TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Michael'O
Thunder Kitty
Apparently, this new ThunderCats series will attempt to…wait for it…"simplify the mythology." Cats producer Michael Jelenic talked to Slash Page about this new direction. "It's a pretty complicated backstory that borrows from a lot of other sci-fi stuff, like Superman and Star Wars," said Jelenic. "In developing this, I wanted it to be a little more simple. In the other version, there's something like three different planets involved, and they all converge onto one planet, and nobody's really connected. I just wanted to bring that all together."

No young Prince Lion-O transforming into a grown-up in his space pod. This new series will have a more focused vision. "It's re-imagined in that way, but at the same time, we're going to see the characters that we love," Jelenic continued. Which characters? Well, aside from Lion-O of course, Jelenic confirmed that Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra and Snarf will all be back! "Everyone always wants to know about Snarf. He will be in it, and he will not talk. Don't worry."

Um, not talk? Does that mean we won't get any "snarf snarf snarfs?" Don't worry, folks. Only the actual human words are gone. All that's left are...the snarfs! "He won't be going, 'Lion-O, why don't you do this?'" said Jelenic in the furry alien character's familiar whine. "We just having him say, 'Snarf! Snarf!' That's a way to get him in the show without annoying every single person who hates him. It's funny, because people are always like, 'I hate Snarf! Wait. you're not going to put him in? That's terrible!'"

"I think when people see the final character designs, people will think it's a different take, but it will feel very familiar to the old series," Jelenic added. "The colors aren't quite as bright as they were. It's a little darker take, but you'll recognize everybody."

NOTE: The source is IGN.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Michael'O
Thunder Kitty
I hope we get to see the three planets but meshed so we still have Thundera, Third Earth and Plundera - but they use them all and don't blow up any.

I am glad Snarf is going to be a normal pet and not able to speak, I hated the fact he could speak.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Joe Moore
Administrator
This is actually very old information. These quotes are from way back in November.

New ‘Thundercats’ Series Will Have Simplified Mythology & Classic Characters (Even Snarf!)
Closed Thread