TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I know alot of people here have minimal to zero vintage cats so I can understand you guys buying the classics.

However I am wondering if anyone who has vintage cats is planning on buying into this line as well?

I mean I have the original Liono as well as the other original cats but it seems I would be remice not to have the better articulated liono in my display case.

The problem being he doesnt belong with the new figures and hes not vintage so he really is worthy of having a spotlight all his own.

Opinions on this matter?
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
To me, there is nothing wrong with having the vintage as well as the Classics, and displaying them in the same place. It makes for good conversation to anyone interested, and they look really good together. My vintage Thundercats toys were stolen by the ex-wife, so it's kind of going in reverse to me. I have the Bandai SDCC Lion-O, regular Lion-O, and Tygra, but no vintage yet. I'm working on getting replacements, but it takes time and money. For my current display, I put the SDCC Lion-O away back in the box, but kept the stand and swords out to use with the regular Lion-O. The regular sword is just way too floppy and the chromed ones look better anyway. When I start getting some vintage back in, they will be diplayed along with the Bandai.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I have a lot of the vintage figures and have been collecting them for a while now, but the new Classics , imo, are a no brainer for new and old collectors. they are simply awesome.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Agreed. Looks like it's going to take longer than expected for me to get any vintage replacements. I was just outbid on eBay and simply cannot go higher than the other bidder. I chose the wrong time to try and get the stuff.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Sesshomaru
Thunder Kitty
I have several vintage figures and I tried displaying them with my classics and the new 6 inches BUT it just don't work. The old ones just don't look right so back they went into storage.
Sesshomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
If I had any vintage/get any vintage, I would/will proudly display them with the new figures. Maybe in a grouping of their own, but definitely in the same display. Much like I display all of my Transformers together, just separated out into different groupings.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
poisoncow
Thunder Kitty
I only have an original Tygra. I've never been able to find a good lot to purchase the original line (didn't want to piece a collection together). So even had I the chance to buy the vintage stuff now I would pass as the new stuff looks better.

Being a Transformers fan I've slowly put all the vintage one's into storage as the Classics have come out. I'm attached to the characters and not the toys themselves.
poisoncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Pounder View Post
I know alot of people here have minimal to zero vintage cats so I can understand you guys buying the classics.

However I am wondering if anyone who has vintage cats is planning on buying into this line as well?
I have the original cats MOC, so I'm not planning on buying classics. I would consider buying the SDCC release tho, mainly b/c of the shiny swords.
For me personally, in most cases, I dont really need a classic if i already own THE classic.

Im mostly collecting the 4" scale d/t assortment and vehicles, just seems that theres more there. On the fence about the new 6" assortment, not really impressed with the paint applications, but would be cool to have all the cats on display when they eventually finish the assortment.

but yeah, my 2 cents
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote