TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #51
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
I was really enjoying the new show, and am sad to see it go. The fights around here weren't worth my time, so I finally stopped coming around. But I figured I'd pop in and give my 2 cents worth on the end of the show.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #52
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 143
I guess now's the time to start buying those thundercats clearance stuff! 5 bucks for the sword of omens at kmart, woot woot!
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #53
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 143
Like everybody else, im sad to see this show go, I was really diggin and loving the wily kittens, snarf wasnt as lame as the 80s, and this show had alot of good things ahead, With time things would have gotten better. But i wanna see the thundercats on the big screen next time around hopfully from that, they can bring the cartoons to the small screen and by then, lil kids would already know what the show is about because of the live action film.
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #54
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Tygra is a king without a kingdom just like lion-o.

Lion-o is the supportng character in this show.

It does matter who is better. There is a reason why the OS is still popular.
Who is better does matter its like making Hot rod better than Optimus (with the matrix) or robin/night wing better than bat man. Outcasts hidden away in a cave isn't a kingdom. So if this was indeed the tygra show it was destined to fail. Should gave snarf more air time
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #55
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Tygra is a king without a kingdom just like lion-o.

Lion-o is the supportng character in this show.

It does matter who is better. There is a reason why the OS is still popular.
No it doesn't. That is not how a royal bloodline works.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #56
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Who is better does matter its like making Hot rod better than Optimus (with the matrix) or robin/night wing better than bat man. Outcasts hidden away in a cave isn't a kingdom. So if this was indeed the tygra show it was destined to fail. Should gave snarf more air time
Except Rodimus Prime was better than Optimus. Rodimus had doubts. He was not always positive. He had feelings. Optimus was just a tool.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #57
Shadowknight1
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 29
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curse you cartoon network!!!! Curse you warner bros. For not trying to put it on a different network where it might thrive!!!!
Shadowknight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #58
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Except Rodimus Prime was better than Optimus. Rodimus had doubts. He was not always positive. He had feelings. Optimus was just a tool.
I wasn't comparing optimus and rodimus in my 1st post because I said hot rod. What I meant is if they made hot rod (before matrix/rodimus) better than prime who has the matrix it wouldn't make sense. So why was tygra out shinning lion-o even after lion-o improved ? And I think optimus is 3 times better than rodimus. Optimus had feelings as well but was much more confident in his decisions plus his truck mode was much better than the rodimus WTF is that an RV truck mode . If any one was a tool it was ultra magnus
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #59
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
So why was tygra out shinning lion-o even after lion-o improved ?
I don't know. Why was Lion-O better at everything than all the other ThunderCats in the original show?
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #60
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
I don't know. Why was Lion-O better at everything than all the other ThunderCats in the original show?
Lion-o was better at everything than the other cats were in the OS Really because I never saw him build or design anything like panthro and tygra did (even the kittens and snarfer did on new thundera). I never saw lion-o fix the sword when it got broken (bengali fixed it once). Never saw him fly the thunderstrike through that cavern of darkness like lynxo does. Lion-o isn't faster than cheetara and can't beat her in a straight up race ( he wasn't the one who ran in to save tygra in that aging cave). So it can be concluded that in the OS lion-o isn't faster than cheetara, not as tech savvy as tygra and panthro or snarfer and the kittens. Lion-o isn't a better black smith than bengali because I think lion-o has zero skill in that trade. Lion-o isn't as wise as jaga or lynxo or any of his elders (snarf included) for that matter. If lion-o is stronger of a better fighter than panthro is still an uncertainty (during the trails their fight was interrupted) and lion-o stated he wasn't sure who would win but it seemed he think panthro would own him. Each cat had their brought something to the table and lion-o always needed them. Lion-o was the star hands down in the OS but to say he was better at everything than the other cats is stretching it
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #61
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
I was exaggerating, of course, but still- Lion-O saved the day 99% of the time. And he still managed to beat all the cats during the trails despite or because of the circumstances.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #62
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
I was exaggerating, of course, but still- Lion-O saved the day 99% of the time. And he still managed to beat all the cats during the trails despite or because of the circumstances.
In the OS he did (Trials), but not in the NS he lost to tygra again.

He didn't save the day 99% of time. In episode 25 and 26, it was Tygra (ACE), Panthro, and Kittens who saved the day.

Last edited by L08e16o; 09-02-2012 at 05:46 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #63
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Lion-o was better at everything than the other cats were in the OS Really because I never saw him build or design anything like panthro and tygra did (even the kittens and snarfer did on new thundera). I never saw lion-o fix the sword when it got broken (bengali fixed it once). Never saw him fly the thunderstrike through that cavern of darkness like lynxo does. Lion-o isn't faster than cheetara and can't beat her in a straight up race ( he wasn't the one who ran in to save tygra in that aging cave). So it can be concluded that in the OS lion-o isn't faster than cheetara, not as tech savvy as tygra and panthro or snarfer and the kittens. Lion-o isn't a better black smith than bengali because I think lion-o has zero skill in that trade. Lion-o isn't as wise as jaga or lynxo or any of his elders (snarf included) for that matter. If lion-o is stronger of a better fighter than panthro is still an uncertainty (during the trails their fight was interrupted) and lion-o stated he wasn't sure who would win but it seemed he think panthro would own him. Each cat had their brought something to the table and lion-o always needed them. Lion-o was the star hands down in the OS but to say he was better at everything than the other cats is stretching it
That is why the show was a hit.

I don't see lion-o as the star in the NS.

I started watching the TCats because of lion-o and the SoO.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #64
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
I was exaggerating, of course, but still- Lion-O saved the day 99% of the time. And he still managed to beat all the cats during the trails despite or because of the circumstances.
It was more like 99% of the time we saw lion-o do the whole thundercats ho thing and the others came and helped to save the day.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #65
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
That is why the show was a hit.

I don't see lion-o as the star in the NS.

I started watching the TCats because of lion-o and the SoO.
I wonder if that is why the show was taken off. Too much tygra and the show goes bye bye
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #66
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 91
Anyway, I didn't mean to turn this into a OS vs. NS thread. It just sucks that the new show was canned so early into its run.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #67
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Honestly if you know anything about business then you knew this show and toy line were cancelled a long time ago. The writing had been on the wall. Still, I am glad we got some official word in order to hopefully stop all the "speculation" that we have had on all the Thundercats boards for far too long.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #68
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
Honestly if you know anything about business then you knew this show and toy line were cancelled a long time ago. The writing had been on the wall. Still, I am glad we got some official word in order to hopefully stop all the "speculation" that we have had on all the Thundercats boards for far too long.
I wonder if the writing was on the wall after the 2011 Comic Con.

You could see the Oh Sh*t we are in trouble look from MJ and ES after all the questions about a certain thing.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #69
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I wonder if that is why the show was taken off. Too much tygra and the show goes bye bye
Agree. For me it was after the ace part and the ending of 26 (I'm not talking about the pumyra part), it was to much for me.

Last edited by L08e16o; 09-03-2012 at 12:05 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #70
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 42
i'll start taking donations and i'll finish the cartoon myself!
TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #71
rodster6
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust lol.
Oh well, I hope it means I can get a cheap Sword of Omens now.
rodster6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:13 AM   #72
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Dan Norton posted on the group again about four hours ago, stating that he never meant for his words to be twisted in the above manner. And that the show IS MERELY STILL ON HIATUS AND IS NOT CANCELLED. I don't have a screep cap of it, but it's there and you all have eyes and web browsers.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #73
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
So how long will this site stay up now?
Hopefully as long as possible. The new show is dead, but there's no reason we fans shouldn't be able to continue with this forum...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Dan Norton posted on the group again about four hours ago, stating that he never meant for his words to be twisted in the above manner. And that the show IS MERELY STILL ON HIATUS AND IS NOT CANCELLED. I don't have a screep cap of it, but it's there and you all have eyes and web browsers.
It's safe to assume that he's saying this because the higher ups bitched to him. The closest thing to an official statement we'll ever get is that it's "on hiatus", which if you now anything about how these companies work these days, is code for it's over. Nobody here is twisting his words in any manner. He didn't outright say it's been canned, but there's no other interpretation to his earlier statement.

Stop clinging to false hope and move on..... it's dead Jim.........

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 09-04-2012 at 04:43 AM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #74
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Alright, let me get this straight: the general consensus of this thread is that if Dan Norton IMPLIED something, then it's true. But if he outright states that's not the case, then it's "safe to say he's been fussed at and his covering his tracks"?

I sure hope you people are on stationary bikes. That way, you can still burn calories with the amount of back-pedaling you're doing.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #75
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In a state of Denial
Posts: 40
Awwww isn't that cute somebody got an email from legal reminding them of their contractual obligations.

But seriously anytime someone from the crew says anything it is treated as word from above, yet that's far from the truth.

I believe nothing. It's not continuing, but it's not dead, it's just nothing.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #76
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Alright, let me get this straight: the general consensus of this thread is that if Dan Norton IMPLIED something, then it's true. But if he outright states that's not the case, then it's "safe to say he's been fussed at and his covering his tracks"?

I sure hope you people are on stationary bikes. That way, you can still burn calories with the amount of back-pedaling you're doing.
The general consensus, according to facts, is that the new series and toy line are over. It has been over for quite some time. We don't need Dan Norton or anyone stating anything "official" at this stage of the game to know this is fact.

If you wish to cling to straws you are certainly entitled to do so. In fact WB / CN love people who accept what they are told as truth, as opposed to people who seek out the truth for themselves.

I love Thundercats (granted 98% OS, 2% NS) just as much as anybody else, but at some point you have to accept the reality of things. Dan Norton back pedaling is a sign WB reminded him to not over step is authority to talk about Thundercats beyond it being "in hiatus."
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #77
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
It's dead. CN never officially stated He-Man, Samurai Jack, and Megas XLR were canceled, so why should they say such for Thundercats? The show will just disappear from the airwaves as every other show they canceled.




Last edited by Dr Kain; 09-04-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #78
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manorville NY
Posts: 57
and another quality show bites the dust, now cartoon network is back to mindless stupidity. Least they can do is give us an ending.
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #79
midnight
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
As a thundercats fan I liked the series. The only problem I had was the tygraxcheetara relationship after season 1. I think that was a huge disappointed and annoying in the season 2 series. The pumyraxliono was not too bad cause it was not as mushy. I was hoping for a 6 inch slythe, pumyra wilykit and wilykat figure but I doubt bandai will ever make them. -.- So not only did I waste my time to buy these figures but they could not even finish the series. I feel screwed over and upset with cartoon network for changing the time and bandai for making a ton of liono and tygra figures. They both know how ruin a show that could of been better then what they gave credit too.
midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #80
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Alright, let me get this straight: the general consensus of this thread is that if Dan Norton IMPLIED something, then it's true. But if he outright states that's not the case, then it's "safe to say he's been fussed at and his covering his tracks"?

I sure hope you people are on stationary bikes. That way, you can still burn calories with the amount of back-pedaling you're doing.
Wow, you are REALLY gullible... Norton came out and was honest with us, something nobody else was, or ever is, going to do. He was obviously bitched at by someone higher up than him (either on the CN or WB side of things, it's impossible to tell which). To keep his job he then sent out the second statement, which is an obvious attempt at pulling the wool over our eyes, and to try to get us to buy into the lie that there is ANY hope for this show having any kind of a future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight View Post
As a thundercats fan I liked the series. The only problem I had was the tygraxcheetara relationship after season 1. I think that was a huge disappointed and annoying in the season 2 series.
There was no "season 2" beyond the planning stages. All we got was the first season they had planned out, which CN decided to split up into two blocks. Which wouldn't have been a bad idea if they didn't put so much time between the two...

Considering this is something they're also doing with the Green Lantern toon, I have no confidence in it lasting beyond it's first season either. Though in the case of GL, I like it, but I wouldn't miss it if it went away after just on season. Especially since Mattel seems to have no plans to support it toy-wise...

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 09-05-2012 at 01:16 AM..
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:19 AM   #81
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
Well, there's only one solution. Fanfiction ;p
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #82
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Wow, you are REALLY gullible... Norton came out and was honest with us, something nobody else was, or ever is, going to do. He was obviously bitched at by someone higher up than him (either on the CN or WB side of things, it's impossible to tell which). To keep his job he then sent out the second statement, which is an obvious attempt at pulling the wool over our eyes, and to try to get us to buy into the lie that there is ANY hope for this show having any kind of a future.
You're right. I'm sooooo gullible. To take a man at his word. To believe him even when he stated the fact yesterday that's he's not just covering his tracks.

You think you're right? Want to prove it? Then get on that Facebook page and call him a liar. If not, then be quiet.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #83
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
You're right. I'm sooooo gullible.
Yes, yes you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
To take a man at his word.
Not to purposefully quote House here, but everybody lies. You just gotta learn to figure out how to filter out the crap from the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
To believe him even when he stated the fact yesterday that's he's not just covering his tracks.
Nobody in their right mind would come out and say that they are just "covering their tracks", so I don't see your point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
You think you're right?
If I didn't think I was right, why would I be posting at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Want to prove it?
I don't see the need to do so. I've presented my argument as thoroughly as need be, yet you continue to ignore logic. Would you like to prove why you think you're right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Then get on that Facebook page and call him a liar.
How would that prove anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
If not, then be quiet.
Last I checked you weren't in any position to be telling anybody to be quiet, so please, don't.

Listen, I would absolutely love to see this show continue. If for no reason other than to give it a proper ending. However, there is no hope for that to ever happen. The official statement as far as Cartoon Network and Warner Brothers are concerned might be that it is "on hiatus", but my experience with these, and similar, companies in the past shows that, in this situation, it is really code for "it's over".

Really, our best hope for any future use of the Thundercats brand (beyond convention exclusives), is for someone to get the ball rolling again, and either get another new show in the works, or a movie. All things considered, I think a movie would be the best way to try and revive things. Tcats 2.0 was nice, and certainly got me back into Thundercats, but it didn't have the.... oomph to get Thundercats back into the eye of the general public.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #84
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
If you're not willing to tell a man that he's lying to his fans, which you're convinced he is, then I don't want to hear you calling him one. Either you lack the courage to call someone on something in public, or you're not as sure of your claim as you're trying to pass yourself to be. Either way, unless you're willing to take that step, you can keep your accusations to yourself.

If this was just some faceless spokesperson or a news article, then post as you will. But this man has answered as many questions as he an, regulary talks tothe fans, accepts all sorts of friend invites, and isn't afraid to publicly speak on matters concerning the show. So, here's your chance. Show us all how unafraid you are, go to that page, and tell him he's a liar. I'll be waiting.

And feel free to sentence by sentence deconstruct this post too if it makes you feel better. Won't make you any less spineless though, I'm afraid.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #85
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
And you know what the worst part of all this is? The severe lack of integrity.

A news article is posted, and Dan responds. His words are interpreted to mean that the series is cancelled (though he NEVER said that) and a news article is quickly thrown up without verification. Nowhere has ANY official of the company stated that the series is canceled. You guys tore into me in the previous page because Toy News is "unfounded", when at the same time, SO IS WHAT YOU'RE CLAIMING.

So, Dan sees all this nonsense being posted and spread, and releases a statement noting that NOTHING has changed, that he has gotten NO WORD that the series is cancelled, and that it's STILL on hiatus......and does this forum remove the news article? No. Does it admit it interpreted something wrong? No. Does it even admit that their post may have been hasty? Not at all. Instead, they go straight into saying that Dan's lying. That's he's covering himself. You're more than willing to smear and accuse a man who's been nothing but open and honest with the fans for.......the sake of a faulty news article.

While none of you have the stones to go tell the man this yourselves.

I hope you're proud of yourselves. If this is how "ThunderCats Fan-sites" react when their info is challenged, then we don't DESERVE to let this property continue in ANY manner or format.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #86
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
...then I don't want to hear you calling him one.
You could, you know, put me on your ignore list (you're on mine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
So, here's your chance. Show us all how unafraid you are, go to that page, and tell him he's a liar. I'll be waiting.
Again, what does calling him out on Facebook have to do with the validity of what I've been saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
And feel free to sentence by sentence deconstruct this post too if it makes you feel better.
I "deconstruct" posts like this so my replies are clear, understandable, and so people know what I'm replying to when I say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Won't make you any less spineless though, I'm afraid.
Is there really any reason to be throwing out insults? If I insulted you, I apologize, that was not my intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
And you know what the worst part of all this is? The severe lack of integrity.
I was going to reply to this saying that I agree, and that Dan is the one lacking integrity, but honestly, I can understand him wanting to keep his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
While none of you have the stones to go tell the man this yourselves.
Again, how would this at all be constructive or useful? I don't see how "proving my manhood" by going out of my way to tell the guy he's a liar for wanting to keep his job, in any way, shape, or form makes my argument any more valid than it already is.

If I was going to go yell at anybody, it would be Cartoon Network and/or Warner Brothers for continually not being honest with the fans of the properties they handle (it's a waste of time, so I'm not going to do that). They've put show's like this "on hiatus" before to never return to them, and they'll inevitably continue to do so.

Anyways, this is sad, but oh well. It was good while it lasted. Hopefully the last DVD is readily available. I can't imagine they'll put the entire series in one set...not anymore anyways.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #87
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Isn't the series ready up for preorder on the WB site? Could've sworn I've seen someone post about it before....
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #88
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
Awwww isn't that cute somebody got an email from legal reminding them of their contractual obligations.
cut through the BS....imo, This is the best representation of what happened. As much as I hate to say it....I'm going with Dans first words. "No one has been workng on Thundercats.."

its a sad sad shame. 'nuff said.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #89
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Third Earth
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Isn't the series ready up for preorder on the WB site? Could've sworn I've seen someone post about it before....
They've got books 1 and 2 up for sale, but no sign of book 3 yet. Also, if there was any sign of a complete/all-in-one set, it'd be news to me. Would certainly be nice, but I don't think it'll happen.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #90
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
No, I DO recall there being a preorder somewhere for a boxset from an official site. Heck, I almost preordered it myself. I'll try to find it and link you.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #91
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Dude, the show is DEAD!!!

There is nothing to remove. The show is gone move on.

And why would you want to buy a DVD to an unfinished show? There is no point in owning a show that just leaves us these days when they are better shows that do have endings.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #92
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Let me know when you have solid proof that it's dead instead of speculation.

Why would I want a DVD of an unfinished show? What kind of a question is that? I enjoyed the show, therefore I purchase the merchandise. I own all of the original ThunderCats, 2002 MOTU, Silverhawks, and a few others that had no official ending. What's it matter to you if I buy it or not? You've made it clear you don't want merchandise from a show that isn't completed. That's fine. That's you. I am not you, and I buy what I want.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #93
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Pravus Prime's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Let me know when you have solid proof that it's dead instead of speculation.
Not that you'll accept this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
I even have a friend from college who was in town and we had lunch together. I won't say where he works, but let's just say he sees the budgets for Cartoon Networks shows. I briefly brought the topic up, and there's no budget and the offices were going to be re-assigned (if they hadn't already at that point) and that there was no ThunderCats anymore. That was well over a month ago.
That was late June that we had lunch.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #94
Joe Moore
Administrator
Joe Moore's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,655
While Dan may be attempting to backtrack, there's was no interpretation needed. His quotes were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Norton
Let me just, nobody is working on T(hunder)Cats.
Show's been off the air for awhile, and the first season completed production well before that. If anything was even remotely still planned, people would be and would have been working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Norton
It would take years to get it back on tv if we started today.
Since no one is working on it, then any Thundercats continuation would be starting from scratch, and not airing for years after your target audience had stopped caring. You don't let a failing show lapse for years and expect your dwindling audience to return. If and when Thundercats makes a return, it won't be this Thundercats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Norton
Draw your own conclusion.
A fairly easy conclusion to draw. Maybe "canceled" isn't the right word. I think "abandoned" is a bit more appropriate.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #95
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 132
How dare you draw that conclusion!! You have now earned Lioconvoy's wrath! Beware!!!!
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #96
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Balgus post was telling too.

DN was seeing if he could release what they were planning for the second season. Why would he ask for that if the show is not over.

I am telling you, the end started at comic con 2011.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #97
retrotoyman
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
the new series sucked anyway...you cant rehash something that classic and expect it to work....bandai never had a clue about toys...i mean GO-BOTS in the height of transformers.... they SHOULD have ran the old series from the beginning.....then expanded on it...NOT change everything the old school loved about it.
its the same with all this stuff.....at least MARVEL have finally heard the fans now
retrotoyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #98
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
I remember well before this new 2011 series started they were talking about a CG flick in 2007...that got scrapped. Now that the animated series is on hold, It would be the Purrfect time (get it lol) to start a live action film based on the 80's series...It's so obvious that either CN/WB were not happy with the recent series (that's why we haven't heard official cancellation yet, but maybe different plans for this franchise is in the works).

I see this franchise starting off like the 2007 Transformers movie to get brand out there to a new generation, then if successful a new series based on the movie will get made. Followed by new toys by Bandai (jkjk).
Huxtable85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #99
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 333
If they go the movie route, I really hope they do the franchise justice.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #100
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 145
YEARS is a very big exageration to get an animated series back on the after a revival. the last episode of Kim Possible season 3 aired on June 10, 2006. fan responce for a revival did not start till around that time, maybe a month or so before that. the full final season, which was TWENTY THREE episodes, which they saved time and money on production by having less cast appear in each episode granted, but they had it up and ready by February of the very next year.

It is not impossible to get a second season up within a year, it'd just take a bit of determination and work, and MJ kicked the heck out of the deal.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Line is officially dead! nomad16 Thundercats Toys and Merchandise 6 08-10-2012 01:19 PM
Are The Bandai Thundercats Dead? Fist Pounder Thundercats Toys and Merchandise 8 06-24-2012 06:26 AM
"I'm not dead yet!" englishw Thundercats Toys and Merchandise 3 06-06-2012 09:50 AM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS