TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #201
Death2Fanboys
Red Eye
Death2Fanboys's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19
My thoughts.

A year ago these cops and robbers....errmm...sorry, wrong train of thought.....

Less than a year ago I ran to every TRU, Target, Walmart, Kmart searching and hunting down ANY TC 2011 merchandise. I got what I wanted and grew my collection, then I stopped not because of money but because the passion died down, it was the long break for the series.

I had the same reaction with The Walking Dead. And by the time both shows got new episodes....I felt something was missing. It wasn't the hype, the passion, interest, fanaticism, desire....it was the writing on both shows that totally turn me off....Sure, there were cool good moments but both shows did not elevate anymore interest for me.

I didn't quit...I stuck around...and while TWD gets a third season I'm very sad to hear that there may not be a second season for the TC. Oh well, such is life!

Now, as I said early there were some cool great moments in TC but not enough for me to warrant this as a great cartoon. It's a good cartoon and a great reboot. However, I just want something that will KNOCK my socks off! Pumrya betrayal is a step in the right direction. I want more! You can do it! Give me excitement back TC.

As for Cartoon Network....you know? Screw them! Move TC to another network...pitch it to G4, CW, Lifetime, CNN..whatever!

That's pretty much it for me. Oh wait! My Wish list IF there is a 2nd Season:

Drop the Tygra/Cheetara romance. She belongs to Lion-O...PERIOD!
HACHIMAN!
I want to see a new version of The Lunataks.
Another Panthro Solo story would be good.
Lion-O vs Tygra
Tygra act less than a jerk
And.....Warrior Maidens.

Okay, now I'm done. Save the Thundercats.
Death2Fanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #202
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Planet of the Snarfs
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Fanboys View Post
My thoughts.

A year ago these cops and robbers....errmm...sorry, wrong train of thought.....

Less than a year ago I ran to every TRU, Target, Walmart, Kmart searching and hunting down ANY TC 2011 merchandise. I got what I wanted and grew my collection, then I stopped not because of money but because the passion died down, it was the long break for the series.

I had the same reaction with The Walking Dead. And by the time both shows got new episodes....I felt something was missing. It wasn't the hype, the passion, interest, fanaticism, desire....it was the writing on both shows that totally turn me off....Sure, there were cool good moments but both shows did not elevate anymore interest for me.

I didn't quit...I stuck around...and while TWD gets a third season I'm very sad to hear that there may not be a second season for the TC. Oh well, such is life!

Now, as I said early there were some cool great moments in TC but not enough for me to warrant this as a great cartoon. It's a good cartoon and a great reboot. However, I just want something that will KNOCK my socks off! Pumrya betrayal is a step in the right direction. I want more! You can do it! Give me excitement back TC.

As for Cartoon Network....you know? Screw them! Move TC to another network...pitch it to G4, CW, Lifetime, CNN..whatever!

That's pretty much it for me. Oh wait! My Wish list IF there is a 2nd Season:

Drop the Tygra/Cheetara romance. She belongs to Lion-O...PERIOD!
HACHIMAN!
I want to see a new version of The Lunataks.
Another Panthro Solo story would be good.
Lion-O vs Tygra
Tygra act less than a jerk
And.....Warrior Maidens.

Okay, now I'm done. Save the Thundercats.
I'd add more of snow-meow to that list
Seeing the number of lion-o's allies surpass the number of mumm-ra's army
Mumm-ra finally destroyed
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #203
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Fanboys View Post
As for Cartoon Network....you know? Screw them! Move TC to another network...pitch it to G4, CW, Lifetime, CNN..whatever!
I would love more than anything to hear "Im Panthro, and this is CNN." I now have added hearing that to my bucket list.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #204
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Thundera
Posts: 51
Ya know, I heard that now in his voice… O_0
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #205
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsandstuff View Post
I completely agree with you this reboot for me is better than the original show.
And Theres NO way on earth thats remotely true.

This show is garbage. its misled, poorly run and a slight against the original. Theshow runner admitted he didn't even understand the original but says he was a fan? This was the start and root of the degradation of the show. It snow balled from there:

1) Lion-O is shadow of the Original.
No longer is he a kid that inhabits the body of a man and has to grow into the mantle of leader. He s now a self absorbed loser who's always angsty. Yeah..hes so much better now.
2) The Thundercats don't rise above problems...they wallow in them . The original rose above their problems, They had a code. They acted with honor as response to bad situations. NOW, they have established they have elements of racism in their faction,...does introducing racism make it better? Wallowing in a social problem make it better?
Tygra and Lion-0 are jealous and petty. This is partially because they bent the show on its ear by making them brothers . It never was in te original and it doesn't make them better for it as they are always worse for it.

3) Ramped up violence. How is the show better by showing panthro s arms getting ripped off?
Normally , I don't mind the action and violence to get a little intense. Its one thing i agree would ramp up just a hair....but How is that improving Panthro as a character.....as with most things with this show...change for change sake.

4) Character change for now reason....Panthros goofy anime arms that change shape and length indiscriminately , Lion-O and Tygra brothers , the Tygra, Cheetara love triangle ( and Cheetars comes off bad as she chooses Tygra but leads Lion-o on.).. and Pumyra....why? Almost none of these are justified or well done...save Snarf....the less heard the better. Panthro..as stated before, by others here, is not a strong , rough housing martial artist and uses nunchakus,....the only thing he really has in common is they're mechanics.

5)The Anointment Trials....one of the more important elements from the show..the Trials were meant to test Lion-O so he ascends to leader. In the original...it was a big deal. Now...its a fever dream Lion-o had while close to death. it had no weight...NONE.

6) Jaga----wheres does he play any role. Granted, I can understand reducing his use a bit because he became a bit of a deux ex machina in the original, but he no longer helps guide Lion-o to any real effect.

7) the Origin.....sorry , but the original DESTROYS the new show on this. It better, more interesting. I'd need another page to elaborate on how this is MUCH better. Exodus was just great tv. ( except for snarf)

8) the Sword of Omens vs Book of Omens, the Jems..and what exactly.
While Original never quite explained the importance or both the sword of omens and the eye of thunderas power..this show does even more of the same..why, exactly does the Book of Omens matter, whats with all the "eye" of gems?....all this does is water down the importance of the the Sword of omens.


9) " its not like the original ..its a reboot, no its a reimagining..no its better than the original"

UM ...so...which is it? and AGAIN, How arrogant is that people thats supposedly LOVED the original growing up, have to so radically change whats great about the show?

yeah...no one ever actually answers that with any clarity.



The show is junk and should die. I haven't seen anyone explain why the show needed all these radical changes and why it supposed is deeper. Just because you throw in a bunch of negative elements doesn't make for a more "mature" show...just a lousy one.
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #206
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
And Theres NO way on earth thats remotely true.

This show is garbage. its misled, poorly run and a slight against the original. Theshow runner admitted he didn't even understand the original but says he was a fan? This was the start and root of the degradation of the show. It snow balled from there:

1) Lion-O is shadow of the Original.
No longer is he a kid that inhabits the body of a man and has to grow into the mantle of leader. He s now a self absorbed loser who's always angsty. Yeah..hes so much better now.
2) The Thundercats don't rise above problems...they wallow in them . The original rose above their problems, They had a code. They acted with honor as response to bad situations. NOW, they have established they have elements of racism in their faction,...does introducing racism make it better? Wallowing in a social problem make it better?
Tygra and Lion-0 are jealous and petty. This is partially because they bent the show on its ear by making them brothers . It never was in te original and it doesn't make them better for it as they are always worse for it.

3) Ramped up violence. How is the show better by showing panthro s arms getting ripped off?
Normally , I don't mind the action and violence to get a little intense. Its one thing i agree would ramp up just a hair....but How is that improving Panthro as a character.....as with most things with this show...change for change sake.

4) Character change for now reason....Panthros goofy anime arms that change shape and length indiscriminately , Lion-O and Tygra brothers , the Tygra, Cheetara love triangle ( and Cheetars comes off bad as she chooses Tygra but leads Lion-o on.).. and Pumyra....why? Almost none of these are justified or well done...save Snarf....the less heard the better. Panthro..as stated before, by others here, is not a strong , rough housing martial artist and uses nunchakus,....the only thing he really has in common is they're mechanics.

5)The Anointment Trials....one of the more important elements from the show..the Trials were meant to test Lion-O so he ascends to leader. In the original...it was a big deal. Now...its a fever dream Lion-o had while close to death. it had no weight...NONE.

6) Jaga----wheres does he play any role. Granted, I can understand reducing his use a bit because he became a bit of a deux ex machina in the original, but he no longer helps guide Lion-o to any real effect.

7) the Origin.....sorry , but the original DESTROYS the new show on this. It better, more interesting. I'd need another page to elaborate on how this is MUCH better. Exodus was just great tv. ( except for snarf)

8) the Sword of Omens vs Book of Omens, the Jems..and what exactly.
While Original never quite explained the importance or both the sword of omens and the eye of thunderas power..this show does even more of the same..why, exactly does the Book of Omens matter, whats with all the "eye" of gems?....all this does is water down the importance of the the Sword of omens.


9) " its not like the original ..its a reboot, no its a reimagining..no its better than the original"

UM ...so...which is it? and AGAIN, How arrogant is that people thats supposedly LOVED the original growing up, have to so radically change whats great about the show?

yeah...no one ever actually answers that with any clarity.



The show is junk and should die. I haven't seen anyone explain why the show needed all these radical changes and why it supposed is deeper. Just because you throw in a bunch of negative elements doesn't make for a more "mature" show...just a lousy one.
We know.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #207
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In a state of Denial
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
And Theres NO way on earth thats remotely true.

This show is garbage. its misled, poorly run and a slight against the original. Theshow runner admitted he didn't even understand the original but says he was a fan? This was the start and root of the degradation of the show. It snow balled from there:

1) Lion-O is shadow of the Original.
No longer is he a kid that inhabits the body of a man and has to grow into the mantle of leader. He s now a self absorbed loser who's always angsty. Yeah..hes so much better now.
2) The Thundercats don't rise above problems...they wallow in them . The original rose above their problems, They had a code. They acted with honor as response to bad situations. NOW, they have established they have elements of racism in their faction,...does introducing racism make it better? Wallowing in a social problem make it better?
Tygra and Lion-0 are jealous and petty. This is partially because they bent the show on its ear by making them brothers . It never was in te original and it doesn't make them better for it as they are always worse for it.

3) Ramped up violence. How is the show better by showing panthro s arms getting ripped off?
Normally , I don't mind the action and violence to get a little intense. Its one thing i agree would ramp up just a hair....but How is that improving Panthro as a character.....as with most things with this show...change for change sake.

4) Character change for now reason....Panthros goofy anime arms that change shape and length indiscriminately , Lion-O and Tygra brothers , the Tygra, Cheetara love triangle ( and Cheetars comes off bad as she chooses Tygra but leads Lion-o on.).. and Pumyra....why? Almost none of these are justified or well done...save Snarf....the less heard the better. Panthro..as stated before, by others here, is not a strong , rough housing martial artist and uses nunchakus,....the only thing he really has in common is they're mechanics.

5)The Anointment Trials....one of the more important elements from the show..the Trials were meant to test Lion-O so he ascends to leader. In the original...it was a big deal. Now...its a fever dream Lion-o had while close to death. it had no weight...NONE.

6) Jaga----wheres does he play any role. Granted, I can understand reducing his use a bit because he became a bit of a deux ex machina in the original, but he no longer helps guide Lion-o to any real effect.

7) the Origin.....sorry , but the original DESTROYS the new show on this. It better, more interesting. I'd need another page to elaborate on how this is MUCH better. Exodus was just great tv. ( except for snarf)

8) the Sword of Omens vs Book of Omens, the Jems..and what exactly.
While Original never quite explained the importance or both the sword of omens and the eye of thunderas power..this show does even more of the same..why, exactly does the Book of Omens matter, whats with all the "eye" of gems?....all this does is water down the importance of the the Sword of omens.


9) " its not like the original ..its a reboot, no its a reimagining..no its better than the original"

UM ...so...which is it? and AGAIN, How arrogant is that people thats supposedly LOVED the original growing up, have to so radically change whats great about the show?

yeah...no one ever actually answers that with any clarity.



The show is junk and should die. I haven't seen anyone explain why the show needed all these radical changes and why it supposed is deeper. Just because you throw in a bunch of negative elements doesn't make for a more "mature" show...just a lousy one.

It's a good thing they didn't have the internet as we know it now when shows like ST:TNG premiered. The bloodbath between TOS and TNG'ers would have been horrific!

