TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys

Old 02-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #51
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Welcome to live info from Hasbro's Toy Fair 2011 Presentation. There is a powerpoint showing going on right now, and they are flashing images of figures that have been seen or will be seen today a little later on. They will be doing Star Wars, Transformers, G.I. Joe, and then Transformers.

Check out Toyark.com for Star Wars and Marvel updates and TFW2005.com for Transformers.

We will update text information from this presentation right here in this post. Please refresh to check for new updates.

Getting ready.....

2012 is 30th Anniversary. Start 30th anniversary in fall of 2011. 30 for 30. 30 products for 30 years, best of best.

New line look. collector focused. 12 inch back. exclusives.

very concentrated, collector focus.

3 card backs on aug 1st. Classic GI Joe cards. Classic Cobra Cards. Renegades Cards. Classic has pixelated explosion. Blue them for Joe. Red for Cobra.

Renegades cards show toon art.

Showing figs. Hawk, Ropper,Steel Brigade with lotsa gear, Cobra Commaander, new mold. Jungle BAT - WOAH. Troop Builders is focus. Blowtorch, similar to 25th deco. Cant tell about mold.

Crazy Legs, Croc Master blue / yellow.

RENEGADES FIGURES - Visual style - NOT ANIME. Little different. But use existing set of tools, some mold reuse. Can most likely fit with modern era stuff.

HAZARD VIPER.

Vehicles, Hiss Tank again,

30th anniversary - SKYSTRYKER, reissue, 25th Figure. Fall 2011.

Original mold lost. New mold. Very true to original. Cockpit fits 1 figure. Comes with Ace, no parachute.

12 inch, very kids targeted. Rapid Strike, First Responder Firefighter, Army Heavy Gunner, Police K9. Parachute Figure. Not JVC

SKYSTRIKER REPAINTED AS G1 STARTSCREAM WTFFFFFFFFFFf

Comes with Cobra Commander in flight suit, who is holding gun mode G1 MEGATRON!!

SDCC exclusive.

Renegades - cartoon team is on stage. Showing clips.

Tomax and Xamot showing up on upcoming ep. They are spiritual guys, created the "Crimson Guard', its the joes, action ensues!

QNA - Have a 3 year arc in mind. Will continue meeting future Joes and cobras along the way. Some may come back down the road.

Focus is on young kids too, so stories like Duke / Scarlett / Snake Eyes have to be implied without going there.

Want to show them grow, not be perfect team immediately.

So, with Mindbender, they are trying to imagine how did a purple vest wearing bald monocle dude come to be. He was a cocky, prissy spoiled brat styled guy like the Renegades guy is. Just an interpretation they had since they needed to get him younger in the show anyway.

Hint at any upcoming characters. Might need to go places where there are "SNOW". Or need to go on a "BOAT" that you don't want to WRECK. Parrot joke afterwards.

Hehehe he just said....

Animation style...

50s magazines, paintings. Used as starting point. Lots of painted backgrounds. Selling a mood. Talking about designer that just passed away. Worked on show until the end. Hadn't worked on an animated show prior. Showing tribute to CLEM.

And that seems to be it! Check out TFW2005.com for Transformers starting now!
Original Source: Toy Fair 2011 Hasbro G.I. Joe Presentation LIVE! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #52
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. Joe 2011 and Renegades 3 3/4th Figure Images
Original Source: G.I. Joe 2011 and Renegades 3 3/4th Figure Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #53
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. Joe Modern Sky Striker
Original Source: G.I. Joe Modern Sky Striker Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #54
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. Joe SDCC Zarana
Original Source: G.I. Joe SDCC Zarana - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #55
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. Joe 2011 Vehicles Images - Crimson Hiss Tank & More!
Original Source: G.I. Joe 2011 Vehicles Images - Crimson Hiss Tank & More! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #56
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
G.I. Joe Hasbro Toy fair 2011 Official Images

G.I. JOE products available in 2011

G.I. JOE SKYSTRIKER JET WITH FIGURE

(Approximate retail price: $29.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: Summer 2011)
The original SKYSTRIKER JET, released early in the G.I. JOE vs. Cobra series, has been at the top of fans’ wish lists since it was discontinued in the mid 1980’s. This SKYSTRIKER has wings that sweep in and out and working landing gear. It will also come with a 3.75” pilot to help navigate G.I. JOE through treacherous COBRA territory.

G.I. JOE 3.75” Action Figures

(Approximate retail price: $6.99: Ages: 4 & up; Available: Summer 2011)
To celebrate the past 30 years of G.I. JOE, the 2011 G.I. JOE 3.75” Action Figures lineup features a variety of favorite characters from the legendary saga, including FLINT, DUKE, STORM SHADOW, and SGT. STALKER. In addition, new characters from “G.I. Joe Renegades” feature the color and weaponry from the animated show. All figures come equipped with a personal arsenal of weapons and gadgets. Each figure sold separately.

G.I. JOE 12” REAL AMERICAN HERO Action Figure Assortment
(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Summer 2011)
Each of the real-life heroes in this line of 12” figures is inspired by heroes we see everyday – Firefighter, Police officer, National Guardsman, and Marine. The most realistic representation of these heroes, each figure has incredible detail from authentic uniforms to weapons. The figures, which are sold separately, come with authentic gear and accessories.

G.I. JOE 12” U.S. Army Paratrooper
(Approximate retail price: $24.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Summer 2011)
New to the 12” G.I. JOE line is the U.S. Army Paratrooper. The highlight of the 12” figure collection, this figure comes equipped with a working parachute, authentic uniform and gear insignia, and a full array of accessories.

G.I. JOE 3.75” MID-SIZE VEHICLES
(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: Now)
These mid-size vehicles represent the most technologically advanced vehicles in the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA arsenal, including an updated version of the H.I.S.S. Tank, the iconic vehicle from the 1980s. The H.I.S.S. is equipped with a hidden reveal weapons system and is designed to traverse a wide range of terrains. This assortment will also pay tribute to the “G.I. Joe Renegades” series with the BLACK DRAGON VTOL aircraft. All vehicles come with a 3-¾-inch action figure to help steer your team to victory.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Hasbro Toy Fair 2011 Official Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #57
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G.I. Joe San Diego Comic Con exclusive for this year will be a Skystriker repainted as Generation 1 Starscream. Included will be a Cobra Commander wearing a flight suit and holding a gun mode Generation 1 Megatron!
Original Source: G.I. Joe SDCC 2011 Exclusive Starscream Sky Striker with Cobra Commander Megatron - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #58
ThundeRSS

Quote:
OMG Even MORE Toy Fair 2011 G.I. Joe Show Floor Images
Original Source: OMG Even MORE Toy Fair 2011 G.I. Joe Show Floor Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #59
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Board Member and Moderator Derek2783 came across this fantastic piece while cruising eBay. What is it, you ask? Well, it's a 1986 Takara G.I.Joe Hanging Display sign!

Takara is widely known for Transformers, but G.I.Joe fans know that Takara also produced G.I.Joe and Cobra offerings for the masses. The display sign is really unique, with one side showing G.I.Joe forces, the other side Cobra.

The Cobra side of the display shows Cobra Commander in the center, with Destro and a Cobra Trooper (or Cobra The Enemy, if you prefer) flanking the Commander to his left and right.

The G.I.Joe side of the display shows Snakes Eyes v2 with Timber as center, with Gung Ho and Duke to his right (left if you're looking at the Display), Flint and Shipwreck to his Left.

