TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #101
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
This episode was "GREAT", Im not much of a backstory-fan, but this1 really got me, in a way it brought tears to my eyes, just how sad but at the same time "good" it of a story this was. Sure they left alot of holes & such as wat happened to their mom, and other 2 kids, Are they still alive or dead. but thats fine w me, Im guessin their mom and other kids were killed in episode1 during the battle fight which killed alot of kids so that might of been them. who knows?! but yea theres always room for those kids and mom to come out at a later time.
for a later show to mention them again kinda like tygra's dad. \
As for those who said Panthro and Cheetara leaving the wily's behind is not a bad thing. not like they left em way out there, it was only a few feet away. Its kinda like saying "kids..go play" or go find sumthing to do while i work on the tank.
So he just told em to find sumthing to eat among themselfs. sure enough they did.
Again. this show was great. i dont c why most people hated it.
it had feelings to it., it showd just how much a mother's love can be to her kids. feeding ur own kids b4 putting ur self 1st. telling them everything gonna be ok, we will make it. i guess lots of people dont see it like that, i do. so i really saw the direction this was going and it came out wonderful

Last edited by JASONKAT; 04-22-2012 at 09:28 PM..
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #102
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONKAT View Post
This episode was "GREAT", Im not much of a backstory-fan, but this1 really got me, in a way it brought tears to my eyes, just how sad but at the same time "good" it of a story this was. Sure they left alot of holes & such as wat happened to their mom, and other 2 kids, Are they still alive or dead. but thats fine w me, Im guessin their mom and other kids were killed in episode1 during the battle fight which killed alot of kids so that might of been them. who knows?! but yea theres always room for those kids and mom to come out at a later time.
As for those who said Panthro and Cheetara leaving the wily's behind is not a bad thing. not like they left em way out there, it was only a few feet away. Its kinda like saying "kids..go play" or go find sumthing to do while i work on the tank.
So he just told em to find sumthing to eat among themselfs. sure enough they did.
it had feelings to it., it showd just how much a mother's love can be to her kids. feeding ur own kids b4 putting ur self 1st. telling them everything gonna be ok, we will make it. i guess lots of people dont see it like that, i do. so i really saw the direction this was going and it came out wonderful
I don't get why the episode got such bad reviews either. It wasn't the best episode ever or anything, but it was a far cry from the first couple of episodes this season.

I think a lot of the dislike may have been from the lack of importance or progression here, largely brought on by the lack of Lion-o. Despite being an ensemble cast, this is a show with an unquestioned main character, and when he's not in an episode it feels like a side story.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #103
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
As for those who said Panthro and Cheetara leaving the wily's behind is not a bad thing. not like they left em way out there, it wqas only a few feet away. Its kinda like saying "kids..go play" or go find sumthing to do while i work on the tank.
So he just told em to find sumthing to eat along themselfs. sure enough they did.
Unless i saw it incorrectly, they were very deep into the forest. The Tank where Cheetara and Panthro were at by the end was on the mountain side. I doubt they'd travel a little ways to find some animals. I mean, usually you go for miles until you even see an animal out there. Also, by the time the twins get back it's nighttime and quite dark. And Cheetara and Panthro said they had to find food or they'd sleep outside; even if they slept outside by the tank, they're on a mountain. Even with a sleeping bag and huddled together they'd be freezing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I don't get why the episode got such bad reviews either. It wasn't the best episode ever or anything, but it was a far cry from the first couple of episodes this season.

I think a lot of the dislike may have been from the lack of importance or progression here, largely brought on by the lack of Lion-o. Despite being an ensemble cast, this is a show with an unquestioned main character, and when he's not in an episode it feels like a side story.
Besides the aesop, my only problem was with the twins leaving the family, and the whole hunting thing in the first place. I mean, if the twins didn't want to kill an animal couldn't they just send them to look for fruits?

Last edited by hollowdheart; 04-22-2012 at 09:41 PM..
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #104
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Also, when the twins were left alone in the forest, why didn't Cheetara and Panthro stay with them (like hiding in a tree or something) to look after them? I mean, unless Cheetara wanted to get back to wait for Tygra and Panthro wanted to check on the Tank, i think at least one of them should have stayed.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 04-22-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #105
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Puma is a genus, but it is also an alternate common name for cougars/mountain lions depending on the region they're in.
D'OH! For some reason I thought Puma when referring to a particular species was referring to another species in the Puma genus (looking it up that's actually the Jaguarundi, which has no colloquial name in English). My mistake, sorry.

Quote:
Similar to how Black Panthers are usually just called Panthers even though "Panther" actually includes Tigers, Jaguars, Leopards, and Lions.
Er, actually, you've just made something of a mixed metaphor here as this is the reverse case of what you've just stated. Also, did you forget an "a" in the quotes there? "Panthera" is the genus that you're mentioning there.

Quote:
And even if Puma was only a genus a mountain lion would still be part of that genus and thus would still be a Puma.
Technically, you're correct. Which is the best kind of correct, according to Futurama.

Still, that last statement makes that one of yours I responded to a little off...

Quote:
well Pumas are considered Mountain Lions....
...as Mountain Lions are Pumas and vice-versa (colloquially). Wouldn't that be better as (vis-a-vis the whole Lion-O/Pumyra situation) "well Pumas are called Mountain Lions...."?

It also seems like it could be more amusing for the possible situation with a seeming mistake in there, as in:

Quote:
well Pumas are called Mounting Lions....

EDIT: I meant "Mountain Lions". No, really, I did.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #106
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Gosh, I hope not.

He didn't give her a flower.
Though he did show her "an act of kindness" by not fighting back, supposedly.

Maybe she'll "thank" him too.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #107
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post

She could, but I am not a fan of L/P.

Kishi (Naruto) does a better job with romance than MJ.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-22-2012 at 09:59 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #108
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:

We'll have to wait until the episode proper but it sounded to me like he pretty much offered her his life, that's a hell of a thing. Is it Saturday yet?
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #109
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
We'll have to wait until the episode proper but it sounded to me like he pretty much offered her his life, that's a hell of a thing. Is it Saturday yet?
He offered her his life? In what context?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #110
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
He offered her his life? In what context?
He let her beat him up.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #111
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
He let her beat him up.
Oh. Well, that's....interesting, i guess. Still don't see that as romantic.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #112
L08e16o
Quote:
Oh. Well, that's....interesting, i guess. Still don't see that as romantic.
He wanted to show her he wouldn't hurt another cat. She is really mad at him, because she thought he should've came back and save the other cats.

It seems like that is what is going to happen in the next episode, rescue the cats.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-22-2012 at 10:20 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #113
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Unless i saw it incorrectly, they were very deep into the forest. The Tank where Cheetara and Panthro were at by the end was on the mountain side. I doubt they'd travel a little ways to find some animals. I mean, usually you go for miles until you even see an animal out there. Also, by the time the twins get back it's nighttime and quite dark. And Cheetara and Panthro said they had to find food or they'd sleep outside; even if they slept outside by the tank, they're on a mountain. Even with a sleeping bag and huddled together they'd be freezing.

Besides the aesop, my only problem was with the twins leaving the family, and the whole hunting thing in the first place. I mean, if the twins didn't want to kill an animal couldn't they just send them to look for fruits?
I said this before, but I really don't think we should assume the cats are as useless in the wild as the average human is. They're CATS, and they're clearly supposed to be more wild than humans are. They're strong, fast, they've got FUR(so it's unlikely they'd truly freeze) and so on. I think they would have been fine.

Also, Cheetara and Panthro clearly state that the kids are CAPABLE of getting food, the whole leaving them there was just to get them to stop screwing around. I don't think they were that worried that the kids would actually fail.

Although I still didn't much like the aesop because Panthro and Cheetara were trying to teach them a legitimate life lesson and the show basically undercut the lesson and then sidestepped it. 'oh, we can't kill that animal, it has a family' as though there are animals somewhere without families. Presumably the skunk-badger thing has a family too. A family that it was going to feed the cute animals to and are now starving because of Wilykit and Wilykat.

Quote:
He let her beat him up.
I don't normally like to be that guy on a forum, but I do think you shouldn't be talking about spoilers for the next episode on the discussion thread about this one. There's a 'the pit' spoiler thread; this discussion should be there.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #114
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

Not to start a fight or anything, but why are you 'not a fan' of something that we haven't seen AT ALL yet?

Secondly, who's MJ? I'm pretty sure my first guess is wrong, and so is my second.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #115
Epitaph
The Hidden One
As with many here, I actually found the absence of Lion-o and Tygra refreshing, and it was nice to get an episode dedicated to the Thunderkittens, especially one fleshing out their characters a little more. I feel like they lost whatever moral there was, if there was intended to be one, though. It seemed like they were saying, if the choice is too hard, avoid it, and maybe something better will present itself?

Any FMA fans? I couldn't help thinking of the One is All, All is One test, where the two main characters (also kids) nearly starved to death before figuring out that they were part of the circle of life, and that hunting game for food was just part of that cycle. Even if the food is cute.

Then again, that may just been too much maturity for a Saturday Morning Cartoon

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
Kinda speaking out of my ass here since I'm still recovering from a 15 hour work day and staying up over 24 hours, but I felt like the whole moral of the story here was that the kittens had always tried the alternative solution when the obvious hard choices seemed too grim.
I do like this idea, that the kittens think their way around things, instead of taking what may seem obvious to the older Thundercats. It's clear they've experienced hardship and had to suspend their morals when it was clear that they wouldn't survive otherwise. Honestly returning money didn't get them anywhere, and stealing became necessary.

In fact, when we first met the kittens, they were charming peasants so they could loot them for money.

I just felt that the resistance to make the hard choice to hunt didn't jive with the display of hard choices we were shown throughout the episode. Follow me?

And completely out of left field...

Quote:
Panthro is already in a meaningful, committed relationship with the ThunderTank, anything else would be considered adultery.
Panthro/ThunderTank OTP. That is all.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #116
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Not to start a fight or anything, but why are you 'not a fan' of something that we haven't seen AT ALL yet?

Secondly, who's MJ? I'm pretty sure my first guess is wrong, and so is my second.
Michael Jelenic, i think.

Maybe they're talking about the comics? All i can remember about them is the atrocious way T/C was made canon in them.

Also, i was a bit confused about Cheetara hunting for food; sure she was an orphan in Thundera (unless she's from somewhere else) and i don't think Clerics hunted for food, given that they probably got free meals for protecting the King and Royal family.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #117
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

Maybe they're talking about the comics? All i can remember about them is the atrocious way T/C was made canon in them.

Also, i was a bit confused about Cheetara hunting for food; sure she was an orphan in Thundera (unless she's from somewhere else) and i don't think Clerics hunted for food, given that they probably got free meals for protecting the King and Royal family.
Ah, I didn't know that was his first name.

As for hunting, it goes back to what I said about them being cats, I think. Given that they're descended/related to VERY efficient hunter-killers, I think we're supposed to assume that hunting is part of their life-style and a skill all adult cats basically have. Also, as soldier/bodyguard thing she may have just learned it as part of the skills to be an amazing warrior.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #118
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Ah, I didn't know that was his first name.

As for hunting, it goes back to what I said about them being cats, I think. Given that they're descended/related to VERY efficient hunter-killers, I think we're supposed to assume that hunting is part of their life-style and a skill all adult cats basically have. Also, as soldier/bodyguard thing she may have just learned it as part of the skills to be an amazing warrior.
But usually only feral cats hunt. Domesticated ones just bug you till you feed them. And the TC seem more domesticated/human than any of my cats.
Maybe.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #119
Epitaph
The Hidden One
Quote:
But usually only feral cats hunt. Domesticated ones just bug you till you feed them. And the TC seem more domesticated/human than any of my cats.
Maybe.
I don't know about you, but both my cats are domesticated and have their front claws removed...and they still sometimes bring home presents to the front step. They love it out in the woods.

...But they do bug me till I feed them >_>

I think any cat instinctively knows how to hunt. It probably doesn't have to be learned behaviour.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #120
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
I don't know about you, but both my cats are domesticated and have their front claws removed...and they still sometimes bring home presents to the front step. They love it out in the woods.

...But they do bug me till I feed them >_>

I think any cat instinctively knows how to hunt. It probably doesn't have to be learned behaviour.
This is true. Hunting is basically an instinct for cats. Left to their own devices, they just know how to do it. They're basically perfect for it too.

You know, I once looked up where domesticated cats come from (the theory anyway), since everyone knows dogs come from wolves, and it's kind of funny.

They're basically parasites. At some weird before-history time, they figured out as a species that if they were adorable, and semi-useful, humans would feed them. So they basically evolved WITH us to be more adorable and babyish so that we would care for them and they would thrive. And it WORKED. Cats are the most popular pet on earth. Stupid beasts are smarter than any of us.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #121
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
Quote:
Am I the only one who thought Cheetara was a sexy beast all dirtied up and crawling around on that tree branch?

Well I was kinda thinking the same thing, but.....I am a pervert anyhow! LMAO
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #122
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

What was so atrocious about the way they go together? Ive heard some complaints about what happened to them, but two people getting close over something traumatic is not unheard of. NO, DON'T. PM ME INSTEAD IF YOU WANT.

I love when this show reminds us that these characters are NOT completely human. Running on all fours, growling and roaring, all of this helps develop the fantasy aspect of this show. So once you give it some more thought, it doesn't seem heartless at all. When I was watching it the first time, I automatically assumed the adults would be hidden close by.

Last edited by Chique; 04-23-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #123
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Maybe.
My cat likes to leave dead birds on the front steps. We've gotten her a bell collar, so hopefully it'll put a stop to little love notes she's been leaving us.

The damn thing is annoying though. She likes to run around a lot at night, so it gets to me..

This episode may not have been as captivating as the last, but it was still a good watch.
Sure the twins made a bad move by leaving, but their hearts were in the right place. I hope to see the reunited with the rest of their family, if only briefly.
Am I the only one who thinks Cheetara came off a little snooty this episode ? It also seems like the boys are not the only ones with a competitive streak
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #124
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
What was so atrocious about the way they go together? Ive heard some complaints about what happened to them, but two people getting close over something traumatic is not unheard of. NO, DON'T. PM ME INSTEAD IF YOU WANT.

I love when this show reminds us that these characters are NOT completely human. Running on all fours, growling and roaring, all of this helps develop the fantasy aspect of this show. So once you give it some more though, it doesn't seem heartless at all. When I was watching it the first time, I automatically assumed the adults would be hidden close by.
How did they get together in the comics? My brother had Thundercats: The Return, but we never got anything after that, and I don't remember them being together in that.

I also like that these characters are not human, and that they've played that up more this time around than I remember in the OS. Such as the kids grooming themselves when they were trying to be cute so Panthro wouldn't get mad at them, and I seem to remember them purring before when they wanted to come with.

And that I think is an important aspect of what went on in this episode. I think there was a cultural element to it. 'They're CATS, they have to be able to hunt' is what I think was unconsciously going through Panthro and Cheetara's heads here. Maybe it's even a sign of an adult cat in Thundera, the ability to hunt. Although that's taking it further than the show reliably shows us.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #125
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
How did they get together in the comics? My brother had Thundercats: The Return, but we never got anything after that, and I don't remember them being together in that.
I can PM you the details, but what led up to it wasn't...good.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #126
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
We can all sit here & pick on every lil error we could spot. Most of them are pointless. while others are "what were they thinkin'" mistakes, lol.
But we are forgetting the fact that this is only a cartoon, its not a movie, or real. its intended & aimed at/for lil kids who prob wouldnt care what happened to whome.
If i sat here and B-L-A-H at every lil key error, id go nuts, lol
Now if this were the real movie then we'd have a problem, lol
but because this is all one giant cartoon-story, (most of the stuff we see/hear, will be lame, so dont worry, just kick back and enjoy it.
Im sure most of you didnt care why this or why that when we were growing up! hell i was to lil to even know, lol :P
I still say this is 1 of "few" Episodes that i really enjoyed about the twins, and hope theres more on the way. )
Old 04-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #127
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
We can all sit here & pick on every lil error we could spot. Most of them are pointless. while others are "what were they thinkin'" mistakes, lol.
But we are forgetting the fact that this is only a cartoon, its not a movie, or real. its intended & aimed at/for lil kids who prob wouldnt care what happened to whome.
but because this is all one giant cartoon-story, (most of the stuff we see/hear, will be lame, so dont worry, just kick back and enjoy it.
Im sure most of you didnt care why this or why that when we were growing up! hell i was to lil to even know, lol :P
I still say this is 1 of "few" Episodes that i really enjoyed about the twins, and hope theres more on the way. )
Umm... I think you're massively overreacting her. Most of this topic has been fairly tame, even if people's reactions to the episode are a little mixed. You want to see people picking apart and being angry, go read the threads for episodes 14 and 15.

THAT'S angry.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #128
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
@KaleRylan
lol. i dont think anybody's angry here, (not that i know of)i was just saying in general. not to worry over lil things, no big deal. Sorry if i interpreted like that. I agree tho, most threads can get alil rowdy. For whatever its worth, sorry about the misunderstanding.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 AM   #129
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
@KaleRylan
lol. i dont think anybody's angry here, (not that i know of)i was just saying in general. not to worry over lil things, no big deal. Sorry if i interpreted like that. I agree tho, most threads can get alil rowdy. For whatever its worth, sorry about the misunderstanding.
Fair enough.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #130
Paul
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

I don't normally like to be that guy on a forum, but I do think you shouldn't be talking about spoilers for the next episode on the discussion thread about this one. There's a 'the pit' spoiler thread; this discussion should be there.
No, I agree!! Guys please don't post details about episodes that none Irish people haven't seen, I've just read stuff I would have rather avoided before seeing the episode.

Also don't really get why people are panning this episode so much. Maybe as someone else suggested, if it had come earlier it would have been better. I just really liked the set up from the beginning - it's really cool that it was taking place during the previous episode, allowing all characters much more fleshing out and contact time.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #131
L08e16o
Quote:

Hollowdheart was correc, Michael Jelenic.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #132
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:

Neither am I. I've always thought Pumyra had chemistry with Bengali.

I'm hoping they would provide Lion-O with a hot lioness
Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #133
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
That is a terrible arguement. You are stating that kids are so stupid and uninvested that they can't tell quality from crap, since crap is easier to make, shovel that to them.

Quote:
But we are forgetting the fact that this is only a cartoon, its not a movie, or real. ...
First of all, since you bring it up twice, why does a cartoon get a pass, but a movie doesn't?

Secondly, it's a poor arguement. There's a difference between spotting an error and pointing out poor characterization or significant plot holes that breaks their suspension of disbelief.

Quote:
And you'd be wrong. Children are inexperienced, not stupid. (Well, except the stupid ones. )
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #134
L08e16o
Quote:
Neither am I. I've always thought Pumyra had chemistry with Bengali.

I'm hoping they would provide Lion-O with a hot lioness
Agreed. I always thought pumyra hooked up with one of the tigers.

She still could. Bengali could be one of the cats enslaved.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #135
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty

Last edited by JASONKAT; 04-23-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #136
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
And you'd be wrong. Children are inexperienced, not stupid. (Well, except the stupid ones. )[/QUOTE]

lol true!.
Lets hope the guy behind the writing on these episode(s) is not a stupid 1 then :P
I still love the TC one way or the other!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #137
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post

Also, did you forget an "a" in the quotes there? "Panthera" is the genus that you're mentioning there.
Are you from a different country than the US? Just wondering.

Yeah Panthera is the proper name for the genus, but it's commonly shortened to just Panther here in the states.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #138
Balgus82
anyway my biggest problem with this episode was that the flashbacks and the present segments didn't seem to gel well together. they were both about the Twins but otherwise seemed to have nothing else to link them.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-23-2012 at 06:42 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #139
stac
Thunder Kitty
Why are so many people intent on having Lion-O/Pumyra? Maybe it's acceptable if it’s useful to further character development, but romance for the sake of romance? On this show? No, thanks… I don’t want anymore.

After the way the triangle was handled, I don’t have much confidence in the writers’ abilities to handle romance convincingly.

Unless they can do romance believably, without wrecking character development, they should forgo the romance, and continue with the main story.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #140
mihoshi
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Why are so many people intent on having Lion-O/Pumyra? Maybe it's acceptable if it’s useful to further character development, but romance for the sake of romance?
I know, can't we have an adult female character that's not romantically linked to someone? Can't she be her own cat?
mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #141
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihoshi View Post
I know, can't we have an adult female character that's not romantically linked to someone? Can't she be her own cat?
No. That's what we have WilyKit for.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #142
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Kit's 8, she's not an adult yet....
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #143
Balgus82
I don't think it's so much that people think every female character should be paired off with someone. I think it's that people feel that Lion-O shouldn't end up alone like he was in the OS. Let the King have his Queen.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #144
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Are you from a different country than the US? Just wondering.

Yeah Panthera is the proper name for the genus, but it's commonly shortened to just Panther here in the states.
Umm... no, it's not. And I'm from the US. Panther is a colloquial name for the big black cats (which is actually just a coloration of a couple of the big cats and not an actual kind of cat at all). Panthera is the name of the genus that includes the four big cats (Tiger, Lion, Leopard, and Jaguar I believe). The two are not the same. Not even in common language. We do not call the four big cats 'panthers.' I believe you are confusing the two terms, which sound similar but are completely unrelated.

Speaking of which, has there ever been a Leopard character in thundercats?

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-23-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #145
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Why are so many people intent on having Lion-O/Pumyra? Maybe it's acceptable if it’s useful to further character development, but romance for the sake of romance? On this show? No, thanks… I don’t want anymore.

After the way the triangle was handled, I don’t have much confidence in the writers’ abilities to handle romance convincingly.

Unless they can do romance believably, without wrecking character development, they should forgo the romance, and continue with the main story.
I agree with you, but unfortunately I have to say I just like romance in my media. I know I should reconsider in this show since they have NOT done it well, but no matter how many times I tell myself that, a voice in my head keeps saying 'but maybe they'll do it right next time.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #146
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I love the directness of this. I can just imagine you looking at them like they're crazy for even suggesting it. Cracks me up.

Quote:
I don't think it's so much that people think every female character should be paired off with someone. I think it's that people feel that Lion-O shouldn't end up alone like he was in the OS. Let the King have his Queen.
It would also be kind of sad if he lost both his potential love interests to the tigers in the show. He's gonna kick that clan out of Thundera again.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #147
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Removed. Is there a way to just remove a post completely?
Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #148
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Removed. Is there a way to just remove a post completely?
No, just edit it. That's the only way.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #149
Balgus82
Quote:
Umm... no, it's not. And I'm from the US. Panther is a colloquial name for the big black cats (which is actually just a coloration of a couple of the big cats and not an actual kind of cat at all). Panthera is the name of the genus that includes the four big cats (Tiger, Lion, Leopard, and Jaguar I believe). The two are not the same. Not even in common language. We do not call the four big cats 'panthers.' I believe you are confusing the two terms, which sound similar but are completely unrelated.

Speaking of which, has there ever been a Leopard character in thundercats?
the color variation is specifically called "Black Panther" not just panther.
Panthera includes Black Panthers.
The naming depends on where you are. In Asia Leopards are called Panthers. In some places in the US Cougars are called Panthers. South and Central America Jaguars are called Panthers. etc. etc.

There are also White Panthers. which is another color variation of the same genus of big cats.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-23-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #150
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:

I know I'm not, lol. I personally would like to seen Lion-O fix the most important problem of all, uniting the animals and kicking Mumm-Ra's bony behind into oblivion. He's young and he's got the whole world on his shoulders. Sure it would be nice to have a romantic interest but I think it should be low on his priority list right now. They need some estrogen in the writing team if they want to pull off romance right. Yeah, ditto here. Story first, romance later.