TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #3751
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post

It will be interested on what they will do.

I think lion-o was devastated due to not expecting cheetara to be kissing tygra.
He wasn't the only one.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #3752
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
He wasn't the only one.
another 180 shift is still a possibility by using the SoO/Cheetara/Lion-O connections theory I believe. In the end if it keep on like this every next episode 180 shift I will loose count.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #3753
cmangund
Quote:
Agreed.
Which is why we will just use the "dumb down" logic from now on, when doing analysis.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #3754
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
the legendary fusion has returned
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #3755
cmangund
Quote:

I think lion-o was devastated due to not expecting cheetara to be kissing tygra.
Correction it was Tygra who initiated the first contact She's just at the receiving end.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #3756
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
the legendary fusion has returned
Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #3757
L08e16o
Quote:
He wasn't the only one.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #3758
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
another 180 shift is still a possibility by using the SoO/Cheetara/Lion-O connections theory I believe. In the end if it keep on like this every next episode 180 shift I will loose count.
I would become numb.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #3759
L08e16o
Quote:
Correction it was Tygra who initiated the first contact She's just at the receiving end.
I agree.

It just sucks that they would do that in 13.

Annet should have said all L/C fans and thunderdads would feel betrayed by the writers.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #3760
cmangund
Quote:
I would become numb.
If the pointer/neeedle keep on spinning 180 shifts it will get stuck and the final
stuck position will be pointing to Lion-O/Cheetara.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #3761
cmangund
Quote:
I agree.

Annet should have said all L/C fans and thunderdads would feel betrayed by the writers.
I know, even they will fix it later on, it's still pathetic and dumb.

Annet should just say it out loud "L/C fans, Thunderdads and Lion-O will feel betrayed"
Old 01-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #3762
stormbringer
Quote:

It will be interested on what they will do.

Quote:
I agree.

Annet was probably worried about the potential ratings drop.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #3763
ji28
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I agree.

You are right
ji28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #3764
cmangund
Quote:
How wise Anet! Not like the producers and writers we all know
Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #3765
stormbringer
Quote:
Indeed.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #3766
cmangund
Here are the results so far out of 130 replies I got (Hardcore Lion-O/Cheetara fans):

38%: Angry and/or disappointed, criticized heavily on the 180 Shifts and will only keep watching if they will fix this.
23%: This was some kind of con and still hoping for Lion-O/Cheetara to happen
39%: Basically they were saying “To hell with this show, I am dropping it!”

Last edited by cmangund; 01-06-2012 at 11:53 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #3767
stormbringer
Quote:
Quote:
Here are the results so far out of 130 replies I got (Hardcore Lion-O/Cheetara fans):

38%: Angry and/or disappointed, criticized heavily on the 180 Shifts and will only keep watching if they will fix this.
23%: This was some kind of con and still hoping for Lion-O/Cheetara to happen
39%: Basically they were saying “To hell with this show, I am dropping it!”
Sounds like the feelings of most of us on these boards. Love it!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #3768
cmangund
Quote:
Sounds like the feelings of most of us on these boards. Love it!
Right. Basically Hardcore Lion-O/Cheetara fans are not tolerating this nonsense will see more on the general results later.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-06-2012 at 11:59 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #3769
cmangund
Quote:
I think the rating will drop when Ep14 airs. Unless they will start fixing it starting with Ep14, the show maybe will have problems, no matter how small rating drop is not good.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #3770
stormbringer
Quote:
I think the rating will drop when Ep14 airs. Unless they will start fixing it starting with Ep14, the show maybe will have problems, no matter how small rating drop is not good.
All the more reason for them to start cleaning up the damage of ep 13.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #3771
Balgus82
Quote:
er wha?

She wrapped her arms around him. Then closed her eyes and puckered up. and only then did he kiss her.

Or are you talking about something different?
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #3772
Balgus82
Quote:
Right. Basically Hardcore Lion-O/Cheetara fans are not tolerating this nonsense will see more on the general results later.
Of course not. If they're hardcore L/C fans that was pretty much a given.

You questioned a biased group of people. I'm sorry but a survey would've had to have been given to random Thundercats fans to be in any way relevant.

I kinda resent it when people say "thunderdads will drop the show" or things like that.

I don't have any kids, so I'm not a thunderDAD, but I did grow up with the original and I have gotten my nephew into this show and the old one. I'm a ThunderUncle. lol

I'm sorry if I'm coming off wrong when I say this, but I'm being perfectly honest even if every single one of the 130 people who answered dropped the show that's not even 1% of the millions of people who watch the show.

Also while they want to make the show accessible for the "thunderdads" their core audience and core demographic has always been kids. When they look at the ratings they watch the 6-11 year olds.

When it comes down to it we're not the target audience. As long as they're still selling toys and the kids are still watching they're really not going to make a big deal out of a few people who get angry and quit.

anyway again I'm sorry If I'm sounding bad by saying this.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #3773
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post

You questioned a biased group of people. I'm sorry but a survey would've had to have been given to random Thundercats fans to be in any way relevant.

I kinda resent it when people say "thunderdads will drop the show" or things like that.

I don't have any kids, so I'm not a thunderDAD, but I did grow up with the original and I have gotten my nephew into this show and the old one. I'm a ThunderUncle. lol

I'm sorry if I'm coming off wrong when I say this, but I'm being perfectly honest even if every single one of the 130 people who answered dropped the show that's not even 1% of the millions of people who watch the show.

Also while they want to make the show accessible for the "thunderdads" their core audience and core demographic has always been kids. When they look at the ratings they watch the 6-11 year olds.

When it comes down to it we're not the target audience. As long as they're still selling toys and the kids are still watching they're really not going to make a big deal out of a few people who get angry and quit.

i think this matter shouldn't be taken too seriously, the writers wanted to tell their own version of thundercats this way. im sorry if some of the fans are displeased with some of the episodes but at the end of the day, they still plan on telling the story they way they want to. for me, the problem was the pacing of the story. after the premiere episodes, eveything else from that point on felt rushed. i believe for a first season, we still haven't gotten solid individual character development. it's funny, i still don't know much about these characters especially liono. for a major character with screen time, we don't know much about him besides his early obsession with tech. all we know is he has the sword, book, and in most viewers eyes, he tends to act immature. even the short flashback of his childhood was mostly tygras story. we don't know what he did as a kid, if he knew his mother and why he is the way he is. i could go on forever but i thought i would share my opinion.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #3774
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i think this matter shouldn't be taken too seriously, the writers wanted to tell their own version of thundercats this way. im sorry if some of the fans are displeased with some of the episodes but at the end of the day, they still plan on telling the story they way they want to. for me, the problem was the pacing of the story. after the premiere episodes, eveything else from that point on felt rushed. i believe for a first season, we still haven't gotten solid individual character development. it's funny, i still don't know much about these characters especially liono. for a major character with screen time, we don't know much about him besides his early obsession with tech. all we know is he has the sword, book, and in most viewers eyes, he tends to act immature. even the short flashback of his childhood was mostly tygras story. we don't know what he did as a kid, if he knew his mother and why he is the way he is. i could go on forever but i thought i would share my opinion.

I think a lot of that is going to be explored later on. I agree to an extent, but from what I understand they wrote the whole thing considering 52 episodes. We really have barely scratched the surface of that yet. They've said the show is a slow burn and that things will get better and ramp up as it goes on. They don't want to give everything to us at once.

Though I agree some of the episodes felt rushed. But I think the pacing got better after episode 5 or so. definitely better after episode 8. at the beginning they were still getting used to the show and working out the kinks so to speak.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #3775
ji28
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

Maybe you have some reason but think that than yourself you wrote, how many million write on the set of those, but if they read and agree with us, other ones are of a little macho cultures I know person than once for something the kiss was seemed they have left the girl that you are pleasing to them.
And if something displeases the father, for influence also to the son.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #3776
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ji28 View Post
Maybe you have some reason but think that than yourself you wrote, how many million write on the set of those, but if they read and agree with us, other ones are of a little macho cultures I know person than once for something the kiss was seemed they have left the girl that you are pleasing to them.
And if something displeases the father, for influence also to the son.
I do apologize, and I don't mean to offend, But I find it hard to understand your writing. Can you say that in simpler words?
Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #3777
ji28
Thunder Kitty
What's one hundred for my form to write, what I mean is the fact that there are fans that the kiss bothers them to the extent of not wanting to see plus the show, the following caps will be the decisive for these people.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #3778
Balgus82
Quote:
What's one hundred for my form to write, what I mean is the fact that there are fans that the kiss bothers them to the extent of not wanting to see plus the show, the following caps will be the decisive for these people.
Are you saying that the people who didn't like the kiss will decide if they'll keep watching based on the next few episodes?

If I'm reading that correctly I agree.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #3779
cmangund
Since the triangle is already so dumb anyway. If Cheetara ended up has more feelings for Lion-O's "sword" rather than him will definitely cause another problem with the triangle
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #3780
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
OK you guys wanted a definitive answer. Be careful what you wish for. Been talking to Dan Norton on FB and he offered to answer questions I had on the show since the Tumblr blog hadn't been updated.

So this was my question:
"One thing that I've been discussing with some people on a forum is wither or not Cheetara actually "chose" Tygra at the end of episode 13. They're saying that it was an illusion or it was mumm-ra in disguise or that she went there to talk him out of betraying Lion-O."

This was his answer:
"Cheetara chose Tygra... it's not Mumm-RA"

So take from that what you will.
Thanks for sharing this. I had started considering previewing the episodes before sharing them with the kids instead of watching them all together like we did last year. I still may do it, though.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #3781
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I think there will be explanations in episode 14 cause Lion-O is sure to be extremely confused.

I don't know why people keep saying the writers won't make Cheetara stir "up the pot" though. If she stirs up the pot it brings more conflict into the show. they need conflict else it'll just get boring.
The conflict could also come from other situations. Besides finding the stones they are supposed to unite all the animals against Mumm-Ra's forces, and so far they've only befriended the Berbils and the Elephants. There could be a lot of conflict and stories born from that alone.

There's a lot to be done before episode 52 and it does not necessarily need to involve romantic-based angst. It also does not need happiness all around (it's like with great art, a heroic journey and domestic bliss are also mutually incompatible).

It's probably due to the long break after the cliffhanger, but it seems that the triangle is the axis of the whole story when it should be about the quest.

To end on a constructive note, how do you think they are they going to raise an army to fend off the lizard army while they tackle Mumm-Ra?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #3782
L08e16o
Quote:

A thunderdad is someone who grew up in the 80s and are OS fans. My dad drop the show.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #3783
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
He is the that was, because the mind set was tygra was going to be king. Lion-o was probably a moma's boy. So when she died, he probably left a lone. Tygra was already a head of him in proving himself.

Kind of like the last air bender.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #3784
L08e16o
Quote:
I think a lot of that is going to be explored later on. I agree to an extent, but from what I understand they wrote the whole thing considering 52 episodes. We really have barely scratched the surface of that yet. They've said the show is a slow burn and that things will get better and ramp up as it goes on. They don't want to give everything to us at once.

Though I agree some of the episodes felt rushed. But I think the pacing got better after episode 5 or so. definitely better after episode 8. at the beginning they were still getting used to the show and working out the kinks so to speak.
Are you not upset about the open triangle? Don't you agree that this show didn't need it.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #3785
L08e16o
Quote:

Balgus, remember there are a lot of adults that collect toys. I know a 40 year old that collects toys and pin ball machines.

WB is going for 16-49.

In the end most people want the hero to get the girl.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #3786
L08e16o
Quote:
They were sold on L/C from 1-12, know they feel betrayed.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #3787
L08e16o
Quote:
Since the triangle is already so dumb anyway. If Cheetara ended up has more feelings for Lion-O's "sword" rather than him will definitely cause another problem with the triangle
It is dumb.

In anime the triangle starts withe the main m/F, but the other person comes in around E3. They go back and forth giving equal time to each couple until in is resolve.

They didn't do that here.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #3788
Balgus82
Quote:
A thunderdad is someone who grew up in the 80s and are OS fans. My dad drop the show.
Well under that definition I'm definitely a thunderdad. lol

I watched the show multiple times growing up. In elementary school. in high school when it was on toonami. and then after I got off on my own when the dvds came out.

Heck on the very first birthday that I actually remember (my 5th) I got a Lion-O action figure.

I don't plan on giving up any time soon. And it's not just because of T/C. To me that's such a small part of the bigger story. I really hope they let her choose this early just to get the frikkin thing out of the way so they could focus on the quest.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #3789
Balgus82
Quote:
Are you not upset about the open triangle? Don't you agree that this show didn't need it.
Need it? no I don't think the show needed it.
But I think a lot of fans wanted Cheetara to end up with one of them in the OS, so they threw it in the NS.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #3790
Balgus82
Quote:
Balgus, remember there are a lot of adults that collect toys. I know a 40 year old that collects toys and pin ball machines.

WB is going for 16-49.

In the end most people want the hero to get the girl.
A little while back someone asked Dan Norton on his facebook page what the ratings were for an episode that just aired.

this was his response:

"I don't know them. But those are also only for 18-49 year olds. We here only look at the 6-11 year old demographic. But it's nice to know the rest."

Facebook

Before I read that I had thought they looked at the teen/adult demographic too, but he said they don't pay attention to it.

I mean I know adults collect toys too. Heck I collect toys. But way more kids get toys than adults.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-07-2012 at 12:09 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #3791
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:

I watched the show multiple times growing up. In elementary school. in high school when it was on toonami. and then after I got off on my own when the dvds came out.

Heck on the very first birthday that I actually remember (my 5th) I got a Lion-O action figure.

I don't plan on giving up any time soon. And it's not just because of T/C. To me that's such a small part of the bigger story. I really hope they let her choose this early just to get the frikkin thing out of the way so they could focus on the quest.
Amen. Have a great weekend y'all
Old 01-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #3792
L08e16o
Quote:

They won't. At the expense of drama. To me if they wanted the T/C, I think they would have built it from the begining.

Lion-o was the only action figure I had.

All the guys and girls would fight over who would be lion-o and cheetara. Kids always made them a couple.

I loved sliver hawks too.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #3793
L08e16o
Quote:
A little while back someone asked Dan Norton on his facebook page what the ratings were for an episode that just aired.

this was his response:

"I don't know them. But those are also only for 18-49 year olds. We here only look at the 6-11 year old demographic. But it's nice to know the rest."

Facebook

Before I read that I had thought they looked at the teen/adult demographic too, but he said they don't pay attention to it.

I mean I know adults collect toys too. Heck I collect toys. But way more kids get toys than adults.
Someone said CN was looking at 6-11 and WB was keeping tabs on 16-49.

If they were going with 6-11, I think the female out fist are a little to ecchi.

If they are going for 6-11, they like the hero getting the girl too. They don't understand complex relaionships.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #3794
L08e16o
Quote:
But I think a lot of fans wanted Cheetara to end up with one of them in the OS, so they threw it in the NS.
All the fans I know wanted L/C. In their mind it was L/C since they left for thunderia and tygra was on earth with pumyra. That is how my thinking was too back then.

They don't consider the comic book.

I sum up the CN seasons like this from what I saw with the theme.

1-13 second best
14-26 love triangle

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-07-2012 at 02:43 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #3795
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Amen. Have a great weekend y'all
You too.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #3796
L08e16o
Quote:
Here is a another thing.

"Hehehheheh... not to make implications... but in entertainment... Nothing is ever certain... Not even death."

Those comments sound like they are playing with us on the triangle.

I am glad Grune will be back.

TLC review said the love triangle just started.

I just didn't expect this show to go that way, but they like doing it.

Just like how Bioware got rid of my Warden.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #3797
Balgus82
Quote:
Someone said CN was looking at 6-11 and WB was keeping tabs on 16-49.

If they were going with 6-11, I think the female out fist are a little to ecchi.

If they are going for 6-11, they like the hero getting the girl too. They don't understand complex relaionships.
Well idk who said that, but I'm going with what Dan said. and he works for WB, not CN.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #3798
Balgus82
Quote:
All the fans I know wanted L/C. In their mind it was L/C since they left for thunderia and tygra was on earth with pumyra. That is how my thinking was too back then.

They don't consider the comic book.

I sum up the CN seasons like this from what I saw with the theme.

1-13 second best
14-26 love triangle
Personally I never thought Cheetara was with any of them when I was little. She had her little crush on that Wizz-Ra dude. To me Lion-O always had more chemistry with either Mandora the Evil Chaser or Willa the Warrior Maiden queen.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-07-2012 at 03:04 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #3799
Balgus82
Quote:
Here is a another thing.

"Hehehheheh... not to make implications... but in entertainment... Nothing is ever certain... Not even death."

I just didn't expect this show to go that way, but they like doing it.

Just like how Bioware got rid of my Warden.

I admitted when I relayed that quote that it could mean that Cheetara would change her mind down the road. I've never denied that. Though unlike some people I would rather it be gradual instead of happening in the next 3 or 4 episodes because that would just make Cheetara look even worse.

TCL review is just that. a review. it's personal opinion.

Can't comment on Bioware because I've never played their games.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #3800
cmangund
Quote:
Here is a another thing.

Yup that "evil laugh" is a clear indication that they are playing with us viewers, especially with the triangle. Death is a far more permanent unchangable thing rather than relationship, if even that more pemanent thing is not certain then relationship can easily be played around.

The review came from someone that has experience reviewing shows, so its a more "profesional view" of the show.