Last edited by monothingie; 06-19-2012 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: I see your schwartz is a big as mine
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #208
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
We can't have a bald captain!
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #209
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
9) " its not like the original ..its a reboot, no its a reimagining..no its better than the original"

UM ...so...which is it? and AGAIN, How arrogant is that people thats supposedly LOVED the original growing up, have to so radically change whats great about the show?

yeah...no one ever actually answers that with any clarity.
It is all of these...and none of these...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #210
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
And Theres NO way on earth thats remotely true.

This show is garbage. its misled, poorly run and a slight against the original. Theshow runner admitted he didn't even understand the original but says he was a fan? This was the start and root of the degradation of the show. It snow balled from there:

1) Lion-O is shadow of the Original.
No longer is he a kid that inhabits the body of a man and has to grow into the mantle of leader. He s now a self absorbed loser who's always angsty. Yeah..hes so much better now.
2) The Thundercats don't rise above problems...they wallow in them . The original rose above their problems, They had a code. They acted with honor as response to bad situations. NOW, they have established they have elements of racism in their faction,...does introducing racism make it better? Wallowing in a social problem make it better?
Tygra and Lion-0 are jealous and petty. This is partially because they bent the show on its ear by making them brothers . It never was in te original and it doesn't make them better for it as they are always worse for it.

3) Ramped up violence. How is the show better by showing panthro s arms getting ripped off?
Normally , I don't mind the action and violence to get a little intense. Its one thing i agree would ramp up just a hair....but How is that improving Panthro as a character.....as with most things with this show...change for change sake.

4) Character change for now reason....Panthros goofy anime arms that change shape and length indiscriminately , Lion-O and Tygra brothers , the Tygra, Cheetara love triangle ( and Cheetars comes off bad as she chooses Tygra but leads Lion-o on.).. and Pumyra....why? Almost none of these are justified or well done...save Snarf....the less heard the better. Panthro..as stated before, by others here, is not a strong , rough housing martial artist and uses nunchakus,....the only thing he really has in common is they're mechanics.

5)The Anointment Trials....one of the more important elements from the show..the Trials were meant to test Lion-O so he ascends to leader. In the original...it was a big deal. Now...its a fever dream Lion-o had while close to death. it had no weight...NONE.

6) Jaga----wheres does he play any role. Granted, I can understand reducing his use a bit because he became a bit of a deux ex machina in the original, but he no longer helps guide Lion-o to any real effect.

7) the Origin.....sorry , but the original DESTROYS the new show on this. It better, more interesting. I'd need another page to elaborate on how this is MUCH better. Exodus was just great tv. ( except for snarf)

8) the Sword of Omens vs Book of Omens, the Jems..and what exactly.
While Original never quite explained the importance or both the sword of omens and the eye of thunderas power..this show does even more of the same..why, exactly does the Book of Omens matter, whats with all the "eye" of gems?....all this does is water down the importance of the the Sword of omens.


9) " its not like the original ..its a reboot, no its a reimagining..no its better than the original"

UM ...so...which is it? and AGAIN, How arrogant is that people thats supposedly LOVED the original growing up, have to so radically change whats great about the show?

yeah...no one ever actually answers that with any clarity.

The show is junk and should die. I haven't seen anyone explain why the show needed all these radical changes and why it supposed is deeper. Just because you throw in a bunch of negative elements doesn't make for a more "mature" show...just a lousy one.
It's been a long time since I've read something so negative. You talk about arrogance and then a couple sentences later you say, "The show is junk and should die."... like your opinion is fact and basis enough for something that a lot of people have worked very hard on to bring us and that a lot of us love. That's like me saying, "Mushrooms are junk and should die. They are lousy and have no place in this world."

Some of us, like you, grew up as fans of TOS. Some of us still like the new show. I love that my kids get excited on Saturday morning about watching ThunderCats. Yes, they have seen TOS too and love it. But this is new. It's exciting. It's fun. It's a new adventure and a lot of us are really enjoying it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Just don't be arrogant and condescending and basically say that anyone who likes it can't be a real TC fan and is stupid... because that's how you're coming across.

Can't we all just get along?
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #211
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In a state of Denial
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
We can't have a bald captain!
That doesn't narrow it down with Shatner and Stewart...LOL
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #212
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
That doesn't narrow it down with Shatner and Stewart...LOL
Alright, fine...We can't have a second in command who seems to be more physically and sexually adept than our leader!
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #213
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Alright, fine...We can't have a second in command who seems to be more physically and sexually adept than our leader!
LOL. Yeah, I quite liked that change. Kirk was less a captain and more of a daredevil Indiana Jones... Picard acted more like a real-life captain, remaining on the ship (where he was needed) and trusting his 'number one' to lead the away teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
And Theres NO way on earth thats remotely true.
7) the Origin.....sorry , but the original DESTROYS the new show on this. It better, more interesting. I'd need another page to elaborate on how this is MUCH better. Exodus was just great tv. ( except for snarf)
I am sorry, but I could not leave this uncommented... as it is just ridiculous. Many eighties shows had great opening episodes, but TC was not one of them. It got much better after the first episode, yep.

Let's see... first we have the characters lose their home city, their planet, then witness the rest of the surviving ships being mercilessly destroyed by the mutants. None of them bats an eyelid at this! Lion-O just lost his father, and he doesn't even cry!!! I mean, sorry, I know this is not Batman the Animated Series, but... if you take away everything from the main characters, let that sense of loss linger on for at least the first episode!

Second... the nudity. "You will now wear clothes as this is the custom where you are going." Not only contradicted later when we meet other Thunderians (or where Lion-O goes back in time to meet his father), but... STUPID. Sooo stupid it hurts.

Jaga, another one... Is anyone shown to be sorry for the guy's sacrifice after he goes Ben Kenobi on us? he basically aged to death while piloting the ship.

I know, many people told me, the actors and the directors did the whole "wooden" acting on purpose, but even as a kid, it just seemed... really, really off. Like I was not watching "real" people react to things. And that's coming from the guy whose favourite Transformer is the emotionless Shockwave. 'Cause, you know, he is special in that regard. On TC the original series, well... sometimes all the characters acted like emotionless robots. "Lion-O has lighted the Thundersign. We must go..."

So yeah, the new take on Thundera, origins with Mumm-ra and the animals included, is much preferred, IMHO.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-20-2012 at 05:57 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #214
Superquad7
Thundercats, HO!
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16
Since when is this thread supposed to be about whether or not the original show is better/worse than this new show? My thinking was this is a discussion thread about whether or not this show should continue. I know it can be difficult to be objective with properties like this, but I think it would be healthy to try with this rendition of THUNDERCATS. By doing so, one doesn't have to force oneself to like the original any less.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #215
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
It is all of these...and none of these...
so you're just making stuff up.
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #216
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
LOL. Yeah, I quite liked that change. Kirk was less a captain and more of a daredevil Indiana Jones... Picard acted more like a real-life captain, remaining on the ship (where he was needed) and trusting his 'number one' to lead the away teams.



I am sorry, but I could not leave this uncommented... as it is just ridiculous. Many eighties shows had great opening episodes, but TC was not one of them. It got much better after the first episode, yep.

Let's see... first we have the characters lose their home city, their planet, then witness the rest of the surviving ships being mercilessly destroyed by the mutants. None of them bats an eyelid at this! Lion-O just lost his father, and he doesn't even cry!!! I mean, sorry, I know this is not Batman the Animated Series, but... if you take away everything from the main characters, let that sense of loss linger on for at least the first episode!

Second... the nudity. "You will now wear clothes as this is the custom where you are going." Not only contradicted later when we meet other Thunderians (or where Lion-O goes back in time to meet his father), but... STUPID. Sooo stupid it hurts.

Jaga, another one... Is anyone shown to be sorry for the guy's sacrifice after he goes Ben Kenobi on us? he basically aged to death while piloting the ship.

I know, many people told me, the actors and the directors did the whole "wooden" acting on purpose, but even as a kid, it just seemed... really, really off. Like I was not watching "real" people react to things. And that's coming from the guy whose favourite Transformer is the emotionless Shockwave. 'Cause, you know, he is special in that regard. On TC the original series, well... sometimes all the characters acted like emotionless robots. "Lion-O has lighted the Thundersign. We must go..."

So yeah, the new take on Thundera, origins with Mumm-ra and the animals included, is much preferred, IMHO.
Yeah, and I can't leave such an ridiculously shortsighted comment like this unchallenged either.

Exodus again , DESTROYS this show from day one.

The animation and story are simply better.
I'll make it easy for you, I 'll quote my own post:

Its easy to understand the Original show and its popularity.

a) a cartoon thats just cool with fantasy and sci-fi elements , a magic sword and great looking heroes and villains? ( how did excalibur or motu ever become popular?)

b) A story about a kid in a mans body with the responsibilty or mantle of a leader bestowed on him and how he deals with that?

c) howsabout a story about the last survivors of a royal family fleeing their dying homeworld and making their way on a unknown planet and being hunted by various enemies?

Exodus was a far more intriguing beginning.

AND btw..yeah...Jaga died piloting the ship...its called SACRIFICE. He spent his last years piloting the ship so they wouldn't die. He was alone. thats pretty big in my book.

Again , like so many that come up with weak arguments against the original and never understood my post-- Of course you can have better dialogue or plots..but you DO NOT have to change what made the show great.

Last edited by kevster; 06-20-2012 at 06:38 AM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #217
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 349
I'd really like to get at least another season or two. If it isn't possible here then i'd like STUDIO 4 C to take over and release it in Japan, then all we'd need then is someone to get the RAWs, and some group to sub it.

Last edited by hollowdheart; 06-20-2012 at 06:52 AM..
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #218
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
so you're just making stuff up.
Yes...and no...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #219
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
It's been a long time since I've read something so negative. You talk about arrogance and then a couple sentences later you say, "The show is junk and should die."... like your opinion is fact and basis enough for something that a lot of people have worked very hard on to bring us and that a lot of us love.
First, " let it die" is a response to the original article.

Second yes, after the first episode , I saw the abysmal train wreck this show is.

When it was announced that the how was being worked on. I was excited for the prospect of the new show.

But when a show runner like Michael Jelenic does a couple interviews where he says he "loved the original" but in the same interviews says he " couldn't understand it" there were fundamentally SERIOUS problems from the start.

Couple that with the fact that they even deceptively misleading promo art used that sihloutted painting that looked a shot of the classic lion-o....The first episode was sign of this show dying fast.

Bandai then released that HORRIBLY painted SDCC Lion-o ..that was another sign that the toymaker was going to fail with the line. They decided not to learn from peers in the sci-fi/fantasy stuff like Mattel ( and they have their problems.) who is doing far better looking sculpts and interesting figures.

It was easy to see that this line was going to flop.

......and here we are, with people clinging to hope that all this silence on the future of the show is a GOOD THING?

and BTW, for all the stupid yuks about ST:TNG.....Picard was far better. but the show at least established that it was A DIFFERENT ITERATION of Star Trek. a more appropriate comparison is the the newest Movie with the Original...and it passes because its faithful...Far more faithful than this show....

...again it fails.

Last edited by kevster; 06-20-2012 at 06:56 AM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #220
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post

and BTW, for all the stupid yuks about ST:TNG.....Picard was far better. but the show at least established that it was A DIFFERENT ITERATION of Star Trek. a more appropriate comparison is the the newest Movie with the Original...and it passes because its faithful...Far more faithful than this show....

...again it fails.
But many fans hated it when it came out for the same kind of nit picky problems you have with the NS of Thundercats. It just shows that fans can be narrow-minded and quick to complain, usually loudly and often.

So...win!
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #221
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
But many fans hated it when it came out for the same kind of nit picky problems you have with the NS of Thundercats. It just shows that fans can be narrow-minded and quick to complain, usually loudly and often.

So...win!
Wrong.

Im not arguing that. ST:TNG even says its a new iteration of the franchise and its NOT the same characters. what part of "The Next Generation" do you not get? ( patrick stewart wasn't playing a bald captain named James T kirk was he? )

You analogy is flawed from the start.

Much like the new T-cats show.

Last edited by kevster; 06-20-2012 at 07:26 AM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #222
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Jelenic is IMO, misguided and arrogant.

Hollywood's most successful translations of comic and pop culture properties usually are the most faithful ( except transformers ). Hollywood producers have learned that trying to lean more towards faithful adaptations means success with fans.

DC comics animated films succeed because they are faithful translations of the source material with great animation.

Jelenic and crew didn't learn from that. Jelenic though he would come in and show us how superior his vision was and he has flopped...badly.

I simply say let it die, because I can wait till someone who truly understands, respects and loves the property comes along and GETS IT RIGHT.

whats "gets it right " mean....you'll know it when it happens and you won't have to lie to yourself about this version ..

Last edited by kevster; 06-20-2012 at 07:37 AM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #223
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
Wrong.

Im not arguing that. ST:TNG even says its a new iteration of the franchise and its NOT the same characters. what part of "The Next Generation" do you not get? ( patrick stewart wasn't playing a bald captain named James T kirk was he? )

You analogy is flawed from the start.

Much like the new T-cats show.
Just think of the NS as an alternate universe T-cats and you'll love it then.

It's not Tygra, it's evil Tygra! I wish they'd given him a goatee!
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #224
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
Wrong.

Im not arguing that. ST:TNG even says its a new iteration of the franchise and its NOT the same characters. what part of "The Next Generation" do you not get? ( patrick stewart wasn't playing a bald captain named James T kirk was he? )

You analogy is flawed from the start.

Much like the new T-cats show.
Oh that's what TNG stands for! I always thought it was True Noodle Goose, and I was like "Star Trek: True Noodle Goose, whaaat?"

Angry fans who think that there's only ONE way to handle a series are the same, regardless if they're complaining about Star Trek, Star Wars, Thundercats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, My Little Pony, etc... Enjoy the parts you like, reject the stuff you don't like. But move on already. I thought Rise of Cobra was a terrible movie, but I didn't spend all of my time on G.I. Joe message boards telling people who liked the movie that they were idiots.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #225
dragon818
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Angry fans who think that there's only ONE way to handle a series are the same, regardless if they're complaining about Star Trek, Star Wars, Thundercats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, My Little Pony, etc... Enjoy the parts you like, reject the stuff you don't like. But move on already. I thought Rise of Cobra was a terrible movie, but I didn't spend all of my time on G.I. Joe message boards telling people who liked the movie that they were idiots.
I totally agree with you Cats Pajamas! Kevster, if you hate this new itteration so much why don't you just get over it and leave this forum. I don't understand why you're wasting all your energy slamming the new show. If you didn't like the show then you should have just stopped watching. Problem solved. Why do you have to come here and slam the show and try to ruin it for everyone.

Move on already, geez.
dragon818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #226
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Just think of the NS as an alternate universe T-cats and you'll love it then.

It's not Tygra, it's evil Tygra! I wish they'd given him a goatee!
And your still whining about other people. That is all your post are.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #227
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon818 View Post
I totally agree with you Cats Pajamas! Kevster, if you hate this new itteration so much why don't you just get over it and leave this forum. I don't understand why you're wasting all your energy slamming the new show. If you didn't like the show then you should have just stopped watching. Problem solved. Why do you have to come here and slam the show and try to ruin it for everyone.

Move on already, geez.
Keep running off the fans that don't like the show.

People have a right to complain, just as you have the right to complain about people complaining.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #228
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the timeline where L/C already happened
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Keep running off the fans that don't like the show.

People have a right to complain, just as you have the right to complain about people complaining.
Freedom Of Speech.


________________
Jelenic and crew will be forever be remembered as the man and crew that tainted the TCATS brand.
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #229
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Keep running off the fans that don't like the show.

People have a right to complain, just as you have the right to complain about people complaining.
Of course you have a right to complain. Hate the show all you want. But your arguments are really weak when you inject all of your subjective opinions.

The show is TERRIBLE. MJ is an ARROGANT IDIOT.

These aren't compelling facts worth discussing, they're just your opinion. The show is not terrible for many of us. You are of course encouraged to give your opinion, but the tone of "This show is evil" is probably going to get a similar reply. If you wrote "I don't like this show" I wouldn't have anything to criticize, but instead you write "MJ is trying to destroy my childhood."

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THE SHOW, BUT YOU CAN BE NICE WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT IT.

If you write things like "this show destroys the original." PEOPLE WILL DISAGREE WITH YOUR OPINION.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #230
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsandstuff View Post
I completely agree with you this reboot for me is better than the original show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
And Theres NO way on earth thats remotely true.

This show is garbage. its misled, poorly run and a slight against the original. Theshow runner admitted he didn't even understand the original but says he was a fan? This was the start and root of the degradation of the show. It snow balled from there:

1) Lion-O is shadow of the Original.
No longer is he a kid that inhabits the body of a man and has to grow into the mantle of leader. He s now a self absorbed loser who's always angsty. Yeah..hes so much better now.
2) The Thundercats don't rise above problems...they wallow in them . The original rose above their problems, They had a code. They acted with honor as response to bad situations. NOW, they have established they have elements of racism in their faction,...does introducing racism make it better? Wallowing in a social problem make it better?
Tygra and Lion-0 are jealous and petty. This is partially because they bent the show on its ear by making them brothers . It never was in te original and it doesn't make them better for it as they are always worse for it.

3) Ramped up violence. How is the show better by showing panthro s arms getting ripped off?
Normally , I don't mind the action and violence to get a little intense. Its one thing i agree would ramp up just a hair....but How is that improving Panthro as a character.....as with most things with this show...change for change sake.

4) Character change for now reason....Panthros goofy anime arms that change shape and length indiscriminately , Lion-O and Tygra brothers , the Tygra, Cheetara love triangle ( and Cheetars comes off bad as she chooses Tygra but leads Lion-o on.).. and Pumyra....why? Almost none of these are justified or well done...save Snarf....the less heard the better. Panthro..as stated before, by others here, is not a strong , rough housing martial artist and uses nunchakus,....the only thing he really has in common is they're mechanics.

5)The Anointment Trials....one of the more important elements from the show..the Trials were meant to test Lion-O so he ascends to leader. In the original...it was a big deal. Now...its a fever dream Lion-o had while close to death. it had no weight...NONE.

6) Jaga----wheres does he play any role. Granted, I can understand reducing his use a bit because he became a bit of a deux ex machina in the original, but he no longer helps guide Lion-o to any real effect.

7) the Origin.....sorry , but the original DESTROYS the new show on this. It better, more interesting. I'd need another page to elaborate on how this is MUCH better. Exodus was just great tv. ( except for snarf)

8) the Sword of Omens vs Book of Omens, the Jems..and what exactly.
While Original never quite explained the importance or both the sword of omens and the eye of thunderas power..this show does even more of the same..why, exactly does the Book of Omens matter, whats with all the "eye" of gems?....all this does is water down the importance of the the Sword of omens.


9) " its not like the original ..its a reboot, no its a reimagining..no its better than the original"

UM ...so...which is it? and AGAIN, How arrogant is that people thats supposedly LOVED the original growing up, have to so radically change whats great about the show?

yeah...no one ever actually answers that with any clarity.



The show is junk and should die. I haven't seen anyone explain why the show needed all these radical changes and why it supposed is deeper. Just because you throw in a bunch of negative elements doesn't make for a more "mature" show...just a lousy one.
And I'm picking on you? Evidently your opinions are the only ones that nobody can disagree with...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #231
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Of course you have a right to complain. Hate the show all you want. But your arguments are really weak when you inject all of your subjective opinions.

The show is TERRIBLE. MJ is an ARROGANT IDIOT.

These aren't compelling facts worth discussing, they're just your opinion. The show is not terrible for many of us. You are of course encouraged to give your opinion, but the tone of "This show is evil" is probably going to get a similar reply. If you wrote "I don't like this show" I wouldn't have anything to criticize, but instead you write "MJ is trying to destroy my childhood."

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THE SHOW, BUT YOU CAN BE NICE WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT IT.

If you write things like "this show destroys the original." PEOPLE WILL DISAGREE WITH YOUR OPINION.
I haven't said anything else about MJ lately, except for being sarcastic on the tygra thread.

As long as people don't hurt others, I don't see a problem with people complaining. That is one thing people do well, complain.

I just see only you complaining about others complaining. Even on the Tygra thread, you were on there. I don't care for his character, but I know it will start fights. So I didn't post a serious comment.

I don't care what others say, but you keep defending this.

If the guy hates the show, let him say what he wants.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #232
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I haven't said anything else about MJ lately, except for being sarcastic on the tygra thread.

As long as people don't hurt others, I don't see a problem with people complaining. That is one thing people do well, complain.

I just see only you complaining about others complaining. Even on the Tygra thread, you were on there. I don't care for his character, but I know it will start fights. So I didn't post a serious comment.

I don't care what others say, but you keep defending this.

If the guy hates the show, let him say what he wants.
Honestly, thanks for the courteous reply. I bet you guys are all interesting and fun people, I'm not trying to single out anybody, or police the site or anything like that. Can we at least disagree in a friendly way?

Here's some stuff we probably agree on...

Top ten things I dislike about the new series:

1. Panthro's stretchy arms. I was kinda OK with cyborg arms, but as soon as I saw them stretch, I groaned.
2. Not crazy about the relationship plots, I think they're a little excessive and kinda dopey.
3. It would have been awesome if they paced the show better. I don't have a single episode that I hated, but it seems like they lost a lot of momentum in the story.
4. Super Thundertank. 'Nuff said.
5. I was hoping they'd establish a headquarters at the ToO. I always liked the Cat's Lair, the new guys need a base.
6. Lion-o's "learning how to be awesome" is all over the map.
7. I'd like to see more from Jaga occasionally.
8. Dialing back Panthro as comic relief would be awesome.
9. I didn't love the flashback episode. It was cool to get some history, but it felt like sloppy storytelling.
10. I'm not a fan of the "Tygra is always a jerk to Lion-o" I was hoping we'd see the relationship get more amiable by the 5th or 6th episode. But it's completely erratic.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #233
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Honestly, thanks for the courteous reply. I bet you guys are all interesting and fun people, I'm not trying to single out anybody, or police the site or anything like that. Can we at least disagree in a friendly way?

Here's some stuff we probably agree on...

Top ten things I dislike about the new series:

1. Panthro's stretchy arms. I was kinda OK with cyborg arms, but as soon as I saw them stretch, I groaned.
2. Not crazy about the relationship plots, I think they're a little excessive and kinda dopey.
3. It would have been awesome if they paced the show better. I don't have a single episode that I hated, but it seems like they lost a lot of momentum in the story.
4. Super Thundertank. 'Nuff said.
5. I was hoping they'd establish a headquarters at the ToO. I always liked the Cat's Lair, the new guys need a base.
6. Lion-o's "learning how to be awesome" is all over the map.
7. I'd like to see more from Jaga occasionally.
8. Dialing back Panthro as comic relief would be awesome.
9. I didn't love the flashback episode. It was cool to get some history, but it felt like sloppy storytelling.
10. I'm not a fan of the "Tygra is always a jerk to Lion-o" I was hoping we'd see the relationship get more amiable by the 5th or 6th episode. But it's completely erratic.
11. 25 and 26 are almost copies of 12 and 13.
12. I do like the new TRON.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #234
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 115
I had to laugh at the "Exodus was awesome because it had cool sci-fi/fantasy and swords and sorcery and action and..." post. Seriously, yeah, a 10-year old might enjoy that for a while, but without characters with realistic personalities, it all falls flat on its face after a few episodes. It's why I stopped watching the OS after 25-30 episodes. And there is a reason that even as a kid, I preferred shows like Batman TAS or Gargoyles over shows where the heroes were boring one-dimensional characters like MOTU. If you want such shows - there is plenty to choose from, Filmation produced hundreds of them from the original Space Ghost to Goldar and his Golden Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
Hollywood's most successful translations of comic and pop culture properties usually are the most faithful ( except transformers ). Hollywood producers have learned that trying to lean more towards faithful adaptations means success with fans.
You just stabbed yourself in the back with this comment. Transformers could be called Mighty Megamorphs and would still be successfull (sadly). Heck, Battleship. Check that movie out. What did it have to do with the game? Nothing. Was still a success.

Compare this with Watchman and 300, which were basically panel-by-panel recreations of the source material with some small parts added/removed. Yeah, the geeks (myself included) loved them. But they did not became blockbusters. Or there is Daredevil. Was incredibly close to the Frank Miller comic - was a huge flop.

And perhaps the best example - Batman Begins and Dark Knight. It re-imagined the classic Batman story and put it into a belieavable real life environment. The Joker was a truly scary anarchist madman who worked with easily affordable materials like knives and gasoline instead of laugh gas and silly gadgets, and Batman himself had realistic weaponry. I know, Batman has had TONS of iterations already, but when you compare the movie to the Tim Burton and Schuhmacher films - a big deviation from the "source". Yet, it was a huge hit.

Sorry, but your argument that sticking to the original equals good ratings, again, does not work. Another example - TMNT, the 2002 show. It threw out cartoonish Shredder, Krang, Beebop and Rocksteady and the pizza nonesense, and went back to the Mirage comic roots and added its own mythology to it (Agent Bishop, superhero Mike) instead of following the old toon. And guess what, it was a huge success that lasted for many years over 5 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Honestly, thanks for the courteous reply. I bet you guys are all interesting and fun people, I'm not trying to single out anybody, or police the site or anything like that. Can we at least disagree in a friendly way?
Trying to appeal to reason and being polite with 15-year old trolls (based on their netiquette, that's probably their true age) on the internet... won't work for you, trust me. I learned the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Just think of the NS as an alternate universe T-cats and you'll love it then.

It's not Tygra, it's evil Tygra! I wish they'd given him a goatee!
LOL! That's a great idea. Frankly, I loved the episode with the tiger village, and the second-in-command guy who turned out to be evil did have a goatee... Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I'd really like to get at least another season or two. If it isn't possible here then i'd like STUDIO 4 C to take over and release it in Japan, then all we'd need then is someone to get the RAWs, and some group to sub it.
Whiskers.... NO! Keep japan and their cliche anime writing as far from this show as possible. Imagine Thundercats with a 40-episode season, where in each episode they do the SAME THING over and over again with villains of the week, Mumm-Ra being defeated at the end of every episode, oh and... 3-minute long transformation sequences that are recycled footage.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-21-2012 at 02:53 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #235
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
The new Transformers movies were crap. I have no idea why giant talking robots apparently feel the need to PISS on people they don't like. Seriously, it became a movie about robots and toilet humor. It's still successful because a) it has giant robots and b) it has toilet humor, which is apparently what the moviegoing public of America wants from its movies now but that doesn't mean it's a good movie. Plus I'm not really sure it earned any new fans. If anything, new fans are being made from the tv series and less from the really really bad movies.

And seriously, have you not watched japanese animation recently? We've kinda moved far away from the old days of sailormoon which is what you seem to be remembering. There are good and bad writers on BOTH sides of the ocean -_-
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #236
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
The new Transformers movies were crap. I have no idea why giant talking robots apparently feel the need to PISS on people they don't like. Seriously, it became a movie about robots and toilet humor. It's still successful because a) it has giant robots and b) it has toilet humor, which is apparently what the moviegoing public of America wants from its movies now but that doesn't mean it's a good movie. Plus I'm not really sure it earned any new fans. If anything, new fans are being made from the tv series and less from the really really bad movies.

And seriously, have you not watched japanese animation recently? We've kinda moved far away from the old days of sailormoon which is what you seem to be remembering. There are good and bad writers on BOTH sides of the ocean -_-
Only difference is Lion-o would've been the focus of the triangle and the show would've only had 13 episodes.

The anime in Japan come up with different ideas about shows. US cartoons are all the same. Sorry.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-21-2012 at 09:36 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #237
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
MegaGearX's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Camden, New Jersey
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
The new Transformers movies were crap. I have no idea why giant talking robots apparently feel the need to PISS on people they don't like. Seriously, it became a movie about robots and toilet humor. It's still successful because a) it has giant robots and b) it has toilet humor, which is apparently what the moviegoing public of America wants from its movies now but that doesn't mean it's a good movie. Plus I'm not really sure it earned any new fans. If anything, new fans are being made from the tv series and less from the really really bad movies.
I think the Transformers movie were successful because of the giant photorealistic robots destroying stuff. The toilet humor is ALL Michael Bay's peculiar sense of humor. The public, like the fans, endure the humor to see the robots.
MegaGearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #238
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
Basically movie goers like seeing giant robots beating each other. Although that's not really an indication of whether a movie is good or not. Especially 3....and Hobo-tron.....
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #239
kidnicky
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
I know art is subjective and everything, but J really do not understand how someone could say the old show had better art. This new show is the best looking animated series I've ever seen. There's no comparision. I was only a casual fan of the original (even as kids we called it poor man's MOTU) but I watch the new one religiously.
kidnicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #240
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I had to laugh at the "Exodus was awesome because it had cool sci-fi/fantasy and swords and sorcery and action and..." post. Seriously, yeah, a 10-year old might enjoy that for a while, but without characters with realistic personalities, it all falls flat on its face after a few episodes. It's why I stopped watching the OS after 25-30 episodes. And there is a reason that even as a kid, I preferred shows like Batman TAS or Gargoyles over shows where the heroes were boring one-dimensional characters like MOTU. If you want such shows - there is plenty to choose from, Filmation produced hundreds of them from the original Space Ghost to Goldar and his Golden Lance.



You just stabbed yourself in the back with this comment. Transformers could be called Mighty Megamorphs and would still be successfull (sadly). Heck, Battleship. Check that movie out. What did it have to do with the game? Nothing. Was still a success.

Compare this with Watchman and 300, which were basically panel-by-panel recreations of the source material with some small parts added/removed. Yeah, the geeks (myself included) loved them. But they did not became blockbusters. Or there is Daredevil. Was incredibly close to the Frank Miller comic - was a huge flop.

And perhaps the best example - Batman Begins and Dark Knight. It re-imagined the classic Batman story and put it into a belieavable real life environment. The Joker was a truly scary anarchist madman who worked with easily affordable materials like knives and gasoline instead of laugh gas and silly gadgets, and Batman himself had realistic weaponry. I know, Batman has had TONS of iterations already, but when you compare the movie to the Tim Burton and Schuhmacher films - a big deviation from the "source". Yet, it was a huge hit.

Sorry, but your argument that sticking to the original equals good ratings, again, does not work. Another example - TMNT, the 2002 show. It threw out cartoonish Shredder, Krang, Beebop and Rocksteady and the pizza nonesense, and went back to the Mirage comic roots and added its own mythology to it (Agent Bishop, superhero Mike) instead of following the old toon. And guess what, it was a huge success that lasted for many years over 5 seasons.



Trying to appeal to reason and being polite with 15-year old trolls (based on their netiquette, that's probably their true age) on the internet... won't work for you, trust me. I learned the hard way.



LOL! That's a great idea. Frankly, I loved the episode with the tiger village, and the second-in-command guy who turned out to be evil did have a goatee... Hmmm...



Whiskers.... NO! Keep japan and their cliche anime writing as far from this show as possible. Imagine Thundercats with a 40-episode season, where in each episode they do the SAME THING over and over again with villains of the week, Mumm-Ra being defeated at the end of every episode, oh and... 3-minute long transformation sequences that are recycled footage.


First of all , You're either a LIAR or have a poor memory.

1) Thundercats debuted in 1984-85 and Batman :TAS debuted in 1990-91.

why does that matter....because the show was subject to absurd FCC regulations that the shows had to have public service announcements or written to portray moral standards because they didn't want animated shows to be commercials for toys. Thus some of the more simplistic elements and "knowing is half the battle" lessons.

Oh yeah and Paul Dini used to write for He-man....

Hows that stuff again about Batman?


2) You're damn right Sci/Fi fantasy elements made the show cool. Why exactly did you have comics and merchandise ( shoes, comics, shirts of T_cats) through the years LONG BEFORE this crap reboot ever hit cartoon network?

3) Your comparisons are flawed---
Daredevil suffered from ( heres something familiar to jelenic) poor writing and less than faithful translations of major characters ( Elektra and Bullseye ) and a unfounded public dislike for Ben Affleck...
Watchmen was rated R-- if you understood movies then you'd know that action movies don't do as well with a R rating because you restrict and essentially halve your audience.


4) Oh You got me on Transformers....its trash as well...maybe its just a well loved, well known 80's cartoon property. ( ....oh wait....)

I mean its not like Spider-man, Captain America , Iron Man, Thor, Batman begins or those other movies were TRYING to be faithful and ended up being successful, HUH? what was I thinking?
....
and the dominant Properties from that era He-man, T-cats, Transformers and Gi-Joe...two of which are fantasy/sci-fi

You're just arguing for arguments sake with NO real thought of anything of substance.

Last edited by kevster; 06-21-2012 at 12:00 PM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #241
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Of course you have a right to complain. Hate the show all you want. But your arguments are really weak when you inject all of your subjective opinions.

The show is TERRIBLE. MJ is an ARROGANT IDIOT.

These aren't compelling facts worth discussing, they're just your opinion. The show is not terrible for many of us. You are of course encouraged to give your opinion, but the tone of "This show is evil" is probably going to get a similar reply. If you wrote "I don't like this show" I wouldn't have anything to criticize, but instead you write "MJ is trying to destroy my childhood."

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THE SHOW, BUT YOU CAN BE NICE WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT IT.

If you write things like "this show destroys the original." PEOPLE WILL DISAGREE WITH YOUR OPINION.
The show is Terrible and Jelenic, and in my strongest opinion possible, is an idiot. Even as opinion they support the argument that the show should die...which is what the article is arguing ,...whether or not it should continue or die.

Last edited by kevster; 06-21-2012 at 12:24 PM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #242
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon818 View Post
I totally agree with you Cats Pajamas! Kevster, if you hate this new itteration so much why don't you just get over it and leave this forum. I don't understand why you're wasting all your energy slamming the new show. If you didn't like the show then you should have just stopped watching. Problem solved. Why do you have to come here and slam the show and try to ruin it for everyone.

Move on already, geez.

Why don't you get over it. You don't have to read my post and YOU can go away ...see, same applies to you.

I and others, unlike Jelenic, believe the characters and original show are fantastic and it didn't have to be so poorly handled and will not apologize for knowing and arguing that it deserves better.

Last edited by kevster; 06-21-2012 at 12:01 PM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #243
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Cat's Pajamas's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
The show is Terrible and Jelenic is an idiot. even as opinion they support the argument that the show should die...which is what the article is arguing whether or not it should continue or die.
Awesome.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #244
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky View Post
I know art is subjective and everything, but J really do not understand how someone could say the old show had better art. This new show is the best looking animated series I've ever seen. There's no comparison.
Your right, there is no comparison, simply because comparing "the quality" of art from a cartoon that is 27 years old to a modern day cartoon is ludicrous. Those people may simply prefer the old school art over the new school stuff.

To play devils advocate though, I can point you to a couple of Anime's from the 80's which have comparable if not better art then the 2012 Thundercats. Legend of Lemnear is the first one that comes to mind. Imagine an anime completely drawn by Todd McFarlane!



And it came out in 1987. So yes, it is all subjective.

Welcome to the boards btw.

Last edited by AlexofThundera; 06-21-2012 at 01:16 PM..
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #245
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
because the show was subject to absurd FCC regulations that the shows had to have public service announcements or written to portray moral standards because they didn't want animated shows to be commercials for toys. Thus some of the more simplistic elements and "knowing is half the battle" lessons.
This is truth. I forgot which interview it was, maybe one of Larry's or one with someone else who stated that every script had to be read and approved by the "regulators" in order to ensure the shows weren't just half an hour toy commercials. This seriously impeded the amount of stuff the writers could pull with the show.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #246
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post

Whiskers.... NO! Keep japan and their cliche anime writing as far from this show as possible. Imagine Thundercats with a 40-episode season, where in each episode they do the SAME THING over and over again with villains of the week, Mumm-Ra being defeated at the end of every episode, oh and... 3-minute long transformation sequences that are recycled footage.
Grouping all anime together like that is just as ignorant as when Americans group all cartoons together. There are TONS of anime that don't fall into those patterns.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #247
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,267
Also....whoever said action movies with an R rating don't do well?

Seriously?

Die Hard - R
The Matrix - R
The Terminator - R
Kill Bill - R
Predator - R
Lethal Weapon - R
Rambo - R
Robocop - R
Total Recal - R

etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. I could keep going.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #248
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
The anime in Japan come up with different ideas about shows. US cartoons are all the same. Sorry.

Ah.....you're a weeaboo. That explains a lot.

How about that Japanese show where the main character has a demon in him, and tries to control it while gaining more power? Oh, wait. I have to specify if I'm talking about Naruto or Inuyasha.

Or how about the one where the main character is awkward, naive, misunderstood, and gains great power throughout the series?

Wait, need to specify again; Am I talking about Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece?

Yeah..........ALL the BIG Anime copy off each other and are all the same. The background is just difference. One says Ki, the other says Chakra, and the other says Spiritual Pressure.
Lioconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #249
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
Ah.....you're a weeaboo. That explains a lot.

How about that Japanese show where the main character has a demon in him, and tries to control it while gaining more power? Oh, wait. I have to specify if I'm talking about Naruto or Inuyasha.

Or how about the one where the main character is awkward, naive, misunderstood, and gains great power throughout the series?

Wait, need to specify again; Am I talking about Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece?

Yeah..........ALL the BIG Anime copy off each other and are all the same. The background is just difference. One says Ki, the other says Chakra, and the other says Spiritual Pressure.
And what is the difference, it seems most US cartoons are rebooted over and over again?

First all Bleach and Naruto are different. Lets be honest, this TCats has copied off a lot.

I don't see anything the same as fullmetal, Claymore, Hell Girl, Dr. Greyman, and many more.

As I recall Robo-tech (one of my favorites) and Voltron copied of anime from Japan.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #250
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
As I recall Robo-tech (one of my favorites) and Voltron copied of anime from Japan.
Voltron was an original Anime retooled for America by World Events. The original is called Beast King GoLion.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saved from the attic PANTHRO HOOO Thundercats Toys and Merchandise 27 09-18-2011 12:12 PM

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS