TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #101
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
The animation on Kim Possible is hardly on par with the animation on ThunderCats.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #102
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
japanese anime dishes out pretty quick... look at Naruto.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #103
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
IMHO no "new" Thundercats stuff, be it a cartoon, CGI, or live action movie will ever capture the magic of the original. That is not to say I am not open to new stuff, I am (I liked some of the Wild Storm comics).

Again IMO the best thing WB could do would be to digitally restore the OS series, release it on Blu Ray at a fair price, and release a classics toy line in conjunction with it that includes both fan favorite characters (Lion-O) as well as unreleased characters (Mandora) much like Mattel has done with MOTU. Not a toy line for stores but an online thing like Matty Collector. I believe the majority of Thundercats fans would enjoy this and would make Thundercats a profitable license again. From there they could start thinking about future projects.

With the demise of the new series and toy line however, who knows if they would even consider something like this. I know me personally I would rather have a property I own making me money as opposed to not.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #104
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
They've got books 1 and 2 up for sale, but no sign of book 3 yet. Also, if there was any sign of a complete/all-in-one set, it'd be news to me. Would certainly be nice, but I don't think it'll happen.
FWIW, my order for Bk3 has a date of October 2nd. Guess that could change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Dan Norton posted on the group again about four hours ago, stating that he never meant for his words to be twisted in the above manner. And that the show IS MERELY STILL ON HIATUS AND IS NOT CANCELLED. I don't have a screep cap of it, but it's there and you all have eyes and web browsers.
I believe this is the quote:

"Hey guys, I can see now how my words have really made an impact. This wasn't really my intention. If you look at what I said, it doesn't say anything more than what it means. The show remains in hiatus. Period. The reality is we are not currently working on the show. Which is what hiatus means. What is said between WB to CN or Bandai is between them. Until there is an official post or disclaimer from any of those people, the show has not been officially canceled. I don't have the authority to make any such statement. Again, I can only say I'm on a different project at the moment, which is Beware the Batman. I did a few drawings on my deviant art site for fun for tcats fans to enjoy. I would feel terrible if fans never got any kinda notice that the show would end one way or another. I hope there is talks of continuing the series, I'd love to finish the story. That's it, much love...."

Oh well...still a sad day around the kitty litter box.
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #105
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
No, I DO recall there being a preorder somewhere for a boxset from an official site. Heck, I almost preordered it myself. I'll try to find it and link you.
How's the search for the non-existent going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
And why would you want to buy a DVD to an unfinished show? There is no point in owning a show that just leaves us these days when they are better shows that do have endings.
Personally, I really like the episodes we did get. Yeah, there is no proper ending to it, and there never will be, but I personally don't see that as a reason to ignore what we did get.

Quote:
Let me know when you have solid proof that it's dead instead of speculation.
Let us know when you begin listening to reason...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #106
MONSTAR
Thunder Kitty
ThunderCats May Yet Still Be On The Loose At Cartoon Network (Update) - Thundercats - ToyNewsI.com
MONSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #107
Joe Moore
Administrator
That article contains no new info. The Dan Norton quote was posted in this thread already and it doesn't change the fact that there is no one working on the show.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #108
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
The show was basically all over the place. Cheetara's voice actor still has Tron.

Sad the journey is over. Happy that Mumm-ra won. Unless the show has a proper ending, the villains win by default.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #109
Matrix_Holder
Thunder Kitty
lackluster writing with poor pacing there is no wonder it failed. It started great, awesome animation, musical score and character models but it trailed off from the first story arc with only a handful of great episodes that were overshadowed by a majority of forgettable episodes . It was a real shame because I was really looking forward to the new show.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #110
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
The show was basically all over the place. Cheetara's voice actor still has Tron.

Sad the journey is over. Happy that Mumm-ra won. Unless the show has a proper ending, the villains win by default.
Hey, get it right.

Mummra and Pumyra (his beloved) won.

I like EC's character in Tron.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #111
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
No no no lion-o won. If the show continued cheetara would've been the other "beloved" of mumm-ra hmm maybe mumm-ra did win
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #112
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
No no no lion-o won. If the show continued cheetara would've been the other "beloved" of mumm-ra hmm maybe mumm-ra did win
And Pumyra would have tried to eliminate the rival for Mumm-ras affections.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #113
merlin
wizard
maybe saban pick up thundercats series for his vortexx channel
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #114
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Who is better does matter its like making Hot rod better than Optimus (with the matrix) or robin/night wing better than bat man. Outcasts hidden away in a cave isn't a kingdom. So if this was indeed the tygra show it was destined to fail. Should gave snarf more air time
I guess what I said was true.

DN and MM came out and said Tygra was their favorite and Tygra was always going to one up Lion-o.

I have never seen that in my life on a reboot where the main character took the back seat to a supporting character.

Tygra and the Tygra Cats. No wonder this show is hurting.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #115
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
i was on the cartoon network thundercat forum where mostly kids and fans talk about the show. one thread was about favorite thundercat character, and after reading over twenty something pages of it, i noticed that the only characters favored by kids were tygra and cheetara especially. liono was barely mentioned. the part that really gets me is how most of the kids would talk about how tygra was so strong, cool, and how he has a girlfriend. i understand that some characters from a cartoon series would have their own fan base but man, if the main hero doesn't isn't heavily favored, that means the people behind the show a'int doing something right.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #116
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i was on the cartoon network thundercat forum where mostly kids and fans talk about the show. one thread was about favorite thundercat character, and after reading over twenty something pages of it, i noticed that the only characters favored by kids were tygra and cheetara especially. liono was barely mentioned. the part that really gets me is how most of the kids would talk about how tygra was so strong, cool, and how he has a girlfriend. i understand that some characters from a cartoon series would have their own fan base but man, if the main hero doesn't isn't heavily favored, that means the people behind the show a'int doing something right.
This is blatant favoritism in this show.

DN and MM flat out said so at Tcon.

I don't think they cared. They wanted to make Tygra the star from the get go.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #117
stormbringer
Quote:
Sad but not surprising, they did everything they could to elevate Tygra, and make Lion-o the shows punching bag, of course kids would view Tygra as the "hero" .

Last edited by stormbringer; 09-26-2012 at 12:13 PM..
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #118
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
This is blatant favoritism in this show.

DN and MM flat out said so at Tcon.

I don't think they cared. They wanted to make Tygra the star from the get go.

I'm going to play devils advocate for a moment and just say this: You only got half a show before it was killed. While it is clear Tygra's character was pushed in the first season, it was necessary to show the growth of Liono's character for what should have been the next season. It is unfair to judge an incomplete work making this whole discussion irrelevant.

You have to have a character start out in the dumps to build them up. Do I agree with this plot strategy? No because it undermines developing any sort of relationship with the show, and is probably among the reason why the NS was axed.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #119
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
ThunderCats are coming back on the air guys, joining the Toonami block airing at 2:30 am starting October 6th. Rough spot I know, but at least it's back on TV!

http://www.toonzone.net/2012/09/toon.../#.UGNWeI1lR40
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #120
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I agree in that I too can see how the writers could have potentially used the relationship between Lion-O and Tygra to "build Lion-O up" in season two, but I disagree with this plot strategy completely and the fact that all the kids barely mention Lion-O as their favorite character is proof that it failed.

In Star Wars right from the start you knew Luke was an underdog and needed to be built up, but he had characters like Obi Wan, Leah, and even C3PO to some extent supporting him rather then bullying him or making fun of him constantly. In the OS of Thundercats they followed this formula and it worked. The other cats would point out his flaws, but in a way where he could learn and grow from his mistakes.

Sure, Han Solo would "rib" Luke every now and then but never to the extent Tygra would put Lion-O down with every opportunity like in the NS. Hell even Panthro would put him down as well in the first few episodes.

The writers could have found much better ways to build up Lion-O then the route they chose. Or made it happen earlier as opposed to waiting until season two (if that was even the plan) to show any character growth for Lion-O.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #121
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
I'm going to play devils advocate for a moment and just say this: You only got half a show before it was killed. While it is clear Tygra's character was pushed in the first season, it was necessary to show the growth of Liono's character for what should have been the next season. It is unfair to judge an incomplete work making this whole discussion irrelevant.

You have to have a character start out in the dumps to build them up. Do I agree with this plot strategy? No because it undermines developing any sort of relationship with the show, and is probably among the reason why the NS was axed.
If that is true, then I would be ok with it.

If it was Lion-o's turn in the second season.

But these were words coming from DN and MM for like five minutes, unless they were talking about the first season.

Last edited by L08e16o; 09-26-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #122
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
ThunderCats are coming back on the air guys, joining the Toonami block airing at 2:30 am starting October 6th. Rough spot I know, but at least it's back on TV!

Toonami on Adult Swim to Rerun “Sym-Bionic Titan”, “ThunderCats” Remake
I have to admit that I am pretty excited! At least it is a step in the right direction!
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 AM   #123
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
In Star Wars right from the start you knew Luke was an underdog and needed to be built up, but he had characters like Obi Wan, Leah, and even C3PO to some extent supporting him rather then bullying him or making fun of him constantly. In the OS of Thundercats they followed this formula and it worked. The other cats would point out his flaws, but in a way where he could learn and grow from his mistakes.

The remake of Tcats was never going to be even close to Star Wars. Less quality writing all around
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #124
Devinebull1978
Thunder Kitty
Its very simple why the 2011-12 show and toyline flopped. The cartoon was not written for kids! It was trying to please a broader market.

The original was plain and simple, good vs evil. No extended storylines. Kids dont have an expanded attention span. They want a quick storyline where Lion-o (Thundercats) would win in the end, and end of each season maybe a 3 or 4 parter to celebrate another year would be produced.

This new revamp was too intricate, storyline too long for a kid to take it seriously.

I remember clearly each show in the end in the 80's my heart was pounding, clutching my Lion-o in my hand. Happy knowing that He defeated Mum-ra or evil forces or a added baddie. The Thundercats always won in the end! not this dribble in the 2011-12 series!

Future producers aim for the MALE 4 to 12 year olds. Small attention span and Sh*tlaods of action/violence. They are the kids that pester their mothers the most for toys. Of course end a show with some sort of moral to be learnt.

This is why vintage He-man, vintage Thundercats etc shows worked and the toys sold.....LEARN from the past. Dont try to reinvent it!

nuff said

Devinebull1978
Devinebull1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #125
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
It would be awesome if CN were to bring a new ThunderCats series back they would show it on Toonami (saturday mornings). They know folks love this franchise way too much, it would be a perfect way for them to redeem themselves to fans who think the network is plundering towards an audience that craves action shows.

Maybe with the recent success of the Mezco line, WB has growing faith in the Cats.

Also, with the 30th anniversary approaching in a few years, I expect a motion picture to be done first followed by an animated remake of the 80's series! (sorta along the lines of the new Tmnt movie next year)
Huxtable85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #126
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I like your optimism Huxtable85. I would really like for this to come to fruition.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #127
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
I would rather they create an all new thundercats series for another channel. for example Nickelodeon or Vortex or the Hub. any of those channels i feel will respect this franchise enough to keep it on the air for more than one season.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #128
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I would rather they create an all new thundercats series for another channel. for example Nickelodeon or Vortex or the Hub. any of those channels i feel will respect this franchise enough to keep it on the air for more than one season.
Nickelodeon would be ideal for a new series, but I think WB would have to pay extra money for networking rights if they are not affiliated with Nick.

Now the Hub and Vortex show nothing but reruns...
Huxtable85 is offline   Reply With Quote