TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
How many of you have swords of omens with no ends? Well I nailed a perfect working repro! Pictures below, so if anyone need's one, just contact me. To answer some questions...

- They are each made by hand (no I dont have a factory lol) so there are some tiny tiny imperfections from the original master, but I try and fix them before they leave to the best I can! Remember I collect too!
- They are all tested before they leave
- If your sword aged weird, the metal caps can be adjusted to hit your connectors with a screw driver.
- They are all painted the correct gray if your sword has no aging to it!

Yes im selling em at 30.00 each on ebay (Ive seen them go for 75-100 alone in the past), but for my good buddies here at the WS, Im charging 22 plus shipping! *Trust me these are not cheap to make!*

Now the cooler news ----

Im looking into replicating (but changing a few things) a few hard of find parts! So give me some suggestions of what you guys are looking for.

Now the coolest news ---

Life sized 1:1 Panthro nunchucks........... metal chains, everything...... stay tuned.

FEEDBACK!!

Last edited by Kregermeister; 05-29-2012 at 09:14 PM..
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Very cool but I think the light cap is the least of that swords problems in the photo

So how are your doing all of this replica stuff?
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Very cool but I think the light cap is the least of that swords problems in the photo

So how are your doing all of this replica stuff?
LOL!!! That sword is a piece of shit that im gunna gut and turn into a crazy custom! Wait till you see it bro!

Ive been doing alot of work on people's vintage stuff, even Larry Kenney liked my work, so that was really the tip of the hat that made me grin like the joker!!! LOL!

Im in the process of opening a small side buisness with the goal of helping my fellow fans out at completing their figures at a fraction of the costs. I just need to know what people need. The problem really is the cost of materials went up insanely!!! Id need to sell at least 4 caps just to make up for what I paid for the small materials it cost to make em :/

The nunchucks are a different story, they are something I always wanted too, and there is alot of demand for Panthro stuff. I wont be copying the rubies ones, they are tiny as hell and look stupid. Mine will hurt someone if you hit them with em
Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Mine will hurt someone if you hit them with em
This I like.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Where were you 6 months ago!? cool.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
First off I think this is fantastic work and great news for those whom have the SoO without the end cap.

My only suggestion would be to add something to the mold that indicates it is a repro. In the wrong hands someone could put it together with the rest of an authentic SoO and sell it on eBay as completely original.

I know its a sad thought, but there are some sellers out there who only see the LJN Thundercats line as a cash cow and would gladly pass off a repro as original.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
@Mongor - LOL! I knew you would!

@Indy - Sorry dude!! Did you need one!? I shoulda hurried my ass up, I was planning this for 2 years but didnt have enough money to get started with my bizz. Hopefully it takes off and I will repro everything and help all fans out.

@Alex - Thank you very much!!! The color is the original gray and most swords aged a bit so that would be like obvious, also the middle part (the larger ring) is a bit flatter than the real one. I chose that as the molding line so that when I clean them up they will look different! Hard to tell from far away but if someone took a close up, you can tell for sure.

Alot of sellers are jerks who just want the money. I even HATE selling these at 30 on ebay, but yeah sadly the costs of the materials went up recentally, so I need to sell a bunch of these caps to even fund the panthro chucks. And if the panthro chucks sell.... 1:1 sword of omens would be next.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Excellent work, sir! You have mad skillz! That's amazing. Well done!
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
@Indy - Sorry dude!! Did you need one!? I shoulda hurried my ass up, I was planning this for 2 years but didnt have enough money to get started with my bizz. Hopefully it takes off and I will repro everything and help all fans out.
Yeah I could have used one a while ago....its all good though because I ended up selling it and bought one in better condition with original endcap. but if I need another I know where to go!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
English - Thanks bro!! I apperciate it!!

Indy - Nice!! Hopefully whoever you ever sold it to will buy one from me! No sword will ever be complete now!! And if be happy to hook you up in the future!!

I'll be opening a FB page soon as a one stop shop for lots of 80's repro parts and props. Hope it takes off.I will keep you guys posted! Also, any idea's for parts that are in demand? I know bengali's hammer has always been something people need..... maybe one in silver would be cool..?

I hope whenever I end up getting more stuff done I can make it news worthy on the front page of .WS!!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Also, any idea's for parts that are in demand?
  1. Bengali's Hammer
  2. Lynx-O's Shield
  3. Pumyra's Slingshot
  4. Cheetara's Bo
  5. Astral Moat Monster's Wings (I need like 5!!)
  6. Figure Stands

thats a short list of what I can quickly think of.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
  1. Bengali's Hammer
  2. Lynx-O's Shield
  3. Pumyra's Slingshot
  4. Cheetara's Bo
  6. Figure Stands

Maybe slightly less in demand, but Mongor's Scythe.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #13
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
Maybe slightly less in demand, but Mongor's Scythe.
This

....I waited like 6 months to find a complete Mongor on ebay for what I wanted to pay.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #14
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
  1. Bengali's Hammer
  2. Lynx-O's Shield
  3. Pumyra's Slingshot
  4. Cheetara's Bo
  6. Figure Stands

Thank you sir!!

The Hammer Id like to do in silver! As a mix between the LJN and Argentina one. Never thought a "Playful" figure would be better than the original!

I would LOVE to do Lynx-o's sheild!! I need one too! If anyone wants to lend me theirs, I will send you a free weapon as a thank you.

Pumyra's slingshot - someone on ebay makes them really good already, I wouldnt step on their toes.

Cheetaras staff - another cool idea!! Probably be the last one id do though, its really simple for anyone to make.

Moat Monster Wings - Can do! They would be costly to make cause of the thickness of the mold to support them. But these would be GREAT! I could do a pre-order on them I suppose to pay for the mold materials? I will look into cost tonight for them!!

Stands!!! NICE!!! Again the problem would be cost. What i could do is plastic stands with adjustable metal waist bands. The stands would feature either a Thundercats logo, or mumm-ra's pyramid floor (Onyx covered in dust, maybe a few bugs?). I would estimate each stand would run about 10 bucks though, maybe more! I doubt anyone would wanna pay that though unless they REALLY kept their stuff on display.

The Mongor staff is a go for sure! Id like a extra one myself in prehaps.. glow in the dark?? "Fear staff"..... hmm.......
Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Just a fast update, just opened up a Facebook page for all this stuff and will run some good sales from time to time, so tell us and tell some friends if your into action figures!! Just hit like and enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/ThunderProps
Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #16
jtriplemy
Thunder Kitty
Hi,

Congratulations on the high quality work! I just received a Sword of Omens I won on eBay. It has the knob, but doesn't light up. I was hoping to get your opinion on how difficult it is to open up the handle without damaging the plastic in order to make repairs? The sword is in great shape other than the light, so I don't want to attempt the fix and just end up ruining the rest of the toy. I very much appreciate any help you can provide.

Take care,

Jeff
jtriplemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #17
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtriplemy View Post
Hi,

Congratulations on the high quality work! I just received a Sword of Omens I won on eBay. It has the knob, but doesn't light up. I was hoping to get your opinion on how difficult it is to open up the handle without damaging the plastic in order to make repairs? The sword is in great shape other than the light, so I don't want to attempt the fix and just end up ruining the rest of the toy. I very much appreciate any help you can provide.

Take care,

Jeff
Glad you asked bud, as ive now restored fully 3 LJN's recentaly and working on 2 more at the moment.

Here's a break down of advise, step by step.

-Check your connectors first for rust.
-Clean your connectors with rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.
-Check your batteries.
-Twist your original light cap as best as possible in various ways. The original silver tips on the cap were not always designed to the length of the battery pack inside right, so a 1cm twist could do the job! Its weird, but works.

If none of the above works, the ONLY other option is to open the sword up. This is NOT a easy task. The glue LJN used was insanely strong. If you use ANY "Crack" method on the sword, I promise you it will break. They are very weak inside around the molding pegs cause of the glue fusion. I had one break recent, its BAD. Sadly not something you can avoid.

Your BEST bet then would be a hair dryer method if its coming apart at the seams. If its not, you must knife it. Take a exacto knife and make multiple passes around the molding lines. Be sure to mask off any slip areas.

Inside above the eye are 2 pegs, these break quickly. Also holding the eye are 2 more pegs that were melted in place to hold the eye. Those snap too. Its really not something you can avoid with these, you can try and prevent it,but its just chance.

If your original wiring is shot as is one of the ones I am doing now, you will need a full new battery pack and wire set up. Id suggest first cutting the lightbulb (it has to be cut, not replaced) and fuse in a LED. Its WAY brighter. If you wanna stick vintage, you will have to find a dollar store toy and gut it, but go with LED it will last longer.

If all else fails, you could always send it to Thunder-Props for a evaluation, but the LJN's are a pain and it would be costly for a full restoration, even then it depends on the structure of the sword. Once you open them, very rarely are they the same due to cutting and glue lines, but Ive found ways to keep them pretty solid.

Good luck, and be sure to take pics! Oh and youll need Tylenol. Lots of it. That sword is a nightmare.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #18
jtriplemy
Thunder Kitty
I was afraid you might say that. I'm not a novice, but the added pressure of having a fair amount of money (to me at least) from the purchase price involved makes for a tough decision. That's an awesome walk through though! Thank you very much for the advice. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out, if I decide I'm ballsy enough to go for it.
jtriplemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #19
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
No problem dude. I will tell you flat out, if the swords paint is mint and the blade is straight with no gashes, leave it alone. Its not a "WOW!" feature like the new one was. Its so dim and barely noticable that I wouldnt chance ruining a mint sword.

However if the sword is pretty gashed up go for it! Just remember to use blue tape around th cut lines, I made that mistake once. Glad I can help, I'll be watching!