TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #401
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Dark Of The Moon premieres just in a matter of days, and as such, even more news has been coming in! With Bay bidding farewell, what will Hasbro focus on now for our favorite transforming robots?

For anime fans, we heard the news that a new DX VF-25 2.0 for Macross F is on the way, and saw some images of the recently released, DX YF-29 Durandal! Also another Ronin Warrior enters the Armor Plus line, albeit as an exclusive!

Miss Thundercats? Don't miss the screening at SDCC next month! Also, an unofficial guide and more are on the way!

Read on for the complete roundup of news from our sister sites:
TFW2005
Toyark
Thundercats.ws
Original Source: TFW2005 Thundercats.ws And Toyark News Roundup June 27th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #403
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Get ready for more surprise castings, in addition to roadbROCK cooking up with firepower in GI Joe II, The RZA of Wutang Clan and DJ Cotrona, both from Detroit 1-8-7, have been cast as:
  • Blind Master
  • Flint
respectively, according to TheHollywoodReporter. Flint has been on fan-made wishlists for inclusion in GI Joe II for a while now, and Blind Master comes as a surprise. With RZA's extensive knowledge of martial arts culture, perhaps he is a fitting choice to play the Blind Master. What do you think?

According to the article, in the movie, the Blind Master is a master to Jinx & Snake Eyes. Watch out Cobra, protect ya neck!
Original Source: Flint And Blindmaster In GI Joe II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-28-2011, 03:23 AM   #404
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member A.V.A.C. made this kitbashed custom Cobra Hellraiser with some playable features.

"Here's some of the things your hands can enjoy:

-Gunner cockpit pivots/opens.
-Camo stows in side racks.
-Side doors open to carry 5-6 men.
-Rear engine cover opens and is held open by pivoting stand.
-Rear rocket carriage spins 360 degrees at angled tactical nuke position and pivots side to side standing upright in ICBM launch mode.
-Carriage doors hinge up and out to clear missile for launch and snaps back when payload is released."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom Cobra Hellraiser - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-29-2011, 02:12 AM   #405
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member JWelborn made one hell of a 1st post, showing his penciled drawing of Snake Eyes VS Storm Shadow! The battle between the 2 sword brothers has been a popular theme in GI Joe lore, one retold in many incarnations of GI Joe since the 80's.

Got your creative juices flowing? Show us your creative works in our GI Joe Fan Art Forum!
Original Source: Snake Eyes VS Storm Shadow By JWelborn - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #406
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Another fan favorite and one of the original GI Joe ARAH figures not yet updated to the modern body style, Lifeline is on his way for the GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration. Due for release in the fall we have posted a few images of Lifeline to keep everybody informed on the ever growing G.I. Joe Universe.

To view the GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Lifeline images click the title bar.
Original Source: Lifeline 30th Anniversary GI Joe Celebration - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #407
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Case Assortments

Assortment 1, due August, will consist of:

Steel Brigade (refresh)
Cobra Trooper (refresh)
Iron Grenadier (refresh)
Cobra Viper (refresh)
Sgt. Stalker
Hazard Viper

Assortment 2, due September, will consist of:

Duke (Renegades)
Cobra Commander (Renegades)
Firefly (Renegades)
Snake-Eyes (Renegades)
Cobra Trooper (refresh)
Iron Grenadier (refresh)
Cobra Viper (refresh)

They are available for pre-order now at SMALLJOES.COM
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Wave 1 & 2 Assortments - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #408
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We smelled what The ROCK was cooking on Twitter recently, and it was the following:

Launching into my GI Joe training now - 2x's a day. U have my word GI Joe will be iconic and bad ass.

To reiterate:
  • The Rock says The Rock is launching into The Rock's GI Joe training right now.
  • The Rock trains 2 times a day
  • The Rock says we have The Rock's word that GI Joe II will be iconic.
  • The Rock says GI Joe II will be bad ass
With that said, perhaps GI Joe II will feature more iconic designs derived from the GI Joe A Real American Hero series, going much further in paying homage to the classics, than the Rise Of Cobra.

Do you smeelllllllll what the roadbROCK is cooking?!
Original Source: The ROCK Says GI Joe II Will Be Iconic And Bad Ass - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #409
ThundeRSS

Quote:
MTV spoke with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura recently, where Bonaventura revealed some more info on GI Joe II; more ninjas, the movie centers on Snake Eyes and the biggest character/casting so far, Roadblock:

"It's a full-on lead role," he said of Roadblock's presence in the film. "In a way, he and Snake-Eyes, their stories are really dynamic and very important."

"The ninja fans are going to love it," he said of the sequel. "There's a tremendous amount of it. What's interesting is, we both have that going on in the Snake-Eyes story, but we've found a way to bring that element into the Joes' story. I think anybody who's a fan of dark, in the middle of the night [action with] a dangerous foe arriving, this is a movie for you."

As for Roadblock, di Bonaventura added: "Rock is such a great character to have in 'G.I. Joe.' It's an amazing combination. We would not be very good if we didn't fully utilize him, so he's going to have a lot of things to do. It is an ensemble movie, so you have other characters certainly playing it out."

So, more ninjas and Roadblock, what do you think Joe fans?
Original Source: GI Joe II Centered On Snake Eyes And Roadblock - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #410
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Deadline has just posted an article revealing that Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Lady Jaye for GI Joe II:

Friday Nights Lights series star Adrianne Palicki will play the female lead in the Paramount sequel to G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. She'll play Lady Jaye and joins a cast that includes Channing Tatum, as well as Dwayne Johnson, who signed on to play the role of Roadblock in the Jon M. Chu-directed film

Interestingly enough, the article also mentioned Joe Colton:

The big question is who Paramount sets in the role of the original G.I. Joe, Joe Colton. I've heard Bruce Willis as a top choice, but last time I checked the studio was eyeing several actors, insiders said.

What do you think of the new Lady Jaye, and the news of Joe Colton in GI Joe II?
Original Source: GI Joe II Adrianne Palicki Is Lady Jaye - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #411
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to screenwriter Rhett Reese, purists will be happy with GI Joe II, and also mentioned the following:
  • Ninjas play a big part but..
  • ....there is plenty of non-ninja stuff
  • Movie title has been decided but still top secret
  • No javelins
Well, you're finally getting a sense of the cast. Still more to come, obviously, a couple biggies in particular. Lorenzo was speaking the truth, ninjas do play a big part in GI Joe 2, but don't worry, there is plenty of non-ninja stuff. There are some things about the story I can't wait to confirm, because you purists will be happy. And we have the movie's title now! Still top secret though. And I'm just going to go ahead and say it: no javelins.

So who could the new big actor/characters be? Which characters do you want to see in the movie and which actors/actresses do you think should play them? With all the recent news, GI Joe II is sounding like a substantially different movie than Rise Of Cobra.
Original Source: GI Joe II May Please Purists - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #412
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Hasbro Official G. I. Joe Website has been updated with details of 30th Anniversary 12 Inch Figures.
  • G.I. JOE Rapid Strike Commando Figure
  • G.I. JOE First Responder Firefighter
  • G.I. JOE Army Paratrooper
  • G.I. JOE Army Heavy Gunner
  • G.I. JOE Police K-9 Unit

Read more about the figures and take a look at the Official Images after the jump.
Original Source: G. I. Joe 30th Anniversary 12 Inch Figure Details At Hasbro - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #413
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Want to save some money on some stellar toys? Head on over to site sponsor BigBadToyStore for their inventory clearance sale!

GI JOE SNAKE EYES WITH TIMBER STATUE
This new 20" tall piece is sculpted in 1:5 scale and shows the ninja and
his wolf prowling rocky terrain. This piece includes switch-out heads
with the visor or goggles as well as switch-out hands with a katana or a
pistol, and we have it priced at $299.99, saving you $25 off of the MSRP.
20" Snake Eyes With Timber Statue - GI Joe Statues Other Statues

There's a lot more, check out more of the new preorders and arrivals after the jump!
Original Source: July Update - BigBadToyStore - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #414
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
The Grill is fired up, Fireworks are lighting the sky HissTank.com is ready to bring you a special holiday treat! Not one, but TWO issues of Ages 25 & Up!

First off, in issue #145 entitled Buckle Up, Beard Hard, Flash finishes up a secret weapon for Beard Force to use with their deadly new vehicle..the V.A.M.P.! Will Indiana Jones and Outback settle their differences for long enough to complete the mission?

Next up, in issue #146 named Two Holidays with One Stone, HissTank.com forum member 1337W422102 brings us a special 4th of July and Canada Day treat, with special guest appearances by Union Jack, Guardian, Cami, Guile and more! Will Cobra Commander's new pet project actually result in anything useful? Find out for yourself after the jump!

Once you've checked out the latest installments, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up 4th of July Extravangaza! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #415
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member ceraurus made this custom Pursuit Of Cobra Grunt as part of his original 13 project...

"I've decided to make POC-like versions of the original 13 joes--still my favorite characters--as a long-term project.

First up is Grunt. He's fairly straight-forward, using all the parts from POC Snake Eyes except the head and helmet (from Dusty), and the backpack (ROC Desert Duke?). I made the paint job more detailed than I usually do, so that it fits more with the POC aesthetic.

Coming up next: Rock 'n' Roll.
"

Original Source: Custom POC Grunt - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #416
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member ceraurus made this custom Pursuit Of Cobra Grunt as part of his original 13 project...

"I've decided to make POC-like versions of the original 13 joes--still my favorite characters--as a long-term project.

First up is Grunt. He's fairly straight-forward, using all the parts from POC Snake Eyes except the head and helmet (from Dusty), and the backpack (ROC Desert Duke?). I made the paint job more detailed than I usually do, so that it fits more with the POC aesthetic.

Coming up next: Rock 'n' Roll.
"

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe POC Grunt - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #417
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Iron Grenadier character has been a fan favorite since it's release back in 1988. As the elite guard of Destro, the I.G. has seen many incarnations, from Destro's Elite to Cobra Trooper, Convention Exclusive and back.

The Pursuit of Cobra line brings us the Iron Grenadier once again, this time as heavy weapons troopers that serve Cobra in the City Strike Arena. HissTank.com forum member danielgogeta has shared another of his stunning pictorial reviews with us, focusing on the IG and his heavy armor goodness.

You can check out the review in it's entirety after the jump.
Original Source: Pursuit of Cobra Iron Grenadier Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #418
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Fireworks abound here at StylinOnline.com. We're celebrating with a huge 20% off sale store wide. Just plug in coupon code 'JULY4' at check out to reap the rewards of being a loyal StylinOnline fan!

COUPON CODE: JULY4 for 20% off entire order. No minimum.

Check it out!

Superhero Shirts, TV Shirt, Movie T-Shirts StylinOnline

The Folks at StylinOnline.com let us know they are have a new G.I. Joe Hat in-stock. This is an officially licensed, fitted GI Joe 59Fifty Cobra Commander Hat in which the hat has been embroidered with an official Cobra Commander and Cobra Logo. They also have a huge array of T-Shirts and other licensed products available. Check out some of their popular sections: To view the complete update click the Title Bar.
Original Source: StylinOnline.com Huge 20% Off 4th of July Holiday Savings - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #419
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Heres's the latest intel from the newest issue of the GI Joe Club's magazine. If you wanted more females and a more diverse roster including formerly foreign exclusive characters and those from the "new sculpt" era, you're in for a treat!
  • More females!
  • NO mainline characters that are currently in Hasbro's retail lines!
The 1st figure revealed for this line was Quarrel. Who else do you want to see in the line?
Original Source: More Females And Less Mainstream Roster For Club Subscription Figures - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #420
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We posted a Sky Striker XP21F Update back in May and now we have an additional update for you! Looks like we won't be waiting long for the Sky Striker XP21F:

So I thought I'd give an update on the status of the skystriker since I checked out the info in the system today. First off the big toy reset has the official date of July 31st. So most stores should be set within a week of that date. Right now there appears to be just over 9,000 skystrikers going to the distribution centers. There are under 2,000 stores so you can do the math. I would say every store will get at least two cases to start. There's of course more coming after that. Now on the figure side, not so cool. There's only about 240 figures on the way to distribution centers which tells me the new ones have not shipped yet. The whole not changing the dpci is kinda troublesome. In the past we clearance out the old to make way for the new, but doesn't look that way this time. So this could cause waiting for target to get the new ones. I will keep checking and give any more news as I find it.

As for the figures, time will tell. Less than a month and the Sky Striker finally returns to US shelves after more than 2 decades!
Original Source: July 31st Target Sky Striker Release Date - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #421
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Who better then Hulk Hogan to show us what Independence Day the 4th Of July is all about!
Original Source: Happy Independence Day 4th Of July! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #422
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member rateeg made this custom G.I. Joe Lady Jaye.

"Sculpted new hair, modified and sanded some unproportioned areas of the head and face and finally repainted the entire figure."

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Lady Jaye - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #423
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got a preview for GI Joe #3, scheduled for release tomorrow Wednesday July 6th 2011.

G.I. Joe #3
Chuck Dixon (w) • Javier Saltares (a) • Tom Feister, Saltares (c)
The COBRA CIVIL WAR roars on! General Hawk is hunted by a squad of desperate
killers in the nation’s capital! The Pit is under attack by Storm Shadow and Zartan and mercy is NOT in their vocabulary. The contest to decide who will be Cobra Commander gets bloodier. Can the Joes survive?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.

*Variant covers:
Black & white Javier Saltares variant cover
Jonboy Meyer variant

Bullet points:
• A COBRA CIVIL WAR tie-in!
• G.I. JOE’s base of operations is under siege!

Read on to preview the issue and check out all the covers!
Original Source: GI Joe #3 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #424
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Each year, fans of Power Team Elite look forward to new offerings, especially new vehicles and playsets. Joe fans have been incorporating Power Team Elite toys with their GI Joes since the line was released stateside in 2003-04. Back in 2009 the J10 was shown in an animated commercial for the line, but was absent from shelves, until this year.

HISS Tank boards member seyms has not only obtained the all new J10, but reviewed it as well! Did it live up to the hype? Read on for the review!
Original Source: Power Team Elite J10 Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #425
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest roundup for our sister sites:We've got the long awaited review for Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon, new Thundercats Prototypes, Marvel Universe images, and more, after the jump!
Original Source: TFW2005 Toyark And Thundercats.ws News Roundup July 5th - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #427
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Super_Megatron @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Garry Chalk, the voice of Gristle, Metal-Head, Pathfinder, Shockwave, Cesspool, BIOK from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero plus Lieutenant Stone in G.I. Joe Extreme will be a guest at the Canadian 80s Toy Expo on Sunday, July 31st at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre - 6750 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, Ontario. Transformers fans will recognize his name as the voice of Optimus Primal in Beast Wars.

The show features a huge selection of vintage 80s toys and all the latest toy releases from today; Canada's largest dealer room for 80s toy related merchandise consisting of dealers selling G.I. Joe (vintage and modern), Star Wars (new and vintage), Super Heroes (Marvel, DC etc), Transformers (vintage and Japanese imports), Masters of the Universe (vintage and classics), Wrestling, and tons of other Action Figures and collectibles.
Original Source: Garry Chalk to attend the 80s Toy Expo in Toronto July 31st - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #428
ThundeRSS

Quote:
New Official images of San Diego Comic Con 2011 Dreadnok Zarana and her variant Cold Slither Zarana! How long will these last at this years SDCC 2011? Will the variant sell out? Star tuned to HISS Tank.com for complete coverage of SDCC 2011!

To view more images of SDCC Zarana gate click the Title Bar.
Original Source: GI Joe SDCC 2011 Zarana & Variant Cold Slither Zarana - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #429
ThundeRSS

Quote:
CAPT. ACE would rather fly than do anything else. He was a civilian pilot in Alaska then worked as a stunt pilot before joining the Air Force to become a combat pilot. He has an intuitive knack with any kind of aircraft and an equally uncanny gift as a poker player. He can coax the most out of any plane and almost always holds the winning hand in a game, without even cheating.

You're ready to "fly" to wild victories with this G.I. JOE Combat Jet Sky Striker XP-21F vehicle! Open the cockpit to put the included CAPT. ACE figure in the pilot's seat and slide the lever to pivot the wings forward and back! Deploy the retractable landing gear when it's time for a speedy landing and retract it during "takeoff." Load the missiles for maximum firepower!
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Sky Striker Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #430
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out high resolution images of the upcoming San Diego Comic Con 2011 Sky Striker with Cobra Commander!
Original Source: GI Joe SDCC 2011 Exclusive SkyStriker With Cobra Commander - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #431
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. Joe is proud to celebrate the REAL AMERICAN HEROES who defend our freedom and safety every day with their dedicated service and selfless sacrifice.

Army Paratrooper

Your courageous Army Paratrooper figure is ready to brave danger in the air and on the ground! Put his jump pack on for the next daring dive into action and prepare him with his binoculars and flashlight. His parachute really opens when you throw him into the air! At 12 inches tall, with his helmet and goggles, tactical assault rifle, combat knife and pistol, what can't he do? Will he be able to complete his mission? Only you can decide!

Imagine bold battles in the air and on the ground with this 12-inch Army Paratrooper figure! His movable fingers let you put his knife, rifle, pistol, binoculars and other accessories in his hand as he dives into action. Figure comes with accessories and parachute.
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration 12" Info & Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #432
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G.I.Joe Pursuit of Cobra line had many vehicles that were announced in 2010 but have yet to see the light of day at mass retail outlets.

The Cobra H.I.S.S. Scout and G.I.Joe Cycle Armor are no exception.We've seen tastes here and there, but there have been no retail sightings...until today. HissTank.com forum member bandonov has laid his hand on both sought Alpha Vehicles in Canada!

"I found the PoC HISS Scout and Cycle Armour at WINNERS (TJ Maxx Canada) and they were selling at $9.99 each! They put out 4 units each so 2 cases. Go out out and get yours now!"

Will fans here stateside be as lucky? Time will only tell. For now, enjoy the pics and join in on the discussion already in progress after the jump!
Original Source: Pursuit of Cobra HISS Scout and Cycle Armor Found at Canadian Retail! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #433
ThundeRSS

Quote:
It's always fun to get a behind the scenes look at our favorite Modern Military Action Figure, G.I.Joe. Thanks to Mr. Jim Shooter, former Editor in Chief of Marvel comics, we have some really interesting information of the G.I.Joe series we all grew to love.

Jim has posted a blog entry today entitled The Secret Parts of the Origin of G.I.Joe, where he talks about the the creative process behind Marvel and Hasbro's team-up on the G.I.Joe project, the challenges behind it and the final product that, until this day, still captivates old and new fans alike.

Once you've checked out the blog, check back with us to share your thoughts and chime in on the discussion already in progress.
Original Source: The Secret Parts of the Origin of G.I. JOE - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #434
ThundeRSS

Quote:
As many of you know, the Canada Post was on strike, causing major delays in the processing and delivery of mail to our friends in the great white north. HissTank.com forum member and Cobra Stickers shopkeep, WildBill, has been keeping us updated on the situation and has just reported great news, Ops are back to normal!

Know what that means? Check your mail boxes, Canadians, as your stickers should be arriving soon! Once you complete your project(s), make sure you share some pictures with us in the G.I.Joe Collection Showcase forum.

Check in with WildBill and let him know when your stickers are in hand by joining us after the jump!
Original Source: Cobra Stickers and Canada Post - Operations Normal! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #435
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Gyre-Viper has posted images of the following 2 vehicle drivers over at JoeDeclassified:
  • Steel Brigade Delta
  • Air Viper
We've mirrored some of the images here. Interestingly enough, the Steel Brigade Delta figure sports a new head sculpt reminiscent, at first, of Resolute Snake Eyes, but also of Valor Vs Venom Snake Eyes. Initially, Valor VS Venom Snake Eyes was to sport a plated mask, but by final production, the figure ended up with a much simpler head sculpt, which lacked the mask. However, the packaging artwork still showed the mask, and back in 2005-06 a lot of fans were wondering why the "cooler" mask wasn't used.

As you may remember, a Snake Eyes figure paying homage to Valor VS Venom was released as part of the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line. Is this "new" head sculpt from a canceled GI Joe Resolute version of Snake Eyes, upcoming GI Joe 30th Anniversary Snake Eyes further paying homage to VVV Snake Eyes, or something else altogether? Check out the head sculpt and other images for yourself after the jump!
Original Source: New Steel Brigade Delta And Air Viper Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #436
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Alright let's get this out of the way 1st: we know it's too early for Hasbro and Hollywood to plan out a GI Joe 3 movie when GI Joe II hasn't even been released, and is still in the very early stages of production. However, something interesting happened recently with regards to another big Hasbro property, Transformers.

Michael Bay has bid farewell to Transformers

Prior to Michael Bay, Transformers had enjoyed success with the Transformers Armada trilogy in 2002. Yet 2007 took everyone by surprise, be it fans and/or retailers, as supply could not keep up with demand for the movie toys, and sales of the 2007 movie line alone eclipsed previous lines by a substantial amount. To say Hasbro made a ton of profit would be an understatement.

Hate him or love him, the Transformers movies by Michael Bay contributed in making Transformers a property in demand globally. Sure it could be on the edgy side when deciding whether or not kids should watch it, but that didn't seem to matter as a lot of kids still ended up watching the movies and buying the toys anyways.

So with Bay done for Transformers, should he revitalize GI Joe next? Here are some benefits to adding Bay to the helm:
  • Good connections with the US military...so everyone who is tired of CG and wants to see GI Joe outfitted with the latest and best REAL military vehicles instead, there you go
  • His Transformers movies made a ton of movie for Hasbro
  • Blows lots of stuff up in almost every movie
  • Is no stranger to having military/special ops elements in his movies
  • No stranger to action movies
At this point, with Jon Chu at the helm of GI Joe II, a different director for GI Joe 3 might not throw things off. Chu didn't direct the 1st movie.

With no Transformers to direct, and a successful track record with turning a Hasbro property into financially successful movies, should Michael Bay set his sights on GI Joe 3?
Original Source: Michael Bay For GI Joe 3? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #437
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Thanks to the Official San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Website we have with us the Thursday, 21st of July, 2011 Schedule. And yes… got a cool G. I. Joe related panel.

10:00-11:00 IDW and Hasbro: 2012 Transformations— What's coming up in IDW's Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Dungeons & Dragons titles? More important, who's taking over stewardship of Transformers and G.I. Joe? Find out as IDW's newest editor makes his presence known, alongside IDW's editorial team and creators such as Mike Costa, Livio Ramondelli, and more surprise guests! Also, get word of a new license being announced today! Room 9
Original Source: San Diego Comic-Con 2011 G. I. Joe Programs - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #438
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Alright let's get this out of the way 1st: we know it's too early for Hasbro and Hollywood to plan out a GI Joe 3 movie when GI Joe II hasn't even been released, and is still in the very early stages of production. However, something interesting happened recently with regards to another big Hasbro property, Transformers.

Michael Bay has bid farewell to Transformers

Prior to Michael Bay, Transformers had enjoyed success with the Transformers Armada trilogy in 2002. Yet 2007 took everyone by surprise, be it fans and/or retailers, as supply could not keep up with demand for the movie toys, and sales of the 2007 movie line alone eclipsed previous lines by a substantial amount. To say Hasbro made a ton of profit would be an understatement.

Hate him or love him, the Transformers movies by Michael Bay contributed in making Transformers a property in demand globally. Sure it could be on the edgy side when deciding whether or not kids should watch it, but that didn't seem to matter as a lot of kids still ended up watching the movies and buying the toys anyways.

So with Bay done for Transformers, should he revitalize GI Joe next? Here are some benefits to adding Bay to the helm:
  • Good connections with the US military...so everyone who is tired of CG and wants to see GI Joe outfitted with the latest and best REAL military vehicles instead, there you go
  • His Transformers movies made a ton of money for Hasbro
  • Blows lots of stuff up in almost every movie
  • Is no stranger to having military/special ops elements in his movies
  • No stranger to action movies
At this point, with Jon Chu at the helm of GI Joe II, a different director for GI Joe 3 might not throw things off. Chu didn't direct the 1st movie.

With no Transformers to direct, and a successful track record with turning a Hasbro property into financially successful movies, should Michael Bay set his sights on GI Joe 3?
Original Source: Discussion Point - Michael Bay For GI Joe 3? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #439
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Earlier today, The Rock posted a picture of himself on WhoSay, with the following caption:

Beast mode for GI Joe. Here comes the new era...

In addition, recent tweets from GI Joe II director Jon Chu reveal the following:
  • New Snake Eyes suit is in the works
  • Channing Tatum will join the set soon
the suit. Is. Being. Built. @RAYPARKACTION bring it. #snakeeyesforever
See u soon @channingtatum !! Another epic adventure. Let's get it.

While it's been informally reported numerous times that Tatum would return to reprise his role as Duke, considering that the director of the movie itself is acknowledging him as Duke, consider Tatum's return confirmed.

It also seems Park is quite pleased with his new suit, as he tweeted the following:

Fitting was fun the other day. It's gonna look awesome! Can't wait!!

A few weeks back we reported that there would be No Lips For Snake Eyes in GI Joe II. What will the new suit look like? Will it look completely different from the suit Park wore in Rise Of Cobra? Will it be based on the original 1982 commando look?
Original Source: GI Joe II New Snake Eyes Costume, ROCK BEAST MODE Plus Channing Tatum Returning - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #440
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The casting news for GI Joe II has been more frequent these past few weeks, and another fan-favorite Cobra character has been cast, Firefly! Everyone's favorite saboteur will be played by Ray Stevenson, whom you may recall, played Volstagg in the recent Thor movie(and as Punisher in Punisher War Zone).

In addition to the news that Ray Stevenson Is Firefly In GI Joe II, TheHollywoodReporter is also reporting that GI Joe II will start shooting at the end of summer and:

Stevenson’s Firefly is a member of the villainous Cobra Organization and is known as a saboteur, ninja master and explosives expert.

Will he don his familiar camoflauge in the movie, not far off from his original look from 1984(albeit modernized)? To recap, here are the other fan-favorites casted so far, and new to the movie:So with the news of Firefly, that makes 2 Cobra members for GI Joe II so far(Storm Shadow was the 1st Cobra member we knew about for this movie). Do you think Stevenson has what it takes to play Firefly?
Original Source: GI Joe II Ray Stevenson Is Firefly - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #441
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore!

GI JOE FIGURES WAVE 01, 02 - CASES, SETS
Two new assortments of GI Joe figures are on the way. 2012 Series 01
includes Package Refreshes of Steel Brigade, Cobra - the Enemy, Viper and
Iron Grenadier as well as Sergeant Stalker (Modern) and Hazard-Viper; we
have them listed as a set of 6 for $44.99 and a case of 12 (two of each
figure) at $84.99. We also have 2012 Series 02 listed; the set of 4
includes Renegades versions of Firefly, Snake Eyes, Duke and Cobra
Commander and is listed at $39.99. The case assortment includes two of
each of these figures plus one each of Hazard-Viper and the Package
Refresh versions of Cobra - the Enemy, Viper and Iron Grenadier, and is
priced at $84.99.
BigBadToyStore.com Search

GI JOE 2011 VEHICLES WAVE 02 - SET, SINGLES
The new assortment of midsize vehicles includes the returning Black Dragon
VTOL along with the new HISS Tank. We have them listed at $44.99 for the
case of two, or singly at $24.99 for the VTOL and $29.99 for the HISS
Tank.
BigBadToyStore.com Search

View the rest of the new preorders, new arrivals and more after the jump!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update - BigBadToyStore July 9th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #442
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sideshow's GI Joe Stalker figure went up for preorder back in January and for those of you have ordered, watch your mailboxes as some have them have started to arrive! We've got new images of this long awaited figure posted by HISS Tank boards member VIPER E7.

More images after the jump! Like what you see?

Get On The Wait List For The GI Joe 12 Inch Stalker Sideshow Exclusive Edition

Get On The Wait List For The GI Joe 12 Inch Stalker
Original Source: Sideshow 12in Stalker In Hand - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #443
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member KrymsynGardImmoral made these(3 of them !) custom Cobra ARAH Jungle/Battle Damage BAT customs(remember that custom jungle Terrordrome?!).
The head on the battle damaged BAT was even custom sculpted !

"Using the 25th BD BAT head as a guide, I carved one out with a dremel, making a deep enough cavity to get stuff in there. The 25th head basically has the "eye" unit, a thick ribbed hose, and two smaller wires visible in the damaged area. I cut up a 1989 SE uzi to make the "eye", used a section of trashed Rip Cord mask for the ribbed hose, and added two small hoses, but not in the same configuration. i just jammed them in there with a lot of crazy glue and gave it time to dry."

Original Source: Custom Cobra ARAH Jungle And Battle Damage BATs - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #444
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's even more casting news for GI Joe II. According to the Hollywood Insider column of what'splaying, a new character named Mouse will be in the movie:

A character from the Sgt. Savage and Screaming Eagles series, the 18-year-old Southern charmer is said to be a major player in the Paramount sequel. One casting agent says it’s “a huge role for a young up-and-comer”, adding that “the role would be Taylor Kitsch’s had he been just a spot younger”. The idea, I believe, is to try and entice young teen girls into the film.

Was anyone honestly expecting a character from Sgt Savage And The Screaming Eagles to show up in the movie? This comes as a surprise, we'll keep you posted.
Original Source: New Character Mouse In GI Joe II - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #445
ThundeRSS

Quote:
It's Sunday, so it must be time for the latest issue of Ages 25 & Up! This week, in Issue #147 entitled Victims of Democracy, we find out about what happens to some of the characters who got voted off Cobra's competition game show, B.A.D.A.S.S.!.

What does Dr. Jones think of all this? Join us after the jump and see for yourself!

Once you've checked out the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums!
Original Source: Ages 25 and Up #147 - Victims of Democracy - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #446
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Excited about the long awaited return of the Skystriker to retail shelves this summer? Can't wait to see more of the Sky Striker XP21F? Well we've got a treat for you! Today not only has The Commander shared some images of the Sky Striker unboxed, but we also have the very 1st clear images of the sticker sheet! During the JoeCon 2011 GI Joe Panel, Hasbro announced that the Sky Striker would come with optional stickers to customize your Sky Striker. Until now, we've mainly just heard descriptions of how the optional tail art(and other) stickers looked, but now we can finally see them! Also shown are the included blueprints and completed Sky Striker, which you can check out after the jump!
Original Source: Sky Striker XP21F Sticker Sheet And More - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #447
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G.I. Joe Collectors Club is now sending out emails to it's members regarding SDCC 2011 G.I. Joe Exclusives.

We have been getting a lot of questions about the Hasbro exclusives for this years Comic-Con and we want to let you know that we will not be able to get any of the exclusives this year. If you are interested in these items, you will either need to attend Comic-Con or check Hasbro Toy Shop to see if there are any left after the show.
Original Source: GI Joe SDCC 2011 Exclusives Not Available At GI Joe Club - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #448
ThundeRSS

Original Source: HISS Tank News Roundup July 10th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #449
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's our weekly roundup of news we broke over at our sister sites last week!Whether it's Ronin Warriors, Star Wars, Jazwares Mortal Kombat, or even more Dark Of The Moon news, we've got you covered! Check out what went down last week after the jump!
Original Source: TFW2005 Toyark And Thundercats.ws News Roundup July 10th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #450
ThundeRSS

Quote:
MailOnline has reported that Channing Tatum is on set for GI Joe II, and is now bald:

There's been no word yet from Channing's representatives about why he has specifically shaved his head, but he has confirmed that he's set for the new GI Joe.

As for why he is bald, it's anyone's guess. Interestingly enough, the article also states that Sienna Miller will return:

Also signed up alongside Channing in GI Joe: Cobra Strikes, are Sienna Miller, Ray Stevenson, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and possibly Bruce Willis as General Joe Colton.

Prior to this it was largely thought that Miller would not return to resume her role as The Baroness. Stay tuned as we'll keep you posted on this news as it develops. In addition, The ROCK has tweeted the following:

Long day of prep for GI Joe. Special Forces fatigues look strong. Time for Don Julio and new episode of Hard Time.

A later tweet revealed that he will be shooting GI Joe II from August-November of this year.
Original Source: Duke Goes Bald For GI Joe II Sienna Miller Returns? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe