TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #151
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I love the directness of this. I can just imagine you looking at them like they're crazy for even suggesting it. Cracks me up.

It would also be kind of sad if he lost both his potential love interests to the tigers in the show. He's gonna kick that clan out of Thundera again.
It shouldn't be too much trouble kicking then out, there aren't too many tigers left.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #152
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
the color variation is specifically called "Black Panther" not just panther.
Panthera includes Black Panthers.
The naming depends on where you are. In Asia Leopards are called Panthers. In some places in the US Cougars are called Panthers. South and Central America Jaguars are called Panthers. etc. etc.

There are also White Panthers. which is another color variation of the same genus of big cats.
Black Panther is not included in any genus of anything because it's not a species. It's just a colloquial name of a color variation that can be applied to many different species of cat. Scientific names do not alter (unless of course some scientific disagreement occurs that changes the classification of the species). That's the point of scientific names.

The name of the genus is Panthera, which is what was being discussed, and what the other poster corrected you on. Colloquial naming variations do not change scientific name of the genus. Especially since the conversation was about the scientific breeding possibilities of the genus.

And in your correction of me you use it correctly. Panthera is the name of the genus, Panther is just a colloquial name for a completely random set of cats.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-23-2012 at 11:13 PM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #153
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
Why are so many people intent on having Lion-O/Pumyra? Maybe it's acceptable if it’s useful to further character development, but romance for the sake of romance? On this show? No, thanks… I don’t want anymore.

After the way the triangle was handled, I don’t have much confidence in the writers’ abilities to handle romance convincingly.

Unless they can do romance believably, without wrecking character development, they should forgo the romance, and continue with the main story.
We know why they want L/P, it won't threaten T/C.

I agree. I think to just have pumyra come along and just be a love interest is bad. What are the purpose of females in this show, just love interest.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #154
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihoshi View Post
I know, can't we have an adult female character that's not romantically linked to someone? Can't she be her own cat?
Thank you!!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #155
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
No. That's what we have WilyKit for.
This is not Japan (no Loli).
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #156
L08e16o
Quote:
I agree with you, but unfortunately I have to say I just like romance in my media. I know I should reconsider in this show since they have NOT done it well, but no matter how many times I tell myself that, a voice in my head keeps saying 'but maybe they'll do it right next time.
I like romance too, but it needs to be done right.

I would've been fine with T/C if they developed from the begining. The way they did it was really bad. It is hard to accept anything like that.

Pumyra is a different story, I don't want her with lion-o.

Why does a female that comes along need to be a love interest. Why can't they be thier own person.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-24-2012 at 07:37 AM..
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #157
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I like romance too, but it needs to be done right.

I would've been fine with T/C if they developed from the begining. The way they did it was really bad. It is hard to accept anything like that.

Pumyra is a different story, I don't want her with lion-o.

Why does a female that comes along need to be a love interest. Why can't they be thier own person.
Uh, I'm not going to name any names, but it looks like a lot of the Cheet-O supporters are the ones hoping for Pumyra to be a love interest for Lion-O

Personally, I don't see the need for everyone to be paired off. You can be happy without a significant other. No ones going to die, or turn into a rage monster if they don't get a bf/gf. At least, I hope not

Eh, as long as it doesn't overshadow her character, I won't complain. Which is seems like it wont(Jelenic said she will have a lot of screen time). Considering this isnt Thunder Day of Our Lives, I don't think another romance plot is going to take a lot of screen time. I feel like there is more story in line for Pumyra. Let keep the fingers crossed

You can be in a relationship, or have a love interest and still be "your own person". The authors just have to write it that way.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #158
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Believe it or not some Cheet-O fans I know do NOT want Pumyra with Lion-O, lol. I suspect they still would like their original ship.

As long as they don't overshadow my favorite cleric in favor of another female I don't care what they do with her...well no Ty/Pumyra either.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #159
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Believe it or not some Cheet-O fans I know do NOT want Pumyra with Lion-O, lol. I suspect they still would like their original ship.

As long as they don't overshadow my favorite cleric in favor of another female I don't care what they do with her...well no Ty/Pumyra either.
Yeap. The person I replied to is one of those fans ( he doesnt want L/P) , and Ive come across more. His post just made it seem like T/C fans are the only ones who want to see L/P happen. Some T/C fans dont want it to happen either. Some L/C fans do want it to happen.

If I could have my way, she wouldn't become anyone's love interest. You know what, if I could go back in time and have my way, Cheetara wouldnt have been anyone's love interest at all. As the female character most associated witht this franchise, she deserves more that just a silly love plot. What could have been, right?

Last edited by Chique; 04-24-2012 at 09:44 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #160
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Shipping Goggles: Like Beer Goggles, but less rational.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #161
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Yeap. The person I replied to is one of those fans ( he doesnt want L/P) , and Ive come across more. His post just made it seem like T/C fans are the only ones who want to see L/P happen. Some T/C fans dont want it to happen either. Some L/C fans do want it to happen.

If I could have my way, she wouldn't become anyone's love interest. You know what, if I could go back in time and have my way, Cheetara wouldnt have been anyone's love interest at all. As the female character most associated witht his franchise, she deserves more that just a silly love plot. What could have been, right?
To quote Aldo Reine, "Correcto."
The female of any series must not be solely defined by her relationship with a character. I'd go into equality, rights, blah blah blah, but thats waaay too off topic
Old 04-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #162
L08e16o
Quote:

If I could have my way, she wouldn't become anyone's love interest. You know what, if I could go back in time and have my way, Cheetara wouldnt have been anyone's love interest at all. As the female character most associated witht his franchise, she deserves more that just a silly love plot. What could have been, right?
The reason I don't like L/P is I am use to pumyra being with one of the tigers. So pumyra is a fallback love interest that comes along when the first season is almost over and we might now get a second season.

I think it also is a insult to pumyra and lion-o. It would be different if pumyra was with the group from the begining.

I agree with Cheetara. She really is not a cleric and everyone has some type of flashback that dealt with their past by themselves.

What do we really know about cheetara that involves her and no one else.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-24-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #163
L08e16o
Quote:
Uh, I'm not going to name any names, but it looks like a lot of the Cheet-O supporters are the ones hoping for Pumyra to be a love interest for Lion-O

Personally, I don't see the need for everyone to be paired off. You can be happy without a significant other. No ones going to die, or turn into a rage monster if they don't get a bf/gf. At least, I hope not

Eh, as long as it doesn't overshadow her character, I won't complain. Which is seems like it wont(Jelenic said she will have a lot of screen time). Considering this isnt Thunder Day of Our Lives, I don't think another romance plot is going to take a lot of screen time. I feel like there is more story in line for Pumyra. Let keep the fingers crossed

You can be in a relationship, or have a love interest and still be "your own person". The authors just have to write it that way.
The thing is, look how he has done cheetara so far.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #164
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The reason I don't like L/P is I am use to pumyra being with one of the tigers. So pumyra is a fallback love interest that comes along when the first season is almost over and we might now get a second season.

I think it also is a insult to pumyra and lion-o. It would be different if pumyra was with the group from the begining.

I agree with Cheetara. She really is not a cleric and everyone has some type of flashback that dealt with their past by themselves.

That's a personal preference (nothing wrong with that -.< ), but for all we know she will develop a great relationship with Lion-O in this reboot.

Fall back? We don't always marry our first loves/crushes. It happens, but from what I can tell it's not the norm. So everyone after your first crush is just a rbound/consolation prize? If they do go the Pumy-O route, than Lion-O's feelings about Cheetara should be clear and defined. That way, it's clear that he's moved on and no one can argue that he's turned Pumyra into a consolation prize. That would be insulting.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #165
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The thing is, look how he has done cheetara so far.
Cheetara and Pumyra don't have to have identcle storylines. I'm just hoping for the best.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #166
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Fall back? We don't always marry our first loves/crushes. It happens, but from what I can tell it's not the norm. So everyone after your first crush is just a rbound/consolation prize? If they do go the Pumy-O route, than Lion-O's feelings about Cheetara should be clear and defined. That way, it's clear that he's moved on and no one can argue that he's turned Pumyra into a consolation prize. That would be insulting.
Boom, nailed it. We haven't seen Lion-O and Cheetara talk like the used to since he got back from the Trials and in my opinion it's a little overdue. I would like to see him be over Cheetara before he starts to pursue Pumyra (if he does), I'd even be okay with Pumyra helping Lion-O get over her and having them fall for each other in the process, but it needs to be addressed. Even if it's just him saying "She's with Tygra and that's okay" and actually meaning it this time.
Perhaps as Lion-O and Pumyra grow closer Cheetara fears that he's falling into the same pattern he did with her and they have a little talk about it where he admits that he's accepted her decision and is happy for her and Tygra, but he just likes Pumyra is is just trying to get to know her before he makes the same mistakes he did last time. That would be the mature and reasonable thing to do.

But this is a kid's show, so screw it. She's jealous and they have a catfight.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #167
L08e16o
Quote:
That's a personal preference (nothing wrong with that -.< ), but for all we know she will develop a great relationship with Lion-O in this reboot.

You're right, 12 kids with crushes don't usually marry and I bet you it is very low chance of them marrying. High school sweet hearts marrying is so rare now.

She is a consolation prize, she is a b list character and not a core character of the TCats.

I think they have done cheetara a great disservice.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-24-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #168
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
She is a consolation prize, she is a b list character and not a core character of the TCats.
CORRECTION! She wasn't a core character, but that was the old series. New show, new continuity, new rules. You never know, maybe the guys running things now were big Pumyra fans back in the day and now they can make their own little fanfictions canon.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #169
L08e16o
Quote:
CORRECTION! She wasn't a core character, but that was the old series. New show, new continuity, new rules. You never know, maybe the guys running things now were big Pumyra fans back in the day and now they can make their own little fanfictions canon.
She still isn't.

MJ said he wanted to explore L/T/P/K/K/C/M, no pumyra.

I think if they were big pumyra fans, they would've brought her in earlier.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-24-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #170
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
She still isn't.

Well, we won't know that 'til it's done. Staff tend to say a lot of things in interviews that end up being untrue.

And as I said before, I just like romance in my media. Of course I prefer it's well done. But if you look at the final fantasy games for example, I prefer the games where the main character has a love interest to the ones where he/she doesn't have a love interest. It's just the way I am.

And in response to all the shipping goggle arguments, as I've said several times: I assumed from day one Cheetara would go with Tygra just for plot balance reasons, and also from that day I suggested to my brother that perhaps they would bring in Pumyra to be Lion-o's 'true' love interest. So this is not a thought process caused by the show, it's my original theory.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #171
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
So with pumrya now being in the picture will tygra and kit get jealous ???
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #172
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

In the OS tygra/panthro bengali/snarfer or bengali/kit pumyra/snow-meow were the most popular pairings along with alluro and tug mug . Maybe cheetara will become a b list character as the show progresses as pumyra will be getting some ep about her (so i've read) and that a lot more than what cheetara has gotten so far
Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #173
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
She still isn't.

The episode hasn't even aired and I'm beginning to dislike Pumyra already...not for Lion-O but for seemingly making it look like she's going to be held in more importance than the original characters. I should stop reading the boards
Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #174
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
The episode hasn't even aired and I'm beginning to dislike Pumyra already...not for Lion-O but for seemingly making it look like she's going to be held in more importance than the original characters. I should stop reading the boards
I really don't get why people are so bent on the 'original' characters. One of the main things I was looking forward to in this series was a chance to see new takes on the three new thundercats, since they were never as fleshed out as the originals and have a lot of room for interpretation. New characters are fun.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #175
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
I really don't get why people are so bent on the 'original' characters. One of the main things I was looking forward to in this series was a chance to see new takes on the three new thundercats, since they were never as fleshed out as the originals and have a lot of room for interpretation. New characters are fun.
I wouldn't call it being so bent on the originals. That's just personal preference. I like my original characters, and that's just me. I have no say with what the animators do. Heck if they decide to kill Tygra then and there I can whine all I want and nothing is going to happen. I'm getting flashbacks of Tenchi Muyo...where after being in the household for what seems like forever, Ryoko and Ayeka get pushed aside for Sakuya because Tenchi takes a liking to her.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #176
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I wouldn't call it being so bent on the originals. That's just personal preference. I like my original characters, and that's just me. I have no say with what the animators do. Heck if they decide to kill Tygra then and there I can whine all I want and nothing is going to happen. I'm getting flashbacks of Tenchi Muyo...where after being in the household for what seems like forever, Ryoko and Ayeka get pushed aside for Sakuya because Tenchi takes a liking to her.
Heck if they decide to kill Tygra then and there I can whine all I want and nothing is going to happen.

Heck if they decide to kill Tygra then and there I can whine all I want and nothing is going to happen.

Heck if they decide to kill Tygra

kill Tygra

Such words should never be spoken. ..
Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #177
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

kill Tygra

Kill Tygra.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #178
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
Kill Tygra.
I have a friend who writes fics and he's done that to Tygra more times than I can count on my fingers.

I just threaten to bring him back to life as a studly tiger vampire, or revive him like a duel master card.

That's what witch doctors are for.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #179
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
They kind of did this back in the OS as well, so you do have reason to be concerned: Pumyra, Bengali and Lynx-O took time from the original characters, and I think Tygra was actually the one who suffered the most. Right now I fear about Cheetara. And I could care less about getting to know new characters, considering we know so little about the ones we already have.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #180
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I have a friend who writes fics and he's done that to Tygra more times than I can count on my fingers.

I just threaten to bring him back to life as a studly tiger vampire, or revive him like a duel master card.

That's what witch doctors are for.
most of the time I tend to brutally kill characters I don't like in fanfics, but oddly I have no urge to slaughter Tygra, perhaps it's my great appreciation and respect for the original series' version. I, instead, look for ways to rip that ego out of his psyche and turn him into the zen badass he was when I was a kid.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #181
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Kill Tygra.
To think I've already plonked people for less LMAO
Old 04-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #182
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
To think I've already plonked people for less LMAO
I've been plonked for less too
Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #183
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
You're right. I am just surprised by the number of people that seem dead set against ANY of the new cats being introduced or given any focus.

I mean, one could argue that the introduction of Toph took away from Aang, Sokka, and Katara in the last airbender, or the introduction of Zatanna took away from superboy in Young justice. But that's a very weird way to analyze a show. Media constantly add new characters, whether it's tv, comics with new X-men, or whatever. Most people hope for well-done new characters. This is one of the only communities I've ever been involved in where everyone is so dead-set against new characters. And it's really not that big of a cast as of now.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #184
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I've been plonked for less too
I'm positive you were fully deserving!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #185
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I'm positive you were fully deserving!
mmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #186
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
In the OS tygra/panthro bengali/snarfer or bengali/kit pumyra/snow-meow were the most popular pairings along with alluro and tug mug . Maybe cheetara will become a b list character as the show progresses as pumyra will be getting some ep about her (so i've read) and that a lot more than what cheetara has gotten so far
Thank you!! Cheetara is a core group character and we don't know why jaga ask her to watch over lion-o or why her dream is to be a cleric.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #187
L08e16o
Quote:
That is how I feel too.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #188
L08e16o
Quote:

kill Tygra

I would be bent out of shape and stop watching.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #189
L08e16o
Quote:
They kind of did this back in the OS as well, so you do have reason to be concerned: Pumyra, Bengali and Lynx-O took time from the original characters, and I think Tygra was actually the one who suffered the most. Right now I fear about Cheetara. And I could care less about getting to know new characters, considering we know so little about the ones we already have.
This is how I feel. I was looking forward after 17 and 18 how they were going to flesh out the OS core.

I was hoping the new ones would be guest stars and then come back in season 2.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #190
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
I probably would too. Just using an extreme example of what these animators can do and we unfortunately don't have much of a say into it.

Unless we have our own production network...lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #191
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It would depend on how its done to decide if I'd stop watching. I always got the feeling that is what they wanted to do to tygra in the OS but if they do it in this one it might be like duke/falcon from gi joe the movie only with tygra confessing his crush on lion-o before he dies
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #192
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Thank you!! Cheetara is a core group character and we don't know why jaga ask her to watch over lion-o or why her dream is to be a cleric.
Makes me wonder if they'll be killing her off later
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #193
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Makes me wonder if they'll be killing her off later
I don't think it's that kind of show.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #194
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I don't think it's that kind of show.
Pretty much agree with this. Originally they were going to have the Duelist kill off a father-son group in the Sword Town, but they didn't go ahead with it 'cause of the nature of the show.

Dingo107's deviantART Gallery
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #195
Balgus82
Quote:
She still isn't.

You can't take old interviews into context with new content. Back then they hadn't even confirmed Pumyra was even going to be on the show yet so why would they talk about her? Their job was to get people excited about the episodes they were about to air.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #196
L08e16o
Quote:
You can't take old interviews into context with new content. Back then they hadn't even confirmed Pumyra was even going to be on the show yet so why would they talk about her? Their job was to get people excited about the episodes they were about to air.
I thought they just finished episode 26 when they did comic con.

I am sorry, but the new pumyra doesn't even compare to the other females!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #197
Balgus82
Heck in the OS set of characters I never wanted Lion-O with ANY of the female cats.
To me he always had more chemistry with Mandora or Willa.

The NS I didn't like Lion-O with Cheetara because I didn't think their personalities meshed well. Lion-O was too immature for her IMO. He's only recently started to become more mature.

I'm still not sure if I want him with Pumyra in the NS. Just because I like Cheetara with Tygra doesn't necessarily mean I like Lion-O with Pumyra. I have to wait and see what her non-"angry at Lion-O" personality is like.

But seeing her design I do think she's prettier than Cheetara.
http://dingo107.deviantart.com/art/P...sign-298402318
Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #198
L08e16o
Quote:
Heck in the OS set of characters I never wanted Lion-O with ANY of the female cats.
To me he always had more chemistry with Mandora or Willa.

The NS I didn't like Lion-O with Cheetara because I didn't think their personalities meshed well. Lion-O was too immature for her IMO. He's only recently started to become more mature.

I'm still not sure if I want him with Pumyra in the NS. Just because I like Cheetara with Tygra doesn't necessarily mean I like Lion-O with Pumyra. I have to wait and see what her non-"angry at Lion-O" personality is like.

But seeing her design I do think she's prettier than Cheetara.
And Tygra is mature.

You want L/P, don't lie. Yeah, I have to wait to she her non-angry side. I already know what you are going to say Saturday after the show.

IMO she doesn't even touch cheetara, let alone the other cats.

I was hoping she looked better.

She looks like a little girl.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #199
Balgus82
Quote:
And Tygra is mature.

You want L/P, don't lie. Yeah, I have to wait to she her non-angry side. I already know what you are going to say Saturday after the show.

IMO she doesn't even touch cheetara, let alone the other cats.

I was hoping she looked better.

She looks like a little girl.
Tygra has shown more maturity than Lion-O. He can be a jerk to him sometimes, but nonetheless he was the responsible brother growing up.

I'm hopeful for Pumyra, but that doesn't automatically mean I want her with Lion-O yet.

And she absolutely does not look like a little girl. She looks like a teenager. And half the group, including Lion-O, are teenagers.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #200
L08e16o
Quote:
Tygra has shown more maturity than Lion-O. He can be a jerk to him sometimes, but nonetheless he was the responsible brother growing up.

I'm hopeful for Pumyra, but that doesn't automatically mean I want her with Lion-O yet.

And she absolutely does not look like a little girl. She looks like a teenager. And half the group, including Lion-O, are teenagers.
You are crazy, he was not a responsible brother. What did he do for lion-o?

Tygra was a jerk all the time.

She looks like a 15 year girl.