Pretty funny how Duke is bumped to the side and Snake Eyes takes all the glory on the Joe side of the sign! What's even more humorous/interesting is the verbiage placed on the Red, White and Blue stripes - Fight, Friendship, Freedom. All in all, a pretty cool piece! You can check out the auction from eBay Seller knunt here:

Takara GI Joe 3 3/4" HANGING SIGN Japan Snake Eyes 1982 - eBay (item 160546093702 end time Feb-20-11 19:50:47 PST)

Join in on the discussion after the jump!
Original Source: 1986 Takara G.I.Joe Hanging Display Sign! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #60
ThundeRSS

Quote:
What happens when you take Milton Bradley's (currently Hasbro) classic board game, Operation, and combine with one of Cobra's mightiest Troopers, the Cobra B.A.T.? Awesomeness, that's what!

HissTank.com Board Member Shipwrecked85 has posted an imaginative take on a game that has tested the surgical skill of many for the past 40+ years. In this remake, you're Dr. Mindbender (or any Cobra of your liking), trying to figure out where the hardware issue is on a Cobra Battle Android Trooper laying on your repair table. Here's a piece of what Shipwrecked85 had to say -

I teach 7th and 8th grade science, and I wanted something funner than lighting a light bulb to get my kids motivated. Although he's deactivated for the diagnostics tests, if you accidentally spark a connection, the BAT will go haywire.

You can check out more pics and join in on the discussion already in progress after the jump!
Original Source: Cobra Battle Android Trooper Operation Board Game - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #61
ThundeRSS

Original Source: 2011 New York Toy Fair G.I.Joe News Recap - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #62
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Board Member and Moderator Derek2783 came across this fantastic piece while cruising eBay. What is it, you ask? Well, it's a 1986 Takara G.I.Joe Hanging Display sign!

Takara is widely known for Transformers, but G.I.Joe fans know that Takara also produced G.I.Joe and Cobra offerings for the masses. The display sign is really unique, with one side showing G.I.Joe forces, the other side Cobra.

The Cobra side of the display shows Cobra Commander in the center, with Destro and a Cobra Trooper (or Cobra The Enemy, if you prefer) flanking the Commander to his left and right.

The G.I.Joe side of the display shows Snakes Eyes v2 with Timber as center, with Gung Ho and Duke to his right (left if you're looking at the Display), Flint and Shipwreck to his Left.

Pretty funny how Duke is bumped to the side and Snake Eyes takes all the glory on the Joe side of the sign! What's even more humorous/interesting is the verbiage placed on the Red, White and Blue stripes - Fight, Friendship, Freedom. All in all, a pretty cool piece! You can check out the auction from eBay Seller knunt here:

Takara GI Joe 3 3/4" HANGING SIGN Japan Snake Eyes 1982 - eBay (item 160546093702 end time Feb-20-11 19:50:47 PST)

Join in on the discussion after the jump!
Original Source: 1986 Takara G.I.Joe Hanging Promotional Display Sign - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #63
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The HUB has posted a new clip for GI Joe Renegades episode 14, "Brothers Of Light", featuring the Crimson Twins, Tomax & Xamot!
Original Source: GI Joe Renegades Ep 14 Brothers Of Light Clip - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #64
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Scheduled for release tomorrow is GI Joe Cobra #13! For your viewing pleasure is a preview of this issue.

G.I. JOE: COBRA #13
Mike Costa, Christos N. Gage (w) • Antonio Fuso (a & c)
After the shocking events of last issue, all bets are off for the last chapter of Chuckles' undercover saga. He'll have to face enemies, friends... and, finally, himself. Costa, Gage, and Fuso finally bring one of the most shocking GI Joe stories of all time to a close, and not everyone is getting out alive.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Preview this issue after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe Cobra #13 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #65
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank brings you another advance review, this time for GI Joe Cobra #13, scheduled for release later today! You can check out the preview here, but you're probably wondering how the issue turned out. So what's next for Chuckles after taking out Cobra Commander? What compels him to push forward?

Check out how GI Joe Cobra #13 turned out after the jump!
HISS Tank brings you another advance review, this time for GI Joe Cobra #13, scheduled for release later today! You can check out the preview here, but you're probably wondering how the issue turned out. So what's next for Chuckles after taking out Cobra Commander? What compels him to push forward?

GI Joe Cobra #13 Review

Credits
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Writer: Mike Costa & Christos Gage

Art by: Chee & Antonio Fuso
Colors by: Peter Dawes

Letters by: Shawn Lee

Assistant Editor: Carlos Guzman
Editor: Andy Schmidt

Jaws were gaping after GI Joe Cobra #12, so you’re probably wondering how IDW would up the ante between now and Cobra Civil War. While GI Joe Cobra #12 was shocking, the same momentum carries into GI Joe Cobra #13. If you thought the death of Cobra Commander was shocking, just wait until you read this issue!

This issue kicks off with Chuckles taking Tomax hostage. Why? Chuckles needs access to places where only Tomax can take him. It also helps that none of the Vipers will listen to Tomax, so Chuckles has the edge.

However, in the fashion of previous issues, nothing is predictable, and for Chuckles, obstacles get in the way, One big obstacle comes in the form of Big Boa. What ensues is trash talking coupled with a skillfully drawn sequence of hand to hand combat. The outcome? A shock, but one in which you ought to see for yourself.

Chuckles does not leave each scene unscathed in this issue. This issue embodies his indomitable spirit, his constant struggle to come out on top. Through monologue, we learn what truly compels him to succeed.

While Tomax was predominantly in the beginning of the issue, Xamot shows up towards the end. Xamot professes how similar he and Chuckles are, crediting him for his transformation. Yet there is a staunch difference, evidenced by how this issue ends….

This is definitely one of the most pivotal issues of GI Joe from IDW that I’ve read so far. Characterization is a very strong point for this issue. During the course of this series we’ve witnessed Xamot and Chuckles transcend Cobra. With this issue, we see who truly comes out on top. Along the way we see just how strategic Chuckles is, as well as his adaptability.

The artwork looks a bit different, yet familiar. Antonio Fuso teamed up with Chee for this issue, and it pays off rather well. The inks look more refined and detailed. The visual effects are well placed, and the color choices by Peter Dawes accentuate the fight scenes very well.

You definitely should read this issue. Not only was it very entertaining, but I think it should be recommended reading before reading the upcoming Cobra Civil War books. By skipping this issue, you’re missing out on a huge, key moment, one in which Chuckles has a direct hand in. I definitely want a new figure of Chuckles after reading this issue. So don’t miss out on GI Joe Cobra #13!
Original Source: HISS Tank Reviews GI Joe Cobra #13 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #66
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Andy Wildman, an artist from the Marvel comics run of GI Joe A Real American Hero, has found his long lost cover for GI Joe A Real American Hero #128! More info from his site:

So I have just had another trawl through the boxes of old Marvel art in my studio. Most of it is X-Men with a load of other random stuff like Spider-Man 2099, Venom, Black Cat and UK Action Man plus all sorts of stuff that even I am not interested in but is kind of fun to look back on. But. found a few more bits and pieces of GI Joe and Transformers. I am going to post all remaining Joe pages here soon but to start with here is a long lost cover. Dont know how this one managed to slip the net but there ya go.

As always any expressions of interest in purchasing this will be considered. It may get to the point that I will put it on eBay but to be honest I would rather not. A decent offer here will be considered.

More soon

Take a closer look at the long lost cover after the jump!
Original Source: Long Lost GI Joe A Real American Hero #128 Cover - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #67
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank.com sponsor Past Generation Toys has sent out a new update.

This week @ PastGenerationToys.com

We just listed the newest 2011 PreOrders for Star Wars Clone Wars, Star Wars Vintage Collection, Masters of the Universe Classics and DC Universe Classics Series 18! Check them out below!

GI JOE ACTION FIGURES AND VEHICLES at Past Generation Toys

2011 Star Wars Clone Wars
PreOrder Star Wars Clone Wars Action Figures - Includes Ahsoka (new outfit), Anakin (new outfit), Aqua Battle Droid, El-Les, Clone Commander Wolfe, Clone with Riot Gear, Jedi Bariss Offee, Jedi Eeth Koth, and Red Leader ARC Trooper!

PreOrder Star Wars Vintage Black and Silver Action Figures
PreOrder Star Wars Vintage Black and Silver Action Figures - Includes AT-RT Driver (Ep III), Clone Trooper (Ep II2), General Lando (Ep IV), Fi-Ek Sirch- Arena Jedi (Ep II), Luke Skywalker - Degobah Arrival (Ep V), Weequay Skiff Master (Ep VI), Bariss Offee (Ep III), Bespin Han (Ep V), Bom Vindin (Ep IV), ARC Trooper Commander, Logray (Ep VI) and Rebel Fleet Trooer (Ep IV)!

Masters of the Universe Classics
PreOrder Masters of the Universe Classics Action Figures – Includes Preternia Disguise He-Man (Club Exclusive), Bow, and Shadow Beast!

DC Universe Wave 18
PreOrder DC Universe Classics Wave 18 Action Figures -– Includes Black Vulcan, Bronze Tiger (Classic), Captain Boomerang, El Dorado, Samurai, and Toyman!
Original Source: Sponsor Update - Past Generation Toys 2-16-11 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #68
Reeds
Thunderan Q-Wing Pilot
Wow, just checked that Pastgenerationtoys.com link.

I guess they had all their Joes in stock in a past generation because aside from 6 overpriced JoeCon 2010 items and a statue, everything is sold out! lol
Reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #69
ThundeRSS

Quote:
TIME Magazine has picked GI Joe as one of the top 100 most influential toys from 1923-present. Allie Townsend of TIME writes:

In 1964, during the Cold War, a new kind of "doll" emerged on the toy scene — and this one wasn't sitting still. Marketed to boys, Hasbro's G.I. Joe was a moving, talking "action figure" that came with a volume of war accoutrements that would make Barbie's shoe collection seem frugal in comparison. Hasbro established the character as a macho war hero and, more importantly, the anti-Ken. Though they were nearly the same size, Hasbro's marketing campaign couldn't have been clearer: This was a boy's toy. Depending on your household, G.I. Joe was either carrying out dangerous missions of war or driving Barbie around in her pink convertible, but he never suffered from an identity crisis. Along with the toy, Hasbro fostered a series of comics, a television series, video games and even a feature-length film.

While the 12" GI Joe figures started it all, the 3.75" scale figures have been popular since their introduction in 1982, with even more companies embracing the popular scale now. Through the years, GI Joe has evolved over the years, and Hasbro will be kicking off the GI Joe 30th Anniversary(the anniversary referring to GI Joe A Real American Hero) line later this Fall, with modern interpretations of classic, iconic items mixed with toys from the ongoing GI Joe Renegades series. Through all the ups and downs, GI Joe is still here, nearly 50 years after its debut.
Original Source: GI Joe Is One Of The Top 100 Most Influential Toys - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #70
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The latest to join the G. I. Joe 12-inch Figure Environment series is Recovery at Serpent Temple. Depicting the wreckage of an abandoned intelligence satellite overgrown in the jungle's Serpent Temple, this environment provides a detailed backdrop for 12-inch figure display. Each piece is individually painted and finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. Complete with blinking light on the satellite for added realism, the Recovery at Serpent Temple 12-inch Figure Environment is the perfect complement to your G.I. Joe collection.

Sideshow Collectibles, Inc. - Recovery at Serpent Temple / 12 inch Figure Environment
Original Source: Recovery At Serpent Temple Pre-Order - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #71
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sideshow Collectibles has put up a preview for their 12 Inch Cobra Viper! This long awaited figure will be fully revealed on Sideshow's production blog on February 22nd, 2011. Preorders start on February 24th, 2011 with the launch of their newsletter.

Preview the upcoming 12" Cobra Viper after the jump!
Original Source: Sideshow 12 Inch Cobra Viper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #72
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Comicartfans has posted the unpublished cover for GI Joe A Real American Hero #79, penciled by Marshall Rogers & inked by Bob McLeod. More info:

Original art from Marvel's GI Joe #79. This cover by Marshall Rogers is unpublished. Unusual in the fact that Marvel went so far as to paste up the logo and the corner box yet it still wasn't published. Unfortunately I do not know why they went with the other cover which is much worse artistically in my meaningless opinion.

Take a closer look after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe A Real American Hero #79 Unpublished Cover - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #73
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com members Gyre-Viper & Cdt Weasel have wrapped up their custom contest Dr. Relativity’s Quest for Reality and the winners have been announced.

1st Place: Sho Nuff, CIVIL WAR COMMANDER

2nd Place: GUNZLINGR and FAMILY

3rd Place: Huer-Ta, TRAILBLOCK

1st place gets a one of a kind custom head sculpted by Bill Merklein (The head is Dr. Reality)
One of a kind custom filecard written by Larry Hama and produced by our own Gunslingrcbr

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details and keep up with all the custom contests by visiting our custom contest forum.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Contest Dr. Relativity’s Quest for Reality Winners Announced - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #74
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has reported that the shortlist of GI Joe 2 Shortlist Directors has been shortened to two directors:
  • F Gary Gray
  • Jon Chu
They also mentioned desires to have GI Joe 2 in production by June for a 2012 release, which does contradict what Hasbro stated over a week ago. More info:

Directors F. Gary Gray and Jon M. Chu are looking like the hot candidates to direct Paramount’s G.I. Joe sequel.
The franchise follow-up is a high-priority project for the studio, which hopes to have production underway by June for a 2012 release. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has met with a number of directors in recent days, including Gray and Chu, while Paramount execs will commence their talks this week.

Which director do you think, should direct GI Joe 2?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 F Gary Gray VS Jon Chu - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #75
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank presents to you, the May 2011 solicitations for IDW's upcoming GI Joe Comics!

COBRA #1
Mike Costa (w) • Antonio Fuso (a) • Zach Howard x 3 (c)
The “COBRA CIVIL WAR” begins in earnest! COBRA COMMANDER IS DEAD… long live COBRA Commander! The only problem is... there are NINE candidates for the job, and with each more treacherous than the last... who knows how long ANY of them will live?! The BARONESS kicks some tail, BLACKLIGHT battles Joe forces, and SERPENTOR has a secret that could mean the end of G.I. JOE as we know it!
*3 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• New #1! New Story Arc!
• COBRA CIVIL WAR TIE-IN!
• Three candidate covers by Zach Howard! Collect them all!
• “COBRA: Things to come” poster inside by Antonio Fuso!
• The return of Serpentor!

Snake Eyes #1
Chuck Dixon (w) • Robert Atkins & Agustin Padilla (a) • Zach Howard x 3 (c)
A “COBRA CIVIL WAR” TIE-IN! The deadliest Joe in his own title at last! Seeking justice for the deaths of CENSORED, SNAKE EYES heads to the top of the world and the Himalayan fortress of Rajah Vikrim KHALLIKHAN—a COBRA COMMANDER CANDIDATE! With only Agent Helix, Iceberg and Alpine by his side, Snake Eyes storms the miles-high refuge, confronting his most skilled foes: CENSORED & CENSORED!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• New #1! New Story Arc!
• First time ever in his own ongoing series!
• “SNAKE EYES: Things to come” poster inside by Robert Atkins!

G.I. JOE #1
Chuck Dixon (w) • Javier Saltares (a) • Zach Howard x 3 (c)
The “COBRA CIVIL WAR” continues! A deadly competition within COBRA means trouble for the JOEs as they become the snake’s primary targets. COBRA's new leader will be chosen through a TRIAL BY COMBAT and the score is tallied in BLOOD. The body count is rising and the JOEs don't even know the game has begun!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
• New #1! New Story Arc!
• “G.I. JOE: Things to come” poster inside by Javier Saltares!

G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero #166
Larry Hama (w) • Ron Wagner (a) • Herb Trimpe, Ron Wagner (c)
With Snake Eyes back on the JOE side and Billy broken free of the grasp of Dr. Venom's insidious Brainwave Scannner, things seem to be looking up for G.I. JOE. But don't count COBRA out yet: they have a few more tricks up their sleeve! Featuring Ron Wagner on art, you can't afford to miss this incredible issue of G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Check out all of the upcoming covers after the jump!
Original Source: IDW GI Joe May 2011 Solicitations - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #76
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club Facebook Page has been updated with an up close image of Claymore! More info from HISS Tank boards member oliverbox:

Just in case anyone around here doesn't know, the "logo" on his shirt is the U.S. Army Special Forces Crest. The Latin motto: De Opprosso Liber means "To Free the Oppressed".

For those of you not familiar with how real-world Special Ops works, this means that Claymore is Special Forces/Green Beret... like Flint, Falcon, Duke, etc.

Take a closer look after the jump!
Original Source: JoeCon 2011 Claymore Closeup - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #77
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Just last week at 2011 New York City Toy Fair, we caught our first look at upcoming G.I.Joe Renegades figures. The line up included Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander and Firefly.

Well, thankfully for us, HissTank.com forum member Iron Will has decided that 4 figures in the 4th Quarter of 2011 just isn't good enough! Iron Will has posted images of his custom G.I.Joe Renegades figures and needless to say, they capture the essence of their on-screen counterparts flawlessly.

Check out Flint, Duke, Roadblock, Tunnel Rat, Barbecue, Snake Eyes and Zartan in all of their glory after the jump then join us for the discussion already in progress!
Original Source: Custom G.I.Joe Renegades Figures - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #78
ThundeRSS

Quote:
If you wanted to own pieces of artwork from the godfather of GI Joe A Real American Hero himself, Larry Hama, now is your chance as snakeeyes49 has posted the following sketch covers up for auction on Ebay:More info on the covers:

Original art(not repro). Hand drawn in pencil on 20 wt. bond paper 8 1/2 X 11 inches, by Larry Hama. Winner will receive this original drawing plus a copy of the comic, plus photographic proof of authenticity (pic of Larry holding the drawing,) plus a rub-on tattoo of Arashikage ninja hexagram. Payment by PayPal only. Shipping by USPS Priority Mail to USA and Canada only.

Check out the covers after the jump!
Original Source: Larry Hama GI Joe Original Sketch Cover Auctions - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #79
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Exclusive Cobra Viper 12-inch Figure, which will include an additional switch-out portrait with padded helmet will be priced at $134.99 and have an Edition Size of 750 pieces. Additionally, the regular edition, without the switch-out portrait will be available for Pre-Order and priced at $134.99. Both versions will be sold on a first come, first served basis, and will have the FLEXPay option available as a payment choice when placing your Pre-Order.

Sideshow Collectibles » Blog Archive » Cobra Viper Photo Gallery And Pre-Order Information!
Original Source: SideShow 12" Inch Cobra Viper Image Gallery - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #80
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The MTV Movies Blog has posted excerpts from a conversation they had with Brian Goldner of Hasbro. The topic of conversation? None other than GI Joe 2.

"It's in the works! We have a really good script and we're right now talking to a number of directors," he told us. When asked if the director search officially puts original helmer Stephen Sommers out of the running, Goldner replied: "I don't know if I can comment. I don't know if the studio has commented yet. But we're certainly talking to some people."

It's not a confirmation on Gray or Chu, but Goldner's words are a strong indicator that Sommers really and truly is gone, even if the Hasbro CEO himself won't comment on the topic. He was considerably less restrained when discussing the story of the "G.I. Joe" sequel, praising the script from Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick for its ability to stand alone while tipping its hat to "Rise of Cobra."

"There is a really great idea in the second 'G.I. Joe,'" he said. "In many ways, it'll be great for the people who saw the first one, but you don't need to have studied every element of the first one to enjoy the second. We've made sure that that's the case."

While it's implied that GI Joe 2 may be decidedly different from GI Joe Rise Of Cobra, Goldner did have this to add:

"Obviously, we know coming out of the first film that the president is an impostor," Goldner explained. "You might begin with the knowledge of having your president as an impostor. What would that mean? From that, you can tell a very big story without only having to rely on the chronology of the first film."

What do you think of what Goldner had to say about the upcoming sequel?
Original Source: Brian Goldner Talks GI Joe 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #81
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member KuuKuuSon has sent over the latest update for his upcoming [b]RAHC Guide[/b, a guide chronicling the various releases of GI Joe A Real American Hero figures after 1995. Covered in this book are the "new sculpt" era of figures, from 2002-2006, figures which ended up paving the way for the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line. Time flies, as Hasbro is kicking off the GI Joe 30th Anniversary line in a few months. After all these years we can ascertain one thing:

GI Joe 3.75" keeps coming back

3.75" scale became popular in the 70's and maintains popularity to this day, with more and more companies embracing it. For GI Joe, it has become the most popular scale. While the A Real American Hero started it all for many of us, and continued with the 25th Anniversary-Pursuit Of Cobra lines, what's often overlooked are the 3.75" GI Joe lines introduced in between. The RAHC guide serves as a book for fans of the era to refer to, and also serves as a way to introduce it to newer fans.

The "new sculpt" era resulted after GI Joe had become exclusive to Toys R Us for a few years, the new sculpt era kicking off at mass market retail in 2002. It was a period of growth and experimentation. Joining KuuKuuSon's efforts on the RAHC guide are photographers Nick O'Donnell(of 808 Studios), and Scott DM Simmons(whose step father, also of themanwhoshotlukeskywalker.com, worked on all the vintage Kenner Star Wars product shots). HISS Tank boards member General Hawk also contributed a forward for the guide.

Pricing and availability will be announced soon with the 3rd update.
Original Source: RAHC Guide Round 2 Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #82
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank member Pete@Cobra-La for giving us the heads up on Cobra's take over of JoeCon 2011; COBRACON 2011!
Original Source: CobraCon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #83
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Up now for your viewing pleasure is a preview for GI Joe #27, scheduled for release tomorrow, Wednesday, February 23rd 2011!

G.I. JOE #27
Chuck Dixon (w) • Robert Atkins (a & c)
“M.A.S.S. DESTRUCTION” concludes here with Snake Eyes and Helix stranded at the top of the world in a desperate battle against time, the elements and COBRA. Expect an armored vehicle battle on the frozen wastes of an Arctic wasteland like you’ve never seen before. And a chilling shock ending you never thought you’d see!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Original Source: IDW GI Joe #27 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #84
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's the latest update from site sponsor Cobrastickers.com! First off, new sets are on the way! Which ones?
  • Cobra C.L.A.W. Flying Wing (1984)
  • Cobra Maggot Mobile Artillery Vehicle
  • Cobra Maggot Numbers sheet (2 Sheets)
  • Cobra Serpent Battle Armor(ROC/POC)
  • Dreadnok Chameleon Swamp Skier (1984)
  • Dreadnok S.N.A.K.E. Battle Armour (2011 Joecon Exclusive)
  • Dreadnok Tri-Cycle Battle Motorcycle (1987)
  • GI Joe Sky Hawk VTOL aircraft (1984)
Also the latest additions:
New VehiclesNew FactionsNew Emblems and InsigniasRemember: Using tweezers to place stickers prevents fingerprints and promotes a better adhesion.
Please direct all order and service inquiries to service@cobrastickers.com
Original Source: Cobrastickers February 2011 Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #85
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Very recently we posted the Cobrastickers February 2011 Update(from site sponsor Cobra Stickers), when eagle eyed HISS Tank boards member bandonov noticed something rather interesting(listed as one of the upcoming sticker sets):

Dreadnok S.N.A.K.E. Battle Armour (2011 Joecon Exclusive)

Information is still pending, but feel free to post your thoughts on this possible, upcoming exclusive!
Original Source: JoeCon 2011 Dreadnok SNAKE Armor Rumor - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #86
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club now has 25th Anniversary Dial Tone up for preorder. More info:

Dial-Tone features a stand, classic filecard and accessories, including: 9mm parabellum submachine gun, pistol and an updated version of the original 1986 style radio communications backpack with positional microphone arm!

THE NON-MEMBER PRICE INCLUDES A $42 MEMBERSHIP FEE (U.S.) TO THE GI JOE COLLECTOR CLUB. THIS INCLUDES 12 MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS AS WELL AS THE ABILITY TO PURCHASE CLUB EXCLUSIVE FIGURES.

This item is scheduled to ship within 4 weeks of
April 4, 2011.
Original Source: 25th Anniversary Dial Tone Preorder - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #87
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Jon Chu was listed as one of the GI Joe 2 Shortlist Directors, and made the cut, ending up on an even shorter shortlist. So currently it's down to F Gary Gray VS Jon Chu for GI Joe 2, and MTV Movies Blog recently chatted with Chu about prospects for GI Joe 2. While Chu claims that he does not know if the rumors about him directing GI Joe 2 are true, he didn't deny that he was working on it. It also turns out that he was a fan of GI Joe A Real American Hero during his childhood, going from Sunbow to the DiC series:

"I don't know," Chu laughed when we asked if there was any truth to the rumors connecting him to the "G.I. Joe" sequel. "I mean, I don't know what goes on inside the doors of Paramount, but I'm up for a bunch of different projects."

Not a confirmation, but certainly not a denial from where we're sitting. And while many "Joe" fans have scoffed at the idea of the "Step Up 3-D" director and Justin Bieber documentarian taking the reins on their beloved franchise, give the man a chance: after all, as he explains it, Chu is a deep cut fan of the series himself.

"'Joe' is something I've loved since I was a kid," he told us. "I still think there's a movie out there that can be done for the real 'Joe' fans, the one we've been waiting for that hasn't been done before."

"My era was 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,' 'G.I. Joe' and 'Transformers,'" he continued. "When 'Joe' changed their theme song from the old style—'Go Joe!'—to 'Got to get tough, go Joe!' That was the era I was in. Those are the fun, glory years that I remember."

Again, Chu wouldn't say one way or the other whether or not he's involved with "G.I. Joe 2," though he's certainly happy to hear his name mentioned for such a project: "We'll see what happens there, but I'm just glad that I get to make movies and I get to make up stories and play around. I feel very blessed that I get to do that, and I know it doesn't last forever!"

Would you be content with Jon Chu directing GI Joe 2?
Original Source: Jon Chu Talks GI Joe 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #88
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've received the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore! Check out the new listings for preorders, latest arrivals, and more, after the jump!
We've received the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore!

Toyark Sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has sent out this weeks newsletter. As usual, you can find the highlights below.

New Arrivals
DC Universe Classics Series 16
Die-Cast Vintage Voltron Gift Set (1997)
WWE Legends Series 04

New Pre-Orders
Star Wars Vintage 2011 Series 02 & 03
Duke Nukem Forever 7" Figure
Thundercats 2011

Click the headline of the story for the full set of listings.
Toyark Sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has sent out this weeks newsletter. As usual, you can find the highlights below.

New Arrivals
DC Universe Classics Series 16
Die-Cast Vintage Voltron Gift Set (1997)
WWE Legends Series 04

New Pre-Orders
Star Wars Vintage 2011 Series 02 & 03
Duke Nukem Forever 7" Figure
Thundercats 2011

Click the headline of the story for the full set of listings.

------------
NEW ARRIVALS
------------

TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS 2011 SERIES 01, 02
We have just received a large shipment of toys from Hasbro, and
Transformers fans are sure to be happy with this one! The first chunk of
figures is two waves worth of the new TF 2011 Legends assortments - waves
01 and 02. These assortments have Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, Gold
Bumblebee, Prowl and Trailcutter, a few sets may be left and singles are
available.
BigBadToyStore.com Search

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER FIVE-PACKS 2011 SERIES 01, 02
We have also received the next two waves of Combiner 5-Packs. Series 01
includes the Dinobots and the Constructicons, and they are available
singly at $24.99 per set or as a pair of sets for $47.99. Series 02 adds
the new Stunticon set, which are available singly at $29.99 or in a case
with one set each of the series 01 sets and two sets of Stunticons, and it
is priced at $89.99.
Transformers 2010 - 2011 Transformers Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

TRANSFORMERS VOYAGER 2011 SERIES 02 - CASE, SINGLES
We also have the most recent assortment of Voyager figures. This case
contains two of Deep Dive and one each of Grapple and Lugnut. The case is
listed at $89.99, and singles should also be available at $24.99 - $29.99
each.
Transformers 2010 - 2011 Transformers Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER COMMANDER TWO-PACKS 2011 SERIES 01, 02
Two waves of Combiner Commanders have arrived. Series 01 includes
Heavytread and Skyhammer with their minicons, and we have them available
at $14.99 each or $29.99 for the pair. Series 02 is only sold by the
pair, and includes Undertow with Waterlog and Salvage with Bombburst at
$29.99 for the pair.

STAR WARS COMMANDER BLY EXCLUSIVE BUST
Gentle Giant's newest exclusive bust is Commander Bly in the Clone Wars
Cartoon style. This piece is packed with detail and is listed at $59.99.
Clone Wars Commander Bly Exclusive Bust - Star Wars Busts Busts

STAR WARS DARTH REVAN MINI BUST
This character from the Old Republic era has loads of fans, and now has a
bust, too. Wielding both red and purple lightsabers, Darth Revan looks
ready for battle, and is listed at $53.99, saving you $6 off the MSRP.
Darth Revan Mini Bust - Star Wars Busts Busts

STAR WARS DARTH VADER THE FORCE UNLEASHED MINI BUST
This bust pulls its image of Vader from his battle-damaged look during the
final battle, and is listed at $53.99, saving you $6 off the MSRP.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Darth Vader Mini Bust - Star Wars Busts Busts

SCI-FI REVOLTECH RESTOCK
We have managed to restock almost every Sci-Fi Revoltech figure released
so far. From Gamera and Baragon to the Alien Queen, Jason Voorhees and
the Predator, we have them available now, although they are expected to go
quickly. Check out the figures at the link and get yours now.

HOT TOYS 10TH ANNIVERSARY EXCLUSIVE FIGURES
We have received a second shipment of the Hot Toys 10th Anniversary
figures, and have some left over this time. We have the Batman Demon &
Scarecrow set listed at $499.99, with the Michael Jackson M Icon "Beat It"
Figure at $299.99.

SAM FISHER FIGURE
NECA's Splinter Cell: Conviction figure of Sam Fisher measures 6.75" tall
and comes with a gasmask, pistol and vest. This figure is listed at
$15.99, $2 off the MSRP.

SCREAM 4: GHOSTFACE FIGURE - CASE, SET, SINGLE
NECA has released their Ghostface figure from the upcoming "Scream 4"
movie. We have it available singly at $16.99, as a set with the Zombie
Ghostface variant at $34.99, or as a case with 6 regular and 2 Zombie
variants at $109.99 (saving you $34 off the MSRP).
Scream Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

SIDESHOW 12" GAMORREAN GUARD
This new 1/6 scale version of Jabba's palace guard come with his axe, his
furry toga, a polearm, multiple hands and more. We have him listed at
$114.99, $5 off the MSRP.
Gamorrean Guard - 12" - Star Wars 12" Sideshow 12" Sideshow

C-3P0 1:1 SCALE LIFE SIZE BUST
Everyone's favorite Protocol Droid has received his own life-sized bust.
He is constructed of polystone and fiberglass and has light-up eyes and
his trademark golden exterior. This piece is priced at $619.99, saving
you $30 off of the MSRP.
C-3PO 1:1 Scale Life Size Bust - Star Wars Busts Busts

DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS SERIES 16 CASE ASSORTMENT 2
This case contains one each of Azrael Batman, Creeper, Classic Robin
(Random), Jonah Hex, Mercury, Riddler, Deathstroke and Joker, along with
all of the pieces for the Collect-N-Connect Bane figure. We have it
priced at $114.99.
DC Universe Classics - Series 16 - Case Assortment 02 of 8 Figures - DC Universe Classics Series 16

MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN STATUE
This piece goes back to the 1989 "Batman" movie that brought the franchise
back to movie fans after decades of waiting. The statue measures 13.5"
tall and is listed at $159.99, saving you $35 off the MSRP.
Michael Keaton as Batman 13.5" Statue - Batman Statues & Busts

REAL MASTERPIECE AKECHI SAMANOSUKE HIDEMITSU 12" FIGURE
This figure of the historical character is taken from the Onimusha 3 video
game and comes with alternate hands, multiple different swords and weapons
and an Oni Gauntlet. It is listed at $199.99, and is a great gift for
fans of the game or historical characters from the East.
Real Masterpiece Akechi Samanosuke Hidemitsu 12" Figure - Onimusha Onimusha 3

JLA TROPHY ROOM SINESTRO POWER BATTERY PROP REPLICA
This life-sized version of the Sinestro Corps' ring-charging item comes
with a yellow Power Ring. We are expecting it to arrive in the next day
or so, and will be able to verify at that point, but we expect that this
Lantern will light up as previous versions have done. This set is listed
at $279.99, saving you a whopping $70 off of the MSRP.
Justice League Trophy Room: Sinestro Power Battery Prop Replica - Justice League Props

TRENDMASTER VOLTRON DIE-CAST GIFT SET
We have been able to secure another small quantity if this fantastic gift
set from 1997. It comes with all five lions as well as their individual
and Voltron weapons, and we have the set listed at $139.99.
Die-Cast Voltron Gift Set (1997) - Voltron Vintage

MOTU CLASSICS
We have received a small amount of this month's Master of the Universe
Classics figures for our overseas and other customers. We have some of
the Preternia Disguise He-Man, although he didn't come with the map (which
will be available later, separately) as well as Bow, and also still have
pre-orders available for the Shadow Beast, Keldor and Tytus. If you
missed out on any of these, now is the time to get your name in for them.
Masters of the Universe: Modern Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

LABYRINTH 13" PLUSH WORM RESTOCK
We have received a few more of this fast-moving collectible. His cuteness
is listed at $29.99, $5 off the MSRP, so grab him while you can.
The Worm 13" Plush - Labyrinth Labyrinth

WWE LEGENDS SERIES 04 - SET, SINGLE
The latest series of WWE Legends includes Ax and Smash of Demolition, as
well as George "The Animal" Steele, the Ultimate Warrior, Hillbilly Jim
and "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff. We have them listed as a set of 6 for
$99.99, and we also have leftover singles of the Ultimate Warrior, priced
at $19.99.

-------------
NEW PREORDERS
-------------

BATMAN LEGACY SINGLES - SET, SINGLES
We now have listed the Singles Series 01 from the Batman Legacy line. The
first assortment includes Modern Age Batman, Golden Age Joker and Silver
Age Mr. Freeze, and you can get them singly at $16.99 each, or as a set of
3 for $49.99.

STAR WARS CLONE WARS 2011 SERIES 02 - SET, SINGLE
Just a quick update - we have added the set of five new figures (Ahsoka
Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Aqua Battle Droid, El-Les and Clone Commander
Wolfe), priced at $74.99, as well as the Anakin Skywalker Single, priced
at $14.99.

STAR WARS VINTAGE 2011 SERIES 02, 03 - SETS, SINGLE
We have also updated our listings with sets of 6 new figures each from the
new Series of Star Wars Vintage figures; each set is listed at $89.99, we
also have the single of the VC 45 Clone Trooper Episode II, priced at
$14.99.

STAR WARS FX LIGHTSABER WITH REMOVABLE BLADE - LUKE SKYWALKER
A new Removable Blade FX Lightsaber is on the way. Luke Skywalker's
blue-bladed lightsaber will be available in June, priced at $114.99.
FX Lightsaber with Removable Blade - Luke Skywalker (Blue) - Star Wars 2010 Star Wars Lightsabers

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 7" FIGURE
The game that took 'forever' is now spawning a 7" figure of the famous
hero. He is wearing his standard red undershirt and blue jeans, along
with a harness full of weapons and his trademark sunglasses. This figure
is priced at $15.99, $2 off the MSRP.
Duke Nukem Forever - Duke Nukem 7" Figure - Duke Nukem Figures

JB-00 INFINITY WARFARE SET - RED, BLUE
Junkion Blacksmith is producing two versions of their upcoming JB-00
Infinity Warfare set. This add-on set is meant to upgrade Predaking with
new shoulder cannons, hands and a giant weapon that can be configured many
ways, but the set may also be used with many other figures as well. We
have it listed in both clear red and clear blue versions, priced at $34.99
each.

BATTLE ARMOR BATMOBILE
This new entry from "The Brave and the Bold" is an old-fashioned Batmobile
that comes with a number of snap-on accessories to customize into the
ultimate crime-fighting vehicle. This set is listed at $19.99, and is
great for young fans and older fans alike.
Battle Armor Batmobile - Batman The Brave & the Bold

NEW DISNEY MINDSTYLE RELEASES
Three new items are up for pre-order from Mindstyle. First is a 7" two
pack of Mad Mickey and boxer Manny Pacquiao, priced at $119.99. Also
priced at $119.99 is a 10" Stitch figure, done in the Tron style. Finally
the Tin Toy from Pixar's shorts is also available, priced at $107.99.

THUNDERCATS 2011
We have finished listing the upcoming Thundercats figures and assortments.
We have Cases, Sets and singles in a variety of lines (although some may
not be available in every type of offering), including 4" Regular, 4"
Deluxe, 6" Collector, 8" Classic Collector, Basic Vehicles, role-play
items, vehicles and playsets. Our listings for cases should be updated by
the time you read this (or soon after), letting you know what exactly
comes in each assortment, with images of each to come soon after.
Thundercats (2011) Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

MARVEL BISHOUJO JEAN GREY
Kotobukiya's Bishoujo line continues with this figure of Jean Grey in her
Jim Lee Era outfit. This piece will make a great addition to any X-Fan's
collection, and is priced at $49.99, $10 off the MSRP.
Marvel Bishoujo Jean Grey Statue - Marvel Statues, Busts, Prop Replicas Statues

STAR WARS SILICON ICE TRAYS
These two new ice trays from Kotobukiya can also be used for chocolate,
Jello and other things. We have Han Solo in Carbonite and R2-D2
available, each priced at $8.99.

TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE RESTOCK - MP-01B, MP-02
We have got a restock shipment coming of two of the recolors of the
original Masterpiece Optimus Prime. We have the MP-01B Black Optimus
Prime priced at $149.99, while the MP-02 Ultra Magnus is listed at
$124.99. If you're missing a trailer for either your original or Black
version of Optimus, we have the iGear IG-TF004 Trailer Sets also up for
pre-order, priced at $109.99 each, and each comes with a Roller unit.
Transformers Masterpiece Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

1/18 SCALE HOT WHEELS ELITE FOUNDATION 1966 BATMOBILE
We also have this new version of the Batmobile up for pre-order. This
version comes from the 1966 television series, and we have it priced at
$39.99.
1/18 Hot Wheels Elite Foundation 1966 Batmobile - Batman Die Cast

NEW TONNER DOLLS
A new assortment of 2011 Tonner Dolls is now up for pre-order. We have
Ariel, Jasmine and two "It's a Small World" dolls from Disney, as well as
Vampire Diaries, Twilight and Harry Potter Dolls. We also have six new
dolls from the DC Stars collection - Catwoman, Raven, Starfire, Black
Canary, Dove and a 22" Wonder Woman doll - check them all out at the menus
following the link for more information.
Tonner Doll Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

NEW BOWEN STATUES
Bowen Designs has announced four new statues. The War Machine Modern
13.5" Statue is priced at $249.99, with the Iron Man Classic Museum 13.5"
Statue at $199.99, the Spider-Woman 14" Statue at $224.99 and the Cyclops
Modern 12" Statue at $199.99.

NEW BOWEN BUSTS
Bowen also has two new busts up for pre-order. The Thanos 7" Mini Bust
shows him atop a pile of skulls with one fist raised and is listed at
$84.99, while the Iron Spider-Man 10.5" Mini Bust shows him in his
briefly-used costume and is listed at $86.99.

ROGUE PREMIUM FORMAT FIGURE
Sideshow is producing a new statue of Rogue. This piece measures 16" tall
and shows her in her yellow and green outfit, complete with brown leather
jacket (real cloth, of course). She comes standing on a red and black
X-Men symbol base and is listed at $284.99, saving you $15 off the MSRP.
Rogue 16" Premium Format Figure - Marvel Statues, Busts, Prop Replicas Statues

HALO MINIMATES SERIES 03 BOX SET
This new assortment includes a Khaki Armor CQB, a Cobalt Rogue, a Gold
Elite Combat Armor and a Jackal Sniper. We have the set of four listed at
$15.99, saving you $2 off the MSRP
Halo Minimates Series 03 Box Set - Halo 3 & Halo Wars Kubricks & Minimates

CHALICE OF KALI PROP REPLICA
This replica comes from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" and
replicates the gruesome chalice that he forces Indy to drink from. it
measures 12" tall and is listed at $189.99, $10 off the MSRP.
Chalice of Kali Prop Replica - Indiana Jones Statues, Busts & Replicas

DC HEROCLIX GREEN LANTERN FAST FORCES SET
This new six-pack of figures appears to take its sculpts from the upcoming
movie, and offers Hal Jordan, Tomar Re, a Guardian, Sinestro, Abin Sur and
Kilowog, each with new powers and dials. This set is priced at $13.99, $3
off the MSRP.
DC Heroclix Green Lantern 2011 Fast Forces 6-Pack - Heroclix DC Heroclix

GREEN LANTERN MOVIE GAMES
We have listed a wide variety of games from the upcoming Green Lantern
movie. These games are listed from $8.99 for a new take on Dominoes to
$19.99 for more traditional board games - check out the new items and pick
your favorites.
Green Lantern (2011 Movie) Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

GALLERY OF LIGHT ENESCO PIECES
We have listed a wide variety of Enesco's Gallery of Light Disney boxes.
From Nightmare Before Christmas and Finding Nemo to Fantasia, Cinderella
and Mary Poppins, we have 17 new listings, priced from $74.99 to $124.99.

NEW GRAPHITTI DESIGNS SHIRTS, HOODIES
A bunch of new Graphitti Designs shirts and hoodies are now available for
pre-order. We have Arkham Asylum shirts and hoodies, as well as Wonder
Woman, Teen Titans, Zan and Jayna, Green Lantern, Blue Beetle, green Arrow
and Steel, as well as Kevin Smith Movie Jerseys. The t-shirts are priced
from $17.99 - $20.99, with the Hoodies at $35.99 - $37.99 and the Jerseys
at $49.99 - $52.99.
Graphitti Designs Toys, Action Figures, and Collectibles

CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO – REVELATION OF THE DALEKS BOX SET
This new set contains the Sixth Doctor with blue mourning cloak along with
a Skaro Dalek, a Necros Dalek and Davros himself. This set will be a
must-have for Dalek fans and fans of the Classic Doctor Who series, and is
listed at $59.99 with an April release date.
"Revelation of the Daleks" Collector Set - Doctor Who Doctor Who Classic Figures
Original Source: Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore 2/24/2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #89
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Preorders are now up for the Sideshow 12 Inch Cobra Viper! We showed you an image gallery of this highly anticipated troop builder, not too long ago, and now's your chance to preorder it!

Click Here To Preorder The Cobra Viper Sideshow Exclusive Edition

Click Here To Preorder The Cobra Viper
Original Source: Sideshow Cobra Viper Preorders Up - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #90
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Sgt Humpty made this Dreadnok Driftwood from the following.

Head (Slayer Design Studios)
Torso & Arms (PoC Recondo)
Legs (PoC Jungle Assault Duke)
Equipment Harness (PoC Dusty)
SCAR (Marauder, Inc.).

Click the Discuss button for all the pic & details.
Original Source: Custom Cobra Dreadnok Driftwood - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #91
ThundeRSS

Quote:
A sneak peek video at Sideshow Collectibles' upcoming 12" Zartan figure has been posted on youtube. It's been quite a while since we last heard of this figure. Watch the video to check out the latest progress!
Original Source: Sideshow Collectibles Zartan Sneak Peek Video - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #92
ThundeRSS

Quote:
As reported by 2005 Boards member Dom on our sister site TFW2005, the Roll Out/Roll Call 2 convention in the UK will feature a unique, Action Force VS Transformers exclusive, the Kraken Bio Armour with minicon Treadshot! If you wanted something new for your Transformers Pretenders and/or Action Force collection, this unique exclusive is for you! More info from All The Cool Stuff:

Striking a dark deal with The Decepticons in return for new soldiers to the Red Shadow cause, The Black Major has agreed to subvert DNA of the Kraken to create a synthetic organic outer shell to disguise and enhance the power of Decepticon Mini-Cons. Treadshot, whose secret ambition is to destroy his rival Mini-Cons, volunteered for the opportunity to pilot the new Kraken Bio-Armour. Armed with the deadly Trident Laser, Treadshot can operate independently of his Kraken Bio-Armour with devastating effect. Treadshot follows the orders of The Black Major for now, but for how long no one knows.

As a tribute to both the Kraken and The Pretenders, Treadshot with Kraken Bio-Armour is exclusive to Roll Out/ Roll Call 2. Each set comes with Treadshot Mini-Con, Kraken Head, Kraken body front/ back, Kraken left/ right arm and Trident Laser. Developed and produced in the UK, there are 50 sets available for Roll Out/ Roll Call 2.

Please note this is a custom display piece and not suitable for persons under 16 years of age. Item shown is prototype, final product may vary slightly, other products are shown for scale and sold separately. Any advance orders not collected at the show will be dispatched 1-2 weeks after the show.

Also shown are convention exclusive prints by BOO, and Dave Reynolds, featuring GI Joe VS Transformers Animated!

Check out images of the Kraken Bio Armour With Treadshot and GI Joe VS Transformers Animated convention exclusive prints, after the jump!
Original Source: Rollout Rollcall 2 Convention Exclusive Kraken Bio Armour With Treadshot - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #93
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GI Joe Move 2 has it's new director: Jon M. Chu! There are many new updates coming out from several sources. Here is what Jon Chu had to say.

Movieweb.com has this interview posted from Jon M. Chu

He is quite excited about taking on G.I. Joe 2, and promises to bring the 'punch' back to this franchise.

"The one thing I felt was missing from the last Joe movie was the power of the punch. You want Joe to be tough. They are fun, but they are tough. I feel that you don't want to make Joe too kidsie. That is one of the issues they are having. But yeah, I would have so much fun. There are so many cool characters to play with."

Jon M. Chu also talked about his plans for the upcoming sequel.

"I have a bunch of stuff written down. I have done a bunch of drawings and things. We'll have to see where that goes. Joe, to me, is iconic. It is as American as Coke and the Boy Scouts. To have that kind of history in a brand is so rare these days. And that is so powerful. So you can't treat Joe like its just another action movie. You can't treat Joe as just another petty commercial movie. Joe has history. Joe has always been a part of what America is, and now the world. What it means to be a leader and a hero. For me, it is about the fun stuff like Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, and all the gadgets. All of that stuff. But it has heart. Its heart is what America, and what heroes and leaders around the world, strive to be. I think that is what the brand needs. It needs the respect to be treated in that way."

To see all the related news connected with the GI Joe Move 2 director click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: GI Joe Movie 2 Jon M. Chu Set To Direct - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #94
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out screen captures for G.I. Joe Renegades episode - Fire Fight. Little late this round, sorry about that. In this ep, we see the first appearances for G.I. Joe regulars Firefly and BBQ!

All images are 1920 x 1080 pixels from HD television source.

Make sure to check our G.I. Joe Renegades Screen Capture Index for a list of all the episodes and discuss them all there. Post your favorite!
Original Source: Renegades Fire Fight Screen Caps - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #95
ThundeRSS

Original Source: Featured Ebay Auctions - Cool G.I. Joe Items - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #96
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The newest issue of Ages 25 & Up, entitled Big Deal, is now online for your viewing pleasure! This week, Cobra Commander has a job for Destro, which can only mean trouble! Click on the Title Bar to check out the latest online copy of A25&U!

We're catching up on a few issues due to coverage of the 2011 New York Toy Fair, so click the Title Bar to also check out Issue #128 entitled Small Details and #127 entitled The Final Letter.

Once you've finished the latest installments, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums by clicking the Discuss Button!
Original Source: Ages 25 and Up #129 - Big Deal - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #97
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com boards members have submitted 64 of their favorite unproduced G.I. Joe & Cobra Modern Era Characters. We collected the data and placed each entry into the first ever G.I. Joe March Madness Tournament.

We have searched the HISSTANK.com forums for customs of unproduced figures that have been posted up. Many of these are worthy designs for production. Feel free to discuss version types inside each poll thread.

To cast your votes click the Discuss Button.
Original Source: G.I. Joe March Madness 2011 Kicks-Off! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 02-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #98
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member nath_1977 started out with 2 Lanard tanks, added a ton of scratchbuilding in and out, lights in and out, all new weapons, paint & decals to get this custom Cobra G.O.L.E.M. (Ground Operations/Logistics Enhanced Mobile)

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details in post #1 then -> be sure to check out post #53 where fellow board member Cobraticon, owner of this project, posted work in progress pics & more.
Original Source: Custom Cobra GOLEM - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #99
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank boards member Pete@Cobra-La HISS Tank has obtained a press release revealing that Morgan Lofting, voice actor for the original Baroness, will be in attendance at JoeCon 2011!

G.I. JoeCon 2011 announces Final SPECIAL Guest, Morgan Lofting, voice of the original Baroness!

Fort Worth, TX - March 1st, 2011 - Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro's official G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention, G.I.JoeCon, has announced their final guest will be none other than Morgan Lofting, the amazing actress who provided the voice of the 1980's original femme fatale... G.I. Joe's The Baroness!

This will be Ms. Loftings first ever convention appearance. She will be available during the show for autographs, pictures and will be participating in panels alongside Hank Garrett, voice of Dial-Tone from the 1980's G.I.Joe series. "We couldn't be more excited that Ms. Lofting will be joining us at G.I.JoeCon in Orlando, Florida" said G.I. Collectors' Club Director Brian Savage. "The Baroness is without a doubt a pop culture staple and fans won't want to miss the chance to meet the voice of one of the 80's most recognizable characters!"

G.I.JoeCon will be held from March 31st - April 3rd at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. G.I.JoeCon features a weekend long slate of panels, seminars, autograph sessions, a Film Festival, Costume Contest, Casino Night and of course the huge Exhibit Hall an Dealer Sales room featuring Hasbro, G.I.Joe vendors and various licensees. Fans of both G.I.Joe and pop culture will get to experience everything G.I. Joe this spring in Orlando, Florida!

Both attending and non-attending packages are still available. General Admission is available on Saturday and Sunday as well.

For more information on G.I.JoeCon, the weekend activities and the exclusive figure offerings, please visit www.GIJoeCon.com

About HASBRO
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, G.I. JOE and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. (C) 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About FUN PUBLICATIONS, INC.
For over 15 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as G.I.JoeCon and BotCon. Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit www.TransformersClub.com, www.GIJoeClub.com, www.GIJoeCon.com , and www.BotCon.com .
Original Source: The Baroness At JoeCon 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 03-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #100
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has revealed that they will be offering 600 carded, limited edition 25th Anniversary Dial Tone figures for sale at JoeCon 2011.

Fun Publications to offer LIMITED EDITION Carded 25th anniversary Dial-Tone at G.I. JoeCon!

Fort Worth, TX – March 1, 2011 – Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro’s official G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club & Convention, G.I.JoeCon, has announced that they will be making available a very limited number of carded 25th Anniversary Dial-Tone figures. The 25th anniversary Dial-Tone figure is the current free incentive figure for the G.I. Joe Club, but due to collector demand, Fun Publications is producing carded versions for fans to purchase and keep alongside their other 25th anniversary carded figures.

These carded Dial-Tone’s will be available at G.I. JoeCon for fans and collectors’ to purchase at the convention taking place late March in Orlando, Florida. Hank Garrett, the voice for Dial-Tone from the 1980’s G.I. Joe series, will be on hand to sign carded figures purchased at the show. These will be limited to 600 pieces.

Collectors’ though still have two weeks to sign up to receive this figure loose in a sealed plastic baggie as part of their membership to the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. As a member you will receive the FREE Membership incentive figure Dial-Tone, 12 issues of the Official G.I. Joe Collectors' Club Magazine, discounts on your Convention package and more! For more information please visit www.gijoeclub.com

For more information on G.I.Joecon, the weekend activities and the exclusive figure offerings, please visit www.GIJoeCon.com.
About HASBRO
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, G.I. JOE and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. (C) 2011 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About FUN PUBLICATIONS, INC.
For over 15 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as GIJoeCon and BotCon. Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit www.TransformersClub.com, www.GIJoeClub.com, www.GIJoeCon.com, and www.BotCon.com.
Original Source: JoeCon 2011 Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Dial Tone - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe