TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #2151
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
If indeed the show does go with T/C (which I doubt given the last minute rush job to put them together), then Cheetara will have no one but herself to blame for Lion-o's lack of trust in her. After leading him on, intentionaly or not , and seeing her in a liplock with his brother, she will have totally undermined her credibility as a friend or advisor.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #2152
Balgus82
I think something people aren't considering is that for Lion-O to grow there has to be setbacks. He has to loose sometimes. You don't grow if you always win. He has to be able to rise above it and he will become a better king by learning how to overcome adversity than he would by getting everything he wants.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #2153
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
very true and i highly agree that at times their anger at the situation forces them to say things they probably don't mean. we are all thundercats fans and in the big picture, we all truly support this new series. tygra and liono have both been jerks to each other no doubt and i think the reason might be the lack of a female figure in their upbringing. i thought cheetara's character was supposed to be kind of like the mother figure of the group instead of a love interest for both brothers. this is why i didn't really prefer the love triangle romance approach the writers took. cheetara was supposed to be the ice breaker for both brothers in terms of their rivalry towards each other.
Sadly, Cheetara being the ice breaker is unlikely now. Thanks to her, lack of clarity about her feelings, the 2 brothers will probably be more distant than ever.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #2154
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Sadly, Cheetara being the ice breaker is unlikely now. Thanks to her, lack of clarity about her feelings, the 2 brothers will probably be more distant than ever.
I believe (and of course it's only my opinion) that Tygra will soften towards Lion-O a little since he has Cheetara. I think she will be a good influence on him. Lion-O, of course, won't get over her easily so that'll definitely still cause friction between them. But it's early in the show still. they need setbacks. if they get all buddy-buddy this soon, what do they have to learn the rest of the series? two steps forward, one step backward.

I'm hoping they'll reconcile a bit by the end of the next 13 episodes. then after that they can work on learning to work more closely with each other better.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-01-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #2155
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
that is why im very anxious to see how the writers are gonna solve the problem. if this is going to make liono's character grow then i guess i shouldn't have a problem with it. like i said, for now the series will supposedly run for 52 episodes, so we have more stories coming our way. that's why we should stick it out and hopefully all fans of the series might be pleased at the conclusion of the series.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #2156
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
wait something just occured to me, after episode 14 airs what will happen to " The Justice League of Super Badass Aquaintancents"
Not to worry as we are always brothers in arms. one for all and all for one!
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #2157
Balgus82
Quote:
that is why im very anxious to see how the writers are gonna solve the problem. if this is going to make liono's character grow then i guess i shouldn't have a problem with it. like i said, for now the series will supposedly run for 52 episodes, so we have more stories coming our way. that's why we should stick it out and hopefully all fans of the series might be pleased at the conclusion of the series.

exactly. thats still 39 episodes to go. that's a lot of time. lots can change before the end. she could break up with tygra, go stag for a season, and then eventually end up with Lion-O. Or she could stay with Tygra and it could end up for the best. or she could break with Tygra and end up with neither. we don't know yet.

either way the development of the characters isn't solely dependent on who's someone's girlfriend.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #2158
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
you guys are right
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #2159
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I think they will in the next episode. We will find out about why she follows lion-o.

She is still young and she lost jaga.
Yeah and even IF they will not tie the Cheetara connection with the triangle (which is highly unlikely, considering all the data) then we are back to the basic analysis of her in a deadlock, cannot choosing between the brothers, even if after she has chosen either one of them then knowing she is hurting the other brother's feeling and vice cersa as in this scenario http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../19/#post24312 because that's her character.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #2160
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
you act like Lion-O is completely incapable of getting over it.
True. I can't see how this would be more devastating to him than claudis dying or the destruction of thundera. Lion-o will do what he needs to do
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #2161
cmangund
Quote:
The female panther was a main character in legacy.

There will be no other main female character.

The main character always gets the main female, unless there is another main female in the group. There won't be.
Its too late to add another main female character in the show now, even if they add another one that female character will always be a B-list. Cheetara is the first influential female character in the show thus she has received the A-list female spot.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #2162
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
True. I can't see how this would be more devastating to him than claudis dying or the destruction of thundera. Lion-o will do what he needs to do
They basically already punished Lion-O enough. Its time for Lion-O to rise from the ashes! and tell Cheetara his feelings.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #2163
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
the dark knight rises.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #2164
Balgus82
here's what I hope will happen in the next episode. I hope Cheetara see's how sad Lion-O is with her choice, and she takes him to the side to talk to him about it. He'll probably ask her something that leads up to her backstory about why she was following him around to explain that it wasn't because she was interested in him, but that she was assigned to him.

I'm of the opinion that she was simply his bodyguard. That she was assigned to personally guard him without him knowing. He thought she followed him because she was interested, but (in my theory) she was just following orders.

With how she acted with Lion-O (this is also just a theory) she could have misinterpreted some advise Jaga had given her about how to support him. I don't know for sure. But this is just what I'm thinking.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #2165
cmangund
Quote:
the dark knight rises.
Together with Lion-O! We need to give the poor guy our full support! he's already in total mess.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #2166
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
here's what I hope will happen in the next episode. I hope Cheetara see's how sad Lion-O is with her choice, and she takes him to the side to talk to him about it. He'll probably ask her something that leads up to her backstory about why she was following him around to explain that it wasn't because she was interested in him, but that she was assigned to him.

I'm of the opinion that she was simply his bodyguard. That she was assigned to personally guard him without him knowing. He thought she followed him because she was interested, but (in my theory) she was just following orders.

With how she acted with Lion-O (this is also just a theory) she could have misinterpreted some advise Jaga had given her about how to support him. I don't know for sure. But this is just what I'm thinking.
maybe she was doing both.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2167
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
very true and i highly agree that at times their anger at the situation forces them to say things they probably don't mean. we are all thundercats fans and in the big picture, we all truly support this new series. tygra and liono have both been jerks to each other no doubt and i think the reason might be the lack of a female figure in their upbringing. i thought cheetara's character was supposed to be kind of like the mother figure of the group instead of a love interest for both brothers. this is why i didn't really prefer the love triangle romance approach the writers took. cheetara was supposed to be the ice breaker for both brothers in terms of their rivalry towards each other.
Which is why i think pumyra will be older in this series because she may have to be the mother figure that holds the group together.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2168
cmangund
Quote:
Unless if most of our discussions and theories come to light! Which is likely as we have almost 'attack' this problem from every angle and with the help of writers.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #2169
cmangund
Quote:
Which is why i think pumyra will be older in this series because she may have to be the mother figure that holds the group together.
That can also help with Lion-O/Cheetara connection. She will scold Tygra. Tygra Behave! Or I will smack your butt! chetara you are perfect with Lion-O! Tygra should find someone else.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-01-2012 at 06:38 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #2170
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Unless if most of our discussions and theories come to light! Which is likely as we have almost 'attack' this problem from every angle and with the help of writers.
Yeah I'm definately hoping our theories are right. We need some good news after that last ep.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #2171
Balgus82
Quote:
I don't think Pumyra will stay with the group full time. In an interview they said she will "have a few episodes dedicated to her."

Personally I hope she's just a year or two younger than Lion-O. like 15 or 16. I don't think we need another full adult like Panthro in the group.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #2172
stormbringer
Quote:
Their going to need someone to help stabilize this situation.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #2173
cmangund
Quote:
Yeah I'm definately hoping our theories are right. We need some good news after that last ep.
I am certain, or like you said the show will not run as long as anticipated and as with my current survey result for the hardcore Lion-O/Cheetara fans, ain't looking too good I am afraid, it gets worst with every respond.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #2174
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
liono will eventually get over it and the way i see it can't get any worse for him. his father is dead, kingdom destroyed, an ancient evil wants his head. liono's journey is one of solitude and pain and he should realize that there are more disappointments coming his way. he has so much to do to be worrying about love and his brother. he has a huge burden to carry and the fate of the world is on his shoulders. he really doesn't need affection from someone clouding his judgement and if i was liono i'll just accept tygra being with cheetara. tygra probably doesn't understand the severity of the hellish path that his little brother is destined to walk in. the life of a hero isn't a pleasant one and liono should understand that and should focus on nothing but his task at hand.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #2175
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
another story; tygra finds out lion-o and cheetara are together and finds lion-o. He then beats him badly and slaps cheetara hard. when batman grabs tygras fist and breaks it. he then grabs him and grappels up.batman asks tygra questions and gets snarly answers.batman grabs tygra , glides down and holdin him by his head shows him lion-o. And then says look what you've done. how do you think they feel. HUH! it was then tygra realized how he acted. then tygra apologizesand leaves. It was batman who changed tygras attitude. why cuz he's the mother*@#$(^% BATMAN
Old 01-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #2176
Balgus82
Quote:
liono will eventually get over it and the way i see it can't get any worse for him. his father is dead, kingdom destroyed, an ancient evil wants his head. liono's journey is one of solitude and pain and he should realize that there are more disappointments coming his way. he has so much to do to be worrying about love and his brother. he has a huge burden to carry and the fate of the world is on his shoulders. he really doesn't need affection from someone clouding his judgement and if i was liono i'll just accept tygra being with cheetara. tygra probably doesn't understand the severity of the hellish path that his little brother is destined to walk in. the life of a hero isn't a pleasant one and liono should understand that and should focus on nothing but his task at hand.
I don't necessarily think Lion-O should focus on his mission to the exclusion of everything else. We've seen what happens when he does that in Ramlak Rising. If Lion-O gets that focused on the mission he'll loose himself and possibly what makes him worthy of the sword.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #2177
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I don't think Pumyra will stay with the group full time. In an interview they said she will "have a few episodes dedicated to her."

Personally I hope she's just a year or two younger than Lion-O. like 15 or 16. I don't think we need another full adult like Panthro in the group.
A few episodes dedicated to her is more episodes than what most of the main characters have dedicated to them right now. So if she doesn't stay with them she has to somehow make a big impact on them which is why i think she will be older but still younger than panthro
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #2178
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
I am certain, or like you said the show will not run as long as anticipated and as with my current survey result for the hardcore Lion-O/Cheetara fans, ain't looking too good I am afraid, it gets worst with every respond.
it does but if the writers want to keep viewers, they will fix this.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #2179
cmangund
Quote:
Cheetara can't help tygra. She is going to have to work with lion-o.

The whole has nothing to do with cheetara, it is tygra being jealous of lion-o being king.
Agreed. If it was not an illusion, part of the reason she went to Tygra was because she's trying to stabilize the brother's rivalry situation while preventing Tygra's betrayal or "betrayal" despite feelings she has for both bothers. One way to think about it is she will put duty first above feelings, as joining the clerics is always her first objective or main goal in life as we saw in Ep 12. That will also make her a better character for viewers that are seeing her as just a love interest for Lion-O and Tygra. And it will add another layer to her character as Register said about creating a Layered characters.

So knowing her character, she will not hurt Lion-O after she learns about his feelings and she will not hurt Tygra either, so the worst case scenario is they will do a similar triangle like before only this time both brothers have matured and feud less especially about these things and the triangle has evolved.

Of course you can also add the Cheetara SoO Chip theory to the equation too, involving the triangle or not.

Another way to see it , the writers did this sudden triangle scale flip is just to get kissing scenes for Lion-O/Cheetara (proper lip kiss later on) and Tygra/Cheetara to satisfy both fans.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-01-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #2180
stormbringer
Perhaps, Pumyra could be descended from a group of cats that disagreed with the idea of abandoning technology. Lion-o and the others could encounter them, and Pumyra could be keeper of one of the stones of power.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #2181
cmangund
Quote:
Perhaps, Pumyra could be descended from a group of cats that disagreed with the idea of abandoning technology. Lion-o and the others could encounter them, and Pumyra could be keeper of one of the stones of power.
Could be something like that. good thinking! I will just add that to my little scenario of Ep14.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #2182
stormbringer
Quote:
Could be something like that. good thinking! I will just add that to my little scenario of Ep14.
Maybe they could be in a hi-tech floating city like in Stargate or Final Fantasy.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #2183
cmangund
Quote:
Maybe they could be in a hi-tech floating city like in Stargate or Final Fantasy.
WB will just be getting worried about the budget if us the four musketeers are the writers. Sam Register will go
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #2184
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
WB will just be getting worried about the budget if us the four musketeers are the writers. Sam Register will go
you bet
Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #2185
stormbringer
Quote:
Agreed. If it was not an illusion, part of the reason she went to Tygra was because she's trying to stabilize the brother's rivalry situation while preventing Tygra's betrayal or "betrayal" despite feelings she has for both bothers. One way to think about it is she will put duty first above feelings, as joining the clerics is always her first objective or main goal in life as we saw in Ep 12. That will also make her a better character for viewers that are seeing her as just a love interest for Lion-O and Tygra. And it will add another layer to her character as Register said about creating a Layered characters.

So knowing her character, she will not hurt Lion-O after she learns about his feelings and she will not hurt Tygra either, so the worst case scenario is they will do a similar triangle like before only this time both brothers have matured and feud less especially about these things and the triangle has evolved.

Of course if you can also add the Cheetara SoO Chip theory to the equation too, involving the triangle or not.

Another way to see it , the writers did this sudden triangle scale flip is just to get kissing scenes for Lion-O/Cheetara and Tygra/Cheetara to satisfy both fans.
That's a possibility, of course rather than satisfy both fanbases, they've pretty much driven off a lot of the L/C fans. Should they go with L/C in the coming episodes (which they probably will) a lot of the T/C fans will probably quit watching.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2186
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
we'll be giving tygra therapy and anger managment skills, hooking L/C up, making panthro's arms, getting the kids to Aulldar,and being really damn awesome.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2187
stormbringer
Quote:
Eh, the WB can afford it, especially with The Dark Knight Rises coming in the summer. I'm sure it will make enough money to support a country.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #2188
cmangund
Quote:
That's a possibility, of course rather than satisfy both fanbases, they've pretty much driven off a lot of the L/C fans. Should they go with L/C in the coming episodes (which they probably will) a lot of the T/C fans will probably quit watching.
Of course some of T/C fans will leave, but most will not cause it's in perfect equal scale evolved triangle. Most of us were okay with it right before this dreaded Ep13. Even the TCL board are okay or "okay" with the Lion-O/Cheetarat thing. Now it's similar situation again only this time there is Cheetara/Tygra thing in the equation. knowing WB this could highly be the likely scenario too, so its either the:

1 +1/-1 x Illusions theories + Cheetara SoO Connection(http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../36/#post25947) x Not tied to the triangle + this similar scenario: http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../32/#post25467 = Ep 14 "New Alliances"
OR
2. +1/-1 x Illusions theories + Cheeatara SoO Connection(http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../36/#post25947) x tied to the triangle with Lion-O/Cheetara happening = Ep 14 "New Alliances"

Last edited by cmangund; 01-01-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #2189
cmangund
Quote:
Eh, the WB can afford it, especially with The Dark Knight Rises coming in the summer. I'm sure it will make enough money to support a country.
WB can afford it by their individual project budgets fares greatly. As they made tcats Anime to lower the budget.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #2190
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
10% of the budget will be hot girls.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #2191
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
I know right my movies coming out so they better be grateful
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #2192
stormbringer
Quote:
WB can afford it by their individual project budgets fares greatly. As they made tcats Anime to lower the budget.
Amazing how cheap a company with trillions to spend can be isn't it?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #2193
Balgus82
Quote:
they'd have to do something more severe than that for me to stop watching. though if they had her switch to lion-o in just a couple episodes I'd be pissed because that would be just as out of the blue as her choosing tygra seemed to be and would be a poor reflection on her and just plain bad writing.

if she does end up with lion-o (and im not saying wither she will or she won't) it should be more gradual. stay with tygra a while, then be by herself a while, and then go to lion-o.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #2194
cmangund
Quote:
Amazing how cheap a company with trillions to spend can be isn't it?
I know, the truth is just not logical in normal human brain sense, like Ep 13
Old 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #2195
stormbringer
Quote:
they'd have to do something more severe than that for me to stop watching. though if they had her switch to lion-o in just a couple episodes I'd be pissed because that would be just as out of the blue as her choosing tygra seemed to be and would be a poor reflection on her and just plain bad writing.

if she does end up with lion-o (and im not saying wither she will or she won't) it should be more gradual. stay with tygra a while, then be by herself a while, and then go to lion-o.
Yeah, they do need to work on their pacing better for whatever they plan on doing for their stories in the future.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #2196
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
gentlemen we have to protect this,

Last edited by DarkKnight; 01-20-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #2197
L08e16o
Quote:
you're the one that said if she's not with Lion-O she has no purpose. that is sexist wither it's about a cartoon or not. Tygra's not with Lion-O, Panthro's not with Lion-O, wily kit and kat aren't with Lion-O, Snarf isn't with lion-O. Do they have purposes? are they needed? would you be happy if they were all killed off and Lion-O was the only thundercat left? you must be because according to you if a character isn't paired off with the hero they serve no purpose.

And this has nothing to do with wither or not she chose Tygra. Even if she didn't choose tygra. if she had chosen neither she'd still have a purpose. being someone's girlfriend is not her only purpose in the show.
That is isn't sexist. In the context of the story, male or female, she is tided to lion-o. Her purpose is as cleric first.

What is her purpose if she can't do her first job?

I would be happy if the writers would have stayed course.

If she didn't chose either, than she would be staying true to her purpose as a cleric.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #2198
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
damn lion-o's a lucky S.O.B I want some of that darn it
Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #2199
L08e16o
Quote:
you act like Lion-O is completely incapable of getting over it.
How many people get over someone that meant a lot to them.

As we know, cheetara is the first female that made him feel that way.

He can get over it, but he would be reminded every day when he sees T/C.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #2200
cmangund
Quote:
gentlemen we have to protect this,
Our Main Goal!