TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #1751
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Yeah I think they will show it from Cheetara's angle first like Jelenic said then move on to Lion-O's angle then keep on developing until at the end of season 1 EP 26 the make out kiss
I good with that. As long as we know cheetara's real feelings.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #1752
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah, if you remove all the other hairy factors of the equation, and make it as the simplest basic form of the equation, that's how you see it. Darn I just wish those hairy factors including X-factors of the equation are not there. and make it to just:

L+C=Total Match, rather than
(L*(A^B^E)+C*(A^B^E)+T(A^B^E) )/(W(A^B^E)+P(A^B^E))= Love Triangle

W= Writers of the show
P= Produceers of the show
A,B,E= Personalities of the characters, X-factors and similar factors, What kind of situations will the writers and producers put those 3 in the show.
That is great!!!

The wait is what is killing us.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #1753
L08e16o
Quote:
Last time I checked on CN they have only until January 01
7:30a "Old Friends". Other show like Star Wars Clone Wars they have schedule for until January 07. So maybe we will get "New Alliances" January 6 2012?
What is up with that.

Why such a long wait?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #1754
ThundercatsRules
Thunder Kitty
IF they kiss I'll be releaved
ThundercatsRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #1755
L08e16o
Quote:
Made me think if they ever going to show Lion-O's mother. If L08e16o's SoO Theory was right then we may see his mother in Ep14. what if his mother was a Cheetah and not a Lion? Maybe his mother's personality was like Cheetara, if she was a Cheetah? Didn't you have discussions about this with Hollowdheart if I am not mistaken?
I am hoping that lion-os mother was the SoO guardian. The SoO guardian and wielder are married to make the connection to the SoO strong.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #1756
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundercatsRules View Post
Me too!!

I can't see how it can't be L/C, they have a great story line going.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #1757
L08e16o
Quote:
Darn snarf why must you interfere! need to stick it there.
You know that would have been a really hot kiss. They were really into each other.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #1758
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
What is up with that.

Why such a long wait?
I don't know, I checked with my contact at CN, he said no real info yet on when EP 14 will air.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #1759
stormbringer
Why did they have to go on break with ep 13? A T/C fan must have been behind it!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #1760
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Why did they have to go on break with ep 13? A T/C fan must have been behind it!
Originally WB created 26 season1 episodes, those 26 episodes pratically finished already, but CN had other plans they wanted 13 Episodes per season. thus this long break. The original Season 1 Finale is EP 26 not EP 13. So storywise still Ep26 the real season1 finale. That's why they dare to take a gamble with Ep 13 with the Thunderdads, because it was not the season 1 finale.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #1761
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally WB created 26 season1 episodes, those 26 episodes pratically finished already, but CN had other plans they wanted 13 Episodes per season. thus this long break. The original Season 1 Finale is EP 26 not EP 13. So storywise still Ep26 the real season1 finale. That's why they dare to take a gamble with Ep 13 with the Thunderdads, because it was not the season 1 finale.
Pretty risky on their parts. For their sakes, the next couple of episodes are going to have to turn everything around.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #1762
cmangund
Quote:
Pretty risky on their parts. For their sakes, the next couple of episodes are going to have to turn everything around.
Yeah I think they know of the Thunderdads roaring power. Because Ep13 was supposed to be just one of those regular episodes, with no breaks between Ep 13 to Ep 14.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #1763
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundercatsRules View Post
Yeah, at least they should give us the kissing scene first, hooking up officially later it's fine.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #1764
cmangund
Quote:
You know that would have been a really hot kiss. They were really into each other.
But alas they have to push it down for later episode(hopefully), darn it!

Last edited by cmangund; 12-25-2011 at 01:44 AM..
Old 12-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #1765
stormbringer
Quote:
They'd better not take too long, the ratings won't be pretty.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #1766
cmangund
Quote:
They'd better not take too long, the ratings won't be pretty.
Yeah, CN should just stop at EP 12 instead of EP 13, if they're going to do this chopping. A lot of my friends including my brother are Lion-O/Cheetara fans and they already lost interest of the show.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #1767
stormbringer
Quote:
Yeah, CN should just stop at EP 12 instead of EP 13, if they're going to do this chopping. A lot of my friends including my brother are Lion-O/Cheetara fans and they already lost interest of the show.
I guess they wanted to go out on a dramatic cliffhanger, but they hadn't anticipated the backlash.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #1768
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
question?...say cheetara does really have deep feelings for liono and she pulls another 180 from tygra to liono, what does that make her character?
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #1769
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
question?...say cheetara does really have deep feelings for liono and she pulls another 180 from tygra to liono, what does that make her character?
Considering the ending of EP 13 was real and taking into account all facts and data:

CASE A (If Cheetara's dialogue was not meant to trick the viewers):

In all of my scenario, I make the triangle an open triangle (it can be done too in a close triangle only harder, like the scenario I posted back in the pages of this thread if T/C is running), to facilitate Cheetara's character. In order for Cheetara to properly be with Lion-O without being OOC, is Tygra should except it properly first, slowly by seeing Lion-O/Cheetara are compatible with each other. The key here is in what situation will the writers put those 3 in. Either way the easiest route without making any of them OOC is by making it an open triangle first, only this time the brothers are already maturing and starting to feud less about these things. Making Lion-O mortally wounded will help Tygra realize it faster, as he almost looses his brother again for the third time because of this triangle/jealosy.

From Cheetara's side she will be in a situation where she cannot choose between the brothers deep feelings or not for Lion-O (or/both) Tygra. But Cheetara has a lot more chemistry(Ep1-12) to Lion-O then Tygra, this will make Tygra realize it, as his mind is logical when it is right. Slowly he will see this and maybe after around EP 26 or more(could be faster) he will finally say it to Cheetara that if she chooses Lion-O, he will be okay with it. This will flip the ever changing triangle sclale to Lion-O again and she will not hurt Tygra, she already past the highest good point, so she will be with Lion-O properly.

CASE B (If Cheetara's dialogue was meant to trick the viewers):

then that won't be a big problem as Cheetara already chooses Lion-O and explain it to Tygra after the thank you kiss, Tygra will except it with resentment of course. But Lion-O did not know this. But after he learned about this, things will go better for Lion-O and Cheetara, and no OOC for either characters. since Tygra already okay with it, Cheetara already past the highest good point, in the ever changing triangle scale.

*Either way, open or close triangle cheetara has more chemistry/interaction duty or no to Lion-O, so all angle will point to the Lion-O/Cheetara, the question is just how long will the road be, that depends on the situations the writers will put those 3 in.
Should the writers make Pumyra attracted to Tygra and vice versa or Lion-O or both Lion-O and Tygra, this will make it faster for Cheetara/Lion-O to happen properly.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-25-2011 at 09:01 PM..
Old 12-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #1770
stormbringer
Quote:
There's definately a risk of her not looking very good, which is probably why so many of us have come up with theories,such as the T/C kiss being an illusion, Mumm-ra being disguised as Cheetara, Mumm-ra mind controlling her, cloning her etc.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:08 AM   #1771
cmangund
Darn it! if I am one of the writers of this show, I"ll just fix this already and continue on with the story. Already analyzing too deep to Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra Triangle and characters, using illusion theory or no.

The fastest way is just to remove Tygra from the equation,maybe he will go MIA and return after Lion-O/Cheetara have royal kittens.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:55 AM   #1772
cmangund
Quote:
I guess they wanted to go out on a dramatic cliffhanger, but they hadn't anticipated the backlash.
If you look at the facts and data, it points to Lion-O/Cheetara as their master plan. If CN hadn't cut this to 13 EP per season with this long break and go as originally planned which is full 26 episodes Season 1, then this dramatic cliffhanger won't be that much of a problem to the viewers, should Lion-O/Cheetara is indeed their master plan. So CN is definetly the main culprit of the backlash here.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #1773
L08e16o
Quote:
Agreed.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #1774
L08e16o
Quote:
You're rigth.

That would be to soon. It is like the writers are building it so the viewers want to see them kiss more and more.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #1775
L08e16o
Quote:
Depends how you interpet the kiss to tygra. The kiss to me was a thank you for what he did (flower).

She didn't say I chose you or I will make my feelings more clear for you.

If she said I should have made my feelings more clear, wouldn't she just kiss him then. That would have left no gray areas.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1776
L08e16o
Quote:
Considering the ending of EP 13 was real and taking into account all facts and data:

CASE A (If Cheetara's dialogue was not meant to trick the viewers):

In all of my scenario, I make the triangle an open triangle (it can be done too in a close triangle only harder, like the scenario I posted back in the pages of this thread if T/C is running), to facilitate Cheetara's character. In order for Cheetara to properly be with Lion-O without being OOC, is Tygra should except it properly first, slowly by seeing Lion-O/Cheetara are compatible with each other. The key here is in what situation will the writers put those 3 in. Either way the easiest route without making any of them OOC is by making it an open triangle first, only this time the brothers are already maturing and starting to feud less about these things. Making Lion-O mortally wounded will help Tygra realize it faster, as he almost looses his brother again for the third time because of this triangle/jealosy.

From Cheetara's side she will be in a situation where she cannot choose between the brothers deep feelings or not for Lion-O (or/both) Tygra. But Cheetara has a lot more chemistry(Ep1-12) to Lion-O then Tygra, this will make Tygra realize it, as his mind is logical when it is right. Slowly he will see this and maybe after around EP 26 or more(could be faster) he will finally say it to Cheetara that if she chooses Lion-O, he will be okay with it. This will flip the ever changing triangle sclale to Lion-O again and she will not hurt Tygra, she already past the highest good point, so she will be with Lion-O properly.

CASE B (If Cheetara's dialogue was meant to trick the viewers):

then that won't be a big problem as Cheetara already chooses Lion-O and explain it to Tygra after the thank you kiss, Tygra will except it with resentment of course. But Lion-O did not know this. But after he learned about this, things will go better for Lion-O and Cheetara, and no OOC for either characters. since Tygra already okay with it, Cheetara already past the highest good point, in the ever changing triangle scale.

*Either way, open or close triangle cheetara has more chemistry/interaction duty or no to Lion-O, so all angle will point to the Lion-O/Cheetara, the question is just how long will the road be, that depends on the situations the writers will put those 3 in.
Should the writers make Pumyra attracted to Tygra and vice versa, this will make it faster for Cheetara/Lion-O to happen properly.
B sounds logical.

It was to open ended. There were so many ways to make cheetara say it is you tygra, but they didn't.

I chose a long time ago is also key. What did she chose?
Old 12-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #1777
L08e16o
Quote:
There's definately a risk of her not looking very good, which is probably why so many of us have come up with theories,such as the T/C kiss being an illusion, Mumm-ra being disguised as Cheetara, Mumm-ra mind controlling her, cloning her etc.
Agreed.

Only way I can see it not being rushed or bad writing is she was thanking him and trying to stop him from betraying lion-o.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #1778
L08e16o
Quote:
Darn it! if I am one of the writers of this show, I"ll just fix this already and continue on with the story. Already analyzing too deep to Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra Triangle and characters, using illusion theory or no.

The fastest way is just to remove Tygra from the equation,maybe he will go MIA and return after Lion-O/Cheetara have royal kittens.
That is why I hope they can close it with L/C after trails 2. Then they can make out in E26.

I want to get back to the story.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #1779
L08e16o
Quote:
If you look at the facts and data, it points to Lion-O/Cheetara as their master plan. If CN hadn't cut this to 13 EP per season with this long break and go as originally planned which is full 26 episodes Season 1, then this dramatic cliffhanger won't be that much of a problem to the viewers, should Lion-O/Cheetara is indeed their master plan. So CN is definetly the main culprit of the backlash here.
100% correct.

All the clues point to L/C is their master plan.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #1780
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
100% correct.

All the clues point to L/C is their master plan.
if it is the case that cheetara chose liono, then the producers are just playing games with the viewers mind. im so anxious to find out what happens on the next episode, and if the ending is real or not. depending on the way liono's character will be handled after that dreadful episode, will pretty much determine whether we all tune in for the rest of the series. this is why i hate having romance in most action/adventure cartoons. i wish they would have followed the same path Avatar TLA took in developing the main hero/heroine romance. im tired of being distracted from the main story by the love triangle in this show. i think it really has hurt the character development of liono and cheetara.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #1781
cmangund
Quote:
if it is the case that cheetara chose liono, then the producers are just playing games with the viewers mind. im so anxious to find out what happens on the next episode, and if the ending is real or not. depending on the way liono's character will be handled after that dreadful episode, will pretty much determine whether we all tune in for the rest of the series. this is why i hate having romance in most action/adventure cartoons. i wish they would have followed the same path Avatar TLA took in developing the main hero/heroine romance. im tired of being distracted from the main story by the love triangle in this show. i think it really has hurt the character development of liono and cheetara.
I know, this triangle really eating us all up. Personally I don't think the writer will "damage" Lion-O and Cheetara character any further, as It's clear that Cheetara as a character in this show is written to be more compatible with Lion-O, all of my writer friends saw that. This is just too add drama or to make Lion-O really realizes her feelings for Cheetara, and grow up as a character.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #1782
cmangund
Quote:
B sounds logical.

It was to open ended. There were so many ways to make cheetara say it is you tygra, but they didn't.

I chose a long time ago is also key. What did she chose?
Cheetara SoO Connection Theories(derived from almost everyone’s views and opinions on this thread):

If the actual truth is she choose the one that is worthy of holding the sword of omen not specifically Lion-O or Tygra thus her vague dialogue at the end of EP13 (so not the sword itself that chooses its worthy wielder but it has to be both the sword and its guardian. Maybe Jaga put a spell on Cheetara long ago to be connected with the SoO and has forseen this connection, feelings and duty to Lion-O like darthktempus and others said and/or This can also be tied to Cheetara's original clan, maybe she's a direct descendant from the race that act as the guardian of the sword the first time.) . If she is connected that deep with the sword (as seen in Ep6 where her eyes were glowing when Lion-O uses the full power of the sword and when she says to Lion-O I know the reason why the sword has choosen him). This way Tygra or Lion-O cannot do anything about it, because its destiny/fate that she chooses Lion-O and has to be with him for the sword to work properly as L08e16o and others said, because of his heart and the worthy wilder of the sword of omens despite she has equal feelings for both Lion-O and Tygra. plus she will not be OOC since she already past the highest good point per her voice actress said, and will clear the triangle mess in a good way while tieing it with the core plot. (After thinking more on L08e16o SoO theory)

In Claudus's case, he has been using the SoO for so long, that eventough the guardian of the sword was no more he can still use it's full power. (the guardian before cheetara could be Lion-O's mom as L08e16o SoO theory said)

In Leo' case the sword may not been given a spell to "choose" who is
worthy yet, as it was made only for Leo and in an "emergency" situation.

Taking into account all facts + data, This will also not kill either development, character development, scenes, including the dreaded EP13 ending scene. And since basically Cheetara chooses neither Lion-O or Tygra, fans cannot do anything to except the fact that SoO rules everything. And I think the writers been trapping us with this choosing thing. This complies with Jelenic comments "we didn't want to drag things out for the sake of dragging them out. At the same time, we wanted to give each moment it's proper due as part of building that sense of epic". Illusion or no, I think the reason we got the Tygra/Cheetara ending in EP13 I was to provide closure to that flower thing,("....to give each moment it's proper due") and that comment also applies to the Lion-O/Cheetara moments from Ep1-Ep12 that they haven't given us a proper due (that proper due cannot be just friends or brother/sister thing as it will conflict heavily with all of his and the rest of the crew's comments and facts + data , and not a proper due if that's the case.). Beside to piss most of us off, And they wanted to make an unorthodox solution to the triangle for the next couple episodes, since Cheetara will put duty above feelings in this case.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-29-2011 at 08:35 AM..
Old 12-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #1783
stormbringer
Quote:
What if the actual truth is she choose the one that is worthy of holding the sword of omen (so not the sword itself that chooses its worthy wielder but it has to be both the sword and its guardian. Maybe Jaga put a spell on Cheetara long ago to be connected with the SoO and has forseen this connection, feelings and duty to Lion-O like darthktempus and others said) not specificaly Lion-O or Tygra, if she is connected that deep with the sword (as seen in Ep6 where her eyes were glowing when Lion-O uses the full power of the sword). This way Tygra or Lion-O cannot do anything about it, because its destiny/fate that she chooses Lion-O and has to be with him for the sword to work properly as L08e16o and others said, because of his heart and the worthy wilder of the sword of omens despite she has feelings for both Lion-O and Tygra. plus she will not be OOC since she already past the highest good point per her voice actress said, and will clear the triangle mess in a good way while tieing it with the core plot. (After thinking more on L08e16o SoO theory)
Hey, does that mean that the love of Cheetara's life is the sword of omens? Will Tygra try to dispose of the sword to remove the competition? lol.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #1784
cmangund
Quote:
Hey, does that mean that the love of Cheetara's life is the sword of omens? Will Tygra try to dispose of the sword to remove the competition? lol.
Yes I think that is it. So it just happens she has feelings for both Tygra and Lion-O. It adds up. her "true love" is actually the SoO. That's why she only said you right I did choose years ago, but did not say Lion-O or Tygra. That's part of the reason the crew cannot answer when asked about cheetara, because she has feelings for both brothers but duty is always her main goal. The writers really pulling tricks on us I think.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-26-2011 at 03:16 AM..
Old 12-26-2011, 03:04 AM   #1785
cmangund
So looks like Panthro and Cheetara have some similarity:

Panthro/thundertank and Cheetara/SwordOfOmens

So with cheetara will be: Lion-O/Cheetara/SoO.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:03 AM   #1786
cmangund
I am doing this little Lion-O/Cheetara fans survey(I'll post it here to get more results):

Q1: What made you interested with this Lion-O/Cheetara Pairing?
Q2: How do you see them as a couple?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #1787
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I am doing this little Lion-O/Cheetara fans survey(I'll post it here to get more results):

Thanks
Q1: it's funny at first i was not interested in any romance they were gonna have on this new series. then on the first episode i noticed the chemistry between liono and cheetara. even though i wasn't still on board with this ship as they say, i approved their interaction. as i kept tuning in for episodes each week, i kept noticing they writers wanted to take their interaction with each other to another level. it was something i didn't expect to be of importance to the main story arc. the reason i usually don't like romance in an action/adventure cartoon is because at least 7 times out of 10, the development for the romance is rushed or doesn't make much sense to the viewers. however, in this new series i was proven wrong. they pace the were going with liono and cheetara was to me the right pace. they writers weren't forcing it on us nor did they rush it. they were slowly giving us hints and little meaningful interactions between the two. the next thing i knew, i was rooting for those two even if i didn't want to have romance in this series.

Q2: they reason i see them as a couple is because, it fits or it works for the story and the direction they were taking it. you have your young prince whose kingdom was destroyed, father slain, his people slaughtered by an ancient prophesied evil. he is supposed to somehow unite all the species on third earth against this great evil. then we have cheetara the cleric or should i say the special bodyguard/adviser to the king. her duty is to serve her king as she was trained to do so. in the circumstances they are in, especially liono, he has the biggest responsibility of all compared to his fellow cats. the weight of the world is on his shoulders and from what we know of the liono as of now, he is not ready or does he know much of what to do. this tend to result in him not believing in himself and doubting whether he has the ability to carry out this heavy burden. cheetara's role was very critical to the king in the sense that she had to make sure her king had the support and advice he needed to help him in his quest. to me this was a good recipe for great romance for this genre however cliche it may have seemed. i was thinking to myself that this really can work and i had hoped nothing would come between this development. before this series started, i never even knew that there was going to be a new thundercats series. so then i started researching to find more info on this new series and i did find some. there was one in particular that bothered me and it was an interview with one of the producers and he/she had mentioned something about there being a love triangle between liono/cheetara/tygra. in most love triangles involving the main protagonist in animes or cartoon series, they tend to work against the main character. then came episode 13 and my worst nightmare had came true at the end of the episode. it was as if i was blindsided by a horse and the worst part of the tygra/cheetara thing is that they writers used just two episodes to establish some kind of romance between the two. the look on liono's face was the same look i had while watching that dreadful scene. (guys sorry for ranting once again)
Old 12-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1788
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Q1: Wasn't interested in the pairing but thats the way the story seemed to progress so i was like umm okay Q:2 I don't see them really being a couple. They may interact but as a couple its too early in the story to tell
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #1789
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
If he does and the eye awakens while he is trying to he'll be having lunch with captain tygus for sure
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #1790
cmangund
Quote:
Q1: it's funny at first i was not interested in any romance they were gonna have on this new series. then on the first episode i noticed the chemistry between liono and cheetara. even though i wasn't still on board with this ship as they say, i approved their interaction. as i kept tuning in for episodes each week, i kept noticing they writers wanted to take their interaction with each other to another level. it was something i didn't expect to be of importance to the main story arc. the reason i usually don't like romance in an action/adventure cartoon is because at least 7 times out of 10, the development for the romance is rushed or doesn't make much sense to the viewers. however, in this new series i was proven wrong. they pace the were going with liono and cheetara was to me the right pace. they writers weren't forcing it on us nor did they rush it. they were slowly giving us hints and little meaningful interactions between the two. the next thing i knew, i was rooting for those two even if i didn't want to have romance in this series.

Q2: they reason i see them as a couple is because, it fits or it works for the story and the direction they were taking it. you have your young prince whose kingdom was destroyed, father slain, his people slaughtered by an ancient prophesied evil. he is supposed to somehow unite all the species on third earth against this great evil. then we have cheetara the cleric or should i say the special bodyguard/adviser to the king. her duty is to serve her king as she was trained to do so. in the circumstances they are in, especially liono, he has the biggest responsibility of all compared to his fellow cats. the weight of the world is on his shoulders and from what we know of the liono as of now, he is not ready or does he know much of what to do. this tend to result in him not believing in himself and doubting whether he has the ability to carry out this heavy burden. cheetara's role was very critical to the king in the sense that she had to make sure her king had the support and advice he needed to help him in his quest. to me this was a good recipe for great romance for this genre however cliche it may have seemed. i was thinking to myself that this really can work and i had hoped nothing would come between this development. before this series started, i never even knew that there was going to be a new thundercats series. so then i started researching to find more info on this new series and i did find some. there was one in particular that bothered me and it was an interview with one of the producers and he/she had mentioned something about there being a love triangle between liono/cheetara/tygra. in most love triangles involving the main protagonist in animes or cartoon series, they tend to work against the main character. then came episode 13 and my worst nightmare had came true at the end of the episode. it was as if i was blindsided by a horse and the worst part of the tygra/cheetara thing is that they writers used just two episodes to establish some kind of romance between the two. the look on liono's face was the same look i had while watching that dreadful scene. (guys sorry for ranting once again)
You know out of 150 emails I sent about this little survey, I got 50 replies so far and 30 out of those 50 replies were either angry and/or disappointed like your answer and will only continue watching the show if they fix this. while the rest 20 were thinking that the writers were pulling some kind of con to surprise us and they were still hoping for Lion-O/Cheetara to happen. I'll see the general consensus after I got more of this little survey.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #1791
stormbringer
Quote:
You know out of 150 emails I sent about this little survey, I got 50 replies so far and 30 out of those 50 replies were either angry and/or disappointed like your answer and will only continue watching the show if they fix this. while the rest 20 were thinking that the writers were pulling some kind of con to surprise us and they were still hoping for Lion-O/Cheetara to happen. I'll see the general consensus after I got more of this little survey.
I definately want to see the results of your survey, then we can see how many more people realize who the REAL couple is on this show.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #1792
cmangund
Quote:
I definately want to see the results of your survey, then we can see how many more people realize who the REAL couple is on this show.
One of those 50 replies came from a WB staff that I know, she is not working with Tcats project but loves the show and she is pissed off.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #1793
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
interesting...i really hope most viewers/fans of the series are displeased by the inconsistency of some of the character development. i just hope season two would tie up the loose end or fix it.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #1794
cmangund
Darn still waiting replies from emails, this survey could take longer then expected. I am sending 50 more across message boards (excluding TCL of course )

Last edited by cmangund; 12-27-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #1795
Balgus82
Quote:
Darn still waiting replies from emails, this survey could take longer then expected. I am sending 50 more across message boards (excluding TCL of course )
so you're taking a survey and purposefully excluding people that will disagree with you? sounds like a fair and impartial survey.

Last edited by Balgus82; 12-28-2011 at 12:09 AM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #1796
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
so you're taking a survey and purposefully excluding people that will disagree with you? sounds like a fair and impartial survey.
Check the survey title above Lion-O/Cheetara fans survey before commenting.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #1797
cmangund
Quote:
Here are the main snippets of Interviews, that I think provide clues on the triangle/relationships directly or indirectly. I will see if I can still get some more:

Jelenic:
- “…we wanted to Potray a classic “Hero’s Journey”
- “…Lion-O interpret a lot of Cheetara’s interest as effection”
- “..Possible romance between Lion-O/Cheetara”
- “..we dont’t give a definitive answer of her following Lion-O around until I think EP 14…”
- Specific on Lion-O/Cheetara thing “ If you invest in the show, with each episode you’ll get more out of it”
- “We are making this with the Thunderdads in mind”
- “A lot of the crew are Thunderdads too”
- The crew said Love is a strong word, that means Lion-O does have feelings for Cheetara but not yet in the love level, that’s why Cheetara’s voice actors said the spark between Lion-O and Cheetara keeps on evolving
- “we like to piss off the fans”
- “Tygra wondering, if he will loose again to Lion-O when it comes to love”
- “ ..and of course the love Triangle between the brothers and Cheetara”

Larry Kenny (the OS Lion-O):
- When the interviewer asked about the spark between Lion-O/Cheetara”Where was that spark between Lion-O and Cheetara when I was Playing Lion-O” then look annoyed “I was years too late” ”But we had launch a couple of times”
- “Fans of the OS have nothing to worry about this new show, they will love it, I am sure”

Cheetara’s Voice Actress:
- When asked about the triangle “Cheetara is a much better person than sancha. Cheetara is at least she is going for the highest good of all those involved, while sancha just stirs up the pot.
-When the interviewer asked about the spark between Lion-O/Cheetara she said”yeah,.. you know it keeps on evolving, it’s hard to say anything without spoiling it, but it’s a good storylineshippy laughs

Sam Register:
- “We wanted to create Characters with layers
- “We have spent a lot of money on this…”
- “We wanted to keep the core and spirit of the story intact like the OS, a Hero’s Journey, Lion-O grows from a boy to a man, becoming king.”

Tygra’s Voice Actor:
- “Tygra came from a very dark place”
Forgot to add one more on Jelenic: "we didn't want to drag things out for the sake of dragging them out. At the same time, we wanted to give each moment it's proper due as part of building that sense of epic"

That means all the Lion-O/Cheetara moments will not be wasted as he also said "......we wanted to give each moment it's proper due". and that proper due cannot be just friends or brother/sister thing as it will conflict heavily with all of his and the rest of the crew's comments and facts + data , and not a proper due if that's the case.

Last edited by cmangund; 12-28-2011 at 02:16 AM..
Old 12-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #1798
Balgus82
Quote:

Thanks
just to throw in a little discussion so everything here isn't as one sided.

At this point in time I'm not really interested in them as a couple.

I think Lion-O still has a lot more growing up to do before he would be compatible with someone like Cheetara. Although I agree the Writers messed up quite a bit by not having more Cheetara/Tygra scenes (the choice did seem to come out of nowhere almost), I believe Cheetara has way more in common with Tygra than Lion-O. For just one example (so I don't make this post a book lol) we know Lion-O was always the one who was kinda a dreamer and a slacker growing up and Tygra was the workaholic. His devotion to what was expected of a prince and Cheetara's devotion to the Clerics run parallel. So they're very like-minded people with both having a strong sense of duty IMO.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #1799
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Hey guys Its me ThundercatsRules. sorry I had alot of trouble with the old account so just made a new one. its still me though.
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #1800
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
Hey guys Its me ThundercatsRules. sorry I had alot of trouble with the old account so just made a new one. its still me though.
Thanks for letting us know