TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #7251
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
So mummra will get the SoO, does he know how to remove the spell?

We will see lion-o say SoO come to my hand.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-01-2012 at 11:20 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #7252
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
So mummra will get the SoO, does he know how to remove the spell?

We will see lion-o say SoO come to my hand.
Maybe Cheetara will remove the spell for him, and then her journey to the darkside will be complete!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #7253
Balgus82
Quote:
Thanks.

Why Saturday??? That is like how Ireland is doing it.
I know some of you only watch Tcats so you might not be aware, but they're making a Sat morning action block. Ben 10 comes on before Tcats and then DC Nation is on after. I like it. Brings back memories of Sat morning cartoons. Will be nice to have something besides reruns to watch on Sat morning for a change.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #7254
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Funny thing is, they Naruto might not have the ending pairs.

I going to puke when makes eveyone accept Sasuke back in the leaf village. That is the only part of the story I hate.
Writers can be really annoying. Jelenic and Crew one major evidence.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #7255
cmangund
Quote:
What knock them off prime time?
US Hardcore L/C fans

Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #7256
cmangund
Quote:
I notice that. That is interesting that they left that out.

They kind of told us how 16 is going to go. Lion-o is going to save them and earn somethings.
Yeah especially with the way they have ended 13, a cliffhanger with the obvious Lion-O's devastated face.

Hopefully with 16 everything will be starting to change, Lion-O gaining everything back and more, with Tygra kicking the bucket.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #7257
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Maybe Cheetara will remove the spell for him, and then her journey to the darkside will be complete!
Cheetara: Mumm-ra my love, allow me to remove the SoO protection spell for you.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #7258
cmangund
Found out that a new TCATS comics in the works in UK. Since the comic will follow original stories using the characters of the NS. Hopefully what they meant by original stories are different than the crappy Jelenic's NS and the comic will do justice to L/C.

Update by *thedreamwolf on deviantART

NEW PROJECT - THUNDERCATS Comic!
As a reward to those of you who will bother to read this far (I know most wont! ) ... remember that new project I alluded to but couldn't give any more details on? ... well... I can tell you what it is now... - I've been colouring the new Thundercats comic that's out at the end of the month! It's drawn by the amazing Cosmo White and the artwork's looking really lush (if I do say so myself!) - it follows original stories featuring Lion-o and the gang from the new cartoon series (which I'm a huge fan of!) ... I'm really excited to be working on it and I'll show you a preview as soon as I'm able to!

Last edited by cmangund; 03-02-2012 at 07:27 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #7259
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Yeah especially with the way they have ended 13, a cliffhanger with the obvious Lion-O's devastated face.

Hopefully with 16 everything will be starting to change, Lion-O gaining everything back and more, with Tygra kicking the bucket.

He is going to have to beat tygra in the trails, maybe the stone will show how tygra feels.

So is there one out there for 16?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #7260
L08e16o
Quote:
Everyones jaw would drop.

Now that would blow everyone's mind.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #7261
Balgus82
Quote:
Found out that a new TCATS comics in the works in UK. Since the comic will follow original stories using the characters of the NS. Hopefully what they meant by original stories are different than the crappy Jelenic's NS and the comic will do justice to L/C.

As a reward to those of you who will bother to read this far (I know most wont! ) ... remember that new project I alluded to but couldn't give any more details on? ... well... I can tell you what it is now... - I've been colouring the new Thundercats comic that's out at the end of the month! It's drawn by the amazing Cosmo White and the artwork's looking really lush (if I do say so myself!) - it follows original stories featuring Lion-o and the gang from the new cartoon series (which I'm a huge fan of!) ... I'm really excited to be working on it and I'll show you a preview as soon as I'm able to!
They might be original stories, but they still have to stick to the show's framework. All original stories means is that the comic isn't just adapting episodes straight from the show.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #7262
L08e16o
Quote:

It will be interesting how they do this?

I wonder how many books there will be?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #7263
cmangund
Quote:
It will be interesting how they do this?

I wonder how many books there will be?
Yeah it will be cool if they will do L/C right. But it will be bad if they will have T/C the same like the show darn it. Like DC "incorporating" Bats/WW "romance thing" into some comic too because of the DCAU JL thing, aside from the older DC comics that already did bats/ww thing almost at the same time during the DCAU JL/JLU show's original run. With DC not a problem for me because the bats/ww ship in the show was proper, the comic just "using the same idea" and "following it". But who knows maybe with TCATS comic they will change the T/C thing and making it just L/C, one triangle is enough in one version of this TCATS reboot.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-03-2012 at 10:58 AM..
Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #7264
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah it will be cool if they will do L/C right. But it will be bad if they will have T/C the same like the show darn it. Like DC "incorporating" Bats/WW "romance thing" into some comic too because of the DCAU JL thing, aside from the older DC comics that already did bats/ww thing almost at the same time during the DCAU JL/JLU show's original run. With DC not a problem for me because the bats/ww ship in the show was proper, the comic just "using the same idea" and "following it". But who knows maybe with TCATS comic they will change the T/C thing and making it just L/C, one triangle is enough in one version of this TCATS reboot.

Sometimes the anime is better, because they give more info than comics or manga. Of course Novels are better.

That will be interesting. Who are they aiming at?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #7265
cmangund
Quote:
I haven't followed comics since x-men and wolverine (7th grade), I do read manga though.

Sometimes the anime is better, because they give more info than comics or manga. Of course Novels are better.

That will be interesting. Who are they aiming at?
DC and Marvel are screwy with relationships technically speaking, especially nowdays, anybody will "date" anybody even at the same time in different comics. Part of the reason, to sell the comics to a wider audiences as western comics were going down with the sales beaten by manga and japan comics.

I Don't have the details yet with the new TCATS comic.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-03-2012 at 06:35 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #7266
L08e16o
Quote:
DC and Marvel are screwy with relationships technically speaking, especially nowdays, anybody will "date" anybody even at the same time in different comics. Part of the reason, to sell the comics to a wider audiences as western comics were going down with the sales beaten by manga and japan comics.

I Don't have the details yet with the new TCATS comic.

They are trying to find something that will catch on. I remember the what if marvel comics.

I think they will keep it close to the show, but they will show different things.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #7267
stormbringer
Quote:
Manga/Anime fans in Japan are just better. They buy everything. I wait for the complete set to come out for anime, but they will buy every DVD.

They are trying to find something that will catch on. I remember the what if marvel comics.

I think they will keep it close to the show, but they will show different things.
Maybe they'll elaborate more on how why Cheetara became a Sith Lord,uh I mean a cleric.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #7268
cmangund
Quote:
Maybe they'll elaborate more on how why Cheetara became a Sith Lord,uh I mean a cleric.
It turns out Cheetara was already a sith lord when she was born. A natural Sith Lord, that made Mumm-ra in total Awe.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #7269
L08e16o
Quote:
Quote:
It turns out Cheetara was already a sith lord when she was born. A natural Sith Lord, that made Mumm-ra in total Awe.

Jaga should stop lion-o and tell him the truth.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #7270
cmangund
Quote:
Manga/Anime fans in Japan are just better. They buy everything. I wait for the complete set to come out for anime, but they will buy every DVD.

Manga and Anime and Japan comics are much more creative with the characters and stories, rather than western comics in general. Western Comics are mostly man in tights with/without capes and woman in swimsuit/bikini/tights with/without capes

Old 03-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #7271
L08e16o
Quote:
Manga and Anime and Japan comics are much more creative with the characters and stories, rather than western comics in general. Western Comics are mostly man in tights with/without capes and woman in swimsuit/bikini/tights with/without capes

It seems like anime in Japan is on the same level as normal shows. Over here they are not. Cartoons and anime are still looked on as for kids.

Japan anime or manga have great ideas.

Hell girl is a good idea how they did it, it is depressing though. Death Note is another good one.

The one thing I see wrong with Anime from Japan, they try to stick so many Genres as possible in a show and it is getting like hen%%% with alot of their shows.

That is why I love the remake of the TC outfits.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #7272
cmangund
Quote:
Have you seen Queen's Blade or qwaser of stigmata? Now that is ecchi.

It seems like anime in Japan is on the same level as normal shows. Over here they are not. Cartoons and anime are still looked on as for kids.

Japan anime or manga have great ideas.

Hell girl is a good idea how they did it, it is depressing though. Death Note is another good one.

The one thing I see wrong with Anime from Japan, they try to stick so many Genres as possible in a show and it is getting like hen%%% with alot of their shows.

That is why I love the remake of the TC outfits.
Queen's blade is one of those with naked women in hot springs thing right? I think I saw a bit on the net, during one of my "usual patrol". Don't know qwaser of stigmata.

Yeah Cartoons are still considered for kids mainly, but in japan it's different.

Don't now hell girl, death note if I am not mistake it's the one with notebook of death that the human whose name is written in the notebook will die.

Yeah sticking so many genres in one show can be problematic.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #7273
L08e16o
Quote:
Queen's blade is one of those with naked women in hot springs thing right? I think I saw a bit on the net, during one of my "usual patrol". Don't know qwaser of stigmata.

Yeah Cartoons are still considered for kids mainly, but in japan it's different.

Don't now hell girl, death note if I am not mistake it's the one with notebook of death that the human whose name is written in the notebook will die.

Yeah sticking so many genres in one show can be problematic.

Yes on death note. Hell girl is about a girl who is damed to serve the king of hell. People who have a hateful grude will sign in on her site at midnight, they they can make a contract. If they make the contract, the person of their grudge goes to hell. But as she says "curses come home to roost", the other person who sentenced that person to hell will go there to when they die.

They try to do mecha, action, yuri, ecchi, and other stuff. I think it cheapens the story.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #7274
cmangund
Quote:
Queen's blade is a action anime with barely dressed women who lose their clothes when they fight. Qwaser is worse. The Qwaser get their energy from something.

Yes on death note. Hell girl is about a girl who is damed to serve the king of hell. People who have a hateful grude will sign in on her site at midnight, they they can make a contract. If they make the contract, the person of their grudge goes to hell. But as she says "curses come home to roost", the other person who sentenced that person to hell will go there to when they die.

They try to do mecha, action, yuri, ecchi, and other stuff. I think it cheapens the story.
Queen's blade and Qwaser, Silly excuses for an "animated porn".

Japan has tons of "exotic" ideas for stories.

Putting too much themes in one story absolutely can cheapen the story.
Putting really little themes can cheapen the story too.
Putting crazy out of nowhere triangle is the worst of it all...especially if a certain female cat is in it.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-05-2012 at 06:25 AM..
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #7275
L08e16o
Quote:
Queen's blade and Qwaser, Silly excuses for an "animated porn".

Japan has tons of "exotic" ideas for stories.

Putting too much themes in one story absolutely can cheapen the story.
Putting really little themes can cheapen the story too.
Putting crazy out of nowhere triangle is the worst of it all...especially if a certain female cat is in it.

I agree with the triagle, it usually earlier when it starts. They have to develop all sides of the triangle.

We know who isn't going to get invited from lion-o for any important events.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #7276
Balgus82
*ahem*

Just gonna leave this here....

Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #7277
cmangund
Definitely WB's MO, one cheek kiss and one major/minor lip kiss for every ship. But of course Lion-o will have another cheek kiss in Ep 15 so that make Lion-O winning on the cheek kisses and of course the amount of touches. An exception to the rule for Lion-O hopefully with Lion-O it will be similar to BM/WW special ship thing in DCAU:JL with 3-5 different type/expressions of lip kisses, where other ships in JL follows the same normal MO.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-06-2012 at 12:00 AM..
Old 03-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #7278
stormbringer
Quote:
Definitely WB's MO, one cheek kiss and one major lip kiss for every ship. But of course Lion-o will have another cheek kiss in Ep 15 so that make Lion-O winning on the cheek kisses and of course the amount of touches.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #7279
cmangund
Quote:
You know its kind of difficult to tell the difference between her "love" for Tygra, and her "friendship" with Lion-o. Poor Tygra is going to be driven insane dating Cheetara.
Exactly. Cheetara cannot tell the difference between "close friends thing" and "romantic flirtation thing".

It's backtracking for T/C instead of forwardtracking. From a lip kiss reduced to a cheek kiss. poor Tygra.

Last edited by cmangund; 03-05-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #7280
stormbringer
Quote:
Exactly. Cheetara cannot tell the difference between "close friends thing" and "romantic flirtation thing".

It's backtracking for T/C instead of forwardtracking. From a lip kiss reduced to a cheek kiss. poor Tygra.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #7281
cmangund
Quote:
Tygra is gonna regret the day he gave her the infamous flower.
Tygra: Darn at this rate, I will never have the chance to see her butt. Should have given her more flowers that day...

Old 03-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #7282
stormbringer
Quote:
Tygra: Darn at this rate, I will never have the chance to see her butt. Should have given her more flowers that day...

Old 03-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #7283
cmangund
Quote:
And Lion-o will chuckle quietly.
She is closer to her "close friend" than to her "boy friend".

Old 03-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #7284
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
*ahem*

Just gonna leave this here....

I can't see the pic at work. What is it? Coming from you it has to be T/C.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #7285
L08e16o
Quote:

What should we make out of that. This would mean the lip kiss was the thank you for the flower.

Does this mean spirit cheetara is a tease too?

So L/T are just close friends.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #7286
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Hey guy its been a while. This show doesn't make any sense anymore. Cheetara is an epic failure. She failed so bad that Jaga had to guide Lion-o in his spirit form. There is NO way to redeem her character. Whether she stay with Tygra (seductress), return to Lion (Ho) or alone. There is no way to come out clean. The only way would be is that the current Cheetara is someone else in disguise (shapeshifter) as the real Cheetara and even that will have some backlash. She was an oppurtunist and incompitate thru and thru. She justed used her charm to take a advantage of Lion-o's naivete and use to push Lion-o on BECUASE Jaga told her to not but because she wanted to. What will her function as a character NOW. She can't go back to Lion-o and say, "Shall we continue where we left of. Me seducing you so that you can become a good leader." Yeah that makes a lot of sense. What makes a good anime/cartoon is the writing. It needs a small sense of realism even if it a anime/cartoon. Audience need to relate somehow
Given2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #7287
cmangund
Quote:
That is strange.

What should we make out of that. This would mean the lip kiss was the thank you for the flower.

Does this mean spirit cheetara is a tease too?

So L/T are just close friends.
Looks like it. Poor Tygra no chance for him to see her 'true' butt.

Only with the spirit of cheetara cheek kiss will be a forwardtracking L/C thing instead of backtracking.

The truth is the seductress only sees both brothers as "close friends" with the seduction thing only as her hobby

Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #7288
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given2u View Post
Hey guy its been a while. This show doesn't make any sense anymore. Cheetara is an epic failure. She failed so bad that Jaga had to guide Lion-o in his spirit form. There is NO way to redeem her character. Whether she stay with Tygra (seductress), return to Lion (Ho) or alone. There is no way to come out clean. The only way would be is that the current Cheetara is someone else in disguise (shapeshifter) as the real Cheetara and even that will have some backlash. She was an oppurtunist and incompitate thru and thru. She justed used her charm to take a advantage of Lion-o's naivete and use to push Lion-o on BECUASE Jaga told her to not but because she wanted to. What will her function as a character NOW. She can't go back to Lion-o and say, "Shall we continue where we left of. Me seducing you so that you can become a good leader." Yeah that makes a lot of sense. What makes a good anime/cartoon is the writing. It needs a small sense of realism even if it a anime/cartoon. Audience need to relate somehow
That is precisely the problem with Cheetara. Jelenic and crew really "killed" Cheetara. She's the main cause of Lion-O's death. pathetic. It's already been confirmed by Dan Norton himself that is the real Cheetara not a shapeshifter.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #7289
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Then her character is unredeemable PERIOD. Not possible. I don't care if she changes her mind later. She will always be unredeemable. It no wonder they switched the time. My of us won't give the time of day. The kids don't know any better. *sigh*
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #7290
L08e16o
Quote:
Agreed and this is a kids show (6-11).

She is a cleric, I would think that would mean she has some moral concept. She should've pulled both brothers together and said I choose no one, but still thank tygra. She heard the prediction twice and she only made it worse. By lion-o's action, I believe he felt betrayed by cheetara not tygra. Now lion-o is dead. I never seen a hero suffer so much in a kids show.

Then we get another cheek kiss from the spirit cheetara, it is like they are playing us. The only thing is, to me they are making cheetara character look bad.

Her character is more than a love triangle plot device, but that is how the writers have shown her to me.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #7291
L08e16o
Quote:
Looks like it. Poor Tygra no chance for him to see her 'true' butt.

Only with the spirit of cheetara cheek kiss will be a forwardtracking L/C thing instead of backtracking.

The truth is the seductress only sees both brothers as "close friends" with the seduction thing only as her hobby

She doesn't need to give him cheek kisses now, she should be kissing him on the lips again.

Lion-o didn't expect the SC to kiss him. Lion-o is going to be ruined by cheetara.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #7292
L08e16o
Quote:
That is precisely the problem with Cheetara. Jelenic and crew really "killed" Cheetara. She's the main cause of Lion-O's death. pathetic. It's already been confirmed by Dan Norton himself that is the real Cheetara not a shapeshifter.

Then her character is unredeemable PERIOD. Not possible. I don't care if she changes her mind later. She will always be unredeemable. It no wonder they switched the time. My of us won't give the time of day. The kids don't know any better. *sigh*
I still believe she went to tygra to prevent the betrayal that Annet was telling her. Look at her expression. Kids she her hurting the main hero and he is dead, so I don't know how they will take that.

She owed tygra a thank you, there is no way around that. She handled it poorly though.

If cheetara saw lion-o as a close friend, then she should've been honest from the begining. She is not a close friend to him, she crushed him and now he has a watery grave.

I was surprised they moved it all ready. Why not have episodes 14-26 on prime time and then move it.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #7293
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I still believe she went to tygra to prevent the betrayal that Annet was telling her. Look at her expression. Kids she her hurting the main hero and he is dead, so I don't know how they will take that.

She owed tygra a thank you, there is no way around that. She handled it poorly though.

If cheetara saw lion-o as a close friend, then she should've been honest from the begining. She is not a close friend to him, she crushed him and now he has a watery grave.

I was surprised they moved it all ready. Why not have episodes 14-26 on prime time and then move it.
Maybe it has to do with the backlash rating.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #7294
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
remember they aired the episodes elsewhere. Maybe they a huge drop in ratings and decided to switch it to Sat mornings to compensate the ratings. They're trying to savage what they can. They seem deperate to me.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #7295
stormbringer
Quote:
Yep, at this point they may as well just acknowledge Cheetara as an all out villain, and make Pumyra the new heroine of the show. There's no redeeming Cheetara anymore.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #7296
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe it has to do with the backlash rating.
Quote:
remember they aired the episodes elsewhere. Maybe they a huge drop in ratings and decided to switch it to Sat mornings to compensate the ratings. They're trying to savage what they can. They seem deperate to me.
That is what I am thinking.

Ireland, but they didn't show 16. Wonder why.

I would be hate to be know as the person that dropped the ball on TC.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-06-2012 at 12:47 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #7297
L08e16o
Quote:
Yep, at this point they may as well just acknowledge Cheetara as an all out villain, and make Pumyra the new heroine of the show. There's no redeeming Cheetara anymore.
Pumyra will be coming up in what I believe will be tygra's arch (Native Son).

I wonder if they knew this would make cheetara look kind of bad.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-06-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #7298
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
That is what I am thinking.

Ireland, but they didn't show 16. Wonder why.

I would be hate to be know as the person that dropped the ball on TC.
I not just about the L/C. The whole is not even realistic even a cartoon.

1. girl falls for a guy because he gave her a flower.
2. They ignore each other as if they don't know each
3. they kiss out of nowhere and told Lion-o they were in love with each all this time.
4. She cleric with special interest?

What is her function a character. It sure hell ain't going to be a supportive character that is for sure.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #7299
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
She thinks like an animal and not in a good way. The strongest in her eyes Tygra so she goes with him. I would like to see what the B**** does after Lion-o gets a power up.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #7300
stormbringer
Quote:
Pumyra will be coming up in what I believe will be tygra's arch (Native Son).

I wonder if they knew this would make cheetara look kind of bad.
If they did know that she would look bad, it still leaves us with the obvious question of why did they do it at all? This was a very poorly done story.