TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Plun-Darr Marketplace > Buy Sell Trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Hi, I have the new 6" Tygra for sale

If your interested, message me here

or starsapphire21@yahoo.com

I have more than one available

so please contact me directly with an offer

Thanks so much


This is the non classic version its the "2011/2012" tygra.

Tons of feedback available




Also of mention I have alot of older thundercats in 'good condition" but incomplete, Lynx-o, bengali, tons of jackal man, and a few slythes.... n things pics available for anyone who wants them or is curious

Last edited by Starsapphire; 05-24-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 299
I don't normally rant or say bad things about a member here, but you aren't a member, so I don't think I should have to hold back.

Let me paint a picture and see how close to accurate I get... first, you put a 6" Tygra up for auction on eBay and it sells for $76. Great! Then you put up three more with a BIN of $70 and they aren't selling. Auctions are nearing the end and you want to make sure you get top dollar for your merchandise, so... you create an account here today and post this message... the only message you've posted on this forum.

We can all see your $70 eBay auctions. We can also see your Facebook cover photo displaying over $1,000 in cash and the various eBay auctions you've posted to your Facebook account to try and promote them.

Look, there's nothing wrong with making money. And there's nothing wrong with exploiting an item's rarity by selling it way above retail. Nothing wrong at all. But listen, this isn't the place for that. We're all collectors, we all know eBay. If you're looking to get eBay prices from us without any of the buyer protection that eBay gives, you're in the wrong forum.

If though, you are a true fan and I have somehow mis-judged you, I apologize. If you're here to sell 6" Tygras to fans and collectors anxious to fill that void in their collection and you want to give us a low and fair price because you like selling fan-to-fan, then I say, "Thank you." I also profusely apologize for mistaking you for the scalping-money-loving-eBay-toy-seller that you first appear to be.

</rant>
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Reminds me of the cat's lair lady.... thirftycat or whatever. But nothing wrong with making some money off Tygra, he's hard to get! Fair enough and your lucky to have him! If your just trying to cover the price of a case, id say 40-50 is a fair price to expect, but if your looking at more than 70, you may wanna stick to ebay.

Usually on here, alot of people join and try to price gouge us, we usually for the most part just hook each other up here OR make a small profit depending on rarity. Just hope your not looking at 100 cause id save you the time. Good luck!
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 276
Star Sapphire21 | eBay Opening bid is $18

Last edited by Tracer; 05-24-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Star Sapphire21 | eBay Opening bid is $18
For 2 of the 3, yes, but the BIN is $70 for all. My guess was that since she hadn't sold them via BIN yet and the auction just has a few days left, she made an account here to see if she could sell them here. The eBay price is dropping too. One sold yesterday for $48.77. It's still high, but it isn't the $150 spike that we saw a couple of weeks ago. My guess is that etailers are starting to ship more cases out and that's why we're seeing the flood of figures and the price drop. If so, it's only going to drop lower, which is good for those of us still looking to pick one up, but bad for someone like StarSaphire21 who is sitting on 3 of them that she was hoping to get $70 a piece for like her first sale.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
frodo
certified 80's kid
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: philippines
Posts: 42
i hope they come out soon & everybody gets their fare share of him. im still waiting on my 2nd figure hopefully this goods news means i'll be getting him soon too
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
For 2 of the 3, yes, but the BIN is $70 for all. My guess was that since she hadn't sold them via BIN yet and the auction just has a few days left, she made an account here to see if she could sell them here. The eBay price is dropping too. One sold yesterday for $48.77. It's still high, but it isn't the $150 spike that we saw a couple of weeks ago. My guess is that etailers are starting to ship more cases out and that's why we're seeing the flood of figures and the price drop. If so, it's only going to drop lower, which is good for those of us still looking to pick one up, but bad for someone like StarSaphire21 who is sitting on 3 of them that she was hoping to get $70 a piece for like her first sale.
As for my post above, I wasn't siding with or against her. Just posting the auctions as an FYI. It will be interesting as to where they end up. 6" Tygra is the best thing that Bandai has turned out for the TCats line. I do hope everyone that wants one gets a reasonable shot at it.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #8
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
I don't normally rant or say bad things about a member here, but you aren't a member, so I don't think I should have to hold back.

Let me paint a picture and see how close to accurate I get... first, you put a 6" Tygra up for auction on eBay and it sells for $76. Great! Then you put up three more with a BIN of $70 and they aren't selling. Auctions are nearing the end and you want to make sure you get top dollar for your merchandise, so... you create an account here today and post this message... the only message you've posted on this forum.

We can all see your $70 eBay auctions. We can also see your Facebook cover photo displaying over $1,000 in cash and the various eBay auctions you've posted to your Facebook account to try and promote them.

Look, there's nothing wrong with making money. And there's nothing wrong with exploiting an item's rarity by selling it way above retail. Nothing wrong at all. But listen, this isn't the place for that. We're all collectors, we all know eBay. If you're looking to get eBay prices from us without any of the buyer protection that eBay gives, you're in the wrong forum.

If though, you are a true fan and I have somehow mis-judged you, I apologize. If you're here to sell 6" Tygras to fans and collectors anxious to fill that void in their collection and you want to give us a low and fair price because you like selling fan-to-fan, then I say, "Thank you." I also profusely apologize for mistaking you for the scalping-money-loving-eBay-toy-seller that you first appear to be.

</rant>

Hmm nice "rant" considering you don't know me or my situation, but yet you "lash out" (with complete ignorance) at me, with welcoming parties like this, and fans like you its amazing how thunder cats survived as long as it has, if this is the type of board that your moderators allow then I can see why the fan base remains small. you don't know How I got the tygras If I have these 4 10,000 more if i got them for 10$ each if i paid 50$ each or what have you, why don't you take your pompous self righteous/self serving attitude and please bother someone else, I have *1* post and I am "immediately" attacked? because I stated that the going rate for an item currently is $50-$70 when you asked what I was looking for? Did I say I trading was not an option did I say that was my price? why are you stalking my ebay profile?
Also I am aware of what my cover photo has on facebook, you know nothing about be, but I know that you put your foot in your mouth apparently. So my suggestion would be to take your anger and frustration and find a NEW TARGET. Perhaps you can call Bandai, or Toysrus/Walmart/Brick and mortar retailer A/B/C and tell them about your problems due to poor distribution. You can't blame me for your issue and or inability to find something as I told you via PM I have TYGRA available its not different that something new or hot, folks buy and sell via ebay all the time. If you would have "Stalked" a little further into my profile you would see that I am not just a SELLER but I collect various other things. But of course you want to just pick and choose your words and or things you see fit, There are people like you all over the internet, Frankly I am sick of people like you, Have I ever posted asking for things at cost? Will someone sell me Vintage "mib" cats lair for 100$? what about anything thats new, oh I don't know how about a renegades storm shadow? Or I could name 1000 other figures. (I collect ALOT!) Of course you wouldn't know that because you make 'ASSUMPTIONS" I also have SOLD ALOT and will continue to do so with out without this site, if you must know, my auctions aren't ending, and I am "panicking" Umm ok, Brains, if you notice I had listed it as a 3-day auction If it sells cool if it doesn't sell I honestly don't care. I personally love thundercats I Have the 8" and 6" versions as well at the Mumm-ra staction and soon to be cats lair statue... this will be the 'only" reply you get from me, as If i can find a way to BLOCK YOU I will do so. you have your self a nice night, and Good luck in your hunt for a BETTER ATTITUDE and TOYS you seek.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Reminds me of the cat's lair lady.... thirftycat or whatever. But nothing wrong with making some money off Tygra, he's hard to get! Fair enough and your lucky to have him! If your just trying to cover the price of a case, id say 40-50 is a fair price to expect, but if your looking at more than 70, you may wanna stick to ebay.

Usually on here, alot of people join and try to price gouge us, we usually for the most part just hook each other up here OR make a small profit depending on rarity. Just hope your not looking at 100 cause id save you the time. Good luck!

Hi I am not out to gouge people, but of course I would "like" to make money I didn't post my own ebay auctions because I am not trying to "rub it in peoples faces. I know how it feels to see folks with more than 2 of something when the 99% have none, I started out my original tygra for 17.99 and it went for $76 I placed 2 up for sale for $6 less with "free shipping" which is a semi fair price as hes a tail end figure and most likely will not see mass release, I can name 12 different figures atleast who ended up in the same fashion from various lines, is this over my cost? of course, I am not gonna give something away for "cost" unless I know you, I did actually "give 1" to my freind for free, as he is a HUGE thundercats fans, and wanted a Tygra, I also completed a Trade for another Tygra I had a while back to another friend. Unfortunately someone on the board wants to attack me due to thier own frustrations and short comings.

The reason for the 69.99 price? how would you feel is a seller just sold an item 5 days earlier, and then puts it up for 1/2 the price as BIN? I would be kind of upset, I felt my pricing was in line with my own sales from the previous week.

I never advertised my price on this board until someone else brought it up by STALKING/TROLLING.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #10
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
As for my post above, I wasn't siding with or against her. Just posting the auctions as an FYI. It will be interesting as to where they end up. 6" Tygra is the best thing that Bandai has turned out for the TCats line. I do hope everyone that wants one gets a reasonable shot at it.
^THIS
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:34 AM   #11
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Grippen's Items on Ebay
Grippen's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 66
Just want to leave my insight on this. I collect mostly GI Joes and with Thundercats its the second line I can say I want to collect. Mostly as everyone noticed I want to complete the 6'' main TC team.

I have a bunch of MU MOC none of them is repeated. I wanted them to open and collect but I noticed I have too much things and not enough space and my priority is GI Joe.

The reason I'm telling this is because I want to make some cash return with those MOC MUs but I'm not planning to sell them now. Maybe in a few years to have some cash return. So I can understand her deal.

However as a collector she should also feel the other side of the coin. Wanting an item and not being able to have it. I could even understand if she had 2 or 3 figures and place it on ebay and goes for much more then she anticipated. Heck I had an extra Cheetara and I was going to place her there and with some luck get more money then I got in the end as I sold her at cost price $16 to a user here.

I preferred to have my money or at least the major part of it (since I didn't include the initial shipping because she was shipped with another figure) and also feel good while helping someone in need.

So to resume grabbing 10 Tygras means you want to run a business out of it and that is not very well seen as you can notice its not a matter of making something illegal or whatever its a matter of ethic. It's not ethical specially from a collector that suffers the same type of situation to grab 10 or more figures knowing how hard it is to find him and sell it like that. I'm not saying you shouldn't make some profit but not 8x more then cost price.

I can understand someone buying 10 or 15 Cobra Troopers and then realizes that he doesn't need them and sells them but not a Tygra. You also mentioned The Renegades SS a very hard to get indeed but on the other day I saw someone with a couple over at hisstank which was trading them for 2 figures (don't remember which but weren't any so hard to get) so basically he was just helping others out.

As I said its a question of ethic. You can buy the 10 or 100 and make some profit with each one I consider $5 to $10 something acceptable. It all depends of what you thought when you bought them. Did you think "hey let me buy these so I can help some guys before some scalpers get it" or did you thinks "hey I will take them all and make some cash with them". By the way why didn't you try to help people here first instead of selling them on ebay and coming here later?

Anyway they are yours you can do what you want with them but I wouldn't feel comfortable coming here as a helper when you are asking that much money for each of them. It would be best if you just place a topic on the buy/sell section and whoever likes the price gets it who doesn't walks away. Doing it here its just like you're promoting your profitable business.

And so that you know I could have bought several Tygras myself if I wanted didn't do it because I look at this activity as an hobby something to entertain myself and not as a business maybe I'm the jackass here since I spend more then I earn from this.

Even the customs I sell, I do it when a better figure pops out or I do a better one, or I simply get tired of it. Never with the intention of selling them.

Anyway my 2 cents.

Last edited by Grippen; 05-25-2012 at 04:43 AM..
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
you say "you want to complete your 6" team", but you "left several tygras?"
If you know hes been in demand since release.. why didnt you buy them to help others out like your suggesting?

I also buy stuff second market, but since I have a larger network, I am able to get things a significant reduction to 2nd market prices or I do equivalent exchange on a 1:1 2:1 3:1 Level market value for approximate market value

My first post here I was attacked for posting something for sale with no price attached, If this is the reception I get, I really shouldn't have to "help people" here with those kinda of attitudes. Nor would I, Lots of things I want I don't get for the price I want, I pay to Play, I dont cry about about it, I accept it for what it is, "Market conditions"

No one's saying its "Fair or Cool" but I dont attack people for no reason and whine/cry when someone has alot of something I WANT. I dont care if someone post 300 Tygra's/Storm shadows/SDCC Items. I will find the cheapest figure I can and work within my budget, not feel I need to address a situation and post people facebook/Ebay Information because I am upset they have something I couldn't acquire


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippen View Post
Just want to leave my insight on this. I collect mostly GI Joes and with Thundercats its the second line I can say I want to collect. Mostly as everyone noticed I want to complete the 6'' main TC team.

I have a bunch of MU MOC none of them is repeated. I wanted them to open and collect but I noticed I have too much things and not enough space and my priority is GI Joe.

The reason I'm telling this is because I want to make some cash return with those MOC MUs but I'm not planning to sell them now. Maybe in a few years to have some cash return. So I can understand her deal.

However as a collector she should also feel the other side of the coin. Wanting an item and not being able to have it. I could even understand if she had 2 or 3 figures and place it on ebay and goes for much more then she anticipated. Heck I had an extra Cheetara and I was going to place her there and with some luck get more money then I got in the end as I sold her at cost price $16 to a user here.

I preferred to have my money or at least the major part of it (since I didn't include the initial shipping because she was shipped with another figure) and also feel good while helping someone in need.

So to resume grabbing 10 Tygras means you want to run a business out of it and that is not very well seen as you can notice its not a matter of making something illegal or whatever its a matter of ethic. It's not ethical specially from a collector that suffers the same type of situation to grab 10 or more figures knowing how hard it is to find him and sell it like that. I'm not saying you shouldn't make some profit but not 8x more then cost price.

I can understand someone buying 10 or 15 Cobra Troopers and then realizes that he doesn't need them and sells them but not a Tygra. You also mentioned The Renegades SS a very hard to get indeed but on the other day I saw someone with a couple over at hisstank which was trading them for 2 figures (don't remember which but weren't any so hard to get) so basically he was just helping others out.

As I said its a question of ethic. You can buy the 10 or 100 and make some profit with each one I consider $5 to $10 something acceptable. It all depends of what you thought when you bought them. Did you think "hey let me buy these so I can help some guys before some scalpers get it" or did you thinks "hey I will take them all and make some cash with them". By the way why didn't you try to help people here first instead of selling them on ebay and coming here later?

Anyway they are yours you can do what you want with them but I wouldn't feel comfortable coming here as a helper when you are asking that much money for each of them. It would be best if you just place a topic on the buy/sell section and whoever likes the price gets it who doesn't walks away. Doing it here its just like you're promoting your profitable business.

And so that you know I could have bought several Tygras myself if I wanted didn't do it because I look at this activity as an hobby something to entertain myself and not as a business maybe I'm the jackass here since I spend more then I earn from this.

Even the customs I sell, I do it when a better figure pops out or I do a better one, or I simply get tired of it. Never with the intention of selling them.

Anyway my 2 cents.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #13
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Will you sell me one for $17?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
I will find the cheapest figure I can and work within my budget, not feel I need to address a situation and post people facebook/Ebay Information because I am upset they have something I couldn't acquire
Well, to be fair. I was the one who posted your eBay link and not for any of the reasons you mentioned. I have had my Tygra since Feb. I just looked it up out of curiosity since there was a discussion about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Will you sell me one for $17?
Says the guy who has had Cheetara up on eBay for Twenty j/k

Last edited by Tracer; 05-25-2012 at 04:05 PM..
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #15
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
If though, you are a true fan and I have somehow mis-judged you, I apologize. If you're here to sell 6" Tygras to fans and collectors anxious to fill that void in their collection and you want to give us a low and fair price because you like selling fan-to-fan, then I say, "Thank you." I also profusely apologize for mistaking you for the scalping-money-loving-eBay-toy-seller that you first appear to be.
I profusely apologize for mistaking you for the scalping-money-loving-eBay-toy-seller that you first appeared to be. Just a couple tips for future reference: 1.) Don't make your first post on any forum be about what you have to sell. A lot of forums even have rules against such a thing. Comment on other posts, get to know people, post about your collection... then post about sales in the B/S/T area of the forum, not in the main toy thread. 2.) If you want to be taken seriously, use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. There is no need for ALL CAPS unless you mean to shout. And if you do mean to shout, don't. The loudest person isn't the person who's right. Calm down and have a discussion.

One last thing: the term "stalking" is hardly appropriate. By posting your email address, you made it so that no stalking was necessary. It took all of 20 seconds to find your Facebook and eBay pages. I didn't post them here, I simply mentioned them.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Will you sell me one for $17?

I could actually sell you one for $17, but..... Only if you sell me things I need for retail also.

I need a spectra vondergeist in a mint box, from monster high if you want to trade straight across for that I would do it, she retailed for 19.99 on amazon.com

I believe thats a fair trade,

so message me to work out the details.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MONSTER-...4#ht_808wt_712



thats her in the link,

also I would trade for an original issue clawdeen wolf.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-HIgh...f#ht_852wt_968



Tygra retailed for 14.99 at most retailers (when not clearanced)


If you want, I will even give you an additional $5.00 via paypal


Just to show I am fair.


These dolls are still available (but not at retail) The first wave dolls are not "long gone" but as most monster high items are impossible to find I wish you luck

Last edited by Starsapphire; 05-25-2012 at 06:09 PM..
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Grippen's Items on Ebay
Grippen's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
I could actually sell you one for $17, but..... Only if you sell me things I need for retail also.

I need a spectra vondergeist in a mint box, from monster high if you want to trade straight across for that I would do it, she retailed for 19.99 on amazon.com

I believe thats a fair trade,

so message me to work out the details.

NEW MONSTER HIGH DOLL SPECTRA VONDERGEIST VERY HARD TO FIND ! | eBay



thats her in the link,

also I would trade for an original issue clawdeen wolf.
Monster HIgh ORIGINAL SERIES CLAWDEEN WOLF & PET MIB | eBay



Tygra retailed for 14.99 at most retailers (when not clearanced)


If you want, I will even give you an additional $5.00 via paypal


Just to show I am fair.


These dolls are still available (but not at retail) The first wave dolls are not "long gone" but as most monster high items are impossible to find I wish you luck
I simply tried to explain you why everybody was mad. Now this is the way to go and I believe most people made wrong judgments on some issues including myself.

As for your question. At that time I wasn't sure if it would be that rare but even if I knew I don't swim in cash and it would be impossible for me to buy so many. Besides I'm in Portugal so if I bought the extra's I would have to charge the extra shipping of them making them probably $5 more expensive plus the shipping cost. If I was in US then yes you would be right to say that. Still I got him because someone posted here an ebay shop selling them along with another figure (the reason why I go a 2nd cheetara) so I'm sure lots of people bought it there and the ones that didn't was either because they were late or thought they would grab him on retail saving money on a second figure and shipping. For sure some of them regret the decision now.

By the way I may be able to get you that doll I'm not an expert but a store near me is carrying them now. I can check if you want. I can either trade or send her to you at cost price plus shipping just let me know if you're interested. I have no idea how much do they cost.

Last edited by Grippen; 05-25-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
What is Spectra is loose?

I just bought her for the outfit
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #19
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
Tygra retailed for 14.99 at most retailers (when not clearanced)
Tygra was never at retailers and certainly was never on clearance. He either hasn't made it to stores yet or will never be in stores. He has been up for sale on a tiny number (2? 3?) of online retailers and no one has sold him for less than $17.99. Usually you need to buy a case of 2 Tygras, 1 Lion-O, and 1 Cheetrara.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
Well, since the line's been discontinued.....i hope you guys can find a way to complete your collections.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #21
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Well, since the line's been discontinued.....i hope you guys can find a way to complete your collections.


Why they couldn't just put one of each character in a case to begin with... and release a case pack of 6.... 2 lion o' 1 tygra, 1 cheetara, 1 mummra and 1 panthro is beyond me

Also.... where is my wiley kit and wiley kat? How about a nice GRUNE.... Jaga..... Berbils..... so much possibility in 4" and 6"..... I have all the 4" figures except panthro, and Mumm-ra (and slithe).... Panthro with metal arms and mumm-ra single card have been sitting for weeks if not months now..... :/
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #22
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
What is Spectra is loose?

I just bought her for the outfit

If prefer mint in box, I have 2 damaged ones already i got from an ebay seller at $50 a pop.... she LIED to me and told me they were mint,

however one was crushed, and the other was cracked in the window area so basically she lied.

but what ever...I will open them and use them for other things.


If you can find a MIB spectra and or a MIB original clawdeen matching the photos, I will be more than happy to trade +5$

to anyone interested.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #23
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Well that blows ass, I just sold my case fresh Spectra. FML.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #24
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Well that blows ass, I just sold my case fresh Spectra. FML.
dang...
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #25
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Grippen's Items on Ebay
Grippen's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
If prefer mint in box, I have 2 damaged ones already i got from an ebay seller at $50 a pop.... she LIED to me and told me they were mint,

however one was crushed, and the other was cracked in the window area so basically she lied.

but what ever...I will open them and use them for other things.


If you can find a MIB spectra and or a MIB original clawdeen matching the photos, I will be more than happy to trade +5$

to anyone interested.

I will check today and let you know if they have any of the figures you want. Do you have a price limit? Please notice that I'm in Portugal and shipping prices can be a bit higher.

I do not need a Tygra for trade we could discuss something else or I could work as a middle man for someone else here get a Tygra.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
all depends on shipping cost, if its going to be rediculous high out of portugal, then I wouldn't be interested due to cost, I am willing to put forth Tygra Plus 5 and shipping within the USA however anything more than that wouldn't really be cost effective for the item for me.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #27
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
.

Last edited by Starsapphire; 05-27-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #28
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Grippen's Items on Ebay
Grippen's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 66
I checked yesterday couldn't find the time to post here. They only have 3 or 4 of those dolls none of the ones you wanted. Out of those 3 or 4 thery have a bunch 5 or so of each.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #29
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
ah ok, well thanks for checking.....
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
.
Good thing you edited it because your post made you sound the like one with maturity issues.
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #31
xander88
Thunder Kitty
xander88's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 118
There isn't much point now. If the line is still going then he'll turn up but if it isn't, he's not worth having. I got one a while ago from ETC but that was only worth it because the price was reasonable and it came with Cheetara and at the time I didn't think the line was going away. It was on a 'buy it now' so I didn't have to get into a bidding war (It's not really the seller's fault if it goes for a ridiculous price. It comes down to what people are willing to pay.) At this point, reasonable price or not, the appeal goes away when it looks as though bandai don't have other characters in the works. I don't expect that everyone shares my view, some people will want this figure anyway.

Last edited by xander88; 05-27-2012 at 05:09 PM..
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #32
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Good thing you edited it because your post made you sound the like one with maturity issues.

Considering it was up for about 5 minutes or less, its nice to know that I am being watched like a hawk


However, the person paid, and I second chance offered the other bidder
But thanks
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #33
dj7000
Thunder Kitty
dj7000's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
Hmm nice "rant" considering you don't know me or my situation, but yet you "lash out" (with complete ignorance) at me, with welcoming parties like this, and fans like you its amazing how thunder cats survived as long as it has, if this is the type of board that your moderators allow then I can see why the fan base remains small. you don't know How I got the tygras If I have these 4 10,000 more if i got them for 10$ each if i paid 50$ each or what have you, why don't you take your pompous self righteous/self serving attitude and please bother someone else, I have *1* post and I am "immediately" attacked? because I stated that the going rate for an item currently is $50-$70 when you asked what I was looking for? Did I say I trading was not an option did I say that was my price? why are you stalking my ebay profile?
Also I am aware of what my cover photo has on facebook, you know nothing about be, but I know that you put your foot in your mouth apparently. So my suggestion would be to take your anger and frustration and find a NEW TARGET. Perhaps you can call Bandai, or Toysrus/Walmart/Brick and mortar retailer A/B/C and tell them about your problems due to poor distribution. You can't blame me for your issue and or inability to find something as I told you via PM I have TYGRA available its not different that something new or hot, folks buy and sell via ebay all the time. If you would have "Stalked" a little further into my profile you would see that I am not just a SELLER but I collect various other things. But of course you want to just pick and choose your words and or things you see fit, There are people like you all over the internet, Frankly I am sick of people like you, Have I ever posted asking for things at cost? Will someone sell me Vintage "mib" cats lair for 100$? what about anything thats new, oh I don't know how about a renegades storm shadow? Or I could name 1000 other figures. (I collect ALOT!) Of course you wouldn't know that because you make 'ASSUMPTIONS" I also have SOLD ALOT and will continue to do so with out without this site, if you must know, my auctions aren't ending, and I am "panicking" Umm ok, Brains, if you notice I had listed it as a 3-day auction If it sells cool if it doesn't sell I honestly don't care. I personally love thundercats I Have the 8" and 6" versions as well at the Mumm-ra staction and soon to be cats lair statue... this will be the 'only" reply you get from me, as If i can find a way to BLOCK YOU I will do so. you have your self a nice night, and Good luck in your hunt for a BETTER ATTITUDE and TOYS you seek.
Come on now, he did offer apologies if you were on the up and up.
dj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #34
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj7000 View Post
Come on now, he did offer apologies if you were on the up and up.

Well Im pretty sure my auctions at 69.99 with free shipping upset him..... so coming back to report, that that tygra I had on auction ended for significantly more than that is only going to ruffle feathers further. Add that to the fact that I actually sold my own Tygra also, as a second chance offer.. but really, I did try to trade for monster high stuff.... but unfortunately no one could help me (i want 2 really hard to get dolls)... So if I get more (which i doubt I will, I hope I do for me though cuz I really like the figure)..... if anyone comes across a spectra MIB and or a clawdeen first edition MIB..... hit me up


Oh and just for the record, I actually traded 3 Tygras I had to friends of mine for less than what they went for on ebay because I take care of my friends, I didnt do it at cost, but they helped me get a few things I wanted and the price was "fair"
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
Yes indeed. Nothing says, "I'm an awesome dude" than hocking a $70 action figure to heartfelt fans.

Fantastic.
gjustis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #36
Chewblacca
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Having read all of this so far, here's my 2 cents. If your intention is to make money off of a figure that many of us fans really wants, then put your figure on ebay like you did, and sell it for however much you want. But when you come on a fan site, fans assume you want to do fair trade or a reasonable sale for it. I've been checking the ebay auctions for Tygra and see that the starting prices for some of these show the intentions of the seller. The guy with six of them selling them for a hundred dollars and up, just wants to fill his pockets, while the guy with a starting bid of 99 cents is interested in letting it go for however much it does.
Chewblacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #37
Chewblacca
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
And from a quick ebay check I see that you've sold 4 Tygra's for more than $300.00. That's a nice profit on a $20.00 toy.
Chewblacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #38
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
I usually start my auctions for low starting amounts and if I have multiples I put them up, the reason I started the other 2 at 69.99 is someone just paid $76 and as a seller i didn't feel it was right to put it up for for insanely less than what I just sold it for as a BIN Price, I put a lower starting bid I believe, so someone could have bid it and possibily won it for $20, I put the other one i had up for 17.99 as an auction only (originally I had the others up as an auction only also but i put BIN 3 day auctions as people like me, who want it NOW don't like to wait. if you have It, and I want it I dont care. But don't worry I have sold all the tygras I had, also if I happen to find/get more, the folks who "complained/felt they had to put thier 2 cents in, can just skip my posts I didn't know that 'being a fan' when i signed up entitled me to things at cost, if I kick and stomp my feet and or attack people I don't know over the internet out of jealousy/nerd rage. sincerely, I Hope that all the folks whether they like me or not are able to find a Tygra within thier budget, or are able to trade and accquire it within reasonable means, Honestly I probably will end up with more of them, but I won't post them again here because its gonna create more hate, folks are obviously passionate about the figures, but really all your anger shouldn't be directed at me, it should directed at Bandai/Toys R us/Wal-mart and on line retailers, They are the ones ultimately responsible for having product available, but in turn Fans are responsible for making a line succeed or fail, All these folks who don't "Have a Tygra" did you buy your figures at 15.99 or what ever price at retail? or did you do like I did and SCOFF at the price? and buy them (all but Tygra) on clearance for 9.99 at walmart? I bought several figures from walmart for 9.97 In my cabinet, I have Panthro/Mumm-ra/Cheetara/and Lion O... I also have all of those same figures MOC (2 sets) For some odd reason, I could only find panthro and MUMM-RA At tru and I got cheetara and lion o from WM... IDK..... but anyways my point is, the only folks who are responsible for figures going for crazy money are the FANS because A.) They bid them up to the prices or choose 'BIN" or B.) they decide that a figures price point is to high initially, and don't pay it leading to retailers to believe the figures are "not a good retail investment" and don't reorder additional waves, so therefore the figures sit in warehouses and don't see distribution causing people who are impatient or "have to have it" to drive the price insanely high.
People can think what they want, but if you go through ALL MY ebay feedback you will see not only do I "sell high" but i "buy high" to..... I make money and I break even on certain things, this isn't my business its my hobby I dont "need" to sell things for money to pay my bills, but it does help signifigantly when trying to find things I passed on, or don't feel justified in paying inflated mark up on... I have no probelm dropping 200$ on a hot toy 12" doll..... but an original frankie stein (black white) version from sdcc for $300.. sorry, as much as I want it, its not in my budget, even if i can afford it, but for those who can and do it... I congratulate them
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #39
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
fan or no fan, if you can make anywhere up to 20 bucks extra a figure, thats not bad at all!!! 20 bucks is gas money trying to find the friggin thing, and early bird gets the worm. Now if you were selling em at 100 bucks, id shake my fist and do nothing else about it.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #40
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
fan or no fan, if you can make anywhere up to 20 bucks extra a figure, thats not bad at all!!! 20 bucks is gas money trying to find the friggin thing, and early bird gets the worm. Now if you were selling em at 100 bucks, id shake my fist and do nothing else about it.


Ya a couple did do that, (not trying to rub it in) or anything, I know I was bidding, I don't know if I would feel "comfortable" going that high.... I am still like at paying 30 for resolute stormshadow from a friend... but then again I live in northern california.. so we have literally people who "Live at the store"..
I can't and wont do that not my style,

I felt the BIN was more than fair for the 2 I had, and only put them up for that cuz the previous one ended for the price it did, had they ended at 29.99.. I would have put them remaining figures I had up for 29.99 BIN plus shipping or w/e... or if they had sold for less than that, I probably wouldn't have put them on ebay cuz 20% fees suck :/
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #41
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
Neutralize all you want - you're still hocking $70 figures to fans.

Commendable.
gjustis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #42
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjustis View Post
Neutralize all you want - you're still hocking $70 figures to fans.

Commendable.

you say that like its a bad thing....


Hopefully you realize my sarcam^
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
Chewblacca
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Like I said. If you want to make a buck, by all means go on ebay to make some money. But when you come to a fan site with the intent on milking a $20.00 figure that a lot of fans want. Then you're asking for it.
Chewblacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #44
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewblacca View Post
Like I said. If you want to make a buck, by all means go on ebay to make some money. But when you come to a fan site with the intent on milking a $20.00 figure that a lot of fans want. Then you're asking for it.
not really, i can't control people who want to whine/cry and if you remember correctly, did i post my ebay auction links? no..... did I put a ridiculous bin? no.... did 1/2 a dozen people try to gripe about it and attack me............. YES

Star 1 Thundercats fans 0





Also if this is how this board is, (gonna get bent over someone with more than 1 of something, who tries to trade it or take offers on it.... sorry its not 'free' or @cost plus shipping..... but I asked for several things, and the only thing I got in return were complaints..... I think what a total of 6 ppl had negative things to say.. and 2 people tried to help...... thats not a good ratio.... but its ok, atleast I can commend those 2 folks for TRYING.
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #45
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Hell, I think it just pisses alot of us off that we cant find it, so it seems frustrating in the long run. Does it personally piss me off that people are on ebay asking 100? Yes. Because the figures should be in our hands, not "scalpers".

However, toy collecting has been a shit fuck of a sport since Star Wars 96. Would I ever pay more than 40 for a Tygra? No way. Thats insane, especially since they will be in the UK in full waves soon and I'll try and have some friends send me one. I just want one.

But hey, some people have money to burn.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #46
Mongor
You got red on you.
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Hell, I think it just pisses alot of us off that we cant find it, so it seems frustrating in the long run. Does it personally piss me off that people are on ebay asking 100? Yes. Because the figures should be in our hands, not "scalpers".

However, toy collecting has been a shit fuck of a sport since Star Wars 96. Would I ever pay more than 40 for a Tygra? No way. Thats insane, especially since they will be in the UK in full waves soon and I'll try and have some friends send me one. I just want one.

But hey, some people have money to burn.
100% agree. The funny thing is, it's just a piece of plastic. It doesn't do anything. F it. If you can grab a C note for it, go for it. I sold mine. Tygra's nice, but the green is nicer. I honestly feel that these people who paid these crazy prices are going to be very disappointed when they see what their money got them. I think it's just the thrill of the hunt for one.
I want one for my collection but I'm with you dude, $40 is where I draw the line too and that's more than generous. Besides, Tygra is a douchebag. Even his toy is difficult.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #47
Starsapphire
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
100% agree. The funny thing is, it's just a piece of plastic. It doesn't do anything. F it. If you can grab a C note for it, go for it. I sold mine. Tygra's nice, but the green is nicer. I honestly feel that these people who paid these crazy prices are going to be very disappointed when they see what their money got them. I think it's just the thrill of the hunt for one.
I want one for my collection but I'm with you dude, $40 is where I draw the line too and that's more than generous. Besides, Tygra is a douchebag. Even his toy is difficult.


lmao.... u 2 guise are funny.... you and the one above u

Nice to see cool people with opinions who dont kick dirt on others due to thier own frustrations, those are the kind of folks I tend to try and help.. when I can
Starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #48
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
lmao.... u 2 guise are funny.... you and the one above u

Nice to see cool people with opinions who dont kick dirt on others due to thier own frustrations, those are the kind of folks I tend to try and help.. when I can
So gimme a Tygra then. I'll even wax your car AND rainX your windows!!!! You cant beat that.

Totally agree with mongor here, its just plastic, and NEW plastic. Its not like your hoarding LJN 8 backs. Money is money though, we all need it, and some get lucky.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #49
glane21
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsapphire View Post
not really, i can't control people who want to whine/cry and if you remember correctly, did i post my ebay auction links? no..... did I put a ridiculous bin? no.... did 1/2 a dozen people try to gripe about it and attack me............. YES

Star 1 Thundercats fans 0





Also if this is how this board is, (gonna get bent over someone with more than 1 of something, who tries to trade it or take offers on it.... sorry its not 'free' or @cost plus shipping..... but I asked for several things, and the only thing I got in return were complaints..... I think what a total of 6 ppl had negative things to say.. and 2 people tried to help...... thats not a good ratio.... but its ok, atleast I can commend those 2 folks for TRYING.

Whatever dude or dudette, as the case may be, you're a douchebag scalper. You know it. We all know it. Englishw pegged it up in the second post and he called it right. Your justifications are classic scalper logic. I mean you're just here to help us poor ignorant board members right? And hell at a bargain discount on what your first scalp went for. Hell's bells we should put your picture up in the banner for being full of such awesomeness.

Look, just list your stuff on eBay and be done with it. Don't come on a fanboard and expect to be heralded by the very group you're trying to gouge. That's just full on stupid.

By the way there are plenty of boxed Spectra Vondergeists on eBay and you've made enough on the Tygras to buy them. What's the problem? Don't want to pay $70 for a $20 toy? Funny how that works. Douchebag.
glane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #50
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
Badoom-crash!

And there you have it.

In all seriousness, starsapphire: it's not terribly funny, nor are the more biting comments merely a result of fanboy "frustration." Such bad feelings are a perfectly understandable reaction to someone hopping onboard and hocking excessively-priced toys to heartfelt fans - this is representative of someone interested not in participating in a community (something many folks here value greatly), but rather exclusively in making a substantial profit, to the considerable financial detriment of "fellow" fans.

"I'm just givin' the public what it wants!" is, indeed, classic profiteers neutralization - employed by hocksters since time immemorial, from Robber Barons to village soapbox salesmen - espoused this time by some juvenile on the internet selling toys. Old as dirt, and hardly unique - and terribly, terribly stale.

If you want to profit and profit alone, fine; that's your perogative. But such behavior is hardly a laudable thing, and make no mistake: will not be welcomed on this or any other fan-based message board. Just FYI.

Last edited by gjustis; 05-28-2012 at 11:56 PM..
gjustis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WonderCon 2012: Robin Atkin Downes Talks "Mumm-Ra" krazycp Thundercats Cartoons 2 03-28-2012 08:45 PM
8" Lion-O for sale/trade Ravenxl7 Buy Sell Trade 7 03-25-2012 11:42 PM
Killeen,Texas"JMV Toy Collectors Show"Saturday March 3,2012 promotercat Thundercats Conventions and Get Togethers 0 02-03-2012 07:24 AM
Anyone looking for 4" Cheetara? For sale. L1three Buy Sell Trade 1 01-08-2012 05:30 PM
New 4" Inch Bandai Figures For Sale sudelaya Thundercats on eBay 0 08-26-2011 02:55 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS