TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
I was looking at the OS, the ep when they debuted Grune.. and the sign on the door where Grune was resting at is masonic and satan worship..lol had to point that out and share
Pinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Interesting, but I disagree. For one it's more than likely a symbol used by the beings that trapped his ghost in the tomb, rather than Grune himself. Also, the only way I would classify it as the symbol of a "devil worshipper", was if it was upside down.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Interesting, but I disagree. For one it's more than likely a symbol used by the beings that trapped his ghost in the tomb, rather than Grune himself. Also, the only way I would classify it as the symbol of a "devil worshipper", was if it was upside down.
u krazy, re look at the episode, its a masonic symbol in the image of Baphomet.. haha i goto school for history so plz dont try to debate..
also humans created this cartton not the actual characters lol.. they always been throwing masonic symbols in cartoons since it started.. i just had to point it out on the thundercats
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinero View Post
u krazy, re look at the episode, its a masonic symbol in the image of Baphomet.. haha i goto school for history so plz dont try to debate..
To count as the image of Baphomet, the pentagram would have to be upside down.

Quote:
also humans created this cartton not the actual characters lol..
I was saying that, within context of the story of the show, the symbol was probably put there by the beings that put Grune in the tomb. It seemed, to me at least, to act as a seal on the tomb to try and keep him from escaping. I wasn't commentating on the people making the show choosing to go with that design for the symbol.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
Pinero
Thunder Kitty

same sign on the door with a moon symbol
Old 08-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
same sign on the door with a moon symbol
It's close, but still not the same thing. The symbol on the door of Grune's tomb has a right-side-up pentagram, while the baphomet symbol has an upside-down pentagram. Similar, but definitely not the same. The finer details are also different. The tomb symbol has a red x and a crescent moon that the baphomet symbol lacks, and the tomb symbol lacks the rune-like letters that circle the baphomet symbol.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Pinero
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
It's close, but still not the same thing. The symbol on the door of Grune's tomb has a right-side-up pentagram, while the baphomet symbol has an upside-down pentagram. Similar, but definitely not the same. The finer details are also different. The tomb symbol has a red x and a crescent moon that the baphomet symbol lacks, and the tomb symbol lacks the rune-like letters that circle the baphomet symbol.
of course they not going to fully expose it.. i give them least credit thou for making the villian evil and destroying it, but read between lines on what they be putting in cartoons
Old 08-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
Gale
Thunder Kitty
Pentagrams and upside down pentagrams hold entirely different meanings, you do realize that right? Pentagram =/= devil worship.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
upside down pentagram is bad, rightside up pentagram is good. just like an upside down cross is bad and a rightside up cross is good.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
In the method the pentacle was used in that episode.
It would appear that it was part of a binding seal and/or
hexagrammatic ward.
Thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
Provide a screenshot if your going to make a claim like that. Not all of us own the OG series
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #12
Beerclaw
Big dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
upside down pentagram is bad, rightside up pentagram is good. just like an upside down cross is bad and a rightside up cross is good.
Close-ish.

The Pentagram/Pentacle with the point upwards indicates "Spirit(uality) over Material(ism)", and likewise, the point down indicates "Material(ism) over Spirit(uality)". Being upside down is not inherently 'evil', it just indicates that one holds more value in money, family, sex and whatnot over 'valor', 'honor', 'justice' and other such things. The initial modern image of the "Baphomet" was from Eliphas Levi, which had no direct Satanic intentions; but the goat's head version of the "Baphomet" within the inverted Pentagram/Pentacle was made by Anton LaVey some good many years later, heavily used within his "Church of Satan". The "meanings" of those have much speculation and it is easy to internet search more info on 'em (preferably not done on biased Christian web pages).

As for the Cross (properly, Crucifix, as crosses have been Pagan symbols long before the Christian Crucifix), right side up is what most of us know of, plain and simple. The Inverted Cross is not necessarily a sign of 'evil', either. Despite what Hollywood and many anti-Christian Black Metal bands would have you believe, the St. Peter's Cross is a Catholic symbol; it is believed that St. Peter (yes, the disciple) was crucified, but was all "uhh, dude, I don't think I'm worthy of dying like my master, so would upside down be cool?" and thus the "Petrine Cross" comes from that belief. Some people try to invert the cross in the idea of perverting it, but Christianity beat them to the punch and laid claim to that symbol long before.

Fun fact: the "Saltire" (or St. Andrew's Cross) also comes from the idea that St. Andrew didn't want to be Crucified like his master, NOR exactly like St. Peter, so he was crucified upside down on an X instead of a T crucifix. Fun times.
Beerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:25 AM   #13
Nachtsider
Shadowmancer Supreme
Quote:
I was looking at the OS, the ep when they debuted Grune.. and the sign on the door where Grune was resting at is masonic and satan worship..lol had to point that out and share
Even if it is... so what?
Nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote