TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #251
stac
Thunder Kitty
If this Daniel Norton has any control over the story then it would explain then it would explain the horrendous inconsistencies on this show.

His excuses basically amounted to:
1) It all happened off screen
2) It occurred in the past but wasn’t shown
3) There was really no triangle anyway

One of the strongest criticisms was that there was practically no worthwhile interaction between Tygra and Cheetara which could serve as a legitimate basis for her decision to choose him. He just avoids this.
If I remember correctly, it is not even shown that they had previous contact until episode 12!

And did he forget that the “triangle” was used to build up the advertising hype (e.g. interviews with VAs)?

If having Tygra and Cheetara together is so important, at least do it believably, without ruining a huge aspect of the show.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #252
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
He's the Art Director. He has input on the stories, and is in the meetings and stuff when they come up with them so he helps bounce around ideas, but He's not the head writer.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #253
L08e16o
This is all MJ.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #254
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
One of the strongest criticisms was that there was practically no worthwhile interaction between Tygra and Cheetara which could serve as a legitimate basis for her decision to choose him. He just avoids this.
If I remember correctly, it is not even shown that they had previous contact until episode 12!

And did he forget that the “triangle” was used to build up the advertising hype (e.g. interviews with VAs)?

If having Tygra and Cheetara together is so important, at least do it believably, without ruining a huge aspect of the show.
The nature of Tygra and Cheetara's relationship and past interactions in episode 12 is a reveal, not a retcon. There is nothing about it that conflicts with previously established history, it's just new information being brought to light. Tygra's attraction is hinted at throughout the show, in the first episode he winks at her during Lion-O's test, in "Journey to the Tower of Omens" he stares like an idiot at her as she runs up the walls of the tower, in "Sight Beyond Sight" the entire race was just a cock fight between the brothers over her attention, and in "The Forest of Magi Oar" he gives her a flirtatious look after he catches her (this being the first time she actually reacts to any of his antics).

Cheetara was harder to figure out because she spent so much time with Lion-O trying to support him in his quest to master the sword, master himself, and gather the rest of the stones, however there are small moments where one could theorize where her feelings truly lie (such as in "Berbils" where she opts to sleep next to Tygra).

Yes, the did play up Lion-O/Cheetara so that when she chooses Tygra it feels like a twist, but if you pay attention and actually watch the show it's not that hard to figure out (the almost exact same thing happened in Gurren Lagann with Simon/Yoko/Kanima, this only difference is instead of Tygra it was Lion-O who dies).
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #255
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
The nature of Tygra and Cheetara's relationship and past interactions in episode 12 is a reveal, not a retcon. There is nothing about it that conflicts with previously established history, it's just new information being brought to light. Tygra's attraction is hinted at throughout the show, in the first episode he winks at her during Lion-O's test, in "Journey to the Tower of Omens" he stares like an idiot at her as she runs up the walls of the tower, in "Sight Beyond Sight" the entire race was just a cock fight between the brothers over her attention, and in "The Forest of Magi Oar" he gives her a flirtatious look after he catches her (this being the first time she actually reacts to any of his antics).

Cheetara was harder to figure out because she spent so much time with Lion-O trying to support him in his quest to master the sword, master himself, and gather the rest of the stones, however there are small moments where one could theorize where her feelings truly lie (such as in "Berbils" where she opts to sleep next to Tygra).

Yes, the did play up Lion-O/Cheetara so that when she chooses Tygra it feels like a twist, but if you pay attention and actually watch the show it's not that hard to figure out (the almost exact same thing happened in Gurren Lagann with Simon/Yoko/Kanima, this only difference is instead of Tygra it was Lion-O who dies).
I think the difference is with Simon's LI (Nia Teppelin ) comes around episode 9.

Lets say pumyra is Lion-o's LI. If she came around episode 9, IMO would be different.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #256
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I think the difference is with Simon's LI (Nia Teppelin ) comes around episode 9.

Lets say pumyra is Lion-o's LI. If she came around episode 9, IMO would be different.
The problem is the shows are structured differently, so that particular comparison really doesn't work. Gurren Lagann only has twenty-seven episodes total, while Thundercats has twenty six in the first season alone. Not only is the first season neatly divided into the "Pre-Trials" and "Post Trials" halves, but within those half seasons there are mini-arcs that relate to the overall season arc (The Book of Omens and Spirit Stone arcs from the Pre-Trials, and the Trials of Lion-O and Sword of Plundarr arcs from the post-trials, with another one that wraps up the season most likely following that).
Pumyra's character was completed long before episodes with her in them went into production, and it works better to have her introduced later after Lion-O's gone through his character development because otherwise they're way too similar to work together without feeling redundant.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #257
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

There were plenty of hints that Tygra 'liked what he saw' but this deep bond that they seem to want us to believe, I don't see at all. same with Cheetara's "support" of Lion O. those were boarderline seduction techniques. I just call fowl there all the way around.

Wouldn't mind Pumyra calling Cheetara out on it too sometime.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #258
L08e16o
Quote:
The problem is the shows are structured differently, so that particular comparison really doesn't work. Gurren Lagann only has twenty-seven episodes total, while Thundercats has twenty six in the first season alone. Not only is the first season neatly divided into the "Pre-Trials" and "Post Trials" halves, but within those half seasons there are mini-arcs that relate to the overall season arc (The Book of Omens and Spirit Stone arcs from the Pre-Trials, and the Trials of Lion-O and Sword of Plundarr arcs from the post-trials, with another one that wraps up the season most likely following that).
Pumyra's character was completed long before episodes with her in them went into production, and it works better to have her introduced later after Lion-O's gone through his character development because otherwise they're way too similar to work together without feeling redundant.
My point was to aviod fans being mad about the trinagle. Quad would have been great.

We don't know when we will get the next 26 episodes. If it happens, it might be a year from now.

That is my problem with this show, it is always lion-o has to so this or that. Will it ever end.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #259
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Quote:
Yeah, all it's done so far is tear apart and crash a ship the size of a small city, defeat several lizards at once in a single stroke, and burn the hell out of Mumm-Ra so badly he ran like a little girl. Pathetic!

It's a different show, different rules apply. If the sword even can return to Lion-O's hand and hasn't it isn't because the sword is weak, it's because Lion-O hasn't mastered that skill yet. None of the other cat's powers are granted by the sword either, the eye glow and "power up" is a function of their loyalty to Lion-O and so far only Cheetara has displayed that level of loyalty. The purpose of the Thundercats signal is to call the other cats to Lion-O's side when he needs them. If they're right there there's really no need for it (although he has used it with them right there before). In the old series it was over-used (pretty much every episode) and really served no purpose other than to pad out the show with stock footage and allow the other cats a token appearance in an otherwise Lion-O only episode (of which there were quite a few). By the time they even got to him he had most likely already beaten whatever he needed help with. Limiting the use of it is for the best, as it actually means something when he does do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Weak probably wasn't the best way for me to put it, more like "restrained". The Sword doesn't seem to be quite as impressive as in the OS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
The Sword of Omens is weak sauce in this series compared to the original. In the OS the sword is epic yet here it plays second fiddle to the spirit stone and frankly I am growing tired of it (granted I was never keen on the stones storyline to begin with).

I miss "sword come to my hand" as well and all the other things that made the SoO so great. Little touches like the sword going into short sword mode after being knocked out of Lion-o's hand go a long way. Its as if the sword were some what "alive" in the OS. Here it feels like it is just a weapon. A cool weapon, but nothing compared to the original. There is nothing "mystical" about it or anything. We barely even get to see "Sight Beyond Sight".

And when was the last time we saw Panthro wield his Nun Chucks? Why does he even carry them anymore?

I know some of the guys involved in the NS are supposed to be hardcore Tcats fans but sometimes it doesn't seem like it as they leave out all the things that made Thundercats stand out.
Ok, ehm, no to step on anyone's toes. It would be BORING to overpower the SoO so often as shown in the TOS. Old Lion-O wileded his sword and voilá, the foes are gone. I like that he has to "work" and not rely on the magic of the sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchie View Post
Got to tell you guys, after reading about the facebook posts by Dan Norton, and watching this episode.......I think I'm done with this series.

I was a fan of the original series as a kid and maybe i am a little biased in how some of the characters and plot have been handled versus how i believe they should have been handled. Since the end of ep 13 the series left a bad taste in my mouth (The 180 in the triangle and the inconsistency in characters) I thought with time they would have had an overall reasoning for it, but now knowing that a good portion of it was to mess with us. and now they are just going to use future episodes as tools for justifying that mess?.........no....no I'm sorry but no.

The episodes that followed, while some have been good, have just drained my enthusiasm for the overall plot and really just sapped my desire to see the resolution. I have tried to muster up resolve to see it through but, I just can't anymore.

If the show continues and I hear good things about future episodes, I'll maybe give it another shot but as of right now.......there's legend of korra I could be watching.

To each his own, so if you are enjoying this series, by all means disregard everything I just said and keep on keeping on.
Just watch it as it is, don't overanalyse it and keep watching.

And to all others: I really am about to quit here, since I see only people whining about this or that. You know what I do? *takes rose tinted glasses and crush it under the foot*. TC2011 brought me here to enjoy. Be grateful that you'll get to see a new TC series for a long time and that the new series wins new fans. If any of can do it better, go ahead. I wanna see that. But effing stop whining about the stories and the T/C relation inconsistencies. If you wanna please everyone, you'll please noone at the end.

To be honest, TOS TC wasn't my favourite, I never liked the repetitive easy defeat of Mumm-ra and his minions, I hated OldSnarf, I hated the fact, that they rub the lessons into your face at the end of each episode and that the zeitgeist was that they think 80's kids are so dumb.

I like that the characters in TC2011 aren't perfect, but they are more relatable and that not everything was hunky-dory. Fine if you got a problem with it, but don't sour the enjoyment for others.
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #260
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Ok, ehm, no to step on anyone's toes. It would be BORING to overpower the SoO so often as shown in the TOS. Old Lion-O wileded his sword and voilá, the foes are gone. I like that he has to "work" and not rely on the magic of the sword.

And to all others: I really am about to quit here, since I see only people whining about this or that. You know what I do? *takes rose tinted glasses and crush it under the foot*. TC2011 brought me here to enjoy. Be grateful that you'll get to see a new TC series for a long time and that the new series wins new fans. If any of can do it better, go ahead. I wanna see that. But effing stop whining about the stories and the T/C relation inconsistencies. If you wanna please everyone, you'll please noone at the end.

To be honest, TOS TC wasn't my favourite, I never liked the repetitive easy defeat of Mumm-ra and his minions, I hated OldSnarf, I hated the fact, that they rub the lessons into your face at the end of each episode and that the zeitgeist was that they think 80's kids are so dumb.

I like that the characters in TC2011 aren't perfect, but they are more relatable and that not everything was hunky-dory. Fine if you got a problem with it, but don't sour the enjoyment for others.
That is how 80 cartoons were done.

This is a message board or forum. If people want to whine they can.

Isn't the job of the writers to make a good story? If fans complain about say a NBA or NFL team, are you going to tell them to go out there and play? They don't have the same skill level.

After Steelers (fan of) won the SB, Steelers fans were finding something to complain about. It is what it is.

The writers are paid to write a story, we are not. People have a right to complain.

I don't think lion-o worked to win in episode 20. It was over fast IMO.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #261
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
That is how 80 cartoons were done.

This is a message board or forum. If people want to whine they can.

Isn't the job of the writers to make a good story? If fans complain about say a NBA or NFL team, are you going to tell them to go out there and play? They don't have the same skill level.

After Steelers (fan of) won the SB, Steelers fans were finding something to complain about. It is what it is.

The writers are paid to write a story, we are not. People have a right to complain.

I don't think lion-o worked to win in episode 20. It was over fast IMO.
There's a difference between spotting legitimate flaws in a show and complaining for the sake of complaining (the so-called "right to complain") because things don't conform to your own personal desires. That's just childish.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #262
L08e16o
Quote:
There's a difference between spotting legitimate flaws in a show and complaining for the sake of complaining (the so-called "right to complain") because things don't conform to your own personal desires. That's just childish.
Then the world is full of children. People complain about their jobs, life, and relationships. Is it valid?? To them it is.

One thing I learned in the Military, there is a lot of complaining.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #263
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
By "work" are you referring to moments such as his trial against Panthro?

And your right, in the NS he doesn't rely on the magic of the sword, he relies on the spirit stone and "voilá, the foes are gone".

No one said they wanted the SoO to be over powered, just that they would like more involvement with it, more screen time. You can't just erase the fact that most of us grew up with the OS and see the Sword of Omens as one of the most awesome swords in all of science fiction.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #264
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Then the world is full of children. People complain about their jobs, life, and relationships. Is it valid?? To them it is.

One thing I learned in the Military, there is a lot of complaining.
I completely agree with this.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #265
L08e16o
Quote:
I completely agree with this.
I work in a office of 26. Average salary is 95K. This is in Ohio, that is good money here.

All I ever hear is complaining. They don't realize how good they got it compared to some of the people out there.

But I know what you are saying.

Do you follow sports???
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #266
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
The nature of Tygra and Cheetara's relationship and past interactions in episode 12 is a reveal, not a retcon. There is nothing about it that conflicts with previously established history, it's just new information being brought to light.
I take issue with the way the triangle was executed. I never denied the validity of the information presented.

Quote:
Tygra's attraction is hinted at throughout the show, in the first episode he winks at her during Lion-O's test, in "Journey to the Tower of Omens" he stares like an idiot at her as she runs up the walls of the tower, in "Sight Beyond Sight" the entire race was just a cock fight between the brothers over her attention, and in "The Forest of Magi Oar" he gives her a flirtatious look after he catches her (this being the first time she actually reacts to any of his antics).

Sure, Tygra’s attraction is definitely hinted at. I never said it wasn’t. What I meant was that there was nothing noteworthy about their interaction that would show why Cheetara made her decision. I saw nothing on Cheetara’s behalf that would have signalled her jump to Team Tygra.

Cheetara is one of the characters on this show who has gotten next to no development. First, she’s simply treated as a prize to won by Lion-O and Tygra. Then came episode 13, the 180 turn and a sudden change in personality.

A few fleeting moments between Tygra and Cheetara simply does not compare to the manner in which Lion-O and Cheetara’s relationship was built up consistently until ep. 13.

Quote:
It’s very convenient to say at the end, like DN, that there was no triangle and that it all happened off-screen in the past. However, there are numerous ways to add a twist to a story without provoking such strong incredulity. That is my point.

Overall, romance seems to be a serious problem with this show. This latest episode was so corny, it could have been a parody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire
I assume this was directed at me? Whenever I complain, I give numerous reasons as to why I do so.

I repeatedly bring up the triangle because it featured as a prominent part of the story and if it was done in such a shoddy manner, I don’t see the problem in asking questions.

Last edited by stac; 05-09-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #267
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
I do feel rewatching the orginal series that the Sword of Omens was horrible about pulling new abilities out of thin air. If I did it, I'd make sure to have an exact list of what it can do from the start. Lion-O wouldn't know all of it from the get go, but it'd be there. Granted it wasn't only the sword that was aweful about new abilites either. Look at the thunderkittens pellets. That said, they did lessen the importance of the sword a lot, when they made it all about the stones. And this new series seems a lot less action packed than the old one. Also I kinda miss how everyone lived in really cool looking castles.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #268
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I find it odd about the stolen moments when they could have just confessed and saved a lot of trouble and heartache for everyone instead of dragging it on for years.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #269
Balgus82
Quote:
I work in a office of 26. Average salary is 95K. This is in Ohio, that is good money here.

All I ever hear is complaining. They don't realize how good they got it compared to some of the people out there.

But I know what you are saying.

Do you follow sports???
95k? That's rich where I'm from. I've never made more than 18k or so.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #270
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I find it odd about the stolen moments when they could have just confessed and saved a lot of trouble and heartache for everyone instead of dragging it on for years.
He just came back and said he was speaking hypothetically and wasn't saying what we'd see in the future.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #271
Balgus82
Anyway for those who can't see the thread or don't use FB this is what he said about the triangle.

"As far as the confusion with the "love triangle"... Think of it like this, you're a young boy, a very beautiful woman is giving you what seems like every signal that she's into you.. And everything you know is wrong, mistranslated and completely illogical. You feel like Lion-O feels. I'm sorry you don't see how something as simple as a flower can mean so much to someone who is in need, but that's where Cheetarah is coming from. I can clearly remember my first crush with pure clarity. When Cheetarah joined the clerics, that may have been her only moment of childhood crush. That could be a powerful thing. And none of her moments with Lion-O are disingenuous, she did love him in her way, not the way you want her to love. She's also not an infallible character, she's torn between love and duty. She's not Jaga, but a girl who is thrust into a situation she's trained for but couldn't imagine."
Old 05-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #272
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Anyway for those who can't see the thread or don't use FB this is what he said about the triangle.

"As far as the confusion with the "love triangle"... Think of it like this, you're a young boy, a very beautiful woman is giving you what seems like every signal that she's into you.. And everything you know is wrong, mistranslated and completely illogical. You feel like Lion-O feels. I'm sorry you don't see how something as simple as a flower can mean so much to someone who is in need, but that's where Cheetarah is coming from. I can clearly remember my first crush with pure clarity. When Cheetarah joined the clerics, that may have been her only moment of childhood crush. That could be a powerful thing. And none of her moments with Lion-O are disingenuous, she did love him in her way, not the way you want her to love. She's also not an infallible character, she's torn between love and duty. She's not Jaga, but a girl who is thrust into a situation she's trained for but couldn't imagine."
The flower thing again? I've never met a girl who got a flower like that and fell in love because it meant so much to her when she was upset. That makes no sense
Old 05-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #273
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
The flower thing again? I've never met a girl who got a flower like that and fell in love because it meant so much to her when she was upset. That makes no sense
I'm thinking they took inspiration from the scene in Braveheart.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #274
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Tygra gave a flower when she was stuck outside.
Lion O gave his soul to save them when they were stuck in Mumm-Ra's base.

um... who gave more?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #275
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post

um... who gave more?
Yeah, but the flower was just for her. She had to share Lion-O's soul with the other cats.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #276
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Yeah, but the flower was just for her. She had to share Lion-O's soul with the other cats.
WAS it for the other Cats? But still say even a fraction of that trumps Tygra's offering.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #277
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I remember Cheetara saying the flower was rare...but we see Tygra pick it out of a garden of them...but if they're so rare, why were they seen as plentiful in the garden?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #278
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I remember Cheetara saying the flower was rare...but we see Tygra pick it out of a garden of them...but if they're so rare, why were they seen as plentiful in the garden?
it's rare from Cheetara's perspective. it's all perspective.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #279
L08e16o
Quote:
95k? That's rich where I'm from. I've never made more than 18k or so.
That is what I am saying. They should be happy, but they are not.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #280
L08e16o
Quote:

um... who gave more?
Agree. Flower or a Soul. Hmm...
Old 05-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #281
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
What garden? I didn't see any garden? What episode was that at? Unless you read what I wrote on ff.net (I wrote about a garden, lol).
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #282
Balgus82
Quote:
It wasn't just a flower. It was a way for her to achieve her dream of becoming a Cleric.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #283
Balgus82
Quote:

um... who gave more?
Well for one thing that was after she had already chosen Tygra.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #284
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
What garden? I didn't see any garden? What episode was that at? Unless you read what I wrote on ff.net (I wrote about a garden, lol).
He got it from somewhere around the place Cheetara was sulking in.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #285
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It wasn't just a flower. It was a way for her to achieve her dream of becoming a Cleric.
He didn't know it was a magic flower though. And it was a cop out, imo.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #286
L08e16o
Quote:
Well for one thing that was after she had already chosen Tygra.
The thing is, Jaga wouldn't allow her to die. It was a test.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #287
Balgus82
Quote:
The thing is, Jaga wouldn't allow her to die. It was a test.
So you're saying Jaga would've let Lion-O come back to life even if he hadn't risked his soul?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #288
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
It was the Stone's choice, not Jaga's. The Stone was deciding if Lion-o would live or not.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #289
L08e16o
Quote:
So you're saying Jaga would've let Lion-O come back to life even if he hadn't risked his soul?
Quote:
It was the Stone's choice, not Jaga's. The Stone was deciding if Lion-o would live or not.
As hollowdheart said, it was the spirit stone. It was a test and he put his most precious thing on the line, his soul.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #290
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
WAS it for the other Cats? But still say even a fraction of that trumps Tygra's offering.
I kinda feel like people forget that the flower's petals actually let Cheetara survive without food or water for DAYS until Jaga accepted her into the Clerics...

If she hadn't joined the Clerics, I think she would've ended up out on the slums like Wilykit and 'kat. Maybe it's no wonder she looks like she needs a sandwich.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #291
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Ok you guys, let's not be gross. Cheetara can pick who ever she pleases (assuming they want her ) It doesnt matter who did what for her, it's her own personal choice. No, I'm not trying to get down on those who hate how the triangle was presented. It's the implication that she should pick who ever does the most for her. That Lion-O should have been chosen because he's done more for her ( BTW, what has he done for her, that he hasnt done for the whole group? In the end it doesnt matter, but I would love to know what you all are talking about.) She can pick who she wants, for whatever reasons she wants. Lion-O could die seven times over for her, but if she doesnt feel that way about him, then she shouldnt be forced or feel obligated to date him.

It's not about whose done more. It's about Cheetara making a choice.
She's a woman. Not a certificate of completion.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #292
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
I kinda feel like people forget that the flower's petals actually let Cheetara survive without food or water for DAYS until Jaga accepted her into the Clerics...

If she hadn't joined the Clerics, I think she would've ended up out on the slums like Wilykit and 'kat. Maybe it's no wonder she looks like she needs a sandwich.
Well, she didn't have any other place to go...she could have already been in the slums. But the Wiley's left home voluntarily, so....
Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #293
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
Maybe it's no wonder she looks like she needs a sandwich.
Her design makes sense to me. Cheetahs are very slim and lean, like a grayhound. Bodies made for speed.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #294
Balgus82
Quote:
As hollowdheart said, it was the spirit stone. It was a test and he put his most precious thing on the line, his soul.
Well yeah I know that. But the way you were talking it sounded like you thought it was Jaga's decision.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #295
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Jaga asked her to!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #296
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
He didn't know it was a magic flower though. And it was a cop out, imo.
I think cop out is a bit strong. It's not like he snuck her in, or put a fake Cheetara on the steps too full Jaga into thinking she stayed on the steps for days. Yea she got some help from Tygra, but food or no food, sitting there for days on end takes patience and determination.

Have we got any confirmation that he did'nt know what kind of flower he gave her? Even so, nothings wrong with getting lucky every now and then
Old 05-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #297
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
My point was to aviod fans being mad about the trinagle. Quad would have been great.

We don't know when we will get the next 26 episodes. If it happens, it might be a year from now.

That is my problem with this show, it is always lion-o has to so this or that. Will it ever end.
No, it won't ever end. And I'm a little surprised you watch thundercats if you don't like that it revolves around Lion-o. Despite it's name, Thundercats has more in common with batman than the justice league. It has a main character, and it is always about that character in the end, one-off episodes excepting.

Batman has partners and proteges, but they never take the fact that the shows are his away from him, at leas not for more than an episode or two. And that is what we have here. I myself like Nightwing better than Batman, but I accept that Nightwing will always be second-best and not as important as the Batman. Except for that time where he was batman, but that doesn't really count.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #298
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Her design makes sense to me. Cheetahs are very slim and lean, like a grayhound. Bodies made for speed.
Taking my joke a bit too seriously.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #299
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

I agree with you, but there was always more to the SoO than just 'it's a strong sword' It's magical, it had more power in the other weird things it could do than in its blade, and I think they've lost a bit of that here. I don't think many new fans are going to come out of this series as completely in love with the SoO as so many fans did from the original series.

The way they've done it here, it's basically no different than any other magic sword in any other series.

Quote:

Okay, no offense, but get over yourself. What do you think message boards are? If people were actually just supposed to accept things as they are, we could happily do that without the internet. Message boards are for discussion, and no discussion is ever going to agree 100%, or be 100% positive. If you even begin to believe that you're fooling yourself. And if you don't want to see bitching, then why are you on a message board?

And you're right, you can't please everyone. But too many people use that as an excuse to say things can't be better. Guess what? Things CAN be better. There are shows out there that please far more people than Thundercats does. I'm not planning to drop the show, but people do have legitimate complaints. And message boards are designed for people to air their legitimate complaints.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #300
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
No, it won't ever end. And I'm a little surprised you watch thundercats if you don't like that it revolves around Lion-o. Despite it's name, Thundercats has more in common with batman than the justice league. It has a main character, and it is always about that character in the end, one-off episodes excepting.

Batman has partners and proteges, but they never take the fact that the shows are his away from him, at leas not for more than an episode or two. And that is what we have here. I myself like Nightwing better than Batman, but I accept that Nightwing will always be second-best and not as important as the Batman. Except for that time where he was batman, but that doesn't really count.
I watched this one, because I grew up with the OS.

I feel they make lion-o weak in this show.