TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #4901
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Yep, if Cheetara has 0 interest in Lion-o then she's a tease.
Agree and that is not who she is. She really likes lion-o.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #4902
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
And Cheetara is not a seductress, that flirting with Lion-O was real as it can be
Heck even Tygra thought something was going on with L/C.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #4903
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
What is worse, a thank you kiss (she said I owe you a thank, they put that there for a reason) or being dishonset? The writers could have had her kiss him at any time, but they waited until the end and had her say I owe you a thank you. They did this in the JL.

My 12 year old niece is not into boys and she probably won't date until a lot later. Her parent are strict. They teach her morals. None of the kids are into that. They play a lot of sports and are really into school.

The whole scene was ambiguous. DN said she chose tygra..........not mummra. You don't find that odd? He did even touch any more on the subject, but maid sure he put in ............
You don't expect me to answer nor make excuses for what the writers and producers of the show do, right? I merely let you know why a certain message is potentially dangerous to children the ages the show is aimed at. Let's hope they know what they are doing.

Also, after Avatar TLA this is the first non-Disney cartoon we are watching. I have no idea what "they" have done with JL but is these the same creative team behind both shows?
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #4904
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Heck even Tygra thought something was going on with L/C.
And the kittens.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #4905
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Yep, if Cheetara has 0 interest in Lion-o then she's a tease.
And if she were fully invested in Lion-O, she's not? After all she went and kissed his brother.

They've done her no favors.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #4906
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
You don't expect me to answer nor make excuses for what the writers and producers of the show do, right? I merely let you know why a certain message is potentially dangerous to children the ages the show is aimed at. Let's hope they know what they are doing.

Also, after Avatar TLA this is the first non-Disney cartoon we are watching. I have no idea what "they" have done with JL but is these the same creative team behind both shows?
I know what you are saying, I agree. That is why I believe in E14 we will get more of a explanation.

They did the samething in E13, but it went back to the main ships after that. The kiss was not a thank you too.

Yeah, you don't want your kids going around kissing people or you don't want them to get that message.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-16-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #4907
L08e16o
On a postive note, I am done moving.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #4908
Balgus82
Quote:
She was dishonest. You go to lion-o first and tell him you chose tygra. If she doesn't like him then what do you call all the flirting, holding hand, smiles, the looks she gives him, and the kiss? She knows he likes her. So if she is flirting with lion-o and she doesn't like him, what do you call it?

It is called ellipses. There was more to his answer the ellipses is there, becuase he can't explain it. Like spoiler. So it was like this, she chose tygra Spoiler not mummra.

No you put a ; to answer the other part. Cheetara chose tygra; not mummra.

She knew he had feelings for her and even when kit was teasing them about kissing, she had no problem with it.

By the way, they are going to explain why cheetara follows him around.

You're really going to talk correct grammar on personal PMs? He's writing a reply to a fan not writing an essay.

And the one thing I really don't understand about your arguments is that you say a kiss on the lips is a thank you, but holding hands and a kiss on the cheek is flirting.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #4909
Balgus82
Quote:
I have no idea what "they" have done with JL but is these the same creative team behind both shows?
nope. the only thing the same is the WB company. I don't know why they keep bringing it up. They have completely different creative teams.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #4910
cmangund
Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #4911
stormbringer
Quote:
And if she were fully invested in Lion-O, she's not? After all she went and kissed his brother.

Can't disagree with that.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #4912
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
You're really going to talk correct grammar on personal PMs? He's writing a reply to a fan not writing an essay.

And the one thing I really don't understand about your arguments is that you say a kiss on the lips is a thank you, but holding hands and a kiss on the cheek is flirting.
She said it was a thank.

I ask the person I am with and she has a degree in english and said that was what it was.

Don't forget her leaning on him too. Kit thought the same thing.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #4913
cmangund
Quote:
Can't disagree with that.
Because she's conflicted, the highest good of all those involved per her actress said. She went to Tygra was the right thing to do at that time. as with the analysis based on facts and data and interviews.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #4914
stormbringer
Quote:

Quote:
Glad to hear it. It sounded miserable.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #4915
stormbringer
Quote:
Because she's conflicted, the highest good of all those involved per her actress said. She went to Tygra was the right thing to do at that time. as with the analysis based on facts and data and interviews.
I hope the writers have come up with as good a fix as you have.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #4916
cmangund
JL and Tcats have the same Exec Producer: Sam Register and Jelenic said he's been taking notes from Sam. Sam has to approve everything before all go with the script. Andrea Romano and J. M. DeMatteis also in both Jl and Tcats.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-16-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #4917
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I know what you are saying, I agree. That is why I believe in E14 we will get more of a explanation.

They did the samething in E13, but it went back to the main ships after that. The kiss was not a thank you too.

Yeah, you don't want your kids going around kissing people or you don't want them to get that message.
I don't understand. Is there a question there? If it is, what would be your answer?

My position was stated pretty clearly in the post previous to the one you answered.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #4918
L08e16o
Quote:
Glad to hear it. It sounded miserable.
She didn't pack her stuff until today.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #4919
L08e16o
Quote:

I said I agree.

WB made both.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #4920
cmangund
Quote:
I hope the writers have come up with as good a fix as you have.
They have planed this from the begining to suprise us. So they already have the fix.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #4921
L08e16o
Quote:
They have planed this from the begining to suprise us. So they already have the fix.
Agreed. They just have to do it where no one looks bad and easy to understand.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #4922
Balgus82
Quote:
JL and Tcats have the same Exec Producer: Sam Register and Jelenic said he's been taking notes from Sam. Sam has to approve everything before all go with the script. Andrea Romano and J. M. DeMatteis also in both Jl and Tcats.
approving the ideas and coming up with them yourself is not the same thing. He's the Executive Vice President ofCreative Affairs of WB animation. He's in control of almost everything there. That doesn't, by any means, imply that he comes up with everything on every show. Or that he's going to make every show do exactly the same thing.

Andrea Ramano is the Voice Director. She controls none of the story line. She works with the voice actors.

J.M DeMatteis, as far as I am aware, was only the script writer for Song of the Petelars. Is he involved elsewhere in the show?

"The stories are mainly developed by the crew which map out the shows overall series progression. We then freelance out to the writers episodes who Michael works with. "

Thundercats Crew Blog, This is mainly for curiosity

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-16-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #4923
Balgus82
Quote:
I said I agree.

WB made both.
WB also made Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Loony Toons show, MAD, Johny Test, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, Teen Titans, Xiolin Showdown, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Having the same company make the shows means absolutely nothing without the same creative team being involved.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #4924
L08e16o
Quote:
WB also made Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Loony Toons show, MAD, Johny Test, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, Teen Titans, Xiolin Showdown, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Having the same company make the shows means absolutely nothing without the same creative team being involved.
Exec Producer: Sam Register does mean a lot in JL and TCast.

He still has to give the ok. I would not be suprised if he does have his hands on somethings too. If they fail with their project, who is going to be blamed for the lost of money.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #4925
Balgus82
Quote:
Exec Producer: Sam Register does mean a lot in JL and TCast.

He still has to give the ok. I would not be suprised if he does have his hands on somethings too. If they fail with their project, who is going to be blamed for the lost of money.
yes he approves things. He's not, however, the writer.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #4926
L08e16o
I wonder when we are going to find out more on kit and kat?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #4927
Balgus82
Quote:
I wonder when we are going to find out more on kit and kat?
idk. I really would like to get more on them. They're the only thundercats we haven't seen any flashbacks on.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #4928
L08e16o
Quote:
idk. I really would like to get more on them. They're the only thundercats we haven't seen any flashbacks on.
Agree, that city has to be apart of the main plot.

I wonder if they were born outside of thunderia.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-16-2012 at 08:57 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #4929
L08e16o
Quote:
Sam had to approve it.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #4930
cmangund
And what about the Cheetara/Lion-O/Tygra love triangle?

"This show is breaking a lot of conventional rules of Western animation," Jelenic continued. "Back when I started people said 'don't do stories that are serialized' and 'don't do love stories.' When we were very early in development, we pitched the show to Peter Roth, the President of Television for Warner Brothers, and the love triangle was the one thing he cued in on immediately. He said, 'Let's get a triangle going between these three characters' and he's obviously a guy who knows what he's doing. So that became a very important part of the story."

So it's clear the Triangle is not over all ships are go the worst case. 13 will not fihish it but making it more complicated as it is indeed a very important part of the story.

Not Jelenic and the crew's idea at all, the triangle idea came from WB top dogs. Thus they are the ones controlling the Triangle and of course everything else related of the show, the TV president of WB,as mentioned above and Sam Register (The exec. Producer of JL too).

Last edited by cmangund; 01-17-2012 at 06:18 AM..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #4931
Balgus82
Quote:
Agree, that city has to be apart of the main plot.

I wonder if they were born outside of thunderia.
I think it's either where one of the stones is or it's a the city Tygus started (if the theories of the cats splitting into two groups after the crash is true).
Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #4932
L08e16o
Quote:
I think it's either where one of the stones is or it's a the city Tygus started (if the theories of the cats splitting into two groups after the crash is true).
I like the last part. We would get more on what happen after the crash.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #4933
L08e16o
Quote:
And what about the Cheetara/Lion-O/Tygra love triangle?

"This show is breaking a lot of conventional rules of Western animation," Jelenic continued. "Back when I started people said 'don't do stories that are serialized' and 'don't do love stories.' When we were very early in development, we pitched the show to Peter Roth, the President of Television for Warner Brothers, and the love triangle was the one thing he cued in on immediately. He said, 'Let's get a triangle going between these three characters' and he's obviously a guy who knows what he's doing. So that became a very important part of the story."

So it's clear the Triangle is not over all ships are go the worst case.

Not Jelenic's idea the triangle idea came from WB top dogs.
That is breaking in term of W Anime. Japanese has love triangles all the time.

Usually it is a M/F/F.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #4934
cmangund
Quote:
That is breaking in term of W Anime. Japanese has love triangles all the time.

Usually it is a M/F/F.
Right. But here I think they meant the love stories or ships will be something like JL as Jl also breaking the conventional rules in US cartoons for ships, because there are so many entanglements in JL. and The A-Male/A-Female (bats/wondy) ships wins or the ones with developing ships always the priority.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-16-2012 at 09:58 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #4935
L08e16o
Quote:
Right. But here I think they meant the love stories or ships will be something like JL as Jl also breaking the conventional rules in cartoons for ships, because there are so many entaglements in JL.
You're right, because you really never had a romance for batman (main male) and wonder woman (main female).

They just love drama.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-16-2012 at 10:02 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #4936
cmangund
Quote:
You're right, because you really never had a romance for batman (main male) and wonder woman (main female).

They just love drama.
Exactly and The A-Male/A-Female (bats/wondy) ships wins (Steve Trevor got kicked out) for bats/wondy or the ones with developing ships always the priority (talak got"kicked out" Shaera loves Gl more).

Last edited by cmangund; 01-16-2012 at 10:08 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #4937
L08e16o
Quote:
Exactly and and The A-Male/A-Female (bats/wondy) ships wins (Steve Trevor got kicked out) for bats/wondy or the ones with developing ships always the priority (talak got kicked out).
I bet you they will go JL, but try to make it a lot better for kids. Even though the have a triangle, they need to make sure it is not something so complex that only adults might understand.

Plus you got parents that have to help their kids understand.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #4938
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
What's going on?

Are you still mad?
no
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #4939
cmangund
Quote:
I bet you they will go JL, but try to make it a lot better for kids. Even though the have a triangle, they need to make sure it is not something so complex that only adults might understand.

Plus you got parents that have to help their kids understand.
Yeah that will also be the important factor for them to do the Love stories.
Exactly which is why they will not do the heavy triangle of Cheetara still with Tygra but having feelings for Lion-O like the triangle scenario I did, the worst one.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #4940
cmangund
"Were there any stories from the original series that fans will be able to see on the new show? "The Trials of Lion-O was a big one. We took some of that. We're doing our version of that. There was a lot of great material there and we pick and chose the best parts and what fits our arc."

On the Lion-O trials.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-16-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #4941
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah that will also be the important factor for them to do the Love stories.
Exactly which is why they will not do the heavy triangle of Cheetara still with Tygra but having feelings for Lion-O like the triangle scenario I did, the worst one.
Agree.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #4942
cmangund
On the Lion-O trials.

I think in this NS will be about the SoO/Lion-O/Cheetara connections or something similar since they have been building this bit by bit tieing it with the romantic moments and the core plot. since the romance is indeed one of the important part of the story.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #4943
L08e16o
Quote:
On the Lion-O trials.

I think in this NS will be about the SoO/Lion-O/Cheetara connections or something similar since they have been building this bit by bit tieing it with the romantic moments and the core plot. since the romance is indeed one of the important part of the story.
I like that, because they can write so many stories with it. The wielder and bearer.

I agree, they have been building it and they said you invest you get more.

She said she knew why the SoO chose him.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #4944
cmangund
Quote:
I like that, because they can write so many stories with it. The wielder and bearer.

I agree, they have been building it and they said you invest you get more.

She said she knew why the SoO chose him.
Right. And since we have yet to see the very important romance/triangle part connected with the story as mentioned, That or something similar will be one of it, as we have seen the clues laid down to us slowly building with each episode. That interview also strengthen the fact that they can use something like the Cheeatara/SoO/Lion-O connection like the flower thing and develop more the Lion-O/Cheetara in the process, regardless the triangle type/s they will be using.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #4945
cmangund
So combining that interview with Dan’s comments “She chose Tygra …”
The … meant there’s a pause or spoiler or fill in the blanks, otherwise he will just type She chose Tygra; not Mumm-Ra. could be:

1. She chose Tygra but loves Lion-O
2. She chose Tygra but likes Lion-O more
3. She chose Tygra and she loves Lion-O too
4. She chose Tygra and she likes Lion-O too
5. She chose Tygra and Lion-O (she chose twice with/without SoO connections)

So looks like conflicted feelings theory all over again, will lead to her cannot really chosing either brothers again only this time with evolved triangle or she has chosen twice or similar to that.

Seeing the Top Dogs of WB are the ones doing this Love Triangle and Peter Roth he’s also involved with Friends show and Two and a Half Man show, Sam Register also known for ships these will strengthen the possibility of another entanglements with Pumyra/Bengali/Tygra. Or Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra/Pumyra. Things can get really messy… Of course I hope not hope it will be just Lion-O/Cheetara and Tygra/Pumyra.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-17-2012 at 03:23 AM..
Old 01-17-2012, 03:42 AM   #4946
stormbringer
Quote:
So combining that interview with Dan’s comments “She chose Tygra …”
The … meant there’s a pause or spoiler or fill in the blanks, otherwise he will just type She chose Tygra; not Mumm-Ra. could be:

1. She chose Tygra but loves Lion-O
2. She chose Tygra but likes Lion-O more
3. She chose Tygra and she loves Lion-O too
4. She chose Tygra and she likes Lion-O too
5. She chose Tygra and Lion-O (she chose twice with/without SoO connections)

So looks like conflicted feelings theory all over again, will lead to her cannot really chosing either brothers again only this time with evolved triangle or she has chosen twice or similar to that.

Seeing the Top Dogs of WB are the ones doing this Love Triangle and Peter Roth he’s also involved with Friends show and Two and a Half Man show, Sam Register also known for ships these will strengthen the possibility of another entanglements with Pumyra/Bengali/Tygra. Or Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra/Pumyra. Things can get really messy… Of course I hope not hope it will be just Lion-O/Cheetara and Tygra/Pumyra.
Two and a Half Men?!? Uh oh, does this mean that Lion-o and Tygra will move into a beach house together, and then hilarity will ensue?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #4947
cmangund
Quote:
Two and a Half Men?!? Uh oh, does this mean that Lion-o and Tygra will move into a beach house together, and then hilarity will ensue?
Something like that Of course with Cheetara and Pumyra moving in too, to add some spices
Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #4948
stormbringer
Quote:
Something like that Of course with Cheetara and Pumyra moving in too, to add some spices
So I wonder who will use Ross' classic line from friends, "we were on a break"?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #4949
cmangund
Quote:
So I wonder who will use Ross' classic line from friends, "we were on a break"?
Tygra, since he will be in on/off dating mode with Pumyra.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-17-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #4950
cmangund
Quote:
Agree.
I think they will make it light thus either the evolved triangle scenario or the SoO connections scenario, easier for kids to understand.