TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #51
EDcomics
Thunder Kitty
Looks really good to me, although I do worry about that pixelation. It's not unknown for some shows to end up looking like that when they air (90's Spider-man, for example), but hopefully it's just an internet thing and we'll get nice, smooth images when the thing finally airs. Nice work from Studio 4C, as was to be expected.
EDcomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #52
King T'Challa
Thunder Kitty
It looks phenomenal.

Better than any classic 80's cartoon rehash we've seen.

Glorious.
King T'Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #53
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDcomics View Post
Looks really good to me, although I do worry about that pixelation. It's not unknown for some shows to end up looking like that when they air (90's Spider-man, for example), but hopefully it's just an internet thing and we'll get nice, smooth images when the thing finally airs. Nice work from Studio 4C, as was to be expected.
Well, the caps are from a non-HD Youtube video. The actual show will look much, much better. If and when we get an HD video, the difference will be instantly noticeable.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #54
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
Thanks for the link (US only one and international one ) When does this show start?!

I like the Middle Eastern music added to the music. I just wonder if this is typical trailer music or the actual music that'll be used in the show--I hope the latter as it is GOOD!

I cannot wait for this show to start. Damn it Cartoon Network, screw the hype get it started!
Show starts this Fall. As soon as the official air date is released, we'll be sure to let everyone know.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #55
Transformed
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Show starts this Fall. As soon as the official air date is released, we'll be sure to let everyone know.
Figures, but I guess we still have Transformers: Prime and G.I. Joe: Renegades to hold us over for a while still, but Fall is so far away. The extended trailer has me more pumped for Thundercats than any G.I. Joe or Transformers cartoon currently running
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #56
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T'Challa View Post
It looks phenomenal.

Better than any classic 80's cartoon rehash we've seen.

Glorious.
Exactly.
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #57
Lynx-0
Thunder Awesome
Ah, now I remember where I've heard that music before. It was on the GI Joe: Resolute trailer promo as well.
Lynx-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #58
Snarf
The show's *REAL* hero!
Well, I am pleasantly surprised to have seen Wily-Kit, -Kat, & Snarf... If anything, I was half-expecting them to have been written out of the new series. (EDIT: But wait, there's that article that specifically said he was in the new series!)

Anyway, I like the animation from the 'trailer', and I'm looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves for us with the new show!

-Snarf.

Last edited by Snarf; 03-04-2011 at 07:39 PM..
Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #59
Reeds
Thunderan Q-Wing Pilot
The animation looks better than I thought. Hopefully the quality remains high throughout the series and not just for the intro episodes and story arc.

I like the idea of not following in the original show's footsteps too much. If it did, then we might as well just watch the original show. This will complement the original nicely.

The land seems steeped in culture and tradition. I love how established it all looked. Even though it was just a quick glimpse at many different scenes and situations, I can really see the care that went into it. And in the end, that inevitable kablooey of the planet (whenever that may occur) will make it all the more riveting. It may even change the way we feel when we watch the first episode of the original series from here on out.
Reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #60
Transformed
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-0 View Post
Ah, now I remember where I've heard that music before. It was on the GI Joe: Resolute trailer promo as well.
Ah, I guess that's were I heard it too. For some reason I thought I heard it for something related to Clash of the Titans.

Cartoon Network is taking a shot at the HUB, huh? No offense to the G.I. Joe, but this music is better suited for the Thundercats, IMHO.
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:10 AM   #61
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I wouldn't consider that taking a shot. It's just production music that anyone can use.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote