TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #151
nickanu
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given2u View Post
Here it is
I’m calling hoax on this guys. I’ve seen it a 100 times (mostly with Naruto) . A fan takes a video or a trailer and splices clips of their OC in it and try to make it look all official. If you notice the picture of her doesn’t move.
I say that because it’s an old trailer from the premier….if she was a new character wouldn’t they show new footage along with her...

Don’t trust everything you see on YouTube guys…I can make something like this with my OC in 5 min.
nickanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #152
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
No, no, Lion-O/Mandora!

Maybe they'll rip off Gurran Lagaan. Pumrya really is brainwashed, but snaps out of it because of her and Lion-O's Love for each other. She hangs on just long enough to get married, then she fades away. Lion-O goes wandering the earth, and Thundera get's it's greatest and bestest king ever... Tygra!
Tygra already failed so the greatest king would have to totally be snarf
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #153
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
Also notice how Dobo goes right after Pumyra, a hit with a knee and a growl.
Pumyra: Glad to see you, too.

One big problem in this episode, the 4 mutanteers got their butts handed to them in this episode. We get very little fighting out of them with it being either standing around or getting smacked in the head.

So I think Mumm-ra will celebrate with Pumyra in a giant cake.

Last edited by Singe; 06-16-2012 at 10:48 PM..
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #154
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Pravus Prime's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 195
I have to say, this episode is the first in some time that actually entertained me. It's also a very good season finale. They managed to draw together a lot of the strands.

Also, besides having no doubt that Pumyra was going to turn, the blind rage like that directed at Lion-O is in character and makes psychological sense. (Rational sense is another issue of course.)

The episode had some flaws, but nothing that I'm going to harp on, especially since the better outweighed it. In the end, my biggest problem isn't from this episode at all, it's that the 'Duelist and the Drifter' ends up contributing zero to the series; the lesson wasn't a vital element when Lion-O and Tygra fought, it never came up in any episode despite it being a "lesson learned" kind of episode. It does amuse me that they deliberately powered down the Sword of Omens for this series then had it shoot down multiple fighters in the finale.

That said, I'll earn some ire with the hardcore fans in saying my mind has not been changed, I'd prefer it were this the series finale.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #155
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickanu View Post
I’m calling hoax on this guys. I’ve seen it a 100 times (mostly with Naruto) . A fan takes a video or a trailer and splices clips of their OC in it and try to make it look all official. If you notice the picture of her doesn’t move.
I say that because it’s an old trailer from the premier….if she was a new character wouldn’t they show new footage along with her...

Don’t trust everything you see on YouTube guys…I can make something like this with my OC in 5 min.
This is the real trailer. See?
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #156
Vengerin
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Am I the only one that is pretty much amazed by the idea of Mumm-Ra having a GIRLFRIEND??!!

I mean... I'm so freaking out and... hysterical right now that I'm posting!! I mean, I create this account so I can comment 'cause I love Thundercats since I was a little girl (My three favorite shows of all time was D&D, Thundercats and He-man) and because I so hardcore Mumm-Ra's fan (favorite characters of all time: Venger from D&D, Mumm-Ra and Skeletor) and in the end... Nawwww, I can't, I'm lazy... And this is so a big deal for me that I'm posting!

How cool was THAT??!

From my three all time favorites, Mumm-Ra was the most asexual of the all three, even with the Princess Ta-she episode and Luna around him all time in the OS. I mean, Skeletor and Evil-lyn were an item, you could tell that... Venger, well, there are a lot of SheilaxVenger fanfics and fans always saw his attractive anyhow... But Mumm-Ra? I thought he was so interested in women like in charity, even with the comics with Wilikyt in a Princess Leia costume.

And they not only made the fact natural but amazing too, with a treason, with an old time character, with Lion-O feeling like crap... I loved it, I screamed like a little girl when I saw it.

I really hope the cartoon won't be cancelled or almost I hope to see a second season. I really want to see Mumm-Ra squeezing Pumyra and she like his second in command. And if they bring back Ma-Mutt, they could make my day :P

Ps: Now, thanks to this I also have the mother of all lines to say to screw my single friends: Even Mumm-Ra could get a girl before you XD
Vengerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #157
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
Called it. Also explains why Pumyra is stupid enough to be willing to let the whole bird city crash to the ground while they, the tcats, were still in a building and not near their plane. She's already frigging undead.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #158
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Can someone tell me what happened at the beginning of the episode? My friend's Tivo started when Pumyra was being picked up and Lion-O yelled at her for being disobedient (again). Then Vultureman just tells his guards to confine them or something. I missed something since at the end of the previous episode they were told to dump them.

Anyway, it was an okay episode, but it seemed extremely rushed. The twist of necrophelia was unexpected, but I felt let down by the end, especially if that ends up being the series finale.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #159
stac
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengerin View Post
...with Lion-O feeling like crap...
This just makes me think that all the people saying that MJ hates Lion are actually right.
To be screwed over for Tygra is one thing. But Mumm-Ra? Damn…
Lion-O’s next love interest will probably jerk him around too and finally choose Snarf.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #160
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Pravus Prime's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Can someone tell me what happened at the beginning of the episode? My friend's Tivo started when Pumyra was being picked up and Lion-O yelled at her for being disobedient (again). Then Vultureman just tells his guards to confine them or something. I missed something since at the end of the previous episode they were told to dump them.
Not much.

Vultureman made a grand gesture of pointing out that usually they send their guests back to the ground via airship, but the cats are so barbaric that they will be sent back to the ground via falling with the junk. Vultureman has Osirus open the very slow dropping mechanism and they get word that there's an attack force coming. Lion-O shouts that it's Mumm-Ra coming for the stone and Vultureman states, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and has the garbage doors close.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #161
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
This just makes me think that all the people saying that MJ hates Lion are actually right.
To be screwed over for Tygra is one thing. But Mumm-Ra? Damn…
Lion-O’s next love interest will probably jerk him around too and finally choose Snarf.
Well seeing our jokes about Cheetara back in the long life of EP13 discussions thread practically "came true" with Pumyra, We also had theories/jokes about Snarf having his own agenda, so should Lion-O choose Snarf in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if MJ already had other plans too with Snarf.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #162
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
Lion-O will be dumped in every season finale apparently. In the next season, what new char will they introduce for us just so that she can dump lion-o for the cliffhanger
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #163
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Lion-O will be dumped in every season finale apparently. In the next season, what new char will they introduce for us just so that she can dump lion-o for the cliffhanger
I can see that happening. MJ's hate for Lion-O knows no bounds apparently.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #164
smilodon1
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Lion-O will be dumped in every season finale apparently. In the next season, what new char will they introduce for us just so that she can dump lion-o for the cliffhanger
Perhaps for the next season, Lion-O's love interest would be a blue-skinned Thundercat that resembles James Cameron's Avatar people. Come the finale, she'll dump him for Panthro. The season following that, Wily-Kit dumps Lion-O for her own brother...they are cats, after all.
smilodon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #165
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilodon1 View Post
Perhaps for the next season, Lion-O's love interest would be a blue-skinned Thundercat that resembles James Cameron's Avatar people. Come the finale, she'll dump him for Panthro. The season following that, Wily-Kit dumps Lion-O for her own brother...they are cats, after all.
Thus in the real end of the series Lion-O will commit suicide and Tygra becoming King of TCATS, The End. MJ's little twisted story is complete!

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.

Last edited by cmangund; 06-17-2012 at 12:11 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #166
Epitaph
The Hidden One
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 13
I'm highly amused to see that the forum, which was largely "OH NOEZ, Lion-o/Pumyra!" is now "OH NOEZ, Pumyra iz traitorz!!!11oneeleventyone!"

You know, with slightly better grammar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Bigger plot hole is why sight beyond sight didn't reveal her true nature or pick up on some kind of bad aura on her. Or why miss cleric couldn't detect mumm-ra's bad magic which would be similar to that of the sword of plundar
I didn't think of that before. Perhaps Sight Beyond Sight only works on something Lion-O is actively looking for...like the switch to cross the chasm at the Temple of Omens, or when looking for what was wrong with Tygra's clan...he already knew something was amiss. Pumyra being undead totally blindsided him (and why shouldn't it?!)

As for Cheetara, I'd have to say that perhaps her powers aren't strong enough for her to sense the presence of undead. Or maybe the ASoE are just that good.

As for the episode itself, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it, even if it was somewhat cliche. I liked the call back to all the folks Lion-O has helped, and totally saw the Forever Bag thing coming :P I was disappointed not to see the Drifter, but I imagine he'd be hard to track down, given his usual means of travel, and no one besides Lion-O has even met him.

I did not see the 'Pumyra iz traitorz' thing coming, although now I'm trying to figure out how I missed it. It makes perfect sense. Her being dead was quite a shocker, but I think it adds depth to her character. Cliched depth, but depth. Actually, at the beginning of the episode, I was admiring how gently Lion-O rebuked her...now and again we see shades of the wise king he's going to be, and how far he's come since he left Thundara in a rage.

A nice spot of brotherly-protection, too, with Tygra coming to Lion-O's rescue, with another one of those 'No-one picks on my brother but me' kind of lines. I didn't mind the exchange between Cheetara and Tygra either...their relationship seems to be settling down to a 'Yeah, we're together, this is normal now' kind of thing...I wouldn't mind seeing them face some sort of difficulty to shake them up a little bit, though not at the expense of action and plot.

Let's see...Oh yes, and I thought Kit's bit at the end with Lion-O was quite endearing. Pairing nonsense aside (I hope you all aren't serious about that! o.O;; ) I really like the little sister role she seems to have become to Lion-O, who has been the younger sibling all his life. I'd be interested to see how Kat feels about someone else being his twin sister's hero. Anyway, with the way Lion-O seems to be jerked about every time he finally offers part of his heart to someone (friends and potential mates alike!), it's nice to see someone who truly, honestly loves him and looks up to him, with no ulterior motives.

Beyond hoping he might lead them to the City of Gold and all.

I think this was the best episode I've seen from the new Thundercats in a while, and has done a good job restoring a sense of urgency and plot continuity. With the Tcats being at the disadvantage now, losing a stone and an ally, it actually feels like they may have to step up their game again, rather than coasting as they have since episode 16 or so.

A hiatus wouldn't be the end of the world, but I really hope this isn't the last we see of the new series for a while. This episode was a carrot...don't give us the stick now!

< /long winded post of long-windedness >

Last edited by Epitaph; 06-17-2012 at 12:13 AM..
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #167
Vengerin
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
This just makes me think that all the people saying that MJ hates Lion are actually right.
To be screwed over for Tygra is one thing. But Mumm-Ra? Damn…
Lion-O’s next love interest will probably jerk him around too and finally choose Snarf.
Who wants to bet Willa will end up with Addicus and Mandora will find Alluro irrisistible? XD To this rate, if they let the cartoon go, Wilikyt will grow up and will end up searching for that Princess Leia costume eventually :P

Man, I don't hate Lion-o at all, but I like villains too much, Mumm-Ra especially, to not enjoy this at all. It's like a fangirl's dream come true, a fanfiction with images XD

Even I think that they made Pumyra kiss the hand-shield because, even cool as it is, tongue-kissing a mummy could be just too much XD
Vengerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #168
Kanus
Thunder Mau
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengerin View Post
even cool as it is, tongue-kissing a mummy could be just too much XD
well, they did do that in the Mummy Returns
Kanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #169
Epitaph
The Hidden One
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengerin View Post
Even I think that they made Pumyra kiss the hand-shield because, even cool as it is, tongue-kissing a mummy could be just too much XD
Cannot...unsee that >_<


Hey, if the ASoE can bring back Pumyra and Tygra's whole clan...who else could they bring back?

Given the obvious Star Wars nods in this episode...I wouldn't mind seeing Claudus return in some way, shape, or form. I don't think Lion-O's quite gotten past the thing where he thinks Tygra would be a better king...or that he was a disappointment to his father.

Ah, well, there's always fanfiction. If I feel brave enough to face The Pit (and not the one from the Dogs' City, either!)
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #170
Vengerin
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanus View Post
well, they did do that in the Mummy Returns
That's how amazing that movie is :P

But we are talking cartoons here, US cartoons, I have to add. If this was an anime, trust me, that kiss could be full showed and more other things :P

Aside from that... Who thinks Pumyra in second season (let's hope it will be make) will have a new 'bad girl' outfit?

I bet some Queen Luna kind of thing or some Mumm-Rana in evil :P

Also about the ASoE and bringing more dead guys to torment Lion-O... Sure his father would be something shocking to him, in the same way his mother could be a low hit for Tygra.

Man, now I really want second season >_<

I want to see Mumm-Ra petting Pumyra, maybe with Mumm-Ra in somekind of throne like the one in season premier in Thundera, with his beloved in his feet resting her head in his knee...



Hey, even villains need love too :P
Vengerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #171
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 151
If Pumyra actually had this much hatred towards Lion-O, then why didn't she finish him off back in the Pit? Why didn't she tried to kill him when she had every chance she could get in the last several episodes?
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #172
Vengerin
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
If Pumyra actually had this much hatred towards Lion-O, then why didn't she finish him off back in the Pit? Why didn't she tried to kill him when she had every chance she could get in the last several episodes?
Out of pure, pure speculation since I'm not in Mumm-Ra's mind (gimme time XD), I think Mumm-Ra slipped Pumyra with Lion-o to get to the stones and The Pit thing was a very well planned maneuver to enter in his trust. I mean, the Thundercats have the Book of Omens and sure they can make it work, even if she kicked Lion-o out of the picture, the book could stay with the Thundercats so Mumm-Ra could have the same hard time to get it from them with or without Lion-O.

Also in the flashbacks are the cats the ones that manipulate the book (Leo finding the stones) so maybe he can't make it work and now with Jaga inside, that could be even more impossible to him.
Vengerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #173
NIBMRatchet
Transformers, Baby!
NIBMRatchet's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 52
Man, what a plot twist. Loved the episode. I kind of cried at the when Kit said... "But, look what you've gained" and pointed to the gathered animals.

I take my earlier comment back. I now feel sad to see the show go.
NIBMRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #174
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Thundera
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Thunderian scholar time for the final nail in the coffin. Pumyra and Mumm-ra making-out with tongue.

Lion-O: Everybody, I have an announcement.
Tygra: I wonder what it is?
Lion-O: I'm engaged, to Wilykit.
Everyone: O_O
Wilykat: My sis?!
Panthro: He's lost his mind.
Lion-O: It all makes perfect sense. The first two girls I've tried to be with were failures, but right there under my nose literally. There was one girl who always had faith in me and never doubted me. That was Wilykit.
Wilykat: Come sis, tell us this is a joke?
Wilykit: *Hugs on Lion-O's arm.* I'm going to be a queen.
Jaga: *Appears* Lion-O.
Lion-O: Yes, Jaga.
Jaga: *Gives a thumbs.* Lion-O, good job!
Lion-O: Thanks Jaga.
Tygra: Who is he talking to?
Cheetara: I think it's Jaga, but I don't see him.
Panthro: As I said, he's lost his mind.
Lion-O: Ro-Bear Bill, I want you to build a time chamber to age Wilykit to my same age.
Ro-Bear Bill: Uhhhhhhhh.
Bear Bill: Just shake your head and wave.
Ro-Bear Bill: *Shakes head and waves.* Yes. We love you Lion-O.
Lion-O: Good.
Oh you!
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #175
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Thundera
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengerin View Post
Am I the only one that is pretty much amazed by the idea of Mumm-Ra having a GIRLFRIEND??!!
Urgh! Don't plant images in my head…
Quote:
From my three all time favorites, Mumm-Ra was the most asexual of the all three, even with the Princess Ta-she episode and Luna around him all time in the OS. I mean, Skeletor and Evil-lyn were an item, you could tell that... Venger, well, there are a lot of SheilaxVenger fanfics and fans always saw his attractive anyhow... But Mumm-Ra? I thought he was so interested in women like in charity, even with the comics with Wilikyt in a Princess Leia costume. …
Whaaat?
Quote:

I really hope the cartoon won't be cancelled or almost I hope to see a second season. I really want to see Mumm-Ra squeezing Pumyra and she like his second in command. And if they bring back Ma-Mutt, they could make my day :P
Whaaaat?!?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
This just makes me think that all the people saying that MJ hates Lion are actually right.
To be screwed over for Tygra is one thing. But Mumm-Ra? Damn…
Lion-O’s next love interest will probably jerk him around too and finally choose Snarf.
0_o "A cat is fine too?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengerin View Post
Who wants to bet Willa will end up with Addicus and Mandora will find Alluro irrisistible? XD To this rate, if they let the cartoon go, Wilikyt will grow up and will end up searching for that Princess Leia costume eventually :P

Man, I don't hate Lion-o at all, but I like villains too much, Mumm-Ra especially, to not enjoy this at all. It's like a fangirl's dream come true, a fanfiction with images XD

Even I think that they made Pumyra kiss the hand-shield because, even cool as it is, tongue-kissing a mummy could be just too much XD
Bluarghhhhh!!! YOu and your sick twisted mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengerin View Post
That's how amazing that movie is :P

But we are talking cartoons here, US cartoons, I have to add. If this was an anime, trust me, that kiss could be full showed and more other things :P

Aside from that... Who thinks Pumyra in second season (let's hope it will be make) will have a new 'bad girl' outfit?

I bet some Queen Luna kind of thing or some Mumm-Rana in evil :P

Also about the ASoE and bringing more dead guys to torment Lion-O... Sure his father would be something shocking to him, in the same way his mother could be a low hit for Tygra.

Man, now I really want second season >_<

I want to see Mumm-Ra petting Pumyra, maybe with Mumm-Ra in somekind of throne like the one in season premier in Thundera, with his beloved in his feet resting her head in his knee...



Hey, even villains need love too :P
Can someone please shoot me, NOW?
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #176
Vengerin
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Urgh! Don't plant images in my head…


Too late, the cartoon already did that :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Whaaat?


That was a present from Mumm-Ra, to his favorite slave girl :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Whaaaat?!?!
Do you have anything against dogs? I liked Ma-Mutt back in the day, was the only living thing (so to speak) that Mumm-Ra loved... and now he has Pumyra XD

I only hope she doesn't end up trying to bury the Sword of Omens like the dog in the OS :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Bluarghhhhh!!! YOu and your sick twisted mind
My mind isn't twisted nor sick... But you have to admit the writers of the show are slapping Lion-O in all directions and even when the guy was pretty annoying in the OS, I like him in the current series and he doesn't deserve that huge amount of bad luck.

Like someone said: Losing a girl for your brother is bad, but for the creepy Big Bad of your life? It's like seeing your highschool sweetheart with the highschool bully, making out...

But, in the other hand... Man, how I'm enjoying this!! XD

I'm a villain junkie since I was four years old. I saw all my series for the villains and I loved them a lot.

Seeing something like this? For me? Christmas XD


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Can someone please shoot me, NOW?
Vengerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #177
arnchise
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
if there is a second season, (which at the moment looks highly unlikley), i think they might go the route of half a season of Pumyra saying she hates Lion-o but relises that she really likes then and switches back over. then we get half a season of them not trusting her intill the final battle where she sacrifices herself to help Lion-o win
arnchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #178
rodster6
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Pumyra!!!!!!
oh no you di'int!


Not really sure why Vultureman betrayed his people? He didn't like the Thundercats because they wanted the stone that would make the city fall, so because they were his enemy,he joined forced with Mumm-ra as 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' even though Mumm-ra wanted to take the stones and make the city fall too?

I hope we get to see Ratar-o with the other four mutants at some point. I always thought the relationship between the five was underused in the old toon and interaction between Mumm-ra and Ratar-o would be interesting too as ratar-o doesn't seem the type to take orders.
rodster6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #179
test
You don't stand a chance
test's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: yeovil , somerset (united kingdom)
Posts: 157
Great episode .... I want more. Felt great seeing slithe, monkian, jackalman and vultureman all together for that brief moment.
I really cannot fault this episode apart from it being a crappy place to leave it, if indeed it is to be the last episode.
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #180
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
If Pumyra actually had this much hatred towards Lion-O, then why didn't she finish him off back in the Pit? Why didn't she tried to kill him when she had every chance she could get in the last several episodes?
Pumyra is unstable as shown when she was in the forest with lion-o when she seemed happy and lion-o says something like there is another side to her, he didn't know how right he was. She may want to revert to being her self butthe ASoE control on her forces her rage to control her kind of like Mr. Sinister was doing with morph in the 90's x-men cartoon
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #181
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodster6 View Post
Pumyra!!!!!!
oh no you di'int!


Not really sure why Vultureman betrayed his people? He didn't like the Thundercats because they wanted the stone that would make the city fall, so because they were his enemy,he joined forced with Mumm-ra as 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' even though Mumm-ra wanted to take the stones and make the city fall too?

I hope we get to see Ratar-o with the other four mutants at some point. I always thought the relationship between the five was underused in the old toon and interaction between Mumm-ra and Ratar-o would be interesting too as ratar-o doesn't seem the type to take orders.
He got scared when he saw mumm-ra's power and he was pissed when tygra became his peoples hero and they followed tygra's orders and not his. He claims he is a politician but now he'll be lunch for atticus if he screws up . And if there is another season he might build the nose diver and that stupid fist pounder thing for the mutants
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #182
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Also notice how Dobo goes right after Pumyra, a hit with a knee and a growl.
Pumyra: Glad to see you, too.

One big problem in this episode, the 4 mutanteers got their butts handed to them in this episode. We get very little fighting out of them with it being either standing around or getting smacked in the head.

So I think Mumm-ra will celebrate with Pumyra in a giant cake.
If pumyra remained in the pit he 100th match might have been against dobo to win her freedom so he hit the cat nip out of her to make a point like "screw mumm-ra I would've owned you for life so get that straight" . The four generals have seemed to revert back to their OS mediocrity
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #183
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
So mumm-ra has the tech stone but the berbils seem to be able to match anything the tech stone can do well at least so far. Is the tech stone the only one that might work for mumm-ra as it seems to be the only one to have worked for him in the legacy ep and it seems the spirit stone refuses to let mumm-ra obtain it again hence mumm-ra's comment "the stones are protecting you"
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #184
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wis-freakin-consin
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
If pumyra remained in the pit he 100th match might have been against dobo to win her freedom so he hit the cat nip out of her to make a point like "screw mumm-ra I would've owned you for life so get that straight" . The four generals have seemed to revert back to their OS mediocrity
I think Dobo wanted his money back, lol.



The Generals together look all sorts of awesome. It would have been nice to extend their fight scenes.

*image in my head of Vultaire getting wing sauce put on him by Atticus if he ever screwed up*
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #185
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
Huh... so basically, Pumyra is a Revenant (for those who played D&D). Explains her constant anger... and now we know how Mumm-ra knew where the sword was, or how he got it, or how he followed them everywhere...

Awesome season ending. Just hope there is more. IMagine what cool new armor/clothes Pumyra would get, being one of Mumm-Ra's generals...

Vultaire was hilarious. "Hey, what can I say. I am a politician." Sums it up nicely.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #186
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wis-freakin-consin
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Huh... so basically, Pumyra is a Revenant (for those who played D&D). Explains her constant anger... and now we know how Mumm-ra knew where the sword was, or how he got it, or how he followed them everywhere...

Awesome season ending. Just hope there is more. IMagine what cool new armor/clothes Pumyra would get, being one of Mumm-Ra's generals...

Vultaire was hilarious. "Hey, what can I say. I am a politician." Sums it up nicely.
I liked that line by Vultaire too, LMAO.
I don't think Myra is going to be his general. She's more like his little lovemuffin. *did I just make myself throw up there?* Maybe she'll get a Princess Leia outfit too. Or something to match Mumm-Ra's.

Mumm-Ra: Come hither my little kitty-kat.
Pumyra: *meow* Right here for you my undead Daddy-poo.

JUST KIDDING! Their relationship to me struck more as a master-slave rather than boyfriend-girlfriend if that makes any sense.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #187
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Makes me wonder how thundercats would've been if it were a real anime, it would've had an epic intro for sure and more action
Don't forget the hero would've be the main focus of the trinagle and would've have a harem.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #188
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Lion-O will be dumped in every season finale apparently. In the next season, what new char will they introduce for us just so that she can dump lion-o for the cliffhanger
They want to appeal to another crowd. Bengalia will dump lion-o.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #189
spike78a
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 33
pumyra is a smart one isn't she, side with the person responsible for killing you and seek revenge against the person who did not know you were alive and who didn't happen to hear you when you whispered help.
and didn't mumm-ra almost kill a pumyra a few times, i know the writers will say that was part of the scheme they were pulling on the cats but lion-o barely saved pumyra from the mumm-ra dino thingy and there's no way they were counting on lion-o to save her last minute so i guess pumyra was willing to sacrifice her life and let mumm-ra eat her as long as lion-o was next on the plate.
spike78a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #190
Lion-O*
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 22
There is plenty they could do if they continued this cartoon.
There is still another stone to find.
They can give Slythe and the other generals some more characterization.
They can tell the fate of Lynx-O.
They can introduce Bengali and the Lunataks and Mandora and all the other old school characters.
Lion-O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #191
rodster6
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Whatever happened to Jaga?
rodster6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #192
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
Slithe: Welcome to Mumm-ra's side.
Vultaire: What can I say, it will be an opportunity.
Kaynar: Speaking of which, we have this little game we like to play.
Vultaire: Oh, really.
Kaynar: You dropped something.
Vultaire: Oh, how clumsy. *Bends down.*
Atticus: I'M FIRST!! *Jumps Vultaire.*
Vultaire: AH!
Kaynar: First one to bend down loses.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #193
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Grippen's Items on Ebay
Grippen's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 66
And now what? Anyone knows what will happen next week will they go make a pause?
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #194
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippen View Post
And now what? Anyone knows what will happen next week will they go make a pause?
WB has it on hiatus.

I don't think CN will do reruns. They haven't so far.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #195
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
WB has it on hiatus.

I don't think CN will do reruns. They haven't so far.
Actually they are doing reruns starting next weekend as they go back to the pilot episode.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #196
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
The next set of threads ideas:
Discuss the overall Season 1 story.
Separate character threads to talk just about that one character.
Necrobump old episode threads and discuss what we now know to it.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #197
smilodon1
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11
Addicus eats bird people, I suppose Vultaire will find this out later.
smilodon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #198
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 55
They better fix this whole Pumyra situation or this show is dead to me! Which might be the case already as it seems very unlikely the show will renew anyways... ugh.
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #199
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
One of the plans was to let Pumyra get into Lion-O's heart. Then when she betrays him, he would feel the pain of betrayal she felt when in her eyes, "Lion-O betrayed and left me for dead."
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #200
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Thundera
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengerin View Post
Too late, the cartoon already did that :P
Oh noez!!!
Quote:


That was a present from Mumm-Ra, to his favorite slave girl :P
Yeah right, I was trying to forget that… thanks for nothing anyway

Quote:
Do you have anything against dogs? I liked Ma-Mutt back in the day, was the only living thing (so to speak) that Mumm-Ra loved... and now he has Pumyra XD

I only hope she doesn't end up trying to bury the Sword of Omens like the dog in the OS :P
I got nothing against the dog, but Mumm-ra squeezing Pumyra… OMG!

Quote:
My mind isn't twisted nor sick... But you have to admit the writers of the show are slapping Lion-O in all directions and even when the guy was pretty annoying in the OS, I like him in the current series and he doesn't deserve that huge amount of bad luck.

Like someone said: Losing a girl for your brother is bad, but for the creepy Big Bad of your life? It's like seeing your highschool sweetheart with the highschool bully, making out...
That's true, Lion-O has really bad luck…

Quote:
But, in the other hand... Man, how I'm enjoying this!! XD

I'm a villain junkie since I was four years old. I saw all my series for the villains and I loved them a lot.

Seeing something like this? For me? Christmas XD
Instant No Button! Star Wars funnies FTW!
Quote:
Blargh! I'm dead!

Last edited by Thunderian scholar; 06-17-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thundercats Episode 14 New Alliances Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 739 07-04-2012 03:31 PM
Thundercats Episode 25 What Lies Above Pt 1 Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 203 06-12-2012 11:30 AM
Thundercats Episode 1 & 2 Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 190 11-27-2011 02:22 AM
Thundercats Episode 7 - Legacy Discussion Tony_Bacala Thundercats Cartoons 122 11-27-2011 02:03 AM
Thundercats Episode 5 - Old Friends Discussion Joe Moore Thundercats Cartoons 79 08-24-2011 07:06 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS