TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
b3rgkamp10
Thunder Kitty

At Singapore Toys Games Comics Convention 2012!!

no hoax, there is such a thing as a red Lion O

more details to come,

Home | STGCC
b3rgkamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Jackalman
furious laughter
wow that's awesome!!!
Jackalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Mongor
You got red on you.
And they still haven't painted in the boot swivel or wrist.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I would love to pick up one of these!
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
LOL They havent heard the news yet....
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #6
b3rgkamp10
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
LOL They havent heard the news yet....

oh we heard, heck we know! but its still an exclusive nonetheless
b3rgkamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #7
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Strange because neither Falcons Hangar or the STGCC website show this figure! Its only a reported news segment on toynewsi that shows the figure. If it is real then Bandai must have had a load of toys r us exclusives left over and re-painted them red. Kind of like releasing the same music album but adding one bonus track and calling it limited
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
Strange because neither Falcons Hangar or the STGCC website show this figure! Its only a reported news segment on toynewsi that shows the figure. If it is real then Bandai must have had a load of toys r us exclusives left over and re-painted them red. Kind of like releasing the same music album but adding one bonus track and calling it limited
b3rgkamp10,
can you confirm if this is just a repaint or molded in red?
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
http://www.facebook.com/thefalconshangar

Falcon's Hangar posted it on their FB page.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Well then, the next and most obvious question I believe would be; Will US fans get a chance at ordering these online somewhere after the convention?
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
Well then, the next and most obvious question I believe would be; Will US fans get a chance at ordering these online somewhere after the convention?
Probably not directly. You'll likely have to pay mark-up prices from online stores that get them from the show itself or from buying them at show cost. There will always be ebay.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
That WILL be in my collection
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Probably not directly. You'll likely have to pay mark-up prices from online stores that get them from the show itself or from buying them at show cost. There will always be ebay.
That's what I figure being that this is taking place in Singapore. Honestly I don't see myself shelling out too much for a repainted figure. IMHO the 6" Lion-O with the angry face would have been a better suited candidate for "Evil Lion-O". Still, it is nice to see Bandai doing something exclusive for that convention.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
metalalchemist
Thunder Kitty
Anyone knows if they will release the rest of the 8" figures? Being left with a Lion-o and a Tygra was no funny at all... and to be sincere making it up with an exclusive "repaint" it is definitely not for me.
metalalchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalalchemist View Post
Anyone knows if they will release the rest of the 8" figures? Being left with a Lion-o and a Tygra was no funny at all... and to be sincere making it up with an exclusive "repaint" it is definitely not for me.
This is being done by Bandai Asia, not Bandai USA. Pretty much completely different operations.

But basically, don't plan on seeing any new 8" figures, or new 6" classics for that matter.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
That's what I figure being that this is taking place in Singapore. Honestly I don't see myself shelling out too much for a repainted figure. IMHO the 6" Lion-O with the angry face would have been a better suited candidate for "Evil Lion-O". Still, it is nice to see Bandai doing something exclusive for that convention.
I'll keep my eyes pointed at all the normal outlets. If somewhere like Past Generation Toys, BBTS or Entertainment Earth post it, I'll pop the news up on the frontpage.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I'd be a lot more interested if at some point we had gotten an 8 inch Mumm-ra for some reason.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #18
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Spoke to them and they will be considering shipping internationally after the convention
Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #19
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Spoke to them and they will be considering shipping internationally after the convention
Thats awesome news! Thanks for the info.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
They opted on having the figure in the windowed packaging instead of the SDCC exclusive box version which means the sword, dagger and sword stand will be in a separate baggie apparently. They'll be at the convention on saturday
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
And they still haven't painted in the boot swivel or wrist.
LOL!
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #22
Steelgrave
Ho!
What good is a classic Lion-O if there's no classic Cheetara?
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #23
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
Just got a reply from The Falcon's Hangar about this item! They did set some aside for those who inquired via email and will send a Paypal invoice for the item, plus shipping. The total, with shipping, was about $52 in U.S. funds!!! :]
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
And this is what he looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STGCClion o RED.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	1362
Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
test
You don't stand a chance
I just sent them a message asking for one to be sent to the uk (might push my luck and ask for 2) fingers crossed I may be able to secure a couple
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #26
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Im in the UK and they said 52usd delivered with Paypal so you'll be good
Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #27
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
$52 just seems ridiculously high for a repaint of a toy that doesn't even sell for $8 anymore on pegs at Wal-Mart and Target...
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #28
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
$52 just seems ridiculously high for a repaint of a toy that doesn't even sell for $8 anymore on pegs at Wal-Mart and Target...
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #29
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
People will pay it though. Purely because of the limited edition sticker and the different backing artwork. Didnt vintage MOTU package a He-man with a jet sled or something and now its ridiculously collectible?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #30
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
50+!?!?!? That just seems silly at this point. Yes I am a completist, but for that same value, you can buy something vintage, even a lower rate guy like hachiman moc.

If it was 30, I would snatch it up, but meh... if its dead, theres almost no point. Something to think about in the future though.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #31
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
Its $52 shipped. From Singapore thats gunna be over $12 just for flatrate shipping. Do the math and youre paying around $39 for the figure. When the sdcc toys r us version was released, it was $39.99 + shipping. With this version you get basically the same accessories as the sdcc version, with the chrome plated swords and a weapons stand(in red this time). This figure was never released in the original line and I think its really awseome that they made this figure with the tooling they already had, since the line is dead and no new molds will be made at this point. I think money is no object for true fans and collectors. Get it or don't get it, just don't cry about it when they're $200 on ebay and you missed a chance of getting it retail price. It's evil Lion-o guys...come on.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #32
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Looks like they are already hitting ebay...
Bandai Singapore STGCC 2012 Thundercats Evil Lion O Mumm-Ra Ver MISB exclusive | eBay

I would love to get one of these, but $50+ is hard to swallow even for a limited quantity.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #33
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I'd pay like $30 shipped....tops. This is such a weird rarity and probably not many people know about this version that it's not worth much. To me at least.

Last edited by IndyCat; 09-05-2012 at 08:51 AM..
Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #34
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Looking at that auction, Id probably do 40 TOPS. Its pretty nice, and it comes with 2 sets of swords. But yeah, its just Lion-O again.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #35
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
HUGE NEWS THUNDERCATS FANS!!! We just got word from The Falcon's Hangar is going to offer fans of the "Save Thundercats" Campaign the exclusive 8 inch Evil (Mumm-Ra version) Lion-O for $48.00 USD per piece!!! Item(s) will be shipped via re...
gistered mail. This is is limited to the FIRST 50 Thundercats fans that message us telling us you wish to purchase the figure. Send us a message and INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in the message. The first 50 emails addresses will be sent to The Falcon's Hangar and they will contact you directly!! Act fast because this is a limited offer and with a limited supply!!! Get YOURS NOW!!!! www.facebook.com/savethundercats
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #36
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
^still not worth it.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #37
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI View Post
Its $52 shipped. From Singapore thats gunna be over $12 just for flatrate shipping. Do the math and youre paying around $39 for the figure. When the sdcc toys r us version was released, it was $39.99 + shipping. With this version you get basically the same accessories as the sdcc version, with the chrome plated swords and a weapons stand(in red this time). This figure was never released in the original line and I think its really awseome that they made this figure with the tooling they already had, since the line is dead and no new molds will be made at this point. I think money is no object for true fans and collectors. Get it or don't get it, just don't cry about it when they're $200 on ebay and you missed a chance of getting it retail price. It's evil Lion-o guys...come on.
Yeah, I did the math. I paid $15 for my first one and then $7 for my second one to keep in package. I thought the SDCC version was overpriced as well, so I didn't get that. Yeah, I'd like to have the crome sword, but not at that price. If I really want an evil Lion-O in a scale that I'll never have other figures in, I'll pick up a discount regular Classics 8" and paint it myself. Actually, the 6" Classics would make a better evil Lion-O, IMHO... maybe I'll pick one of those up and do a repaint myself. Fun project, better finished product, and a heck of a lot cheaper. I don't see this one being worth a lot way down the line. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to take that risk.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
The SDCC one was only worth it because it was the first official thundercat in action figure form in over 25 years.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #39
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
The Red Lion O only made it to LJN Hard copy stage so i personally think its cool that we have a Red one in production. If price is an issue with people i guess dont buy it. All adds to the history of the various toy lines
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #40
Joe Moore
Administrator
Kind of a bummer only 50 were made available. Since I doubt Bandai has any plans to continue the classics line (especially the 8" line), I really have no desire to own this in the least.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #41
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
If I really want an evil Lion-O in a scale that I'll never have other figures in, I'll pick up a discount regular Classics 8" and paint it myself. Actually, the 6" Classics would make a better evil Lion-O, IMHO... maybe I'll pick one of those up and do a repaint myself.
This.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #42
test
You don't stand a chance
I had a reply from falcons hangar regarding the red/evil lion-o. They sent me an invoice to paypal which I have payed, and I have just got my reciept to say that they are on the way (works out at about 32 pounds per figure for those of us in the uk which I dont think is too bad considering the distance of the shipping and that the regular 8 inch lion-o retails at around 15 pounds in shops depending on the area)

Cant wait for them to arrive .. I ordered 2 for possible future investment just incase it becomes a holy grail type thing in years to come and then I can flog one and keep the other .. (Aaaargh but does that not make me as low as the common scalper ... I can see myself getting some hate for this greed but I completely deserve it lol)
Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #43
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
This is already up to 117usd! MADNESS you can buy it direct from store for 52 delivered
Bandai Singapore STGCC 2012 Thundercats Evil Lion O Mumm-Ra Ver MISB exclusive | eBay
Old 09-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #44
test
You don't stand a chance
Glad I did my research before bidding lol
Old 09-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #45
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
If this isnt a good advert to be a member of thundercats.ws i dont know what is!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #46
grune7
Thunder Kitty
Well the allotment of 50 is just for the save Thundercats group on Facebook. Its still coming from the Falcon's Hanger and they're getting a special rate of $48. Since the Falcon's Hanger is selling them on their own for $52 theres more than just the 50 available. I doubt we'll ever get a number of how many there are total but I figure its got to be the rarest produced piece from the new line.
grune7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #47
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I agree, this could be the rarest new figure, especially since its an foreign exclusive. That ebay auction is still climbing at $126.50 and there is over 3 days to go. Glad I ordered mine. I'm so happy I found this forum.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #48
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Wow! I am shocked that the price has jumped so high on that. Like grune7 said we probably wont find out how many of these were made, but I would be very interested to find out. Anyone know how many of the SDCC Lion-O's were made?
Old 09-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #49
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Knowing our mass product producing friends in East Asia id say that they are just made to demand. Most factories will produce a minimum of 5000 units but they can vary PLUS of course these molds had already been made, they just used different coloured plastics.
That ebay auction is 126usd with 3 days left and the vendor is on holiday until sept 15th! lol
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #50
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
i got my ,message on facebook saying i had reserved one but have not gotten an invoice yet maybe soon..

im looking forward to this though i will never open it but that episode from the original series is one of my faves
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote