TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #251
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
How is that not good?

And what are the ratings for those who watched it that don't have Nielson boxes? How about those that DVR'd it and watched it later?
I think CN expected more with them being sloted Friday (prime time) and Saturday. Those numbers look average to me and you have to figure the toys too.

Of the people I know, I am the only one that watches the NS.

Unless your anime has a great story (thinking outside the box) or the popular genres, your show will not do well in Japan.

Lot of popular animes are popular mangas first.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-06-2012 at 10:18 AM..
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #252
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I think CN expected more with them being sloted Friday (prime time) and Saturday. Those numbers look average to me and you have to figure the toys too.

Of the people I know, I am the only one that watches the NS.
No matter what "the real" case is/are, be that the toys sales or the ratings. If the ratings were really good then CN and WB will greenlight the show right away for another season at the very least and not waiting this long where it's almost nearing the end of the season, 'tis simple logic for a newly made cartoon that they have invested money on.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #253
stac
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
This is off-topic. For those who may be interested, Tron: Uprising has premiered on Disney XD. Cheetara’s voice actor, Emmanuelle Chriqui also voices a character on the show. I hope she has more to do on Tron than she’s had on ThunderCats.
You can find the first episode online here (US only).
stac is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #254
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
This is off-topic. For those who may be interested, Tron: Uprising has premiered on Disney XD. Cheetara’s voice actor, Emmanuelle Chriqui also voices a character on the show. I hope she has more to do on Tron than she’s had on ThunderCats.
You can find the first episode online here (US only).
I've had a couple of people mention this show to me and that it's pretty good. I loved the new Tron movie so I might check this out.
AlexofThundera is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #255
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Wrong, the won't do reruns unless you name is Johnny Test.
they won't let that show die... there hasn't been a new ep of Johnny Test in at least 2 years... lol
CCDustyV is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #256
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
This is off-topic. For those who may be interested, Tron: Uprising has premiered on Disney XD. Cheetara’s voice actor, Emmanuelle Chriqui also voices a character on the show. I hope she has more to do on Tron than she’s had on ThunderCats.
You can find the first episode online here (US only).
Thanks.

I saw the first episode Beck rising. She has more lines in one episode than she has had in the past 4 episodes.

It looks like she might be a LI for the main character/hero, go figure.

I do like her voice though.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #257
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
they won't let that show die... there hasn't been a new ep of Johnny Test in at least 2 years... lol
The key is, who makes Johnny Test. If it is CN, they will never take it off.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #258
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
No matter what "the real" case is/are, be that the toys sales or the ratings. If the ratings were really good then CN and WB will greenlight the show right away for another season at the very least and not waiting this long where it's almost nearing the end of the season, 'tis simple logic for a newly made cartoon that they have invested money on.

________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
So true.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #259
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Pravus Prime's Items on Ebay
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Bull crap it didn't. Matthew Mercer himself said at Anime Matsuri in April that since the slot change that ratings have DOUBLED.
The Soul Sever had 1.428 million viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
and after that it stayed between 1.5 and 1.8 and never dropping below 1.4. for saturday morning that's not bad.
Except when it did. Including Into the Astral Plane at 1.33.
Pravus Prime is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #260
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
The Soul Sever had 1.428 million viewers.



Except when it did. Including Into the Astral Plane at 1.33.
I believe there is a certain factor that has caused this show to go the way it did. Some fans wouldn't agree.

CN can get these ratings from their own rerunned cartoons.

I would like to know MJ's pitch to get WB and CN to sign off on his fanfic.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #261
Mongor
You got red on you.
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 258
I absolutely love this show despite some recent weak episodes but I'm not sure there's a lot to be hopeful about. 2 episodes left, no talks of renewal, zero promotion and a dead toy line ( face it, the toys are over ) don't leave a lot to bet on.
I sure as shit hope the powers that be don't come to this board to see what the fans think or want. With comments like there are here you have to ask "these are the fans of the show?" While many posters here make great points and the show isn't perfect, too many here seem to troll and just complain to complain and threaten to give up on it in 2 weeks. If that's my target audience and everything else considered, I wouldn't renew it either.
The ratings were the one thing I was hoping for just because they can charge more for ad revenue. If they aren't there the only hope is another network gets TCats. I'm cool with TCats followed by Voltron Force.
Mongor is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #262
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
I absolutely love this show despite some recent weak episodes but I'm not sure there's a lot to be hopeful about. 2 episodes left, no talks of renewal, zero promotion and a dead toy line ( face it, the toys are over ) don't leave a lot to bet on.
I sure as shit hope the powers that be don't come to this board to see what the fans think or want. With comments like there are here you have to ask "these are the fans of the show?" While many posters here make great points and the show isn't perfect, too many here seem to troll and just complain to complain and threaten to give up on it in 2 weeks. If that's my target audience and everything else considered, I wouldn't renew it either.
The ratings were the one thing I was hoping for just because they can charge more for ad revenue. If they aren't there the only hope is another network gets TCats. I'm cool with TCats followed by Voltron Force.
I find this TCats very different from the OS. I grew up with the OS and I don't like how the show went. They also left out a lot of details that they said we had to figure out on our own, who does that?

Good management looks at everything and seperates the likes and don't likes. Then they try to make it better. Everybody complains, that is life. If you like the show that is great, but I am not impressed. To many holes.

If I was mangaement, I would change my writers. I think everything else on the show is great. Love the music.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #263
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
The key is, who makes Johnny Test. If it is CN, they will never take it off.
Johnny Test was made by WB animation, same as Thundercats.
Balgus82 is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #264
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 276
There is a big cost difference between Johnny Test animation and STUDIO 4°C Thundercats animation.
Tracer is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #265
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
There is a big cost difference between Johnny Test animation and STUDIO 4°C Thundercats animation.
That's because Johnny Test's animation is oversimplified crap.
Balgus82 is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #266
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Johnny Test was made by WB animation, same as Thundercats.
Funny that they actually used traditional animation in the first season before moving to flash. :P

This is exactly how I feel about flash abuse:
CreepySariFan is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #267
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
The Soul Sever had 1.428 million viewers.



Except when it did. Including Into the Astral Plane at 1.33.
missed that one, and like I said, Chuck had ratings in the 1.1 hits, and it continued on. but majority of the eps have been 1.5-1.8, if it's matching the ratings of other shows in its channel's block (which it is and surpassing a few) than it has a good shot. ya'all are like the lady wanting to pull life support when the spouse is just taking a nap. (kudos if you catch the reference) support the show, send messages you want it to continue, send emails. preparing the funeral here isn't helping at all!
CCDustyV is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #268
Mongor
You got red on you.
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
support the show, send messages you want it to continue, send emails. preparing the funeral here isn't helping at all!
^This.
Mongor is offline  
Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #269
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
That's because Johnny Test's animation is oversimplified crap.
Yup as is much of today's animation.
Tracer is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #270
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I think CN expected more with them being sloted Friday (prime time) and Saturday. Those numbers look average to me and you have to figure the toys too.

Of the people I know, I am the only one that watches the NS.

Unless your anime has a great story (thinking outside the box) or the popular genres, your show will not do well in Japan.

Lot of popular animes are popular mangas first.
Huh? What does anime have to do with my question about those not being good ratings?

As for Thundercats' voice acting, my biggest problem is that all of the last 6 episodes save the Blades one felt like they were just reading their lines. Maybe the show was indeed cancelled, and that is when they were notified, so they stopped caring to act.

Last edited by Dr Kain; 06-07-2012 at 01:01 AM..
Dr Kain is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #271
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
That's because Johnny Test's animation is oversimplified crap.
In the anime/cartoon market it is all about money.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #272
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Huh? What does anime have to do with my question about those not being good ratings?

As for Thundercats' voice acting, my biggest problem is that all of the last 6 episodes save the Blades one felt like they were just reading their lines. Maybe the show was indeed cancelled, and that is when they were notified, so they stopped caring to act.
My point is if they spent more money on this show than other cartoons and they are getting the same ratings with cheaper cartoons (toy line sells better), why should they keep investing in a show that is not bring them more money than the other shows?

Look at some of the trash on CN's adult swim, they are cheap shows that are bring them ratings. They are going to go with what makes them money.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #273
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
This is off-topic. For those who may be interested, Tron: Uprising has premiered on Disney XD. Cheetara’s voice actor, Emmanuelle Chriqui also voices a character on the show. I hope she has more to do on Tron than she’s had on ThunderCats.
You can find the first episode online here (US only).
That show has the weirdest looking facial designs I have evers seen in a CGI cartoon. The visuals are amazing otherwise - totally like the new TRON movie - but the faces! Ugh! They look like someone designed a symmetrical face in 3DMax and then left his desk open and his 10-year old kid fiddled with the X/Y/Z axises. The main villain Tessler has a conical head, Beck's best friend has a forward-jutting jaw that'd make a chimpanzee proud, Tron himself has his head elongated upwards, and the latest episode had a girl who had her lips and nose pushed down to the bottom of her face. Oh and there is a black dude who has a nose that makes him look like a troll at best.

Chriqui's character (a villainess btw) is one of the better looking designs, btw. Generally, you are happy with the show until someone takes his helmet off.
BB Shockwave is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #274
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
I think the animation designs are excellent in Tron Uprising. It makes me think of Peter Chung's style with Reign and Aeon Flux.
Dr Kain is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #275
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
I absolutely love this show despite some recent weak episodes but I'm not sure there's a lot to be hopeful about. 2 episodes left, no talks of renewal, zero promotion and a dead toy line ( face it, the toys are over ) don't leave a lot to bet on.
I sure as shit hope the powers that be don't come to this board to see what the fans think or want. With comments like there are here you have to ask "these are the fans of the show?" While many posters here make great points and the show isn't perfect, too many here seem to troll and just complain to complain and threaten to give up on it in 2 weeks. If that's my target audience and everything else considered, I wouldn't renew it either.
The ratings were the one thing I was hoping for just because they can charge more for ad revenue. If they aren't there the only hope is another network gets TCats. I'm cool with TCats followed by Voltron Force.
That's what I am saying, but this bitchy fanbase just ignores me. Instead of being happy that after 25 years, someone took up the long-dead show to remake it, and quite faithfully at that (I mean, compare this to the treatment TF shows in general got from Michael Bay), and all they can do is complain, complain, complain. Half the people here have signatures with a variation of "Jelenic/Norton/CN RUINED THUNDERCATS FOREVER!!!" Seriously. It's depressing.

See, I am a long-time Transformers fan. I don't happen to like the new show, TF Prime. But I don't go around putting this into my signature and starting threads about how Orci and Kurtzmann (same people who made the scripts for the first two movies, BTW) ruined Transformers forever. I even watch the show, just out of curiosity and because there are some parts and characters of it I do like. I don't collect the toys, though, apart from 1-2 that were to my liking.

I wish the TC fans would understand, if the powers that be axe this show, there is a good chance they won't see any new Thundercats show (and thus, merchandise) ever again. Same way no-one ever revived/rebooted Challenge of the Gobots or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, or Bravestarr... and likely, never will. Then you can go back to discussing the same old show you all know for the last detail, with nothing new in sight. Is that what you really want?
And man, I would understand you if you have gotten some anime crap with 40-episode padding that has practically nothing to do with the old show... Ever seen Transformers Armada? Basically Pokemon, with Transformers, where for example, Starscream - you know, the guy who in G1, betrays everyone and constantly tries to ursurp Megatron - is an emotionally unhinged impressionable youngster who wants to prove his worth to Megatron, and becomes good friends with some human children, even joining the Autobots for a while.... Just saying this so you can see how lucky you are your revived cartoon is so very close in design and character to the old one.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-07-2012 at 09:28 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #276
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I think the animation designs are excellent in Tron Uprising. It makes me think of Peter Chung's style with Reign and Aeon Flux.
Really? Like...this guy?



Or here is Tesser. Why is his forehead twice as long as his face? He has a second brain in there?



This would be OK if the show had such an exaggerated style otherwise as well, but no - the bodies of these characters are anatomically correct, and the various buildings and vehicles are perfect geometrics shapes. Making the faces seem all the more distorted in comparison. Not just my opinion, I have seen a lot of people comment on this on other boards. The show is not bad otherwise, and has a really surprisingly good voice cast - heck, they got the guy who voiced Tron in 1982 to come onboard, plus Elijah Wood to voice Beck!
BB Shockwave is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #277
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Really? Like...this guy?



Or here is Tesser. Why is his forehead twice as long as his face? He has a second brain in there?



This would be OK if the show had such an exaggerated style otherwise as well, but no - the bodies of these characters are anatomically correct, and the various buildings and vehicles are perfect geometrics shapes. Making the faces seem all the more distorted in comparison. Not just my opinion, I have seen a lot of people comment on this on other boards. The show is not bad otherwise, and has a really surprisingly good voice cast - heck, they got the guy who voiced Tron in 1982 to come onboard, plus Elijah Wood to voice Beck!
Anatomically correct? His knees are thinner than his chin, and his legs go up past his sternum. I've never seen the show, but the designs look pretty interesting. There's that cranky fan base again- it's either "boring," "cheap" or "weird" unless it looks exactly like animation from 1985.
Cat's Pajamas is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #278
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
That's what I am saying, but this bitchy fanbase just ignores me. Instead of being happy that after 25 years, someone took up the long-dead show to remake it, and quite faithfully at that (I mean, compare this to the treatment TF shows in general got from Michael Bay), and all they can do is complain, complain, complain. Half the people here have signatures with a variation of "Jelenic/Norton/CN RUINED THUNDERCATS FOREVER!!!" Seriously. It's depressing.

See, I am a long-time Transformers fan. I don't happen to like the new show, TF Prime. But I don't go around putting this into my signature and starting threads about how Orci and Kurtzmann (same people who made the scripts for the first two movies, BTW) ruined Transformers forever. I even watch the show, just out of curiosity and because there are some parts and characters of it I do like. I don't collect the toys, though, apart from 1-2 that were to my liking.

I wish the TC fans would understand, if the powers that be axe this show, there is a good chance they won't see any new Thundercats show (and thus, merchandise) ever again. Same way no-one ever revived/rebooted Challenge of the Gobots or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, or Bravestarr... and likely, never will. Then you can go back to discussing the same old show you all know for the last detail, with nothing new in sight. Is that what you really want?
And man, I would understand you if you have gotten some anime crap with 40-episode padding that has practically nothing to do with the old show... Ever seen Transformers Armada? Basically Pokemon, with Transformers, where for example, Starscream - you know, the guy who in G1, betrays everyone and constantly tries to ursurp Megatron - is an emotionally unhinged impressionable youngster who wants to prove his worth to Megatron, and becomes good friends with some human children, even joining the Autobots for a while.... Just saying this so you can see how lucky you are your revived cartoon is so very close in design and character to the old one.
How are they being faithfully? To what the comic or OS.

You can't compare TF to Tcats. TF has had many reboots. It would be different if this was another reboot for TCats.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-07-2012 at 10:09 AM..
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #279
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Really? Like...this guy?



Or here is Tesser. Why is his forehead twice as long as his face? He has a second brain in there?



This would be OK if the show had such an exaggerated style otherwise as well, but no - the bodies of these characters are anatomically correct, and the various buildings and vehicles are perfect geometrics shapes. Making the faces seem all the more distorted in comparison. Not just my opinion, I have seen a lot of people comment on this on other boards. The show is not bad otherwise, and has a really surprisingly good voice cast - heck, they got the guy who voiced Tron in 1982 to come onboard, plus Elijah Wood to voice Beck!
Yeah, it is called STYLIZED.







Dr Kain is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #280
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
I call it ugly... Sorry, just totally detracts from my enjoyment of the show. Which, as I sad, is not bad. Certainly already has a stronger story then the new movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
80s??

I watched TCats, Voltron, Silver hawk, GI Joe, Transformers, and a bunch of cartoons on week days. Where have you been.
In school? Like everyone?

I never understood why Sky One and other channels were showing cartoons in the weekday mornings, when kids were already going to school. Or does school only start at 10.00 AM for americans? Here in Europe, I only got to watch cartoons on weekday mornings when I was home sick or had a holiday.
BB Shockwave is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #281
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I call it ugly... Sorry, just totally detracts from my enjoyment of the show. Which, as I sad, is not bad. Certainly already has a stronger story then the new movie.



In school? Like everyone?

I never understood why Sky One and other channels were showing cartoons in the weekday mornings, when kids were already going to school. Or does school only start at 10.00 AM for americans? Here in Europe, I only got to watch cartoons on weekday mornings when I was home sick or had a holiday.
Most of the cartoons started 0630-0900. I saw the 0700 ones before I had to go to school.

You had cartoons on when you got home from school. That is how I saw toonami and my love for anime started.
L08e16o is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #282
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I call it ugly... Sorry, just totally detracts from my enjoyment of the show. Which, as I sad, is not bad. Certainly already has a stronger story then the new movie..
That's cool that you disagree, but I would rather have the animation we got over bland character designs that you see in every series.

And of course the story is going to be stronger, they have more time to flesh everything out. However, the movie is still excellent, and until this show has Zeus, it will be inferior in my eyes.
Dr Kain is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #283
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
MegaGearX's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Camden, New Jersey
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
In school? Like everyone?

I never understood why Sky One and other channels were showing cartoons in the weekday mornings, when kids were already going to school. Or does school only start at 10.00 AM for americans? Here in Europe, I only got to watch cartoons on weekday mornings when I was home sick or had a holiday.
Some of us had schools close enough to get to in time after the cartoons ended. In the US, cartoons started at 7am. I stopped watching at 8am and left for school. It was close enough for me to walk to before classes started at 8:30am. The kids would hang out in the schoolyard, discussing the latest episodes before the doors let the kids in. School ended at 3pm and then I had to dash home to see the cartoons.

This was FOX29 in the Philly area during 1984:

3:00pm Thundercats
3:30pm He-Man
4:00pm Transformers
4:30pm G.I. Joe

Cartoons did come on during Saturday mornings, but they were on all of the major stations (before Saved by the Bell and news took over) from 6am to 1pm.

Last edited by MegaGearX; 06-08-2012 at 11:35 AM..
MegaGearX is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #284
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post

3:00pm Thundercats
3:30pm He-Man
4:00pm Transformers
4:30pm G.I. Joe
Ahh the good old days.
AlexofThundera is offline  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #285
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 211
My elementary school started at 9:15, I lived 3 blocks away. I could watch cartoons until about 8:45 before I need to leave my house. Usually I would watch Gargoyles, Power Rangers, Sailor Moon, and when we got Sci-Fi channel, I would watch the G1 Transformers. I was born in 82, so by the time I started school (87), all of the good cartoons were no longer on the air.
Dr Kain is offline  
Old 06-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #286
Sirokos2000
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Hopefully we have re-runs from june 23 :-)
Sirokos2000 is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #287
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In a state of Denial
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirokos2000 View Post
Hopefully we have re-runs from june 23 :-)
Omens Part 1 June 23
Omens Part 2 June 24
monothingie is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #288
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 145
that's a good sign.
CCDustyV is offline  
Old 06-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #289
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
For me it was FOX 5 NY --

Something, I forget what, then....
Denis The Menace, then....
"Fox 5 SuperStars"
SilverHawks
She-Ra
He-Man
Thundercats

Im getting fucking chills just typing that. Ugh... so many happy memories. 1980's forever.
Kregermeister is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #290
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
My elementary school started at 9:15, I lived 3 blocks away. I could watch cartoons until about 8:45 before I need to leave my house. Usually I would watch Gargoyles, Power Rangers, Sailor Moon, and when we got Sci-Fi channel, I would watch the G1 Transformers. I was born in 82, so by the time I started school (87), all of the good cartoons were no longer on the air.
We usually had to go to school by 8AM, but about 3 times per week we had school at 7AM, and we had to leave half an hour before start anyway... Did not usually get home before 15:00 and then we had to do homework. I was born in 1978, but we only got a VHS around 1989 when we could finally got to Austria beyond the Iron Curtain, and we only started getting sattelite TV reception around 1987-88... I used to record DJ Cat Show (SKy One) and Fun Factory when I could, and watched the cartoons in the weekends on saturday morning (sunday was for church).
BB Shockwave is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #291
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
...I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

I came here hoping to find support and backing for this series. I was trying to avoid the negativity and flat out hatred I had found at the other sites.

And while I have found SOME support......quite a few of you, quite frankly, PISS ME OFF.

You run around here, spewing off about how the old series was much better. About how Jelenic and Norton are "ruining" ThunderCats. Some of you even brazen enough to put it in your signatures.

And some of you even hateful enough to type it with a SMILE.

I speak to Mr. Norton fairly regularly. And let me tell YOU something.....he's a DARN good man with a DEEP LOVE for this series. And I SERIOUSLY doubt he would allow anyone on staff who didn't. You know what notes they had on their office doors? "The moment you've been dreaming of since you were 12."

This ThunderCats is a FLEDGLING SHOW AND LINE. IT. TAKES. TIME. Want to know how Transformers fans got great things like Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated? THEY SUPPORTED THE PREVIOUS LINES. Have you SEEN G1 recently? It. Was. TERRIBLE. And yet, it survived. Why? SUPPORT.

How DARE some of you run around HOPING that this line die. Do you WANT to wait another 25 years for another series to come out? Because I certainly don't. You people blither around about how much you "love" ThunderCats. First off, I'll tell you how much "I" LOVE ThunderCats. This has, and will ALWAYS be my favorite show. It taught me great morals I STILL live my life by. I have the ThunderCats symbol on EVERY door of my house. I wear my ThunderCats belt buckle EVERYWHERE I go. I lived through a rather abusive childhood, and sometimes this show was one of the only things giving me HOPE for a better future.

Yes, the new series has been slightly rushed. And yes, the writing has been somewhat predictable. BUT GUESS WHAT? You'll be hard pressed to find a show on T.V. that ISN'T.

You want the series to do better? You want better figures? THEN SUPPORT THIS ONE. Ford didn't improve because people refused to buy their products. NO company sees a lack of sales and decides to make "better" ones. They sell their first line first. If it does well, they re-evaluate what they did, and try to improve on it to keep people interested.
It takes TIME. It takes LOVE. It take SUPPORT.

So don't tell me you "love" ThunderCats. Not when you post such hate and bile. Not when you gloat about a series doing poorly. Because you don't. You don't honor the ThunderCats in any way. Not Larry Kenney. Not Earl Hammond. Not Stephen Perry. And certainly not the "Code of Thundera".

So keep it up. Keep hating. Me? I'll keep updating the blog. I'll keep pushing this series. Because I'm not giving up. I believe from the bottom of my heart that this series is, and will continue to be, a great thing.

What will YOU do?
Lioconvoy is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #292
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
I love the new series and I think a majority of people on this site do as well. I tend not to look at the threads dedicated to episode discussion, because they seem to get bogged down by people who can't separate their feelings about the OS from this one, or have nitpicking to do over character development or whatever. I think if you take a look at this thread you'll get a better sense of the general attitude around here: Rant- Should Thundercats Be Saved?
Cat's Pajamas is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #293
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
...I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

I came here hoping to find support and backing for this series. I was trying to avoid the negativity and flat out hatred I had found at the other sites.

And while I have found SOME support......quite a few of you, quite frankly, PISS ME OFF.

You run around here, spewing off about how the old series was much better. About how Jelenic and Norton are "ruining" ThunderCats. Some of you even brazen enough to put it in your signatures.

And some of you even hateful enough to type it with a SMILE.

I speak to Mr. Norton fairly regularly. And let me tell YOU something.....he's a DARN good man with a DEEP LOVE for this series. And I SERIOUSLY doubt he would allow anyone on staff who didn't. You know what notes they had on their office doors? "The moment you've been dreaming of since you were 12."

This ThunderCats is a FLEDGLING SHOW AND LINE. IT. TAKES. TIME. Want to know how Transformers fans got great things like Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated? THEY SUPPORTED THE PREVIOUS LINES. Have you SEEN G1 recently? It. Was. TERRIBLE. And yet, it survived. Why? SUPPORT.

How DARE some of you run around HOPING that this line die. Do you WANT to wait another 25 years for another series to come out? Because I certainly don't. You people blither around about how much you "love" ThunderCats. First off, I'll tell you how much "I" LOVE ThunderCats. This has, and will ALWAYS be my favorite show. It taught me great morals I STILL live my life by. I have the ThunderCats symbol on EVERY door of my house. I wear my ThunderCats belt buckle EVERYWHERE I go. I lived through a rather abusive childhood, and sometimes this show was one of the only things giving me HOPE for a better future.

Yes, the new series has been slightly rushed. And yes, the writing has been somewhat predictable. BUT GUESS WHAT? You'll be hard pressed to find a show on T.V. that ISN'T.

You want the series to do better? You want better figures? THEN SUPPORT THIS ONE. Ford didn't improve because people refused to buy their products. NO company sees a lack of sales and decides to make "better" ones. They sell their first line first. If it does well, they re-evaluate what they did, and try to improve on it to keep people interested.
It takes TIME. It takes LOVE. It take SUPPORT.

So don't tell me you "love" ThunderCats. Not when you post such hate and bile. Not when you gloat about a series doing poorly. Because you don't. You don't honor the ThunderCats in any way. Not Larry Kenney. Not Earl Hammond. Not Stephen Perry. And certainly not the "Code of Thundera".

So keep it up. Keep hating. Me? I'll keep updating the blog. I'll keep pushing this series. Because I'm not giving up. I believe from the bottom of my heart that this series is, and will continue to be, a great thing.

What will YOU do?


DAMN RIGHT!!!! THANK YOU!!!
I will never understand how some of you “fans” will whine and complain about what’s different, or what's changed or, MOST ANNYOYINGLY, is when people are so impatient that they will not wait for these stories and characters to develop; they just hate it right away.
But then what happens?!?! They get SOOOOO mad when the series is threatened.
THE SERIES IS THREATENED BECAUSE AT LEASE HALF OF YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS SERIES!!!
I would LOVE to see a new thread with every single member of this website making a post on what they've done to help SAVE THUNDERCATS. How many of you signed the Petition???
I sure as hell did!
RoftheHood is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #294
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
...I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

I came here hoping to find support and backing for this series. I was trying to avoid the negativity and flat out hatred I had found at the other sites.

And while I have found SOME support......quite a few of you, quite frankly, PISS ME OFF.

You run around here, spewing off about how the old series was much better. About how Jelenic and Norton are "ruining" ThunderCats. Some of you even brazen enough to put it in your signatures.

And some of you even hateful enough to type it with a SMILE.

I speak to Mr. Norton fairly regularly. And let me tell YOU something.....he's a DARN good man with a DEEP LOVE for this series. And I SERIOUSLY doubt he would allow anyone on staff who didn't. You know what notes they had on their office doors? "The moment you've been dreaming of since you were 12."

This ThunderCats is a FLEDGLING SHOW AND LINE. IT. TAKES. TIME. Want to know how Transformers fans got great things like Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated? THEY SUPPORTED THE PREVIOUS LINES. Have you SEEN G1 recently? It. Was. TERRIBLE. And yet, it survived. Why? SUPPORT.

How DARE some of you run around HOPING that this line die. Do you WANT to wait another 25 years for another series to come out? Because I certainly don't. You people blither around about how much you "love" ThunderCats. First off, I'll tell you how much "I" LOVE ThunderCats. This has, and will ALWAYS be my favorite show. It taught me great morals I STILL live my life by. I have the ThunderCats symbol on EVERY door of my house. I wear my ThunderCats belt buckle EVERYWHERE I go. I lived through a rather abusive childhood, and sometimes this show was one of the only things giving me HOPE for a better future.

Yes, the new series has been slightly rushed. And yes, the writing has been somewhat predictable. BUT GUESS WHAT? You'll be hard pressed to find a show on T.V. that ISN'T.

You want the series to do better? You want better figures? THEN SUPPORT THIS ONE. Ford didn't improve because people refused to buy their products. NO company sees a lack of sales and decides to make "better" ones. They sell their first line first. If it does well, they re-evaluate what they did, and try to improve on it to keep people interested.
It takes TIME. It takes LOVE. It take SUPPORT.

So don't tell me you "love" ThunderCats. Not when you post such hate and bile. Not when you gloat about a series doing poorly. Because you don't. You don't honor the ThunderCats in any way. Not Larry Kenney. Not Earl Hammond. Not Stephen Perry. And certainly not the "Code of Thundera".

So keep it up. Keep hating. Me? I'll keep updating the blog. I'll keep pushing this series. Because I'm not giving up. I believe from the bottom of my heart that this series is, and will continue to be, a great thing.

What will YOU do?
yes.
IndyCat is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #295
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoftheHood View Post
THE SERIES IS THREATENED BECAUSE AT LEASE HALF OF YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS SERIES!!!
I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. Those of us who frequent these boards (and I am talking all Tcats boards) only make up a small portion of the "big picture".

If all of us on these boards watched the show (which we do and it appears even the haters do) and bought every figure (which it appears most of us have), it still wouldn't be enough to sustain a show, because we only make up a small portion of the percentage of viewers / buyers needed in order for a show to be labeled "successful" by the network. Sorry, but it is the truth. I can assure you if the series is cancelled it had nothing to do with the few so called haters on here not supporting it and everything to do with the kids in the 6 - 12 age group not watching / buying.
AlexofThundera is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #296
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 132
Lioconvoy, although your Thundercats credentials seem impeccable, I am afraid that Alex is correct. Everyone that reads and comments on the board actually watches the show, buys the figures and some even buy the DVDs. You couldn't ask anyone for more support. I believe that gives them the right to express their opinions, whether everyone agrees with them or not. I think this forum allows people to vent their frustrations and maybe in a way they hope to communicate their feelings with the powers that be. Lioconvoy, I think you may want to avoid certain threads, particularly anything dealing with "ships" because that will really put you through the roof!

I myself have never been a hater of this series but I can tell you that what impressed me the most about the new Thundercats was the original storyline. Now that the series has almost completely lost direction I have lost interest. I still do not want it to fail nor do I wish ill on those who created it, I am sure that they are all wonderful people. I am extremely disappointed that I will not get to complete my 8" Classics and 6" figures because of the failure of Bandai and WB/CN. Even though I find my figures on the floor after a hot day (they seem to soften in the heat) it still bugs me that Lion-O and Tygra are towering over the other, small 'Cats without the rest of the team. I look in on the site hoping to see some news about new figures coming in the fall (which will prove me wrong BTW) but unfortunately that hasn't happened.
Covenant is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #297
RazorclawX
Campaign Oracle
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
This ThunderCats is a FLEDGLING SHOW AND LINE. IT. TAKES. TIME. Want to know how Transformers fans got great things like Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated? THEY SUPPORTED THE PREVIOUS LINES. Have you SEEN G1 recently? It. Was. TERRIBLE. And yet, it survived. Why? SUPPORT.

How DARE some of you run around HOPING that this line die. (...)

Yes, the new series has been slightly rushed. And yes, the writing has been somewhat predictable. BUT GUESS WHAT? You'll be hard pressed to find a show on T.V. that ISN'T.

You want the series to do better? You want better figures? THEN SUPPORT THIS ONE. (...)

What will YOU do?
This is a load of nonsense and you know it. The show has already aired 25 episodes, which is more than some shows have on their fair shake, and whatever momentum was built up from its strong start petered out of its own accord, not from anything people watching the show did or did not do. This show followed on the heels of something like Avatar The Last Airbender, which hit the ground running and ran a very successful run of its own accord without nostalgia or good feelings to give it a good running start. It did it of its own accord.

Transformers didn't succeed in a vacuum; it succeeded because it was strongly backed by its toy line. You could easily go to the store and pick one up, and be confident that you picked up a character, no matter how shallow, because he was on the show. As opposed to that, I've actually YET to see a Thundercats toy at retail outside of a Toys R Us, and not only that, I can't buy anything other than a Cat, of which I have the least interest in (the fact is, personally, I preferred the Mutants even back then, but that kind of lends into my buying pattern of villains over heroes).

If anything, Thundercats is suffering the same problem the 2003 He-Man revival did-- the show and the toy line are woefully out of sync with each other. The He-Man toyline didn't suffer so much from availability than it did from what it made available (a lot of it was variants of He-Man and Skeletor), and the cartoon took a huge gamble by sidelining Skeletor in its second season in favor of the Snake Men (which proved 'somewhat popular' with old fans, but not so much the kids, and that's beside the fact you couldn't actually buy Snake Men in the toyline in many places). It was such a crying shame that He-Man failed because it actually managed to sell something as silly and revolting as Stinkor as a legitimate character.

Thundercats can only go so far with good intentions and best wishes. I refuse to accept that what we've got is 'okay' because it's been done better. For a show that lives or dies on its merchandising someone really dropped the ball.
RazorclawX is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #298
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
"Done better"? When has ThunderCats been "Done better"?

And before you spout off about the LJN Line of the 80's, let me stop you right there. This is a different time and different economy. What worked then may not work now. If fact, that may very well be the problem.
Lioconvoy is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #299
stac
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 108
Lioconvoy, you like the show very much, we get that.
But I have to say, I'm tired of all this “I’m a TRUE ThunderCats fan and you aren’t.” It’s a rubbish argument.

These people seem to care enough to come onto a ThunderCats forum and voice their opinion. What is it? We have to support the show but keep any criticism to ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy
Yes, the new series has been slightly rushed. And yes, the writing has been somewhat predictable.
If you think that that is what the people here have been complaining about, then you haven’t been paying attention.

Characterisation is all over the place. The romance which was terribly done left a bad taste in many people’s mouths. The pacing is uneven and distracts from the main story. The writing so far has been poor and extremely inconsistent.
I would take predictability over any of the things above.

Last edited by stac; 06-11-2012 at 05:02 PM..
stac is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #300
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
....I cannot argue with you.

For I read your post in Aqua-Lad's voice. XD
Lioconvoy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS