TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #51
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I picked up a Cheetara at the Napa Walmart. I left one there.

Last edited by nitewing73; 01-16-2012 at 05:43 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #52
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyeights View Post
I just stopped by Walmart on Crenshaw in Los Angeles, CA and guess what, they had 6 Cheetara figures and I picked them all up. The figure looks great and I can't wait till the 6" Tygra comes out.
pics or it didn't happen. :P

lol
Old 01-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #53
krazyeights
Thunderious
Lol.. Last Sunday I wasn't so lucky. I drove to 3 walmarts and 4 TRU and found the armor of omens only. I suggest you check Walmart cuz in my area (LA) they have more selections than TRU. Plus walmart is everywhere. Call them and see if they have it in stock before you go.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #54
krazyeights
Thunderious
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumm_ra_the_ever_living View Post
pics or it didn't happen. :P

lol
Here is the 6 I bought and 1 that I had already. For your viewing pleasures. :P[IMG]

Last edited by krazyeights; 01-15-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #55
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
That was really nice of you to buy out the store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Thunder...item1c22d826ed

Last edited by IndyCat; 01-16-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 01-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #56
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
I can see buying 2, 3 at max. 1 to keep, and 2 for ebay to recoup gas money (5 dollar profit per figure) but thats just scalping. Disgusting.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #57
Robogeek1973
Thunder Kitty
Wow 6?

I'm feeling guilty about wanting to buy a second one from my Wal-mart, I couldn't imagine getting 6.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #58
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Here is the 6 I bought and 1 that I had already. For your viewing pleasures. :P[IMG]

This is why we can't have nice things.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #59
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Oh you asshole!!! Instead of helping us on the board here, you go and sell them on ebay for more than double the amount. I hope you fall victim to a guy that bids $1000 on your auction so he can win it and then never pay for it and have ebay refuse to refund your Final Value Fee.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #60
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Oh you asshole!!! Instead of helping us on the board here, you go and sell them on ebay for more than double the amount. I hope you fall victim to a guy that bids $1000 on your auction so he can win it and then never pay for it and have ebay refuse to refund your Final Value Fee.
some advice. i just got my cheetara and lion-o 2 days ago. I found her at wal-mart. look carefully behind all the toys in the T-cats aisle.

Last edited by DarkKnight; 01-16-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #61
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
some advice. i just got my cheetara 2 days ago. I found her at wal-mart. look carefully behind all the toys in the T-cats aisle.
lol...I often look behind other toys. Its funny the amount of hard to find stuff thats back there. its even more fun knowing you found somebody's "stash".
Old 01-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #62
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
lol...I often look behind other toys. Its funny the amount of hard to find stuff thats back there. its even more fun knowing you found somebody's "stash".
yeah. I plan on getting 6 inch panthro and classic mummra.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #63
krazyeights
Thunderious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
I can see buying 2, 3 at max. 1 to keep, and 2 for ebay to recoup gas money (5 dollar profit per figure) but thats just scalping. Disgusting.
I am willing to send it to anyone in this forum at my cost and you pay shipping (Estimating $8.00).

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just this figure is so hard and I drove all over the place to get it.

BTW, I only have one left.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #64
krazyeights
Thunderious
Quote:
FYI, I am not making a lot from this. After shipping and EBAY + PAYPAL expensive fees; profit is only about $5.00.

I am more than happy to send this to anyone on this forum at my cost, just pay for shipping.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #65
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Before the mods end up locking this thread.

There's no need to post ebay postings here.

I was trying to help by posting a friendly thread lol Come on guys, lets leave the negative stuff outside.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #66
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
With Walmart in the process of their toy aisle resets I'm sure these will start showing up at most stores. The Walmart I picked it up at in Napa didn't have any Thundercats figures at all and this was the first time they've been showing up so I'm sure we'll all be able to find them. Just like Target not carrying any Thundercat figures and after their reset, they were the first spot I found the new Classic figures.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #67
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewing73 View Post
With Walmart in the process of their toy aisle resets I'm sure these will start showing up at most stores. The Walmart I picked it up at in Napa didn't have any Thundercats figures at all and this was the first time they've been showing up so I'm sure we'll all be able to find them. Just like Target not carrying any Thundercat figures and after their reset, they were the first spot I found the new Classic figures.
I just came from Walmart again and found nothing new. I did see the toy isles being reset as you just mentioned and the Thundercats had been moved and were given a bigger area. I really want these new figures.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #68
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

I was trying to help by posting a friendly thread lol Come on guys, lets leave the negative stuff outside.
So every topic should be unicorns and rainbows? That removes the HUMAN element from a discussion.

Krazy, don't want to pay the ebay and Paypal fees, don't sell them on ebay. Paypal fees are easy to avoid, have the person who is sending you money send it as a gift, that is what I do on everything that is not sold on ebay.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #69
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
So after you sell a Cheetara for $38.88 the shipping, and fees run you around $17.00? I had no idea the fees for eBay and PayPal were so high for the seller. Hardly makes it worthwhile.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #70
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
So after you sell a Cheetara for $38.88 the shipping, and fees run you around $17.00? I had no idea the fees for eBay and PayPal were so high for the seller. Hardly makes it worthwhile.
Final Sale $38.88
eBay listing fee - $0.00 (first 50/month are free)
eBay final value fee - $3.50 (9%)
Shipping - $8.00 (his estimate, which seems a bit high)
PayPal fee - $1.43
Figure cost - $14.97 (Wal-mart's price)
Sales tax - $1.31 (assuming LA)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profit per figure $9.79

Now just my $0.02 here. There's nothing wrong with buying figures to make a profit from them or to offer them to people who would rather pay a little more and not have to leave their house. I know I spend quite a bit of money on gas and a lot of my time hunting down pieces for my collection, but for me that's part of the fun of collecting, it's the hunt. For others though, they just want the figure and to have it early and delivered to their door, they pay a little extra.

I would argue though that posting here about how you bought 7 figures, including completely buying out a Wal-Mart, to sell on eBay... probably isn't the best idea. These are the people who go around hunting like I do. These are the people who when they find a hard to find item in stock, buy one for their collection and then take a picture and post it in the ThunderCats Sightings forum so other people from our area know where to go to find it. These are people who might buy two, not sure if they will keep one sealed or end up selling it. I've done that. I've bought two because I knew that selling one for a marked-up price would help me budget the other one. I mostly do that with online short-term deals though. Best Buy had 3DS games for $4.99 and I bought 3 for myself and 3 to resell. The ones I sold more than covered my entire purchase and gave me a little ThunderCats money too =o) For me, doing that online with a short-term deal is very different from walking in to Toys R Us or Wal-Mart and buying up every single figure they have of a hard to find toy and then marking them up 2.5x on eBay to make a few bucks. Again, just my $0.02.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #71
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
There's nothing wrong with buying figures to make a profit from them or to offer them to people who would rather pay a little more and not have to leave their house.

I would argue though that posting here about how you bought 7 figures, including completely buying out a Wal-Mart, to sell on eBay... probably isn't the best idea.
This.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #72
fordjuse
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Well, if you do not like it MOVE ON. No need for DRAMA here.

Quote:
That is the REASON, I AVOIDED any reply to you. I knew the outcome as you demonstrated in your reply here with another forum member. Again, if you DO NOT like his prices MOVE ON. no need for drama here. You seemed pissed you do not 1 and need to vent. Do it elsewhere.

Quote:
FYI, I am not making a lot from this. After shipping and EBAY + PAYPAL expensive fees; profit is only about $5.00.

I am more than happy to send this to anyone on this forum at my cost, just pay for shipping.
Do not let other members dictate on what to do. This a a FREE MARKET. Sell for price you want. If other members do not like it TOO BAD. They should MOVE ON. You wasted your time, gas, etc... so the mark up is WARRANTED.

Quote:

GREAT POINT !!!

Quote:
So every topic should be unicorns and rainbows? That removes the HUMAN element from a discussion.

Krazy, don't want to pay the ebay and Paypal fees, don't sell them on ebay. Paypal fees are easy to avoid, have the person who is sending you money send it as a gift, that is what I do on everything that is not sold on ebay.
NO WAY !!! Seller has EVERY RIGHT to sell on whatever channels he feels like. Maximizing his profits to fund other things is PRIORITY. Helping members is secondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
Final Sale $38.88
eBay listing fee - $0.00 (first 50/month are free)
eBay final value fee - $3.50 (9%)
Shipping - $8.00 (his estimate, which seems a bit high)
PayPal fee - $1.43
Figure cost - $14.97 (Wal-mart's price)
Sales tax - $1.31 (assuming LA)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profit per figure $9.79

Now just my $0.02 here. There's nothing wrong with buying figures to make a profit from them or to offer them to people who would rather pay a little more and not have to leave their house. I know I spend quite a bit of money on gas and a lot of my time hunting down pieces for my collection, but for me that's part of the fun of collecting, it's the hunt. For others though, they just want the figure and to have it early and delivered to their door, they pay a little extra.

I would argue though that posting here about how you bought 7 figures, including completely buying out a Wal-Mart, to sell on eBay... probably isn't the best idea. These are the people who go around hunting like I do. These are the people who when they find a hard to find item in stock, buy one for their collection and then take a picture and post it in the ThunderCats Sightings forum so other people from our area know where to go to find it. These are people who might buy two, not sure if they will keep one sealed or end up selling it. I've done that. I've bought two because I knew that selling one for a marked-up price would help me budget the other one. I mostly do that with online short-term deals though. Best Buy had 3DS games for $4.99 and I bought 3 for myself and 3 to resell. The ones I sold more than covered my entire purchase and gave me a little ThunderCats money too =o) For me, doing that online with a short-term deal is very different from walking in to Toys R Us or Wal-Mart and buying up every single figure they have of a hard to find toy and then marking them up 2.5x on eBay to make a few bucks. Again, just my $0.02.
GREAT POINTS !!! Use extras to fund other things. You wasted time, gas looking, etc... The MARK UP is WARRANTED !!! Other members are pissed because they DO NOT HAVE RARE figures. They need to vent for sympathy.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #73
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Scalping on a collectors forum is far from warranted. Capitalism is great. But not here. Keep it on Craigslist and eBay. Not to mention bragging about buying excessive amounts of a collectible when others can't find it. That's just being arrogant or bragging how deep your pockets are. Not cool.

Look up "collect to collect code of honor" on one of the star wars forums.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #74
fordjuse
Banned
Quote:
Scalping on a collectors forum is far from warranted. Capitalism is great. But not here. Keep it on Craigslist and eBay. Not to mention bragging about buying excessive amounts of a collectible when others can't find it. That's just being arrogant or bragging how deep your pockets are. Not cool.

Funding(scalping lol) is a FORM of CAPITALISM !!!! Proceedure is to fund other things. Whether to enhance collection, or funding something else it is warranted. The reason is buyer drives, hunts, burns gas, etc... There is mark up and warranted if he wants help forum members out quite simple. Time, gas wasted = money mark up simple

Bragging is part of collecting PERIOD!!!! The people WITHOUT RARE figures seem to be ones venting. Collecting hobby REQUIRES pockets to be DEEP very simple. Without money why collect? Very cool to have deep pockets with cash.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #75
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordjuse View Post
Funding(scalping lol) is a FORM of CAPITALISM !!!! Proceedure is to fund other things. Whether to enhance collection, or funding something else it is warranted. The reason is buyer drives, hunts, burns gas, etc... There is mark up and warranted if he wants help forum members out quite simple. Time, gas wasted = money mark up simple

Bragging is part of collecting PERIOD!!!! The people WITHOUT RARE figures seem to be ones venting. Collecting hobby REQUIRES pockets to be DEEP very simple. Without money why collect? Very cool to have deep pockets with cash.
Clearly, your missing the point.

btw: I have the "rare" figures. I am expressing my opinion as a matter of point. Not jealousy. I am a collector. Not a scalper.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #76
fordjuse
Banned
Quote:

Look at your last 2 sentences. I replied to your statement with facts as how I fund the collecting hobby with deep pockets of cash.

Quote:
Clearly, your missing the point.

btw: I have the "rare" figures. I am expressing my opinion as a matter of point. Not jealousy. I am a collector. Not a scalper.
I am not missing the point that CAPITALISM(aka scalping for funding other things) should not be posted here. I addressed in your reply about having deep pockets full of funds to support hobby.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #77
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
this is getting ugly.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #78
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordjuse View Post
That is the REASON, I AVOIDED any reply to you. I knew the outcome as you demonstrated in your reply here with another forum member. Again, if you DO NOT like his prices MOVE ON. no need for drama here. You seemed pissed you do not 1 and need to vent. Do it elsewhere.
And who the whiskering **** are you? You do not have any right tell me what to do you blithering asshole.

Obviously you know nothing about the frustration of being a collector when you have dipshits like that guy, so get the bleep out of here and go back to whatever toilet you sharded from.

Last edited by Dr Kain; 01-18-2012 at 12:34 AM..
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #79
krazyeights
Thunderious
Here's an update. I called like over 10 walmarts in the Los Angeles area, and it seems they are remodeling their toys department which will be completed by Friday; which means they will restock all their toy inventory. They should have a fresh stock of thundercats toys available. Not sure if it's the same in other states but I would call and check if I were you. I've been having trouble finding Claudus and the Strom Charger. Really need those for my collection. Can't wait!!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #80
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Here's an update. I called like over 10 walmarts in the Los Angeles area, and it seems they are remodeling their toys department which will be completed by Friday; which means they will restock all their toy inventory. They should have a fresh stock of thundercats toys available. Not sure if it's the same in other states but I would call and check if I were you. I've been having trouble finding Claudus and the Strom Charger. Really need those for my collection. Can't wait!!
Thanks for the update. I'm getting bummed wasting my time going to Walmart lately.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #81
Joe Moore
Administrator
And this thread is done.
Closed Thread