TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #6701
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
TC got me to watch CN again.

I will watch the late anime on Saturday if I am home. Bleach is a little stale.

I like do like durarara though. That is a nice triangle. They do well to flesh out the back grounds of the characters.
I like Bleach, but CN has this thing with Bleach where they'll start a story arc, then STOP it before the resolution. Then they start playing reruns, and THEN they'll start a new arc before finishing the old one.

How did Ichigo get out of Hueco Mundo? I have no idea without looking for spoilers online because they skipped ahead to the frikkin Zampakuto arc.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #6702
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I like Bleach, but CN has this thing with Bleach where they'll start a story arc, then STOP it before the resolution. Then they start playing reruns, and THEN they'll start a new arc before finishing the old one.

How did Ichigo get out of Hueco Mundo? I have no idea without looking for spoilers online because they skipped ahead to the frikkin Zampakuto arc.
Bleach is notorious for taking several episodes for anything significant to happen, and for breaks in the middle of their arcs.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #6703
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
With the murder of Toonami, and Adult Swim being crap except for Saturday, I don't watch much more than Thundercats either on CN. It reminds me of how reality shows have taken over so many channels. Appealing to the lowest common denominator.
Toonami is what got me into anime.

Same here. I watched Bleach once in a while.

They are cheaper to make. OK, you can make fun of me, but I do watch a lot of HGTV, History Channel, and Food Network. I will watch SYFY, I like Merlin, Haven, and a couple of other shows. Hate Wrestling!

Agree.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-16-2012 at 11:28 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #6704
L08e16o
Quote:
Yep when L/C happens, we can expect T/C to be together one day and the next day Cheetara will profess her undying love for Lion-o.
Out of no where. Maybe they will do a flashback where lion-o won her a stuff snaf when they were kids.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-16-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 02-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #6705
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Aburn may have a better memory of "love" than L/C and T/C in the triangle.

I wonder if someone slipped the elephants in there as a hidden dig at Jelenic's memory?
It was Annet. You notice how they didn't follow up about the betrayal. They forgot.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #6706
L08e16o
Quote:

The anime puts fillers in there. I think the manga took a break.

I know he fights Ulquiorra Cifer and he puts a hole in Ichigo's chest, Ichigo turns in to this hollow with great power.

Tell me if the below helps.

After Kenpachi defeats Nnoitra, Coyote Starrk snatches Orihime away. Ichigo tries to stop him, but is unable to do so. Aizen announces via Tenteikūra that Orihime is in the fifth tower and that he is leaving to destroy Karakura Town. Ichigo tells Kenpachi that his duty is to protect his friends and rushes to rescue Orihime. Upon arriving at the base of the tower, he is attacked by the Exequias. However, Renji, Chad and Rukia arrive to fight them so that Ichigo can continue on. Ichigo finds Orihime under the guard of Ulquiorra, who draws his Zanpakutō to fight him.
As his fight with Ulquiorra continues, Orihime shields Ichigo from an attack by Ulquiorra. Menoly Mallia and Loly Aivirrne ambush Orihime. Ichigo tries to help her but is stopped by Ulquiorra. Uryū Ishida arrives and Ichigo orders him to protect Orihime. Ichigo dons his Hollow mask and manages to gain the upper hand against Ulquiorra. Ulquiorra heads to the top of Las Noches and releases his Zanpakutō, Murciélago.[279] Despite surviving his first attack, Ichigo quickly realizes how much more powerful and faster Ulquiorra is. Ulquiorra uses his Cero Oscuras, which overwhelms him. Ulquiorra continues in a series of attacks and questions why Ichigo will give up. Ichigo explains that he always knew that Ulquiorra was stronger, but nothing he sees him do will stop him from fighting. Ulquiorra transforms in a bid to force Ichigo to despair.
Ichigo is completely overwhelmed by Ulquiorra's attacks, but insists that he has no choice but to fight. Orihime arrives to the top of the dome just as Ulquiorra fires a Cero Oscuras through Ichigo's chest, seemingly killing him. Orihime tries to heal him and pleads for Ichigo to help Uryū against Ulquiorra. Hearing Orihime's desperate cry for help, transforms into a Hollow and quickly defeats Ulquiorra. However, he also injures Uryū and while he is distracted, Ulquiorra attacks him again, restoring Ichigo to normal with his injuries healed. Ichigo is shocked to see the devastation he has caused and looks on as Ulquiorra dies.
After recovering slightly from his battle, Ichigo jumps off of the dome and saves Rukia from Yammy. Ichigo lures Yammy away and dons his Hollow mask to attack Yammy. While noting the strange feeling of his altered mask, he is attacked by the recovering Yammy. Ichigo is unable to summon his mask again and is caught by Yammy. However, before the giant Arrancar can do anything else to Ichigo, he is freed by Byakuya and Kenpachi. Byakuya reminds him that protecting Karakura Town is his duty and Mayuri Kurotsuchi opens a Garganta for him and Captain Retsu Unohana to travel to Karakura while the others remain to handle Yammy. On their way through, Unohana explains Aizen's Shikai and says that he is the only one able to defeat him due to having not seen it and that he must maintain that advantage.
En route, Unohana comments on Ichigo's unpolished Ichigo’s skills and realises the extent of Ichigo's potential power. She offers to replenish his energy along the way. Ichigo jumps out of the Garganta and tries to end Aizen in one blow but is blocked by a barrier. Ichigo thinks he should have used his Hollowfication but Aizen, guessing his thoughts says that it would not work and invites him to try. Aizen tries to unnerve Ichigo, but as he begins to waiver, Sajin Komamura appears beside him and tells Ichigo not to be taken in by Aizen's words. He tells that the Shinigami and Visored will not let him see Aizen’s Shikai as they all gather around him.Ichigo is initially reluctant to receive help but following words with his allies Ichigo resolves to trust in his allies and watch for now.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #6707
L08e16o
Will the SS teleport Lion-o where the cats are?

Are the cats walking into a trap?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #6708
stormbringer
Quote:

Quote:
Will the SS teleport Lion-o where the cats are?

Are the cats walking into a trap?
The stone probably will teleport Lion-o to the others, so he can make a dramatic return/rescue of them.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #6709
L08e16o
Quote:
The stone probably will teleport Lion-o to the others, so he can make a dramatic return/rescue of them.
Where was it teleporting the elephants? I still didn't understand that part?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #6710
Balgus82
Quote:
The anime puts fillers in there. I think the manga took a break.

I know he fights Ulquiorra Cifer and he puts a hole in Ichigo's chest, Ichigo turns in to this hollow with great power.

Tell me if the below helps.

After Kenpachi defeats Nnoitra, Coyote Starrk snatches Orihime away. Ichigo tries to stop him, but is unable to do so. Aizen announces via Tenteikūra that Orihime is in the fifth tower and that he is leaving to destroy Karakura Town. Ichigo tells Kenpachi that his duty is to protect his friends and rushes to rescue Orihime. Upon arriving at the base of the tower, he is attacked by the Exequias. However, Renji, Chad and Rukia arrive to fight them so that Ichigo can continue on. Ichigo finds Orihime under the guard of Ulquiorra, who draws his Zanpakutō to fight him.
As his fight with Ulquiorra continues, Orihime shields Ichigo from an attack by Ulquiorra. Menoly Mallia and Loly Aivirrne ambush Orihime. Ichigo tries to help her but is stopped by Ulquiorra. Uryū Ishida arrives and Ichigo orders him to protect Orihime. Ichigo dons his Hollow mask and manages to gain the upper hand against Ulquiorra. Ulquiorra heads to the top of Las Noches and releases his Zanpakutō, Murciélago.[279] Despite surviving his first attack, Ichigo quickly realizes how much more powerful and faster Ulquiorra is. Ulquiorra uses his Cero Oscuras, which overwhelms him. Ulquiorra continues in a series of attacks and questions why Ichigo will give up. Ichigo explains that he always knew that Ulquiorra was stronger, but nothing he sees him do will stop him from fighting. Ulquiorra transforms in a bid to force Ichigo to despair.
Ichigo is completely overwhelmed by Ulquiorra's attacks, but insists that he has no choice but to fight. Orihime arrives to the top of the dome just as Ulquiorra fires a Cero Oscuras through Ichigo's chest, seemingly killing him. Orihime tries to heal him and pleads for Ichigo to help Uryū against Ulquiorra. Hearing Orihime's desperate cry for help, transforms into a Hollow and quickly defeats Ulquiorra. However, he also injures Uryū and while he is distracted, Ulquiorra attacks him again, restoring Ichigo to normal with his injuries healed. Ichigo is shocked to see the devastation he has caused and looks on as Ulquiorra dies.
After recovering slightly from his battle, Ichigo jumps off of the dome and saves Rukia from Yammy. Ichigo lures Yammy away and dons his Hollow mask to attack Yammy. While noting the strange feeling of his altered mask, he is attacked by the recovering Yammy. Ichigo is unable to summon his mask again and is caught by Yammy. However, before the giant Arrancar can do anything else to Ichigo, he is freed by Byakuya and Kenpachi. Byakuya reminds him that protecting Karakura Town is his duty and Mayuri Kurotsuchi opens a Garganta for him and Captain Retsu Unohana to travel to Karakura while the others remain to handle Yammy. On their way through, Unohana explains Aizen's Shikai and says that he is the only one able to defeat him due to having not seen it and that he must maintain that advantage.
En route, Unohana comments on Ichigo's unpolished Ichigo’s skills and realises the extent of Ichigo's potential power. She offers to replenish his energy along the way. Ichigo jumps out of the Garganta and tries to end Aizen in one blow but is blocked by a barrier. Ichigo thinks he should have used his Hollowfication but Aizen, guessing his thoughts says that it would not work and invites him to try. Aizen tries to unnerve Ichigo, but as he begins to waiver, Sajin Komamura appears beside him and tells Ichigo not to be taken in by Aizen's words. He tells that the Shinigami and Visored will not let him see Aizen’s Shikai as they all gather around him.Ichigo is initially reluctant to receive help but following words with his allies Ichigo resolves to trust in his allies and watch for now.

thanks. they never showed the end of the battle with Ulquiorra, they just jumped to the battle in the town, and then jumped again later to the Zampakuto arc.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #6711
stormbringer
Quote:
Where was it teleporting the elephants? I still didn't understand that part?
Maybe it sent them to the AP. Of course if the stone sends people wherever they want to go, that could be a problem for someone with the elephants memory.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #6712
L08e16o
Quote:
thanks. they never showed the end of the battle with Ulquiorra, they just jumped to the battle in the town, and then jumped again later to the Zampakuto arc.
It seems like they don't respect the cartoons that are not theirs.

Maybe that is why TC is getting delayed.

They made fun of Big O fans and Inuyasha fans.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #6713
L08e16o
Quote:
Maybe it sent them to the AP. Of course if the stone sends people wherever they want to go, that could be a problem for someone with the elephants memory.
But why would they go there? Were the elephants connected the spirit world?

They didn't need anything to enter what ever realm they were in.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #6714
Balgus82
I remember the crew saying on the tumblr site that the elephants didn't go into the AP.

Though they never actually said where they DID go. So who knows?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #6715
L08e16o
Quote:
I remember the crew saying on the tumblr site that the elephants didn't go into the AP.

Though they never actually said where they DID go. So who knows?
Thanks.

So there must be some thing more to the spirit stone. Maybe they didn't say anything, because it is a spoiler. I hope.

I just don't like when writers put something out there and then don't go back and explain it.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #6716
stormbringer
Quote:
Thanks.

So there must be some thing more to the spirit stone. Maybe they didn't say anything, because it is a spoiler. I hope.

I just don't like when writers put something out there and then don't go back and explain it.
Not explaining things properly is a big problem for these writers (T/C), but like I said maybe the stone teleports people wherever they want to go?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #6717
L08e16o
Quote:
Not explaining things properly is a big problem for these writers (T/C), but like I said maybe the stone teleports people wherever they want to go?
The two follow ups I want to know about is the Annet's prediction (betrayal) and where did they go and why did they go?

Could this be where Annet got his power to sense other people and to make predictions?

That is what I am thinking, it can take you where you want to go.

I wonder if it would allow lion-o to move around in spirit form?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #6718
stormbringer
Quote:
The two follow ups I want to know about is the Annet's prediction (betrayal) and where did they go and why did they go?

Could this be where Annet got his power to sense other people and to make predictions?

That is what I am thinking, it can take you where you want to go.

I wonder if it would allow lion-o to move around in spirit form?
Would that make Lion-o similar to OS Jaga? Perhaps the elephants left because Annet predicted a coming catastrophe?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #6719
L08e16o
Quote:
Would that make Lion-o similar to OS Jaga? Perhaps the elephants left because Annet predicted a coming catastrophe?
Maybe they sense the real evil, Snarf.

I am trying to think what the stone does.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #6720
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe they sense the real evil, Snarf.

I am trying to think what the stone does.
Well, the Warstone seems to have powerful offensive abilities, but it also can give Lion-o visions. So the spirit stone could have other abilities that may not relate to its name.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #6721
L08e16o
Quote:
Well, the Warstone seems to have powerful offensive abilities, but it also can give Lion-o visions. So the spirit stone could have other abilities that may not relate to its name.
Maybe it was the spirit stone that foretold of lion-o.

She if lion-o was smart he would have used the SoO on cheetara, then he would know where he stood with her.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #6722
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe it was the spirit stone that foretold of lion-o.

She if lion-o was smart he would have used the SoO on cheetara, then he would know where he stood with her.
Indeed. Her "special brand of encouraging" Lion-o wouldn't have been able to deceive the SoO.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #6723
L08e16o
Quote:
Indeed. Her "special brand of encouraging" Lion-o wouldn't have been able to deceive the SoO.
Lets him see the bigger picture.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #6724
L08e16o
Quote:
Since the elephants were in harmony with everything, was this affected by the spirit stone.

Will this allow lion-o to see into ones heart and know there motives?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #6725
stormbringer
Quote:
Since the elephants were in harmony with everything, was this affected by the spirit stone.

Will this allow lion-o to see into ones heart and know there motives?
If it does, it could warn him of danger like the SoO did in the OS.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #6726
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Yeah, "just close friends" way of touching...

Cheetara the seductress is the same like the blond, well her dancing skills that is with her "weapon of choice", from DC's catwoman short cartoon, really pushing the PG13 rating

DC Showcase Catwoman - YouTube

Last edited by cmangund; 02-16-2012 at 06:42 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #6727
L08e16o
Quote:
If it does, it could warn him of danger like the SoO did in the OS.
I miss this about the SoO, it would always make that sound.

What happen to some of cheetara's powers?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #6728
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah, "just close friends" way of touching...

Cheetara the seductress is the same like the blond, well her dancing skills that is with her "weapon of choice", from DC's catwoman short cartoon, really pushing the PG13 rating

DC Showcase Catwoman - YouTube

Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #6729
cmangund
Quote:
With Tygra's comment about Cheetara's backside, I think the show is certainly in pg13 territory.
Yeah, next they will make her dance with her "weapon of choice" making Tygra in awe, pathetic.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #6730
stormbringer
Quote:
I miss this about the SoO, it would always make that sound.

What happen to some of cheetara's powers?
It would be cool if we got to see Cheetara's sixth sense and Tygra's mind illusion powers in the NS.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #6731
L08e16o
Quote:
It would be cool if we got to see Cheetara's sixth sense and Tygra's mind illusion powers in the NS.
He did use it to create the SoO.

There is more to cheetara, there has to be.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #6732
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah, next they will make her dance with her "weapon of choice" making Tygra in awe, pathetic.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #6733
cmangund
Quote:
You know they won't go there.
Yeah the boss will not allow it. Dan, Spaulding and Jelenic are all diehard Tygra fans, at least on three intreviews (if I am right)kept on mentioning how they tried to upstage Tygra. But never said anything of upstaging Lion-O. If there's no WB boss we are doomed of not having L/C moments at all.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #6734
stormbringer
Quote:
He did use it to create the SoO.

There is more to cheetara, there has to be.
You know if Tygra and Cheetara ever got into a lovers spat, and unleashed their powers, everybody better get out of the way!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #6735
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah the boss will not allow it. Dan, Spaulding and Jelenic are all diehard Tygra fans, at least on three intreviews (if I am right)kept on mentioning how they tried to upstage Tygra. But never said anything of upstaging Lion-O. If there's no WB boss we are doomed of not having L/C moments at all.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #6736
L08e16o
Quote:

If that is not upstaging him, then I don't know what is.

The way they have given lion-o so much screen time, I think they are more lion-o fans.

I think if you did a poll, most fans would complain about Lion-o getting 90% of the screen time.

The comics is different, that person hated lion-o.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #6737
L08e16o
Quote:
You know if Tygra and Cheetara ever got into a lovers spat, and unleashed their powers, everybody better get out of the way!
I think Panthro would come in and knock them out. He would probably say "I am tired of this s**t".
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #6738
L08e16o
Quote:
Well on the brightside, the way things are going, the show will probably get canned before too much longer anyway, what with their alienating large groups of fans and all.
Well, I won't watch 14. I will watch 15.

They have lost fans though. I think they will loose more whent they see lion-o dies and what pushed him to do that.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #6739
cmangund
Quote:
I think if they were tygra fans, this story wouldn't be about lion-o. They did upstage tygra. He is better than lion-o in everything. He has cheetara and the crown. He will have the SoO soon.

If that is not upstaging him, then I don't know what is.

The way they have given lion-o so much screen time, I think they are more lion-o fans.

I think if you did a poll, most fans would complain about Lion-o getting 90% of the screen time.

The comics is different, that person hated lion-o.
Upstaging Lion-O in Jelenic and crew's little twisted mind, with their subconscious and large devils hailing Tygra,Tygra and their little angels telling them no,no Lion-O is the true hero.

If you do the polls on TCL no doubt will be 200% complaining Lion-O getting too much sceen time But yes I see your points on the polls.

What Jelenic and the crew did and the comics were both approaching really dangerous level of T/C and Tygra.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #6740
cmangund
Quote:
Well on the brightside, the way things are going, the show will probably get canned before too much longer anyway, what with their alienating large groups of fans and all.
Yeah. The are "killing" lots of Thunderdads, for sure.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #6741
L08e16o
Quote:
Upstaging Lion-O in Jelenic and crew's little twisted mind, with their subconscious and large devils hailing Tygra,Tygra and their little angels telling them no,no Lion-O is the true hero.

If you do the polls on TCL no doubt will be 200% complaining Lion-O getting too much sceen time But yes I see your points on the polls.

What Jelenic and the crew did and the comics were both approaching really dangerous level of T/C and Tygra.

Comics are one thing.

They said they would make it tough for lion-o and they are holding to that.

I think legacy was showing how it will end, but this is the long route to get there.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #6742
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah. The are "killing" lots of Thunderdads, for sure.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #6743
cmangund
Quote:
They would want lion-o dead the rest of the season.

Comics are one thing.

They said they would make it tough for lion-o and they are holding to that.

I think legacy was showing how it will end, but this is the long route to get there.
Damn the devils. We need to call in more Angels to help us fight the devils.
It's clear now, why Tygra's Va said Tygra came from a very dark place. Tygra is the evil incarnate of the devil prince himself and Cheetara the devil queen herself.

Yeah Legacy, showed the long, treacherous and frustrating journey of L/C.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #6744
L08e16o
Quote:
It's clear now, why Tygra's Va said Tygra came from a very dark place. Tygra is the evil incarnate of the devil prince himself and Cheetara the devil queen herself.

Snarf probably pushed lion-o into the river.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #6745
cmangund
Quote:
Every TC dad I know has no interest. They would be really PO to find out lion-o died.
When they will start to air the next Eps here, more and more Thunderdads and L/C fans will POed, no doubt. Until only Tygra and T/C fans remain.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #6746
stormbringer
Quote:

Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #6747
L08e16o
Quote:
When they will start to air the next Eps here, more and more Thunderdads and L/C fans will POed, no doubt. Until only Tygra and T/C fans remain.

I couldn't finish voltron, I kept falling a sleep.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #6748
L08e16o
Quote:
The comics even gave T/C a couple of kids. I have no doubt Jelenic would do the same,thing if his bosses let him.
What happen to lion-o in the end?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #6749
stormbringer
Quote:

Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #6750
stormbringer
Quote:
What happen to lion-o in the end?
Lion-o was still lord, but he was single.