TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 07-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #101
wizzra
Thunder Kitty
I think it was good over-all,
there are many mistakes and things that could have been done much better, but overall the show has pretty enjoyable moments and new features.

The animation is certainly way better than any animated series done in the past years!!

Last edited by wizzra; 07-30-2011 at 01:50 AM..
wizzra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:53 AM   #102
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I love the new Snarf as well. Actually, so far I have nothing to complain about. I have so much going through my head about it at the moment that I'll probably comment more on it. It totally inspired a possible cosplay group for Wondercon this coming year though.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:10 AM   #103
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Megaupload link to the episodes here.

I must say, I was never a Thundercats fan - I saw the old series, but was never really into it. I liked the more mature Wildstorm comics (especially the 10 years later story), and overall found the world of Third Earth and the characters intriguing, but after trying to watch the old cartoon - it just did not hold up that well over the years, just like despite being a big Transformers fan, watching the G1 series just makes me cringe.

This new series, though, promises to be what TF Animated was to Transformers or MLP-Friendship is Magic was to My Little Pony.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #104
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
I love the new Snarf as well. Actually, so far I have nothing to complain about. I have so much going through my head about it at the moment that I'll probably comment more on it. It totally inspired a possible cosplay group for Wondercon this coming year though.
needed more of the twins though, huh? lol
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #105
updatedude
Thunder Kitty
The thing I loved most about these episodes are how utterly backward and racist the cats are.

When you consider that [spoiler]the invading Lizards went and freed their enslaved Lizard brothers[/spoiler], the cheering [spoiler]Lizards as Thundera fell, felt like the overthrow of despotic and decadent oppressors[/spoiler].
updatedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:31 AM   #106
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by updatedude View Post
The thing I loved most about these episodes are how utterly backward and racist the cats are.

When you consider that [spoiler]the invading Lizards went and freed their enslaved Lizard brothers[/spoiler], the cheering [spoiler]Lizards as Thundera fell, felt like the overthrow of despotic and decadent oppressors[/spoiler].
exactly what i was thinking!

mumm-ra took the most repressed race, and promised them glory, and revenge.

and look? they GOT IT TOO!

I am not sure which side to woot for now... LOL!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #107
ejrussell
Thunder Kitty
I'm in disagreement on the Lizards defeating their "oppressors." Look the Cats are racist and ignorant, no doubt about that, but the Lizards have allied themselves with something truly evil and really both sides are to blame for their bigotry.
ejrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #108
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
needed more of the twins though, huh? lol
Totally. But there was enough of them there that my friend decided she wanted to cosplay as Wilykit with me as Wilykat so I'm happy haha.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #109
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolza_khyron View Post
that's my guess too.

Spoilers below!

*spoilers!*
it does make me wonder just how many thundercats survived though.

obviously they had a huge kingdom, and i doubt everyone in the kingdom was in that shelter.
Cat called it the city of treasure...el darar
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #110
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty02 View Post
Ancient spirits of evil...transform this decayed form...into Mumm-Ra...the ever...LIVING!!

I thought it was fantastic! Even though I thought the plot was pretty predictable, I enjoyed immensely.

The only thing I didn't like was Mumm-Ra's voice. It just didn't evil enough to me. Then again I've spent the past 2 days watching the first season.

I'm guessing that they toned down his mummy voice to be less scary for the kids maybe. It sounds like when he transforms his voice is much more sinister and evil
Old 07-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #111
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrussell View Post
I'm in disagreement on the Lizards defeating their "oppressors." Look the Cats are racist and ignorant, no doubt about that, but the Lizards have allied themselves with something truly evil and really both sides are to blame for their bigotry.
I agree with not defeating their oppressors but I do think it was smart to start the series with slithe and mumra actually winning a battle. That seriously sets this series apart from the old series where the always run away with their tales between their legs. Instead of the planet just exploding for no apparent reason their home is destroyed by evil. Sets up the conflict and the tension for what feels like a great animated drama
Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #112
DESTRO
Overlord Of Evil
That was one hell of a kick off to the new series. My girlfriend even enjoyed it.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #113
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Did anyone else see during one of the commercials before TC aired that one of the producers said we will find out what metal the sword of omens is made out of? AWESOME! Always had the feeling it wasn't metal in the og so that's awesome!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #114
ejrussell
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lion O View Post
I agree with not defeating their oppressors but I do think it was smart to start the series with slithe and mumra actually winning a battle. That seriously sets this series apart from the old series where the always run away with their tales between their legs. Instead of the planet just exploding for no apparent reason their home is destroyed by evil. Sets up the conflict and the tension for what feels like a great animated drama
Pretty much my feeling as well. We really needed to see the villains as a threat, and how high the odds are stacked against our heroes. Plus I don't know if Tygra will ever fully forgive Lion-O of what happened to Thundera. Their relationship is the one I'm most engaged in learning about.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #115
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrussell View Post
Pretty much my feeling as well. We really needed to see the villains as a threat, and how high the odds are stacked against our heroes. Plus I don't know if Tygra will ever fully forgive Lion-O of what happened to Thundera. Their relationship is the one I'm most engaged in learning about.
Right on! Very cool take on the relationship between tygra and lion o
Old 07-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #116
Joe Moore
Administrator
How many cartoons start of with the wiping out of nearly an entire species? Such a dark and tense start to the story.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #117
Shave
Eye of Thundera
That was a really awesome first episode! I can't wait until next Friday =)
Shave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #118
dragon
Thunder Kitty
very good cat wait for next weeks episode maybe intro will be included next week like to here new theme for this show as catfan.

Quote:
it would have happend if lion-o didint step in or not the trojan horse thing that was in city.

Quote:
I think it was good over-all,
there are many mistakes and things that could have been done much better, but overall the show has pretty enjoyable moments and new features.

The animation is certainly way better than any animated series done in the past years!!
really misteaks where at from what or who do tell snarf i like unlike his previous version animated version he doesnt talk this time snarf snarf kinda gets on my nerves but deal withing it when watching series is tollerable not as bad gijoe or transfromers ryming when they talk all time that is annoying

i was surprised to mummra working with mutants not by himself this time

Last edited by dragon; 07-30-2011 at 10:07 AM..
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #119
ejrussell
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
it would have happend if lion-o didint step in or not the trojan horse thing that was in city.
While it's true that the pardoning of the Lizards wouldn't have made a difference, Lion-O telling the truth about the vision would have. If he wasn't so unsure of himself and told the truth the cats would have had time to prepare. At least that's how I'm sure Tygra would see it.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #120
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Honestly, the way they thought of him, I don't think anyone but Jaga would've believed him if he had told. They thought all that stuff was a myth and they really looked down on Lion-O for believing it all. They'd think he wasn't taking the ceremony seriously or something.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #121
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
How many cartoons start of with the wiping out of nearly an entire species? Such a dark and tense start to the story.
See your point...but I would reference again the clone wars on cn....I don't think it's any darker than that
Old 07-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #122
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
very good cat wait for next weeks episode maybe intro will be included next week like to here new theme for this show as catfan.

really misteaks where at from what or who do tell snarf i like unlike his previous version animated version he doesnt talk this time snarf snarf kinda gets on my nerves but deal withing it when watching series is tollerable not as bad gijoe or transfromers ryming when they talk all time that is annoying

I think the only possible mistake...and I'm not complaining at all, at all...but the only thing I saw was, how did grune get across the bridge after slithe blew it up to beat claudus to the huge tree. Last shot you see is grune on the ground then he is in the tree. Other than that I thought it was flawless. Awesome, awesome show!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #123
Panth-ro
Thunder Kitty
Wow, just watched the first 2 episodes, this series is fantastic straight from the beginning. One thing i missed and this may be a stupid question, but are they on Thundera or Third Earth? Because Lion-O called the Cat kingdom Thundera. So i was under the impression that it was the city of Thundera, not the planet. So maybe Plundar is a kingdom?
Panth-ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #124
Balgus82
Thundera is a Kingdom ON Third Earth.

Plun-Darr is a mountain this time around.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #125
Uncanny Madman
Thunder Kitty
That was a really, really amazing premier. Even though everything is so different, it absolutely stayed true to everything it needed to.

One thing I'm a bit iffy on though - how are the cats the dominant, "opressing" species on Third Earth, enslaving lizards and whatnot, if they've never even set foot outside of Thundera?! They are completely ignorant and oblivious to the world outside so how on earth could they have any effect on or power over it's inhabitants?

One other thing - what exactly are the yellow "feelers" on Claudus's head above his eyebrows? lol...kinda ruined the character design for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panth-ro View Post
Wow, just watched the first 2 episodes, this series is fantastic straight from the beginning. One thing i missed and this may be a stupid question, but are they on Thundera or Third Earth? Because Lion-O called the Cat kingdom Thundera. So i was under the impression that it was the city of Thundera, not the planet. So maybe Plundar is a kingdom?

Thundera is a city on Third Earth this time around

Quote:
Probably sounds crazy but I was choking up...i was like what's wrong with me...then I realized after all these years just what a simple cartoon could mean to a child and how everyday when I got home from school and nobody else was around...they were always there for me...everyday. Now I get to be there with my son with thundercats! I am totally stoked! He loved it, thanks to everyone who made this happen.
Oh man, even though I'd already seen the leaked 9 minutes a couple weeks ago, I was also choking up as it began too...and I really didn't expect that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
I was disappointed to see Lynx-O so early in the series.
I feel the same...at first I thought it was really cool to see such a cameo appearance so soon but I don't like the fact he's already blind...seeing as "Thundera" gets destroyed in this iteration too, there's no reason history couldn't repeat itself...

Unless at some point we get a backstory on how he was blinded this time, I feel it is a lost opportunity for increased characterisation (if the "new" Thundercats are even bought in as recurring characters that is)...

Not sure about his character design yet either...it appears they may have de-aged him a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
i love snaf sleep in horn and then he fell river

Haha that actually made me laugh out loud when I watched it - was one of my favourite moments of the whole thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty02 View Post
The only thing I didn't like was Mumm-Ra's voice. It just didn't evil enough to me.
I also didn't like his voice...too high pitched and unthreatening...the original Mumm-Ra voice is just irreplacable!

Last edited by Uncanny Madman; 07-30-2011 at 12:11 PM..
Uncanny Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #126
Panth-ro
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Thundera is a Kingdom ON Third Earth.

Plun-Darr is a mountain this time around.
So its kind of more of a sequel to the series of the 80s, if they are already on Third Earth. It seems that way to me.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #127
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
One thing I'm a bit iffy on though - how are the cats the dominant, "opressing" species on Third Earth, enslaving lizards and whatnot, if they've never even set foot outside of Thundera?! They are completely ignorant and oblivious to the world outside so how on earth could they have any effect on or power over it's inhabitants?
One of the lizards says it outright - most of the areas outside Thundera valley are inhospitable deserts, they needed to steal the Cats' food to feed their children. By taking the most fertile lands and keeping the other races out, the cats did ensure the lizards could only live in powerty.

I loved how the same lizard Lion-O helped did help them escape later on. All in all I much prefer an enemy race to be portrayed in grey, not in black and white.

Quote:
One other thing - what exactly are the yellow "feelers" on Claudus's head above his eyebrows? lol...kinda ruined the character design for me...
Heh, I can see why you'd think they are feelers, but that was actually his crown. A thin golden tiara that he wore under his hair, you could only see it over his eyebrows where he had a shorter mane.

Quote:
I feel the same...at first I thought it was really cool to see such a cameo appearance so soon but I don't like the fact he's already blind...seeing as "Thundera" gets destroyed in this iteration too, there's no reason history couldn't repeat itself...
THundera was not "destroyed", it was taken over. I mean... I kinda understood that's what Grune's motivation was. He could never be anything more then a general... now, he helped Mumm-Ra and Sllithe defeat their enemies. Mumm-Ra wanted the sword, Sllithe just wanted to defeat his enemy. Grune would be left to rule over the defeated Thundercats.

The mere fact that Tygra and Lion-O are taken captive, as are Cheetara and Jaga, is proof that the lizards do not want to exterminate the cats. No doubt, they would oppress the surviving cats (and I bet there will be other survivors) like those did to them before.

Yup, that IS Lynx-O. Note how he sniffs the air to be able to tell the lizards are coming - I bet he was probably blind already, or it's just foreshadowing of his skills.

All in all,this two-parter can only be summed up as EPIC. I will watch it again today, this time in HD.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 07-30-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #128
ragmanrag
Thunder Kitty
Just finished watching the first two episodes, and my verdict, THAT WAS WORTH A 20 YEAR WAIT, I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR ANYTHING MORE!

THUNDERCATS ARE BACK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
ragmanrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #129
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
I don't think you can make to many conclusions about the thundercats and their relationship with the other species of third earth just yet, got a feeling there is more back story there, more history. It sounds like the cats may have been oppressed at one time as well. Let's see where it goes from here.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #130
Nekomen
Licking Purrfection
Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats Ho-ly crap that was awesome!

Perfect update of the original, a reimagination that was just perfection all around. The changes work so much better, and the soul is entirely intact with a young lion-o forced into being a king before his time still. The usage of Jaga and his clerics was just utterly awesome.

I can't wait to see more. I wants me some figures now already too!
Can I haz thunderkitties nao bandai?
Nekomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #131
Uncanny Madman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
One of the lizards says it outright - most of the areas outside Thundera valley are inhospitable deserts, they needed to steal the Cats' food to feed their children. By taking the most fertile lands and keeping the other races out, the cats did ensure the lizards could only live in powerty.
Ah, right! Yeah, I see now!

Quote:
I loved how the same lizard Lion-O helped did help them escape later on. All in all I much prefer an enemy race to be portrayed in grey, not in black and white.

Totally agree! I like that little lizard guy! xD

Quote:
Heh, I can see why you'd think they are feelers, but that was actually his crown. A thin golden tiara that he wore under his hair, you could only see it over his eyebrows where he had a shorter mane.
Oh! I would never have realised that! They should have made it more golden and decorated! Heh, you have all the answers...you're far more observant than me!

Quote:
Thundera was not "destroyed", it was taken over. I mean... I kinda understood that's what Grune's motivation was. He could never be anything more then a general... now, he helped Mumm-Ra and Sllithe defeat their enemies. Mumm-Ra wanted the sword, Sllithe just wanted to defeat his enemy. Grune would be left to rule over the defeated Thundercats.
Again, more obervant than me! Of course yes, that makes alot more sense than just senselessly destroying it completely! I guess I got carried away with all the explosions!

Quote:

Yup, that IS Lynx-O. Note how he sniffs the air to be able to tell the lizards are coming - I bet he was probably blind already, or it's just foreshadowing of his skills.
He actually looks cooler there than I remember...he's definitely already blind though...he opens his eyes in shock and the pupils are all white - a typical representation of blindness.
Uncanny Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #132
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
I am not as familiar with the original material as most of you, but... my memory recalls that Mumm-Ra could only leave his pyramid when he was in his "everliving" form. This is obviously not the case here, but my question is - was he always hurt by sunlight as well? It seems to be happening when he tries to transform and the sun just rises.

Must say, Mumm-Ra had an epic introduction. I mean, that took even me by total surprise. That was incredibly well-done.

The character-reimaginations really work well here. Panthro being a general means that he will most likely become a voice of authority and perhaps a councelor to Lion-O. Cheetara being a cleric will probably explain her mystical powers (she had some on the old show). Though I like Tygra the most, his relationship with his foster father, his resentment of Lion-O, and his idolization of Grune. I wonder if Grune won't try to recruit him later on, he did seem to genuinely like Tygra. Oh, and I wonder what will lead to Tygra's costume change.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 07-30-2011 at 05:12 PM..
Old 07-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #133
Panth-ro
Thunder Kitty
This is probably already known, but i havent been following the threads about this cartoon.

After watching the episodes a second time, i feel that Clawdus is the original Lion-O's son. Wouldnt the original Lion-O name his son after his father and Clawdus names his son after his father. So this series Lion-O is the grandson of the 80s Lion-O. Clawdus also tells Lion-O, you hold in your hands what built the Thundercats empire. Clawdus states that it was the Thundercats who first defeated Mumm-Ra and brought law and order to a world of warring animals. So this proves that this is certainly a sequel to the original series. Thats how i feel anyway.

Also it looks like the Thundara city is built around the original series' Cat's Lair.

Also Lion-O seems to understand Snarf. I bet a future episode speaks of Snarfs that could once speak.

And technology is no longer used, but there is bits of technology scatter around Third Earth, it had to come from somewhere probably the past and Lion-O says as cubs there were stories of flying ships. Isnt that how the Thundercats came to Third Earth in the original series.

Last edited by Panth-ro; 07-30-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #134
NIBMRatchet
Transformers, Baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
I don't remember from the first series, but was Mumm-Ra always allergic to the sun like that, vampire style?
Me neither. Come to think of it I remember Mumm-Ra staying out in broad daylight.

Couldn't help but notice how the creators have assigned various characteristics of the animals to their respective TC 2011 counterparts.

The series is somehow more believable and feels like watching PJ's Lord Of The Rings.

The only thing I dislike are the powers. They all looked over-powered. In the original cartoon there was a balance, here however I see a certain Ben10-ish flair to it(which is why I dislike Ben10 a bit).

I also see that they went for a Avatar: The Last Airbender type of feel. Which is very very good in my opinion.

The story somehow feels a bit rushed. They should have expanded the plot in the first 2 episodes into 5 episodes just like what Hasbro did with Transformers: Prime.

Final Judgement: Major Fanwank! I felt like I went back 20 years.

THUNDERCATS HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NIBMRatchet; 07-30-2011 at 02:56 PM..
NIBMRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #135
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK Punk View Post
Totally. But there was enough of them there that my friend decided she wanted to cosplay as Wilykit with me as Wilykat so I'm happy haha.
haha nice!

i DO love the twins though, they're so awesome! and adorable!

and i hope they get more action.

also i am glad they no longer exist, just to be rescued by lionO.... LOL!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #136
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panth-ro View Post
This is probably already known, but i havent been following the threads about this cartoon.

After watching the episodes a second time, i feel that Clawdus is the original Lion-O's son. Wouldnt the original Lion-O name his son after his father and Clawdus names his son after his father. So this series Lion-O is the grandson of the 80s Lion-O. Clawdus also tells Lion-O, you hold in your hands what built the Thundercats empire. Clawdus states that it was the Thundercats who first defeated Mumm-Ra and brought law and order to a world of warring animals. So this proves that this is certainly a sequel to the original series. Thats how i feel anyway.

Also it looks like the Thundara city is built around the original series' Cat's Lair.

Also Lion-O seems to understand Snarf. I bet a future episode speaks of Snarfs that could once speak.

And technology is no longer used, but there is bits of technology scatter around Third Earth, it had to come from somewhere probably the past and Lion-O says as cubs there were stories of flying ships. Isnt that how the Thundercats came to Third Earth in the original series.
*sigh* no. This is a re-imagining. There is absolutely no connection from this story to the old one. The part where Claudus goes "It was the Thundercats who blah blah" Just means previous Thundercats. The old OS group and the new group are not, and have never been the ONLY Thundercats. Every generation has a different group of Thundercats. Lion-O is a Thundercat, Claudus is a Thundercat, Claudus's dad was a Thundercat, his dad's dad was a Thundercat, his dad's dad's dad was a Thundercat, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by Balgus82; 07-30-2011 at 04:18 PM..
Old 07-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #137
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
sure, but he can wish and hope, can't he? lol
Old 07-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #138
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
Thats the beauty of the show it could work as both. i mean it IS a reboot but at the same time it seems they left it vague enough that it could be interpreted as a continuation as well.

I wish it was Friday already!
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #139
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Probably sounds crazy but I was choking up...i was like what's wrong with me...then I realized after all these years just what a simple cartoon could mean to a child and how everyday when I got home from school and nobody else was around...they were always there for me...everyday. Now I get to be there with my son with thundercats! I am totally stoked! He loved it, thanks to everyone who made this happen.
Don't be embarrassed. I was doing the same. After 20 years of waiting for this? When I was a kid, my dad would wake me up EVERY morning at 7am and take back into his bed and we would watch Thundercats together. The names, and stuff lived on ever since. He passed away a year ago, this week actually, and so watching this was very special for me, as I'm sure it is for countless others. I got choked up and even giddy hearing Larry Kenny yell "Thundercats HO!" again and when Lion-O said "You may have taken my fathers like, but you wont take his sword... thunder, thunder, Thunder, Thundercats HO!" I was just speechless.
RoftheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #140
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoftheHood View Post
Don't be embarrassed. I was doing the same. After 20 years of waiting for this? When I was a kid, my dad would wake me up EVERY morning at 7am and take back into his bed and we would watch Thundercats together. The names, and stuff lived on ever since. He passed away a year ago, this week actually, and so watching this was very special for me, as I'm sure it is for countless others. I got choked up and even giddy hearing Larry Kenny yell "Thundercats HO!" again and when Lion-O said "You may have taken my fathers like, but you wont take his sword... thunder, thunder, Thunder, Thundercats HO!" I was just speechless.

I'm just happy to have it back....no hatin on it for me
Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #141
Panth-ro
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlocksPS View Post
Thats the beauty of the show it could work as both. i mean it IS a reboot but at the same time it seems they left it vague enough that it could be interpreted as a continuation as well.

I wish it was Friday already!
Thats what i meant, i knew before watching it that it is a reboot, but it could work as a sequel. Maybe when further episodes air, this will not be the case. But heres hoping.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #142
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
It's not a continuation of the old series... you can pretend that, but any callback to it is just hommage, a way of the creators to show their appretiation to the beginnings. Same thing happened in Transformers Animated - the G1 footage "history tapes" Optimus Prime watches at the beginning of episode 1 don't mean G1 was a precursor to Animated at all. It is just hommage.

By the way, who else spotted the Ro-Bear Berbil arm in the dog's black market shop? I guess the cats never encountered that race before either, or they'd know about technology.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #143
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
It's not a continuation of the old series... you can pretend that, but any callback to it is just hommage, a way of the creators to show their appretiation to the beginnings. Same thing happened in Transformers Animated - the G1 footage "history tapes" Optimus Prime watches at the beginning of episode 1 don't mean G1 was a precursor to Animated at all. It is just hommage.
We know we are just appreciating the creators doing a grand job

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockewave
By the way, who else spotted the Ro-Bear Berbil arm in the dog's black market shop? I guess the cats never encountered that race before either, or they'd know about technology.
I did! I was freaking out about it!

Last edited by GrimlocksPS; 07-30-2011 at 05:36 PM..
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #144
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Good call on the ro bear berbil...I think there was something else in there too...I need to go back and check...
Old 07-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #145
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Oh, something else I noticed on second watching - when Claudus starts the celebrations in honor of Grune's return, he does say "...and new lands to conquer". Which tells us that just because the capitol is fallen, there might be other thundercat colonies out there already, I figure they have been expanding for quite some time now.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #146
KennY
The Everliving
I absolutely loved it! Could not be happier with it. I'm especially impressed with the pre-transformed version of Mumm-Ra. He was actually kicking ass outside of his tomb for a change.

On another note, did anyone get the urge to scream "Mufasa!!!!" when Lion-O's dad was falling to his death?
KennY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #147
KennY
The Everliving
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoftheHood View Post
That's awesome man...
KennY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #148
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennY View Post
That's awesome man...

Very awesome...that's the good stuff!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #149
Balgus82
I noticed the Berbil hand, but I was kinda looking for that one because before the show started there was a little interview with Ethan Spalding where he talked about it. lol
Old 07-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #150
Lord of the Thundercats
Thundercat Fan
Without a doubt the best cartoon series since the reboot of Master of the Universe. I loved how they changed it up from the original and gave a more detailed build up for the series than they did in the original. Absolutely loved it! Anyone who didn't like it can kick rocks.
Lord of the Thundercats is offline   Reply With Quote