TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
any predictions on what will come up next for the toyline.
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Jaga
Lizards
one or two misc characters
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
4" Line:

Jaga
Slithe
Thundarian Soldier
Cleric Cheetara
Driller
Berbil
Snarf
Jackleman
Leo

Classics:
Panthro
Slithe

I think a lot of what happens in season 2 will be shown in Wave 3, so there could be a lot of characters and/or vehicles we haven't seen yet.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I am definitely hoping for a 4" Jaga!
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Wave 3 being 4 to six new figs
Jaga
Robear bill
Driffter
Duelist
One of the elephant monks
And
That hunter from the berbil episode
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
All I'm really expecting from the next wave/series is a Classic Panthro. While I'd love to see another villain made to go with him, I'll be surprised if his wave mate isn't Cheetara or Tygra. Though either Slithe or Monkian would be great.

Some non-action figure Classic products would be great, but not something I'm currently expecting to happen. A 6" scaled Thundertank would be great, and a Cat's Lair would be amazing. I do remember them mentioning more collector oriented products, but I'm still not really sure what they could mean by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC View Post
That hunter from the berbil episode
While they might come-up with a new name for this version of him, he'll always be Safari Joe to me
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #7
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
All I'm really expecting from the next wave/series is a Classic Panthro. While I'd love to see another villain made to go with him, I'll be surprised if his wave mate isn't Cheetara or Tygra. Though either Slithe or Monkian would be great.

Some non-action figure Classic products would be great, but not something I'm currently expecting to happen. A 6" scaled Thundertank would be great, and a Cat's Lair would be amazing. I do remember them mentioning more collector oriented products, but I'm still not really sure what they could mean by that.

While they might come-up with a new name for this version of him, he'll always be Safari Joe to me
Yeah I thought that was who it was supposed to be but I wasnt sure,since he didnt look like him or gave him a name
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I'd like to see a new playset. Maybe Mum-ra's temple or, as someone mentioned, the Berbill Village might be a cool idea. I could see it having traps and guns that shoot candy fruit. It could come with a handful of Berbills and then you could also buy a few packs of extra berbills. Could be a whole subset of Thundercats.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
I'd like to see a new playset. Maybe Mum-ra's temple or, as someone mentioned, the Berbill Village might be a cool idea. I could see it having traps and guns that shoot candy fruit. It could come with a handful of Berbills and then you could also buy a few packs of extra berbills. Could be a whole subset of Thundercats.
As cool as it sounds I dont see them doing that,and on the playset side im not sure how well the tower of omens sold. But a mum-ra temple would be cool as long as they had a place to hang the recently released stormcharger in it
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
3.75": I expect to see Jaga, and would love to see the Duelist join him. Wouldn't object to one of the elephant guys either, but I accept they're not really "action toy worthy".

6": The Kat/Kit 2-pack, and I'd like a Grune or S-S-S-Slithe as well.

6" Classic: I think they'll continue the two-per-wave, and the good guy-bad guy set up as well. So, I expect to see Panthro or Tygra with S-S-S-Slithe, Monkian or Grune.
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #11
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune the Destroyer View Post
6" Classic: I think they'll continue the two-per-wave, and the good guy-bad guy set up as well. So, I expect to see Panthro or Tygra with S-S-S-Slithe, Monkian or Grune.
I hope they keep up the waves going with one good guy and one bad guy. Also, you gave me a great idea for who wave two's figures should be. Considering their relationship in the new show, even if it has no baring on the original, I think a wave of Panthro and Grune would be great. It would give a nod to the new show versions of them, while simultaneously giving us collectors two figures I'm sure most of us would like to own.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #12
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
I don't care about the 4inch line, so the 6inch line better be:

Classics Wave 2:

Tygra
Panthro
Cheetara

New Series Wave 3:

Kit & Kat 2 pack
Grune
Slythe
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Classics Wave 2:

Tygra
Panthro
Cheetara
While they are all inevitability's for the line's future, I hope they don't give us all three of them at the same time. I'd love to see them keep giving us at least one villain per wave.

Only twelve more days till toy fair......
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
I'd like to see:

6" Wilytwins 2-Pack
6" Armor of Omens

6" Classic Panthro (they better not screw up his chucks!)
6" Classic Cheetara

4" Grune (The Deluxe Grune looks like a Happy Meal toy to me)
4" Cheetara in Cleric Garb
4" Berbil with Snarf Two-Pack
4" Leo

I would also like to know whether or not Bandai will continue the 8" Classics line.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #15
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I'd like to see the classic Pumyra/Bengali/Lynx-o, preferably 8-inch.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #16
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
8inch figures are done.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #17
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
8inch figures are done.
Not necessarily, they mentioned that they may continue the 8" scale in a "limited capacity". Not exactly a confirmed continuation, and even if it does, it'll suck getting a-hold of them, but for those still interested in the scale, there's still some hope...
Old 02-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
They would be wasting money and tiem doing 8inch figures for the 10 people that care. I would rather they saved that plastic and budget and gave us a three Classics in the next wave instead of two 6 inchers and one 8inch figure.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #19
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
any more?
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I think some more role-play items would be nice to see. A Deluxe set of Panthro's nunchucks would be cool (if I get the tiny set, they'll be for my nephew), and I could see Tygra's gun and belt working well as a set. Tygra's bolo whip would be interesting, but I doubt they'll make one.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #21
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
In a perfect world:
4"
Jaga
Slithe
Monkian (Addicus)
Jackalman (Kaynar)
Thundarian soldier 2 pack
Lizard soldier 2 pack
Elephant monk
Any berbils
Leo
Snarf

6"*
Kit & Kat 2 pack

6" classic
Any thundercat and any mutant

Playset / Vehicle
Mumm-ra lair
Berbil hunter with truck
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
xander88
Thunder Kitty
I'm only really interested in what's coming next for the 6" line, both modern and classic. A lot of people have mentioned that they would like to see Wiley Kit and Wiley Kat next in the modern 6" line but I'm not so keen. Don't get me wrong I do want them eventually but I personally feel it would be more interesting to have villains in wave 3. Surely i'm not alone here? I'm excited at the prospect of 6" Addicus and Kaynar figures but I don't see them coming in wave 3, not for 6" anyway but it would be nice to get Slithe, Grune and Mumm-ra in decayed form. As for the 6" classics, I don't really mind who's next so long as they release all my favourite characters eventually but I do think that they need to release more villains in the 6" line whether it's classic or modern.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #23
Balgus82
well we know that 6" Wily Kit and Kat are in the works as well as Mumm-ra's Armor of Plunn-dar.

This is my wishlist (6" since I don't collect the 4" figures):

Jaga
Slithe
Addicus
Kaynar
Claudus
Tygra with the outfit he wore in the premiere

And from the Legacy episode
Leo
Tygus
Panthera
Shen
Rezard
Prison Guard
6" posable Armor of Omens and Plunn-dar

Last edited by Balgus82; 03-05-2012 at 09:17 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #24
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Thinking about the first two waves...and what little we know of the show's future...here's what I'm going to predict for the third wave (mixed in with a great big handful of wishful thinking ):

4" Basic:
-Lion-O v3
-Tygra v2
-Jaga
-Kaynar

4" Deluxe:
-Cheetara w/stand
-Addicus w/vehicle

6" Modern:
-Panthro v2
-Wilykat & Wilykit
-Addicus

6" Classic:
-Panthro
-Monkian

Other:
-Mumm-Ra pyramid playset
-Armor of Plundarr
-Deluxe Panthro Nunchucks

Might have a bit more fan-wank than I was originally intending, lol...Still, any Monkian/Addicus figures they make would be great, and a second chance at them getting Panthro's colors right at the 6" scale would be nice.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-06-2012 at 01:04 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #25
AmorhideMB2
Kamen rider THUNDER!
I agree with most of you guys, but I want to six inch V2 liono and panthro.
AmorhideMB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #26
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorhideMB2 View Post
I agree with most of you guys, but I want to six inch V2 liono and panthro.
I think both are inevitable to eventually be made. I just hope they don't forget to make some more villains at the 6" scale. Then again I'm also hoping they release the 6" Mumm-Ra figure with the addition of his wings at some point...Which could happen, but it's hard to say whether or not they will actually do it.

My biggest hope for the inevitable 6" Panthro v2, is that they take the opportunity to finally release a properly gray figure of him. I'm tired of seeing night-time Panthro's.

I was thinking about the Driller recently, and if we ever get a toy of him, I imagine he'll probably be sold in the price-point that the cycles, lizard cannon, and Tyger Flyer have been. Would make him a decent size, and allow for at least one decent gimmick. Not sure who they would/should include with him though. Maybe another release of Grune, or another variation of the lizard soldiers. Would be a good opportunity to get either a properly colored Panthro out there, or a figure of Lynx-O. Lynx-O might not make much sense in a set like that, but it'd be cool to see him made.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-09-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 03-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #27
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
6" Classics:

Panthro
Slithe

4" Modern:

Addicus
Kaynar
Cheetara v2 (with magic staff)
Jaga
Driller (Deluxe)

Eh, I just wish they would tell us already what is going to be in Wave 3! Wave 2 was just a little underwhelming for me.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Since wave 1 of the 6" modern figures gave us 3 characters and wave 2 only gave us 2, I think that once they release kit and kat (hopefully a 3-pack with snarf) we should get an additional 3 characters for wave 3 because we found out that kit and kat were going to be made when they announced wave 2 and I remember thinking why have they gone from 3 per wave to 2 per wave? I don't think this will happen but I think it should do in fairness to the fans. The characters I am hoping for soon in addition to kit and kat in the 6" scale are:
Slithe
Grune
Mumm-ra (decayed form)
Claudus
Jaga
Addicus
Kaynar

I am looking forward to getting more of the classic figures too
Old 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
xander88
Thunder Kitty
[QUOTE=Ravenxl7;38967]I'm also hoping they release the 6" Mumm-Ra figure with the addition of his wings at some point...Which could happen, but it's hard to say whether or not they will actually do it

I really wish they had released the 6" inch Mumm-ra with wings. That would have been a beast of a figure. I do think the figure is good but the wings would have made it perfect. I can't see why it wasn't done. Also, classic Mumm-ra should have had a cloth cape with bandages attached instead of the crappy plastic bandages we got. I think it also would have been better if the rags on the back of his helmet were made of a soft material instead of being a rigid plastic where they are constantly in one position and I always worry about them snapping off. Mezco have done a good job with their upcoming classic Mumm-ra figure, the only problem is the scale.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #30
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Seriously Bandai, tell us already!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander88 View Post
I can't see why it wasn't done.
It's simple, size. The sacrificed the wings to ensure he would be as large as they could make him. If they had given him the wings, they would have had to have made the rest of him smaller. He's out of scale with the other 6" figures as it is, and that would have made it much worse (would also have gotten rid of his in-scale-ness with the 4" figures).

They could vary well add the wings for a future release of the figure. He'll be more expensive and sold at a special size-class just for him (like the armors), but it's not out of the realm of possibility for the future of the line. We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally I'm hoping that if they do release him with the wings, that they color his claw shield correctly for it's release.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #32
Balgus82
yeah Mumm-Ra's sword and shield both being the wrong colors is really annoying to me. Seriouly would it have been that hard to cast them both in black plastic? Or even Dark Purple?

Whenever I'm able to get his figure I'm going to be severely tempted to paint them myself.

wonder if modeling paint would be ok on the plastic....
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #33
xander88
Thunder Kitty
[QUOTE=Ravenxl7;39141]It's simple, size. The sacrificed the wings to ensure he would be as large as they could make him. If they had given him the wings, they would have had to have made the rest of him smaller. He's out of scale with the other 6" figures as it is, and that would have made it much worse (would also have gotten rid of his in-scale-ness with the 4" figures).

That's a good point. I suppose a good way around it would have been to sculpt the figure in exactly the same way as they did and put wings in the package as an accessory which you could attach to the figure.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #34
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That's a good point. I suppose a good way around it would have been to sculpt the figure in exactly the same way as they did and put wings in the package as an accessory which you could attach to the figure.
That wouldn't have worked. Like the size classes of Transformers, an action figure scale is limited to the amount of plastic they can use for each figure. I think it's safe to assume that the 6" Mumm-Ra is physically as big as they can make him (including his accessories), without needing to sell him at a higher price-point.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
That wouldn't have worked. Like the size classes of Transformers, an action figure scale is limited to the amount of plastic they can use for each figure. I think it's safe to assume that the 6" Mumm-Ra is physically as big as they can make him (including his accessories), without needing to sell him at a higher price-point.
Ah right, I didn't know that. It's a shame though. I still think classic Mumm-ra should have had a cape though because that could have been made from cloth. Making a plastic cape would have been a bad idea anyway, it would limit the articulation.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #36
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I still think classic Mumm-ra should have had a cape though because that could have been made from cloth. Making a plastic cape would have been a bad idea anyway, it would limit the articulation.
They could surprise us and release another version of him with a cape...I don't expect that to ever happen, but I imagine even Bandai manages to majorly surprise their fan-bases with something coll every once in a while...While I too would prefer a cloth cape, if that wasn't possible for Bandai to do, I would be ok with a rubber cape. Still wouldn't be the best for articulation, but it'd be better than nothing. My biggest fear for the Classics line (other than cancelation), is lack of villains.

Edit: Thinking about the Driller some more, I'm hoping that if they ever do make him that they don't include a spinning gimmick. I'd rather them concentrate on his transformation and detailing. Not that it would be impossible to include both gimmicks, but with the way Bandai has been doing them, I find it hard to imagine the spinning gimmick not taking over the toy, causing them to cut out any other gimmicks he would have had.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-12-2012 at 12:49 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
xander88
Thunder Kitty
[QUOTE=Ravenxl7;39200]They could surprise us and release another version of him with a cape...I don't expect that to ever happen, but I imagine even Bandai manages to majorly surprise their fan-bases with something coll every once in a while...While I too would prefer a cloth cape, if that wasn't possible for Bandai to do, I would be ok with a rubber cape. Still wouldn't be the best for articulation, but it'd be better than nothing. My biggest fear for the Classics line (other than cancelation), is lack of villains.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a rubber cape but a cloth cape would definitely be my first choice. I have Batman figures with rubber capes and I've always thought a cloth cape would have been better, but cloth capes are a bit of a rarity on 6" figures.

I am also concerned about the lack of villains in the classics line and also in the 6" modern line. Plus, there is the possibility of getting variations of characters they have already released which could mean having to wait longer for villains. I really hope that bandai release a lot more villains before doing variations in the 6" line. I'd rather have plenty of characters than variations of the same ones.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #38
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I am also concerned about the lack of villains in the classics line and also in the 6" modern line. Plus, there is the possibility of getting variations of characters they have already released which could mean having to wait longer for villains. I really hope that bandai release a lot more villains before doing variations in the 6" line. I'd rather have plenty of characters than variations of the same ones.
I'll be fine with the inevitable variations, just as long as villains aren't ignored because of those variations. Would suck if this next wave was the Kittens, and then v2's of Lion-O and Panthro. There should at least be one villain per wave of the 6" figures, imho.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #39
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
I'll be fine with the inevitable variations, just as long as villains aren't ignored because of those variations. Would suck if this next wave was the Kittens, and then v2's of Lion-O and Panthro. There should at least be one villain per wave of the 6" figures, imho.
Agreed. I really want a 6" Grune.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #40
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I thought I might update my "guesses":

4" Modern
Jaga
Pumyra
Addicus
Kaynar

4" Deluxe
Driller
Lion-O & Snarf

4" Basic Vehicle
Lizard Mech w/ Lizard

4" Deluxe Vehicle
Thundertank Base w/ Robear Bill

6" Modern
Willy Kit & Kat
Grune

6" Classic
Panthro
Slithe

8" Classic
Cheetara SDCC Exclusive

14"
Armor of Plundarr
Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #41
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
The 8" line would've worked much better if they released more characters in the first wave. Right away, part of me felt like they weren't going to get very far, and who wants to start collecting a line that only has 2-4 figures? The same thing seems to be happening with the 6" ones too. If the first wave had 6 figures, I would have been really tempted, especially if the figures looked good. Hell, even releasing two figures with "coming soon" photos of the next wave of figures would have helped instill my faith in the line...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #42
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
The 8" line would've worked much better if they released more characters in the first wave. Right away, part of me felt like they weren't going to get very far, and who wants to start collecting a line that only has 2-4 figures? The same thing seems to be happening with the 6" ones too. If the first wave had 6 figures, I would have been really tempted, especially if the figures looked good. Hell, even releasing two figures with "coming soon" photos of the next wave of figures would have helped instill my faith in the line...
I agree. I just put the Cheetara on there because I feel like they probably already had her made.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #43
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
8" Classic
Cheetara SDCC Exclusive
If you're gonna have her as a SDCC Exclusive, she's gotta have the same "wardrobe" as she did at the very start of the original series.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #44
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Updated with the new name for the Sabertank:

Quote:

4" Modern
Jaga
Pumyra
Addicus
Kaynar

4" Deluxe
Driller
Lion-O & Snarf

4" Basic Vehicle
Lizard Mech w/ Lizard

4" Deluxe Vehicle
Sabertank w/ Robear Bill

6" Modern
Willy Kit & Kat
Grune

6" Classic
Panthro
Slithe

8" Classic
Cheetara SDCC Exclusive

14"
Armor of Plundarr
Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #45
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

4" Modern
Jaga
Pumyra
Addicus
Kaynar

4" Deluxe
Driller
Lion-O & Snarf

4" Basic Vehicle
Lizard Mech w/ Lizard

4" Deluxe Vehicle
Thundertank Base w/ Robear Bill

6" Modern
Willy Kit & Kat
Grune

6" Classic
Panthro
Slithe

8" Classic
Cheetara SDCC Exclusive

14"
Armor of Plundarr
I would love it if this list was what we get for the coming year, Krazy !! Great choices.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote