TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 11-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Episode 11 - The Forrest of Magi Oar airs Friday, November 11 at 8:30PM EST on Cartoon Network.

Use this thread to talk about what you expect, as a live commentary thread as well as post airing discussion.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
I really like the designs of the ghost/spirit things in this episode. Same goes for those magic users.

Edit: Now I understand the original title of this episode....that said the new one is less spoileriffic.

Edit 2: Ha! Cheetara got a new magic staff. I like that!

I liked this episode a lot personally. Loved the designs in it and the design of the main good guy (who's name I can't remember atm) I look forward to the next one

Really getting good imo

Last edited by Wilyjo; 11-11-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Joe Moore
Administrator
Better than last week, but I feel the writers are really stalling. After so much build up to an epic race to find the stones, we get another villain of the week with no relation or bearing on the initial story arc.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Better than last week, but I feel the writers are really stalling. After so much build up to an epic race to find the stones, we get another villain of the week with no relation or bearing on the initial story arc.
True true, but still enjoyable this time. And well I think the fact that the sword of Omens can't be used on a force of good is important (unless I missed them stating that before)
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Good ep this week. Feel they found their stride again, brought us into an overall new world, with new ideas, without it being forced or corny. Characters that can be expanded upon later in the show, or other mediums after this ends.

I'm torn, cuz I don't mind them doing this when it's good, but because I know there's an underlying story that we need to get back to, I also want them to get to that.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
I was surprised to see this ep was written by Peter Lawrence - a writer and producer for the original series. Looks like he hasn't lost his touch for writing Thundercats
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #7
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Even cooler that the brought in some talent from the original then .
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Ep 11 HD Screen Caps
Old 11-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
Enjoyed this episode, very fun! I like how they brought back the idea the sword won't attack good beings. The paper warriors were actually very cool, and Vigaro was extremely awesome. I love the whole running thing with Cheetara's staff, very funny. I only have one hangup; where did Wilkykat get that weapon of his? And why hasn't he used it until now?
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
The teasers had me thinking this episode would be very cringe worthy, but now that I've seen it, it's a much better episode than I would have thought. The twist was very nice, but not all that unexpected. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cheetara will be able to do with that new staff of hers.

Snarf's part was really nice. Especially since he didn't do much, if anything, after that. Should be interesting to see that Snarf-centric episode we've heard about.

Looking forward to next week's episode. Especially since it's title is "Into the Astral Plane".
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #11
LXL Guy
Thunder Kitty
That was a good and fun episode. I love all the different characters that were introduced thus far. It's making this world of theirs a lot more colorful.

I love how there's actually a mention of the supposed love triangle as well right before the spirits appear.
LXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #12
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
I kinda didnt like this1, it felt like another "add-ons" just to extend the seasons alil bit.
I know everybody likes em as they come and i look forward to them as well. but as soon as i see where its going, i lose hope. Out of the bunch that have aired only some r worth re-watching while others r not.
An another thing..Wheres mum-ra? why havnt they gone after him? why hasnt he shown up? watever happened to their new towers home? Theres so many unanwered questions and when you hope to find out who what where and when? they end up giving u a diff story. But im not here to complain lolz, i love thundercats 4life, This is a new era. Where new things can happen, its a retelling of the story, So alot of it will not be the same as the 80s version. So i shell just kick back & enjoy whats ahead.

lil question tho that i noticed on tonight.."The Forrest of Magi Oar"
When lion-o gets mad and throws his claw & sword to the ground. Right b4 the big bird is headed his way. Out of nowhere it grabs him and takes him up to the sky, This does not give him nor did it show him pick up his sword again, But sumhow he is then seen later with the claw & sword back on his pants. Any1 else noticed that?!

Last edited by JASONKAT; 11-12-2011 at 01:46 AM..
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #13
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Yeah everyone noticed. Obviously he flew back for it......

So I thought the bad guys in this episode are awsome. I like how Mumm-Ras not being overused but agree he's got to be a bigger part of the show than he has been. The original got kind of rediculous with fighting the same enemies 100 times. As soon as the sword didn't work on the ghost I knew they were good. Kids show though so I expect some things to be obvious.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
ThundercatsHo
Thunder Kitty
Here is a link my friends... Enjoy..

Download Thundercats2011S01E11HDTVXviD-ASAP_HDTV-Shows.net.rar for free on Filesonic.com
ThundercatsHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #15
nomad16
Thundarian
another great episode and I like that were seeing a love triangle form between Lion-o tygra and cheetara though I think we can all agree that Lion-o is the one in her eyes lol
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #16
RedAlert Rescue
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundercatsHo View Post
Unfortunately that link does not work in the UK it says it's geoblocked anyone got another one that is not geoblocked like Megaupload say ?
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
Magi Oar = Anagram for Origami which is very fitting considering the content of this episode...
The Eye of Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #18
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
i totally loved it! the read or die feel, the giant owl! the environmental message shoved in our faces! lol!!! thanks ted! LOL! i loved that the kittens are getting used a lot more too. and being useful, rather then, useless. lol even if panthro said they're not useful for much, but they sure are!!!
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
crackus
Thunder Puss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlert Rescue View Post
Unfortunately that link does not work in the UK it says it's geoblocked anyone got another one that is not geoblocked like Megaupload say ?
there's one on btjunkie if you're intrested..
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #20
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlert Rescue View Post
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #21
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Another great episode!

Just had a few questions...

1. When sitting around the camp fire, Lion-O and Tygra discuss the sword's decision of Lord. Then Tygra says that Cheetara believes in Lion-O and Lion-O responds with something like "you know we'll eventually have to settle this."

Was Lion-O talking about the Lordship or referencing some love triangle with himself, Cheetara and Tygra? From previous episodes I had picked up on something between Lion-O and Cheetara. But I hadn't gotten the sense that Tygra had thrown his hat in that ring.

2. If Lion-O is talking about some kind of love triangle, can anyone cite some evidence for me? It's entirely possible that I am just forgetting something or missed something. But I'd like to know!

---

PS - that huge owl guy was awwwwwwwwesome. Was he from the original series? I don't remember him...
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #22
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinSage View Post
1. When sitting around the camp fire, Lion-O and Tygra discuss the sword's decision of Lord. Then Tygra says that Cheetara believes in Lion-O and Lion-O responds with something like "you know we'll eventually have to settle this."

Was Lion-O talking about the Lordship or referencing some love triangle with himself, Cheetara and Tygra? From previous episodes I had picked up on something between Lion-O and Cheetara. But I hadn't gotten the sense that Tygra had thrown his hat in that ring.

2. If Lion-O is talking about some kind of love triangle, can anyone cite some evidence for me? It's entirely possible that I am just forgetting something or missed something. But I'd like to know!
Lion-O was most definitely referencing the love triangle that's subtly been going on. As for Tygra's part in it, Bengali of Thundera pointed out that when Tygra saw Cheetara with the other Clerics bringing in the sword, he was shocked, and in a way that shows they knew each other beforehand. That and according to episode twelve's synopsis, Tygra and Cheetara had an "early relationship".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinSage View Post
PS - that huge owl guy was awwwwwwwwesome. Was he from the original series? I don't remember him...
I don't believe he was, but I'm not 100% sure. If not, he's definitely a character that could have fit into the original show.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #23
Yasraina
Thunder Kitty
That episode was great i loved the time when Tygra saved cheetara he was awesome!!!!
Yasraina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #24
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Raven -

Thanks, I'll have to look more deeply into those notes.

And yea, doesn't that owl just "feel" like something from the original? Great job of blending the new and the old.

Yasraina -

Tygra rules. Period ^_^
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #25
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye of Thundera View Post
Magi Oar = Anagram for Origami which is very fitting considering the content of this episode...
Oh I hadn't noticed that before. Cool! Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: actually it'd have to be misspelled Oragami but I like it anyway

Last edited by Purrsia; 11-15-2011 at 09:43 PM..
Old 11-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #26
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
why can't people just post a link to an actual video file instead of a zip file?

...like THIS :P

Last edited by mumm_ra_the_ever_living; 11-15-2011 at 11:47 PM..
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #27
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo
Thunder Kitty
Aaaawwww snap! The Lion and the Tiger both want to mate with the Cheetah!

Gonna be a WAR ON THE SHORE BABY!!!
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #28
flibbits
Thunder Kitty
Great? An envirowhacko episode throwing sustainability at the viewers. They're trying to defeat Mumm-Ra, or get revenge. They don't even know (or at least haven't shown) if any of their people are still alive. But they take time out to deliver a message about how returning to the stone age would be better for us.
flibbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #29
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
And when it was only the main plot, people were complaining about it being too plot-centered and that it needs character development episodes.

There is no pleasing some fans...

I loved the episode, the revelation of who the true villains were was quite shocking given the monstrous design of the owl guardian... and how Zek was even delivering the "word of wisdom of the day" to Lion-O!

The anagram for Origami... wow! Clever! Never saw that coming...
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #30
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
Ideally, the best stories advance plot while developing characters. Some of these eps seem to do that better than others. But for what the show is, it's not been bad in my view over all. Not perfect, but especially when you think about how inconsistent the old show could be, they do seem to try to be improving on certain aspects and I can dig that.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:57 AM   #31
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
The episode continues from Sight Beyond Sight when they go to the Forest of Magi Oar, a tribute to Origami. The paper warriors didn't come across as evil but they wanted to stay in the forest. There was a lot of good fights and the sibling rivalry resurfaced again between Lion-O and Tygra over Cheetara. If you watched the season finale, I guess we know who the best cat for Cheetara is.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 AM   #32
darthktempus
Thunder Kitty
they need to halt the plot for a few episodes and spend those few episodes on the characters. For me the characters are more important than any plot from any series.
darthktempus is offline   Reply With Quote