TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 08-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I hope this comes to pass because there is so much I would love to see, like the viking like creatures and there ship from the second episode.

But I wonder if they will follow lines like power rangers teenage mutant ninja turtles and batman and have the core thundercats in about 50 + varieties.

I hope this is the case because it would give me a chance to focus on just different characters rather than buying scuba diving, mountain climbing, snowboarding, jungle preadator, invisible, slightly invisible, half invisible, clear, battle damaged, croc hunter, shark hunter versions of liono.

DOnt get me wrong I may have to pick some up if I like them but do you think Thundercats will become that line? and Rank with transformers star wars and wwe?
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
I hope this is the case because it would give me a chance to focus on just different characters rather than buying scuba diving, mountain climbing, snowboarding, jungle preadator, invisible, slightly invisible, half invisible, clear, battle damaged, croc hunter, shark hunter versions of liono.
Dear God of the Thundercats, PLEASE do NOT let this happen.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
Catnip power Lion-O ! lol yeahhhh...no

I hope they treat this line with the dignity and respect it deserves.
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
LordLionO
Hear the Roar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
Battle Damage if different enough in look is cool with me, as is Scuba Diving Cheetara.
LordLionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
Trukkinmunky
cleric
I think only costume variants of existing characters with new accessories, is the only way we'll see different versions of same characters for each line. I do feel that this line will be Bandai's new main line and they will give it most of their attention.
Trukkinmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
A couple variations to certain characters would be nice to see. Most especially if the claw shield really does develop into a full set of armor over the course of the show like it was said to to a while back (Panthro's nunchucks don't shoot fire and ice, and Cheetara's staff doesn't split into two, so who knows what all's changed since then). Would be nice to see a Tygra figure in the outfit he wore in the premiere.

Though I do think that the majority of the line should stay as fresh as possible, and mostly new characters.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I hope thundercats does become the flagship but i agree with the sentiment that ridiculous variations shouldnt be made, but if it appears in the show i want it released.

Am I the only one who wants a viking ship and crew from the second episode?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It would be cool, but at the same time I'm not sure I would buy it if it was actually made. Though I would love to see at least the captain and first mate made at the 6" scale, if not the cook too.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Thundera
Thundercat!
Quote:
I hope thundercats does become the flagship but i agree with the sentiment that ridiculous variations shouldnt be made, but if it appears in the show i want it released.

I would love to see that made! I would buy it in a heart beat!
Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #10
Joe Moore
Administrator
I doubt Thundercats will unseat Power Rangers as Bandai's #1 seller. PR brings in a ton of money for them as that series is reinvented every single year and kept fresh for new audiences. For years it was the #1 selling toy line in the world, and they're constantly in rotation of the top 3.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I dont know, I think Thundercats has broken new ground with the new cartoon. Remember the original series back when they where on third earth basically the mutants would try useless plan time and time again to try and defeat the thundercats but the thundercats would prevail and evereybodys happy end of story.

This one seems to be more quest oriented and one episode feeds of the last similar to dragon ball z who if im not mistaken has action figures made by bandai? I know irwin also made them as ive collected quite a few of there action figures as well.

But with dragon ball z we also saw near every character to make it in the cartoon.

And there is alot of source material including those giant robot things the lizards use.

This has the potential to have the quantity of toys that where availiable in the 80s and keep going.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
Playboy centerfold Cheetarah is great with me! LMAO Seriously, I don't want 1000 different Lion-Os......
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
The current Power Rangers line is selling pretty well right now. However, it's not doing as well as it was in past years. From what I've seen of the ThunderCats line, I wouldn't be surprised if it became the flagship line for Bandai if the show and the toy line continue to do well.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #14
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
I think there already screwing with too many lines. 4 inch and the super big would be fine. Do less multiples of 1 charecter and do a lot of 1 off characters. This stuff is very collectible so make it a large collection. Every episode they should put someone new out and every week people will buy a new toy.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
I doubt Thundercats will unseat Power Rangers as Bandai's #1 seller. PR brings in a ton of money for them as that series is reinvented every single year and kept fresh for new audiences. For years it was the #1 selling toy line in the world, and they're constantly in rotation of the top 3.
Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd, this is what is wrong with the world today. I hope that kids connect with TC, it's a great show.
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #16
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

You could always nab that ship from Pirates 4 as a stand in.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote