TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #1201
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
MTV recently sat down with Mr. Bruce Willis to talk about the upcoming movie; G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

“Joe Colton actually is the original G.I. Joe," Willis explained. "In the story, he started the outfit a long time ago and that outfit is all the kids that have — I mean, they are kids. Everybody is kids to [me], but we had such a great cast in this film, really funny and strong and tough guys and funny guys. Pretty girls and funny at the same time."

Willis praised actor Lee Byung-hun for the action he provided for the movie:

“[We've got] action guys that can do things that I would never. I can't even call myself an action guy. This guy, Byung-hun Lee, is so great. We're going to put him in another movie, he's so great, he's just awesome."

The article also revealed a new image from the movie.

You can watch the interview below:

Original Source: Bruce Willis Talks G. I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #1202
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker fireflyed made these custom G.I. Joe Desert Vamps "past and present".

"I was commissioned by board member tmbbanker to build a desert Vamp. After a few conversations we couldn't decide which one to "fireflyed" up. So I did both."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Desert Vamp Past And Present - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #1203
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Check out a detailed gallery of the Wave 1 Retaliation Red Ninja. This figure has been seen before, but this is HissTank's first hands on with a production level release. This figure was purchased in the US at US retail by someone who visited a store that broke release date, so it should be exactly what we are getting when they drop officially on May 28th (so looooong....).

Box shots and additional comparison pics with Renegades Storm Shadow and 25th Red Ninja are attached here. For more shots of the actual Retaliation Red Ninja by himself, check out the HissTank Database entry for him over here: Retaliation Red Ninja 2012.
Original Source: Retaliation Red Ninja Wave 1 Photo Gallery - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #1204
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to Snakefox of the HissTank Forums, we have pics of the recently teased G.I. Joe Basic Figure Assortment from Hasbro. The entire case popped up in the Philippines at retail, not via a traditional "leak". How the retailer got it, not sure.

The wave consists of Duke (an easy change to Grunt), Black Hooded Cobra Commander, Ninja Force Snake Eyes, Ninja Force Storm Shadow, a Black Cobra Trooper, and IDW inspired Shipwreck. They all have very minimal accessories, and DO come with display stands.

They are packaged on non-movie cardbacks, all having the same card. The Philippines price point was 347 Philippines Pesos, which comes out to about $8.15 US. These are said to be hitting the US in off market stores like Dollar General, Drug Stores, and the like. No official word on that yet though.

Check out all the pics after the break!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Basic Figure Assortment Released at Philippines Retail - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #1205
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Here at New Jersey Collectors Con the focus is on Collecting Action Figures! There are many other options for fans to attend shows but we like to think we present a unique event with the best toy dealers on the East Coast. Because our event is focused on the Toy Collector, we wanted to give back to the fans of our show by releasing the door prize schedule and the Mega Door Prize for the May 6th, 2012 NJCC Attack of the Toys!

The Transformers BOTCON Invasion set of Overlord Gigatron, Metalhawk, Heroic Decepticons Soundwave and Treadshot and Evil Autobots Ultra Magnus and Turbo Tracks will be this years NJCC 2012 Attac of the Toys Mega Door Prize. One lucky winner will be walking away with this awesome box-set, but the door prizes don't stop there.

The door prize announcements will start at 9AM and conclude at 3:30PM with our last door prize announcement.
  • 9AM NYCC 2011 Exclusive Marvel Universe HULK
  • 10AM PURSUIT OF COBRA CYCLE ARMOUR
  • 11AM PURSUIT OF COBRA HISS ATTACK SCOUT
  • 12AM GIJOE RETALIATION MOVIE PRIZE PACK
  • 1PM TRANSFORMERS PRIZE PACKAGE
  • 2PM PURSUIT OF COBRA CYCLE ARMOUR
  • 3PM PURSUIT OF COBRA HISS ATTACK SCOUT
  • 3:30PM TRANSFORMERS BOTCON INVASION BOX SET

The NJCC 2012 Dealer Room is 100% sold out!

Join us on FaceBook New Jersey Collectors Con
Original Source: NJCC 2012 Mega Door Prize Giveaway! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #1206
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GIJOE Collectors Club has posted up the second figure from the 2012 GIJOE Con Box Set, OKTOBER GUARD INFANTRY: SCHRAGE.

- 25th Anniverary Style Action Figure
- Oktober Guard Team Member
- NEW Headsculpt
- Includes Stand, Assault Rifle, Satchel Bag,
2nd Assault Rifle with removable clip,
and Backpack

International G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention - GIJoeCon 2012!
Original Source: OKTOBER GUARD INFANTRY: SCHRAGE - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #1207
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
A new GI Joe Retaliation Korean Poster has surfaced on Blogger. The poster features:
  • Storm Shadow
  • Roadblock
  • Joe Colton
click the thumbnail for a closer look!
Original Source: New GI Joe Retaliation Korean Poster - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #1208
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Director Jon Chu just revealed the final character poster for G. I. Joe: Retaliation. The poster features D.J. Cotrona as Flint.

"Here it is.... ONE LAST #GIJOE CHARACTER POSTER to start ur week. The one,the only, FLINT!! Get it, post it, pass it on."

Check it out, after the jump.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Flint Character Poster Revealed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #1209
ThundeRSS

Quote:
If you are a fan of Marvel’s Avengers Alliance a.k.a Avengers Assemble on Facebook as I am, then you are in for a treat. USA Today is reporting that we will be getting a G. I. Joe Social Media Game along with the upcoming G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

Named G. I. Joe: Special Ops and created by Syfy, this game will feature arena-based action and strategy, plus a battalion of heroes and villains to choose from, including Joe teamers Snake Eyes, Duke and Flint, as well as Cobra baddies such as Cobra Commander, Destro, the Baroness and Firefly.

"The world will be populated by the heavy hitters from our lore," says Derryl DePriest, Hasbro's global brand vice president for G.I. Joe. The team at Hasbro that worked with Syfy "really understands the power G.I. Joe has with an audience of now-grown men who grew up with G.I. Joe, loved the characters, loved the entertainment behind it, and saw how that translated into a great game experience."

Gameplay will take place in an enclosed battlefield, with a handful of G.I. Joe or Cobra characters you control with friends or the computer. Your mission is to cross the arena and wipe out your enemies, with matches lasting from five to 15 minutes each.

Read more about it on USA Today.
Original Source: A G. I. Joe Social Media Game Arriving Soon - G. I. Joe: Special Ops - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #1210
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Ready for some super High-Res images of the upcoming GIJOE Retaliation Wheel Blaster Bike with Firefly movie toy? Wait no further, we have right here after the jump!

Evil Cobra saboteur Firefly is an explosives expert with a battle charged bike that is armed with Wheel-Blasting action!

Firefly (Wheel Blaster) 2012 - Retaliation Cobra Figures G.I. Joe Retaliation

Wheel Blaster 2012 - Retaliation Vehicles G.I. Joe Retaliation
Original Source: GIJOE Retaliation Wheel Blaster Bike with Firefly - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #1211
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com has just got word that at Midnight PST www.machinima.com will be hosting the new GIJOE Retaliation Movie Trailer. Rumor has it, that there will be new footage of the Retaliation HISS Tank, Cobra Commander walking with Cobra Troopers and Zartan showing off his powers. Nothing can be confirmed at this time but we are only a few short hours away from the launch window.

If you cant wait until 3AM EST, there is a chance that ET (Entertainment Tonight) will be showing small clips of the upcoming trailer before the full trailer hits on Machinima Midnight PST.

Sound off on the HISSTANK.com forums about the new HISSTANK GIJOE Retaliation Movie Trailer.
Original Source: New GIJOE Trailer On The Way Midnight PST - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #1212
ThundeRSS

Quote:
While the 2nd Retaliation trailer is not hitting for another 7 hours or so, Entertainment Tonight had a quick piece about it on tonight's show. Some juicy new images were sprinkled into the sizzle reel and we've cut out the new ones for your viewing pleasure. Check out all the images after the break!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Trailer Entertainment Tonight Screen Caps HD - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #1213
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out the G.I. Joe Retaliation Trailer #2 Preview from Entertainment Tonight!
Original Source: Entertainment Tonight G.I. Joe Retaliation Preview Video - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #1214
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Since we are waiting for the latest Trailer, here’s something to read to kill the wait. Director Jon Chu was recently interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter regarding G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

THR: [Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson] works hard. Not all of his movies have been incredible, but you can always tell that he’s really trying to make it work.

Chu: And that was truly the case. He comes from a military family -- his cousin is in active duty, I believe, right now -- and so he comes from a very real place. He’s like, "This means a lot to me in terms of the military men and women out there and servicing that and their kids, to know that like their parents are heroes." And yes, we’re in a fantasy world, but it represents the same ideals. And so we’ve had a lot of long, long discussions about that, and he worked hard on honing the character, learning all about Roadblock. So it’s just fun to explore how they changed things throughout the comic book and the toys. They would just make up facts, so it’s hard to like come up with the actual “who he is,” but we got to pick and choose, which is nice. But he wasn’t like movie star diva or something like that, like, “Well, I'm the guy, so why would I crawl on the floor right now?” He was down. And when you think about who represents the ultimate iconic action hero or action figure, he’s the only one right now. The only other ones are old-school guys like Bruce. And to have both of them pays homage to the history, also sort of bridges the gap for the people who don’t know anything about G.I. Joe at all. It really, really is nice.

THR: Do you fully address getting rid of the guys from the previous film at the beginning of the movie, or how does that sort of work?

Chu: Yes and no. We address a little bit, but also leave some of it up in the air. But in my mind, the movie was never about them; the movie is about our characters that you introduced from the beginning. We wanted people to come into this movie and, if you haven’t seen the first movie, be totally OK, which is actually pretty tough because Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are hard to explain to somebody who had never seen G.I. Joe. But we leave some of it open, so you’ll see.

Read more at The Hollywood Reporter.
Original Source: Jon M. Chu Talks G. I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 02:41 AM   #1215
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Check out the G. I. Joe: Retaliation Trailer #2:
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Trailer #2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 03:12 AM   #1216
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Joedeclassified has posted images of variants of the recently revealed Basic GI Joe Figures. Mere repaints sure, but 1 can be looked at as a 30th anniversary Cobra Officer in Cobra Trooper colors, while the repaint of Ninja Force Storm Shadow is a completely different character. Figures shown are:We've mirrored the relevant imagery, check out the new repaints after the jump!
Original Source: 2012 GI Joe Basic Figure Repaints - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #1217
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G. I. Joe: Retaliation Trailer #2 UK Version is now online.

You can check it out by visiting All The Cool Stuff.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Trailer #2 UK Version - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #1218
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Snake Eyes is the world’s greatest ninja and a secret weapon of the G.I. Joe team. GIJOE Ninja Commando Snake Eyes races his bike into battle against a pack of evil Red Ninjas.

GIJOE is the worlds greatest special-ops fighting force with top-secret ninja training from the toughest of masters. led by Ultimate Ninja Commando Roadblock. These elite heroes defend the globe from the evil forces of Cobra.

Ninja Speed Cycle 2012 - Retaliation Vehicles G.I. Joe Retaliation

Snake Eyes (Ninja Cycle) 2012 - Retaliation G.I. Joe Figures G.I. Joe Retaliation

More GIJOE Retaliation Ninja Speed Cycle images after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE Retaliation Ninja Speed Cycle with Snake Eyes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #1219
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISSTANK.com boards member VIPER E7 for posting up images of his IN-Hand Sideshow Collectibles 12" Zartan figure.

Zartan Sixth Scale Figure - Instock & Ready To Ship

Though his true identity and birthplace are unknown, the mercenary called ZARTAN is one of the G.I.JOE Team's most dangerous and devious foes. That's because ZARTAN could be anyone, anywhere at any time. He is fluent in more than twenty languages and dialects, a ventriloquist, and capable of imitating the voice and physical appearance of virtually anyone he wishes. It's a set of talents that the terrorist organization COBRA finds particularly appealing. The group frequently employs ZARTAN to use these skills to deceive the Joe team and gain access to information that COBRA can use against anyone who dares oppose them.
Original Source: Sideshow ZARTAN In-Hand Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #1220
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker G.I. JOSEPH made this custom Cobra Double.

"I've had this idea rattling around in my head for a while that it would be cool if during one of the times that Cobra had captured Duke, they had managed to clone him. Using Duke's DNA, Double leads Cobra Troopers into battle, and can alter his appearance to match the real Duke! Hope you can dig it!"

Original Source: Custom Cobra Double - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #1221
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Whoa! It seems as though there are more versions of the latest G. I. Joe: Retaliation Trailer #2… each with new footage. We’ve counted a total of 4 variations, including the US and UK versions we saw earlier. The trailer named as “The International Trailer” contains extended footage from the US Trailer as well as brand new footage. And that particular trailer reveals a hood for Storm Shadow, more Cobra Commander awesomeness and kick-ass Ninja Battles. This international trailer also shows us some futuristic gadgets. This looks like a great day for G. I. Joe Live Action Movie News.

Check ‘em out below:

Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Trailer #2 International Versions - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #1222
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Yes, I got my Footloose today! Here are some super clean, high-res images, for those of you who will not be getting the club figure this year.

Footloose was valedictorian of his high school class, captain of the track team, and an Eagle Scout. He was going for his degree in Physical Education on a state scholarship when he suddenly dropped out, moved to the West Coast, and spent three years searching for elusive answers to cosmic questions. He was standing on the boardwalk along Venice beach one day when the randomness of his existence hit him between the eyes like a runaway freight train. "I think I'll join the Army," he said, and did. After completing basic, jump school, and desert training, he joined the infantry ranks of the G.I.Joe Team.

More Footloose images after the jump.
Original Source: Footloose 25th Anniversary GIJOE Collectors Club Figure - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #1223
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. JOE: SPECIAL OPS will put you in command of some of the most iconic characters in the G.I. JOE pantheon; whether you're looking to uphold peace and justice or strike terror into the hearts of the enemies of COBRA, there's a Commando for you. The first wave of 6 characters has been unveiled. Find out who'll be at your command when the game launches on May 22.

Both G.I. JOE and COBRA make use of only the utmost in military hardware, and you'll be able to get your hands on the controls of some of the coolest G.I. JOE vehicles ever created in G.I. JOE: SPECIAL OPS. Discover the first four now.

G.I. Joe Special Ops: News | Syfy Games

Many more images from the upcoming G.I. JOE: SPECIAL OPS game that you do not want to miss, after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE Social Media Game G. I. Joe: Special Ops Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #1224
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Itching to see ROADBLOCK AND SNAKE EYES KICK MORE RED NINJA ASS? Well wait no longer as GI Joe Retaliation Prequel #4 and Snake Eyes #12 by IDW Publishing are due out in stores today!

GI Joe Retaliation Prequel #4
The final battle! STORM SHADOW leads his ninja on an attack that threatens to cripple America's national security! The only men who can stop him are SNAKE EYES and ROADBLOCK-but can they put aside their differences and learn from each other in time? It's ninja and commando action in the frantic G.I. JOE manner, leading into the hottest movie of 2012!

Snake Eyes #12
COBRA COMMAND AFTERMATH! The most dangerous Joe is presumed K.I.A.-but we know different! SNAKE EYES returns to the HARD MASTER to deliver some shocking news as only the silent JOE can. But someone SNAKE EYES cares deeply about has been harmed and someone else is going to have to pay for that. It's ninja action in the urban jungle and plenty of new surprises!

Read on to preview both of these issues!
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Prequel #4 And Snake Eyes #12 Previews - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #1225
ThundeRSS

Quote:
AintItCoolNews' Russ Sheath was able to watch 9 minutes of GI Joe Retaliation, and has posted a description of what he saw(now that the embargo on screener information has been lifted). He describes the movie as very different from the Rise Of Cobra, and he got to hear Cobra Commander speak for the 1st time:

It was difficult to tell whether that was Joseph Gordon Levitt* as Cobra Commander from the quick glimpse we got of the unmasked, scarred leader of the Cobra Legions and I'd be keen to know who voiced him, as we heard the Commander speak he sounded much more sinister and commanding than in the previous movie.

*Levitt has stated before that he is not in GI Joe 2

From Sheath's description, he was very impressed by the ninja duels shown between Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow. A lot of what what he described from the 9 minutes of footage seems to be the basis for the 2nd GI Joe Retaliation Trailers.

This is how he concluded his summary:

From this early footage I think that fans will love GI Joe Retaliation as Chu and The Rock get GI Joe right. Everything that might be considered minor details, for example Snake-Eyes or Cobra Commander's mask are things that have a 30 year history and are in this movie....besides, there's no excuse for a ninja who's taken a vow of silence, having lips.

With only 2 more months until GI Joe Retaliation, keep it locked to our GI Joe Movie News for further updates!
Original Source: A Description Of 9 Minutes Of GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #1226
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Collider talked with The Rock recently, where The Rock chimed in with more Retaliation. The Rock says that Collider are bad asses. In addition, The Rock said more, with this 2 paragraph answer to a question about when he was approached for his role as Roadblock:

I was even more than “Yeah I’m in.” But also too, you wanna be a little bit poised with your excitement at first. When I first heard it, the idea of starring in G.I. Joe, first of all you get a second crack at something that is—the franchise is that big, the title is that big, the first one did well [but there was] room for improvement. We get a second crack at bat with this; I wanted to grab this by the throat and not let go. The moment I locked in, we all agreed, I’m in. I trained my ass off for this role, wanted to become Roadblock, wanted to pay homage to the mythology of G.I. Joe, and not only that but then pay honor and respect to our military in a real way where it’s gritty and rooted and grounded and boots to the ground, and we’re not shootin’ off lasers and shit; these are real rounds. Excuse my language, but I’m gettin’ excited right now. I’m gonna throw a chair in a minute (laughs).

Also, we wanted to pay homage to and elevate the fantastical side of G.I. Joe with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and the incredible ninjas that we have. It was a great blend of worlds, collision of worlds, and when they came to me with the idea of starring in it it was like, there’s the throat, there’s the grab, I’m in.

We can't verify if The Rock ended up throwing a chair at someone during the interview, for what The Rock says, The Rock does, and that's the bottom line...eh, anyways...

The Rock says he decided to portray Roadblock, with his own interpretation and talks about Jon Chu's childhood adventures with GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO ACTION FIGURES:

No, but I was already familiar with the cartoons and the comics anyway, and the mythology. We brushed up even deeper into the mythology because Jon has a great passion anyway for G.I. Joe. And here’s what’s amazing about Jon, he credits his storytelling ability to G.I. Joe. When he was a kid, he would set up these scenarios with his action figures, create sandpits and everything like that, go to school and come back, and they were these weeklong sagas. It’s funny how everything comes full-circle. The first time I sat with Jon, I said, “Just give me an idea of the tone of the movie,” that’s the only thing I wanted to know, because I had my own interpretation of Roadblock and how we were gonna pay homage to G.I. Joe and the mythology, and I said, “Just give me an idea of the tone,” and he said, “Rooted and real and bad ass.”
Original Source: The Rock Talks Even More GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1227
ThundeRSS

Quote:
While AICN was able to see 9 minutes of footage from GI Joe Retaliation, Omelete from Brazil was able to see 15 minutes last week. Here's a breakdown of 3 pivotal scenes that they saw(WARNING: slight spoilers, read at your own risk!):

The Great Escape
It is an extended version of the first scene of the new trailer, which has FireFly (Ray Stevenson) attacking from the outside of a fortress, while Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) fakes cardiac arrest to start the escape plan and release of Cobra Commander, who appears without a mask, with more breathing problems than an asthmatic Darth Vader. Then we learned of the infiltration in the White House and plan to destroy the world (well illustrated with a huge explosion in London.) The sequence ends with the trio of Joes to General Colton (Bruce Willis), Joe of all Joes, asking something in return for aid.

Snake Eyes VS Storm Shadow
The rematch between the two ninjas. A battle that seems unfair, shurikens against a machine gun that can destroy the ninja stars while they are thrown and ends with daggers "out" in a clash between the two. Cut to getting The Rock "a vehicle that works fine in neutral," but he prefers a little more speed.

Fighting in the mountains
This sequence had already been briefly shown in the first trailer and must redefine the use of wire-fu (fighting with steel cables) in Hollywood films. This longer version has more agents of Cobra going up against the Joes, we can see that it has everything to become iconic and endlessly copied. The scene ends in an unexpected way, with a sacrifice.

As with the 9 minutes of footage mentioned earlier, the scenes described here formed the basis of GI Joe Retaliation Trailer 2.
Original Source: 15 Minutes Of GI Joe Retaliation In Brazil - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1228
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Rock isn't alone in thinking that GI Joe Retaliation will be better than the Rise Of Cobra, as fellow co-star Lee Byung Hun has gone on to say:

“I absolutely think that (the sequel) will be more fun than the first one,”

Lee was at a press event for Retaliation in Seoul, Korea, earlier where he went on to describe his role as Storm Shadow. We have not heard much from Lee himself prior to this event. Interestingly enough, he compared Stephen Sommers with Jon M Chu:

“If Mr. Summers concentrated on showing many different characters and state-of-the-art CGI-enhanced scenes together, Mr. Chu was focused on the people. He wanted to show their personal histories,” he said. “He thought of the drama on top of flashy visual effects.”

Here's some more insight as to how Storm Shadow is portrayed in Retaliation, and Lee's challenges:

“If I had just a lot of sword fights and kicks in the first movie, this time my character (Storm Shadow) is seen more up close. It has a dramatic aspect that shows his history, inner conflicts. I loved how much of my acting I could show this time around... but I still think I could have been much more competent in a Korean film.

“Frankly speaking, it’s hard. Casual speech and delivering lines in English belong to two different dimensions. Because you use a foreign language, you’ve got to be sure you could recite lines without a mistake even if someone woke you up from a nap.

“On the set, someone from the crew told me after I read my line that my pronunciation was off for one of the words. Right after my head became completely blank, busy thinking about that one line. Sometimes I felt I was back in the earliest days of my career.”

In addition, the article reveals what allegiance Storm Shadow has in Retaliation. WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD. Can't take it any longer and want to know if Storm Shadow is a Joe or Cobra in Retaliation? Read on...
Original Source: Lee Byung Hun Describes Storm Shadow In GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #1229
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HissTank.com is proud to present the latest installment of everyone's favorite 3 & 3/4 Modern Army Comic, Ages 25 & Up! Here's what the A25&U creator, Numbers, had to say about the latest installment entitled The Final Showdown:

This week's Ages 25 & Up is one you don't want to miss. Clutch and Roy's rivalry, their attempts to kill each other and prove one's the best driver... it all comes down to this. It's The Final Countd-- er... SHOWDOWN!

Once you've checked out the latest issue, join us for discussion already in progress!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #186 - The Final Showdown Now Online! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1230
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Since its rebranding as "Syfy", the channel has taken great pains to re-brand the itself. That re-branding continues with a series of new shows announced by Syfy. While they have their normal slate of scripted and unscripted shows (including a possible DC Comics Booster Gold series), Toyark fans will want to take a look at the descriptions for two shows in particular.

Toy Traveler: Shane Turgeon, the Indiana Jones of toy collectors, travels to remote corners of the world to find the rarest and most valuable toys and collectibles. Whether it’s in an old toy warehouse in a remote Guatemalan town or a small swap meet in the Ukraine, Shane will go to all lengths to find the most unique and collectible toys.

Collection Intervention: Collection Intervention follows Elyse Luray, a sharp and to-the-point collectibles expert as she helps couples who are divided over what to do with an overwhelming collection of memorabilia. Whether it’s a husband’s collection of mint-condition G.I. JOE action figures worth thousands of dollars or a girlfriend’s treasure trove of Star Wars movie posters, Elyse helps couples decide what’s worth keeping and what they can sell. For each couple, their new cash windfall will make their dream come true, whether it’s an engagement ring, a down payment for a home, or the honeymoon they never had.

Dread Central has a list of the other Syfy show for those that want to see what else the network is offering.
Original Source: Syfy Announces New Toy Themed TV Shows - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #1231
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Time to have a little fun! Thanks to Kokomo Toys - we have a few GIJOE Retaliation Wave 1 figures to give away. Starting now: We have hidden the Kokomo Toys Logo in our G.I. Joe Toy Database, the first board member to correctly find the logo and post a link to it's loaction will win a random GIJOE Retaliation Action Figure.

Kokomo Toys now has over 20,000 parts in nearly 5,000 separate listings on eBay as of today. This will be the first run of our vintage items for 2012 until we restock after Joe Con 2012. So, grab your parts lists and come check us out on eBay.

GIJOE Instructions: Vintage Vehicle Instructions in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE File Cards: Vintage GI Joe Cobra File Cards items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Figure Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Vehicle Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Vehicle Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

We also have tons of 30th Anniversary and Renegades figures including army builders now on eBay.

GIJOE items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!
Original Source: Kokomo Toys GIJOE Retaliation Movie Toys Give Away - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #1232
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Folks at StylinOnline.com let us know they are have a new G.I. Joe Hat & Button Up in-stock. This is an officially licensed, fitted GI Joe 59Fifty Cobra Commander Hat in which the hat has been embroidered with an official Cobra Commander and Cobra Logo. They also have a huge array of T-Shirts and other licensed products available. Check out some of their popular sections:
To view the complete update click the Title Bar.
Original Source: StylinOnline.com New Hooded Cobra Commander Hat & Button Up - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #1233
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Los Angeles Times has posted an article in which they recap some of what The Rock and GI Joe Retaliation director Jon M Chu said at CinemaCon. Apparently we will get to see a more emotional, dramatic side to the Joes, not just all out combat(and according to the article, increased emphasis on physical stunts). According to Chu, "I think people will see a whole new face of Dwayne when they get to see him perform some pretty dramatic stuff," the filmmaker said. "OK, he doesn't shed tears. But he sheds punches."

One wonders if this "pretty dramatic stuff" includes any member of Cobra getting The Peoples' Elbow.....

In addition, apparently The Rock has been refered to by his peers as "franchise viagra". Whether he can reinvigorate and elevate the GI Joe brand for more than 4 hours remains to be seen but more and more directors smell what he's cooking as GI Joe is not the 1st, nor the last franchise the Brahma Bull has been sent in to save. Here's what he had to say:

"The goal was never to find franchises, go in and take them over," said Johnson, who was in Las Vegas to accept CinemaCon's Action Star of the Decade award. "The first question is, 'Well, can I come in and help elevate a movie?' With this film, it was an opportunity I wanted to grab by the throat and make right. I wanted it to veer off from the first."
Original Source: The Rock Sheds Punches Not Tears - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #1234
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Ian made this custom G.I. Joe Star Wars Crossover X-Striker from a 30th Skystriker.

''This is Capt Luke "Sky" Walker, personal Skystriker the X-Striker.
The deco is inspired by Luke Skywalker's Xwing (Red5)''

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Star Wars Crossover X-Striker - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1235
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GIJOE Collectors Club has posted up the third figure from the 2012 GIJOE Con Box Set, OKTOBER GUARD OFFICER: COLONEL BREKHOV.

- 25th Anniverary Style Action Figure
- Oktober Guard Team Member
- NEW Headsculpt with
removable officers hat
- Includes Stand, Assault Rifle,
Pistol, and 2nd Assault Rifle

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

Original Source: GIJOE 25th Anniversary Style OKTOBER GUARD OFFICER: COLONEL BREKHOV - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #1236
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISSTANK.com boards member Nova for posting up images of his custom work on the Cobra Zombie Viper. If your a huge fan of the Zombie Viper and want to see some cool extra effects, you should check out this thread.

More Zombie Viper images after the jump.
Original Source: Zombie Viper Compound Z And Head Customs - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #1237
ThundeRSS

Quote:
If you are following Director Jon Chu’s tweets, then you may have seen a fleeting glimpse of a new Storm Shadow poster at the Korean G. I. Joe 2 Press Event.

Thanks to Stark Industries, we now have a better look at that poster.

Original Source: New G. I. Joe: Retaliation Storm Shadow Character Poster - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #1238
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Some very interesting news has turned up today concerning who will be the voice of Cobra Commander in the upcoming GIJOE Retaliation movie.According to Charlie Adler's Wikipedia page (the voice of Cobra Commander in GIJOE Resolute and Renegades) he has been chosen to once again voice the infamous Cobra Commander in the upcoming summer block buster GIJOE Retaliation! The usual caveats apply, until Hasbro or Paramount confirm this news it's just speculation.

Click the discuss button to sound off on the HISSTANK.com forums!
Original Source: Charlie Adler Voicing Cobra Commander In Retaliation? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #1239
ThundeRSS

Original Source: Machinima G. I. Joe: Retaliation Cast Interview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #1240
ThundeRSS

Quote:
USA Today has posted a new image from GI Joe Retaliation of 2 stars headlining the movie:
  • Roadblock played by The Rock
  • Joe Colton played by Bruce Willis
Click on the thumbnail for a closer look!
Original Source: New Image Of Roadblock And Joe Colton - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #1241
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Shout! Factory has sent out a press release for GI Joe Series 2 Season 2 by DiC:

THE COMPLETE SECOND AND FINAL SEASON FROM THE
1991 G.I. JOE ANIMATED SERIES WILL ARRIVE ON
HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES FOR THE FIRST TIME

G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO
SERIES 2, SEASON 2

Featuring All 20 Action-Packed Episodes
in a Collectible 3-DVD Set

OWN IT ON DVD JULY 10, 2012
FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

On July 10, 2012, Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Hasbro, will release the G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero Series 2, Season 2 on DVD. This highly collectible 3-DVD set contains all 20 episodes from the complete second season and insightful bonus content. A must have for fans, collectors and animation enthusiasts to complete their home entertainment collection of this animated series, G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero Series 2, Season 2 DVD set arrives in stores everywhere and is priced to own at $ 29.93 SRP. Fans can pre-order now on Amazon.com.

The battle rolls on in the final season of G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero Series 2! GENERAL HAWK returns with his new team of G.I. JOE heroes, ready to take on any challenge by COBRA, a ruthless criminal organization out for world domination. And COBRA COMMANDER's clearly left the toughest challenges for last! Does G.I. JOE have what it takes to stop them? The popular second season of this series from 1991 sees the return of fan favorite characters including Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow in adventures more exciting than ever!

Bonus Feature:
Retrospective Featurette With The Hasbro Toy Team

G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero Series 2, Season 2
Street Date: July 10, 2012
Discs: 3
Running Time: approx. +/- 7 hours
Video: Fullframe 1.33:1 - Preserving the aspect ration of its original broadcast
Audio: Original Mono

About Hasbro
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative, well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. Programming in the U.S. is distributed on The Hub TV Network, a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com. (c)2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company's audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY®-nominated boxed sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com
Original Source: Shout Factory GI Joe Series 2 Season 2 Press Release - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #1242
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Itching for GI Joe Retaliation toys? Our site sponsors have come through with preorders for the new toys!Head on to any of our sponsors above to lock in your orders for new GI Joe Retaliation toys!
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Preorders Up Now - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #1243
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Just a quick update for those fans (including myself) who enjoy the GIJOE vs.Transformers crossover toys that started with last years SkyScreamer SDCC 2011 Exclusive. This years BOTCON 2012 is now underway and we wanted to share images of the first day Dreadnok registration pin, and Heroic Soundwave who appears to be the tour van for Cold Slither and rocks the Dreadnok Logo.

Join us on www.TFW2005.com for up-to-the-minute coverage of all the goings on at BotCon 2012!

If your looking to score this exclusive there are a few listings on eBay: Botcon 2012 Dreadnok Soundwave | eBay

More BotCon 2012 Dreadnok images after the jump.
Original Source: BOTCON 2012 Dreadnok and GIJOE Crossover Heroic Soundwave - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #1244
ThundeRSS

Quote:
At the end of the G. I. Joe: Retaliation US Trailer #2, you may have noticed a website to visit. This website; named Cobra Special Forces is part of a viral campaign for the upcoming movie. These days, Viral Campaigns are an essential part of any movie. These help spread the word and keep people excited. If you all will recall, even Rise of Cobra had a viral campaign. Although the Cobra Special Forces viral campaign is in its infant stage, this has a potential to grow. Which is why the participation of G. I. Joe fans are important… even if you are a Joe supporter than a Cobra one.

If you visit the website, they’ll tell you that…WE REQUIRE GREATNESS OF OUR COBRA SPECIAL FORCES, EVERY MEMBER IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE TEAM, JOIN COBRA AND SHOW US WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF. Then, you will undergo a memory challenge and a spatial recognition challenge that will earn you the following ranks:

MERCENARY
MERCENARY AND YOU PROVIDE RESULTS. BE DISCREET AND GET THE JOB DONE WELL.

VIPER
CRUCIAL MEMBER OF THE BATTLE INFANTRY AND SUPPORT. VIPERS ARE THE FOOT SOLDIERS.

SPECIALTY VIPERS
AN ADVANCE VIPER, WHICH RANGE FROM EELS, TECHNO-VIPERS, TELE-VIPERS AND ADDITIONAL FIELD VIPERS. HIGHLY TRAINED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE SPECIALTY AND CALLED UPON WHEN NEEDED.

BLUE SHIRTS
STEP ABOVE THE STANDARD COBRA. BLUE SHIRTS TEND TO BE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT AND ADEPT ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

CRIMSON GUARD
PART OF THE COBRA SPECIAL FORCES, RESERVE UNIT. TOO VALUABLE FOR BATTLEFIELD, THIS IS THE HIGHEST ECHELON OF THE COBRA SPECIAL FORCES.

After that, you can join the Official Facebook Page... the more your friends join, higher your rank will be. The page even let us take a gimps of scenes from the movie.

On a very happy note, we can see that this viral campaign is slowly spreading. Some sites even discuss the social aspects of the campaign with arguments such as "Forget G.I. Joe, sometimes what’s right or wrong is determined on our will and/or ideas of making the world a better place – 'One man’s terrorist, is another man’s hero.'". Popular movie viral websites are excited by this development as well. This is definitely another indication of the fact that Retaliation is doing it right.

Take a look at 2 scenes from the movie revealed by the Facebook page, after the jump.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Cobra Special Forces Viral Spreading - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #1245
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GIJOE Collectors Club has posted up images of the upcoming Last Man Standing 12" JoeCon 2012 Exclusive. The Adventure Team Heavy Weapons box set will hold 2 figures.

Original Source: Last Man Standing 12" JoeCon 2012 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #1246
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Happy news for the Joe fans...

G. I. Joe: Retaliation & Renegades 4-Packs are now ready for Preorder at Amazon. Strangely the Retaliation pack mentions Joe Colton and Blind Master. From the reports we received earlier, the 4-pack consists of Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Roadblock and Snake Eyes.

G.I. Joe Renegades 3.75 inch Figure 4 pack

Price: $39.99

Product Features
  • The Amazon exclusive G.I. JOE RENEGADES Pack has 2 heroes and 2 villains for epic G.I. JOE battles!
  • Get CONRAD "DUKE" HAUSER, SNAKE EYES, STORM SHADOW and COBRA NINJA VIPER figures and the weapons for all the battles you can imagine!
  • Pack includes 4 figures and accessories
  • Arm them with their weapons and pit them against each other in battle after battle
  • Get these while you can!

G.I. Joe Sneak Peek 3.75 inch Figure 4 pack

Price: $39.99

Product Features
  • The Amazon exclusive G.I. JOE RETALIATION Premiere Pack has 2 heroes and 2 villains from the amazing new G.I. JOE movie!
  • Get ROADBLOCK, JOE COLTON, BLIND MASTER, ETC.
  • Pack includes 4 figures and accessories
  • Arm them with their weapons and pit them against each other in battle after battle
  • Get these while you can!
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation And Renegades 4-Packs Ready For Preorder At Amazon - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #1247
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Cloud Strife made this custom G.I. Joe Lady Jaye.

"Here's another Wry1 inspired custom, and this time it's Lady Jaye!

Despite the pain that the eyes were to paint, due to the brim of the hat, I really like how she turned out. I'm glad I ditched the 2-toned green ensemble I was originally going with for the monochromatic green, as it just simply looks better, IMO. I did sculpt a wife-beater under her button-up shirt, and the throat mic with the round pads on it (no idea what they're called) along with the wire running between them and then one running up the side of her neck to her earpiece. It's hard to see the details since they're painted black and so small, but nonetheless, they're there. I did sculpt the straps for the holsters and their clips as well."

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Lady Jaye - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #1248
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The 2012 Canadian G.I. Joe Convention is the largest gathering of G.I. Joe fans in Canada! Come meet fellow collectors and fan of G.I. Joe. Participate in Q&A sessions, presentations, and speak with Hasbro Canada! Free toys for the kids, convention exclusive items and Canada's largest dealer room for all things G.I. Joe!

Canadian G.I. Joe Convention

Exclusives

Due to the enormously positive feedback we recieved during our "Test Run" of issuing pre-orders for con sets, we are pleased to announced that we will be doing it once again, and (hopefully) in larger numbers! More information on this to come in 2012.

Canadian G.I. Joe Convention 2012
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Mississauga, ON

**TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE UNTIL JULY 10th, 2012**
After that, tickets will only be available at the door August 10th and 11th.

Canadian G.I. Joe Convention
Original Source: Canadian G.I. Joe Convention 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #1249
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G. I. Joe: Retaliation Official Movie Website has been updated with Images, Trailers, Downloadable Content and Character Posters. You can also visit country specific pages by clicking on the Flags below the site.

Note: Trailers from various countries contain new footage.

For the downloadable content you will be redirected to Facebook and you can download “Cover Photos” for your Facebook Profile.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Official Website Updated - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #1250
ThundeRSS

Quote:
AllMoviePhoto has posted new images from GI Joe Retaliation showing the following characters:
  • Roadblock
  • Duke
  • Lady Jaye
Take a look at the new photos after the jump!
Original Source: New Lady Jaye And Duke With Roadblock Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe