TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
ToodlesMrJim
Thunder Kitty
Just got these from Amazon, and since we've only seen camera phone pics I thought I'd post some clearer shots. And I'm not sure about Mum-ra's bandages but according to the instructions I have them on right.

For the whole gallery I posted them on my photobucket account click here
ToodlesMrJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Thanks for the pics! These will be flawless for the original playsets and Thundertank!
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks. I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Great point Kregermeister
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Looks great, thanks for the pics. I was tempted to order, but I don't want to pay another figure cost in shipping just to get them a few weeks early. Plus in store I can make sure I get the best paint job I can.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thanks for sharing.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
It still really sucks that lion o's ankle joints are orange and mumm ra has no weapons.
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kahn View Post
It still really sucks that lion o's ankle joints are orange...
A little bit of paint will fix that =o)
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Now I'm even more confused... They dropped the 8" Classics in favor of the 6" Classics but the 6" Angry Lion-O is at least 1" taller than the New Lion-O. New Lion-O stands just shy of 6" so that makes Angry Lion-O at least 7". Is this for the MOTU lovers out there? Does this make them more compatible with He-Man?
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
ToodlesMrJim
Thunder Kitty
I took some pictures with Motu for you to see how they stand up to them.
ToodlesMrJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Thanks for these new pics. Looks like I'm going to need an 8 inch Mumm-Ra after all. Still getting the 6 inch Classic Mumm-Ra, but I'll be hoping the 8 inch produces one for us.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kahn View Post
It still really sucks that lion o's ankle joints are orange and mumm ra has no weapons.
At least the pins in the shoulders are painted unlike the modern line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
Now I'm even more confused... They dropped the 8" Classics in favor of the 6" Classics but the 6" Angry Lion-O is at least 1" taller than the New Lion-O. New Lion-O stands just shy of 6" so that makes Angry Lion-O at least 7". Is this for the MOTU lovers out there? Does this make them more compatible with He-Man?
The seems right to me, isn't the new Lion-o supposed a teenager? Where as the original Lion-o's body grew to adulthood in the stasis chamber.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
The Ever Living
I love you too maaa-mutt!
So tiny.....
The Ever Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #13
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
These figures are AWESOME! They look better in person. These are a must have for true fans. They look great displayed with the 8" figures. No complaints about the size, its just great that these figures are being made at all. Its worth picking them up just for the nostalgia factor. Bottom line: these are NEW THUNDERCATS FIGURES! CLASSIC 80's STYLE! Love this line!
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #14
The Ever Living
I love you too maaa-mutt!
Well, Mum-ra never really had any weapons till the end of the series when he got the sword of Plundar....
The Ever Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
Jackalman
furious laughter
8" Lion-O was a bit too tall to display with my MOTUC collection, and this 6" Lion-O is a bit too short. Looks like I'll stay with the 8" line and hope they get around to releasing the rest of the main characters. I do like the look of the 8" Lion-O better anyways.
Jackalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #16
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
While im not thrilled the new size is ok with motuc, because if we just accept that the masters just sit around shooting up roids all day, it makes sence.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #17
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Here's a cell pic of my display for the classic figures.

Last edited by THUNDER JEDI; 12-11-2011 at 01:13 PM..
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #18
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
when and how do we get a hold of the new 8 inch classics that are going to be made in limited numbers?
TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
propazoid
Thunder Kitty
I don't get all of this "They are not in scale with my MOTUC figures"?
Since when did Lion-O & the gang visit Eternia???

I have the new 6" Classics & aside from the floppy sword I love them.
I'm still yet to see someone take a photo to really do them justice though.

-Zoid

Last edited by propazoid; 12-12-2011 at 09:35 PM..
propazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #20
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Really if you look at it MOTUC is the line that is out of scale with pretty much everything. The 200x line is probably pretty close in scale if you really want to pair them up.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #21
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Wait, so the 6inch is taller than the new 6inch series, but they are still smaller than the MOTUC, who were smaller than the 8inch Classics. WHAT THE FLYING ****?! What was the point of an 8inch line? Or what was the point of changing the 8nch line to a 6inch one? Or what, I'm confused. I might be better off just not collecting Thundercats.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #22
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Wait, so the 6inch is taller than the new 6inch series, but they are still smaller than the MOTUC, who were smaller than the 8inch Classics. WHAT THE FLYING ****?! What was the point of an 8inch line? Or what was the point of changing the 8nch line to a 6inch one? Or what, I'm confused. I might be better off just not collecting Thundercats.
No just Lion-o. 2011 Lion-o is a teenager and the smallest of the group. 80's Lion-o is physically an adult.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #23
LIONHEART
Thunder Kitty
Hi guys! I found this site while searching for more info on the 6" TCC. I saw them on TNI was like WOW they look awesome!!

For the guys that have them in hand can you post some pix next to some DCUC?

They look like they fit in now more than ever.

I ordered a set on BBTS after seeing these pix! Thank you for sharing!
LIONHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #24
1987olds442
Thunder Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToodlesMrJim View Post
I took some pictures with Motu for you to see how they stand up to them.
Thank you for sharing these pictures I'm looking forward to getting these figures If possible could you take a picture them next to a DCUC figure? I'm wanting to add them to my 6" figure collection

1987olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #25
LIONHEART
Thunder Kitty
Amazon has them in stock.

I canceled with BBTS and ordered with Amazon. A little more but I get it before christmas.

Amazon.com: Thundercats Collector Classics 6" Figures Lion-o & Mumm-ra: Toys & Games
Old 12-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #26
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Ugh. I'm not happy with myself, but I broke down and ordered them. I'll consider them a Christmas Present to myself I suppose.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #27
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
Where is the 8 inch mummra classic?!
TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #28
wasp819
Thunder Kitty
hey all first time caller - long time listener,
are there any real plans to continue the 8inch classics,

i know that the 6inch will take over - but bandai have said that the 8inch will continue,

but what does this mean - are they saying every time a 6inch classic comes out (lets just say cheetara is next) then an 8inch version will be made avalible at around the same time but with limited avalibilty (on-line through bandais store, or maybe store exclusive)

i ask because im on the fence about which ones to collect and if i go the 8inch route i would want to know that more figures will come out and in good time (and not "oh we will do one each year")

im personally not a fan of the way 6inch lion-o and mumm-ra look,
both have problems that should be fixed, and if you compare 8inch against the 6inch lion-o the 8inch one just looks soo much better (im not just talking about his face, but the overall look and presense of the figure) (mumm-ra could really of done with his original sword from the 80s toy and yes he needs a cape - he need it way more then bandages sticking out all over the place, mattell take great care when they select the colour sceme and add ons for their motuc and bandai just give me the impression that they rushed rushed the 6inch classic line and didnt give it much thought)

yeah it is a shame that the 8inch or the 6inch for that matter dont go well with the MOTUC but if you were to put the original 80s toys together you would see the overall height of the thundercats is much taller,
i would like to go with the 8inch but i just need more info before i committ,
still gunna get the new versions of the thundercats in 6inch tho.
wasp819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #29
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
probably the 8 inch line will be nycc and sdcc exclusives. im totally ok with that idea
Old 12-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #30
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp819 View Post
hey all first time caller - long time listener,
are there any real plans to continue the 8inch classics,

i know that the 6inch will take over - but bandai have said that the 8inch will continue,

but what does this mean - are they saying every time a 6inch classic comes out (lets just say cheetara is next) then an 8inch version will be made avalible at around the same time but with limited avalibilty (on-line through bandais store, or maybe store exclusive)
We don't know. Most speculation leans towards the 8 inch becoming a TRU or Wal-mart exclusive subline. Also, regardless of what actually happens, Bandai has stated in interviews that it won't be a full line, so the core Cats and Mumm-Ra would probably be all we would get.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #31
eero
"ero" with an extra "e"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
the core Cats and Mumm-Ra would probably be all we would get.
I think even that is probably overly optimistic, but I would be very happy to see just this come to fruition (much as I was looking forward to 8" Snow Man and a customized Snowmeow using an extra Battle cat).
eero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #32
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by eero View Post
I think even that is probably overly optimistic, but I would be very happy to see just this come to fruition (much as I was looking forward to 8" Snow Man and a customized Snowmeow using an extra Battle cat).
I'm not so sure on that. Cheetara and Mumm-Ra, Panthro and Wily Kit and Kat (2-pack) and that would be it. 2 Waves as a retail exclusive, or since there's 4 figures to a case, one case with no duplicates or older figures.

We know Cheetara has been sculpted and it's probably safe to say that Mumm-Ra is also done (all the pre-Toy Fair lists from Bandai themselves listed Mumm-Ra and Lion-O for the first wave and then last second switched in Tygra. Additionally given how 6 inch Lion-O is largely a downscaling of the 8 inch, I'm betting the same is true of how we got to 6 inch Mumm-Ra). Maybe a Ma-Mutt and Snarf 2 pack, but that's all I was talking about.

Despite my earlier disgust with myself for ordering and paying more then retail, I got the figures today and opened them to much joy (even though it's early, I consider this my big Christmas present to myself). Both have fantastic paint aps as well, neutralizing that concern. Mumm-Ra is fantastic, a few very minor complaints (A soft goods cape would've been really nice, but if Bandai is plastic capes or nothing, I'm really glad they went with none), but a lot of love for him. For now I've got mine holding the Sword of Plundarr that the new series 6 inch Mumm-Ra came with and it looks good. Lion-O has a few more nits, largely in relation to the 8 inch figure and coming up with a good pose with the claw shield and sword on his hip that looks natural and neutral, which the 8 inch pulls off without a problem.

If no one posts pics and there's some demand for it, I can take some with DCUC, Marvel Legends, and even Lord of the Rings figures. Lion-O is a bit short, but it's hardly some grossly tiny figure for the 6 inch scale figures. Even Mumm-Ra doesn't look that bad with MOTUC, which is the line that's huge to everyone else.

Classics has won me over, I'll be either completist or near completist with this line, for however long as it lasts. For the 8 inch line, I just need a Mumm-Ra figure.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #33
LIONHEART
Thunder Kitty
Well, I got my set and they are awesome. I repainted Lion-O's boots with a metalic blue to hide the orange pegs. I also painted his glove gold.

Here are some pix I took....

Old 12-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #34
1987olds442
Thunder Kitty
Thanks for the pictures. Dang I wish they had made them a little bigger to which they would have been the same height as DCUC figures.
1987olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #35
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I find it a bit interesting how we the fans have grown to so desire that our figures from different manufacturers (in some cases made years apart) be in the same exact scale to each other.

If you want to get picky, even if they were a bit taller they'd still be out of scale. Assuming Willa and Captain Bragg are normal sized humans (and we see no reason to assume this isn't the case), then the TC that fits in with DCUC is the 8 inch line with a 12 inch Mumm-Ra. The Cats are huge against normal people and Mumm-Ra towers above everyone else.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #36
optmax
Thunder Kitty
Just to let everyone know my brother picked them up for me at Target.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thundercats 001.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	579.3 KB
ID:	845
optmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #37
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Those pics make me wish that I nabbed the Cheetah figure last week
Old 12-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #38
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Found these in Target today
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #39
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
This morning a great friend gave me this for Christmas I was floored WOW now the hunt for Lion-O
Thundercat4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #40
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Found them at Target over the weekend.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #41
metalalchemist
Thunder Kitty
Yipeeee!!! Now we are left with an incomplete collection of 8" figures... what is the guarantee that they won´t do the same with these?! I mean, by mid year we could be AGAIN stuck with two figures and they decide to never make them again!
I think they should have at least given Lion-O an alternate regular head, I really don´t like this one.
Does anyone know if the rest of the 8" will be released in the limited edition thingy? And by the rest I mean the other thundercats and at least Mumm-ra
metalalchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #42
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Nevermind, it is 087-06-0931, thanks.

Last edited by Dr Kain; 12-28-2011 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #43
Thunderandreams
Thunder Kitty
Is the icon heroes head in scale with the new 6 inch figure?
I want to swap heads if possible:
Thunderandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #44
Talyn
Thunder Kitty

Talyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #45
rhinox1701
Lord of Thundera
gotta have theses .. in scale with MOTU and many others! HO!!!!!!
rhinox1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #46
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Well, my Target finally started to carry the line two days ago. The problem is, they have yet to get any 6inch figures in. They have 4inchers, the overpriced rip off 4 pack, the tank, and some of those crappy 4inch "deluxe" figures. I'm going there twice a day every day until they get in the 6inchers.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #47
Jackalman
furious laughter
finally scored these yesterday at wal-mart. lion-o looks sooo much better in person. my only gripe is the flimsy sword. that drives me nuts.
Jackalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #48
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderandreams View Post
Is the icon heroes head in scale with the new 6 inch figure?
I want to swap heads if possible:
Let us know if it works out
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #49
Thunderandreams
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Let us know if it works out
I will. I am waiting for the new 6 inch to arrive.

I also have some shrinking resin coming in to shrink the 8 inch head
Thunderandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #50
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
These keep popping up at Target so go grab them there!
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote