TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 08-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Since there is a few of us from Indiana so far I wanted to make a place for us to hang out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidwii View Post
To be honest I didn't really look closely at the swords....The thundercats really caught me off guard. What side of town are you at? I am mostly on the westside but happen to be on Madison looking for Batman Legacy stuff.
I live on the southside in Greenwood but I work on the NW side. so I pretty can hit everything on bloth places and in between. Occasionally on my lunch ill drive up to the castleton TRU.

I collect Thundercats (old and new), Mighty Muggs, Minimates, Kubricks, Iron Man stuff, a few MOTUC and some cool things from SDCC's. I usually like the mini-scale stuff

What all do you collect?

Last edited by IndyCat; 08-04-2011 at 10:18 AM..
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
solidwii
ThunderDats
Snarf snarf....
solidwii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
solidwii
ThunderDats
I kinda asked this on the sightings thread but is anyone going to the Ash Comics show on August 21 Sunday? I am always there.

ASH Comics and Shows
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I kinda asked this on the sightings thread but is anyone going to the Ash Comics show on August 21 Sunday? I am always there.

ASH Comics and Shows
never been...

both my sons are into comics but I havent collected for years. we occasionally hit up our LCS but this might be fun for them. Is it any good?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Here are some pics of my Classic Thundercats Collection. Since the pictures were taken I have also managed to get vultureman, Grune and Panthro. I happened to find this lot on Craigslist for a rediculously cheap price. all figuires are practically mint and 100% complete.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
solidwii
ThunderDats
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
never been...

both my sons are into comics but I havent collected for years. we occasionally hit up our LCS but this might be fun for them. Is it any good?
The Comic Show is nice if they get good dealers to show up. I think your sons would like it. It sucks that comic carnival closed down in greenwood and 38th st. I mostly hit up half price books for deals. They had .50 back issues and trades for half off.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
there is an awesome store on the southside called Comic Book University

but yeah too bad those other stores closed up.

This store was on the far westide that closed as well. I got in there only 1 time before they closed. I think they just do online sales now. I occasionally see them advertising on craigslist.
AP collectibles

Last edited by IndyCat; 08-04-2011 at 10:29 AM..
Old 08-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
solidwii
ThunderDats
Quote:
Here are some pics of my Classic Thundercats Collection. Since the pictures were taken I have also managed to get vultureman, Grune and Panthro. I happened to find this lot on Craigslist for a rediculously cheap price. all figuires are practically mint and 100% complete.

That looks nice. Are those APEX cases or custom?

I really want to see what the classics line will look like.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
solidwii
ThunderDats
Quote:
there is an awesome store on the southside called Comic Book University

but yeah too bad those other stores closed up.

Is that the downtown comics right next to godfather pizza and play it again sports?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Is that the downtown comics right next to godfather pizza and play it again sports?
Yes same place however he broke away from downtown comics and made it his own place. Great little store. has tons of stuff.

not sure what kind of cases they are, they came with the collection.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
solidwii
ThunderDats
Quote:
Yes same place however he broke away from downtown comics and made it his own place. Great little store. has tons of stuff.

not sure what kind of cases they are, they came with the collection.
Have you checked out the Emporium across the street? They had some vintage TC figs there. Most didn't have accessories though. Its in the booth at the back right of the store. Also the Southside flea market by that Kmart has a couple of toy booths.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Have you checked out the Emporium across the street? They had some vintage TC figs there. Most didn't have accessories though. Its in the booth at the back right of the store. Also the Southside flea market by that Kmart has a couple of toy booths.
yeah I saw those TC figures at the emporium a while ago. Prices are to high for the condition imo. I think they were like $10 but they were missing lots of paint and some were even missing fingers and stuff.

Havnt been over to the other flea market yet.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
the classics are here somewhere! Just need to find them!

Thundercats Classic Bandai 8 inch Figure TYGRA | eBay
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
For now, I collect the 2011 line. I'm just really getting into Thundercats now. I was only a baby when the Original Series first aired. However, I end up getting my brother's figures when I was like 4 or 5. I may try to get some of the '80's line somewhere down the road, but I will definitely be getting the Classics Lion-O and Tygra made by Bandai.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #15
FunderCat
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, same here as with Hyper Jaguar. I was born in the 90's so I only got to watch ThunderCats when CN showed reruns. For now though I'm focusing on the 4'' line, starting out slowly. But other than that I collect very diverse lines, like right now I'm into the Bandai SH Figuarts line. It's draining my wallet but damn they are impressive.
FunderCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #16
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
too bad you werent old enough for the originals! fyi: you can rent them on netflix if you have a subscrition, DVD only though. but they have them all.

for me I did watch the original shows, so they are more nolstalgic...the new show however is cool, but my generation didnt really get very much of the whole japanese animation thing. pretty much when power rangers became popular, I was old enough to be getting out of the cartoons and such.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
went to the TRU in Castleton.

Had a few things left. I only got the Tygra Classic. I was wanting to get the regular sword and claw shield.....but WOW are they small!! I think I'll pass on those. I used the TRU facebook 20% off coupon and got tygra for $17.11 after tax. not bad. They retail for $19.99

2 x Tygra classics
1 x Claw Shield
2 x regular Sword of Omen's
1 x 6" Panthro
1 x 6" Mumm-Ra
4 x Thundertanks
1 x 4" Tygra
2 x 4" Deluxe Lion-O's
2 x 4" Deluxe Mumm-Ra's
3 x 14" Mezco Lion-O's
5 x Deluxe Sword of Omen's
1 x Lion-O Cycle
1 x Tygra Cycle
1 x Lizard Cannon

Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #18
FunderCat
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
too bad you werent old enough for the originals! fyi: you can rent them on netflix if you have a subscrition, DVD only though. but they have them all.

for me I did watch the original shows, so they are more nolstalgic...the new show however is cool, but my generation didnt really get very much of the whole japanese animation thing. pretty much when power rangers became popular, I was old enough to be getting out of the cartoons and such.
Aww man, I took the DVD option out of my Netflix. I don't like paying that extra cash
FunderCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Picked this up off craigslist yesterday

Old 08-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Are there specific places where you can find those type of display cases?
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #21
solidwii
ThunderDats
Quote:
Picked this up off craigslist yesterday

Nice Haul. I also saw a few listings for GI Joe customs on CL. were those yours?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #22
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Nice Haul. I also saw a few listings for GI Joe customs on CL. were those yours?
Probably. I have them listed there.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #23
SaberKat
New Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Jaguar View Post
Are there specific places where you can find those type of display cases?
Maybe Ikea or Pier 1 Imports?
SaberKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #24
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I had a change of plans and want to sell that glass display case if anyone is interested.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #25
solidwii
ThunderDats
Quote:
I had a change of plans and want to sell that glass display case if anyone is interested.
I would be...depending on price
Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #26
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
pm sent.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #27
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
See my post for 20% off single item at TRU coupon.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #28
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
if anyone finds one of those Grune Variants let me know as well as an 8" Lion-o with the name printed on the bubble.

Thundercats Sightings ( or lack of )

Walmart near 86th & Michigan - Not carrying Thundercats
Walmart near Countyline Rd & 65 South - Not Carrying Thundercats
Walmart on US 31 South Indy/Greenwood - Not Carrying Thundercats
K-Mart on US 31 in Greenwood - Not Carrying Thundercats

TRU in Greenwood - Pretty much have everything except 4" Wily Kat, 4" Wily Kit, 4" Grune and 8" Lion-O. They havent had a restock since 9/11.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #29
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycp View Post
IndyCat, I live in Indianapolis too! We should coordinate on where the toys are at and who has what in stock, especially when Wave 2 comes out.

Do you know anywhere around that has some orginal series toys for sale? The only place I know is the vintage toy store in Kokomo.
The K-Mart on Madison on the Southside of Indy carries Thundercats. Thats the only Kmart I have seen them at. I know the northside and southside TRU's carry Thundercats, I assume so does the W. washington store but I havent been in there.

The plainfield Walmart carries Thundercats.

The only place I know of that has a few vintage thunder cats is the southside fleamarket at County Line and 135. they only have a few are really beat up. no weapons or anything. I have to rely on ebay for the vintage stuff. I havent been to kokomo toys, but from what I can tell on their website and ebay page, they are pretty expensive.