TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 06-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
So a few of you are aware of "Thunder-Props" and our goal to complete your figures and spruce them up! As we gear up twords hopefully doing some full sized props (we are working on the first set now, just need to figure out how to paint them...) we wanted to have stands done for the cats (We just did 3 versions of Ghostbusters stands).

Blah blah blah... this is where you come in.

The stands would be sold in "kit" form, so you can paint them yourself and keep costs as low as possible. They would be raised, not flat (think platform), and the tops would be semi-raised but very slightly, enough for you to easily paint them but not enough to mess with poses. They would be sold in sets of 3.

Before the final mold is made we are curious what the market would be like, these would be for the 6 inch figure so you can pose them a bit better. Each set of 3 would be between 15-20 dollars depending on how much material is used, but we are looking to keep it down as much as possible. But they are rather big for weight so you can really not worry about your figures falling mid kick!

So how about it cats? Let us know what you want!! Also be sure to check us out for our other stuff and current news!

http://www.facebook.com/ThunderProps
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
So a few of you are aware of "Thunder-Props" and our goal to complete your figures and spruce them up! As we gear up twords hopefully doing some full sized props (we are working on the first set now, just need to figure out how to paint them...) we wanted to have stands done for the cats (We just did 3 versions of Ghostbusters stands).

Blah blah blah... this is where you come in.

The stands would be sold in "kit" form, so you can paint them yourself and keep costs as low as possible. They would be raised, not flat (think platform), and the tops would be semi-raised but very slightly, enough for you to easily paint them but not enough to mess with poses. They would be sold in sets of 3.

Before the final mold is made we are curious what the market would be like, these would be for the 6 inch figure so you can pose them a bit better. Each set of 3 would be between 15-20 dollars depending on how much material is used, but we are looking to keep it down as much as possible. But they are rather big for weight so you can really not worry about your figures falling mid kick!

So how about it cats? Let us know what you want!! Also be sure to check us out for our other stuff and current news!

http://www.facebook.com/ThunderProps
Sounds cool. With how to paint them....you've heard of those kits for figures in Japan that you paint yourself? those types sound like they'd work good.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Sounds cool. With how to paint them....you've heard of those kits for figures in Japan that you paint yourself? those types sound like they'd work good.
Thanks! No I know how to paint em lol, its just that time = money, and for me to keep costs down for the customer, id rather not paint em myself. I mean I could always raise the price a few bucks and paint them solid red, but I dont think I have the time to do every cats head individually.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Oh, Ok. So you're using OS characters? I wish we could get some molds of NS ones. I'd like to make a Lion-o one and modify it into some partial armour and a Kabuto.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
I wouldnt repro a fully tooled figure. This is just for the stands for the new series 6 inchers
Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #6
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Just a head's up, since there doesnt seem to be well.... anyone, replying about the 6 inch guys, 4 inch will be up first and sold exclusively through Thunder-Props on facebook.