TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #4451
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Lion-o is a born legend no matter how much promise tygra showed he can't measure up to what the prophecy foretold even if he lived to be as old as mum-ra and he knows that. All he can do is to try and out show lion-o now because he won't be able to later "and later might just be sooner now"
That is where it will be interesting what tygra does. Will be betray him?
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #4452
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Agreed.Lion-o like King Arthur was born for greatness.
Arthur better get Guenevere from Lancelot.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #4453
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
You are correct.

But as tygra said, except the crown, you will always be second best.

I think he got everything he wanted except the crown.

Are you going to feel sorry for him for that? Every king always tried to get a heir, ask the wives of King Henry viii. If they had a daughter, she would be next in line.

Tygra could have had a different fate, as in being outside the royal family. He is very fortunate to be adopted by the royal family.

We might find out later why tygra was adopted.
Quote:
Maybe Jaga/Merlin can help out.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #4454
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Disagreeing with the hero journey, I'll refer to this like I did before: a heroic journey. It is a team effort. Lion-O won't make it without the others, because he has to grow into the adult he'll become and he was never meant to do it alone.
I think that when the writers fleshed out the new series Tygra they wanted him to be a protagonist and not just a companion to the hero, which is why he has so many fans as opposed to the OS Tygra (I was so lonely back then...!) They also made sure he and Lion-O would clash yet make it through somehow.
In the end, and just to steal from a favorite show, it's the typical Starsky and Hutch, Tango and Cash, Turner & Hooch combination. They don't exactly match, but they work well together.

Last edited by Eclipse; 01-11-2012 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: typo.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #4455
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Disagreeing with the hero journey, I'll refer to this like I did before: a heroic journey. It is a team effort. Lion-O won't make it without the others, because he has to grow into the adult he'll become and he was never meant to do it alone.
I think that when the writers fleshed out the new series Tygra they wanted him to be a protagonist and not just a companion to the hero, which is why he has so many fans as opposed to the OS Tygra (I was so lonely back then...!) They also made sure he and Lion-O would clash yet make it through somehow.
In the end, and just to steal from a favorite show, it's the typical Starsky and Hutch, Tango and Cash, Turner & Hooch combination. They don't exactly match, but they work well together.
But that is what the main writer said. They wanted to go for a Classic Hero Journey.

They do not get along like that.

Tango liked cash to where he was fine that his sister dated him. I always thought that they should've made a tango and cash 2.

I do hope that tygra has a tribe out there where he is a prince or lord (Native Son).

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-11-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #4456
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
If they will not do the triangle from Lion-O/Cheetara side upnext, they will finish the scene with Tygra kissing Cheetara. It' obvious, even if we are not seeing the previous episodes patterns.

If they will do with T/C running then it will be like this http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../24/#post24736 will conflict with Jelenic comments on not dragging and proper due, because that scenario will really drag it on and on, like the link I gave.

If they will make cheetara cannot choosing either brothers after she really knows Lion-O feelings and hurting him (of course we must get Lion-O/Cheetara lip kissing if this is the case in Ep14) that will still fit with Jelenic comment, because the old triangle form of season 1 "freezes"
for awhile, if they are going to continue it later, it will be already a new evolved triangle with Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra already growing as a character. Or of course the another direct 180

Last edited by cmangund; 01-11-2012 at 06:48 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #4457
cmangund
Quote:
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #4458
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
If they will not do the triangle from Lion-O/Cheetara side upnext, they will finish the scene with Tygra kissing Cheetara. It' obvious, even if we are not seeing the previous episodes patterns.

If they will do with T/C running then it will be like this http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../24/#post24736 will conflict with Jelenic comments on not dragging and proper due, because that scenario will really drag it on and on, like the link I gave.

If they will make cheetara cannot choosing either brothers (of course we must get Lion-O/Cheetara lip kissing if this is the case in Ep14) that will still fit with Jelenic comment, because the old triangle form of season 1 "freezes"
for awhile, if they are going to continue it later, it will be already a new evolved triangle with Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra already growing as a character. All of course the another direct 180
They did give T/C their proper due with the flower. They have took care of that angle, so on to the next part. Why does cheetara follow lion-o.

Looking at those pics, I know why.

I think tygra has grown in 13, he is finally feeling remorse to lion-o and he was ready to move on with cheetara.

Hey, I wonder if cheetara changed Annet's prediction.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #4459
cmangund
Quote:
Maybe Jaga/Merlin can help out.
Jaga already did by choosing Cheetara as the SoO guardian with the spell to "see" Lion-O''s "heart"
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #4460
cmangund
Quote:

Hey, I wonder if cheetara changed Annet's prediction.
Maybe she did at that particular point, I think part of the reason cheetara can see Tygra' skyrocketed jealousy was maybe because of the spell Jaga gave of beeing able to "see" the "heart" of both brothers from the past.

But if this betrayal bit area going bigger, then Cheetara maybe only postpone the inevitable. Like If the tiger clan are indeed betraying the lion clan form the past.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #4461
L08e16o
Quote:
Jaga already did by choosing Cheetara as the SoO guardian with the spell to "see" Lion-O''s "heart"
And sword.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #4462
stormbringer
Quote:
Maybe she did at that particular point, I think part of the reason cheetara can see Tygra' skyrocketed jealousy was maybe because of the spell Jaga gave of beeing able to "see" the "heart" of both brothers from the past.

But if this betrayal bit area going bigger, then Cheetara maybe only postpone the inevitable. Like If the tiger clan are indeed betraying the lion clan form the past.
So will we be getting a lion vs tiger clan war soon, with the 2 brothers having divided loyalties?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #4463
L08e16o
Quote:

Just makes you wonder.

But that would be a good point. Tygra was going to betray lion-o and there was nothing cheetara could do.

That could be another lost cause.

I would like for tygra to go bad for a while. Doesn't mean I don't like him.

That would be great if he had mummra's sword with a stone fighting lion-o.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #4464
cmangund
Quote:
So will we be getting a lion vs tiger clan war soon, with the 2 brothers having divided loyalties?
That will be epic! But maybe at the end both Tygra and Lion-O will realize it this whole war was wrong. So if this the case then Jelenic brothers of the brothers reduced butting heads will conflict, or in negative logic they butt head less but they wage war with each other thus beyond butting heads.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #4465
cmangund
Quote:
And sword.
You mean Cheetara also got x-ray vision, so she chose the one with the bigger and/or longest 'sword'?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #4466
L08e16o
Quote:
That will be epic! But maybe at the end both Tygra and Lion-O will realize it this whole war was wrong. So if this the case then Jelenic brothers of the brothers reduced butting heads will conflict, or in negative logic they butt head less but they wage war with each other thus beyond butting heads.
Or one could leave the group, so they don't really butt heads.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #4467
L08e16o
Quote:
You mean Cheetara also got x-ray vision, so she chose the one with the bigger and/or longest 'sword'?

Maybe that is what she really believes in.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #4468
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
But that is what the main writer said. They wanted to go for a Classic Hero Journey.

They do not get along like that.
I think they do. And about what the main writer said, what they've done so far make me think I'm right. I also don't put my money on what they say, nobody can survive an archive and he may have said that while meaning a team effort and not a single person's journey.

Quote:
Tango liked cash to where he was fine that his sister dated him. I always thought that they should've made a tango and cash 2.
You do know that was exactly the point, right? They don't exactly match, but they work well together. Also the couple's choices come from quoting Castle

Quote:
I do hope that tygra has a tribe out there where he is a prince or lord (Native Son).
Methinks you just want an excuse to show Tygra out of the team and this would do it LOL But it would be an easy way out of the sibling rivalry for the crown -where I do believe the true reason is entirely different but will wait and see if I'm right or wrong- so... nope.

What I'd really like to see are the circumstances of Lion-O's birth. Jaga's "For it was written that he would be born of fire" at the beginning of episode 1 nags me.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #4469
cmangund
Quote:
Or one could leave the group, so they don't really butt heads.
Oh yeah good one. That will definetly not conflict with Jelenic comments.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #4470
cmangund
Quote:

Maybe that is what she really believes in.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #4471
L08e16o
Quote:
I think they do. And about what the main writer said, what they've done so far make me think I'm right. I also don't put my money on what they say, nobody can survive an archive and he may have said that while meaning a team effort and not a single person's journey.

You do know that was exactly the point, right? They don't exactly match, but they work well together. Also the couple's choices come from quoting Castle

Methinks you just want an excuse to show Tygra out of the team and this would do it LOL But it would be an easy way out of the sibling rivalry for the crown -where I do believe the true reason is entirely different but will wait and see if I'm right or wrong- so... nope.

What I'd really like to see are the circumstances of Lion-O's birth. Jaga's "For it was written that he would be born of fire" at the beginning of episode 1 nags me.
[QUOTE=Eclipse;30083]I think they do. And about what the main writer said, what they've done so far make me think I'm right. I also don't put my money on what they say, nobody can survive an archive and he may have said that while meaning a team effort and not a single person's journey.

It is not to take away from the TC. This show is about lion-o. We are kind of seeing it through his eyes. I think cheetara has helped him a lot. Yes, he would be lost without the others. But it will come down to lion-o fulfilling is destiny.

I don't think they are at that connection yet. Especially after this set back.

No I actually want tygra to have his own destiny that is outside of lion-o. Only way tygra gets over lion-o having the crown is if he has his own.

What I'd really like to see are the circumstances of Lion-O's birth. Jaga's "For it was written that he would be born of fire" at the beginning of episode 1 nags me.[/QUOTE

I do too. There is more to tygra being adopted than that has been said.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #4472
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Was Up
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #4473
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
Was Up
What did you think of the pics?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #4474
cmangund
Quote:
Was Up
So what is your current persona?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #4475
L08e16o
Do you think we will see mummra's sword at some point?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #4476
Balgus82
You guys keep quoting the "classic hero's journey" and in the classic hero's journey he doesn't actually get the girl. Usually "the girl" is a temptress who tempts the hero to abandon or stray from his quest. The hero in old classic stories usually end the story alone.

"The seeker of the life beyond life must press beyond (the woman), surpass the temptations of her call, and soar to the immaculate ether beyond."

Monomyth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #4477
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
So what is your current persona?
sill gogeta
Old 01-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #4478
cmangund
Quote:
sill gogeta
Seen the pics yet that posted by Kurtulansama?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #4479
Balgus82
Quote:

I took the "born of fire" to mean the destruction of Thundera and the subsequent trials he's going through on his journey.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #4480
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
You guys keep quoting the "classic hero's journey" and in the classic hero's journey he doesn't actually get the girl. Usually "the girl" is a temptress who tempts the hero to abandon or stray from his quest. The hero in old classic stories usually end the story alone.

"The seeker of the life beyond life must press beyond (the woman), surpass the temptations of her call, and soar to the immaculate ether beyond."

Monomyth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are always reaching.

Yes he does how did it become a cliché. Because everyone uses it.

If you had it your way lion-o would be a martyr and tygra would be king with cheetara as queen.

Lion-o never got Atonement with the Father or he is not going to meet a goddess. Cheetara is not a Temptress. Woman is a metaphor for the physical or material temptations of life

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-11-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #4481
cmangund
Another solution will be of course if she keep doing 180 every next episode, that will fit with the highest good thing. By keep doing 180 she will not hurt eitehr brother's feelings too , Since the triangle is already dumb anyway, hampered by a flower out of nowhere.

Last edited by cmangund; 01-11-2012 at 07:04 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #4482
cmangund
Quote:
You are always reaching.

If you had it your way lion-o would be a martyr and tygra would be king with cheetara as queen.
And this is "officially" for kids 6-11 age group. mostly Kids connect with Lion-O not Tygra. Thus the classic heros' journey here the A-Male get the A-Female.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #4483
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Seen the pics yet that posted by Kurtulansama?
yup. I never noticed lion-o winked at cheetara. i was all oh lion-o ooh you sly dog.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #4484
cmangund
Quote:
yup. I never noticed lion-o winked at cheetara. i was all oh lion-o ooh you sly dog.
Noticed how Cheetara responded Lion-O's wink with that eyes, and she did not repond Tygra's winked with that eyes, like she did to Lion-O.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #4485
L08e16o
Quote:
And this is "officially" for kids 6-11 age group. mostly Kids connect with Lion-O not Tygra. Thus the classic heros' journey here the A-Male get the A-Female.
Agreed. Lion-o is not on a spiritual journey.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #4486
Balgus82
Quote:
You are always reaching.

Lion-o never got Atonement with the Father or he is not going to meet a goddess. Cheetara is not a Temptress. Woman is a metaphor for the physical or material temptations of life
Don't speak for me. You don't know what I think. I don't want Lion-O to be a martyr nor do I want Tygra to be king.

The hero getting the girl is a cliche because of movies, not because of classic myths and literature.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #4487
stormbringer
Quote:
Noticed how Cheetara responded Lion-O's wink with that eyes, and she did not repond Tygra's winked with that eyes, like she did to Lion-O.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #4488
cmangund
Quote:
Its not yaoi, tygra will be a bengali fan boy
So now Tygra is no longer Grune fan boy?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #4489
stormbringer
Quote:
Quote:
So now Tygra is no longer Grune fan boy?
Well Grune working for the guy who killed Tygras father, and destroyed his kingdom probably caused him to revaluate his role models.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #4490
cmangund
Quote:
Its all in the details. Cheetara's dilated pupils when looking at Lion-O for 12 episodes shows it all.Those eyes aren't lying . Same principal that Holmes uses on how to know a woman is really attracted to a man or really likes/love that man. Because Love in its really basic form is really is just the chemistry. Holmes called love a chemical defect or a weakness.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #4491
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Its all in the details. Cheetara's dilated pupils when looking at Lion-O for 12 episodes shows it all.Those eyes aren't lying . Same principal that Holmes uses on how to know a woman is really attracted to a man or really likes/love that man. Because Love in its really basic form is really is just the chemistry. Holmes called love a chemical defect or a weakness.
thats wha I call doin your research
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #4492
Balgus82
Furthermore so far they have kept to those steps in the show. Of course he hasn't done ALL of them. The show just started. The article also says stories don't always have all 17.

The Call to Adventure: "The hero starts off in a mundane situation of normality from which some information is received that acts as a call to head off into the unknown."

Episode 1. Lion-O starts off in Thundera during his every day life.

Refusal of the Call: "Often when the call is given, the future hero first refuses to heed it. This may be from a sense of duty or obligation, fear, insecurity, a sense of inadequacy, or any of a range of reasons that work to hold the person in his or her current circumstances."

Episode 1 again. Lion-O see's Mumm-Ra in the sword, but refuses to admit it.

Supernatural Aid: Once the hero has committed to the quest, consciously or unconsciously, his or her guide and magical helper appears, or becomes known. More often than not, this supernatural mentor will present the hero with one or more talismans or artifacts that will aid them later in their quest."

Episode 2 Lion-O is forced to flee and Jaga gives him the sword and gauntlet.

The Crossing of the First Threshold: "This is the point where the person actually crosses into the field of adventure, leaving the known limits of his or her world and venturing into an unknown and dangerous realm where the rules and limits are not known."

Episode 3. after the funeral when they left Thundera.

Belly of The Whale: "The belly of the whale represents the final separation from the hero's known world and self. By entering this stage, the person shows willingness to undergo a metamorphosis."

Episode 3 again. (kinda funny how it's called belly of the whale and the episode was based off Moby Dick eh?)

The Road of Trials: "The road of trials is a series of tests, tasks, or ordeals that the person must undergo to begin the transformation. Often the person fails one or more of these tests, which often occur in threes."

Each episode is kinda a test.

The Meeting With the Goddess: "This is the point when the person experiences a love that has the power and significance of the all-powerful, all encompassing, unconditional love that a fortunate infant may experience with his or her mother. This is a very important step in the process and is often represented by the person finding the other person that he or she loves most completely."

This could be interpreted as Cheetara.

Woman as Temptress: "In this step, the hero faces those temptations that may lead him or her to abandon or stray from his or her quest, which does not necessarily have to be represented by a woman. Woman is a metaphor for the physical or material temptations of life, since the hero-knight was often tempted by lust from his spiritual journey."

This could also be interpreted as Cheetara.

Atonement with the Father: "In this step the person must confront and be initiated by whatever holds the ultimate power in his or her life. In many myths and stories this is the father, or a father figure who has life and death power. This is the center point of the journey. All the previous steps have been moving in to this place, all that follow will move out from it. Although this step is most frequently symbolized by an encounter with a male entity, it does not have to be a male; just someone or thing with incredible power."

Encounter with a male entity. Most likely a future fight with Mumm-Ra.

Apotheosis: "When someone dies a physical death, or dies to the self to live in spirit, he or she moves beyond the pairs of opposites to a state of divine knowledge, love, compassion and bliss. A more mundane way of looking at this step is that it is a period of rest, peace and fulfillment before the hero begins the return."

This could be where the comment Dan made about Death not being permanent comes into play.

The Ultimate Boon: "The ultimate boon is the achievement of the goal of the quest. It is what the person went on the journey to get. All the previous steps serve to prepare and purify the person for this step, since in many myths the boon is something transcendent like the elixir of life itself, or a plant that supplies immortality, or the holy grail."

Getting the stones and bringing the animals together.

The rest of the steps talking about Returning which would be obvious. Lion-O coming back to rebuild Thundera.

I think they're following these steps pretty accurately so far. I don't think I'm "reaching."

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-11-2012 at 07:26 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #4493
stormbringer
Quote:
Holmes needs to have a talk with Lion-o and Tygra.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #4494
cmangund
Quote:
thats wha I call doin your research
I really like Sherlock Holmes, he is darn can really separate his emotions with his mind, thus the perfect reasoning machine.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #4495
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Furthermore so far they have kept to those steps in the show. Of course he hasn't done ALL of them. The show just started. The article also says stories don't always have all 17.

(snip)
Cool.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #4496
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
No I actually want tygra to have his own destiny that is outside of lion-o. Only way tygra gets over lion-o having the crown is if he has his own.
I don't think that a different crown would end the jealousy issues. Tygra's quest is to come to terms with who he is. An easy way out is just that, no value.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #4497
cmangund
Quote:
Holmes needs to have a talk with Lion-o and Tygra.
To fix the mess?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #4498
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
I took the "born of fire" to mean the destruction of Thundera and the subsequent trials he's going through on his journey.
I like that. For some reason though, I first imagined there might be more and would like more too. Like L.... said up there, there's some story to be told about both brothers' births. Or we'd like it to be.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #4499
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Probably not until thundera would have to be rebuilt 1st and as far as we know the whole thunderian army was destroyed so who would fight on lion-o's side. Unless lion-o will beat bowel movement out of tygra and his whole nation by himself
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #4500
cmangund
Quote:
Probably not until thundera would have to be rebuilt 1st and as far as we know the whole thunderian army was destroyed so who would fight on lion-o's side. Unless lion-o will beat bowel movement out of tygra and his whole nation by himself
With Snow Meooww Lion-O will do the bowel movement dance and beat tygra.