TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #51
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
maybe a smaller gun n belt for tygra ?
Maybe later. Trying to focus on new items that probably won't be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinktank View Post
I got my line-art done for the "Lizard Rifle" completed.
The "Old Friends" episode give some decent views of them:

Well here we go:

>First is "Cartoon Version"

>Second is the "Toy Version"
Wow... nice work! One thing though. In the 1st 2 episodes I noticed the rifles had holes on the back piece and not just a circle like you have indicated. Not saying your work is wrong but, I think there are multiple, similar rifles. I believe there's is a different rifle/ gun in the "old friends" that to me, looks sort of like a needler from Halo. Either way, very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Phe View Post
SDS stuff is awesome, but I just don't have the patience to wait that long.
Yes, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Alright, SDS has updated (and is still updating) with parts. Most of the TCats heads are up now as well as the Snarf figurine.

Welcome to SlayerDesignStudio -

On their Creature/Other Sculpts page are Tcat heads including (most are pretty low on the page):
4 different Lion-Os (2 concept, one accurate, and a Dogs of War head)
Panthro
Cheetara
Lynx-O
Jaga
Mumm-Ra
Grune
A vulture head that makes a great Vultureman

Snarf is under Animals.

Please keep in mind to read the front page and understand how the site works.
While I love SDS' work, especially Krexx's sculpts, The always changing nature of the site, usually deters me from making any purchases from them. For instance, PO-13, they said the vault would return but a number of items have slipped through the cracks. While I know they are most likely still in the process of updating the site, I know for a fact that a Trap Jaw head that in a previous PO has not been available for quite some time now.

Also the whole PO/wave periods usually makes me miss purchasing anything. While I could just save money to buy stuff from them, life has a nasty way of popping up and making me use money for other things that are more important.

Despite it all, they do put out good stuff and if the stars align themselves soon, hopefully I'll order more parts from them.

Last edited by soundwave810; 09-16-2011 at 11:11 AM..
soundwave810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #52
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave810 View Post
Wow... nice work! One thing though. In the 1st 2 episodes I noticed the rifles had holes on the back piece and not just a circle like you have indicated. Not saying your work is wrong but, I think there are multiple, similar rifles. I believe there's is a different rifle/ gun in the "old friends" that to me, looks sort of like a needler from Halo. Either way, very nice!
I appreciate the compliments, that line-work took me a while to whip up. I will briefly explain the process for that design, for clarity's sake.

These are kind of a homogenized version of the many little inconsistancies in the rifles they have shown in the series so far. Those rifles are a mass produced through industrial fabrication so they are supposed to be a basic standardized product.

To help work out the commonalities I used Tygra's pistol as a sort of "proof" as to what the difference in the toy and cartoon versions was. Basically it is intentionally "toyetic" and worked up for the 4" scale. If they were for 6" figures they would be a lot more detail heavy.

Taking your comment in consideration. I will likely make those dimples in the stocks (possibly others) thin enough that anybody with a small screwdriver could open it up if they like.
Thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #53
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I appreciate the compliments, that line-work took me a while to whip up. I will briefly explain the process for that design, for clarity's sake.

These are kind of a homogenized version of the many little inconsistancies in the rifles they have shown in the series so far. Those rifles are a mass produced through industrial fabrication so they are supposed to be a basic standardized product.

To help work out the commonalities I used Tygra's pistol as a sort of "proof" as to what the difference in the toy and cartoon versions was. Basically it is intentionally "toyetic" and worked up for the 4" scale. If they were for 6" figures they would be a lot more detail heavy.

Taking your comment in consideration. I will likely make those dimples in the stocks (possibly others) thin enough that anybody with a small screwdriver could open it up if they like.
Very thorough, in your research and explanation. I don't think I could've done a better job. Can't wait to see the actual sculpt! Keep it up!

Who's ready for another shot of a color stand with a figure?

Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #54
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
any plans to make the "Forces of Evil" stands with the dual snakes?
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #55
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
This...

I just pulled the trigger on 12 color stands.
Are the clear ones still coming out?
Old 09-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #56
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Actually, yes I do plan on making a "Forces of Evil" stand. I just haven't put the time into it yet. Still working on Grune's mace and a Captain Tygus head! MAYBE, maybe I'll squeeze in the stand on Sunday. No promises but definitely a maybe. I wasn't even sure anyone wanted one but since you asked it'll get done. Just give me a bit of time because I'm just a one man operation here. ok? lol

Quote:
This...

I just pulled the trigger on 12 color stands.
Are the clear ones still coming out?
Thank you for your purchase!
The clear ones will come out. I just want to finalize the coloring process for them. I have 2 routes to take and I have yet to attempt either. Guess I jumped the gun posting it in the store and here but I'm glad you guys are interested. So, I'll keep chugging along during whatever free time I have.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #57
novaprime2001
Thunder Kitty
"Forces of Evil" stands with the dual snakes
a book of omens
blue and red handles for nunchuks
lantern for mum-ra
novaprime2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #58
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Awesome! As soon as the bad guy stands come out I will get 12 each!

Color of course...but the clear maybe cool too. Decisions, decisions.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #59
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaprime2001 View Post
a book of omens
lantern for mum-ra
Yup, I'll be doing those including the 'chucks! Chucks will basically be the same thing but paintable unlike the soft rubbery plastic Bandai uses.

A few questions, for everyone, on the nunchucks.
1) Do you guys want the 'chucks to able to be sold in white, painted or either one? Like the stands.

2) Do you guys want the "chain" that Bandai uses or would just the handles be good? That way you can add your own chain.

3) Would you be interested in the nunchucks that are together and on Panthro's belt?

Quote:
Awesome! As soon as the bad guy stands come out I will get 12 each!

Color of course...but the clear maybe cool too. Decisions, decisions.
I know... Right? lol
Old 09-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #60
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Yup, I'll be doing those including the 'chucks! Chucks will basically be the same thing but paintable unlike the soft rubbery plastic Bandai uses.
The Nunchucks the 4" figure comes with, take acryllic paits well
enough if you are patient. I clear-coated mine with "Future" to
protect the paint and have had no issues so far.

That said I would recommend some good hard resin that could possibly
survive being dyed. Or possibly getting paited with Krylon Fusion, so it
will bind deep enough to wistand being placed and removed from Panthro's
giant mits.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #61
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaprime2001 View Post
a book of omens
lantern for mum-ra
They're all on my list of items to do.
Forces of Evil stand and nunchuck handles are the most likely to be released first.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #62
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
The Nunchucks the 4" figure comes with, take acryllic paits well
enough if you are patient. I clear-coated mine with "Future" to
protect the paint and have had no issues so far.

That said I would recommend some good hard resin that could possibly
survive being dyed. Or possibly getting paited with Krylon Fusion, so it
will bind deep enough to wistand being placed and removed from Panthro's
giant mits.
At the moment I use a resin that has a shore hardness of 70, so it'll be hard enough. Though at the 4" scale it mostly likely won't be that hard be definitely harder, no firmer than the Bandai 'chucks.

As for the color, the problem at the moment is dyeing the resin with the right shade of red. Currrently it comes out looking like a pinkish- fuchsia color. Dye might have gone bad, idk... it's either that, release them in white or I just paint them.

Last edited by soundwave810; 09-21-2011 at 09:56 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #63
crackus
Thunder Puss
Quote:

A few questions, for everyone, on the nunchucks.
1) Do you guys want the 'chucks to able to be sold in white, painted or either one? Like the stands.

2) Do you guys want the "chain" that Bandai uses or would just the handles be good? That way you can add your own chain.

3) Would you be interested in the nunchucks that are together and on Panthro's belt?

I know... Right? lol
how about colored nunchucks with chain ( metal ones ). and do you post to the UK? oh .. and I I need a sword of omens as well if you can make a better than the bandai ones. I'd buy that as well, plus the stands
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #64
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
As for the color, the at the moment is dyeing the resin with the right shade of red. Currrently it comes out looking like a pinkish- fuchsia color. Dye might have gone bad, idk... it's either that, re;ease them in white or I just paint them.
I'd stick with white or gray. Only the end segments with the paws are colored anyways. The telescoping segments and chain are "Steel" colored so I don't see why you need to fight a battle you don't have to.

If you do them I would want them in "Fightin" and "Holstered" versions for sure.

BTW: I hope to have a five gun sprue of Lizard firepower prototyped up and in my hands in a few weeks or so. It will have the following guns:
>X1 Pistol wi/ scope (Sidearm)
>X1 Pistol wi/ scope and stock attached (Carbine)
>X1 Rifle wi/ scope and stock (Sharpshooter)
>X2 Rifle wi/ scope, stock, and close combat attachment (Infantry)

Once it passes inspection and durability, I will let you know.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #65
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I'd stick with white or gray. Only the end segments with the paws are colored anyways. The telescoping segments and chain are "Steel" colored so I don't see why you need to fight a battle you don't have to.

If you do them I would want them in "Fightin" and "Holstered" versions for sure.

BTW: I hope to have a five gun sprue of Lizard firepower prototyped up and in my hands in a few weeks or so. It will have the following guns:
>X1 Pistol wi/ scope (Sidearm)
>X1 Pistol wi/ scope and stock attached (Carbine)
>X1 Rifle wi/ scope and stock (Sharpshooter)
>X2 Rifle wi/ scope, stock, and close combat attachment (Infantry)

Once it passes inspection and durability, I will let you know.
Good point on making them grey. I like that idea. Chain or no chain?

Sweet! Are you having them printed via Shapeways (or some similar service) or are you sculpting/ carving them yourself?
Either way, I can't wait to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackus View Post
how about colored nunchucks with chain ( metal ones ). and do you post to the UK? oh .. and I I need a sword of omens as well if you can make a better than the bandai ones. I'd buy that as well, plus the stands
Working on getting the prices for international shipping. Apparently there is quite a demand for these stands overseas as well. I'll have more info and be set up for you and the rest of the international fans either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thxs for the input on the 'chucks. I'm keeping tally of the answers and any suggestions until the next weekend. So keep them coming!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #66
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Good point on making them grey. I like that idea. Chain or no chain?
I am thinking something a little different. Plugs that are eyed for a chain to
be added to. I have been looking for some hobby chain that would be the
right size, but so far no luck.

Quote:
Sweet! Are you having them printed via Shapeways (or some similar service) or are you sculpting/ carving them yourself? Either way, I can't wait to see them!
I am having them done through Shapeways at first. After they pass muster
I am thinking of having them recast to save time.

Lizard Armory Images:

>Cartoon Version:

>Toy Version:

Last edited by Thinktank; 09-19-2011 at 02:10 PM..
Old 09-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #67
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
I personally don't mind 3rd party accessories and such as long as they have the same level of detail that the actual figures do. I wouldn't mind having a stronger sword of omens for my classics lion-o. One member on here actually made their own. That to me is a 3rd party accessory, but I would totally buy a set. So it really just depends on quality. Keep in mind it would be like comparing a real G.I. Joe to a Dollar store Army Man.
rchrz60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #68
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
any updates here?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #69
crackus
Thunder Puss
yeah, I'm waiting for some updates as well..
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #70
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
A gun pack is on my to do list but will not be in hand and ready for production for a while. We are probably looking around late November.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #71
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Work and New York Comic Con has been keeping me busy.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #72
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
how about it? Got the snakes logo stands ready yet?