TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
Max1984
Thunder Kitty
I haven't seen any 2012 slithes for sale anywhere online in over a month.

Does anyone think a few years from now that this 2012 slithe will be for thundercats like the 1985 yak face is for star wars toys?

yak face was never sold in the us, only canada and europe before the toy line was cancelled.

and since slithe was never offered at major retailers I begin to wonder how rare and valuable it will become.
Max1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
In today's market, there is nothing truly rare or hard to find.

He will show up in abundance at either Ross, Marshalls or TJ Maxx.
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Yes, I believe there are a lot of him made. The reason you don't see him is once again due to Bandai's stupid collation. Every Slithe is packaged with a Deluxe Lion-O and Deluxe Panthro. Since the Deluxe Lion-O's weren't selling, no retailer wanted even more warming the pegs and no one ordered. It was the same with the Storm Charger which came packaged with a Thundertank. Pretty soon Wal-Marts had Thundertanks all over the place that weren't selling so they stopped ordering those too.

Part of Bandai's problem was their packing collation. Another problem was they should have never made those Deluxe Lion-O, Tygra, or Panthros.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
BTW- I just sold my Deluxe Slithe on Ebay for $50. Which, considering I paid $60 for him, Lion-O, and Panthro I am just about breaking even. Those Deluxe Lion-Os are pretty much worthless.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I think that some retailers ordered the 1st case assortment of wave 2 deluxe figures that included the Mumm-Ra variant instead of slithe and then just ended up sending them to stores like Ross and Marshals(same with the Tygra 6" case). I think Bandai sold all there stock of Slithe figure cases to e-tailers, because retailers didn't stock the 1st case assortments and didn't order a revised case with the same figures in it. If these figures show up at Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Max I'll be very suprised. I think the chances of seeing any Slithe or Stormchargers at in any discount stores is slim to none. It will be suprising if we see any newly stocked Thundercats merch. at discount stores at all. Best chance to get a Slithe is ebay. If you really want him, don't pass up the oppurtunity. Waiting for him to show up at discount stores is not a great idea, since none of us really know if he will show up or not.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
He will show up along with the Storm Charger at either Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx.

History has a way of repeating itself which is why you won't see me rushing to buy them on EBay.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
When the 6" Tygra figures showed up, the deluxe wave 2 case#1 showed up a couple weeks later. I hope the stormcharger and slithe show up at discount stores, but to much time has passed. Discount stores get their stock from retailers. All the stores have gotten rid of their Thundercats stock by now. Slithe would have showed up with the rest of the deluxe figures and 6" figures being sold. Go ahead and wait. If they do show up, ebay prices will drop and they'll be easy to find.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI View Post
When the 6" Tygra figures showed up, the deluxe wave 2 case#1 showed up a couple weeks later. I hope the stormcharger and slithe show up at discount stores, but to much time has passed. Discount stores get their stock from retailers. All the stores have gotten rid of their Thundercats stock by now. Slithe would have showed up with the rest of the deluxe figures and 6" figures being sold. Go ahead and wait. If they do show up, ebay prices will drop and they'll be easy to find.
Quite the contrary, not enough time has passed for those waves to hit those stores yet.

If anything they wont be hitting until Xmas or after the first of the year.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I hope youre right. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
grune7
Thunder Kitty
Discount stores don't just buy overstock from retailers. Some stuff has to come from the manufacturers. Look at all the Transformers RTS stuff. There have been many cases over the years of items that were impossible to find at retail and in some cases never arrived at retail turning up at the discounters. I've even seen con exclusives the retailers never carried
grune7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
One just popped up on eBay:

Thundercats 2011 4" (4 inch deluxe) Lion-O and Slithe | eBay
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #12
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
Seller seems to have some cases of items
Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Spleenguy18
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI View Post
I think that some retailers ordered the 1st case assortment of wave 2 deluxe figures that included the Mumm-Ra variant instead of slithe and then just ended up sending them to stores like Ross and Marshals(same with the Tygra 6" case). I think Bandai sold all there stock of Slithe figure cases to e-tailers, because retailers didn't stock the 1st case assortments and didn't order a revised case with the same figures in it. If these figures show up at Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Max I'll be very suprised. I think the chances of seeing any Slithe or Stormchargers at in any discount stores is slim to none. It will be suprising if we see any newly stocked Thundercats merch. at discount stores at all. Best chance to get a Slithe is ebay. If you really want him, don't pass up the oppurtunity. Waiting for him to show up at discount stores is not a great idea, since none of us really know if he will show up or not.
I know im late, but what is the Mumm-ra variant?
Spleenguy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleenguy18 View Post
I know im late, but what is the Mumm-ra variant?
http://www.thundercats.ws/deluxe-mum...riation-24778/
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
pallas
Thunder Kitty
No sign of either one out here. I did get a old wave 1 deluxe mumm-ra in a battered box over xmas and I rather enjoy him, so much better than the regular 4" mini wing release.
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #16
Spleenguy18
Thunder Kitty
And also, when the op said 2012 Slithe, does that mean that there was a 2011 slithe as well?
Spleenguy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
Max1984
Thunder Kitty
no 2011 just 2012, only one version of slithe
Max1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #18
pallas
Thunder Kitty
So has anyone seen him lately?
pallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #19