TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
3. Ramlak Rising
4. Song of the Petalars
5. Old Friends
6. Journey to the Tower of Omens
7. Legacy

Update: 5/6/7 have been confirmed from the toonzone post via Tivo Guide Data.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Interesting episode titles. Not sure who, or what, Ramlak will be. Petalars makes me think of the Silkies/plant people.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
They've been up for a couple days on Wikipedia.
The Ramlak btw is a big Plant-like thing. You see concept art on it from IGN's Thunder Thursdays. and Petalars are the plant people.

BTW 5-7 are:

5. Old Friends
6. Journey to the Cat's Lair
7. Legacy
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Lord of the Thundercats
Thundercat Fan
Well the episode titles sound awesome, can't wait for them each and every Friday! Thundercats Hoooooo!
Lord of the Thundercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Balgus82
just found this.

Omens (Part 1) - July 29, 2011
Omens (Part 2) - July 29, 2011
Ramlak Rising - August 5, 2011
Song of the Petalars - August 12, 2011
Old Friends - August 19, 2011
Journey to the Tower of Omens - August 26, 2011
Legacy - September 2, 2011
The Duelist and the Drifter
Berbils
Sight Beyond Sight
The War Forgers
Into the Astral Plane (Part 1)
Into the Astral Plane (Part 2)
Lost Causes
Trials of Lion-O (Part 1)
Trials of Lion-O (Part 2)
Native Son
Survival of the Fittest
The Pit
Curse of Ratilla
Birth of the Blades
The Forever Bag
Recipe for Disaster
The Soul Sever
What Lies Above (Part 1)
What Lies Above (Part 2)

Cartoon Network August 2011 Premiere Info - Page 4
Old 07-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
*snip*
That sounds more like a title list from the original season 1 set. Almost.
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Would definitely be cool if true, but I'm not sure I would believe this list just yet. Seems a bit heavy with 2-parters, and a bit too fan-wanky. I also doubt that we would have all of the first twenty-six episode titles leaked this early into the show's life-span. I guess only time will tell. Though one thing in this list's favor, is that it fits in with the thirteen episodes per season/story arc thing they're doing.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
Balgus82
there are 26 episodes per season
Old 07-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
there are 26 episodes per season
Really? I've been going off of one of IGN's "Thunder Thursday" articles, and while it doesn't mention seasons specifically, it makes it sound like their doing thirteen episode seasons.

Thunder Thursdays: ThunderCats Gets Dark! - TV Preview at IGN
Quote:
"Before we even got started we mapped out an entire beginning, middle and end for the ThunderCats story we wanted to tell," Jelenic revealed. "We sort of broke that down into 13-episode arcs that we tackled one at a time. So we have the first thirteen and the next thirteen all plotted out and that's about as far as we've gotten. And in between that we tell one-off stories that don't necessarily involve the larger arc but they help develop the characters and fill in the mythology of the world itself. And there are a lot of character plots."
It could be that they're combining two thirteen episode story arcs to form a season, but it would make more sense, to me at least, to keep them as separate seasons of their own. It's fewer episodes per season, but it would allow for each story arc to stand on it's own.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
Balgus82
I've seen 26 in a couple different interviews. the most recent is this one with Wily Kat's voice actor.

"I don’t know actually, because I have not kept count. I heard that the seasons are 26 episodes though."

Interview wtih Eamon Pirruccello : Media Mikes
Old 07-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I've seen 26 in a couple different interviews. the most recent is this one with Wily Kat's voice actor.

"I don’t know actually, because I have not kept count. I heard that the seasons are 26 episodes though."

Interview wtih Eamon Pirruccello : Media Mikes
Ok. I just hope that, when it comes time to put the first season out on DVD, that they don't split it up at all. It's something that annoys me (even though I'll most likely be buying the new releases of the original show, which are quite broken up, lol...). I also hope it doesn't mean the breaks in-between the seasons won't be too huge. Will have to wait and see how they handle them.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #12
Lord of the Thundercats
Thundercat Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Ok. I just hope that, when it comes time to put the first season out on DVD, that they don't split it up at all. It's something that annoys me (even though I'll most likely be buying the new releases of the original show, which are quite broken up, lol...). I also hope it doesn't mean the breaks in-between the seasons won't be too huge. Will have to wait and see how they handle them.
I know what you mean. I hated the fact that I had to pay double for the complete first season (and unfortunately the last) for Caprica because it was split up.
Lord of the Thundercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:04 AM   #13
ThunderCat Tygra 2011
Prince of Thundera
Is funny how in some animated series people use the title "Recipe for Disaster" xD
All the titles sound great! It will be like torture to wait till every each Fryday!!! I won´t miss an episode, this series is the best I´ve been watching in years, I don´t wanna miss a thing!!!
I gotta say the "Lost Causes" touched my curiosity^^ And of course "What Lies Above (Part 1 and 2)" ire interesting too (actually all of them ) being the two last episodes. But I hope and want this Thundercats to have more than two seasons and has so many episodes as the classic one!!!!
THUNDERCATS HO!!!!!
ThunderCat Tygra 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #14
Transformed
Thunder Kitty
I have no idea what the titles mean, but I know I'm looking forward to watching each and every one of them. With the exception of G.I. Joe Renegades, I think cartoons from the 80s are on their way to becoming new and improved classics

I only wish He-Man could have stayed around long enough to join in on the fun.
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #15
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I can't remember but have they mentioned if Vultureman, Monkian and Jackalman will show up?
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
Balgus82
They will, but they're their own separate groups. and they said they'd have their own names this time around like Slythe does instead of being called by their species name.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #17
Talyn
Thunder Kitty
my cable has the description of the next episode as something like "The gang are captured by pirates when crossing the sand river" or something similar.
Talyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
Balgus82
One of the Thunder Thursdays articles said
"In episode 3, the Thundercats find themselves on a ship crewed by Fishmen and Lion-O's thirst for vengeance gets them caught up in the ship captain's own dangerous mission of revenge."

and "In episode 4, the Thundercats encounter a race of plant people called the Petalars, through which Lion-O learns to overcome his fears of mortality."
Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #19
Uncanny Madman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
They will, but they're their own separate groups. and they said they'd have their own names this time around like Slythe does instead of being called by their species name.
I really dislike this. I can't for the life of me work out why they thought Monkian and Jackalman being named after their species was a big deal when EVERY SINGLE Thundercat name is just as much derived from their species!

I mean, Monkian is less like monkey than Lion-O is like lion!!
Uncanny Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I can see that working for Vultereman and Jackalman, but Monkian is unique enough that it should stay that way.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #21
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
I really dislike this. I can't for the life of me work out why they thought Monkian and Jackalman being named after their species was a big deal when EVERY SINGLE Thundercat name is just as much derived from their species!
Actually a better comparason would be if all the Thundercats but Lion-O were called "Thunderian" as their Name.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #22
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
comcast says; Ramlak Rising; is about pirates, or something like that, and Song of the Petalars is about the lizards sending assassins to hunt down and kill the three thundercats.
Old Friends; i suspect is Panthro's first episode?
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #23
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
My guess is, we will see a Moby Dick-like revenge-obssessed quest in episode #3. Considering he just lost his father and his kingdom, Lion-O will certainly have revenge issues, and this seems like the perfect lesson for him to see where obssession can lead. I recall the fish-men designs from IGN's previews, they looked really nice.

Assassins you say? Hmm, I bet the chameleon-like lizard shown in the IGN preview will be one of them.

Quote:
Actually a better comparason would be if all the Thundercats but Lion-O were called "Thunderian" as their Name.
This, so much. Even as a kid I found the names "Jackalman" silly. It's a race's name (especially considering there were quite a few of them in some episodes). It'd be like calling Optimus Prime "Convoy" ... oh wait, the Japanese did it. And it was just as silly.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 08-02-2011 at 06:16 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #24
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
5. Old Friends
6. Journey to the Tower of Omens
7. Legacy

Update: 5/6/7 have been confirmed from the toonzone info via Tivo Guide Data.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote