TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #451
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
MTV is still calling it “Cobra Strikes”, but the title is not the news in question. RZA is already very excited to be a part of G.I. Joe 2.

He seemed extremely enthusiastic about the project. "It's a great offer, a great producer," RZA said. "I like John Chu, he's directing it. We had a fun time talking about the character. It's a very strong cast. I want to do that. I think it will be a lot of fun, and I love having fun."

In movie 2, RZA is to play Blind Master.
Original Source: RZA Talks G. I. Joe Sequel - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #452
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Oxford Bricks. What is Oxford? You're probably wondering what this has to do, if anything, with GI Joe. Oxford Bricks is a Korean company which makes brick building construction sets, compatible with LEGO, and, KreO. Actually, ever notice the Oxford logo on the side of Transformers KreO boxes?(thanks to 2005 boards member Maetel for the heads up!)...

For those of you building the Transformers KreO sets, which includes myself and this guy, you're probably wondering when Hasbro will make GI Joe KreO sets, and GI Joe KreOns(mini-figures).

What you probably didn't know is that Oxford Bricks is not new to military themed sets. In fact they have made quite a few, ranging anywhere from helicopters to jeeps, to battleships, armor, and even a stealth fighter. So does Hasbro's partner in crime for KreO have what it takes to make GI Joe KreO sets? Check out all the images(courtesy of eBay seller a2zever), and you be the judge!
Original Source: What GI Joe KreO Could Look Like - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #453
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
This may not be G.I. Joe related but some of you may find this news to be worthy! Just like most children of the 1980s, I was at home every Saturday morning watching cartoons and one of the major players was M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) along with G.I. Joe and Transformers. Finally on August 9, 2011 from Shout! Factory you can own your copy of the Series DVD box set!

To view Images and Review for the M.A.S.K. Complete Original Series DVD Box Set click the title bar.
Original Source: M.A.S.K. Complete Original Series DVD Box Set Review & Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #454
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Gyre-Viper has posted images of the Crimson HISS Tank and Starscream Sky Striker over at JoeDeclassified, and we've mirrored some of the images here. Interestingly enough, the Starscream Sky Striker features a longer randome than the regular Sky Striker(tip is removable after taking apart). Stickers for Starscream were also factory applied. This is the 1st time that we have seen a production version, as the ones seen previously were vintage samples.
Original Source: New Crimson HISS And Starscream Sky Striker Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #455
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Sideshow Collectibles have revealed 2 new G.I. Joe 12-inch figures today, and both are currently available for preorder!

The previously teased Zartan figure has been revealed and will come with a wealth of items one of which being a mask for Zartan to use as a disguise. The exclusive version of this item, limited to 750 pieces, will have an "Evil Duke" mask portrait. Zartan will set fans back $159.99 to view the item at Sideshow's website click here: Sideshow Collectibles Zartan or the exclusive version here: Sideshow Collectibles Zartan Exclusive Version

Rock N' Roll also comes with a wealth of items and weapons as one would expect. The exclusive version of this item, limited to 500 pieces, comes with a bandana portrait so you can display Rock N' Roll wearing a bandana, beret, or helmet. Rock N' Roll will set fans back $134.99, to view the standard version of Rock N' Roll click here: Sideshow Collectibles Rock N' Roll or for the exclusive version click here: Sideshow Collectibles Rock N' Roll Exclusive Version
Original Source: Sideshow Collectibles Zartan and Rock N' Roll up for Preorder - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #456
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Tim 121RVC made these custom G.I. Joe ARAH human form Transformers Soundwave and Warpath.

Click the Discuss button for all the pics and details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe ARAH Human Transformers - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #457
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Deefuzz @ HissTank.com

Quote:
To add to the other G.I. Joe related items put up today for preorder, Sideshow Collectibles just put up a teaser image of their next upcoming 12" figure environment titled: Urban Threat - Condition Red. The 12" Firefly and Cobra Viper are used in the image (but do not come with the environment) and we can see part of a brick wall, some torn away steel from a wall, and what appears to be a large bomb or explosive device.

No other images, details, or price are available at this time. You can see the teaser image at Sideshow's Website at the following link: Sideshow Collectibles Urban Threat - Condition Red 12" Environment.
Original Source: Sideshow Collectibles Reveals New 12" Environment - Urban Threat - Condition Red - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #458
ThundeRSS

Quote:
While we had heard months ago that GI Joe II will be filming in Louisiana, today we have official confirmation by way of Louisiana Entertainment

Paramount’s feature film G.I. Joe 2 will shoot August 15th to November 24th in New Orleans.

A few days ago we mentioned that The Rock AKA Roadblock will be filming from August-November.

With filming to start next month, which new characters(and associated actors/actresses) will be added to the cast of GI Joe II?
Original Source: GI Joe II Officially Confirmed To Shoot In Louisiana - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #459
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank.com boards members OSOK for letting us know that the GI Joe 30th Anniversary Sky Striker has hit US retail at TARGET! Smoke trails have been seen all over the United States as people leave the safety of their Air Conditioned computer rooms to go Sky Striker hunting. GOOD LUCK!

GI Joe 30th Anniversary Sky Striker
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Sky Striker Hits US Retail - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #460
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Python Viper made this custom Cobra Python Patrol Flagg called the Python Leviathan.

"Cobra’s newest weapon of global domination joins the Python Patrol as the PYTHON LEVIATHAN. With full stealth capabilities from radar and most other forms of detection, the PYTHON LEVIATHAN can roam the seas at will and act as the spearhead for Python Patrol in Cobra’s campaigns to destroy G.I.Joe and conquer the world!"

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom Cobra Python Patrol Flagg - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #461
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Amazon is providing us with 3 new IDW G. I. Joe Trade Paperbacks. Out of the three, one seems to be a reprint.
  • Classic G.I. Joe Volume 13
  • G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes: Cobra Civil War Vol. 1
  • G.I. Joe Animated: Renegades Volume 1

Read more about them after the jump.
Original Source: New G. I. Joe Amazon Comic Book Listings - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #462
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
It's Sunday, so it must be time for the latest issue of Ages 25 & Up!

This week, the remaining captive G.I.Joe Forces meet the Autobots sent to find them, and Scarlett's not pleased about the would-be rescue effort!

Once you've checked out the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums!
Original Source: Ages 25 and Up #148 - New Bots On The Block - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #463
ThundeRSS

Quote:
On Saturday 23rd July, the Joe fans visiting the San Diego Comic-Con 2011 will get a chance to meet the Costume Designers of G. I. Joe 2.

The following update is at the Official Comic-Con Website.

5:00-6:00 Costume Designers & Costume Illustrators— Meet the men and women who are the costume designers and costume illustrators on this year's blockbuster films. Moderator Susan Nininger (member of Costume Designers Guild, Local 892; costume designer, The Bodyguard) talks to panelists and costume designers Julie Weiss (Twelve Monkeys, The Ring), Joseph Porro (Stargate, Ultra Violet), Wendy Chuck (Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Twilight), and costume illustrators Christian Cordella (G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes, Captain America: The Last Avenger), Constantine Sekeres (G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes, Superman: Man of Steel, Thor, Green Lantern), Phillip Boutte (Superman: Man of Steel, Twilight Saga), and Brian Valenzuela (Super 8, Mission Impossible 4). Room 23ABC
Original Source: G. I. Joe 2 Costume Designers At San Diego Comic-Con 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #464
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Hasbro just sent us the Official Press Release regarding their San Diego Comic-Con 2011 plans.

Hasbro’s presence at the convention will be rounded out by the highly anticipated HasbroToyShop.com special edition San Diego Comic-Con collectibles available at the HasbroToyShop booth (#3329) and in limited quantities, after Comic Con, at www.HasbroToyShop.com.

G.I. JOE 3.75" ZARANA SPECIAL EDITION FIGURE
(Ages: 4 & up; Approximate Retail Price: $14.99 each)
The Dreadnoks get even more dreadful as ZARTAN’S sister, ZARANA, becomes the latest G.I. JOE Comic-Con special edition figure…in two different styles! The primary figure features the mistress of disguise’s classic look, with pink top, pink hair and a classic-style buzzsaw weapon. The variant figure (sold separately) depicts the character in her “Cold Slither” rock band disguise—black Cold Slither shirt and black hair—and also comes with the buzzsaw weapon.

G.I. JOE SKY STRIKER VEHICLE WITH STARSCREAM DECO AND 3.75" COBRA COMMANDER SPECIAL EDITION FIGURE
(Ages: 4 & up; Approximate Retail Price: $49.99 each)
The worlds of G.I. JOE and TRANSFORMERS collide in toy form. The new G,I, JOE: SKY STRIKER jet receives a custom make-over to become the vehicle form of legendary DECEPTICON STARSCREAM. The COBRA COMMANDER figure, which can fit in the cockpit of the jet, features the classic character in a flight suit and comes with a custom Walther P38 pistol - well known to TRANSFORMERS fans as the alt-mode of DECEPTICON leader MEGATRON!

Read the entire Press Release, after the jump.
Original Source: Hasbro San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Official Press Release - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #465
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Still looking for some of those hard to find SDCC Exclusives? HISS Tank,com has put together a list of some of the best SDCC Exclusives from the past few years. Everything from 25th Anniversary to Current Pre-Orders for G.I. Joe SDCC 2011 Zarana! Sometimes it pays to get your figures early in the game.

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Pimp Daddy Destro SDCC 2007

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Cobra Commander SDCC 2008

G.I. Joe ROC Destro and 12" Baroness SDCC 2009

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Sgt. Slaughter SDCC 2011

G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary StarScream SkyStriker and Zarana Pre-Orders SDCC 2011

Good Luck and Happy Hunting for the SDCC 2011 GI Joe Exclusives.
Original Source: SDCC 2011 Countdown Past and Present Exclusives! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #466
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's the round up of news from the past week from our sister sites:With San Diego Comic Con 2011 beginning in a matter of days. news has been breaking left and right! Whether it's up close looks at DCUC Swamp Thing, to new Thundercats footage, there's a variety of news articles to check out from this past week, read on to check them out!
Original Source: TFW2005 Toyark And Thundercats.ws News Roundup July 18th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #468
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe 30th Anniversary got kicked off early at Target with the return of the Sky Striker XP21F over the weekend! We've got a photo review(50+ images!) in the works, but in the meantime, we've got some high res preview images for you! Over the weekend, fans voiced their desire to see the new Sky Striker decked out in its alternate stickers.

With that in mind, we decked out one sample with the alternate stickers(yellow/black trim, et al). Check it out after the jump, and stay tuned for our review of the venerable Sky Striker!
Original Source: Sky Striker XP21F Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #469
ThundeRSS

Quote:
SDCC 2011 WED, JULY 20 (Preview Night) 6:00 PM-9:00 PM
Expect the usual explosion of new product announcements and images from day one. www.HISSTANK.com and our sister sites will have full live coverage of all goings-on from Comic Con show room. Expect updates starting around 4PM EST!

Thursday

10:00-11:00 PT IDW and Hasbro: 2012 Transformations— What's coming up in IDW's Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Dungeons & Dragons titles? More important, who's taking over stewardship of Transformers and G.I. Joe? Find out as IDW's newest editor makes his presence known, alongside IDW's editorial team and creators such as Mike Costa, Livio Ramondelli, and more surprise guests! Also, get word of a new license being announced today! Room 9 Coverage at www.TFW2005.com and www.HISSTANK.com

11:30-12:30 PT Mattel and WWE: Past, Present, and Future— Hear from some of the top WWE Superstars of all time as they discuss the storied past, exciting present, and promising future of the company and how it's all celebrated in Mattel's action figure toy line! Get a sneak peek at upcoming products and be the first to hear exciting announcements for the 2012 line. Be on hand as WWE Superstars Triple H, Rey Mysterio a surprise WWE Legend, the WWE creative team, Mattel toy designers Bill Miekina and Derek Handy, and Mattel WWE brand manager Enrique Ruvalcaba present an action-packed Q&A! Room 24ABC Coverage at www.TOYARK.com

2:30-3:30 PT Hasbro Transformers Panel— Would you like to see what's new with Transformers? The marketing and design teams responsible for the current Transformers: Dark of the Moon line present all the latest toys at this panel. Also, see a sneak peek into the 2012 line. Includes Q&A time. Room 24ABC Coverage at www.TFW2005.com

3:30-4:30 PT The Making of Transformers Prime— Join the Emmy Award-winning Hasbro Studios creative team as they walk audience members through the challenges they faced in developing and producing this awe-inspiring show that has helped redefine Transformers for a whole new generation of fans. The team will discuss all aspects of the show, including character and set development and design, the writing of this epic series, and the musical elements that have made this show a success. Key guests include Mike Vogel, Brian Lenard, Jeff Kline, Duane Capizzi, and Jose Lopez. Room 24ABC Coverage at www.TFW2005.com
Original Source: SDCC 2011 Pre-View Night and Thursday - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #470
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Moviehole has posted an email from a reader named Reja, which states:
  • GI Joe II may now be retitled GI Joe 2 Retaliation(as you may remember, initially the movie was titled GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes, which was later changed)
  • Zartan will be in GI Joe II
Hey Clint,

I went up for “G.I Joe 2″ this week. Now firstly, I believe they’ve changed the name of the film from “G.I Joe 2 : Coba Strikes” to “G.I Joe 2 : Retaliation”.

The part I was chasing was Ibrahim, a presidential advisor to India’s leader. He tries to talk the president out of getting involved in a very suss rescue mission and consequently backing up the united states on something… that might not be totally legit.

And we all know who the president is now, right? Who is running the country? Zartan, played by Arnold Vosloo. He’s got the world leaders all under his thumb, war heads headed towards innocent populaces, and some new heavies on the payroll to keep G.I Joe at bay.

One of the first scenes to be shot is a flashback sequence with young Storm Shadow and young Snake Eyes which will cronicle how they became what they are and their relationship. Those parts have already been cast I think now they’re just working on the smaller roles – presidents of every country; security guards; ‘Mouse’, etc.

Anyway, thought you’d like to know about the title change and all that.

Vosloo was well received by the fandom for the most part, for his role as Zartan in Rise Of Cobra.
Original Source: Arnold Vosloo Returns As Zartan In GI Joe II Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #471
ThundeRSS

Quote:
With the revelation of the Sky Striker XP21F at Toy Fair 2011, Hasbro decided to kick off the GI Joe 30th Anniversary with a huge bang! Yesterday we gave you a preview, today we bring you the review!

Over 20 years off of US retail shelves and the Sky Striker has finally returned. Was it worth the wait? Read on to find out!
Original Source: Sky Striker XP21F Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #472
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out the 1st GI Joe images from San Diego Comic Con 2011! Stay tuned as we will add more soon! 1st up, a new GI Joe Renegades display banner and more images of the Starscream Sky Striker!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 GI Joe - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #473
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've just got new images of the USS FLAGG display at San Diego Comic Con 2011. The folks at Hasbro decided to flood the deck with the initial waves of upcoming GI Joe 30th Anniversary products that we should be seeing on shelves soon. In addition, Temple Guardian Snake Eyes artwork can be seen on a 30th Anniversary card.

More after the jump, and stay tuned for even more!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 USS FLAGG Display - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #474
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out the following Sideshow GI Joe collectibles on display now at San Diego Comic Con 2011:
  • Snake Eyes Premium Format Figure
  • Cobra Commander Premium Format Figure
Both are 1/4 scale statues. More after the jump!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 Sideshow GI Joe - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #475
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out the following Sideshow GI Joe collectibles on display now at San Diego Comic Con 2011:
  • Snake Eyes Premium Format Figure
  • Cobra Commander Premium Format Figure
Both are 1/4 scale statues. More after the jump!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 Sideshow GI Joe - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #476
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Check out some additional close up shots of the Snake Eyes and Timber statue from Sidshow, as seen at San Diego Comic Con 2011.
Original Source: Detailed Shots of Snake Eyes and Timber Statue from Sideshow - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #477
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out new up close images of Sideshow's Cobra Commander (not hooded) 12 inch premium format figure, as seen at San Diego Comic Con 2011.
Original Source: Close Up Images of Sideshow 12 Cobra Commander - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #478
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here are images from the Hasbro booth at San Diego Comic Con 2011. Shown are a mix of figures from the GI Joe 30th Anniversary line and GI Joe Renegades. Stay tuned for more, in the meantime, more pics after the jump!

For the latest Transformers news coming out of SDCC keep an eye on TFW2005.com. RAWR Thundercats news is inbound to Thundercats.ws. For everything else Action Figure and toy news related coming out of SDCC check out the coverage at ToyArk.com.
Original Source: SDCC GI Joe 2011 Hasbro Booth - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #479
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Just in from San Diego Comic Con 2011 are all new images of Sideshow Collectibles' 12 Inch GI Joe figures, including:
  • Rock n Roll
  • Zartan
  • General Hawk
  • Cobra Viper
Check out some more high end goodness after the jump!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 Sideshow 12 Inch GI Joe Display - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-21-2011, 02:12 AM   #480
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out some additional shots of the G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary and G.I. Joe Renegades Figures as seen at San Diego Comic Con 2011.
Original Source: G.I. Joe 30th Anniversary and Renegades at SDCC 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-21-2011, 02:12 AM   #481
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out additional high res pics of the G.I. Joe Diorama from San Diego Comic Con 2011.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Diorama Pics from SDCC 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-21-2011, 02:50 AM   #482
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Really tired of saying the generic things here. SO, view the super duper awesome radical dope fresh images of Sideshow Zartan and Rock N Roll. They are kick ass. Need to sleep. Enjoy.
Original Source: Sideshow Zartan and Rock N Roll at Comic Con 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-21-2011, 03:21 AM   #483
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Intrigued by the Sideshow Ninja Viper? Well how about some pictures by VIPER E7? VIPER E7 just received this figure and shared images of the box, and loose figure! More images of the Ninja Viper after the jump!

Not attending San Diego Comic Con 2011 but still want to get your hands on the limited edition Ninja Viper?
Preorder The SDCC Ninja Viper Here
Original Source: Sideshow Ninja Viper In Hand - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #484
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out our live blog of the IDW / Hasbro Panel from San Diego Comic Con 2011. This panel will feature news and info about Transformers, G.I. Joe, Dungeons and Dragons, plus some surprises!

If images are allowed at the panel, they will be uploaded right here to this story, click the title if you are viewing this on the HissTank.com homepage or via a feed to see all the images. Refresh every couple of minutes to see any new ones as they go up.

Make sure to check back all day today, Friday and Saturday for more live coverage from San Diego Comic Con 2011!

IDW and Hasbro: 2012 Transformations

Also make sure to check out our coverage for Transformers, Thundercats and Everything Else at SDCC 11 over at our sister sites:
Original Source: SDCC 2011 - IDW Hasbro Panel Live! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #485
ThundeRSS

Quote:
For those of you speculating whether we would see new GI Joe products in the display cases at San Diego Comic Con 2011, don't get your hopes up - we might not.

When we asked Hasbro, they said that there may be no new product to show

So as of today, there is nothing new and there is no GI Joe panel, and nothing new is planned to be shown at this point, but if things do indeed change, we will keep you informed!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 Hasbro GI Joe Update - Possibly No New Product To Show - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #486
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Ever since JoeCon 2010 we've been hearing that GI Joe II will be notably different from Rise Of Cobra. Anywhere from Brian Goldner stating that "In many ways, it'll be great for the people who saw the first one, but you don't need to have studied every element of the first one to enjoy the second. We've made sure that that's the case.", to director Jon Chu wanting a Gritty GI Joe 2. Now according to allkpop by way of BH Entertainment(agency for Storm Shadow actor Lee Byung Hun), GI Joe II will have a "different appeal":

Lee Byung Hun’s agency, BH Entertainment, stated, “After leaving for America yesterday, he is trying to adjust to the time difference and also further analyze his character. After spending time to prepare for his film, he is planning to concentrate on filming. Please expect for ‘Storm Shadow’ and a different appeal.”

Just little more than year to see how different GI Joe II will turn out to be.
Original Source: GI Joe II Different Appeal? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #487
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Richard Gottlieb of the Gifts And Decorative Accessories site, has recently posted an article debating if movie tie-ins are good for toy brands. While his article goes over the success of Cars 2 toys for Mattel, it also questions if a bad movie will doom a toy brand/line. Interestingly enough, GI Joe does come up in the discussion:

So, the question is how many of the children who leave Hot Wheels for the latest Cars themed products come back to Hot Wheels? In addition, what is the impact of a bad movie on an evergreen? My sources tell me that GI Joe has not recovered its former strength since the ill-fated movie came out. Rather than see it as a traditional toy, children who saw the movie saw it as just one of last summer's tie-in movies. Once the movie was done, they moved on to the next movie.

Movie tie-ins are important to the toy industry and no one is suggesting we back off. We may, however, want to think twice about the overall impact of a movie tie-in on the long term health of our highest value brands.

You may notice that the 1st live action Transformers Movie line broke the stigma(especially during that time...the Spiderman 3 and Pirates Of The Carribean lines weren't flying off of shelves) that "movie toys don't sell". Since 2007, plenty of movie toys have graced, and warmed, the shelves, even those tied into blockbuster hits such as Star Trek, and Avatar(to name a few). Unlike other movie toylines, the 2007 Transformers Movie line could not keep supply up with demand. Sure there have been other successful movie toy lines in recent years, but it's safe to say that most movie toylines weren't outright successes.

With the GI Joe 30th Anniversary line seeming shorter than expected, and GI Joe Renegades On Hiatus, it does seem like Hasbro is putting more effort into GI Joe II.

However, do you think this is the right direction to go in? It definitely seems that GI Joe II will be notably different from Rise Of Cobra, but do you think it's worth the risk, depending on the next movie to reinvigorate the GI Joe brand? Note that aside from the IDW GI Joe Comics, GI Joe II is the only big media tie-in planned for 2012. Any new animated series will come afterwards. Thoughts?
Original Source: Discussion Point - GI Joe Weaker After Rise Of Cobra - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #488
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Coming now from San Diego Comic Con 2011 is official confirmation from Channing Tatum himself that he is returning as Duke for GI Joe II. He's also a fan of The Rock.
Original Source: Channing Tatum Officially Back For GI Joe II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #489
ThundeRSS

Quote:
SDCC 2011 is turning out to be one of the best years I have attended this massive show. There is so much going on it's a whirl-wind of news and new product. If you have not had a chance to check out www.ToyArk.com now is the time. Thousands of new images of Marvel, Transformers, DC and many other brands. Now onto G.I. Joe! I had a chance to sit down and ask the G.I. Joe Team a few questions about the status of the line.

What is the Status of the Data-Viper?
The Data-Viper is not 100% cancelled. The reason he was dropped from the 30th anniversary celebration is becase the figure was just too big to tool up for a single carded figure. It's not dead, Hasbro just needs to find a way to fit him in the line. They understand this was a figure we all wanted and will be produced in the future just don't expect a single carded version at big box retail.

What's the Status of Quinn?
The fate of this figure is 100% set in stone, it will be produced. The real question is when? An official date for the G.I. Joe 2 Movie has not be set in stone. If the movie gets pushed up for an early release then we all know the the focus will switch over to the new Live Action G.I. Joe Movie. But anyway you look at it this figure is getting made. Fans and collectors of Transformers Toys I feel are more aware of how that works, Movie Toys then some form of Classic Toys - Repeat. So yeah the classic line always takes a break only to be reborn after the movie hype.

The Status of the G.I. Joe 2 Movie?
Things are looking good for the G.I. Joe Brand. The movie is going to look and feel a lot different then the first attempt at Live Action G.I. Joe. I talked to many people on the Hasbro team about how they felt and they could not go into detail but everybody is excited and I could see pure excitement surrounding the new Movie.

My Thoughts.....
When you step back and take a look at all the great product we have received this year, and still yet to come, there really is no reason for us to be hating on Hasbro. It's been one hell of a year with the release of the Sky Striker and all of the great POC figures that have come and gone including figures to fill in your classic ARAH collection.
Original Source: G.I. Joe Status Update from SDCC 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #490
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Hearts are breaking all over the USA as our very own C.I.A.D. has tied the knot. Best wishes from all your friends here at the Tank! Enjoy your day and party all night!

Original Source: C.I.A.D. No Longer A Free Man - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #491
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Hasbro/The Hub bid farewell to GI Joe Renegades with a "weird dream" clip featuring Michael Bell, only shown at the end of the 1st showing of GI Joe Renegades Episode 26 Revelations Part 2. Did your DVR cut off before this clip was shown, or did you miss it completely? No worries, thanks to snakeeyesv2 you can watch the clip in question, below!

GI Joe Renegades had much promise, as it had been hyped as a GI Joe animated series which would feature emphasis on storytelling and characterization. Initially it was planned to have multiple seasons. In a way, it was to GI Joe what War For Cybertron was to Transformers. Do you think Hasbro/The Hub did a good job ending Renegades on a good note? Further more, do you think it deserved more time to flesh out both the story and characters? Did it end too soon, or just right?
Original Source: Goodbye GI Joe Renegades - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #492
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Staring way too close at your computer monitor, over at the HasbroToyShop GI Joe Exclusives Page, constantly refreshing, waiting for the Zaranas and the Starscream Sky Striker? Well according to HasbroToyShop reps that HISS Tank board members Black Rose and bluebikerboy1 talked to on the phone today, the SDCC 2011 exclusives will not be up at Hasbrotoyshop.com until Tuesday morning.

That's not all, to further solidify this info, bluebikerboy1, has put his very reputation at stake, by posting this info. One shall stand, one shall fall; Tuesday morning, will there be enough for all?
Original Source: SDCC 2011 Exclusives At HasbroToyShop On Tuesday Morning - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #493
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out new images of Pit Viper Studios's Silent Commando Helmet, aka a Snake Eyes V1 mask! HISS Tank boards member has donned this mask and posted images of what it looks like when paired with his cosplay gear. Intrigued? Check out more images after the jump and see if this would be a good fit for you!
Original Source: Pit Viper Studios Silent Commando Helmet - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #494
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out a video which shows Sideshow Collectibles' upcoming Baroness Premium Format Figure!

The Baroness Premium Format Figure features:
  • Hard shelled segmented armor
  • Full body skin tight fabric suit
Original Source: Sideshow Baroness Premium Format Figure - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #497
ThundeRSS

Quote:
San Diego Comic Con 2011 was the highlight of this past weekend and over at The Toyark. With 1,000 images posted and more to come we covered a wide spectrum of toylines, some of which are posted here:

Masters of The Universe
Marvel
DC Comics
Star Wars
Other Toys News
Remember, this is only a sampling of everything that was covered. Check out Toyark's San Diego Comic-Con 2011 News for even more photos and toy lines not listed here.
Original Source: SDCC 2011 From The Toyark - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #498
ThundeRSS

Original Source: SDCC 2011 Thundercats.ws News Roundup - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #499
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Stronox made this custom G.I. Joe POC Wild Bill from the following.

"I made Wild Bill from a PoC Duke, RoC Wild Bill, and upper legs from a resolute trooper.
I wanted some good holsters to match his pistols so I trimmed Jango Fett's belt off as well.
Now, if I could only get a good chopper to go with him... Hope you guys like!"

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe POC Wild Bill - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #500
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The highly anticipated San Diego Comic Con 2011 GI Joe Exclusives are available RIGHT NOW at HasbroToyShop. However, as some of you may have expected, the site is experiencing lag, with some members even experiencing freezes/timeouts right at checkout. It's no lie to say that the following items:are in high demand.

So good luck getting your orders in, and hopefully we can all get what we want!
Original Source: SDCC 2011 GI Joe Exclusives At HasbroToyShop NOW - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe