04-13-2012 at 10:19 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #56
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:

Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #57
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
HEY! You show some goddamn respect! "Librarian" should be capitalized. It's a title.
Ah hit a "Nerve" didn't I.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #58
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
This will definitely be an interesting episode to watch in it's entirety. Tygra was absolutely adorable as an infant. Makes it all the more sad when you see him realize what having a little brother will mean.

What appear to be the four ancient spirits of evil in the one still (the one with the purple smoke stuff), makes me wonder what's really going on with this clan of tigers. Maybe they're actually those purple bat things in disguise, attempting to fool Tygra, or something along those lines.

Also, it's really nice to see the queen. She's pretty much what I was guessing she would be like. Her being the one who decided to bring Tygra in as their child makes sense. I doubt Claudus would have done so if it was left to him.

Slightly off topic, but I'm slowly becoming more of a Tygra fan. Panthro's still cool, but this new Tygra is grabbing my attention more than I would have thought. He never really did interest me much in the original.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #59
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
What appear to be the four ancient spirits of evil in the one still (the one with the purple smoke stuff), makes me wonder what's really going on with this clan of tigers. Maybe they're actually those purple bat things in disguise, attempting to fool Tygra, or something along those lines.
That is insidiously brilliant, I never considered that. Maybe they attacked the Tiger clan years ago which is why Tygra was sent away.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #60
RazorclawX
Campaign Oracle
If the Ancient Spirits of evil are supposed to be a Lizard, Bird, Jackal, and Monkey, what is that thing between the Jackal and the Monkey? (assuming from left to right, Jackal, <whatever>, Monkey, Lizard)
RazorclawX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #61
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorclawX View Post
If the Ancient Spirits of evil are supposed to be a Lizard, Bird, Jackal, and Monkey, what is that thing between the Jackal and the Monkey? (assuming from left to right, Jackal, <whatever>, Monkey, Lizard)
I think that's the Vulture. Those things on his back are his (skeletal) wings.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #62
RedAlert Rescue
Thunder Kitty
All the links on Youtube are bogus ones - I really hate when that happens.

Hopefully I can find somewhere to watch it before to long.
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #63
Lion-O*
Thunder Kitty
Great episode! I love the backstory. Lion-O's mom , Tygra's dad.
The ending of the episode...kind of a neat little way to return everything back to "normal" - they COULD have had the tigers stick around...but then the Thundercats wouldnt be outnumbered as badly etc...
Lion-O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #64
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
i really enjoyed this episode...more than some of the previous ones lately...
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #65
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Good episode. A little sad though with his mom and the tigers. I would have like to have seen the tigers stick around. Maybe have brought them back when all of the animals are finally united but oh well.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #66
merlin
wizard
who is tyra ;s real birth mother in this ep
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #67
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
who is tyra ;s real birth mother in this ep
Everyone's assuming she was killed off in the plague. Sucks to be a mom in this show
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #68
WilyKatfan
Thunder Kitty
and a Dad.
WilyKatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #69
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
So now I'm assuming that if and when Begali show's up he's part of a sect of the Tiger Clan that was cut off when the illness hit.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #70
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Good episode

Expect the issue of Lion-o's mother dying during childbirth of Lion-o to come back up again as cause a rift between him and Tygra
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #71
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Some pretty mature themes here too
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #72
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Lets see, the heir to the throne is always the first born. This has nothing to do with adoption.

She raised him for a while, I don't think she would change that fast. I think this is a writer thing.

Maybe they couldn't have kids then.
when it's the same bloodline the first born is always the heir, but in this case the older sibling is not part of that line so the rules change. the throne then goes to the biological first born which is lion-o. this sort of situation is not very common but in most royal families this is how it would most likely go down.
even if lion-o never existed tygra may not have been the automatic next in line. if claudus had a brother he may haved claimed the throne since tygra was adopted. but ultimately it's up to whoever is the king and who he wants to be his heir. kings usually get what they want, and it seems like claudus was ok with tygra being king since he had no biological sons.
spike78a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #73
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Is that really what happens? Once you adopt a kid, s/he is just as much your child as the child who came from your body. If s/he cant see it that way, then maybe she shouldn't have adopted him.
just because she stopped herself from saying "my prince" and then called tygra "my darling" doesn't mean she loved tygra any less than she would a biological child. i'm sure she would have loved tygra just as much as lion-o.
all she did was that she stopped calling him my prince. she knew claudus would want to keep the bloodline intact. and as to avoid any future confusion i guess she felt tygra should know from the outset that he would most likely not be king and calling him my darling was the first step in instilling that fact to the young tygra.
spike78a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #74
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
I really enjoyed this episode. As a matter of fact, I look forward to watching this every Saturday with my 5yo. I never imagined back in 1985 or so that I would be watching Cats over 25 years later with a child of my own!
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #75
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
There is a discussion thread for the episode...http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat...-thread-16817/
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #76
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Yepp, don't forget whose main target this show is.

Quote:

Old 04-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #77
sasuke uchiha
Thunder Kitty
i can't believe people are complaining about the writing lol!! Have you seen the original series............THE GARDEN OF DELIGHTS, go watch that episode!
sasuke uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #78
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I really liked this episode. It really made you realize why Tygra hated Lion-o so much. You knew it was about the thrown but it also was because of their mother. He sort of blames Lion-o for taking everything away from him. I really hope we see the "Snow man of Hook mountain" soon, that really looked like the path of the episode in the beginning but it went a whole new, cool way for me.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #79
Shannonchad
Thunder Kitty
I loved this ep. Love getting background stories of the cats. Love this show... I suspend my adult analytical brain and just enjoy the great animation, beautiful score and the fact I get to see an updated version of my beloved Thundercats from my childhood. I actually really am enjoying the story telling...
Shannonchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #80
SPINMASTER X
Chameleon Souljah
I could nitpick this episode but this was one where you have to just watch it for what it is and ignore everything else. I really do feel that this episode should have been a bit longer though but I still really enjoyed it.
SPINMASTER X is offline   Reply With Quote