TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Reviews and Feedback

Old 08-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Optibotimus
Thunder Kitty
Here's my review of both the 2011 SDCC and retail version of this new figure.

Enjoy guys
Optibotimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Great review. I'll definitely be sticking with the regular retail release of him (might even end-up being my first purchase from the line). The chrome swords and stand are nowhere near enough to make the SDCC/TRU exclusive worth the cost. I just hope that the Classic line continues on for as long as they can make it, lol. As good as Lion-O and Tygra look, it would be said if they were the only one's ever made.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Optibotimus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Great review. I'll definitely be sticking with the regular retail release of him (might even end-up being my first purchase from the line). The chrome swords and stand are nowhere near enough to make the SDCC/TRU exclusive worth the cost. I just hope that the Classic line continues on for as long as they can make it, lol. As good as Lion-O and Tygra look, it would be said if they were the only one's ever made.
I'd be shocked if they didn't at least make the primary characters. It just wouldn't be right
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Shifty02
Thunder Cat
I still think Bandai just went too overboard with the muscle detailing on the SDCC Lion-O. It retail one just looks so much cleaner and more in style with the animation. Just sucks that the swords on the retail are so dang floppy. All I want from the SDCC Lion-O are the weapons and stand. Alas, I don't see that happening any time soon.
Shifty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Optibotimus
Thunder Kitty
I do have to say...while the paint is bad...it has grown on me. It's really weird but i kinda like it now. The clean look is still my preference...but something about the darkness on the SDCC pulls me in more then i thought it would haha
Old 08-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Great review. When my figures arrive in the mail, I plan on using the stand and sword from the exclusive and putting them with the retail version for an "ultimate" Lion-O.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
Optibotimus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by User897 View Post
Great review. When my figures arrive in the mail, I plan on using the stand and sword from the exclusive and putting them with the retail version for an "ultimate" Lion-O.
Thank you.

I think that's a good way to display him..that's what i'm doing
Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
The main problem with the SDCC version, at least the one you have is those brown lines on his shoulders. They just look like brown lines that look like they've been splattered somewhere.
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
Hammerhand
Thunder Kitty
I'll definitely stick to the Regular Release when I get these Classics figures.
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #10
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Now I HAVE to get the Classics Figures.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
Cool, detailed showcase. Glad to see you're reviewing the Thundercats Classics as I often check out and enjoy your Transformers' reviews. Suffice it to say, this one did not disappoint. IMO, the "regular" version of Lion-O is head and shoulders superior to the SDCC Lion-O, but I do agree, the accessories from the exclusive are impressive. Although it's not enough to push me to shell out the extra $ for the SDCC figure, I would be interested in purchasing a separate set of the accessories if any sellers on the secondary market happen to break apart their sets. Doubtful that'll ever happen, but one can dream right? LOL. Anyway, keep the reviews coming. Thanks and take care.
McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote