TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #201
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander88 View Post
It's dated back to march so I think they mean the rest of the current season.
That's what it looks like.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #202
Sportsandstuff
Thunder Kitty
I really hope the show survives
Old 05-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #203
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
It won't if we don't act! Go to the main forum, and click on the contact info for CN, and send them a letter!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #204
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
Below is the link posted by Lioconvoy... Everyone needs to send CN their thoughts

Contact Us | Your Feedback | Cartoon Network
Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 AM   #205
Sirokos2000
Thunder Kitty
Hey Brothers... Thundercats is a WORLDWIDE PHENOMENO with a Huge community of Fans since the early 80s! LETS PROVE OUR POWER by sending CN our thoughts! .... ACT TODAY!

Contact Us | Your Feedback | Cartoon Network
Old 05-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #206
Sportsandstuff
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
It won't if we don't act! Go to the main forum, and click on the contact info for CN, and send them a letter!
I did
Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #207
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Just did. Hope the campaign works! It's one of the few shows that my wife and two kids watch with me and enjoy.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #208
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
I am sorry, but where do all you doomsayers get your info about the show's cancellation? There is NOTHING to indicate it. The show is going strong, and CN just started exporting it worldwide, Hungarian CN has just started airing it dubbed. Obviously they'd not invest into dubbing a show unless it would go on for quite some time. Short shows never make it to my country.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #209
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I am sorry, but where do all you doomsayers get your info about the show's cancellation? There is NOTHING to indicate it. The show is going strong, and CN just started exporting it worldwide, Hungarian CN has just started airing it dubbed. Obviously they'd not invest into dubbing a show unless it would go on for quite some time. Short shows never make it to my country.
The airing has been spotty, CN likes to dump shows at the drop of a hat, and the toy line has tanked. I don't think it's "doomsaying" to reach out to the network and let them know how much we care about the show.

There was a lot of complaining that those of us who were worried about the future of the toy line were being "negative, pessimistic," and "wanted the line to fail." Now you're calling people who are taking precautions and reaching out to CN "doomsayers." This community can be pretty awful at encouraging its members to help save a floundering property we all care about.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #210
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Save the Thundercats! My friend Eclipse found this on tumblr:

Save Thundercats!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #211
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Save the Thundercats! My friend Eclipse found this on tumblr:

Save Thundercats!

Interesting seeing Marisha Ray as Tygra seeing how she's Matthew Mercer's girlfriend. lol

That fact also really makes me think the show is in trouble though... :/

Last edited by Balgus82; 05-31-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #212
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
That fact also really makes me think the show is in trouble though... :/
My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #213
L08e16o
If this show is killed, I hope the blame is just not on CN. It needs to be on MJ too. This is not his only show that has had the second season killed.

Shouldn't have wrote his T fan fic.

Last edited by L08e16o; 05-31-2012 at 03:06 PM..
Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #214
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
The airing has been spotty, CN likes to dump shows at the drop of a hat, and the toy line has tanked. I don't think it's "doomsaying" to reach out to the network and let them know how much we care about the show.

There was a lot of complaining that those of us who were worried about the future of the toy line were being "negative, pessimistic," and "wanted the line to fail." Now you're calling people who are taking precautions and reaching out to CN "doomsayers." This community can be pretty awful at encouraging its members to help save a floundering property we all care about.
The same thing happened with Transformers Animated - they toys were released much later then the cartoon, CN moved the series to a bad airing date (because Hasbro was starting the Hub, their own channel), and generally a lot of bad luck. But you know what, the show was not cancelled because of this... The reception was very positive and Hasbro would have continued the show, if not for the fact that it was a joint venture with CN, and they (as Hasbro became a competitor with the launch of the Hub) simply did not give their approval.

Thundercats has no such problems, the ratings are fine, the show is acclaimed by critics as far as I have seen, and it's one of CN's new "big hits" alongside Young Justice and Green Lantern. They'd be crazy to cancel it.

And as for CN not releasing any official word, does not surprise me. They don't tend to communicate well with fans. Or at all. Hasbro is much better in this regard, just check the shout-outs to the MLP FiM fanbase on the Hub.

That's why I feel it is premature to start petitions and whatnot (besides, what do those ever accomplish? Uwe Boll is still making movies... ) - I'd be all for this if we were in a situation like with Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, where we do have solid fact that the show is gonna get cancelled. (Curse you, Jeph Loeb!) But this is hardly the case.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-01-2012 at 03:27 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #215
tallgeeseblue
Thunder Kitty
What if cartoon network either-

reran the show(first season over the summer.)
or
took a break and reran it starting in the fall no breaks

the toyline then gets relaunched along with merch. if merchandise is running it this way kids can get their stuff for back to school backpacks lunch boxes etc. which would drive sales/viewership (although little late to start making these things for the fall)

then the second true season would then pick up either in spring of 13 or fall of 13 giving plenty of lead time for writing or a posibly a wrap up straight to DVD and time to sync any more lines of merch.

because while spending all this money on making eps is great profitwise they need a chance to show them more than once. to make it worthwhile
Old 06-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #216
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgeeseblue View Post

or

the toyline then gets relaunched along with merch. if merchandise is running it this way kids can get their stuff for back to school backpacks lunch boxes etc. which would drive sales/viewership (although little late to start making these things for the fall)

then the second true season would then pick up either in spring of 13 or fall of 13 giving plenty of lead time for writing or a posibly a wrap up straight to DVD and time to sync any more lines of merch.

because while spending all this money on making eps is great profitwise they need a chance to show them more than once. to make it worthwhile
This is something I have thought about though I don't believe they would re-release wave 1 but release wave 2 (or 3) of the toys. A lot of children who never watched the show on Fridays missed out on the first 13 episodes and rerunning it from the start may allow them to "start from scratch" getting more kids interested and buying merch.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #217
Balgus82
they really do need to start airing reruns of the show. Every kid isn't going to be up at 9am Saturday and Sunday to watch it, and we have more than enough episodes now to air it on weekday afternoons for a while.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #218
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Pixel Dan published this interesting article for those of you who do not follow him:
What does the future hold for ThunderCats? | Pixel-Dan.com: For the Love of Toys!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #219
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgeeseblue View Post

or

The most concerning thing here is that CN has simply done a dump of all 13 "season 2" episodes with out interruption. It seems as though CN is simply treating TC as a sunk cost and purging everything that has already in the can to make room for something else. (a clearance sale if you will) I don't recall any other series on the air now (that are being renewed) being handled the same way. If you see that in three weeks TC is still on the schedule in reruns then that is good sign for the show coming back. But if you see the Ben 10 hour, it's done.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #220
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Pixel Dan published this interesting article for those of you who do not follow him:
What does the future hold for ThunderCats? | Pixel-Dan.com: For the Love of Toys!
Thanks for the link. I would have missed this otherwise...
Old 06-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #221
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
This does not look good... WHISKERS!!! Page can not be found... On BANDAI SITE!
Meet the all new ThunderCats - ThunderCats
Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #222
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
Here is the image:

http://i48.tinypic.com/f2wow.jpg

Maybe they are updating with NEW pics... RIGHT?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #223
thunderbee
Thunder Kitty
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #224
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Great article by Pixel Dan and Four Horsemen doing Thundercats? Yes Please!!

*All links on Bandai's site related to Thundercats leads to that same message.

Last edited by AlexofThundera; 06-04-2012 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Edit: More info
Old 06-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #225
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
The most concerning thing here is that CN has simply done a dump of all 13 "season 2" episodes with out interruption. It seems as though CN is simply treating TC as a sunk cost and purging everything that has already in the can to make room for something else. (a clearance sale if you will) I don't recall any other series on the air now (that are being renewed) being handled the same way. If you see that in three weeks TC is still on the schedule in reruns then that is good sign for the show coming back. But if you see the Ben 10 hour, it's done.
CN is doing that to Young Justice, Green Lantern TAS and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes too. One new episode every week, every saturday. Don't see what's so wrong with that. Same way shows used to be aired when I was a kid in the eighties, and I much prefer that. Most kids are at home and watching TV in saturday morning, all over the world. This is the perfect slot.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #226
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
CN is doing that to Young Justice, Green Lantern TAS and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes too. One new episode every week, every saturday. Don't see what's so wrong with that. Same way shows used to be aired when I was a kid in the eighties, and I much prefer that. Most kids are at home and watching TV in saturday morning, all over the world. This is the perfect slot.
80s??

I watched TCats, Voltron, Silver hawk, GI Joe, Transformers, and a bunch of cartoons on week days. Where have you been.

This show is going on the back burner and that says a lot.

CN moved it to Saturday to get more interest in the show and it didn't.

I don't see a bright future for this show.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #227
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
The Status Of The ThunderCats Line - Thundercats - ToyNewsI.com

Quote:
Ever since Toy Fair in February when Bandai failed to show any new ThunderCats product for the rest of 2012, there has been a question about what the future holds for the line. As of late, a number of rumors have been popping up around the net about Bandai losing the license and how other companies like Hasbro or Mattel are looking to pick it up.

We decided to go to Bandai and find out if there is any truth to these rumors. According to them, there is not. They tell us that they are still the master toy licensee for ThunderCats. The Spring 2012 product line has rolled out here in the US and their product line is not canceled, as they are currently rolling out ThunderCats product globally in conjunction with the TV show being airing internationally.

So there you have it. As for when we might get word of new products for us in the US, that still remains somewhat a mystery as well as the status of the show on Cartoon Network. For now though, it would seem unlikely any other toy company will be getting their hands on this license any time soon.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #228
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
80s??

I watched TCats, Voltron, Silver hawk, GI Joe, Transformers, and a bunch of cartoons on week days. Where have you been.

This show is going on the back burner and that says a lot.

CN moved it to Saturday to get more interest in the show and it didn't.

I don't see a bright future for this show.

Bull crap it didn't. Matthew Mercer himself said at Anime Matsuri in April that since the slot change that ratings have DOUBLED.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #229
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Young Justice. They aired like the last 10 episodes of Season 1 and started Season 2 the following week and it is still going non-stop.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #230
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Uh, Spring 2012 line? You mean the ones that came out back in Feb? That tells us nothing new. That just says the toy line is out, that does not say anything about new figures coming up.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #231
L08e16o
Quote:
Bull crap it didn't. Matthew Mercer himself said at Anime Matsuri in April that since the slot change that ratings have DOUBLED.
1.8/8 rating for birth of the blades is not a good rating.

I do not take the VAs and Tcrew as truth anymore. There were a lot of things said that were not true.

If the ratings are so good, then why are the kids not buying the toys since that is who the show is aimed at.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-05-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #232
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
And here are you pulling those ratings from, exactly?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #233
L08e16o
The ratings for May 19th shows that once again, Cartoon Network ranked third below Nick and Disney.

Thundercats (the Forever Bag) recieved a 1.7/8 for its target 6-11 age group.

Nielsen numbers are usually expressed by points and share. Points, the first number expressed (1.7) refers to Nielsen's assumption of how the percentage of total homes are viewing the show at the given moment when the rating is taken. So, 1.7 would mean that from Nielsen's 5,000 homes sampled, they are assuming 1.7 percent of the total homes in America. The second number (8) represents the share of total viewers - in this case it means that 8 percent of the people watching television at that moment were watching this show. 92 percent were watching something else.

The episode the week prior (Birth of Blades) rated a 1/8."
Old 06-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #234
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
actually judging by the numbers its been on a upswing and hasn't really dropped THAT much. Yes Spongebob will get more ratings, it's like crack for kids. compared to other Saturday Morning CN shows TC is still doing fairly well. not outstanding, but it's hanging in there.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #235
gjustis
Thunder Kitty
lol

The tenacious optimism is inspiring.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #236
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
if I jumped ship every time a show showed low rating eps I'd have given up on Chuck in season 1. that show survived 5 seasons with rollercoaster ratings, and it didn't have half the fanbase this show has.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #237
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
The ratings for May 19th shows that once again, Cartoon Network ranked third below Nick and Disney.

Nielsen numbers are usually expressed by points and share. Points, the first number expressed (1.7) refers to Nielsen's assumption of how the percentage of total homes are viewing the show at the given moment when the rating is taken. So, 1.7 would mean that from Nielsen's 5,000 homes sampled, they are assuming 1.7 percent of the total homes in America. The second number (8) represents the share of total viewers - in this case it means that 8 percent of the people watching television at that moment were watching this show. 92 percent were watching something else.

You are close, but this should explain Neilson ratings.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rating...id=ratings_faq

So on that specific TC episode received 1.7/8 Meaning out of 115 Million homes that Neilson estimates that have TVs, 1.7% of the target demo were watching TC.

The 8 is the percentage based on actual total (no specific demo) TV viewers for the period.

So doing the math .017*115000000= 1.95 Million target demo people were watching TC for that specific episode.

Don't know if this is good or bad or neither.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #238
Balgus82
Quote:
If they were treating it as a sunken ship they just would've stopped airing the episodes altogether. Like they did with Generator Rex. The last couple episodes of that show still haven't aired on CN.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #239
Balgus82
And the Bandai site is back up too btw.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #240
Balgus82
Quote:

I do not take the VAs and Tcrew as truth anymore. There were a lot of things said that were not true.

If the ratings are so good, then why are the kids not buying the toys since that is who the show is aimed at.
For CN, yes it is good ratings. That's better than what DC Nation and Ben 10 does most of the time.

Last edited by Balgus82; 06-05-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #241
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Uh, Spring 2012 line? You mean the ones that came out back in Feb? That tells us nothing new. That just says the toy line is out, that does not say anything about new figures coming up.
I completely agree.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #242
L08e16o
Quote:
For CN, yes it is good ratings. That's better than what DC Nation and Ben 10 does most of the time.
They will air the rest of the episodes. I think if CN was interested then they would've ordered more or show reruns.

Ben 10 is in its forth season and isn't it on other time slots.

Anything DC is usually safe. Look how many reboots of Batman there are.

This is the Tcats first reboot.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-05-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #243
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
looked at the ratings for all the eps of the series, the ratings have stayed rather stable which is a good thing. the pilot it 2.1, and after that it stayed between 1.5 and 1.8 and never dropping below 1.4. for saturday morning that's not bad.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #244
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
They will air the rest of the episodes. I think if CN was interested then they would've ordered more or show reruns.

Ben 10 is in its forth season and isn't it on other time slots.

Anything DC is usually safe. Look how many reboots of Batman there are.

This is the Tcats first reboot.
CN very seldom does reruns anymore I've noticed. and I must point out, has CN EVER done anything logical?
Old 06-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #245
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

kids tend to buy more video games than toys now and I have to say the TC figures do kinda suck...
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #246
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
kids tend to buy more video games than toys now and I have to say the TC figures do kinda suck...
It sounded like CN was banking on the toy sales too.

I see this stuff all the time with anime or games.

I love Dynasty warriors, DW7 empires is coming out overseas, but Koei might dub it due to low sales. They will not port the game to Xbox now. The anime industry is tricky. They say animators in Japan don't make that much they depend on merchandise.

Usually the first season makes a great impression and sales well; which gets another season. TCats, I don't know. I still believe this all started with a certain episode.

I have time warner and CN has not sent any Tcats episodes since 22.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-05-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #247
Balgus82
I don't see why they haven't aired this show in Japan. Not only would they merchandise the heck out of it there they'd give it an intro.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #248
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I don't see why they haven't aired this show in Japan. Not only would they merchandise the heck out of it there they'd give it an intro.
can already see the PVC figurines of scantily clad Cheetara and Pumyra in sexy poses...
Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #249
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

How is that not good?

And what are the ratings for those who watched it that don't have Nielson boxes? How about those that DVR'd it and watched it later?

Last edited by Dr Kain; 06-06-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #250
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
CN very seldom does reruns anymore I've noticed. and I must point out, has CN EVER done anything logical?
Wrong, the won't do reruns unless you name is Johnny Test.
Closed Thread